Guardian Protection

8.5

Philip Knox Troy, OH

Guardian was recommended to us by Ryan Homes. We had ADT in Maryland and that was a hard-wired system, but this is head and shoulders above. They installed the equipment before we got into the house, and it's great. I love the phone app. It lets us just turn it on and off while we are leaving or approaching the house. We haven't had to use the customer support; everything is going just fine. We haven't had any issues.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Thank you for being a Guardian Protection customer, Philip. We appreciate your business!

Chris Lloyd Middletown, DE

Guardian Protection was offered when we had the house built and we're new to the state so that was the only reason we went with them. We haven't had any problems yet. They called us to let us know that we had not turned our service on the first couple of nights that we had gotten it. They said they were checking in on us to make sure everything was fine.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Thank you for being a Guardian Protection customer, Chris. We appreciate your business!

Anonymous Clearfield, PA

Guardian was the company available at the time for the area of the residence that I wanted to alarm. I had some issues with one DVD/DVR security video recorder and it took a little while to get resolved, but it did and it works good now. With Customer Service I get answers right away. I don't get too much run-around, if any, and people seem to know what they're talking about, so I don't have any problem with that. I think it's a reasonable value.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Thank you for being a Guardian Protection customer. We appreciate your business!

John Stautzenbach Winchester, VA

I had Guardian Protection in Delaware, so I just called them when I moved to Virginia. I've only had one incident in all the years I've had them. My alarm was just going off at three in the morning on a school day and I called and they said they'd have to have someone call me back. I've got three kids sleeping here. I couldn't get it to turn off but I'm not sure why it was even doing that- a fault somewhere- so I just removed the whole keypad from the wall and called it a day, and they came back out and put it back up for me. That's the only problem I've had in probably twenty years. It works. the only problem is you've gotta swap out the batteries every now and then, but that's to be expected. They're a good company. They've been good to me, and when I have questions they're always able to answer, so I have nothing bad to say about them.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Thank you for being a Guardian Protection customer, John. We appreciate your business!

James Jones Taylor, TX

Everything was set up through our home buyer; we got our home through KB Home. Our technician was awesome- he was really good. He did what he was supposed to do, but then from the customer service aspect he had a good demeanor and spoke with us about a lot of stuff, so it was good. The equipment is easy for us to use and the phone application works really well.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Thank you for being a Guardian Protection customer, James. We appreciate your business!

Shannon Hurst San Antonio, TX

We just built a new house and Guardian Protect was the company that was at our design meeting. Their customer service is very professional, very polite, very attentive; they just call and check on you. We're pleased with the equipment. I think it's a little pricey, though, because I know other people with other companies pay around thirty dollars a month or thirty five, and we're paying closer to sixty, so we wish that was a little bit lower.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Thank you for being a Guardian Protection customer, Shannon. We appreciate your business!

Kimberly Lenz Guy, TX

We just wanted to go with a different vendor to try out and see how the customer service was compared with a different vendor that we used before. Good telephone customer service, just that we've had to reschedule installation three different times because the equipment was not mailed out, and the technicians did not have the equipment given to them. The equipment is on par with what we have experienced with other vendors so it's nothing spectacular. We'd like to see better communication between their sales department and the service department because again we have had to reschedule those installation appointments.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Thank you for being a Guardian Protection customer, Kimberly. We appreciate your business!

William Sommerville Amelia, OH

They were recommended by Ryan Homes, and we just purchased and had a new Ryan home built. We've been very pleased with them so far. We had ADT prior to Guardian, and we like Guardian services so far really well in comparison. They offer more; they have the Medical Alert and fire alert and I just feel like there's more security with Guardian. We just feel really comfortable with them. I would recommend them.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Thank you for being a Guardian Protection customer, William. We appreciate your business!

