Safe Home Security has been protecting families and businesses (and their most important assets) for more than two decades. This type of experience has allowed the company to develop a business model that gives customers the highest level of customer service. This top notch service does not end after the system design or professional installation phases. Instead, it extends for the life of the security system, constantly working to keep everything as safe as possible.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Frontpoint chevron_right
#3 Guardian Protection chevron_right

The Good

• More than Burglary Protection
  • Multiple Payment Options

More than Burglary Protection

Unfortunately, there are many more types of security issues that customers are faced with than just burglary. Fire, medical emergencies, flooding are all other potential hazards, which is why Safe Home Security offers customers protection options that covers all of these areas. When customers work with Safe Home Security they can feel more confident knowing they are getting a well-rounded system.

Multiple Payment Options

Safe Home Security also understands that not every customer has the same situation and works to accommodate most circumstances. A major way this is done is by offering payment options for monitoring services. Customers have the option to choose from monthly, quarterly, or yearly payment plans. It is unclear whether customers will receive a discount if they choose to pay quarterly or yearly for their security system, but these options allow them to choose what will work best for them allowing them more control over their protection.

The Bad

• No Exact Prices
  • No Equipment Information

No Exact Prices

Prices are not included on its website, which can make the decision-making process very difficult for customers. Since purchasing a security system is such an important decision for customers, it is very helpful when companies disclose as much information upfront as possible.

No Equipment Information

Overall, there is a very large lack of information given to potential customers researching Safe Home Security as an option for their security system. Customers need to work directly with a security expert to design a system that will work for them to protect what they want to protect, but the exact ways that this is done is not clear. No information is given about equipment offered by Safe Home Security, including the basics of types (like door sensors or video surveillance), or exact specifications of the equipment.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Those customers who choose to be protected by Safe Home Security will benefit from the exceptional monitoring and customer service provided by the company. But it will be difficult for anyone to choose Safe Home Security as there is such a huge gap in the presented information. Customers will definitely have to speak to a customer service agent in order to get any idea of the system they can have through Safe Home Security.

View Best Home Security Companies

Reviews from #1 Home Security Company

Protect America

DCH
October 11th, 2018 | Hampton, VA

Jenny was great. We recently had to move due to a threat to my home. My old setup wasn’t effective. After speaking to Jenny my wife and I started to brainstorm with her and she kept giving us options that were affordable and EXACTLY what we were looking for. Now can’t wait to get it in and installed. Rush ship it please 😄

Kelly Geels
September 17th, 2018 | Visalia, CA

Fast set up and great customer service, system works well. Love that equipment was free and no contracts! Perfect for our family

1.9

Linda Lowe
April 23rd, 2019 DETAILS

I received a phone call from someone who seemed to know of my account with my satelite TV service. He said that if I would sign up with their home security co., Safe Home Securities, I would receive $50 off a month for 3 years off my TV service. I signed up, but when I got my bill for the TV service the $50 discount was not there. I called them and they said they do not have any arrangement with ANY security company. It was a lie. So I filled out the cancellation for with SHS and told my bank to cancel the auto draft from my account to this company that uses fraud to obtain customers. When their collections department called me and I told her on the phone what had happened, she immediately said, "well, you signed the contract." Her quick response told me what I needed to know. She KNOWS this fraud is happening, and doesn't care. Am filing a complaint with the Alarm Systems Contractors Board, a comprehensive online regulating system. This one is Tennessee, but I'm sure other states have the same type of Board. I typed in www.core.TN.gov Try your own state's initials.

Cindy
January 24th, 2019 Elgin, IL DETAILS

Safe Home Security is a very good alarm company. Travis installed our system over 5 years now and have no complaints. If there is an issue, they are on the phone in seconds to make sure everything is ok. I just got cameras added to my property and love them. The features of my home security system include security, cameras, doorbell camera, thermostats, locks, lighting and water detection. I love the app through Alarm.com and can see everything and control my system. Thank you Safe Home Security for protecting my home.

