Fluent Security

6.6

Jessica

Security is great. Equipment is junky. Takes a long time to send techs to fix faulty equipment

Judith Wysocki

They have given me good service when I called for help fixing my alarm system

Margerite Mortemore

Service when I phone them and they solve my problem quickly

Kelly Collver

Have been prompt to help me regardless of the problem.

Fluent does not cancel contracts when you want them to. They keep charging even after you have wrote a letter requesting cancellation.

Petra Hoffmann

I feel this company could do a better job in getting a hold of its customers when things are not working properly.

Kathleen Reif La Junta, CO

I would really like to give them no stars, my panel has been beeping for two weeks now, I have listened to a robot, a lady texting a have called the person who sold this piece of crap that is suppose to be security, but I have none because it’s broken and no one will come to fix, but, they sure get there money....

Niki Still Calgary, AB

The security system did not work. Customer Service was horrible. I had to call repeatedly and the issues and set appointments were never document nor did they attend the meetings. Staff were condescending and my entire experience was horrible when I was looking for help in a serious issue.

Marney Green Burnaby, BC

We had a fluent security system for about 7 yrs. A horrible company to deal with. Subgrade components. Everytime the power went out the system malfunctioned. Even after a supposed upgrade!When you tried to call to talk to a human the answers were always different. To try to get out of the "contract" after we sold our house was next to impossible to do. Do waste your money!!

Johnny rotten Amhertsburg, ON

Technical support is awesome to deal with!

Kay E Wheeler Elgin, TX

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE OF FLUENT!! If I could give them no stars, I would. This is a terrible company. Very very deceptive business practices. DO NOT get roped into a contract with them or you will never get out of it. We signed a 36 month contract with them on September 7, 2018. Then over the course of the next year they sent a contract to me and said that I had not signed everything properly. When I read the fine print, it was an updated contract that would have locked us into and ADDITIONAL 5 years! When I called them out on this, the customer service guy was so ugly to me. Then we were told that to cancel the contract we would have to pay a portion of the contract that was left. A "portion". Not the full amount but a portion. We opted to wait until we were in our last year of our contract and when I called today to cancel and pay the "portion" that they had previously stated that I needed to pay, they informed me that I had taken an "installation phone survey" and in that survey had agreed to a 42 month contract. That never happened. Somehow, they are not able to retrieve my original contract OR the recording of the phone survey. SCAM SCAM SCAM. I have never dealt with a company that has so many different stories, shady actions and deceptive business practices. BEWARE OF FLUENT! I am now in the process of filing a formal complaint with the State of Texas Attorney General's office. I am done playing their games. How many other people have they done this to? How many more will fall for their lies? Please don't be one of them. What a headache this has been.

MA High River, AB

Fluent is extremely difficult to cancel, and extremely unprofessional. We had a faulty system for 8 months, and the company indicated to us on the phone that it was okay our system showed as faulty on our end because on their end the system did not show this. They did not come to fix this problem despite our calls. When we tried cancelling it took over 4 days for anyone to get back to us through email, despite our daily phone calls. Any issues that we have had they have taken over 24 hours to connect with us. When they call during a work day, and you can't answer, trying to get back to someone is ridiculous and not possible. They have tried to have us pay the 80% to cancel the contract, despite them not fixing the issues with their system - therefore breaching the contract signed. What is the point of having a system that doesn't work correctly - having us have to bypass sensors to even set the alarm, defeating the purpose of the sensor in the first place. I have never been so disgusted with a company and their lack of customer service. This is a first for me to write a review. I feel it necessary for people to see the reality of what they could possibly be purchasing, and not take the perspective of how the company portrays their amazing service. Buyer definitely be aware.