Srikant Lalichaty McDonald, PA

Guardian Protection was part of my our home construction agreement. I think I received the best customer service, and any time I had a complaint they were able to resolve it in a timely manner. After installing some of the sensors, however, one of those sensors did not work, and they were supposed to get back to me with the technician and I haven't heard back from them, but the customer service is pretty good.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Thank you for being a Guardian Protection customer, Srikant We appreciate your business!

Aisha Smith Upper Marlboro, MD

I got it based on the fact that it was pretty affordable. They have a very good customer service. They always make sure to follow up with you and there's always someone there to answer your calls and check in with you. The technician that came to do the installation service left me his card and number too so I could call him if anything happens. Their equipment is user friendly too, I haven't had any issues using it and it's very efficient.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Aisha, Thank you for being a part of the Guardian Protection family! We will work hard every day to bring you additional peace of mind.

May. 8th, 2020

Joseph Green Stephens City, VA

It was one of the options that my builder offered during the buying process of my home. The equipment itself is very easy to use, though I don't have any manuals or anything for the keypad if I need them. Customer service is a bit hit or miss for me. I had an issue with my doorbell when I first moved in and they took care of that. Recently though I had another issue with my bill. They charged me like $200 which is a cost that is rolled into my mortgage and it shouldn't be that much. They said they are fixing it now, so we'll see what happens.

Pratik Patel Hanover, MD

They were working directly with our builder, so it was really our only option in terms of protection. In general our service is good, though at the time we're still waiting for an appointment. We have issues with a big window and they've come to look at it twice already. Still, in general it's working fine and I haven't had any issues. I wish they had a more comprehensive listing of the equipment that you can get. When we got it they just gave us a list of the equipment that was compatible, that they wanted to sell to us. I think It would be easier to integrate some of the other items that they have if they gave you a list of everything they have. It would also be great if they could make it a little cheaper. I know it's somewhat comparative to some of the other companies out there, but it's a little pricey.

Robert Simpson Blanco, TX'

I got three recommendations so I went ahead and got Guardian Protection. Their sales representative was very thorough. The service and installation person was very professional and did the job very quickly and easily. It didn't take a whole lot of time to get it done. We've got a different system in the other home we have and we haven't been happy with the way that security unit functions. We're pleased with this one.

FancyNancy Durham, NC'

The protection is great I feel very safe in my home and I can always reach someone. The app however is not very functional. It''s always giving an error. I also notice I can''t panic from the app in the event I needed to. The app is very delayed and just not user friendly. Also Guardian charges a lot for basic things when they have to come out. If the system is not working that''s not the customers fault and as a part of the monitoring fee basic checks and repairs should be covered. The techs are amazing and knowledgeable. The 4 hour time frame is a bit inconvenient and they don''t have Saturday slots and it''s usually not a quick job so you have to make time. Overall it works, no system is perfect and I sleep well at night

Florence Rakich Steubenville, OH

I had another company that I wasn't satisfied with and since a friend had used Guardian for a long time I decided to call them up. They came here within a week and got it installed. The gentleman that came in was very courteous and explained everything to me. I have been very happy with the way the alarm works and haven't had any problems in the couple of months I've had it.

Bonnie Furr Columbus, OH

Our friend had it and was very pleased with it, so we decided to give it a try. Anytime we have needed them they have been very good about calling to make sure that things are alright. They ask if things were done the way we wanted and if we have any other needs. Their people are just very trustworthy. The gentleman that came to install the system was just the type of person that you knew you could trust. He knew what he was doing and made sure that things were done the way they were supposed to be done. We've had no problems so far and their price is also very reasonable.

Justin Hall Maryville, TN

Since they were our home protection providers in our old home we decided to keep them. The installer tech took extra time to make sure that everything was set up correctly. Everything was dealt with and the call center people have been extremely friendly and helpful. They've answered all of our questions and solved our issues. Equipment-wise, they are always updating or bettering what they have and it's also user friendly.

