Vivint

9.4

Visit Site 1-(855) 866-8028

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

Kenneth Miller Virginia Beach, VA

Cameras work well, opening of doors notification works great and setting and disabling alarm is easy and quick

Reply from Vivint

This is great feedback! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!  If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Anhony Heard Memphis, TN

Have not had any problems since i had the alarm system. Technical support has been always available and helpful.

Rick Faulkner Hemet, CA

Have always been notified in a timely manner of issues and techs have always helpful, caring and take care problems

Scott Anthony Broussard, LA

Good company. Bad service calls. They are more worried about upgrading equipment instead of doing what they can to fix the existing equipment.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Disappointed in AZ

The company has persuasive salesman. That is the most positive thing I can say. However the company doesn’t live up to what the salesmen tell you when you sign a contract. I wanted to add equipment after finishing my backyard and I knew it when I signed the contract and the salesman said it would be no problem. I called numerous times and company refused to add the camera I desired. I was also told by the salesman the price would go down once I was at the end of the contract and the equipment was paid for. At the end of the contract they said the piece was going to go up unless I signed another 5 year contract. They did not honor anything the told me. Beware. It is very hard to get out of the contract, even at the end!! There are better options out there.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Michael Haywood Seattle, WA

I have been a Vivint customer since 2016, and I have nothing but negative things to say about this company. My issues are: customer service is horrible, and the smart lock is the worst product that I have purchased. The customer service, 🤦‍♂️! Long story short. I call Vivint to speak with a representative so I can understand my account a little better. I kept getting the same response to my question, so I had to keep hanging up so that I could possibly get a different representative who could answer my concerns. Let me explain. Your account has verbal passwords that a representative will ask you so that they know it’s you, the account holder. I must have told 4 different reps that my verbal password was incorrect because I was told by a representative almost a year ago that my password was incorrect, so I asked to speak with a supervisor. The representative tells me that I CAN NOT speak with a supervisor and that whatever issues I had, I needed to tell her. I hang up for a 5th time and call back and finally reach a rep that speaks understandable English. After speaking with this representative for 5 min, he was able to see what it was that I was trying to explain that other 4 representative’s couldn’t understand. To be told that I can’t speak with a supervisor and that I have to speak to you about my concerns is a bit concerning. I asked the representative if they had my correct contact number, which they did, how come no one called me when my alarm was triggered by me on accident? Yeah, my alarm went off 2 separate occasions and no one called either myself or my wife, no one! He said that I had selected the option to receive a text instead of a call! REALLY, I opted to have someone text me if my alarm was ever triggered? Ok, let’s say I did, WHY IS IT THAT NEITHER ME OR MY WIFE received a text inquiring if we were ok? Not cool Vivint. I purchased a smart lock for my front door and was really excited to have it since my family tends to forget to lock the front door when they come in. Needless to say the smart lock works when it wants to work. I have a custom rule to “ lock front door when any doors are closed”, but kinda like Vivint, it works only half the time. I can’t rely on the smart lock to lock after the door has been opened, then closed shut. I have replaced the batteries several times and I have several Wi-Fi range extenders, that was put in place by Vivint representatives. I’m glad I purchased the equipment right out the gate, so that I’m not a slave to this company. Do yourself a favor and go with a better home security company.

Reply from Vivint

Michael, thank you for your feedback. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Los The Bronx, NY

Some good and bad...let's start with the bad. I was lied to about when I could cancel and all equitable information/features. I work in the technical field (and it is a good thing I do because customer service relies heavily on customer input) but I have never experienced such terrible equipment service issues. I do not get the proper notifications when I motions are detected, and not enough motion recordings are done. It is like the cameras record what they wants to. I had two serious incidents that I have no recording of. Thank God I have the ring in certain areas that caught one incident. I had several issues with the motion detector as well. Some good... I can say is that I like the keypad display and it is user friendly. It is also connected to two wireless networks that does not rely on IP like the ring does which is absolutely better. Luckily have a strong wireless network throughout my house to connect all the devices. I can't imagine a place with just a router.

Reply from Vivint

Los, thank you for your feedback. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Larry Renner Clovis, CA

When I originally signed up with Vivint they were a great company. Great customer service and great products. However, over the years of using them that customer service has declined to the point that I have now switched to another security provider. It started when I could not get their service department to contact me back to upgrade my equipment. Then they send me a cellular component that I needed to install myself to get my equipment operational. My advice, do your homework before landing on a security provider.

Reply from Vivint

Larry, thank you for your feedback. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Lorne Hudson Avon, IN

This is by far the worst experience I… This is by far the worst experience I ever had with a company from customer service to the equipment. Twice a month I had to reboot my service by unplugging the control panel, removing it from the wall, unscrewing the control face and unplugging the battery. In all the time I had the service I never had all my equipment connected to the control panel at the same time. Cameras would freeze up and need to be deleted then reinstalled. Today was the last straw. The control panel finally went completely out. I tore it off the wall and threw it. Man that felt good! When we called and cancelled the account, customer service tried everything to keep us. When we said no, he tried to sell us insurance. In the rating I have to give them at least a star in order to write this. Quite frankly they don't deserve any stars.

