Link Interactive is a do-it-yourself security provider with over 60 years of experience under its belt. The company primarily sells 2GIG equipment, though other brands are available for add-on security and home automation components. Link Interactive charges $30.99-$44.99 per month for its monitoring services.

Click here to go straight to Link Interactive reviews.

The Good

• 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Takeover Options
  • Many Equipment Options
  • Own the Equipment
  • Versatile Contracts
  • Three Comprehensive Package Options
  • Home Security Cameras
  • Video Analytics
  • Free Go!Control Panel Included with All Packages

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Link Interactive provides a 30-day money-back guarantee on its equipment and services, which gives customers a nice window for a trial run.

Takeover Options

The company also offers a takeover program, which makes it easy to switch over existing security equipment. Link Interactive will help customers expand an old security system into a state-of-the-art system, offering their own monitoring service, remote access, and automation.

Many Equipment Options

Link Interactive has many equipment options, including various disaster sensors that monitor flood, heat, freeze, smoke, and carbon monoxide levels. The company also offers a variety of home automation gadgets like smart locks, thermostat, smart lights (bulbs and switches), video monitoring, a remotely controlled garage door opener, and even a doorbell camera.

Own the Equipment

Though customers pay for this equipment out of pocket, they always own the products. This is in contrast to other home security companies that require you to send back equipment when your contract expires.

Versatile Contracts

Customers can sign up for a one-year, two-year, or three-year contract. A three-year contract is the standard for most home security companies, so it's encouraging to see a company that's a little more versatile.

Three Comprehensive Package Options

Link Interactive also provides several package options, and all include a wider array and number of security components than you get with most companies-DIY and professionally installed alike. Depending on the package, customers get:

• 3-5 door/window sensors (the norm in this industry is three, at best)
  • 1-2 motion sensors (other providers offer one, if any)
  • 1 wireless smoke/heat/freeze sensor
  • 1-2 light/appliance modules
  • 1-2 thermostats
  • 1 indoor camera
  • 1 outdoor camera

This is among the most comprehensive security/home automation packages we've seen. All systems are powered by Alarm.com and connect you to a certified professional monitoring station. Home automation devices are Z-wave products that can be managed from a mobile app.

Home Security Cameras

Link Interactive is one of the few home security companies that sells standalone cameras as well. These cameras can be accessed from a mobile app on your phone or tablet and even include night vision capabilities. They can also be incorporated into Link Interactive's traditional home security systems.

Video Analytics

Now included in Link Interactive's Elite plan are 3,000 video clips and video analytics. To compare, the majority of other home security companies only offer 1,000 clips.

Link Interactive's video analytics continuously scan your property and only notify you when people, vehicles, or animals are detected. Combined with new virtual tripwires and fenced­-in activity zones, you can enhance perimeter security and gain more insight into what's going on at home.

Once a person, vehicle, or animal is detected, you receive an enhanced alert with a thumbnail image showing what was caught on camera. You only receive video alerts on what matters most to you. For example, when:

• A person enters the yard, but not animals
  • A car pulls into the driveway at night, but not when it drives past
  • Someone loiters on the porch, but not when mail is delivered
  • Pets get on the sofa, but not when they are walking around the room

Additionally, you can even use Link Interactive's video analytics to trigger light automation like turning on an outdoor Z­-Wave light when a person is detected in the driveway.

When you view video analytics clips, playback begins when people, vehicles, or animals are detected. You can also create rules to automatically turn on Z-­Wave lights and devices whenever a person, animal, or vehicle is detected. For example, you can deter unwanted visitors from approaching your property by having interior lights turn on, making it look like someone's home ­ even when there's not.

Free Go!Control Panel Included with All Packages

Each package includes a free Go!Control panel ($251 value), which customers own.

The Bad

Cancellation Terms

Customers are locked into a contract and are responsible for 75% percent of the remaining balance should they choose to cancel early. However, this is common within the home security industry.

The Bottom Line

Link Interactive offers a variety of security and home automation equipment—one of the best price-to-feature ratios out there. Some great benefits when going with Link Interactive include a 30-day money back guarantee, multiple equipment options, and no upfront costs. Read Link Interactive reviews below to learn about the company's customer service and monitoring service.

