Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.5

Kimberley Warmack Maricopa, AZ

Aerican home Shield is amazing excellent cutter service . Repair has been top notch

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kimberley, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Harold Schambach Jr Spring, TX

No follow up from Coustomer Service!! I've requested a buy out on my washer which has been under repair for over a month. I've call four times and was promised a call back but no one called to discuss the buy out.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Harold. Thank you for your feedback regarding your repair experience. I am sorry to hear that the issue with your washer was not resolved to your satisfaction. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with a resolution.

Srinivas Lingamaneni Louisville, KY

Waiting for more than a week to get my A/C fixed. No appointment set up so far for the technician to come and fix it. Customer service is horrible and all they do is lie to the customers.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Srinivas, I hate to hear about the delay in service that has been experienced to have the AC system repaired. I would be glad to speak with you.

debbie Chang Kissimmee, FL

great so far. Everyone is very customer oriented and helpful as well as knowledgeable

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Debbie. Thank you for the positive review. We love when our members express how well their service experiences have been. It is so good to know you received the help you needed in a a professional manner. We can't wait to provide you with your next great service experience as well.

Shawn Lamberson Gary, IN

Wonderful and Excellent response time with awesome customer service and very friendly agents

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Shawn. We really appreciate your positive feedback. We strive to provide prompt and reliable service for our members with each service request. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Sheila Mitchell Baltimore, MD

Very good. AHS very productive in setting up my appointments when I call for repair services

Reply from American Home Shield

Shelia, thank you. It is so good to hear that your repair needs are being met when you contact us. We are so happy you are fiding the value in the service we provide. We look forward to continuing to provide you with great service experiences.

Davina A. Spindale, NC

So very glad I chose AHS because they took care of my home issues quick and with great ease.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hello Davina. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your positive experiences. We do our very best to provide prompt service with each request. Thank you for choosing AHS to take care of your home repair needs.

Kelly Nelson Ramona, CA

Had A/C go out the morning of a heat wave. Put in a call and had A/C fixed on the same day.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kelly. We are so excited to hear about how quickly and effectively your AC repair was taken care of. We can't wait to provide you with this same level of service for your next repair need. Thank you for choosing AHS.

james dunson Tahuya, WA

My water heater malfunction was repaired quickly and effectively...no further problems were noted

Reply from American Home Shield

Hello James. Thank you so much for letting us know about the fast and effective service you received. We always want you to know you can count on AHS to take care of your home repair needs. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

belinda henriques Tuckahoe, VA

All of my experience with AHS has been great from customer service to the technicians!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Belinda. This is really wonderful to hear. We are so excited to know that you have been pleased with all of your AHS experiences. We can't wait to provide you with great service again. Thank you for being a valued member of AHS.

Karen Lancaster, PA

Very good experience - have not needed to use all that much but have been pleased with the service.

James Gilliland Clovis, CA

It was easy to use and very helpful. They were also timely and took care of what I needed done.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi James. It is so wonderful that your repair need was taken care of with ease. We can't wait to provide you with excellent service for your next repair. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Keith Adams Hyattsville, MD

I have an existing issue with low water pressure. I had an appointment with T mayes Plumbing and Heating and stay at home from 2:00-8:00 pm and they never came

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Keith. I am very sorry to hear that the contractor did not show up for your appointment. I can see why this would be upsetting. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with resolving this issue.

Brenda J Bethea Silver Spring, MD

They offered appointments within a reasonable time frame and completed the repairs to my satisfaction.

Toya Lilburn, GA

I am very satisfied. My repairs are completed efficiently and by professionals

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Toya. Thank you for taking time to write a review. It's really good to know your repairs were taken care of so effectively. We hope you continue to use and enjoy your home warranty coverage. Please continue to let us know how we are doing.

Mohammad Rahman Rockville, MD

Great service and great company. Really helpful and contract you with the best service providers.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mohammad. We appreciate your time in reviewing your experience with AHS. We want you to know you can trust in the coverage we provide. It's great to hear you have not had any problems with getting your repair needs met. We look forward to taking care of your next repairwith the same level of service.

David Medrano Lubbock, TX

Everytime I have submitted a service request, AHS has been fast, friendly and effecient!

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you, David, so much for letting us know about your positive service experience. We are so glad to hear how well it went. We want you to always know you can count on AHS as your home warranty company.

Laura Conway Round Rock, TX

Always on time. Always completes the job in one visit. Never have to request,a correction.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Laura. We are so delighted to hear that we have been able to address your repair needs to your satisfaction. Thank you for taking time to write a review. We look forward to providing you with great service for your next repair need as well.

Gerald McGee Charlotte, NC

American Home Shield is fine on small and medium size appliances but not so good on major appliances such as AC units

Paul Leenheer El Paso, TX

The few times I’ve used their services, they’ve been exceedingly professional!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Paul. Thank you so much for letting us know that you received great service. We really value your opinion and value you as our home warranty member. We look forward to exceeeding your expectations for your next repair need.

