SimpliSafe Logo

SimpliSafe

5.1

dotcat007 Prescott, AZ

Got this system so my 90-year-old mother would feel safer when I was not around. Do not understand all the negatives about customer service as our experience has been EXCELLENT. They are very responsive, quick and always available if I have any questions. No problems at all with the equipment either. Highly recommend.

Darryl Hickman Akron, OH

Comparing apples to apples, I had ADT and now Simplisafe, for the money you get the same if not slightly better system with Simplisafe. Not bashing ADT, but for the money, why pay $20 for a gallon of milk if you can get that same gallon for $2.

Jeff San Jose, CA

I've been a customer for almost 10 years. They have their issues but all and all have been pretty good. If you've seen my other reviews I am a stickler for good support. They don't have that. I also have had issues with their previous system, errors going dead but since upgrading to the new system I've not had as many. For the price and flexibility a great buy.

CLK RD New Castle, VA

I'm totally satisfied with my SimpliSafe system. It was so easy to install. Customer service is super friendly and quite helpful. They call very fast when an alarm trips. So far just it's just been me setting it off by accident. Totally recommend this system. It is priced reasonably and the monitoring is quite affordable.

Bo Q Orangeburg, NY

I compared a few companies and decided to go with Simplisafe. Nothing but great things to say about them. Set up was a breeze, Alarm works as expected, Customer service gets 5 stars from me, Phone app is amazing. If you are looking for a security system, this is it.

Hajismoker Toledo, OH

Easy installation, friendly customer service. One of my cameras had an issue with the shutter. I called and it was replaced quickly. Plus no contract cancel anytime and start back up. I recommend simplisafe if you want an easy install and coverage.

Carl WALKER Universal City, TX

Have had SS for over 2 years and l can't say enough for them. Installation was a snap, they would even talk you thru it. Responce time is outstanding, and very patient about false alarms. You can't beat the $14.99 a month. System works great, and you can't ask for better support service. Thx SS.

Tom Myrtle Beach, SC

Got the basic system a few weeks ago and am very pleased. Ordered sensors for the windows and they shipped the wrong ones. Called support and in less then 10 minutes they had the correct sensors being shipped and e-mailed me a shipping label to send the wrong ones back. Very pleased with them.

Michael Wolfe Birdsboro, PA

Very easy to install and get working, it took me a half hour. Video Doorbell and indoor cameras work very well and indoor camera doubles as motion sensor. No outdoor camera available and app is basic. Got 5 motion sensors, two water, camera and doorbell for less than $500. Simple solution for dogs and cats with motion sensors. Good customer service. Good value for the money.

Chris Kruk Granger, IN

This system is the best handsfree gadget I have in my house. Only minor maintenance needed (change keyboard/ siren) batteries once a year and good to go. Set it, forget it.....no bs, no problems, does the job and monitoring is inexpensive. An area that everyone else screws you. Owned and operated at my house going on 6 years. 9.5!!!!!

Lee Davis Oceanside, CA

From day one after following their easy installation instructions we have had excellent service. Any issues we're addressed by Simplisafe quickly. The best part is being able to check the status of my alarm on my smart phone. Now we're are looking into a new Simplisafe system for our store, too.

Paul J Stefano Lutherville, MD

Had to address some recent comments. Just bought my system last week. I called Customer service at 7 PM Eastern to turn off the "practice mode" and they answered right away...no hold time. Then I used the test mode and the monitoring center called within about 30 seconds! System was affordable and seems to work as expected

vern chapman Terre Haute, IN

took me 1 hour to read manual and install the entire kit. they offer a 3 day 'give it a try' period and we tried it all. works great with our dogs and easily works in our detatched garage also. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

John Gray, GA

Easy to install, instructions are lacking some key information though. Didn't explain that I would continue to get sensor failure notifications until I activated all sensors. Had left a couple door sensors in the box to install later and they kept giving me error messages. Took two calls to support to find that out. If it wasn't for that and the long waits for support (20-30 minutes), I'd give 5 stars. Super easy to set up and responds well so far. I didn't expect top of the line technology so not disappointed with what I have.

