SimpliSafe is a do-it-yourself security provider that offers basic security features, including burglary alarms, fire detectors, carbon monoxide sensors, freeze sensors, and flood sensors. SimpliSafe equipment can be ordered online and is customer-owned after purchase, with packages ranging from $229 to $489. SimpliSafe offers one of the lowest monthly monitoring fees in the industry, with monthly fees starting at $14.99 per month. The company uses cellular signal monitoring through COPS Monitoring Service, a CSAA-certified central monitoring station. SimpliSafe is one of the only home security providers that does not attach a contract to any of its equipment.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Low Monthly Fees
  • Industry Innovations
  • No Contract or Moving Fees
  • 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • "Brain" and Keypad are Separate Devices
  • 100% Wireless Equipment
  • Free and Easy Installation Process
  • Purchase Online

Low Monthly Fees

SimpliSafe's low monthly fees and absence of a contract are clear standouts in the security industry. The company's highest monitoring package ("Interactive") only comes in at $24.99, far below most professional security providers' most affordable option. The most typical monitoring package is priced at $14.99 per month.

Industry Innovations

Recently, more home security companies are hopping on the wagon of do-it-yourself systems, but SimpliSafe has been doing it for years. Recently, SimpliSafe has also redesigned its system to look more sleek and attractive. Sensors including motion detectors, window sensors, door sensors, security cameras, and even the wireless keypad control panel have gotten a makeover. You can also arm and disarm your alarm system through the SimpliSafe app on your mobile phone, along with view Simplisafe camera footage.

No Contract or Moving Fees

Something truly remarkable about SimpliSafe's price structure is that it does not attach contracts to its equipment; all customers pay on a month-to-month basis and can cancel at any time without penalty. Basically, no long-term contracts, unlike most home security companies. Moving your alarm system is simple and easy.

60-Day Money-Back Guarantee

In addition, SimpliSafe customers have 60 days to try out equipment and if unsatisfied, can return it to SimpliSafe for a full refund plus return shipping costs. As 30 days is considered a great guarantee in this industry, a 60-day guarantee truly stands out.

"Brain" and Keypad are Separate Devices

For an added layer of safety, the "brain" of SimpliSafe's system is located in a device separate from the keypad. If burglars destroy the beeping keypad, the brain will quietly alert the monitoring center.

100% Wireless Equipment

Because the SimpliSafe system is 100 percent wireless, no hard wiring or drilling is required. This is an appealing feature for renters and apartment owners, and also contributes to the aforementioned lack of moving fees. Equipment is as follows:

• Wireless keypad
  • Window sensors
  • Panic button
  • Freeze sensors

Free and Easy Installation Process

The free and easy installation process can also be completed without assistance and, in most cases, takes less than 15 minutes. Once the system and sensors are in a place, an alarm will sound whenever the control panel is armed and sensors detect burglars breaking in.

Purchase Online

SimpliSafe's equipment and monitoring services can be purchased on its website, eliminating the need to interact with often-pushy security salesmen.

The Bad

• Upfront Equipment Costs
  • Basic Security Equipment
  • Three-Year Warranty

Upfront Equipment Costs

As with most do-it-yourself solutions, SimpliSafe requires consumers to buy equipment upfront. This can cost anywhere from $229 to $489. Fortunately, SimpliSafe offers five package options to fit a variety of budgets and needs. Also important to note: you own this equipment forever after purchasing. Regardless, this price amounts to years of monitoring service from other top-rated alarm companies.

Basic Security Equipment

SimpliSafe equipment is extremely basic in both looks and functionality. The company doesn't offer touchscreen equipment or basic home automation services such as remote door locks, smart lighting/appliances, smart temperature control, and so on. However, video surveillance is available but requires a WiFi connection. Despite SimpliSafe's sleek new design and mobile app interface, the company needs to catch up to home automation trends, not just freeze sensors and motion detectors.