Dan Taisipic Lacey, WA

Always delivered the work they say they will and on time. Great staff on the phone.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dan. Thank you for your time in letting us know how we are doing. We always do our best to provide prompt and efficient service for our members. It is so wonderful to hear that we were able to do that for you. Thank you for trusting AHS.

James wilson McCalla, AL

Very good. My only complaint is the amount of time that it takes for air conditioning repair to come to the house.

Elizabeth Green Allen, TX

We've used it once and the service was fine. It did take more than a week for us to get the appt and it was our A/C that went out.

Cathy Harrison Middleburg, FL

No one has gotten in touch with us regarding our air conditioning it’s been 4days but you took the $100 for that service very disappointed in the service eight now

Nicholas Jefferson Waldorf, MD

Quick service processing; excellent service reps, and quickly got someone out to fix the problem!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Nicholas. Thank you for the positive service review. It is our goal to provide our members with prompt and reliable service for all your repair needs. We thank you for trusting AHS as your home warranty company.

Becky Groom Kennewick, WA

Amazing! Always very quick and I always tell everyone they need to pay for this service!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Becky. We love providing our members with prompt and reliable service. Thank you so much for trusting AHS to provide you with service you can count on.

Jul. 31st, 2021

Janice Sowe Las Vegas, NV

Air conditioning went out. AHS sent a very good company and their Representative knew what to do.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Janice. This is so wonderful to hear. We really appreciate you taking time to let us know that your problem was resolved so effectively. We look forward to working with you again and providing you with another great repair experience.

Marc Derrow Portage, IN

Had assigned company come out, once they saw the problem it took American Home Shield about a month before we had a new air conditioner, we suffered in the heat. Need to speed up process of replacing units

Michelle Ochoa Taylor, TX

Very convenient and a good value, I do wish that the service fee was lower. I am already paying monthly.

Brian Sims Rock Hill, SC

The service has been wonderful. I am so glad we made the choice to purchase our warranty with them

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Brian, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Hannah San Diego, CA

first round, finally found out certain issues were not covered; second round, covered, requested on July 12, not yet solved by far (after 10 days)

Olufemi Amosu Katy, TX

Experience was good with AHS, right from booking for service to the point of closing my request.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Olufemi, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Javier Briseno Casa Grande, AZ

They have been really good over all this last time I'm still waiting for my cooktop range and it's been 5 months or more

P Evans Jackson, MS

Whether you call or put in the requests for service online the response is quick

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi P Evans, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jul. 28th, 2021

Diethra Clare Palmdale, CA

Put in a claim for my dryer. La Appliance came out to fix it and now the problem is still occurring. Awaiting for a call for them to come back out to fix and it's been 2 weeks

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Diethra. Thank you for letting us know you have not been contacted regarding your dryer. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with a resolution to this issue.

B Higuera Torrance, CA

The automated portion is outstanding. However, if I need to talk to a person, it is not the best setup

Erica Negron Brandon, FL

The process of submitting a request was VERY SIMPLE. However, initializing my account was a huge hassle.

Gulliver Foyle El Dorado Hills, CA

Terrible company that is running a literal scam to provide a false sense of security to homeowners. In both cases where I had need of a warranty claim, AHS failed to honor their statements and contract. The 2nd incident was like so many have experienced: a nightmare. We've paid over $15000 in premiums over the years, for terrible customer service, 3rd rate contractors, and a run-around instead of assistance. I can't state strongly enough how terrible our service was. The thousands of positive reviews on websites that DO NOT allow you to post a review is very suspicious. I suggest that AHS is behind the publishing of these 5 star reviews. Go to a website where anyone can post a review and you will see the truth. AHS own website has 16,000+ 5 star reviews. But you can't post a review. Think about that. Save your money for an appliance breakdown. You will save money and get higher quality components and service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gulliver. Thank you for your feeback. We do hate to hear that you have had such terrible experiences with AHS. We are here to address your concerns. I would be happy to speak with you to address any undersolved issue.

Dawn Pfund Renton, WA

One of the worst customer service experiences I have had. First Claim - Washing machine. Took 8 weeks, 2 contractors, and 4 visits to fix. Thankfully, there was a manual work around so I could continue washing my clothes. I did not follow up often because of the workaround. The few times I did, they had no idea what was going on and my claim had just been sitting for weeks. Second Claim - Refrigerator stopped working. First contractor came out in 2 days and told us were out of freon and needed to have the fridge re-charged, which they could not repair. I waited 2 days to hear from them, nothing. Called Monday to be told they were trying to find a contractor to repair the leak and would call me back. No call back. Tuesday, called twice, spent about an hour on hold while they called contractors. Was told one could come out in a week or so. I told them that was not acceptable and I needed my refrigerator repaired sooner than that. Again, no call back. Called Wednesday, was told they were still looking for a contractor. At this point, I asked to speak to a manager. I was put on hold for 45 minutes and when the manager came online, they were having some technical difficulty and could not hear me, so hung up, no call back. Called again that afternoon and after 15 minutes was told they found a contractor. Turns out the contractor they sent out doesn't do freon/closed system repairs, so they could not have fixed the issue. And, he gave a completely different diagnosis, which he also could not repair. Thursday, called again, asked to speak to a manager, was given the runaround, told they would find a contractor same day and call me back in an hour. 4 hours later, no call back. Call for a 7th time this week and am told a completely different story. They don't have the report from the Wednesday repair yet, so they don't know what is going on. Refuse to let me talk to a manager, telling me it will slow things down. Then finally tell me they can't fix my fridge and will make an offer. That offer is supposedly coming tomorrow. I am betting I have another 3 hours on hold coming up to get paid. As soon as this is closed out, I am cancelling this service. We went and bought a new refrigerator today with our own money. I cannot wait to never deal with this company again. Horrible experience, horrible customer service. Do not use this company.

