Fluent Security

6.7

Karen Vache Spokane, WA

Agent fully disclosed that they were not a part of my prior security company, but rather I would be going with a different company and would need to cancel my prior service. The installer actually worked for Fluent and was locally based. He made sure I fully understood how to use the system. Two days later my sales person showed up to make sure I was comfortable with all the features and that I knew how to use the app. He even brought a little gift as a thank you. No complaints here.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks for the great review Karen! Please let us know how we can ever be of assistance!

Feb. 18th, 2020

Terry

I was skeptical after reading the reviews, however I asked a couple of my neighbors who had Fluent for quite some time now and they all seemed to be genuinely happy with the service. The sales representative that came to my door was upfront and honest. Answered all my questions and gave me time to think about it. After doing some research and shopping around Fluent did offer me the best deal for what I was looking for. The equipment has been working great! Overall I am happy with my Fluent system.

Reply from Fluent Security

Glad to hear it Terry! If you ever need assistance, just give us a shout!

Feb. 18th, 2020

Chad graves Owensboro, KY

Nothing works properly. Our cameras don't work at all.

Dalton Roska

Don't answer their phones. Keep you on hold for hours

Diane Dixson Spokane, WA

Poor customer service and they lied to me about my contact.

Liz Dombard Columbus, OH

Have terrible, consumer unfriendly contracts

Larry Craft Columbus, OH

Your customer service and support are poor.

TREVOR BAKER

Terrible product knowledge - sold me a white elephant

rob Shelby, MT

Horrible system and impossible to get off contract.

Kevin

Poor equipment, poor customer service, expensive

Christy Dewalt

Poor billing practices, little attention to clients

Arnold Wiens

Some of the phone personnel are hard to understand.

Denise

No call back have items that don't work half the time

Marney Green Burnaby, BC

We had a fluent security system for about 7 yrs. A horrible company to deal with. Subgrade components. Everytime the power went out the system malfunctioned. Even after a supposed upgrade!When you tried to call to talk to a human the answers were always different. To try to get out of the "contract" after we sold our house was next to impossible to do. Do waste your money!!

Francis Courbron ,

I called Fluent because I wanted to cancel my security. They told me to email [email protected] to cancel which I did. I emailed them on December 4th asking them to cancel my plan and now it's December 8th(3 business days) and still no answer. I emailed them a second and third time as well. Can't wait to see how long I'll have to wait to get this horrible security sytem unnistalled. Horrible customer service: It's non-existent.

Kerry Gladstone

Don’t have landline anymore do system is useless and won’t cancel contract

Jacqui Molyneux

Hard to get a hold of and equipment isn’t user friendly

C Hamar

They have horrible customer service. Have tried to cancel multiple times.

Roger Devall

They don't update to today's standards for what we pay monthly.

Terry Yarnell

System does not work, is not reliable and customer service is bad

Jen

Too expensive for next to no equipment, not happy with the product or service

Christy

The system has not been working properly for 3-4 years

Jeannine Gauthier

We be had this security system and NO ONE Has been here to check things out,

Gillian Cousins

I find the system we have, the batteries die quite fast

Paul

not good technical advise about services when calling in

MB

Nobody answers the phone...always a 6 hour wait for a return call

Doris Stapleton

What sort of a company talks a widow in her late 80s to sign a 6 year contract?

Gary Owen

contacting them is very difficult, I hate calling them

Brian Becker

System not functional, unable to communicate with home office.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information to [email protected] so we can reach out to you?

Apr. 7th, 2021

Dianne M Lefebvre

Can not get ahold of anyone. have tried calling several times

Apr. 7th, 2021

Greg Lilley

No customer service - no follow through No service no service no service

MA High River, AB

Fluent is extremely difficult to cancel, and extremely unprofessional. We had a faulty system for 8 months, and the company indicated to us on the phone that it was okay our system showed as faulty on our end because on their end the system did not show this. They did not come to fix this problem despite our calls. When we tried cancelling it took over 4 days for anyone to get back to us through email, despite our daily phone calls. Any issues that we have had they have taken over 24 hours to connect with us. When they call during a work day, and you can't answer, trying to get back to someone is ridiculous and not possible. They have tried to have us pay the 80% to cancel the contract, despite them not fixing the issues with their system - therefore breaching the contract signed. What is the point of having a system that doesn't work correctly - having us have to bypass sensors to even set the alarm, defeating the purpose of the sensor in the first place. I have never been so disgusted with a company and their lack of customer service. This is a first for me to write a review. I feel it necessary for people to see the reality of what they could possibly be purchasing, and not take the perspective of how the company portrays their amazing service. Buyer definitely be aware.