Three-Year Warranty

With SimpliSafe, you're getting basic, no-bells-and-whistles security equipment. And it's all covered with a three-year warranty, as opposed to the lifetime warranty many other providers offer. Most security systems from other companies will offer a lifetime warranty, so it's unfortunate to see SimpliSafe limiting their security systems to only three years.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

If you're looking for a basic do-it-yourself security option for a reasonable price, SimpliSafe is a viable option. And if you're a renter who doesn't want to hardwire a security system or pay a fee each time you move, SimpliSafe is a solid solution. But if you're looking for cutting-edge technology and want to turn your house into a "smart home," SimpliSafe is not the answer. There are plenty of other alarm companies who offer those services but expect them with higher prices and strict long-term contracts. Read Simplisafe reviews below before making your final decision.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.7

Leigh Karchner
March 7th, 2018 New Port Richey, FL DETAILS

We've had our system for just under 3 weeks and since then, this company announced it was distancing itself from the NRA and would be discontinuing all discounts to NRA supporters. That in itself is discrimination but not they are not answering questions or concerns we have about this system or their unfair business practices. I've sent several emails and posted to their Facebook page without response. Here is the latest: "Your lack of response to customer's questions about distancing yourself from the NRA and discontinuing the discounts is certainly discrimination against NRA supporters. It's disgusting. Guns don't kill people........... people kill people and you are penalizing and punishing a huge sector of your clientele (and future clientele) that hasn't done anything wrong. Do you think these crazies that committed these horrible acts are NRA supporters? I very seriously doubt it. If that's the case then all the murders committed on a daily basis in Chicago, Baltimore, L.A., and other crime-laden cities run by liberals is also the NRA's fault? Perhaps THAT is blamed on NRA supporters too? That's insanity. Criminals don't support gun laws, don't buy guns legally, and could give two hoots about any of us that support the 2nd Amendment or the NRA. SimpliSafe should be working with the NRA to help protect Americans from crime rather than against it. As usual with liberals, your logic is twisted and totally anti-American." Businesses like this one should never put themselves into the middle of a political issue and/or public debate, particularly if they are unwilling or unable to justify their actions. In this case, I no longer feel I can trust the safety and security of my home and family to a company that does not back my Constitutional rights under the 2nd Amendment. I have requested an RMA and prepaid shipping label to return our system under their 60 day returns policy and all I receive from them are canned email responses that do not answer or address my questions or concerns. I cannot in good conscience recommend this company for that reason alone, politics aside.

dean
March 7th, 2018 New Paris, OH DETAILS

They offer a Verizon card if the T-Mobile one doesn't have a good signal. We have had a system for about three years and are completely satisfied. We have never had a problem that wasn't solved (thus the knowledge of the Verizon card). Have had quick response when needed. What some people need to realize is that customer service representatives aren't always able to stop dealing with other customers to answer their call. Maybe I've had to wait but they have always addressed and fixed every situation we've had. EVERY time we've had an alarm, the alarm center has responded within SECONDS!! To me, THAT is what counts, not how quick customer service is. Would get another system in a heartbeat

Lee Davis
March 6th, 2018 Oceanside, CA DETAILS

From day one after following their easy installation instructions we have had excellent service. Any issues we're addressed by Simplisafe quickly. The best part is being able to check the status of my alarm on my smart phone. Now we're are looking into a new Simplisafe system for our store, too.

gary
March 5th, 2018 Deltona, FL DETAILS

Bought their special around Christmas. They kept selling, but they quit supporting for a little too long. No answer to voice mails, no answer to email. A TOTAL breakdown and, from a security company TOTALLY unacceptable. I wonder how many new customers were left TOTALLY unprotected while they were down. I thought this was a good company. That changed very quickly.

R.
February 28th, 2018 Jamestown, NY DETAILS

I had no problems with the system after they switched out the module in the main station. I quit SimplySafe because of their position regarding the NRA. I don't agree with everything the NRA says, but for Simply Safe to dump them was strictly a political decision because they were afraid they would lose customers....guess what?>. They did....but for the opposite reason! How can a company that's concerned about home security take a position like that? Sorry, but that's my position!