S. Jernigan
July 27th, 2018 Mableton, GA DETAILS

If I could give 0 stars I would! I'm stuck in this 5 year contract .....which is the only way this company "home safe"...REALLY CALLED "ALLIANCE SECURITY"IS ABLE TO KEEP ANY CUSTOMERS!!!Home Safe is clueless unless they go through Alliance! Your on hold for up to 45min. My alarm is Beoke! It jams! It doesn't work! The batteries in my sensors wear out in a matter of weeks! Im being charged for a door camera which I asked for 2months ago!!!! They say its coming?? Whattttt? Really??? I've been through 4 representatives in this 2 months!! They all guarantee they will resolve this!!! Wheres my🤬door camera?

Rene Widmann
May 11th, 2018 Inglewood, CA DETAILS

The service was fine but make sure you read the contract carefully before you sign it. I was late with my cancellation notice so they did a one year extension and then if I did not pay they would automatically renew it every year. What the customer wants is not a concern for them.

Patricia Price
April 11th, 2018 Louisville, KY DETAILS

I'd give this Co. -5 stars if possible. Most horrible people I've ever dealt with in my life. My husband fell for high pressure door to door salesmen. Had to sign a 5 yr contract. After a while system said "system failure". Called customer service & they kept telling us that it was working. Couldn't get it thru their head that a system failure means it's not working. After calling about same issue several time (while they were taking money out if acct for a non-working system, BTW) they finally said they would send someone out. They said they didn't have anyone in my state (KY) & would have someone call within 3 days. After 2 weeks & not hearing a peep we called them back. Believe it or not, they very rudely informed us since we called them back we would have to start the 3 day call for appt again!!! My husband got very upset & told them to take their alarm out of our wall after being on the phone for over 2 hours trying to resolve issue. They were extremely rude & I could hear them yelling at my husband from across the room! No one ever came out to fix. Finally had to block payment from bank. Kept getting harrassed & told them we weren't paying for something that doesn't work. All they had to do was fix it. Husband signed contract before we got married so it was in his name only. Well husband passed away during contract & I let them know he was deceased & asked them if they wanted copy of death certificate, they said no. About 6 months later they started harrassing me again. Finally sent to collection agency. Explained situation & haven't heard anything since. Guess they dropped it. I'd rather die before I'd give them a penny. This review doesn't even begin to cover all the harrassment received from this company. I'd have to write a novel for that. They have the worst & rudest customer service I've ever seen in my life. Plus they don't even have techs in state to service.RUN AWAY.

Harlan Wahlert
December 29th, 2017 Manassas, VA DETAILS

there is a very large information given to potential customers researching Safe Home Security as an option for their security system. Customers need to work directly with a security expert to design a system that will work for them to protect what they want to protect.Those customers who choose to be protected by Safe Home Security will benefit from the exceptional monitoring and customer service provided by the company.Safe Home Security appears to have a money-back guarantee on the security systems or services offered if a customer is not satisfied.There is mention of an equipment warranty for any products sold by Safe Home Security.

Garry Wilson
December 21st, 2017 Layton, UT DETAILS

NO CONTRACT! When I moved my security system from a previous residence I signed up a month-to-month with a local monitoring company to install (at no cost) and monitor both fire and security. That company eventually sold out and my service was picked up by Safe Home Security. It has been more than 2 years now, and I am super happy with the monitoring provided. Using the Alarm.com application nothing could be easier. I initially had a problem getting signs and stickers but after a few calls all is well.