Call our recommended rep over at Link Interactive below.

Link Interactive Frequently Asked Questions

How does Link Interactive’s pricing compare to other home security companies?

Link Interactive’s cost is on par with other top-rated home security providers. Its monthly monitoring fee ranges between $30.99 and $44.99, and the company does not require any upfront fees.

Your monthly cost will vary depending on if you want the standard security package with basic security equipment or the more advanced package with home automation capabilities and video monitoring and analytics.

What is Link Interactive’s cancellation policy?

If a customer chooses to cancel before their contract expires, they'll be responsible to pay 75 percent of the remaining balance.

Does Link Interactive require an installation or activation fee?

No, Link Interactive does not charge any upfront fees for activation or installation.

Does Link Interactive offer a money-back guarantee?

Yes, Link Interactive has a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you decide to cancel its services within 30 days, you will receive a full refund.

Does Link Interactive provide a price-lock guarantee?

Yes, Link Interactive offers a three-year price-lock guarantee. This means your bill will remain the same amount and will not fluctuate for the length of your contract.

Is Link Interactive equipment backed by a warranty?

Yes, Link Interactive offers a three-year warranty on all equipment.

Are Link Interactive reviews positive?

Yes, the majority of Link Interactive reviews are five stars, with many customers noting that the company has excellent customer service, affordable prices, and reliable equipment.

Is Link Interactive a do-it-yourself security solution?

Yes, the company is a DIY security provider that has easy-to-use equipment you can install yourself.

Does Link Interactive offer home automation?

Yes, Link Interactive has a mobile app that allows you to control your security and home automation in one place. With the app, you can set security schedules, access live feed of your security cameras, adjust the thermostat temperature, lock and unlock doors, turn on and off lights, and more.

Shawn

February 12th, 2019 McCormick, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I picked Link Interactive for home security because of their price. The system is easy to use and I haven't had any issues.

Chealsey

February 12th, 2019 Smithfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The price offered is very competitive. Customer service answered all of my questions.

Alexandria

February 12th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is attentive to my problems, and are quick to help. The service is very responsive. I like how I can use the mobile app for it.

James

February 12th, 2019 Cedar Bluff, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can access the service at any time and any place. The garage door lift was not compatible with my trucks and cars. The would always answer my phone calls and help me out.

Chad

February 12th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service has a pretty good follow up. The price is good too. The best thing about Link Interactive is the ability for it to be expanded by me and not a subcontractor.

Brookli

February 12th, 2019 Mount Vernon, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service runs off of a cell phone connection rather than WIFI which is nice. Customer service has always been very responsive.

February 8th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Any time I had a question, I was able to get a quick answer from their customer support. I like the ease of use and integrated smart home. There's times that the doorbell will drop out or the camera.

dana fykerud

July 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is by far the WORST company to deal with. They system is cheap, it breaks, and is untrustworthy. I called numerous times last summer and it took them three days to respond! DO NOT purchase this system! Not only that they are making us pay for broken equipment for another year! (because that is what the contract was) This company is a total scam and to be avoided at all cost!

Diane Isbell

December 1st, 2017 Bedford, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We purchased this system at a home show from a very high pressure sale. That's our own fault for not doing more research to see that you can get the same home automation for much less money. The system works but we're now locked into paying the monitoring fee for THREE YEARS! There's no way out of their contract unless THEY want out of the contract. Since any home automation system lets you (or anyone else you designate) know immediately when a sensor has been tripped you can call the police yourself if you think it's needed. There's no longer any reason to pay a service for that. If Link Interactive was giving you the equipment for that three years it would be different but they're not. You're paying top dollar for the sensors. The Skybell video doorbell was part of our package and it was awful. Even with wifi extenders right next to the door and dealing with tech support for 2 months we finally were able to talk them into taking it back but we had to fight for it. I can not stress enough for buyers to shop around before making this decision and remember you'll be paying for it for THREE YEARS regardless of how technology changes in that time period.

October 30th, 2017 Scottsville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always just a call away and always calling to check when alarm goes off, so far just me forgetting to shut it off. They call immediately to check on me. That is a comforting feeling to know they call immediately!