Randy
February 26th, 2018 Middleton, WI DETAILS

Bad experience, as the system was constantly giving us errors even though we set everything up properly. Would work fine for a few days, and then a random error would pop up with one of the sensors even though we didn't do anything to trigger it, move any sensor, or prompt the error. Spent waaaaaay too much time on the phone with them with super long hold times (20-30 mins). A new version of system came out right after we bought ours unfortunately for us.

DD
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

A new model came out not too long after I bought mine. They refused to upgrade me.

Mark
February 9th, 2018 Newport News, VA DETAILS

This system may only have the "basic" security when it come to equipment, but the sensors, keypads, base station, and accessories are robust in build. And the system is very reliable! Not even to mention the customer service and support with a hart of gold! In my opinion, "SimplySafe" is, quite simply, the biggest bang for your buck when it come to affordable, portable home security.

Ronnie Brannon
February 2nd, 2018 Tomball, TX DETAILS

I purchased this system because of the great reviews. I had some problems with installing the equipment and attempted to contact customer service for help. What a disappointment that was. I would wait on the phone around 30 to 40 minutes to no avail. They gave an option to enter "5" for a call back. They NEVER call back. After going through this routine around four times on different days I gave up and sent the equipment back for a refund. I feel like this would have been a good system but let the buyer beware of getting help when having problems.

Claudia Ionescu
January 30th, 2018 DETAILS

Bought the equipment a few months ago At the beginning customer service was easy to reach Had some issues with the system in the last couple of weeks and reachung their customer service is a nightmare Called yesterday around 2 pm .after waiting for 1/2 hr I left a voice mail.They called back today at 11 am while I was at work I was assured the system was ok however when I got home that was not the case Just called them and left another voice mail I want to terminate the service

Paul J Stefano
January 29th, 2018 Lutherville, MD DETAILS

Had to address some recent comments. Just bought my system last week. I called Customer service at 7 PM Eastern to turn off the "practice mode" and they answered right away...no hold time. Then I used the test mode and the monitoring center called within about 30 seconds! System was affordable and seems to work as expected

Red Palmer
January 29th, 2018 Lake Worth, FL DETAILS

I picked up their service a week ago, and they suck! Phone hold times pushing 40 minutes; an ALARM COMPANY that CLOSES THEIR OFFICE AT NIGHT. Sold me an alarm system for about $600, then THE NEXT DAY started advertising brand new, updated equipment (their "holiday sale" was obviously a fire sale to shift their outdated stock onto unsuspecting customers). The base station they sent had a broken cell circuit board, and they MAILED ME A CIRCUIT BOARD TO INSTALL MYSELF. I had to wait 40 minutes on hold to figure out why the new board didn't have a SIM card like the old one did (are paper instructions that expensive?). Oh, and you can't find info on your equipment on their site. Just photos and prices. My 7 POUND CAT set off their "pet friendly" motion sensor, and their advice? "Install it upside down" (another 40 minute told to get that valuable nugget). Pretty sure their glass break detectors are fake, since I can't get one to go off in testing. They ask you to LEAVE A MESSAGE every 45 seconds that you're on hold, and then don't return your calls (for at least five days, so far), or emails. Their customer service reps call the company "SimpleSafe" because they're apparently temps who have no idea what they're doing or who they're working for. They don't even allow customers to post on their Facebook page. ADT was expensive at my old place, but they actually had customer support and working hardware.

Gary Clack
January 29th, 2018 Port Bolivar, TX DETAILS

The system was easy to set up but never functioned as advertised. They claimed to have cellular coverage in my area and obviously did not. Turnaround for contacting support measures in days not hours. I was never able to get support when I was working on the system at our beach home. I am returning the system to get a refund.