Rob Archacki Palmetto, FL

When the previous alarm system in the home went out we decided to swap for Guardian systems. The customer rep that came out didn't try to over sell the product to us and answered all of my questions. He was just very professional. So far everyone has been very responsive and have answered all my questions. Everything works great with the equipment and I haven't had any issues or false alarms so far.

Alfredo Tinoco Tampa, FL'

The previous owner had a contract with them and, since it was a good deal, we decided to just continue with the service. When we were having the system installed or reactivated, they came and missed me. There might have been some miscommunication since they came when I wasn't around, or maybe they called and I didn't get it, but that was a problem at first. Other than that though, we haven't had any issue, they have been excellent. Whenever the alarm is triggered they reach out to me and because of that I know it works perfectly. I'm not sure how the equipment works, but I've seen other similar companies offering VEO cameras and such, but I'm not really sure how they are different. I'm happy with the service and I think it was a good decision.

John Dailey Odessa, FL

The service was recommended by the company that built my house and my homes. They have done a really good job of following through with the information that I need whenever I call. When the house was being built, they came out and did a good job on the installation. They also followed up really well when I had problems with the texting features. The system works very well and the smartphone app that comes with it is very convenient.

Jasmine Williams Concord, NC

The service was included with the home when I purchased it. Actually, it was one of their suggested services for security, so I just ended up getting it. They have been very professional, they actually contacted me once I started to use the system. I was advised to give the system a grace period of 7 days an call them afterwards to let them know of any problems or errors. I was also offered additional training if I needed it. I only have the security system installed, the one with the surround sound. I still need to get the receiver to be able to transmit the sound myself, but that's one of the things I wasn't really told about when I was signing up for the service. I also wasn't aware that the contract was for at least 5 years. The sales person didn't really convey the message properly, so I wasn't very happy about all that. I wish they had given me more details about that beforehand. Still, since I only have the security system, it's pretty straightforward and easy to use. There are some features that I still have to wait for, I can't use them yet.

Katherine Kiger Charleston, WV'

They were the ones that called us first. I think we entered a raffle that one of their distributors organized and they got our number that way. We haven't really been in the contract for too long, just about a month or so. The person that came in to do the installation was very conscientious. We haven't had any complains or issues with the equipment, it all works fine. We have already recommended it to three or four people.

Mellaine Burns Bob White, WV

Nowadays you never know what might happen, so I thought it'd be a good idea to have it. They had an awesome deal that included fire alarms and I didn't have to worry as much about the cost. Even my little dogs are protected. The guy that came out here to install the system was an exceptional person and very kind. Both me and my husband talked to him and we really liked him. He did everything he could to help. He explained how to use our smoke alarms and explained things very well. I'm glad I have it, it makes me feel safer in my own home.

Michael Vandyke Rising Sun, MD'

We've had Guardian forever. My wife chose it because we had kids and she wanted to make sure that we were safe. They are really decent to deal with and, since we just divorced, they came out and changed the codes for me and everything. They were very pleasant and I didn't have to be put on hold forever. They've always answered my calls and any time I have a question they get me the answer. I think I'll be looking into upgrading some of the equipment, though I expected them to slowly upgrade the system as time went by. Turns out I have to pay for things to get switched out. Still, I've never really had a bad experience with them. They call me back which I find amazing since a lot of companies don't check on you. They are a great company.

Michael Ofori Fredericksburg, VA

I chose them since my builder and them had a package that was appealing. When they installed it they called me 3 times to check if the system was working ok and if I needed help with anything. They can usually deal with any problems that come up. Recently my wife messed up the system and I just called them and they walked me through how to reset it online. Everything went back to working perfectly after that. Their customer service is really priceless and invaluable. I haven't really had an occasion where I needed to use it, but we haven't had any issues with that.

