SimpliSafe Logo

SimpliSafe

5.1

Lawrence Tognetti Menlo Park, CA

I have not ever received the alarm yet and it has been a terrible experience. I have called customer service 4 times to find out where my alarm is and I have gotten 3 different stories of where it may be and one answer after being on hold while trying to find it that they have to call me back. Needless to say, it been two days and no callback and still no evidence that the item has been shipped, but they have my money. My suggestion find a different company this on is not ready the customer service is the worst I have ever experienced

gary Deltona, FL

Bought their special around Christmas. They kept selling, but they quit supporting for a little too long. No answer to voice mails, no answer to email. A TOTAL breakdown and, from a security company TOTALLY unacceptable. I wonder how many new customers were left TOTALLY unprotected while they were down. I thought this was a good company. That changed very quickly.

Randy Middleton, WI

Bad experience, as the system was constantly giving us errors even though we set everything up properly. Would work fine for a few days, and then a random error would pop up with one of the sensors even though we didn't do anything to trigger it, move any sensor, or prompt the error. Spent waaaaaay too much time on the phone with them with super long hold times (20-30 mins). A new version of system came out right after we bought ours unfortunately for us.

Ronnie Brannon Tomball, TX

I purchased this system because of the great reviews. I had some problems with installing the equipment and attempted to contact customer service for help. What a disappointment that was. I would wait on the phone around 30 to 40 minutes to no avail. They gave an option to enter "5" for a call back. They NEVER call back. After going through this routine around four times on different days I gave up and sent the equipment back for a refund. I feel like this would have been a good system but let the buyer beware of getting help when having problems.

Claudia Ionescu

Bought the equipment a few months ago At the beginning customer service was easy to reach Had some issues with the system in the last couple of weeks and reachung their customer service is a nightmare Called yesterday around 2 pm .after waiting for 1/2 hr I left a voice mail.They called back today at 11 am while I was at work I was assured the system was ok however when I got home that was not the case Just called them and left another voice mail I want to terminate the service

Jimbo Chesapeake, VA

I purchased the top system—700+ dollars. I had a few concerns and ATTEMPTED to contact CUSTOMER NO SERVICE. So disappointed. Called twice and left my number. SimpliSafe NEVER CALLED BACK. Then I tried again and was on hold for 23 minutes THEN WAS DISCONNECTED. When I called in to cancel my service and return my equipment, I was told by the gentleman that spoke to me that this is the problem with SimpliSafe, they don’t have enough people to take care of customer service and so many people are getting frustrated. ME TOO!!!

Bill Phoenix, AZ

As a retired police officer, I have encountered many alarm systems. Simplisafe is tje easiest to work with, & the best service & price.

Sean Kelly Orlando, FL

Good experience with customer service, the product is reliable and easy to install. Passed every intrusion test I could throw at it.

Michael Gorski Indianola, IA

I've had SimpliSafe for about one year now. Outstanding equipment and support. They don't rob you with overpriced equipment or monitoring fees.

Alexander Krupetsky Bryn Mawr, PA

Had the worst experience while activating. I have had alarm systems on numerous properties over the years but this call to SimpliSafe really got my blood boiling. I was told that I have to go to a higher cost plan so SimplySafe can tell me what sensor location triggered the alarm. What nonsense? ADT would always tell me what triggered the alarm. I bought two systems over the holidays to protect the two homes I own. The monitoring price was attractive but this episode really turned me off. Will not activate and will look for another monitoring service. STAY AWAY FROM SIMPLISAFE!!!

Don Orlando, FL

We learned ONLY through trial and error that the camera does NOT work with 5G network. Had to return camera. Other than that it satisfies our needs.

Ken Roberts Rock Hill, SC

Simple install for someone who is not IT type. Quick response to alarms and no hassle replacing bad parts. System tell you if you have a bad sensor when trying to set alarm.

Douglas Long Naugatuck, CT

Wonderful product, works as advertised. I have had this system in service for almost 1 year with absolutely no problems.

Tom Hobbs Denver, CO

Customer service is abysmal. Emails and phone calls are not returned. Refunds take forever to obtain. This is not a responsive company. I did not feel valued as a customer.

Arthur Michelson San Jose, CA

Got their system and installed it. First test failed. Returned the system weeks ago - still no refund. Called several times - very long holds and when finally connected, got disconnected. HORRIBLE customer service. Customer service? - not sure that’s in their lexicon.