Mike Todd
January 22nd, 2018 Princeton, NJ DETAILS

20180121 I’m updating my review. My experience now is significantly better than it was. I reached a supervisor named Kathy. 1- Kath was very responsive, and followed through on her word to connect with me to solve a technical problem I had setting up the camera. She is great. 2- Thanks to Kathy, the cameras are successfully set up and work now. Because I was on the verge of sending the equipment back, Kathy worked with me to give me some more time for the guarantee - as the cameras hadn’t been set-up so during this time period. Additionally, I got a call from a person named Adam and I asked if I could have his info in case I needed it; he followed up with an e-mail with his contact info. That Simplisafe did the above means to me that want to work me, so I take that as a good thing. 20180112 I’ve had them for 6 weeks. Their customer service is awful. Just to be clear, AWFUL. I had no problem with the simple door/window contacts, but the camera (I have two) does not work. I have called customer service. Multiple times. Mostly they are not available. They big time SUCK. It’s clear (at least to me) they just do not care. I am returning all the equipment and contacting my credit card company to make sure I get a refund.

Ken Harrison
January 22nd, 2018 Mount Pleasant, TX DETAILS

I would never refer anyone to this company. I have had their alarm system for 9 months and I hate it and the service. I called them today at 10AM and now 5PM no return call yet. Please don’t buy this product. KH

Warren Hall
January 22nd, 2018 New Hartford, NY DETAILS

Top notch. Great equipment. Superb monitoring. Low prices. And NO contract.

Michael C McCarthy II
January 22nd, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

I bought a package on sale that has more items than needed but a better price than a custom package. SIMPLI instructions neeed mere details. It shlould be stated clearly that unused items need to be deactivated otherwise error messages occur and system does not work. It would have also been helpful to know that each security item has a specific number to keep a record of where each device is. I called customer service 3 times (first two calls I hung up in frustration) and waited for over 30 minutes to speak to a representative. SIMPLI UNACCEPTABLE

Jim Hunnewell
January 17th, 2018 Chesapeake, VA DETAILS

I purchased the top system—700+ dollars. I had a few concerns and ATTEMPTED to contact CUSTOMER NO SERVICE. So disappointed. Called twice and left my number. SimpliSafe NEVER CALLED BACK. Then I tried again and was on hold for 23 minutes THEN WAS DISCONNECTED. When I called in to cancel my service and return my equipment, I was told by the gentleman that spoke to me that this is the problem with SimpliSafe, they don’t have enough people to take care of customer service and so many people are getting frustrated. ME TOO!!!

Ron Shaw
January 16th, 2018 Boonville, IN DETAILS

The base unit couldn't connect to the dispatch center upon installation. I kept getting robot emails telling me to connect. I called the help center every day for 4 days and left messages about this common issue and they didn't call back. On the 5th day I left messages and emails stating I wanted a refund (Love it or send it back for 60 days). Still no response. I filed a complaint with PayPal stating I wanted a refund and SimplySafe wasn't responding. Later that evening, 6:32PM, the SimplySafe help center FINALLY called. I told them they were too late and I wanted a refund and they still haven't furnished the return process info. Paid system cost: $390.59.

M
January 15th, 2018 West Babylon, NY DETAILS

They DO NOT answer the phone when you need customer support.

Robert Bohaboy
January 9th, 2018 Manteca, CA DETAILS

This system is exactly what I wanted. Easy to install, and low monthly monitoring. Don't need fancy touch screen system. Buttons work just fine. Only concern was with dog. SimplySafe says dogs under 30 lbs will not set off alarm. My dog is 16 lbs and he set it off. They recommend setting the sensors higher and turning them upside down. Did that but have not tested it with the dog yet. We will see.

