Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.5

Delphine Bigony Columbia, SC

My experience with American Home Shield has been positive. Service is scheduled in a timely manner and the technicians have been well qualified.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for letting us know everything worked out great for you. Taking care of our members is the main goal here at AHS. I am glad that you were happy with the work done. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Enjoy your day.

Luz Sanchez Corona, CA

Good service and fast response. Would like better things left as they are found but cosmetics are not part of their coverage.

Reply from American Home Shield

We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you. Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us.

BettieLand Hot Springs Village, AR

Have had no problems/issues on any service call I've made. Repairs are quick and service techs are professional and dependable.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for your feedback. We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service. And we are always here if you need us.

Rachael Spates Grand Rapids, MI

They are good at setting up appointments to fix things, but if it’s not a simple cheap fix, than they delay and blame it on the service company. I’m currently going on a week and a half of no electricity in parts of my house because it was a repair that requires approval. I’ve had them for 3 years and this is my first major problem and they are causing more stress and not fixing the problem

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rachael, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I owuld be glad to speak with you about the electricity issues that have been experienced.

Mar. 18th, 2021

Jason Hebert Sparks, NV

Very timely service, very helpful have made multiple claims and they get back to you right away and usually can get someone out same day

Bruce Orland, CA

Very helpful and timely response. Repairs were done quickly and correctly. Contracted repair company was easy to work with.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bruce, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Iris R. Craighead New Castle, DE

I am very displeased with overall performance and professionalism of serviceman who serviced washer. The Plumber was very detailed and professional BUT the problem still exists with water leaking in sink in Powder Room. It is getting more leakage when water goes out of washer.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Iris, I would be glad to speak with you about the leak service request. I will be contacting you soon.

Erica Wilkes Pittsburgh, PA

So far so good. I've used them a few times and the service has been good. We had the same plumber twice and they did a quality job, I was very pleased. I gave 4 stars because a drain pipe broke in the ceiling and it wasn't completely covered, I had to pay an extra $485 to the plumber.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Erica, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Apr. 20th, 2021

Thomas Hofer Tampa, FL

I am very disappointed with the quality of service of American Home Shield's contractors. I recently had my covered refrigerator repaired out of pocket as American would not assign a trustworthy contractor to perform the repairs. I was without a refrigerator from Jan 6 to Feb 27. I had 3 separate repair requests - none of them fixed the problem. Finally, at my own expense I called a repair technician who diagnosed the problem - the American Home Shield contractor failed to connect the internal electrical plug when he replaced internal wiring. I asked American Home Shield to send another contractor and they refused. Bottom line - there is no quality control of contractor performance. I will not renew my warranty contract when it expires at the end of April.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Thomas, Thank you for bringing the refrigerator delay to my attention. I would be glad to speak with you to discuss the delay that was experienced.

Jorge diaz Chicago, IL

Prompt and professional service, they do as just as they promise and the technician they sent was very knowledgeable, I will definitely recommend any day.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good afternoon Jorge, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jyll Foy Coatesville, PA

Contractors sent out are wonderful! They're professional, on time, extremely competent and always have a good understanding of what needs to be done.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jyll, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

DONNA SQUIRES Bessemer, AL

Efficient, easy step by step instructions and scheduling online, co-payment easy and reasonable. repairman on time and did thorough and efficient job.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Donna, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Mar. 11th, 2021

Jonah Virginia Beach, VA

Anytime we have an issue, we simply call American home shield abs they refer us to the company that is going to fix our problem, and they always fix our issue.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jonah, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Gari-Sue Greene Tucson, AZ

They came to fix my exhaust fan in the master bathroom. It needed to be replaced. They had to order the part but it came in the following week and they installed it

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gari-Sue, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Denise Wetherbee Freeland, MI

We always have to have someone out for service and sometimes for the same thing. Very spring and winter or even summer for that matter we have to have someone come out and look at our furnace or AC. And we were charged another $125 3months after they did a furnace check before winter started.

Leticia Kennewick, WA

Very professional fast service and excellent work. I recommend American home Shield we have had a great experience using there services twice this past month.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Leticia, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Mar. 16th, 2021

Beverly Jenkins Fayetteville, GA

They refused to take the responsibility for my finished basement being destroyed by water when they were informed by the company they first sent that they were unable to fix it. It was their responsibility to find me another company . They did nothing so I had to bring in someone to fix it. I had to have my entire bathroom floor taken up and dried out by servclean and now my floor and part of the shower has to be replaced. You guessed it AHS doesn’t want to hear anything. The funny thing is I understand error but I do not accept people not taking responsibility for THEIR oversight . So I would not recommend AHS to anyone.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Beverly, I would be glad to speak with you to discuss your most recent AHS experience.