Paul Pongrace Allison Park, PA

Have been satisfied for a year now, no issues. Monitor of system excellent, customer service very knowledgeable.This company is equal or superior of others of which I have experience over many years. Monitoring costs are fair, as other security providers over charge for the same service.

Christopher Cary, NC

After receiving my alarm system and setting it up, which was easy the test continued to fail to send. I moved the base toward my window per the suggestions. After calling your customer service, I was informed that the T-Mobile based stations were a general issue with connecting and could take hours. So five hours later and 3 retests, the system is still not working correctly. I am now the proud owner of a security system that offers no security. I have read that the T-Mobile stations were commonly producing the connection problem. Without the base station connecting I am unable to have monitoring and just get a loud noise if something were to happen. This will make me feel so much better to hear the beeping sounds as I am being robbed. I am sure the sounds will be calming especially since no one will be notifying the police since your inferior T-Mobile base stations do not work correctly. This will also be great for a legal fight since a company representative acknowledged there was a problem.

Richard Germantown, TN

Purchased in 2015, then in Novembeer 2017,the system failed. Had even purchased new batteries from Simple Safe that month. Checked batteries...all ok. Key pad would not function correctly, then would not recognize the motion sensors (4). Took forever to get through to tech advisor. She did entry of all units on my account and system came up again...for two days and then crashed. Have been using E mail trying to get a technician to call me...suggested specific time and date so I would not miss any call. Been on telephone for over an hour trying to get someone. Nothing. No reply to my e mail. Over 30 days and counting asking for help and no response. Did get my monitoring bill this month. Sorry I got involved. with this system. UPDATE: I have cancelled Simple Safe. Had to go through the alarm monitoring service to reach them to cancel.

Joseph Johnson La Quinta, CA

You can call them and order exactly the equipment you want. They will bundle it, discount it, and throw in a month monitoring to try it out. I also have Ring around my home and between the two I have great security at a low price and no contract.

George Long Grants Pass, OR

I installed this system in my new house. It looked like a well thought out idea. My background as a LEO exposed me to many alarm systems. This is an excellent system for the cost. Even knowing how I installed it I could not defeat it.

Bob Archuleta Colorado Springs, CO

I had ADT for many years and due to cost dropped it. I now have simplisafe in my new home and they are more responsive then ADT was when we have accidental alarm set offs. It is lower cost with better response. Cannot ask for anything better.

Ken Tucson, AZ

Positives first: easy to install, customize. The system is relatively inexpensive and affordable compared to other systems. Negatives: Batteries for the key pad are very expensive when they wear out and have to be replaced. Quality of key chain clickers is very poor. The end caps fall off, so I've had to scotch tape them on. Have had to replace two when the device inside the clicker that holds the little silver battery in place fails, and no contact is made/clicker inop. I can't understand why S.S. can't make a durable clicker. Contrast that with the clicker for my 15 year old Dodge Durango which still works and has survived multiple years on a keychain. Twice I've gotten a "no connection to dispatch" error message which means the connection with their cell phone company they contract with for the base unit is having a problem. I was anxiously awaiting the release of their camera to add to the system, but when it came out I learned it can't be used outside. I've had a thief steal items out of my carport, including bolt-cutting padlocks, even with my S.S. signs up. (The house itself hasn't been broken into.) The point is I was hoping to add a system compatible camera to the outside of the house and was disappointed when the long-awaited release of S.S.'s new camera would not do the job.

James Stone

Service is excellent. Extremely easy to set up. Very easy and convenient to operate. Numerous packages, add ons, and two types monitoring fees which make it extremely affordable. Best move we made. They are also tied into local rules for registering home alarm systems if applicable. Smooth process start to finish.

