Link Interactive is a do-it-yourself security provider with over 60 years of experience under its belt. The company primarily sells 2GIG equipment, though other brands are available for add-on security and home automation components. Link Interactive charges $30.99-$44.99 per month for its monitoring services.

Click here to go straight to Link Interactive reviews.

The Good

• 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Takeover Options
  • Many Equipment Options
  • Own the Equipment
  • Versatile Contracts
  • Three Comprehensive Package Options
  • Home Security Cameras
  • Video Analytics
  • Free Go!Control Panel Included with All Packages

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Link Interactive provides a 30-day money-back guarantee on its equipment and services, which gives customers a nice window for a trial run.

Takeover Options

The company also offers a takeover program, which makes it easy to switch over existing security equipment. Link Interactive will help customers expand an old security system into a state-of-the-art system, offering their own monitoring service, remote access, and automation.

Many Equipment Options

Link Interactive has many equipment options, including various disaster sensors that monitor flood, heat, freeze, smoke, and carbon monoxide levels. The company also offers a variety of home automation gadgets like smart locks, thermostat, smart lights (bulbs and switches), video monitoring, a remotely controlled garage door opener, and even a doorbell camera.

Own the Equipment

Though customers pay for this equipment out of pocket, they always own the products. This is in contrast to other home security companies that require you to send back equipment when your contract expires.

Versatile Contracts

Customers can sign up for a one-year, two-year, or three-year contract. A three-year contract is the standard for most home security companies, so it's encouraging to see a company that's a little more versatile.

Three Comprehensive Package Options

Link Interactive also provides several package options, and all include a wider array and number of security components than you get with most companies-DIY and professionally installed alike. Depending on the package, customers get:

• 3-5 door/window sensors (the norm in this industry is three, at best)
  • 1-2 motion sensors (other providers offer one, if any)
  • 1 wireless smoke/heat/freeze sensor
  • 1-2 light/appliance modules
  • 1-2 thermostats
  • 1 indoor camera
  • 1 outdoor camera

This is among the most comprehensive security/home automation packages we've seen. All systems are powered by Alarm.com and connect you to a certified professional monitoring station. Home automation devices are Z-wave products that can be managed from a mobile app.

Home Security Cameras

Link Interactive is one of the few home security companies that sells standalone cameras as well. These cameras can be accessed from a mobile app on your phone or tablet and even include night vision capabilities. They can also be incorporated into Link Interactive's traditional home security systems.

Video Analytics

Now included in Link Interactive's Elite plan are 3,000 video clips and video analytics. To compare, the majority of other home security companies only offer 1,000 clips.

Link Interactive's video analytics continuously scan your property and only notify you when people, vehicles, or animals are detected. Combined with new virtual tripwires and fenced­-in activity zones, you can enhance perimeter security and gain more insight into what's going on at home.

Once a person, vehicle, or animal is detected, you receive an enhanced alert with a thumbnail image showing what was caught on camera. You only receive video alerts on what matters most to you. For example, when:

• A person enters the yard, but not animals
  • A car pulls into the driveway at night, but not when it drives past
  • Someone loiters on the porch, but not when mail is delivered
  • Pets get on the sofa, but not when they are walking around the room

Additionally, you can even use Link Interactive's video analytics to trigger light automation like turning on an outdoor Z­-Wave light when a person is detected in the driveway.

When you view video analytics clips, playback begins when people, vehicles, or animals are detected. You can also create rules to automatically turn on Z-­Wave lights and devices whenever a person, animal, or vehicle is detected. For example, you can deter unwanted visitors from approaching your property by having interior lights turn on, making it look like someone's home ­ even when there's not.

Free Go!Control Panel Included with All Packages

Each package includes a free Go!Control panel ($251 value), which customers own.

The Bad

Cancellation Terms

Customers are locked into a contract and are responsible for 75% percent of the remaining balance should they choose to cancel early. However, this is common within the home security industry.

The Bottom Line

Link Interactive offers a variety of security and home automation equipment—one of the best price-to-feature ratios out there. Some great benefits when going with Link Interactive include a 30-day money back guarantee, multiple equipment options, and no upfront costs. Read Link Interactive reviews below to learn about the company's customer service and monitoring service.

Call our recommended rep over at Link Interactive below.

Link Interactive Frequently Asked Questions

How does Link Interactive’s pricing compare to other home security companies?