Dwaine Barcier Cold Lake, AB

I've had different home security providers throughout my military career. I had the FLUENT system for about a month. Equipment wasn't installed properly. Scratched my door and broke existing door bell. System didn't work properly from day 1. Tech called to fix it over the phone. That didn't work. I also found out that our police force will not respond to a 1 alarm. They will respond to 2 alarms, or if the panic button is pressed. Customer service is horrible. We finally decided to cancel because we are not going to pay for a faulty system with crap customer service for the next 5 years. Because we didn't cancel within the 10 day period, Fluent wants $1900.00 cancelation fee. FOR A SYSTEM THAT DIDN'T WORK FROM DAY 1. So I am educating people in my area and on social media on the company's ethical workings and tiny print in the contracts. This is a company that should be shut down immediately. Do Not Sign on with Fluent. The only reason I gave one star is because I can't submit without it.

Marilyn Meridian, ID

I have been with them a little over a year, I am not at satisfied with the time in between the alarm going off and the time it takes to get a phone call to make sure your ok. And each time it is longer. It's not often it happens but hopefully it will never be anything serious.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello, we are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information to [email protected] so we can locate your account? Once we are able to locate your account we can send this information to our Monitoring Station to request they call out it a timeframe that works best for you!

Nov. 6th, 2020

ayodele ayanniyi Winnipeg, MB

I am very displeased with this company. People should be careful in dealing with their sales representatives. Sales rep was deceitful and please do not sign any document till you are satisfied with it. Their sales rep lied to me that, I have 10 days to test equipments to decide if okay to proceed and if not I can call it a quite with no fee. This guy deceitfully made me sign lots of things in a rush and even a video record. He lied to do a soft check on Credit card but he did hard check which affected my score. I refused to give him a void cheque when I started suspecting a foul play. From the day the guy installed the gadgets for test running, he has never returned to my house or even picked my calls.He lied about the rates, about the capacity of the system memory, he never told me there would be financing. I just got a mail after some days to make payment for financing. This was someone I told I could not afford $79 now added financing to the amount and altogether close to almost $100 per month. Very ridiculous. I told him from day one that I could not afford the $79 per month and lied if I have any lower deal from another company he would be ready to price match. I sent a lower offer from another company and did nothing. I called their office and promised to call back on many occasions but never did. They promised resolution team will look into it but never did. He also lied to me being a Canada version of another big security company that has been existence for a long time and flourishing in US. I see this as professional scam of the highest order. Please be watchful and do not fall into their trap

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. We understand that you have spoken to quite a few people regarding this situation. I have spoken with our Resolutions Team directly and they have confirmed they will reach out to you today via phone to discuss possible resolutions. Thank you.

FB North Las Vegas, NV

Had lost connection to my doorbell camera. The tech walked me through reconnecting it. It took a few different procedures but it is back up and working correctly.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review! We love feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Crushed Head Fallon, NV

Not at all what we expected. The sale person was friendly, but misled us and went so fast that we didn't know what we were doing till it was too late. We are elderly and they took advantage of that. We were under the impression that it was just an upgrade to our ADT system. We also didn't realize we were going to get a huge bill from from ADT for cancelling our contract. There is more but I am out of space. So now we are stuck with this scam outfit.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Typically if you send us the final bill from your previous provider we can review it and see if we can assist you with the buyout amount. Do you mind sending us your contact information along with that final bill from ADT to [email protected] so that we can look into this further?

lisa haight Saskatoon, SK

I tell you.... I had been with Vivant before this and had troubles with security inconsistencies. Now I am also having the same problems with Fluent. I thought they would be different, but really they are the same. They even use the same equipment but call it different names. (An agent told me it was the same supplier). So my garage door has been acting up. Issues keep coming up and staying on my phone no matter what I do to fix them. Constantly seems like a battery is running low..... Then there is my video system, which I was super excited about when we put it in as there are lots of break-in's around here. I imagined that would detour criminals and better yet we would get recorded on video for further examination. However, I had a break-in into my car two nights ago and the video didn't notify me. Now I have to search through every minute that hasn't happened yet. They won't return my calls when I get told they will get back to me within 24--48 hrs. Everything I have asked to be done since the very beginning of the contract has either been delayed due to incompetence. (Had to have the handy man come back twice to fix the camera - using my tools) When they say things are reset, they aren't!!! I'm tired of having hand hold this company to do their job.!!!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Thank you so much for working with us so that we could get a Technician scheduled for you to help you resolve these issues. If there is anything else we can assist you with in the meantime, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 855.238.4826, or to email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Steve Kiser Winter Haven, FL

I sold my home. I found out it actually sold 5 days before our contract self renewed. I was told by our sales rep that it did not self renew. I now regrettably know why they hurriedly have the sales rep put you on a recorded line to say you have understand the contract. It seemed odd at the time. I even joked about this and sure that is recorded. Now they want me to pay 3 years to end (compete new total contract cotst). They have no early termination fee. They only agreed to reduce the fee to 80% due on my BBB complaint. I have reached out to the president Graham W and CEO Kimberley B as one cant get a manager on their customer service or resolutions team. For a company that offers per Graham’s words “unparalleled customer service”. It’s more like slavery to a contract that they want you to pay to death. Avoid at all costs

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. However, I'm happy to see that we were able to work with you and get this resolved with you. If you have any questions for us or need anything further, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 855.238.4826. Thank you!