John
January 8th, 2018 Gray, GA DETAILS

Easy to install, instructions are lacking some key information though. Didn't explain that I would continue to get sensor failure notifications until I activated all sensors. Had left a couple door sensors in the box to install later and they kept giving me error messages. Took two calls to support to find that out. If it wasn't for that and the long waits for support (20-30 minutes), I'd give 5 stars. Super easy to set up and responds well so far. I didn't expect top of the line technology so not disappointed with what I have.

vern chapman
January 8th, 2018 Terre Haute, IN DETAILS

took me 1 hour to read manual and install the entire kit. they offer a 3 day 'give it a try' period and we tried it all. works great with our dogs and easily works in our detatched garage also. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Marc
January 4th, 2018 Burlingame, CA DETAILS

This security system was very easy to install and seems like it will work. Although, when I do a test, the dispatch center takes 30 minutes to call. When I asked them if this was a real break in, would it take 30 minutes, they said, "hopefully not". This is very concerning! Not to mention, every time I call customer service, I wait on hold for 45 minutes. I recommend not going with this company.

john bruno
January 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

After years with a company that started with wired security systems and terrible numbers of false alarms, then partial wireless conversion and over $700 'monitoring fee' per year, the final insult was poor service and expensive repairs. Simplisafe does it all better. Easy to install for this 75 year old. Superb walk you through if you need it. Replaced a few parts that didn't work with no hassle. $24 a month.

LARRY GOOCH
January 2nd, 2018 Memphis, TN DETAILS

I have had alarm systems installed in my homes, rental properties and my office for forty years. I have used probably four different companies. Then a couple of years ago a local news station did a piece on a local alarm company and Simplisafe where a lady had a break in with another national company and the slow response where the crooks got away and then she found out about Simplisafe and decided to try them. Weeks after her self installation she had another break in and the police caught them because of the quick response on their monitoring. My alarm was giving us some problems so I decided to try Simplisafe, They gave me a nice trail period to return for a refund so it was a no brainer. We installed the system ourselves and have nothing but good things to say about them. Have accidentally caused false alarms three or four times and it amazes me at how fast they respond (seconds). Did have a detector malfunction and they replaced it immediately. Also if you should have a piece of your system go bad it does not affect the other components from operating. I highly recommend to any of my friends and family. I also want to say that I never take the time to write reviews on companies, but this system and their friendly helpful staff I feel deserves this review. Hope it helps!

Bill
January 2nd, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

As a retired police officer, I have encountered many alarm systems. Simplisafe is tje easiest to work with, & the best service & price.

Jim Johnson
December 27th, 2017 Chaska, MN DETAILS

Having spent a career in both engineering and marketing, I have to give SimpliSafe five stars in both. The simplicity, ease of installation and trouble free operation satisfies the engineering and the focus on reliability and economy without contracts and hidden charges speaks to insightful marketing. My experience in the business world has taught me the cause of negative testimonials is usually due to two reasons. One, the individual has a conflicting interest in a competitor or two, he is not adequately skilled to park a bicycle straight. I have had my SS system for three years and could not be more satisfied.

Paul Pongrace
December 27th, 2017 Allison Park, PA DETAILS

Have been satisfied for a year now, no issues. Monitor of system excellent, customer service very knowledgeable.This company is equal or superior of others of which I have experience over many years. Monitoring costs are fair, as other security providers over charge for the same service.

Richard
December 21st, 2017 Germantown, TN DETAILS

Purchased in 2015, then in Novembeer 2017,the system failed. Had even purchased new batteries from Simple Safe that month. Checked batteries...all ok. Key pad would not function correctly, then would not recognize the motion sensors (4). Took forever to get through to tech advisor. She did entry of all units on my account and system came up again...for two days and then crashed. Have been using E mail trying to get a technician to call me...suggested specific time and date so I would not miss any call. Been on telephone for over an hour trying to get someone. Nothing. No reply to my e mail. Over 30 days and counting asking for help and no response. Did get my monitoring bill this month. Sorry I got involved. with this system. UPDATE: I have cancelled Simple Safe. Had to go through the alarm monitoring service to reach them to cancel.