Link Interactive’s cost is on par with other top-rated home security providers. Its monthly monitoring fee ranges between $30.99 and $44.99, and the company does not require any upfront fees.

Your monthly cost will vary depending on if you want the standard security package with basic security equipment or the more advanced package with home automation capabilities and video monitoring and analytics.

What is Link Interactive’s cancellation policy?

If a customer chooses to cancel before their contract expires, they'll be responsible to pay 75 percent of the remaining balance.

Does Link Interactive require an installation or activation fee?

No, Link Interactive does not charge any upfront fees for activation or installation.

Does Link Interactive offer a money-back guarantee?

Yes, Link Interactive has a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you decide to cancel its services within 30 days, you will receive a full refund.

Does Link Interactive provide a price-lock guarantee?

Yes, Link Interactive offers a three-year price-lock guarantee. This means your bill will remain the same amount and will not fluctuate for the length of your contract.

Is Link Interactive equipment backed by a warranty?

Yes, Link Interactive offers a three-year warranty on all equipment.

Are Link Interactive reviews positive?

Yes, the majority of Link Interactive reviews are five stars, with many customers noting that the company has excellent customer service, affordable prices, and reliable equipment.

Is Link Interactive a do-it-yourself security solution?

Yes, the company is a DIY security provider that has easy-to-use equipment you can install yourself.

Does Link Interactive offer home automation?

Yes, Link Interactive has a mobile app that allows you to control your security and home automation in one place. With the app, you can set security schedules, access live feed of your security cameras, adjust the thermostat temperature, lock and unlock doors, turn on and off lights, and more.

Patrick Collins

February 9th, 2017 Fort Collins, CO

Everything is working great. I just wanted an alarm system that i can control when I am away. I am extremely satisfied.

Valentina Webster

February 9th, 2017 Seattle, WA

We needed a home security system so we went with link interactive. The alarm system is fantastic. It is really, really easy to use, and the setup was simple.

Steven Fuhr

February 9th, 2017 Shelton, WA

Everything has been good with link interactive. The sale steam was very good, customer service is nice, and my experience with the system is mostly good.

Alfredo Heredia

February 9th, 2017 El Paso, TX

I wanted a security system installed in my home just for the peace of mind that it brings in knowing that we are secure.The customer service is very good, no issues at all. They are very friendly. The sales team was not pushy at all, it was a very positive experience with them. And the system was very easy to set up and very quick to initialize.

Noemi Toka

February 9th, 2017 Villa Park, IL

I just moved into a new house and decided that home security would be a good idea. The customer service is wonderful! I just ordered the system and I haven't installed it yet, so I can't really comment on it. But the team is very helpful and knowledgeable and it seems like they are there to help support my needs and not just sell me things.

Preston Nielsen

February 9th, 2017 Ephraim, UT

We have been with Link for a while now. Everything is great, there are no complaints. I'd give them a 10 out of 10 on everything, from their customer service to their system quality.

Dale Seifert

February 9th, 2017 Miller Place, NY

Link Interactive has been great. The system works really well, I am very satisfied. Dealing with customer service is always good too.

Gunner Scott

February 9th, 2017 Seattle, WA

I wanted a system that was not reliant on the internet for security. The system wasn't very easy to install though. When I have dealt with customer service it has been great.

Keith Hall

February 9th, 2017 Livermore, CA

I am satisfied with Link Interactive. There is not much to say, i'm satisfied with the customer service, I am satisfied with the product, overall it has been great.

Chantris Stephens

February 9th, 2017 Union City, GA

I got link because I bought a new home. I am satisfied in working with the company and with the alarm.

Nicolas Kapecki

February 9th, 2017 Grayslake, IL

I just got a security system so that I could feel safer. Our cellular module broke out of nowhere, but they were quick to ship and replace it. We'll find out how the replacement works. The sales team was great to deal with though. The system is just average in my opinion.

Megan Wallander

February 9th, 2017 Washington D.C.

Link Interactive has been fine. The system works, the sales time is fine to deal with. It is a pretty average experience.

Brandon Burkhead

February 9th, 2017 Otisco, IN

I went with Link Interactive because I wanted to go with a system that is completely dependable and reliable. The main feature that I like is that when the system's batteries are getting low in lets you know. Its really nice that they let you know about this before hand so that it doesn't die when you are away and you never got a warning. The sales people are not pushy; they are more concerned about selling you what you need not selling what they want you to have. They are very informative about their products. The system is pre-assembled, and easy to install. There is no hard-wiring and you can set it however you want to. I like that it runs off of the cell towers. I accidentally left my front door propped open when I was moving in furniture. The company called me and told me that they noticed that I had left my front door open for an extended period of time. I was so impressed at how attentive they are.