Martina Hicks Little Elm, TX

I have used Home Shield on two occasions, and both times it saved us money and quickly restored ed the issue with little fuss. BEST PURCHASE WE HAVE MADE!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Martina, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Gregory Ross Winston-Salem, NC

Good response time but inconsistent communication regarding services needed. Still charged for visit when no repair completed when service technician did not have parts needed

Anonymous Fort Smith, AR

Some normal home appliances are not covered by the service. Like a Freezer. I can not eat canned foods so I have to have a freezer but it is not covered under the service contact.

Clara Fayetteville, NC

They are a great company, excellent service, and best home appliances protection around. They send out the best contractors around. Kudos, all the way.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Clara, I hate to hear about your most recent experience to have the appliances repaired. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Mar. 11th, 2021

Jose Gonzalez Kankakee, IL

AHS replaced my Lennox furnace with a poor quality Payne (Carrier) unit that is not preforming well at all. The new unit was physically damaged during transportation and the fan unit had to be replaced under warranty right away. Furthermore, the unit keeps tripping out by an internal high temperature safety device and is not able to keep up with the heating demand of the house (69F setpoint) whenever the outside temperature is below 30F. Two weeks after installation I still don't have reliable heat in my house. I am not satisfied with AHS performance and would not recommend them based on my experience.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jose, I would be glad to speak with you regarding the furnace replacement and the quality of the job. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

Mar. 15th, 2021

Leticia Smith Pflugerville, TX

Prompt, efficient & a blessing to have this service. I was able to put my request in online & was contacted w/in 24 hrs for service. Glad to have this warranty service!

Mar. 4th, 2021

Barbara Brown Allen, TX

AHS customer service is terrible there is no one that can give you the status of your service order. They do not call you back after they say they will with information. Last August I had a service order that was never taken care of and three months after the call I received a letter from Frontdoor telling me the problem was not the result of normal wear and tear. The plumber who looked at the issue lied after the problem it took three months to get the letter denying the service It was the result of normal wear that the drains would not drain. Last week I was told that AHS could not get a plumber so they would authorize an plumber that I hired which I did and he did the work. Now I have no idea how I will be reimbursed for the expense.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Barbara, Thank you for bringing the issues to our attention regarding the plumbing service request.

Mar. 8th, 2021

Dennis Mont'Ros Tampa, FL

The epitome of professional. Immediate contact, and great contractors showed up. The work was done in an hour, and there were zero hidden fees. Amazing!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dennis, We strive to provide you with the best team of professional contractors and hope you continue to enjoy AHS!

Feb. 26th, 2021

Carol Carnley Lufkin, TX

AHS always has competent staff who promptly take care of any need that arises at my home. The service techs are prompt, capable and efficient. I recommend AHS

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Carol, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Feb. 25th, 2021

OSSIE CRENSHAW San Dimas, CA

Reliable and on time. Advises and complete warranty work along with advising you of work that’s needed and not covered. It was just one phone call and the rest was done

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ossie, We really appreciate you being a customer and making us aware of your service experience!

Mar. 4th, 2021

Richard Coley Norman, OK

The provide fast reliable service! Most Warranty companies get a bad rap for trying to not pay for anything. AHS has paid as per the contract, NO HASSLES!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Richard, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

William Baca Solomons, MD

While American Home Shield has done very well and covered my issues. I was surprised to learn that while they cover a garage door opener, they do not cover garage door springs.

Vanessa Sparhawk San Diego, CA

Easy to use and fast response time. I appreciate the technician calling me when he was on the way. The texts and emails as reminders were also helpful in tracking the issue.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Vanessa, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

David Welbon Elmira, OR

Because when my ac went out in the middle of summer, they would only fix it with parts from "their" warehouse. But the compressor was out of stock, no knowledge of when it would be in stock, and they would NOT let me purchase one locally to be installed by "their" installer. So they told me I could wait until they got one in stock, or have it repaired by someone else at my expense and they would cover $600 of the $1500 cost of repair. Since it was summer and my medical condition requires ac, I had to get it fixed and eat $900 for repairs. BTW, the compressor was available locally and had it installed the next day by my old ac service people. Then American Home Shield lost the paperwork to get the $600 back they said they would cover.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi David, Thank you for bringing your most recent American Home Shield experience to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you about the noncovered cost to have the air conditioner repairs completed.