Christopher
December 21st, 2017 Cary, NC DETAILS

After receiving my alarm system and setting it up, which was easy the test continued to fail to send. I moved the base toward my window per the suggestions. After calling your customer service, I was informed that the T-Mobile based stations were a general issue with connecting and could take hours. So five hours later and 3 retests, the system is still not working correctly. I am now the proud owner of a security system that offers no security. I have read that the T-Mobile stations were commonly producing the connection problem. Without the base station connecting I am unable to have monitoring and just get a loud noise if something were to happen. This will make me feel so much better to hear the beeping sounds as I am being robbed. I am sure the sounds will be calming especially since no one will be notifying the police since your inferior T-Mobile base stations do not work correctly. This will also be great for a legal fight since a company representative acknowledged there was a problem.

Sean Kelly
December 20th, 2017 Orlando, FL DETAILS

Good experience with customer service, the product is reliable and easy to install. Passed every intrusion test I could throw at it.

Michael Gorski
December 15th, 2017 Indianola, IA DETAILS

I've had SimpliSafe for about one year now. Outstanding equipment and support. They don't rob you with overpriced equipment or monitoring fees.

robert paino
December 12th, 2017 Clifton, NJ

had the system for about 18 months and love it...super easy to install, even for a non-skilled person, works great.... when I accidently set off an alarm, human error, not the system,the monitoring station would call within a minute.... you can see that this systems rating of 18th, is not real life reality based on actual user feedback, which is between 4 and 5 stars the people who gave it a one star probably had a faulty part to start with.... I received a non functioning tower at first, got the replacement, and all is well....would not deduct a star for that

Rebecca Kennedy
December 12th, 2017 Tijeras, NM DETAILS

Customer for over 2 yrs. Simplisafe did for less than $500 what ADT was going to charge us $1500 for. Monthly monitoring is reasonable and the basic package is enough for us. I have always found customer service to be very helpful. Only two negatives for me. 1) The volume of the command station is too low. When you come in through the garage, you can barely hear the beeping to let you know the system is armed and needs to be turned off. If there were an external speaker, I'd buy it. 2) It is difficult to determine which sensor is open or in need of attention. Customer Services has helped me figure it out, but I wish it were easier. Those are the only things that keep this system from a 5 star rating.

Jim F.
December 12th, 2017 Burbank, CA DETAILS

We've used SimpliSafe for over two years and are extremely satisfied. I'm surprised anyone can be displeased with customer service; aside for mild displeasure with not having representatives available on weekend, every single time I've called with questions, the representives have (without exception), been very courteous and knowledgeable, and worked through my question or issue to resolution. As to weekend problems, the monitoring company can handle "emergency" issues; simple questions can generally wait until weekdays.

Dave Slowbe
December 4th, 2017 Westerville, OH DETAILS

Overall, I like the system. My only problem is that I, like many others in my age group, I have trouble hearing, especially higher pitched sounds. So, when I enter my house, I simply CAN NOT hear the warning beeps of the system. I've talked with Simpli-Safe about offering an adjustable toner, so I can hear the warning beeps. No luck. I can hear the base-station comments fine. I wish the warning beeps were a lower pitch. If they ever offer such a feature on the entry keypad, I'll buy one, and then be able to give them a 5-Star Rating. The given pitch of the warning beeps, is set to be in the normal range of hearing, however, as you get older (millions of us are), we lose that hearing range. Heads UP Simpli-Safe. Either offer a tone control knob on the keypad, or run the warning beeps back through the base station.

Brenda Wilson
November 29th, 2017 Statham, GA DETAILS

Had the system 4 months very pleased with it. Customer service is great. Would recommend Simplisafe to anyone.

Joseph Johnson
November 21st, 2017 La Quinta, CA DETAILS

You can call them and order exactly the equipment you want. They will bundle it, discount it, and throw in a month monitoring to try it out. I also have Ring around my home and between the two I have great security at a low price and no contract.