Ronald Hardgrave Boise, ID

We completely disagree with the low score from "Best Company." We highly recommend SimpliSafe . Easy to install, low monthly monitoring rates and quick response. Customer service is top notch! When we moved to a new larger home, getting more sensors mailed to us was a snap!!

Nats fan!

Outstanding equipment, very professional customer service, and installation was a snap. Simple and easy to do. Price was reasonable, considering I own the equipment, and monitoring is the least expensive around with no contract. Should be rated one of the highest and most efficient systems around.

Steve Fox Vale, NC

Very quick to help change a faulty motion sensor for free over a year later and also found a closer cell tower to my location and sent a free exchange cell card for my base station for better connection. I have had other systems and will always use Simplisafe from now on.

RICK Fort Worth, TX

SIMPLI SAFE IS THE WAY TO GO FOR AN EFFECTIVE AND INEXPENSIVE WAY TO GUARD YOUR HOUSE. WHETHER YOU USE THE COMPLETE SET UP OF USE SOME ON THE ENTRY AND EXIT DOORS WITH A FEW MOTION DETECTORS YOU CAN HAVE COMPLETE ASSURANCE THAT SOME ATTENTION WILL BE DRAWN TO THE ALARM. I GET A SENSE OF RELIEF WHEN I OPEN THE DOOR AND THE FAMILIAR "COUNTDOWN" TO THE ALARM BEGINS, READY FOR YOU TO USE YOUR CODE TO SHUT IT OF BEFORE IT TOTALLY ACTIVATES THE SIREN.

Sharon Fulmer Port Angeles, WA

I've had this service for 6 months and I LOVE it! I tell all our Family and Friends. I pay $ 24.95 per mo. but, I have Cameras and I can go on my phone and look inside my house at anytime. I can also turn my alarm off and on from my phone which is a great feature if you forget to set your alarm.

Richard Prairieville, LA

Simple and easy to install. I had the system for over a year and recently added a water sensor to my A/C pan and added two of the HD cameras. Very high quality video, but they don't sell an outside camera yet. I added a Ring floodlight cam and now I'm a happy camper. No false alarms to date . Very satisfied with my system.

Allen Huntsville, AL

We have been very happy with the system. It was easy to install and works great. The only reason that I gave a 9 instead of a 10 is that I wish the camera had a battery option (but I suspect battery life would be an issue). There are some additional perks with the more expensive (but still cheaper than ADT) monitoring option, but the basic $14.95 works great for us.

Morris Hanley Colorado Springs, CO

Had ADT for five years was the worst thing I ever did went to these guys and it is like night and day they are spot on, good equipment and great monitoring, every time I test my equipment I get a call in less than 30 seconds it took ADT three minutes one time to call. Best thing I ever did getting rid of ADT and going with these guys.

Howard Summerford

System in use for almost 4 years. Easy to install, reasonable equipment cost, high quality components, everything works as advertised, batteries (except for key pad) last more than 3.5 years. Great customer service. No false alarms. Full monitoring and control from your smart phone option only $25 per month (basic $15).

Daniel Ward

Installation is a breeze, all sensors and items for security are preprogramaned for use upon arrival. 3 day practice, then alarmed for use. C.O.P.S. is rated as 1 of the best if not the best monitoring companies that is used by numerous companies.

Craig Dyer Zephyrhills, FL

I have had the simply safe system for 2 years now. It was easy to install and setup. It has worked without any problems. I have left home for up to 2 weeks at a time and the system has kept my home safe. I highly recommend. (My friend has ADT and had to sign a 3 year contract and pays $49.95 per month. I pay $14.99 per month.

