Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.8

Maryann Khan Oceanside, CA

I was able to call and talk to someone, did not have to do the whole thing online. The worker they sent was pleasant and knew his job.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Maryann, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

David Mountain Home, TX

They have always been great but they have recently streamlined the response for service claims. I had someone out the same day!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi David, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Koste Belcheff San Angelo, TX

The technician was good and knew his business. The problem is the unit is old and has to keep having parts replaced when it would be more efficient to replace the unit.

Mary Isenberg Punta Gorda, FL

I have American Home Shield in 3 Homes. If you appliance cannot be fixed they replace it period. Only company I know that will do,that.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mary, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Bernard Gardier Suffolk, VA

They are professional. Everything is documented, so if you read the documents and policies then you know what you have.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bernard, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jeffrey G Daniel Grant Park, IL

Very reliable caring to follow upswing sure job is done A ND done right.answwer questions and gets answers. We'll worth the time and money

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jeffrey, We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy the coverage AHS provides!

Kaitlyn Killeen, TX

Awesome service for a great price!! I appreciate everything this service has done for us in a time of need! My family and I highly recommend!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kaitlyn, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Shelena K Gray Biloxi, MS

The only thing I had them to do for me was service my furnace. After they come look at my water heater I will do another survey

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Shelena. Thank you for the 5 star review. We look forward to working with you again and taking care of your future repair needs as well.

Stephen E. Kain Lincoln, CA

Because the first contractor assigned for the refrigerator was terrible and AHS would NOT listen to me and consequently it took me nearly 3 months to get the refrigerator taken care of.

WADE A RANARD Marion, IA

AHS is very easy to work with. They will either fix the problem or replace the appliance. In my case I received a brand new washer. Very satisfied.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Wade, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Arielle B Decastro Virginia Beach, VA

Crazy poor. I've been having an issue with my furnace for almost 2 months now. AHS sent McCoy Plumbing to fix the problem. Twice they replaced the motor and once they replaced the fan assembly. Until now it hasn't worked. Two companies, Cutting Edge and ATR confirmed that McCoy had installed the wrong motor wrong, however I am still waiting for my furnace to get fixed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Arielle, Thank you for bringing the issues regarding the repair company and delay in service to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to discuss your experience.

Nov. 10th, 2021

Clint Heller Wasilla, AK

They are professional and quick, it is well worth the money for the hundred dollar call out fee you have to pay, still Highly recommend them.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Clint, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Charlotte Rivers Fort Worth, TX

They don't take care of there customers . Every time you call them something is not covered. They charge me my monthly fees and non refundable visits. We have been with them too long not to receive Better Service. Customer Service is terrible also. You place a work order and they don't put in everything. They are just a waste of Money and Time . Don't Do Them

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Charlotte. We appreciate your feedback. We are here to address your concerns. I would be happy to speak with you regarding any unresolved issue.

Ping Chi San Jose, CA

I got quick response from American Home Shield to my service request. The plumber it sent to us was professional and did a great job!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ping, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Chelsealya Payne Austell, GA

Very responsive and professional. Very thorough in ensuring that my home needs were taken care of In a very timely manner.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Chelsealya, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Monica Allison Park, PA

Awful! First claim they told us that our desired contractor wasn't on their list.. we found out later that they were! Then, they sent someone who wasn't on their preferred list. After our second claim for a different issue, they withdrew from my bank account, without my permission or notifying me, THREE additional claim fees, on different dates, totaling $225! These occurred two months later. Thank goodness my husband noticed them! I would NEVER recommend this company!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Monica, Thank you for bringing the issues to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to discuss the fees paid to AHS.

Jean Cosgrove North Las Vegas, NV

You people received payment from my escrow on Sept 20th and deposited same then when I called on Oct 13th to get someone to look at my washer you insisted that I pay again. I have sent 3 copies of the check from escrow that you deposited and a copy of my bank information showing that you deducted the second payment from my bank account. I want my second payment returned immediately.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hello Jean. Thank you for taking time to let us know about the billing and payment issue with your contract. I would happy to look into this matter further and contact you to follow up.

Read McFaddin Portland, OR

It was quick and efficient experience. AHS addressed our issue quickly and the company we work with was fantastic as always.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Read, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

REGGIE HARRELL Harker Heights, TX

I've owned my new home just over a year and had three instances where they've stepped in to handle them quickly and professionally.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Reggie, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Thomas Kemp Stevensville, MD

Good initial plummer response. However ever since has been disappointing. No contractor has been located to fix the whole in my ceiling. The phine service rep didn't even know AHS had sent me the option of a $100 to make me fix it and go away. Still waiting.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Thomas, I hate to hear about the plumbing experience that was unsatisfactory. I would be glad to speak with you to address your concerns.

Veronica Jacksonville, NC

Customer service was great. I like how techs attended to my situation in a good time. AHS really have lived up to their name.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Veronica. We love taking the hassle and worry out of home repairs for our members. Thank for letting us know that you were pleased with your service experience. We can't wait to work with you again.