Michael McCaffrey
November 20th, 2017 Canton, OH DETAILS

I bought a SimpliSafe packaged system three months ago and installed it myself with absolutely no problems. I bought our system online directly from SimpliSafe. It was easy to select what we needed. The price was very affordable and everything is working great. We were especially worried about motion detectors being kicked off by our Lab-Shepherd, but the instructions from SimpliSafe explained how to install the detectors to avoid pet-initiated false alarms and all is good. We actually were so impressed with how well our door, window, motion and glass break sensors worked that we decided to add their full time fire detection sensors. So we are now earning a 15% discount on our homeowners insurance. Hurray! I cannot stress to much how easy it is to set up the system, add sensors and configure the whole system. Some of our entry alarms are instant-on... some have small delays to allow us to get to the panel when we return home. We have complete control. Plus the techs and folks who monitor our system have been completely professional and extremely polite on the phone. Did I mention the low monthly monitoring fee of $14.99? And no contract is needed at all. We love our SimpliSafe system. And best of all... we love our newfound feeling of security.

Jan
November 14th, 2017 Lumberton, NC DETAILS

I ordered a Simplisafe system before I bought my house and had it with me the morning we closed the deal. I went over on my lunch hour and installed the system, by myself. It was easy. I had an issue with two of the entry sensors not working, so I called customer service. In a matter of minutes, we had the issue solved; he had me take the battery out and put it right back in; the sensor worked. I'm very happy with it so far.

George Long
November 3rd, 2017 Grants Pass, OR DETAILS

I installed this system in my new house. It looked like a well thought out idea. My background as a LEO exposed me to many alarm systems. This is an excellent system for the cost. Even knowing how I installed it I could not defeat it.

Tom
October 17th, 2017 Buffalo, NY

Pathetic customer service. Don't waste your money

Alexander Krupetsky
October 11th, 2017 Bryn Mawr, PA

Had the worst experience while activating. I have had alarm systems on numerous properties over the years but this call to SimpliSafe really got my blood boiling. I was told that I have to go to a higher cost plan so SimplySafe can tell me what sensor location triggered the alarm. What nonsense? ADT would always tell me what triggered the alarm. I bought two systems over the holidays to protect the two homes I own. The monitoring price was attractive but this episode really turned me off. Will not activate and will look for another monitoring service. STAY AWAY FROM SIMPLISAFE!!!

Don
October 9th, 2017 Orlando, FL

We learned ONLY through trial and error that the camera does NOT work with 5G network. Had to return camera. Other than that it satisfies our needs.

charlie
September 25th, 2017 PA

Though I was saving with DIY and I am a master DIY guy. False fire alarms led to billing by fire department, which cost more then the system. Had to disconnect. Our old system shorted out after a electrical storm surge. The whole idea was to have fire/smoke protection.

Mary Ellen Fox
September 21st, 2017

I have had Simplisafe for 2 years. It was very easy to install and has worked well. If there was a problem it was handled quickly.

JOE
September 12th, 2017 Pueblo, CO

SIMPLY GREAT . SO EASY TO INSTALL HAS CAMERAS. LOVE IT

Bob Archuleta
September 11th, 2017 Colorado Springs, CO

I had ADT for many years and due to cost dropped it. I now have simplisafe in my new home and they are more responsive then ADT was when we have accidental alarm set offs. It is lower cost with better response. Cannot ask for anything better.

Curtis Thornton
August 29th, 2017 Duncan, OK

My family purchase the Simplisafe system 4+ years ago. If I ever move, they'll be the first call I make. I've had ADT and many of the others and thought them to be "ok", but certainly not worth the contract and extra expense. Simplisafe works without a land line, they are very friendly and knowledgeable when I've had questions. While the system I've got (again, it aint new) is not the sleekest looking item I've seen, it is functional and very reliable and reasonable priced. I would definitely use them again and refer Simplisafe.