Mar. 8th, 2021

Mark McMahon Milton, DE

Because we had an unfortunate situation with them and taking 3 weeks to replace a hot water heater. Especially in a pandemic and us new to a neighborhood not knowing anyone. Also filed a complaint with your customer service department asking for a call back and never heard back.

Bob Entner Sevierville, TN

There is a lot of stuff that you think would be covered that is not. Some of the contractors they use are substandard. Contractors sometimes don't communicate well and the people they send out sometimes don't seem well qualified.

Aron Sikarskie Cedar Rapids, IA

Having a Home warranty is great but having one with American Jone Shield is amazing because they actually follow up and assist you when you have a problem!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Aron, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Edward Botchway Frederick, MD

We have had the best customer service support and services requested have all been fulfilled successfully without any issues. Best appliance warranty company hands down.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Edward, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Feb. 11th, 2021

Lauren Gibson Canton, GA

I have had great service with them for roofing, and plumbing but I was unhappy with dealing with drywall repair after plumbing work. I am having to find my own contractor and pay upfront and wait to get reimbursed.

Miss Gloria J Bennett Bessemer, AL

There is several down falls i find in this company. They don't take compliants very well nothing is done about it. Very very very very hard toget thru. Not caring to see if the contractors did what they were to do. Not hiring the best contractors for the job. List goes on on.

Sandra tarr Phoenix, AZ

Have been a long time customer and the premiums escalate each year whether I have had many service calls or not. I think they should treat long-term customers to a periodic discount to show their appreciation for loyalty.

Monique and Joseph Phillips Hesperia, CA

We've always been pleased with the contractors who have come out to provide service and please with the pricing and customer service with American Home Shield.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Monique and Joseph, We are pleased to hear about your wonderful experience with AHS and the technicians that AHS provides!

Feb. 12th, 2021

Helen Leander, TX

3 coverage at a 2 price. The company responds quickly in assigning a contractor. Some contractors are better than others but for the coverage it is a 3 investment for me.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Helen, We would like to thank you for your feedback to AHS and hope you continue to enjoy the ease of service we provide!

Feb. 12th, 2021

Marcella Glendale, CA

Because the quality of the services are spotted. I had the last 2 wonderful plumbers but the previous guy that came to fix the kitchen fan was an absolute nightmare. I called you company to put the complaint 3 times snd as of today no one has called back

Carrie Mchenry Strong, AR

They word is their bond,and they are on time to do the work.if they have to order a part or item they let u know the soonest it will come in.i have not had any problem with them

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Carrie, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Feb. 4th, 2021

amanda slivenski Crum Lynne, PA

Plumbers were super nice. When I called about the problem I was a little uneasy having to wait so long for the service call. When they came out they were really fast and nice. And, my water bill wasn't as bad as I thought it would be from the leak they repaired.

Joe munoz Redding, CA

I've had American home shield for years and every time I have a problem they get it fixed for me and it's worth every penny of what I pay monthly thank you American home shield

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Joe, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Feb. 4th, 2021

De Anna Maize, KS

They got a worker out here heating and air. Because you can smell something like wires burning and he said it was not a job for him. He wasn't here 5 minutes and I still had to pay $100 for the visit. And $100 for the next guy who said that he can't do anything without an error code present. So that visit was only less than 5 minutes.

Cleveland Prince Newark, CA

Timeliness, professionalism, courtesy. Their response time and expertise took care of my urgent need. I recommend this company to my friends who are looking for home warranties.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Cleveland, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jan. 25th, 2021

Connie Laws Stanley, NC

They replaced my oven and it has needed to be repaired about 4 times since being installed. The last time there were two wires that were burnt in half when they came to prepare it. We had to do without hot water for two days because the had to turn off the gas to repair oven. It is also to get customer service to understand what needs to be repaired and what is wrong with it.

J W Jones Laurel, MD

They are so thorough/complete. They Offer and supply cover your entire home. This includes electrical and technology. They are prompt, on schedule, they call ahead to be sure you're home.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi JW Jones, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jan. 30th, 2021

Sultan Ahmed Austin, TX

I have been with AHS for over ten years and I have always received great service. Their policies are clear and fair. I also tried to be a fair and reasonable customer. The relationship works out great.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sultan, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jan. 30th, 2021

Kevin Elburn, IL

Have used the repair services for dishwasher repairs and to replace a 75 gallon hot water heater and for furnace repairs. AHS warranty has paid for itself many times over and service is always reliable and efficient.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kevin, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jan. 22nd, 2021