Vicki Burton

February 9th, 2017 Brandon, MS

I'll be honest, the system was a little bit difficult to install, but their support team was helpful. Customer service has been wonderfully helpful. I am pleased with the home security and home automation.

Myron Green

February 9th, 2017 New Orleans, LA

We have link interactive for home security and I am very satisfied with it. It is easy to use, easy to install, customer service is helpful and attentive, everything works as it is supposed to... I am happy.

Harley Hunt

February 9th, 2017 Gresham, OR

The installation was very self-explanatory and easy. The home security system meets our needs and we are totally satisfied! There isn't much more to say.

Michael Woods

February 9th, 2017 Reisterstown, MD

I used to have another provider, but it was pretty outdated and the price was pretty high. I picked up link interactive and the price is much better than the other service that I had. The installation was very easy, and all of my dealings with the company have been very good. I am pleased overall.

Ryan White

February 9th, 2017 Ronkonkoma, NY

Link Interactive is a great security system. I am very satisfied with everything, and glad that i went with them.

Sean Malloy

February 9th, 2017 Natrona Heights, PA

I love that the monitoring is cellular based, I love that all the sensors are wireless, the 24/7 monitoring is so affordable, everything is awesome with these guys! Even the installation was easy. I did have a little issue with wireless connectivity, but we emailed and it got taken care of quickly.

Danielle Posillico

February 9th, 2017 Pompano Beach, FL

I wanted to increase the security in our home, so we got an alarm system. I would say that I am about 90% satisfied with their service. Installation wasn't seamless, but it was alright. And my dealings with the company have been very good!

Cary Inderbitzin

February 9th, 2017 Lakeland, FL

We have link interactive for home security. I am very satisfied with all aspects of this company. Everything is great, no complaints at all from me.

Dale Bowyer

February 9th, 2017 St Albans, WV

I had a really old system that was no longer functional. We changed providers and upgraded to link interactive. I would say that I have been very satisfied with their service.

Marisol Quiles

February 9th, 2017 Whitehall, PA

We just bought a new home and wanted to feel secure. We did research and found out about link as being one of the best. Installation was not so hard, everything was pretty good.

Neal Mehra

February 9th, 2017 Bellevue, WA

We just needed a basic security system, I guess so that we can feel more protected. I've been satisfied with Link interactive so far, everything has been simple for me.

Bernard Gorospe

February 9th, 2017 Woodland Hills, CA

We just moved to a new location and we were used to having the security of a gated community with a central security team, and now we don't have that. So we are cautious and bought a home security system.Everyone I have talked to with the company has been very friendly. I am not a technical person, but installation was manageable for me.

Denise BH

February 9th, 2017 Newburgh, NY

I just switched to from another security provider. I am very satisfied with the quality of the equipment and with my dealings with the company. One thing I need to mention though is that i was not able to install the equipment myself, I had to hire someone to do it for me.

Ganesh Virupakshan

February 9th, 2017 Hollywood, FL

I came across link interactive through online reviews. All of our experiences with them have been great, from calling the sales team to installing the system.

Randall Babish

February 9th, 2017 Greeley, CO

I don't like that you have to install the system yourself. And the sales team wasn't very helpful to me. I am also dissatisfied because I have more equipment to install.

Richard Hinshaw

February 9th, 2017 Dunn, NC

We live in a rural area and so this is a great idea for safety. So far i've been happy with the service! Installation wasn't bad, and customer service was helpful.

Rosie Canizales

February 9th, 2017 San Marcos, TX

Everyone that I have talked to has been very courteous. You do have to install the system yourself, but if you don't mind doing that then you can save a lot of money! I also like that you can just get the equipment you need, its not just a box product that includes all kinds of things you don't need. You can also add equipment later on. I really like that.

Stephanie Simigian

February 9th, 2017 Livonia, MI

We decided that we want a security system and decided that Link Interactive is the best choice for us. The company is easy to deal with, and installation was simple. I am very satisfied.

Anreas Raab

February 9th, 2017 Lafayette Hill, PA

I had a home security system, but it was expensive! So I looked for something where price and value were just right, thats how I found link interactive. The system is very easy to install, and customer service was excellent! Very knowledgeable. When I have questions they always walk me through them.