Mark Tomlinson Kensett, IA

I use this product for my home and home based business. The cameras that you can now add are super. I like that it is wireless and uses cell service to contact the monitoring service. It is very modular and can be customized to your needs.

j. brandt

When I had a problem with the master station Simplisafe replaced it without an hassle. I set the alarm off at 3am after driving 1000 miles and they called my cell within 30 seconds to tell me I had a alarm. Great service. I will be installing a second system in my second home soon. Jb

James Graczykk NY

I've had this service for 2 years now and it's the best security system I've ever owned. (had adt and power trust previously) Accurate, no false reads and lightning quick response when triggered. (Burglary, fire and carbon monoxide) My only problem would be with their customer service response time, hence, the 9* rating. Other than that, absolutely fantastic!

Bellamii Lakeland, FL

The SimpliSafe system is a fraud the reason for that is because agents and TL will stay one thing and then when customers call in and speak with a different agent they are told information that is not correct or calls will hang up . Not all the agents are bad but they do not do there job right at all . I had spoken to an agent that no longer works there due to her call avoiding and i think all the agents there call avoid not to work

Jeffrey Froug Vancouver, WA

I just returned my SimpliSafe system for a full refund. One of the most frustrating experiences of my life. I was so excited to install and use it but their technology is rife with problems, errors, and frequent calls to tech support. I gave up after a month. Here’s what happened: I bought one of the basic turnkey system which includes 3 door sensors, motion sensor, base unit with keypad, doorbell cam and one additional indoor cam to monitor my dogs when I’m not home. Installation of the sensors, the base unit and keypad was simple but I couldn’t get the system to activate and had to call tech support. The support guy told me the problem was that their software didn’t work well on an iPhone and that I could fix the problem by “Taking a sledgehammer to my iPhone”. After spending two hours on the phone with him and having me do the activation from my PC rather than my iPhone, the system still wouldn’t activate. He told me to keep trying and call them back in 24 hours if It still didn’t work. It didn’t so I called back the next day and spoke to a woman this time who managed to fix the problem in about 30 seconds. Then I tried to install the doorbell cam. After a few tries I got it to work and was able to monitor the front door. But when I tried using voice to communicate with visitors that didn’t work at all. I then called tech support who told me that this was a known problem and a software update coming up in two weeks would fix that problem. Then a few days later the camera stopped working properly and I once again called tech support who tried trouble shooting the problem before determining it was a bad WiFi adapter in the unit and had to be replaced. I got a replacement in 3 days and installed the new one that worked for about a week before it began to also experience the same problem as the first one. Meantime the indoor cam wouldn’t install. There was a steady yellow light which shows an error and the unit would not install period. I called tech support again and they told me that this was also a known problem and they would send me out a replacement cam which they did 3 days later. Once again I tried to install, got the same yellow error light and discovered they sent me yet another bad camera. This was on the same day the second doorbell cam failed. At that point in total frustration I sent back the entire thing and am waiting on getting my money back. On the plus side, the sensors and the basic alarm seemed to work fine. Their cams are a disaster. Their tech support is mostly good - B+ although I did have to wait about 15-20 minutes during some times of the day. My sense is their technology is just too buggy especially their cameras.

Kathy Iskander Cape Coral, FL

We’ve had our system for 1 year. We’re on our 3rd base station (bs) and the 2nd SIM card for the 3rd one. The 1st bs had a T Mobile SIM card and never had a good signal, then it just stopped working. We were sent a replacement bs (refurbished I later found out). It stopped working on the 2nd day. They sent a new bs and after two calls to tech support they figured out the SIM card (now Verizon) wasn’t working. This means no communication remotely and can’t add PIN codes. We’re waiting for a new SIM card which they said we’ll receive in 2-4 days. They offered 1 month of service for our trouble. Maybe SimpliSafe should have their equipment made in the great USA instead of China! A fence and a couple of German Shepherds would be better!

Ayesha Herndon, VA

I installed the system easily. I ran the test and it's working great. My condo is 1500 sq. ft. I just got the entry sensors and they all talk to the main system seamlessly. Thankfully no issues so far.