Dwaine Barcier Cold Lake, AB

I've had different home security providers throughout my military career. I had the FLUENT system for about a month. Equipment wasn't installed properly. Scratched my door and broke existing door bell. System didn't work properly from day 1. Tech called to fix it over the phone. That didn't work. I also found out that our police force will not respond to a 1 alarm. They will respond to 2 alarms, or if the panic button is pressed. Customer service is horrible. We finally decided to cancel because we are not going to pay for a faulty system with crap customer service for the next 5 years. Because we didn't cancel within the 10 day period, Fluent wants $1900.00 cancelation fee. FOR A SYSTEM THAT DIDN'T WORK FROM DAY 1. So I am educating people in my area and on social media on the company's ethical workings and tiny print in the contracts. This is a company that should be shut down immediately. Do Not Sign on with Fluent. The only reason I gave one star is because I can't submit without it.

Marilyn Meridian, ID

I have been with them a little over a year, I am not at satisfied with the time in between the alarm going off and the time it takes to get a phone call to make sure your ok. And each time it is longer. It's not often it happens but hopefully it will never be anything serious.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello, we are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information to [email protected] so we can locate your account? Once we are able to locate your account we can send this information to our Monitoring Station to request they call out it a timeframe that works best for you!

Nov. 6th, 2020

ayodele ayanniyi Winnipeg, MB

I am very displeased with this company. People should be careful in dealing with their sales representatives. Sales rep was deceitful and please do not sign any document till you are satisfied with it. Their sales rep lied to me that, I have 10 days to test equipments to decide if okay to proceed and if not I can call it a quite with no fee. This guy deceitfully made me sign lots of things in a rush and even a video record. He lied to do a soft check on Credit card but he did hard check which affected my score. I refused to give him a void cheque when I started suspecting a foul play. From the day the guy installed the gadgets for test running, he has never returned to my house or even picked my calls.He lied about the rates, about the capacity of the system memory, he never told me there would be financing. I just got a mail after some days to make payment for financing. This was someone I told I could not afford $79 now added financing to the amount and altogether close to almost $100 per month. Very ridiculous. I told him from day one that I could not afford the $79 per month and lied if I have any lower deal from another company he would be ready to price match. I sent a lower offer from another company and did nothing. I called their office and promised to call back on many occasions but never did. They promised resolution team will look into it but never did. He also lied to me being a Canada version of another big security company that has been existence for a long time and flourishing in US. I see this as professional scam of the highest order. Please be watchful and do not fall into their trap

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. We understand that you have spoken to quite a few people regarding this situation. I have spoken with our Resolutions Team directly and they have confirmed they will reach out to you today via phone to discuss possible resolutions. Thank you.

FB North Las Vegas, NV

Had lost connection to my doorbell camera. The tech walked me through reconnecting it. It took a few different procedures but it is back up and working correctly.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review! We love feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Crushed Head Fallon, NV

Not at all what we expected. The sale person was friendly, but misled us and went so fast that we didn't know what we were doing till it was too late. We are elderly and they took advantage of that. We were under the impression that it was just an upgrade to our ADT system. We also didn't realize we were going to get a huge bill from from ADT for cancelling our contract. There is more but I am out of space. So now we are stuck with this scam outfit.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Typically if you send us the final bill from your previous provider we can review it and see if we can assist you with the buyout amount. Do you mind sending us your contact information along with that final bill from ADT to [email protected] so that we can look into this further?

Jamel Burgess Topeka, KS

Customer service is very helpful when you need to talk out an issue.

Chris Wright Calgary, AB

Handled my question well and in a great manner

Audrey Milam Decatur, GA

Good customer service from Viola. She was very pleasant.

Kim Compton Salt Lake City, UT

OMG, I thought I'd wipe of my screen and Oops set off the alarm but couldn't get the panel to reset. Called Fluent...Amanda took care of it and walked me through the "clean mode" THANKS Amanda, you're Awesome!