William Pate Bel Air, MD'

We went with them since they were the best all around and they had a very reasonable price. Any issue we've had has been minimal and we just call them up and they take care of it immediately. They have been very professional and continue to call and check on us to make sure that we are happy. Most of the time with a service like this they never really call you, you are the one that calls to complain about problems and such, so I appreciate what they do. The software is very intuitive and gives us a great deal of flexibility.

Sharon Sherron Waldorf, MD

When I had my home built my this service was the one that my builder suggested. I guess they have all the alarms and packages and I liked what they had to offer. I thought they were all pretty good so I called them and got it. They came and installed the system and it took them a long time, about 6 hours or so. Still, they were determined to stay until everything was done correctly and in the end it was all very nice. I do think that the volume in the alarm is not loud enough, and I'd like it to tell me which door is being opened rather than just beep. That way I'd know if it's the front door, the side door, or the garage door.

Howard Clenney Ocean View, DE

It was offered with my home. As part of the package I got a surround system along with the security stuff. I also went ahead and installed a free wire when the house was being built since I thought it would be a good idea. So far I haven't had any issues and when they came in the installation was done quickly. They did the hook up and everything went smoothly. The equipment is easy to use and seems to work well. It could be a little cheaper, like $15 a month or so, but they do what I pay them to do and get a good service.

Corrine Marino 15068

The service was already installed in the house I'm renting, so I decided to go ahead and continue the service since it was already there. The gentleman that came to install the equipment was great and professional. Customer service has also been really nice. Everything has been easy to use and so far it has worked, I have no complains. It's also affordable.

Janice Olszewski Monroeville, PA

My parents are elderly and need my assistance, so I got this service so they could feel secure. I actually them in the past, and I was pleased with their performance and their vigilance in the security system. They've been good about calling, even if it's a minor incident, a battery, or anything that has to do with the alarm setting off. They respond immediately, and other systems don't always do that. I've noticed that a couple of my neighbors have different providers, and they don't get the same response I do. Our response is much better. I wouldn't go to any other system!

David Dietz McKees Rocks, PA

We have a big home and a lot of stuff, so we decided we better have some protection. I knew about Guardian Protection when the original owner first started the company. I'm very pleased with it. Their customer support people are very attentive, they pay attention to what you're doing, they're good. I'm very satisfied with my experience using their equipment in our home.

Judith Feldman Voorhees Township, NJ

Just knowing it's there is comforting. This house was pre-wired for service, so I just transferred the service I had from my other house here so it wasn't that there was a concern specifically for safety, other than it being a good idea in general. Customer support has been excellent. The few times I needed some assistance, either how to set something or to understand, they were very helpful. It's been a very good overall experience.

SR Bastrop, TX

They gave me a free trial for a long time, and everything was very positive. Their representatives were excellent and the equipment itself was absolutely fine. I've never had an issue with them. They were very responsive when it came to answering after the alarm triggered. When I wanted to change my plan, they were very flexible and gave a good explanation with a lot of the options they had. Definitely an excellent experience.

KUNDAN KUMAR Patna, BR

I like Guardian Excellent Protection level and user friendly I don't dislike yet any thing only suggest to maintain it's quality

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Kundan, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are honored to receive your five star rating and will continue to strive to deliver outstanding service to you. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Life is better when it's safe! Mary Lynn M. Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Jun. 30th, 2022

Kate Lutz, FL

BEWARE!! Theieves and scam artists!!! They make you sign a 5 year contract and its 750 if you want to cancel. They don't care if youre no longer in the house, if you got incarcerated, if covid made you homeless, if you got a terminal illness and have to live out of a hospital, etc. You could get this security system for your sweet grandmother and they wouldn't give 2 sh*ts if she passed away, they'd still make you pay them!! These people need to just tell it like it is and admit that they DO NOT care about their customers. They care ONLY about their money. Doesn't matter who you talk to they all have the same bs responses. The service is absolutely terrible on top of everything. Cameras consistently stop working or get disconnected from internet. I haven't even had my cameras working for 2 years now. I've just been paying them every month. For nothing. No service at my home, I'm just paying them month after month. They told me I have 2 more years of paying them month after month. I dont have 750 that I can give them so canceling is not an option for me. I spoke with a few people today to try to get advice and I couldn't believe that someone I know is paying half the amount I am per month and they only had to sign a 1 year contract with Brinks Security. Now I feel extra stupid that I let these people trick me into signing up for their service. Just awful!!!!!