Shabs Hyattsville, MD

I have been a customer for two months now and while the product itself has been working ok their customer service is horrible. I have been hung up on at least three times each time I have called and every time I have called including the times I have been hung up on the average wait time to speak to a representative is at least 20 minutes no matter the time or day I have called. If this persists I may have to switch back to Frontpoint or look at another option

Don Poughkeepsie, NY

Quality appears good however Simplisafe runs very close to the "Bait and Switch" line. One good example is you need to pay around $300 to "simpli" use the Alexa skill to arm the system among others. Also - compared to Ring the monitoring plans are also notably more expensive for simplisafe who touts lower cost solutions. I received simplisafe as a gift and may return it for Ring or other product.

Owen Williams Lynnwood, WA

We have owned our SimpliSafe system for two years. Setup was easy using the guide, however, I have experience with commercial alarm systems so might have been a little easier for me. We have had an issue with the free camera losing its settings and going off line randomly. I guess the camera was worth the price. The most annoying problem, and one that SimpliSafe has still been unable to fix, is a message that says: "Warning, wireless interference detected!" We get this every time we arm and disarm the system. Sometimes it repeats itself twice. I have turned off every wireless device in the house and we still get the message. After numerous calls and hours on the phone with SimpliSafe's tech support, they finally gave up and sent us a new memory module. This was after talking to several different tech support people and having to tell them the same story and going through the same procedures the previous techs had made us go through. Apparently they don't believe you that you've already done the procedure...three times before. Like I said...hours on the phone. This all started right after one of their software upgrades. I couldn't seem to get them to believe me, but once you have the upgrade, you can't uninstall it. We also had one of the wireless key fobs (the type with the five year non-replaceable batteries) go dead on us after a year and a half. They did send me a free replacement key fob but I had to mail the dead one back to SimpliSafe, I guess as proof that I wasn't trying to scam them out of a free key fob. Overall, aside from the glitches, I think the SimpliSafe system is pretty solid. It would be great if they could work the bugs out. The system is easy to setup and easy to control. I think it's worth the money. I can only compare it to my old Visonic system that I loved, but died of old age. Like anything else...Caveat Emptor.

Steve Pasadena, CA

Yes, I am saving money every month. NO, I would never buy from Simplisafe again. Yes, it is easy to install, but NO, it is not reliable. Be warned, if your house is over 1500 sq feet, you are going to have a nightmare trying to get these wireless devices to talk to each other consistantly. You will have to move the keypad from one wall to another, one room to another, still you get OUT OF RANGE errors randomly. And, the monitoring people have trouble following the instructions you give them. THEY RUINED MY THANKSGIVING VACATION BY DISPATCHING THE POLICE TO MY HOUSE TWICE IN 2 DAYS EVEN THOUGH THE INSTRUCTIONS WRITTEN IN MY ACCOUNT GIVE SPECIFIC ORDERS FOR WHEN TO DISPATCH AND WHEN NOT TO DISPATCH.

Bruce Alexandria, MN

I have had the system for 4 years. I installed it myself in less than 2 hours. It suits my needs well. I've had some issues because I spend 4 1/2 months away from home each winter and that's when problems seem to occur. The system sensors are all battery powered and batteries get old...problem is that you don't know when. I've had some inconsistent issues with my base station and connection to their dispatch. It has to do with whether you have access to VERIZON or T-MOBILE in your area. If there is an alarm event, the base station triggers a call to one of these cell providers (depending on the cell module in your base station). Sometimes there is no connection to the cell provider...and no one seems to know why. Initially, service was very good and I was really happy with the system. Now, their customer service is ATROCIOUS. Wait time on the phone is 45" with BAD music and time updates that never seem to update (like you're always last in line on the phone). I set up a scheduled time for the next morning with a "rookie" customer service rep for 9:00 a.m. the next morning...they never called. I knew she was a rookie when she had me dismantling the base station while I was on the phone. They hadn't updated their records from 2 years ago when I had base station problems. The "rookie" was flat out guessing on what to try next. I was just about ready to scream, so asked for the next day appointment. Since they never called, I have been trying to use their "contact us" (and we'll get back to you......yeah, right). ….to no avail. I kept trying to reset my "blue light" and "red light" base station conditions using their instructions (I received them during problems in the past....when they did have customer service). I tried over and over and finally it worked and the system is functioning again, but I don't know for how long. It is now time to head south for the winter....I'm not feeling confident about this system, especially this year. It's too bad that these people have run this company into the ground (judging by the reviews there's a lot of really unhappy folks). I picture the owners living comfortably in Jamaica without a care in the world.