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Kim! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 20th, 2020

Camille Cleveland, OH

All my needs were met .I was able to change my payment method also make payment arrangements and get a discount this is a great day thanks to my representative she is amazing👏

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Camille! We love feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 13th, 2020

Wendy Carstairs, AB

We had another power surge which disrupted the sensor monitor. Michelle guided me through opening and resetting the panel. She was super patient and got the job done. Thank you Michelle 😊

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Wendy! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 6th, 2020

Jerry Ellis Seattle, WA

Fluent has been johny on the spot when it comes to questions or alarm problems. Like the voice communication on my alarm pad to talk with someone when there is an alarm activation

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Jerry! We love feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 6th, 2020

Margaret Shope Springfield, OH

I just got Fluent And I needed to ask a question. So I called and got a lady her name is Kasandra and she answered my question ... She was very nice and explained everything to me in an amazing professional manner ..

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Margaret! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 29th, 2020

Joe murphy St. John's, NL

Customer service is great. Was speaking to Mykel h today with support, and he was a big help. Customer service seems to be a thing of the past, but this guy was great to deal with

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Joe! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 29th, 2020

Ross Red Deer, AB

I was having issues logging on to fix a payment issue. Bridgette was so awesome on the online chat! She took care of everything. It was very convenient. Really happy with the service she provided. Thank you!

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Ross! We always love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Nancy Sparling Twinsburg, OH

I needed an insurance certificate for my homeowner insurance company and Sarah was able to complete my request within minutes. She was so very pleasant and thorough. I was very pleased with your customer service.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Nancy! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Amanda Dow Chatham, ON

They are very easy to talk and are not the type to feel pressured to buy a new product from them. They try to relate to their clients as much as possible and are very easy going people.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Amanda! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

bill collings ,

The Tech Support agent, I dealt with today was very knowledgeable and interested in helping to resolve my issue. He tried several approaches to program a new replacement unit and finally decided to order a new unit. No charges. The item that was sent earlier would not work with my control panel. I felt valued and respected by this staff member.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Bill! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Robert Moses Omaha, NE

The fluent alarm company always helpful when I call with any problems and the customer service people are always polite and they always get me to the right department for whatever problems I have so I would recommend fluent alarm to anyone that would want a good home security.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Robert! We always love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 17th, 2020

pat olchowski Englefeld, SK

She was very helpful and knowledgeable.. I switched from landline to cell phone so system probably not connected for a month. Is it possible to send out a system test say once a month

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Pat! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Regarding a monthly test, if you are set up with a cell phone system now, you may already have that monthly test set up. If you are unsure or just want to double-check, please don't hesitate to give us a call! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 17th, 2020

Elizabeth W Nampa, ID

When I had Fluent install my home security system it was such an important step. They were responsive, efficient and professional. We got exactly what we wanted and more from a security company.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Elizabeth! We always love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 10th, 2020

Larry Heon Cut Knife, SK

The agent I got was very professional and polite and was well knowledgeable out the product and able to help me out I wish all agents were as polite and helpful and delightfully to deal with

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Larry! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Bianca Asselin Windsor, ON

The service I received today were excellent! Kasandra was able to address the problem. She did so in a polite, courteous and timely manner. She was also patient with my explanations. She provided me with clear directions.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Bianca! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

TRACY TENNYSON Pittsburgh, PA

I'm satisfied with my security system . The customer service always takes Care of any questions I have and today Ms. C was very professional and polite. Thank you for your service be safe and have a great weekend

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review! We love feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Stay safe and thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Heather N. Eugene, OR

Michelle was incredibly helpful assisting me in getting additional camera installation set up. She also helped me trouble shoot my door lock. Fluent has always been pleasant to work with!

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Heather! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Jackie Jones Lethbridge, AB

I’m very happy with this company because it has offered great customer service and of course a great security system. My only dislike is that the panel doesn’t not display who is at the door when someone is at the door.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you so much for your review, Jackie! We always love feedback from our customers, especially on things that can be improved! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home, and have a wonderful day!