Reply from Vivint

Lorne, thank you for your feedback. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Dec. 13th, 2021

Nick Fort Worth, TX

Never sign up with this Terrible company! You will never be able to get out of their contracts! I was happy with them at first, but after my second move and my dealings with a shady or incompetent installation technician I would recommend strongly to everyone to avoid this company! The troubles started when I was told on the phone with the customer loyalty department that I could get 0% APR on new equipment for the new house however when the technician came to install he said it was 9.99% APR and I was not happy with this unexpected change and refused these new terms and did not go forward with the upgraded equipment installation. Soon after I got a loan document from some company I’d never heard of and when I called them they said it was a loan for Vivint equipment. Angry that I had refused the loan but somehow still got a loan, I repeatedly contacted Vivint support to try and get this fixed. They promised they would research it and get back to me, but no one ever did even after escalating the issue to a supervisor. Now I seem to be stuck in a new 5 year contract against my will that I can’t get any resolution from Vivint on. I feel like they trapped me illegally but of course it would cost more to hire a lawyer to sue them than to just pay the contract so I don’t see any way out for me. So I feel I just need to warn others to STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHADY COMPANY!!

Reply from Vivint

Nick thank you for bringing this to our attention! Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Dec. 7th, 2021

Jeroo Irani Hollywood, FL

I feel very secure and safe when my alarm is on. If for any reason my alarm goes off , I am alerted immediately, mostly it's a false alarm.

Reply from Vivint

This is great feedback, Jeroo! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!  If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Oct. 21st, 2021

Mark & Ramona Russell Odessa, TX

They are patient and kind when I get caught up with my dogs as I enter the house. They call quickly and resolve our issues every time with a smile.

Reply from Vivint

This is great feedback, Mark! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!  If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Oct. 21st, 2021

Denise Midland, TX

No followup on service, we need some fine tuning and maybe an upgrade but to oldto do it all online. Need service call and can't figure our hours to get one.

Oct. 12th, 2021

Ida North Las Vegas, NV

The doorbell is the best part. The doorbell it rings and when I call people out they come out fix it and its better so this whole security system has been very, very good for me.

Reply from Vivint

That's what we like to hear! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!  If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Edwin Jacksonville, FL

Customer service has been pretty responsive to my concerns and needs. I think their equipment is equivalent to the industry standard. I just like the alarm service.

Charles Surprise, AZ

We requested something several times and never received them. A lot of times the cameras weren't working. For the last while they've been pretty good but we've had troubles with that. The cameras are great when they're working.

Reply from Vivint

Charles thank you for bringing this to our attention! Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Travis Victorville, CA

Customer service reps are very familiar with the company. The equipment is easy to maintain. They are good at emergency response.

Tom Pittsburgh, PA

I believe it provides me with a peace of mind and a sense of protection. I think they need to improve their customer service when it comes to billing issues.

Major Walls, MS

Good service and quality that work well and I appreciate. I like the camera and the manual box so you can see who's at the doors.

Sarah Cary, NC

My equipment meets my needs. It is easy to use. They are very responsive. I never have a problem that they didn't respond to right away.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for the five-star rating! If you have any questions or comments please call us at 1-800-216-5232.

Thomas Fayetteville, GA

Vivint is the best. It gives me peace of mind. It is easy to use and understand. The staff is fast, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Don Colorado Springs, CO

It seems to be state of art for the time. It is priced a little high but it is a good product. They respond quickly if the alarm goes off and resolve issues quickly.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback . We appreciate your honesty about your experience with  and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Angel Fayetteville, AR

The best part is being able to monitor my home while I am away. It is very reliable. They are very courteous and care about my needs.

Rita Saint Louis, MO

Love the app on my phone. I can arm and disarm the system from my phone. I like the price. I have no problems with the equipment.

Elena Detroit, MI

Support team is good with communication, I get prompt response. It is easy to get a human on the phone. The system is excellent quality.

Chrissi Parrish Dallas, TX

I love them great experience. I love when something happens they make sure to have all the info just a great experience overall.

Davlyn Evans Paris, TX

It’s worked well. I like the cameras abs ability to review the last recordings and the sound. The app is nice to access via the phone.

Patty Z Hudson, FL

Quality products, excellent support, and they respond very quickly if alarm goes off! I feel safe knowing that Vivint is looking out for our safety!

Marc Cerrato Las Vegas, NV

Very good tech support. Made me feel very comfortable walking me through an issue with my front door not being seen by the panel.

William Saint Peters, MO

The system works extremely well. My only concern is the delay to my phone. The seconds to minute it takes means I can’t get to see who is there quickly enough.

Stephanie Fahrenbruch Pueblo, CO

App is horrible. Half the time you can’t review a notification because the app just spins or gets frozen. The cameras have been down 3 times in the last month and this time I’m having an issue getting 2 of them back up.