Maxime Duchard Hudson, FL

I had a damaged Stove, AHS sent a contractor to fix it for me at home. Since then, the stove works as if it was brand new.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Maxime. Thank you for letting us know that the problem with your stove was resolved to your satisfaction. We look forward to providing you with a great service experience again.

Angela Moisant Choctaw, OK

I liked them at first for easy fixes, but as soon as something big happened they have been denying my claim on a heater. Said because a switch is broken that it isn't installed for diagnosis and therefore can't cover the replacement.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Angela, Thank you for bringing the issues regarding the repair company and delay in service to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to discuss your experience.

Maria Diaz Lancaster, TX

Excellent and professional service. Repairs offered in a timely manner. Technician were respectful and very professional.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Maria, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

SHERRIE WALLS Hyattsville, MD

I placed a service call on line and I received an email right away, then I received a call and another email, quick response.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sherrie, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Margaret Boni Reno, NV

Every time I've had to use AHS, they have been courteous and prompt. The service companies that have been used are great as well.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Margaret, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Bob Novello Georgetown, TX

Had to have the Heat Pump fan motor replaced. The problem was diagnosed the next day and the new motor was installed the day after.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bob, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Sean McClurkan Georgetown, TX

My washer died and they had a service technician to the house in a day or two and a week after that, I had a new washer installed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sean. Thank you so much for letting us know how promptly and effectively the issue was taken care of with your washer. We are so happy to have provided you with service you can count on. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Deborah Beer Verona, PA

We've had to call in multiple times since buying our house. Each time they helped us resolve the issue well. We'd be broke without them!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Deborah, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Richard Holden Martinez, CA

I have had two bad experiences with AHS and its referred professionals. The first involves a plumbing leak that was apparently denied because of a construction error. I never received a denial letter or the report from AHS. The second involved my HVAC system and an electrical line problem. Again, no letter of denial or actual report provided. Despite getting a rate increase I. The past year, AHS has been useless as a home warranty. I am within a month of cancelling.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Richard. Thank you for letting us know that you were not satisfied with the service experiences for your plumbing and HVAC system. I would be happy to speak with you further to address your concerns.

joed Fancy Gap, VA

It takes a few days for service. That is frustrating when your heat goes out in the winter or when your AC goes out in the middle of a heat wave and you have to wait days for service. It has taken as long as a week a few years ago. Customer service is very difficult to contact. I called yesterday and was told there was over an hour wait but if I wanted someone would call me back asap. That was yesterday. No call yet today. When the service you need requires an expensive part or repair that is when you are happy you have AHS. If you go several years with no needed repairs then you think "I'm paying all this money for nothing." So is AHS worth the cost? I have not figured that out yet. It's been 17 years. If I add up all the fees vs all the repairs I have received I think AHS is ahead of the game. I have not needed many repairs in the 17 years. So, I would say it's a toss up.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Joel, I hate to hear about the delay in service that has been experienced. I would e glad to speak with you to reach a possible resolution for the AC system repaired.

Nov. 22nd, 2021

Reynaldo Abagat National City, CA

I reported a problem with my refrigerator/ freezer and technician came to supposedly fixed it. The compressor was recharged and technician reported the problem was fixed. I submitted a mother work request for the same problem freezer temperature was too high that ice cream will not freezes up and melted like a milkshake. By me requesting service for the same problem was charged another $75.00.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Reynaldo. Thank you for bringing your concern regarding your refrigerator to our attention. I do hate to hear that you had the same problem again. I would be happy to speak with you to discuss this issue further.

Jean Kerr Laurel, MD

I had American Home Shield when I had my townhouse and now again with my single family house and didn't have any problems when I need service for my appliances.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jean. We are so happy to hear how pleased you have been with your warranty coverage. It's great to know you continued with the warranty on your new home as well. We want you to know you can always count on us when needed. We look forward to working with you for many more years to come.

Angela Burruss Upper Marlboro, MD

Overall, the service from AHS and the service providers has been very good. AHS customer service reps are polite and very helpful. Most of the service providers have been very good over the last five years.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Angela, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Oct. 27th, 2021

Raejean Avalos Bremerton, WA

Ultimately the company followed through with repairs and appliance replacement but it took 6+ phone calls and contacts to complete the tasks. Personnel were helpful on the phone but follow up was weak.

Walter Wright Augusta, GA

Always responsive and prompt to handle all requests. Last year I chose anothter vendor and discovered that lower prices dictate lower quality of servic e

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Walter, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Dale Hall Oklahoma City, OK

hate to give them one star. Can I give them zero. After calling for the fourth time and spending hours on the phone, I'm still waiting for American Home Shield to mail me a copy of what they want to do about fixing my AC. At first they were going to email me something. Then they couldn't do that and it had been mailed. I would receive it in a few days. Still haven't received it and it's been about three weeks. Called again today, they put me on hold and the phone has been silent for the last hour. They want me to remain on the phone for a survey and then never come back with the survey. Received a request for this survey after an earlier call. No request now.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dale. Thank you for taking time to let us know about the issue with your centra air. I am sorry to hear you are still without your air working. I would be happy to speak with you further regarding this matter.