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Kate, I am sorry for the frustration. I would like to get you assistance. Please email your account information (full name, premises address, phone number) to [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, Mary Lynn M. Customer Satisfaction Advocate

May. 6th, 2022

Lana Coleman Indianapolis, IN

I was very pleased with John M, the technician who came to install my services. He was very thorough in installing my equipment. He took his time doing the installation. John cleaned his work area and disposed of all packing materials and trash upon completion of his assignment. 😊

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Lana, So happy to hear that you found our professional technician to be thorough in his work and meticulous in his cleanup. Our techs undergo rigorous training to ensure a five star experience for you, our valued customer. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I will be sure and let our technician's supervisor know. Have a great day and thank you for choosing Guardian! Mary Lynn M. Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Mar. 8th, 2022

Matthew Westfield, IN

Meets all our needs, I can’t think of anything we would need. When we had an issue, they tech stayed on the phone after hours to make sure we got what we needed to get it running.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Matthew, Thanks for taking the time to connect with us. Our team is here for you! All of our technical specialists are Guardian's own, in-house U.S.-based employees and they love what they do. We're happy that this shows in the responsiveness and assistance we've provided to you. Thanks for choosing Guardian Protection . Life is better when it's safe. Mary Lynn M.

Aug. 19th, 2021

Anonymous Annandale, VA

Comparable to anything else I’ve seen. It gives me peace of mind. Their customer support has been very proactive about reaching out to us and being available for questions. It is the best value for the money.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi! I am happy to hear that you are pleased with our level of care and service. We try to keep things high quality and affordable so that everyone can enjoy the best in professionally installed and monitored home security. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Amy, Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Aug. 18th, 2021

Kyrone New Hill, NC

Customer Review Video

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Kyrone, Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We appreciate you being a Guardian Protection customer. Amy, Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Aug. 18th, 2021

Mae D. Dover, DE

Very satisfied with the service from Guardian. The technician was awesome! He installed the new system in a timely & efficient manner. He was very personable & made sure that I understood every step of the new system. He also informed me of the many different options that were available & other services available via Guardian. Overall I am greatly pleased with the service received today & am looking forward to the protection of the new service.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Mae, Thank you for taking the time to let us know that our professional technician was timely, efficient, and personable and did a great job of walking you through your smart home security system's features, benefits, and how-tos. Our techs undergo many hours of training so that they can deliver an outstanding experience to our customers. Thank you for choosing Guardian. We are honored to be your security partner. Mary Lynn M. Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Nov. 10th, 2021

Charlotte Gleba San Antonio, TX

Great service and security service Professional and knowledgeable install of equipment. Excellent on fixing or correcting any issues with equipment. Willing to assist in helping trouble shoot or explain services and equipment.

Jason Argyle, TX

I heard that Guardian Protection had really good response times, so I signed up with them. The technician installed things well and the equipment is good. It alerts me when things are happening. I like to access everything on my mobile phone.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Jason, Welcome to the Guardian family! We are honored to be your smart security provider. Our customers tell us they love the interactive features of the Guardian mobile app and being able to check on things when they are not at home. Thank you! Amy, Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Jun. 25th, 2021

Ife Wilkins Franklinton, NC

Ryan is just amazing. He is always there to answer any questions or put me at ease. Charles and Tim were both wonderful with getting me started with my service. My technician was also very accommodating and helped me to understand all the features. Thank you to you all!