Sherry Early
December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY. I had to buy everything when anything went wrong with the system. I had to spend almost $100 to replace the battery after 3 years of using the system. You must sign a 5 year contract. I could not wait until the contract expired because the cost was so expensive. Once my 5 years was up, I called to cancel and was told ok. I received a bill for 2 more months which I refused to pay because my 5 year term was up. Because I refused to pay, I was then told that I owed for another year because I did not cancel 2 months before the end of the contract. I now have calls coming from a collection agent who works at the company. I told him that hell will freeze over before I pay them and he said that he is going to keep calling me until I pay because they can. By the way, the salesmen leave out a lot of information when they are roping you into a contract.

Susan Spencer
December 4th, 2017 Springfield, MA DETAILS

I was referred by my mortgage company to Safe Home. Salesman very nice. The problem with this company is that once they have you-they won't let go. Two years after moving into my home I found I was going to have to move. I informed Safe Home and was told that I need to take my alarm system with me. Well, the apartment I was moving to wouldn't allow it. I begged Safe Home to come and take the unit out. Instead, every Thursday morning at 4am THEY set my alarm off!!!. This went on for weeks. I finally after calling them several times, pulled the entire unit out of the wall. Well, they took me to court and instead of the total of $2000 something for the unit and the service over a period of time. The price has gone up to over $4,000. HOW???? This is a terrible company.

Sharon Post
July 31st, 2017 Kuna, ID

A very high pressure saleman came to my door claiming he could save me over $100/month on SHS and internet, phone and satellite TV. Everything he told me about prices turned out to be lies. Once I realized what a scammer he was on all he was selling I sent by certified mail a notice of cancellation on the third business day which the contract states and I'm still trying to get it cancelled. They took money out of my bank account anyway so I revoked authorization through my bank and now SHS is sending threatening letters about that.

G Morris
July 21st, 2017 Tampa, FL

We had this service installed in 2011; had problems with them from the beginning--starting with their promise that they would provide an interface with our iPhones. Never came. Then the alternate keypad in the Master bedroom was inoperable. Contract required us to arrange service through an SHS authorized repair facility. Calls to local services required approval by SHS. Never came. we continued to be billed for services. Finally had to demand a stop in the service by notifying our credit card service to stop payment. SHS continued to submit requests for payment by changing merchant ID. Still no repair. Our complaints were being sent by registered mail. One was referred to the VP of Sales who concluded that the company had no obligations to resolve the matter. Finally wrote letters to the Chairman, President and Treasurer of SHS (Connecticut demands that all officers note their personal addresses on corporate filings) and it finally stopped..but not until after a credit bureau had been contacted by SHS to collect over 1200 dollars in back fees (during the time our keypad was inoperable) It was good riddance to bad rubbish. The credit collection agency realized after receiving copies of our many registered letters and telephone requests that there was no fault at our end. They simply dropped it. During the time that our system was down, we had a theft in the home in which we lost merchandise in excess of $10,000. Later I learned that the BBB has over 7000 complaints on file for this merchant, alone.

Mich
June 27th, 2017

As mentioned in the profile above, their service is exceptionally good. Whenever we've set off the alarm by mistake, they are quick to respond, checking to see if we are all right. When we first had the alarm system installed, they used the equipment we already had from a previous company and we have had no problems since then. Once, when our hallway sensor went out, a service person came the next day and replaced the battery in the sensor. I think they are a much better company than where you have them rated.

joanne petrosino
May 5th, 2017 Madison, CT

This security company is a bunch of crooks. Never sign up with them. I called to cancel my service and they lied and told me they would drop my charges by $5.00 a month until my contract was up. They never told me they were signing me up for 5 more years. This is elder abuse and I am planning a law suit. Does any one want to join me?

tracey davidson
April 12th, 2017

i have this company and i will cancel after contract has ended.. if you have a problem , they charge you to fix their equipment and only have 1 certain/day time they can come with no exceptions, too bad for people that work, ours still blinks that it needs service , all i get is don't worry about it, the signal works, we set if off every day and no one calls us, but they say it works,,, it has bad customer service, can't trouble shoot by phone you get passed form one to another with no resolution. so who knows if it works or not.

dsel jstu