Frank B Laurelton, NJ

The cameras and the video door bell do not link up well with WiFi. The wait times for customer service is very long. Dogs under 50 lbs. set off the motion detectors despite the claims to the opposite. When you do get customer service they do try to help but the equipment is junk.

Travis Woll San Antonio, TX

System is user friendly but if anything goes wrong forget about customer service. I’ve been on the phone now for 1 hour and 45 min. I’ve spoke to someone for 5 min who put me on a “brief hold”.

Kathy Millbrook, AL

I have had a basic system for over 1 year. The system functions great most of the time! But, beware if your system malfunctions after 12:00am (eastern)- actually Customer Service will not answer after about 11:45pm. You are unprotected, and have no recourse until Customer Service reopens in the morning. This is not 24/7 protection.

Gary Clack Port Bolivar, TX

The system was easy to set up but never functioned as advertised. They claimed to have cellular coverage in my area and obviously did not. Turnaround for contacting support measures in days not hours. I was never able to get support when I was working on the system at our beach home. I am returning the system to get a refund.

Brenda Wilson Statham, GA

Had the system 4 months very pleased with it. Customer service is great. Would recommend Simplisafe to anyone.

charlie PA

Though I was saving with DIY and I am a master DIY guy. False fire alarms led to billing by fire department, which cost more then the system. Had to disconnect. Our old system shorted out after a electrical storm surge. The whole idea was to have fire/smoke protection.

Mary Ellen Fox

I have had Simplisafe for 2 years. It was very easy to install and has worked well. If there was a problem it was handled quickly.

Felix Kissimmee, FL

Excellent. Customer service is excellent. Easy to setup. Quick responses. Monitoring is not expensive. No contract.

Steve Barlow

Best system I have ever had. Easy instructions easy install easy testing works great now. No worries

David T Draper, UT

I paid for simplisafe for my mom to protect her and allow her to feel more safe in her home and connected. It has been great for her as she ages. I would recommend.

Edward S Collins Seneca, SC

Simply SUCKS! Avoid this service NO, MATTER, WHAT! Absurd wait times for customer service. Took weeks to even get the alarm system delivered. Absolutely terrible! I would offer NO stars for this company!

Jorge larios Castro Valley, CA

Don't waste your money on this product My alarm when off no body send the police waste your money on this product Monitoring not working they told me they don't do the monitoring other companies are in charge

Ken Harrison Mount Pleasant, TX

I would never refer anyone to this company. I have had their alarm system for 9 months and I hate it and the service. I called them today at 10AM and now 5PM no return call yet. Please don’t buy this product. KH

Marshall A Boucher Dover, FL

excellent overall. I recommend. Motion sensors required contact cement to properly adhere to walls.

Alexander Beal Maineville, OH

Useless if you lose power even for a second. Phone app give false confirmation of alarm status. Demands you manually check the system weekly to see if it is still working. Really just the perception of security.

Jeannette Winston-Salem, NC

Really rude and inept customer service. This I say after a number of experiences. Today my alarm went off and they did not pick it up.

Allen Z Norman, OK

Received a defective entry sensor. Can't get anyone at SimpliSafe customer support to exchange it. I fell for all the good reviews and I regret buying this product.

Sharon Moreno Valley, CA

Horrible customer service! Equipment only held up a year, constant errors and hours of haggling to replace under warranty. They are definitely on their way out!

Warren Hall New Hartford, NY

Top notch. Great equipment. Superb monitoring. Low prices. And NO contract.

Sheldon Michel Boynton Beach, FL

Wish the keypad was lit.Hard to read in a medium lit room. Otherwise fantastic system.

William L Scott Chatsworth, GA

Had the system only a short time but well-designed and very easy to install. I recommend it.

Thomas White

SimpliSafe is a great system. no contract low cost no hassle

Joseph Zavalia Rockland, MA

Extremely easy to install, .easy to use The sensors allow small pets to roam freely without setting the alarm off. Customer service is top notch.

mait stewart

love it....no frills but very easy to use. does what i expected...can't beat $14.99/month!

JOE Pueblo, CO

SIMPLY GREAT . SO EASY TO INSTALL HAS CAMERAS. LOVE IT

Faye Curren

System arrived on time and was very easy to set up.

Tom New Haven, CT

Easy to install. Everything worked right out of the box.

Gaston nichols Birmingham, AL

Almost impossible to talk to anyone there, when you do, they don’t follow up on their promises.

DD

A new model came out not too long after I bought mine. They refused to upgrade me.

M West Babylon, NY

They DO NOT answer the phone when you need customer support.

Tom Buffalo, NY

Pathetic customer service. Don't waste your money