Nathan Fitzgerald

February 9th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I just needed a security system to protect my home and my family, that is reliable, but still cheap. Dealing with the company is great, the app is really cool to use. The sales team is very knowledgeable, they know all about their products and they aren't pushy, they provide unbiased information and get you the best prices. If you are looking for a 100% cell signal alarm system then link interactive is the way to go. They have the lowest monthly rate, the have the most features for the cost, home automation, cameras. If you want it, they got it. I am extremely satisfied.

Adam Schlickting

February 9th, 2017 Macon, GA

I went with Link Interactive for both home security and home automation. The system is excellent, the sales team is excellent, their customer service is excellent. Installation was very simple, but when I tested the system there was a minor problem so I got on the phone with tech support and they figured it out pretty quickly.

Linda Sobel

February 9th, 2017 Dallas, TX

I did a lot of research and went with them because they had the best reviews. The sales team was very informative, which is great for first time users. The system has been great, no problems at all. I would highly recommend them.

Robert Flores

February 9th, 2017 Kingwood, TX

The alarm system is very simple to use, and purchasing online was too. Everything works as promised.

Margarita Rosado

February 9th, 2017 Colorado Springs, CO

I used to have ADT, but it got so expensive so I switched to Link Interactive. I don't have much experience with using the alarm yet, but the customer service and sales team were very good.

Hector Vega

February 9th, 2017 Lehigh Acres, FL

I upgraded to Link Interactive so that I could have more of the features that I wanted. The system is very easy to use and so far the company has been great to work with. Everything has been working really well.

Stephen Roberts

February 9th, 2017 McKinney, TX

So far we have been very satisfied with Link Interactive. They've been nothing but great and everything works perfectly as described. We decided to get a security system to feel safer.Their sales team and customer service is excellent and extremely helpful.The system was very easy to install, very easy to use and we haven't had any issues.

Joan Hollenbach

February 9th, 2017 Castle Rock, CO

We recently moved into a new house and we needed a security system. Link interactive seemed to offer the best system for what we were looking for. So far everything has been great with them. It was interesting to have to install the system myself, but once I got the hang of it everything went really smoothly. I have called customer support a few times and they're very helpful and took care of my needs. We haven't had any emergencies or anything like that, but i'd give them a 9.

Nancy Macdonald

February 9th, 2017 Provo, UT

Although we just got the system to reduce our insurance bill, we are actually satisfied with the system. Their sales team and customer support were great, and the system is satisfactory.

Brent Mizel

February 9th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

I am satisfied with the system, the customer support, and my dealing with the company. It is nice to have the system to protect our home from robbers.

Danielle Holder

February 9th, 2017 Double Springs, AL

Link Interactive is a great company to deal with overall. They really care about their customers. We are extremely satisfied with the system because it is really easy to use and provides safety for my family.

George Smith

February 9th, 2017 Emmet, AR

We we're robbed, so we decided to get an alarm system. There was a huge learning curve with the system, and the installation instructions aren't very clear. They directed us to an installation video and that still didn't answer our questions. Eventually I talked to a representative on the phone and my issues were resolved. Now I am satisfied with the system.One of my sensors broke and the company was very quick to ship us a new one.

Kenneth Scharf

February 9th, 2017 Valley Stream, NY

The quality of this companies components is excellent. Everything came preprogrammed and it was very simple to install. Their support team are very kind and always have the answers to my questions.

Perry Russell

February 9th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

We got an alarm to protect the new home that we had just purchased. The company is great to deal with, but the system isn't that great. I would say its about average.We had some difficulty in setting up the system; we are not very tech savvy. It was frustrating from the beginning.

Integral Analytics

February 9th, 2017 Chester Springs, PA

I went with link Interactive because they seem to be more economical then most other companies.The company has good customer service, and the system is working just fine. No problems with them whatsoever.

Jonatan Dunn

February 9th, 2017 Grandview, MO

I bought a home and wanted to make sure that it, and my family, were protected. The sales team was great to deal with, I didn't have any problems with them, and the system itself was very easy to use. But I canceled the service.