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Ife, Welcome to the Guardian family! We are honored to be your smart security provider. I am glad to hear that our professional technician was helpful and took the time to make sure you understand what he did. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Amy, Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Jessica New Port Richey, FL

Everything has been precise as far as getting somebody to come out, walk me through kind of give me a tutorial, check on everything and call me within a minute of the alarm going off. We're not there right now and so it's nice to have that level of security that we know if something's off, we're going to be called right away.

Ashley Larsen Riverview, FL

I get a call every time the WiFi goes out even if it’s just for a few minutes which can get annoying but at least I know my internet provider sucks. I also wish there was a way to set up a delay for the alarm going off like my work alarms. I have set it off twice first thing letting the dog out and I died and came back to life both times when the alarm went off.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Ashley, Thank you for taking the time to connect with us. Our Tier Two Technical Care team can likely assist you by phone in suggesting alternative set modes on your keypad so that you don't have an instant alarm/ siren go off when you let the dog out. Please give us a call at 1-800-PROTECT (800-776-8328) anytime between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. EST, Sunday through Saturday. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Life is better when it's safe. Mary Lynn M. Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Stacy Bowie, MD

Everything seems to work well, but they don't seem to go above and beyond to appease the customer. There was an issue with my system from the sales representative and things that should have been done but weren't done and I don't feel like the customer service was helpful. They weren't willing to do anything, it was just this is what it is, and that's it okay, but there was an error made and it was like he just didn't want to hear or understand that.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Stacy, Thank you for taking the time to connect with us. We greatly appreciate feedback from our customers and this is what has helped us to become a reliable service provider over the past 70 years. If you will email me your account information (full name, premises address, phone number) to [email protected], I would be glad to share your experience with our department supervisors in sales and customer care so that coaching can be provided to those who served you. This will help us to strive to deliver the best possible customer experience. to you in the future. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Life is better when it's safe. Mary Lynn M. Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Sherrie Indianapolis, IN

I really love Guardian Protection. I like to see who's at my front door and that that is probably the best thing because you know I'm not going to answer it if its a scam again, no way, I'm going to call the police. It's easy to use, and customer service is so responsive.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Sherrie, Thank you for your positive feedback. We value you as a Guardian Protection customer. Amy, Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Daniel Little Elm, TX

I was surprised that they followed up with me when I guess my alarm grace period ran out meaning if my alarm went off they were actually going to dispatch the police without calling me and that was completely unexpected so I would say they have great customer service.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Daniel, I am glad to know that our Protection Specialists provided you with a rapid response. Our Five Diamond monitoring center never sleeps so that you can have the peace of mind that you deserve. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Life is better when it's safe. Mary Lynn M. Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Mar. 26th, 2021

Antwuan Irmo, SC

Best part of Guardian is the app. I can use my app away from home or in bed to lock my doors and set my alarm. The rest of the equipment is pretty good. It is really active. Support walked me through the whole process of setting up my camera.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Antwuan, Happy to know that you are putting the Guardian App to work for you! Definitely lets you be in control of your security, no matter where you are. Glad to hear that our Care team walked you through the camera setup process. The y love what they do and it shows! Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Life is better when it's safe. Mary Lynn M. Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Mar. 22nd, 2021

Anonymous San Antonio, TX

When we open the door, it will say the door is open and when we lock the door, it says the door is locked. I like it for the protection but I had a problem when they charged me 100 dollars when they had told me monthly was going to be 50 dollars.

Reply from Guardian Protection

Hi Anonymous, I am glad that you are enjoying the effectiveness and convenience of your system's door lock and notifications. That's great! It sounds as though you may have encountered a billing error on our part and if so I apologize. If you feel that your issue still needs to be addressed, please email your account information (full name, premises address, phone number) to [email protected] and I will escalate to our supervisor so that we can discuss with you further and get you further assistance with it. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Life is better when it's safe. Mary Lynn M. Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Mar. 16th, 2021