Apr. 1st, 2020

Sandi Chestermere, AB

I am so grateful that Bridgette from Utah, helped reconnect my door camera, and helped log again. So pleased with her patient and helpful attitude. Was much anticipated with a kind person.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Toadette, We are happy to hear you had such a great experience with Bridgette! She is a great addition to our team and we are happy to have her! Thank you for being a part of Fluent. Have a great day!

Mar. 24th, 2020

Amber Snow St. John's, NL

My only real complaint is that there's no option for the doorbell to chime through the panel as opposed to the old doorbell which I can't hear with the entryway door closed. And there's a fair bit of lag getting a notification pop up on my phone. Other than that it's been positive

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for the review, Amber! If you have a few minutes to give us a call, we would be more than happy to help you troubleshoot with the notifications on your app. Thank you for being a part of Fluent!

Mar. 24th, 2020

Joel Doan Indianapolis, IN

The technician that I just spoke to was the best experience that I have ever had with this company or any other tech support that I have ever spoken to in any company. Absolutely the best!

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review! Feel free to give us a call if should you need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Mar. 12th, 2020

Jb Selkirk, MB

I like the company. It's been working well for me. The only thing I think is weird is that the thermostat is battery operated. I talked with Diya today and she was very pleasant and helpful.

Mar. 12th, 2020

S Connolly North Battleford, SK

Amanda was helpful in ordering us a new carbon monoxide detector. I like the system but have to wait 2 weeks for the new monitor to arrive. I have a backup monitor not linked to the security system thankfully but I’m not overly impressed to have to wait that long.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review! We're sorry to hear that you're having to wait 2 weeks for a shipment. Typically, we guess that equipment ships and will arrive in 2 weeks, however, it's not always that long. Feel free to give us a call if should you need anything in the meantime! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Mar. 2nd, 2020

Dean Schmeichel Calgary, AB

I recently bought my business an My representative solved my problem and saved me a $900 charge that had been inadvertently charged to my account. She took the necessary time and care to make sure I was treated fairly.

Sumit

The worst customer service ever. The technician that comes to your house never fully explains the contract and the terms. They rush you in to signing documents on scene and he sits there when the customer service calls to ensure you say yes to everything. The technician will tell you that the company will take all the equipment away if you cancel the contract or having difficulty paying a huge amount every month. Then later you find out that you own this equipment which is useless for you as it’s only compatible with Fluent. When you try and talk to the customer service they tell you that now if you want to get out of this service and return the equipment you have to pay 85% of the remaining contract and do absolutely nothing to resolve any of your issue or add anything to your service. They swear at you on the phone and threaten that you will be charged for anything and everything that you request done to your system now on. The rep that came to your house to install the equipment and sell you the service takes days to return your call. They basically just want to dump this equipment on you and say it’s free and then later in the service say now pay or we will send you to collections. Very rude customer service people. I will not suggest any one to sign up with them as they are a rip of company. The online app freezes a lot and shuts down in the middle of alarming the system. Shop with other companies before you even sign up with this company.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Sumit - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Cheryl Denver, CO

So far, I like the company. When my battery in the monitor was low and beeping, they helped me turn it off and told me what battery to get. Then they help by phone to install the battery. They called several times to make sure everything was alright.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Cheryl! Thank you for the review! We're sorry we're getting back to you so late - Fluent just recently discovered .

Troy Allen Sandy, UT

I switched to Fluent after Protect America overcharged what they promised me. I couldn't be happier with the service provided, the price and the system they installed in my house.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Troy! Thank you for the review! We're sorry we're getting back to you so late - Fluent just recently discovered .

byllierae szwetz Shaunavon, SK

Mandy P was phenomenal to work with to solve my problem

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Byllierae, Thank you for leaving a positive review, and thank you for being a great customer! Fluent

Aug. 11th, 2021

Amanda W Saskatoon, SK

Mandy P handled my request professionally and timely!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Amanda, Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for being a great customer! Fluent

Aug. 11th, 2021

Susan Rutherford Dayton, OH

Response time is a little slow on the phone.