Oct. 27th, 2021

Fran Laurel, MD

On August 27, 2021, I submitted a claim for my stove that wasn’t working. American assigned GE Appliances to the repair; however, the contractor informed me and his office that the part needed to fix my stove was no longer available per manufacture. He unplugged my gas stove . Since it was a gas stove I had to be careful when lighting the two burners. He also warned not to plug the stove into the electric socket. After numerous calls to American Homeshield and GE, my stove remains broken. Since August 27th I’ve had to use a match to light the one burner. There were times when I came close to burning myself in that I’m 70yrs old and my hands aren’t as steady as they were 20 yrs ago. On each call to American I was told someone from authorization would call me within 24-48 hours; however, I’ve not gotten any calls from American Homeshield. I’ve even emailed them but received not one reply to my calls nor emails. My grandson lives with me and I have to keep a close watch on him making sure he doesn’t burn himself or cause a fire . This is poor customer service. My contract with American indicates that if they can’t fix it then they will replace it. It’s been 2 months since my initial call for my GE Gas stove not working and to date it remains broken. American Homeshield is in direct violation of our contractual a agreement. I need my GE stove fixed or replaced as per our contract. American promised to do something that it’s failed to fulfill with my claim!! Unacceptable !!

Kathy Boysaw Chesterfield, MO

AGS has been responsive to recent requests for service related to repairs. It is my hope that the SIXTH visit to our home to fix our 10 yr old water heater will do the charm. At what point does fixing out weight replacement? I think that if a customer's problem requires REPLACEMENT, then AHS will do all it can to NOT to replace.

Nicole Cleveland, OH

My experience was good. When the person came out to fix problem. The issue wasn't on his field so he put order on for the right person to come fix the issue. Quick

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Nicole, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Brenda Thomas Blacklick, OH

Air condition was serviced for routine maintenance then several months later I had another service call because my air wasn't cooling only to find out it was low on Freon not sure if that could have been detected beforehand

Rebecca Beach Benton Harbor, MI

Pay $71.99 monthly for service & then $75 each service call! Needed dryer repair. Was told they had no one to service that model (although I've had it repaired at least 3 times before), & I need to find my own repair person. Really?!

Jenny Partington Falls Church, VA

They've been excellent for years but lately they seem to be making their contractors order parts through them which is making repairs take a couple of weeks at times instead of a couple of days. I wish they would go back to the old way they did it.

Lorraine Mcpherson Los Angeles, CA

An electrician contractor sent by American Shield came to look at my inoperative electric heating system. He took a photo of my broken thermostats. Weeks later I called to find out what the status was. Found out that American Shield denied the claim without an explanation. Called AS to get my $75 refund since no service was performed. Was told that the refund would be processed. Nothing yet. Still waiting. In the meantime another electrician who I sent photos of my broken system to told me to talk to HVAC specialist. Why didn't AS inform me of this option?

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lorraince. Thank you for letting us know about the experience with your electrical heating system. I am sorry to hear that you have not received the refund promised to you. I would be happy to speak with you to further address this issue.

Oct. 28th, 2021

Paul Hornung Sussex, WI

For the most part it's been great. But I corrected my address on the website because it wasn't even close, which led to issues with a claim. That caused me to pay myself and get reimbursed. I understand why it happened, and would still recommend this company. Just more of a nuisance.

Susan Ingleside, TX

The value is good. Service is a 50/50 to date. Had to arrange my own repair imbibe call and still paid the warranty fee. The other service request was handled by AHS. So just a little disappointed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Susan. Thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the recent service you received. We want you to know you can count on AHS when you need us. We look forward to providing you with a much better experience for your future warranty repair needs.

Oct. 25th, 2021

Otisha green Deatsville, AL

Very great. Home shield was very fast replacing our washing machine with no red tape the initial service tech appointment was a little long but it was worth it

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Otisha, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Oct. 19th, 2021

Garneda Petersen Olathe, KS

I saw that the monthly price had gone up. Called them. The lady said they would put it to $49. I was fine with that. 2 months later, they raised the price by $20 a month. Called again. Had a nice rep but with broken English. I still don't understand. Seems like bait and switch to me!

Larry Clark Kansas City, MO

When I called about a problem the first person was not very well informed at all. The second person I talked with was very knowledgeable and was able to assist me in all my needs. All my problems were resolved.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Larry. Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear that all of your problems were resolved. We look forward to providing you with an even better experience in the future. Thank you forbeing a valued member of AHS.

Oct. 25th, 2021

John Lash Ewa Beach, HI

Scheduling a repair is easy when using the website. Contractor is assigned quickly and out to the house on a timely basis. AHS is comprehensive on what it covers.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Oct. 18th, 2021