Kathy Akron, OH

They have a quick response time. Polite people to work the calls. The customer service is wonderful. They take their time to answer all your questions. Today Michelle was amazing in all aspect, answering questions, getting papers I needed and setting up a repair call.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Kathy! We love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 15th, 2020

Donna Cary Reno, NV

Michelle talked me through a Bypass procedure. I have a faulty overhead garage door sensor that was pre-existing. Rather than pay for the expense of replacing it right now, I elected to disarm it. She gave me the information to temporarily bypass it but then gave me another way to permanently bypass the faulty sensor. Michelle was extremely professional and made sure I had the sequences written down.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Donna! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 13th, 2020

CURTIS NIELSEN Los Angeles, CA

Awesome product and product support. Trevor was an educated and helpful sales rep without being pushy. I needed technical help to solve some issues and Amanda was super helpful and friendly. If all technical support people were as awesome as she, companies would lose very few customers.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Curtis! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 8th, 2020

Ron Ashmore Meridian, ID

The sales rep and Installers were amazingly pleasant, clean, and efficient. I needed help and was able to chat with a representative named Bridgette. She was very knowledgeable and took care of my online account issues. Her patience and kindness are appreciated!

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Ron! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 1st, 2020

Michelle Tate Edmonton, AB

I love calling Fluent because they are always happy to help and there is never a long wait time when I call. Bridgette was very helpful in guiding me through the process of accessing my online account and also helped guide me through making the necessary adjustments.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Michelle! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 24th, 2020

Barbara Peters Alder Point, NS

I like this company because it keeps my home and family safe. I get messages when I know the alarm is set and disarm. I can now sleep because if anything happens the alarm will let us know. I have nothing bad to say about this company . Kasandra and the rest of their team are very understanding and a lot of help.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Barbara! We love feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 22nd, 2020

Stephanie Howse ,

We became fluent customers in 2019. The previous alarm company had a flood sensor that was supposedly working and didn’t alert us to water in our basement. So we had a flood and had $30000 in damages. We switched to fluent , who used the same flood sensor from ADT, said it was working. I had an alert Monday eve around 7. I called customer support who said they did not have the flood sensor in the monitoring system. We tried to add it unsuccessfully. I was very upset by this, as we thought we were protected from a potential flood but were not. I spoke with a lady Diya, she was great and sent us a free sensor( was worth $150}. I want to thank her, she was very professional and understanding. This has changed my opinion of fluent, so hoping their customer service continues in the manner as Diya performed.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hey Stephanie, We'd like to make this right for you and get a new sensor sent out. We were unable to locate your account by just your name. Would you mind sending us your address, and we'll get this looked after right away!

Apr. 15th, 2020

Abe A-Q Maple Ridge, BC

Sam was extremely friendly never gave me an issue I like when I can call in and feel like you guys understand me much better then talking to a voice message I had a great experience keep up the good work fluent Def will be sticking with you guys.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Abe! We love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 8th, 2020

Alicia Bergman Sarnia, ON

We like the customer service! They pick up the phone quickly and the person on the other end is always more then helpful! one thing I don’t like is that a lot of the times our camera does not pick up things. “Husband gets home and it doesn’t pick up him in the driveway, but the next time he leaves it does” as an example!

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you so much for your review, Alicia! That is so great to hear about our agents! The camera sensitivity can be adjusted if it doesn't pick everything up that you would like it to. If you give us a call at 855-238-4826 when you have a few minutes we would be more than happy to help you with that. Thank you for choosing Fluent!

Mar. 24th, 2020

Fernand Thibault Saskatoon, SK

So the service is great. Just spoke to Amanda who completed my requests quickly and effecently with only a short interruption to gather more information. I thank you for the service. The only complaint would be that I was not able to send an email to the address given on my brochure. www.fluenthome.com Do you have a different address?

KMLatson Dallas, TX

I spoke w/Tyler in Te h Support. He resolved my issue . He patiently walked me through troubleshooting steps and as I got frustrated he remained calm and helped me along the way. I love Fluent and I am grateful for the company. Thank you!

Mar. 13th, 2020