Bass4worship Sebring, FL

I been using Simplisafe over 5 years now. Never had a problem. I'm still using the very first system they started with. I was going to upgrade but I see most having some problems with with the newer system so I'm staying with my older model for now. The only thing I would like to change is the keypad.

Bill D. Frankenmuth, MI

Customer service is terrible, expect long wait times on the phone to talk to a customer service rep. Motion detectors fail after 3-4 years- false alarms. We've had to replace 2 so far (covered under warranty) but had to argue with customer service to get replacements. Last night I waited over 30 minutes on hold and never talked to a person. I gave up and called today, took 15 minutes to get a person. The customer service rep was polite and apologetic once I did get to discuss the problem.

Eric Slater Omaha, NE

The system works fine but do not make any mistakes during the install or you will end up with dozens of false device entries on your account page with no way of deleting them. We bought this system for our home two years ago and have been trying to contact Support ever since, not once have they responded. You spend an average of 45 minutes waiting on hold just to be hung up on or told they can't do anything about the extra devices. We have sent emails every couple months or so to try and work through the issue that way as well, they don't even bother to respond. So the two stars are for the cost and ease of installation but their customer service is among the worst we have ever dealt with in any category. I do NOT recommend anyone purchase this system simply because they will never respond to any issue you ever have.

Charles Meves New Holstein, WI

The price is reasonable and it's easy to install. I purchased Simplisafe and am totally satisfied. A great product and easy for anyone to use. I recommend the product for anyone who wants a simple, secure system.

Leigh Karchner New Port Richey, FL

We've had our system for just under 3 weeks and since then, this company announced it was distancing itself from the NRA and would be discontinuing all discounts to NRA supporters. That in itself is discrimination but not they are not answering questions or concerns we have about this system or their unfair business practices. I've sent several emails and posted to their Facebook page without response. Here is the latest: "Your lack of response to customer's questions about distancing yourself from the NRA and discontinuing the discounts is certainly discrimination against NRA supporters. It's disgusting. Guns don't kill people........... people kill people and you are penalizing and punishing a huge sector of your clientele (and future clientele) that hasn't done anything wrong. Do you think these crazies that committed these horrible acts are NRA supporters? I very seriously doubt it. If that's the case then all the murders committed on a daily basis in Chicago, Baltimore, L.A., and other crime-laden cities run by liberals is also the NRA's fault? Perhaps THAT is blamed on NRA supporters too? That's insanity. Criminals don't support gun laws, don't buy guns legally, and could give two hoots about any of us that support the 2nd Amendment or the NRA. SimpliSafe should be working with the NRA to help protect Americans from crime rather than against it. As usual with liberals, your logic is twisted and totally anti-American." Businesses like this one should never put themselves into the middle of a political issue and/or public debate, particularly if they are unwilling or unable to justify their actions. In this case, I no longer feel I can trust the safety and security of my home and family to a company that does not back my Constitutional rights under the 2nd Amendment. I have requested an RMA and prepaid shipping label to return our system under their 60 day returns policy and all I receive from them are canned email responses that do not answer or address my questions or concerns. I cannot in good conscience recommend this company for that reason alone, politics aside.