Stacey Chavez Big Spring, TX

I rate like this because you all do a great job but the price of equipment is kinda high . We would probably get more cameras but they are just too expensive.

Ric Martin Lansing, MI

The service has been excellent. Always friendly and responsive. And I feel more secure with their service. Great peace of mind.

Kristina Coleman Springdale, AR

It is simple to use. I like the deter noise on the front porch and the driveway. My favorite items are the doorbell & driveway cameras.

Jonathan Heng CA

They use their own app for their alarm system, thermostat, and cameras which is convenient but answering the door camera doesn’t work because it crashes before loading and the thermostat control doesn’t seem to work well.

Reply from Vivint

This is great feedback, Jonathan! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Jan. 4th, 2022

Jim Stockton, CA

My glass break detection device goes off when my cockatoo is upset and screaming. Also my motion detection system goes off when my chihuahua dogs come in to view. Both things need adjusted but I don’t know who to call!!

Reply from Vivint

Hi Jim, thank you for the feedback! This is definitely a unique situation that we'd love to look into. Please contact us by calling 1-800-216-5232.

Sep. 21st, 2021

Charles Matthews Sacramento, CA

While playing with my phone I accidentally pushed a button that sounded my alarm. The great thing is that the monitoring person responded in less then 5 seconds.

Reply from Vivint

Hi Charles, we are glad to hear it was a false alarm! Thanks for sharing your positive experience with the response time. We are happy to protect your home and family!

Sep. 21st, 2021

Laura Lake View, SC

I’ve had them for eighteen years and I really appreciate that is simple to work and it is up to date. The camera is great. They are great at getting information to me.

Reply from Vivint

Thanks for sharing your experience and for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Jeffrey Virginia Beach, VA

I had some issues dealing with an issue recently that took several technicians to resolve the problem over the phone. Vivint brings me peace of mind.

Reply from Vivint

That's what we like to hear, Jeffery! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Sep. 23rd, 2021

Stephen Des Moines, IA

It was good but it was not perfect. The best thing was the doorbell camera until it's almost set my house on fire. I've been trying to get a hold of somebody to come out and remove the system, but can't seem to get anybody to do that.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with Vivint Smart Home and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232.

Sep. 16th, 2021

Ron Rio Rancho, NM

I really enjoy the ease of mobile application. I have tons of problems with it. They expect a homeowner business owner to troubleshoot and do the repairs on their security systems that they sell to us instead of getting the techs more involved.

Reply from Vivint

That's what we like to hear, Ron! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Sep. 23rd, 2021

Michelle Charlotte, NC

A lot of times I need to call them out here because my security system goes off in the back. Customer service alerts me right away when I get an alarm to go off. I like that usually I can see what's going on in my house when I'm not there.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback. Are you still experiencing issues? We appreciate your honesty about your experience with Vivint Smart Home and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

Pascual Brownsville, TX

Haven't any issues with Vivint. They have a quick response time. I'm not sure if it's because they're spread out much, but took a while to get everything set up in my home.

Pat Lakeland, FL

Everything works and I have not had to have anything replaced or have any problems with anything. Knowing that nobody's going to get into my house without my knowing it there is the best thing.

Reply from Vivint

That's what we like to hear! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Corrine Bismarck, ND

They've contacted me wondering when things have been going off and when I have contacted them they resolve any issues right away. I just wish the video cameras for the door bell were a little bit better.

Reply from Vivint

Hi Corrine, we appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Anonymous Anaheim, CA

It's all in one and we feel safe. The cameras works really well and it's user friendly. Vivint is very professional, very customer oriented, and they did resolve my issue when I called them.

Reply from Vivint

We are glad to hear we were able to take care of any issues you experienced. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Sep. 16th, 2021

Leticia Alice, TX

The alerts are on time and consistent with what happens outdoors. We can most of the time can contact with someone rapidly. The best thing is the reliability

Reply from Vivint

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing, Leticia. We are so happy that you had a great experience and look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks for being a part of the Vivint Family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Jacqueline Country Club Hills, IL

I like that when I call there's a person who answers. They are timely and accurate. It does pick up activity around the home for the alerts that you set.

Reply from Vivint

That's what we like to hear, Jacqueline! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Don Christiana, TN

Easy, reliable. Customer service has immediate response and follows through. Vivint seems to use more high tech, they're more reliable and just well placed in the home.

Reply from Vivint

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing, Don. We are so happy that you had a great experience and look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks for being a part of the Vivint Family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Shaynia Mechanicsburg, PA

The products themselves are very useful and help with the security and safety of my home. I have a camera that doesn't work anymore and they won't come fix it. So now I have a useless cameras and I'm still paying for. It would be good to have a list of all of the products and their pricing because I definitely would have gotten more. It would also be good to offer better customer support when I'm with a lifetime warranty.

Reply from Vivint

Shaynia, thank you for bringing this to our attention! Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Sep. 10th, 2021