Penny Stevenson Bedford, TX

On July 2, 2021, I submitted an invoice of which I used an outside contractor to remove and replace a defective hot water heater, of which it was under manufacturers warranty. I was told by AHS to submit an invoice from the plumber which I paid $500 to. AHS told me that it would take 7-10 days to receive my check of $500. It has been 21 business days, and I still have not received the check. I called AHS today, July 29th, and they told me that it would be another 12 business days before I could receive my money. I am a Widow, living on a restricted income, and this has caused me extremely stress and heartache. I am strongly considering a law suit.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Penny. I am very sorry to hear that you still have not received your reimbursement check. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with resolving this issue.

Kyle Kelly Mesa, AZ

Our house is now 12 years old and it seems something new breaks every other month. American home shield has helped us keep our house running.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kyle. We are so happy that you took time to let us know about experiences. We are here to take the hassle out of home repairs. Thank you for trusting AHS to do that for you.

Jul. 20th, 2021

Eduardo Gonzalez Vacaville, CA

I can understand how certain repairs may take time, however being without a water heater for 5 days because they can't get a contractor out or even empathize with your situation leaves a lot to be desired. I think next time I choose a warranty company it definitely WILL NOT BE THIS ONE. If you have a problem with a home appliance that I consider a nessiity. Especially with a family of 6. How can they expect you to go a week without hot water and not even bat an eye. This company will bandaid anything they can until the warranty period is out.

Reply from American Home Shield

Eduardo. We appreciate you taking time to let us know about the issue with your water heater. I can see why this would be upsetting. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with a resolution.

Lisa Frisco, TX

Always responsive. Tells you if there is a special condition with repair. Such as they only pay $10 per pound on refrigerant.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you, Lisa. We greatly appreciate your time to provide a review of your experience. It's very good to hear that your policy coverage was explained to you. Thank you for trusting AHS to take care of your home repair needs.

Jul. 14th, 2021

Erika Jacksonville, FL

Didn't show up to two different appointments and at one appointment they didn't fix what was needed to be fixed and instead of calling me to ask if I would pay extra for the pet they left and I had to reschedule another appointment and service call

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Erika. Thank you forletting us know about your repair experience. I am sorry to hear that the issue was not resolved and that you had reschedule you appointment. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with a resolution.

Brooke Arrington Tulsa, OK

The coverage options, it's very easy to fill out a claim online, the text and email communications are helpful, overall it's very convenient

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Brooke. Thank you for your positive review. We are so happy to hear that you can use the website with ease and have found the service to be convenient. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Jul. 13th, 2021

Gregg Stengel Plano, TX

They are quick to respond, the service folks sometimes not so quick especially on weekends, wait till Monday or Tuesday if something happens Friday or late Thursday.

Reply from American Home Shield

HiGregg, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Jul. 27th, 2021

Joshua Richardson Metairie, LA

Your appliance department overall service is extremely poor. In addition, when you hire a vendor to come and check the product my account ALWAYS shows up completed which is never the case. In addition, your customer service managers say they will call you back AND NEVER DO!!!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Joshua. I amvery sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the service from our appliance department and that you did not get a call back from a supoervisor. We are here to address your concerns. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with a resolution. Please provide your contract number or property address so that I may locate your account.

Jul. 15th, 2021

Joan spearman Fort Smith, AR

Had to watch water flow out of hot water heater for 5 days til the plumber got ok to install new one. We were without hot water for 6 days recently. Tried calling to ask to hurry it up and was on hold for twenty minutes.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Joan. I am very sorry to hear about the experience with your water heater. I am sure it was very frustrating to be without hot water for 6 days. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with a resolution to this matter.

Jul. 15th, 2021

Patricia Birdtail Muskogee, OK

They help get my air conditioning fixed as soon as possible they did a wonderful job that hands-on experience and then I would recommend them

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Patricia. We really appreciate you choosing American Home Shield as your home warranty company and allowing us the opportunity to service your repair needs. Thank you for your recommendation and trust.

Jul. 13th, 2021

n henderson Las Vegas, NV

AHS always come through right on time. Professional and knowledgeable. I will have AHS for a lifetime. Worth every penny.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi N Henderson. We truly appreciate your positive review. We are so excited to hear about how happy you are with your home warranty coverage. We look forward to taking care of you future home repair needs and hope you contine to find the value in your AHS coverage for many years to come.