Thomas Prieur

February 9th, 2017 Winnie, TX

I needed a good security system for my business. Installing the equipment was very easy, and the company was helpful when I had questions.

John Jaensch

February 9th, 2017 Winchester, CA

I came across link interactive while doing research online. The salesman was excellent to deal with, the equipment installation was very good. What really set them apart was customer service.

Justin Doss

February 9th, 2017 St James, MO

We were just looking for a security system, link interactive has been great! I am completely satisfied with them and the equipment.

Kyle Fitzgerald

February 9th, 2017 Ogden, UT

I just really wanted a security system for my house to keep me safe. Its been great, everything was really easy to set up and it looks great. They were great, they had all the information I needed and it was really easy to get my system set up. Setup was really easy, it just took a few minutes to set up, everything was pre-programmed like they said it would be, so it was great experience. Everything was really nice, they're probably less pushy and most knowledgeable out of anybody I talked to.

Heidi VW

February 9th, 2017 Westminster, CO

Our neighbors were broken into, so I decided to get a home security system. Some of the things were harder to install than I thought but the costumer service were awesome. I recommend them.

Sondra RL

February 9th, 2017 Topeka, KS

The installation was better than I expected! I thought it would be more difficult, but it was pretty easy! I am satisfied with the customer service too.

Reshma Narayan

February 9th, 2017 Riverbank, CA

I just wanted home protection. Link has been good so far! The installation was actually pretty simple.

Richard Solomon

February 9th, 2017 Port Chester, NY

I talked to a number of companies and they were the easiest to deal with, and the friendliest. The price is just right. Installation was also very easy, no problem at all.

Heath Hitchcock

February 9th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

The company is extremely helpful. They don't get frustrated, they're friendly. I would definitely highly recommend them.

Sudipto Sen

February 9th, 2017 Morrisville, NC

Link interactive was professional and helpful, most of the things are easy to do but whenever I need help they were helpful. Overall its been a very good experience. The only issues I had was a temporary false alarm on a door sensor. It went off a couple times. I haven't called them back because I resolved it by myself. But other than that I have had no problems.

Mien Tran

February 9th, 2017 Orlando, FL

My cousin introduced me to link interactive, the equipment was easy to install, the price is good, everything is good.

David Helsing

February 9th, 2017 Tampa, FL

I just wanted a good security system and link interactive delivered. The service has been excellent, everything is working as it is supposed to.

HH

February 9th, 2017 Renton, WA

I went with Link because I just bought a home and wanted to protect it/my family. The service was quick, the sales team was easy to work with, the equipment is excellent and easy to install. I highly recommend them!

Rahul Bandaru

February 9th, 2017 Stilwell, KS

We actually bought a new home and we thought we need some security. I did a lot of research online, and Link is as good as it gets. I haven't had a lot of communication with them but I think so far from my experience has been really good.The system is pretty easy to use. So far, everything has been really good.

Walter Cole

February 9th, 2017 Jericho, NY

They were associated with Costco and recommended by Costco, I like that they provided the opportunity to do it yourself. I would say that I am about 95% satisfied with the system. The tech service has been very good, I am completely satisfied.

Ivan Markley

February 9th, 2017 Jim Thorpe, PA

I just want an alarm system for my house to protect my family. The system is very good for the price, and very easy to use. Everything is great!

Alexandra Robinson

February 9th, 2017 Albuquerque, NM

I was in need of a security system, and link interactive was very easy to set up. One thing that I would say is that for the price point, they're terrific option because you get the cellular service. If somebody were to cut the power lines or to cut the internet service you're still always going to have that security there.

Renard Washington

February 9th, 2017 Waldorf, MD

I have had a terrible experience with the system and the setup. I just which they could have a technician come out and install the equipment. The customer service is very nice though.

Howard Scharett

February 9th, 2017 Phelps, NY

I wanted to get a system to protect my property. Their system was very easy to install and easy to use. It was very user friendly.

John Tuttle

February 9th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

Simple system, easy to install, easy to use and has been very user friendly on their service side as well. I am very satisfied.

Dale Seifert

February 9th, 2017 Newburgh, IN

Having a home security company is important to me. I have been very satisfied with the product so far! The equipment and setup were great, customer service and sales team were also great. ITs been a 10-out-of-10 experience.