Fluent Home

7.3

Anonymous Salem, OR

Was not pleased with equipment as it continually was compromised. Finally gave up on successful repairs and disabled it. I want the fee discontinued as a monthly payment for equipment I can not, will not use.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello, I am sorry you had a bad experience. What can we do to correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Claire Walliman Hillsboro, OR

Every time i have had a problem or question, someone has solved the problem/answered question

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Claire, Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to write this review, allowing others to see what you love about us! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!

Thomas Wudkevich Calgary, AB

My experience has not been good. We had a fire and our security system was destroyed.. After one year the still have no solution. So with that in mind I cancelled my service which has no expired. Three months later the are still taking money. Despite me not wanting to talk to the resolution department they will not cancel until the resolution department reviews my account. So I am now paying for two security companies.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Thomas, We are sorry to hear you are dissatisfied and about the situation with the fire at your residence. We pulled up your file and see that we spoke to you several times regarding your situation, and we provided you with several options. We had let you know that the cost of your equipment would be claimed under your insurance claim. Unfortunately, we did not receive any documents from you. Your written request to cancel was received in February, and your account will be closed by the end of the month. Thank you!

Mar. 7th, 2022

A Stacey

4 hours agoNEW Theives! DO NOT EVER USE FLUENT! EVER! this company is terrible! I have an email confirmation from December to cancel my account. I've been told several times now that I'm cancelled with them. STILL getting billed every months ( 3 months straight now) and email and text alerts about their products. their customer service is a nightmare and the products they give for security are low end. As well as forcing me to provide batteries for all the devices at install time. DO NOT use this company they just want tonstealnyphr money and provide minimum to no services! terrible !

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello A Stacey, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love the chance to turn this into a positive experience for you! Please feel free to call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Mar. 3rd, 2022

Kris Andreae Melfort, SK

DO NOT use this company!!! We CANNOT get rid of them. They have sent us to collections after over 6 months of of trying to deal with our account, that they transferred to new home owners. The new owners didn't sign a contract, but Fluent provided them service and billed them anyway!!! They are trying to hold US responsible! DO NOT get involved!!!!!

Reply from Fluent Home

I am so sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and I am truly sorry that wasn't demonstrated to you. While we'd love the opportunity to regain your trust. I have created a task for an agent to contact you about this situation.

Apr. 18th, 2022

Susan Makinda Atlanta, GA

GOOD LUCK TRYING TO CANCEL! I have had a horrible experience with this company. When you sign a contract, they make if almost impossible to cancel even when your contract expires. I am om Week 3 calling customer service to cancel and they keep saying someone will call you in 3-5 days but no one calls. I have nevee seen a company that will keep charging despite numerous calls asking to cancel. This is unethical and there are many others out there that are having the same issue. Let me cancel my serivice Fluent! Never seen a company with such practices.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Susan, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love the opportunity to turn this into a positive experience! Feel free to call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Jennifer Prescott, WA

I signed a 5 year contract. In the fine print it says it automatically renews. Be careful! My system doesn't even work because it's too old. The 3G technology is going away. They won't let me cancel my contract unless I buy it out. So basically, I'm paying $60 per month for a useless system. They said I had to pay an additional $700 to get a working system until my contract runs out with no exceptions. Wish I had never got roped into this terrible company. They get ya for life!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Jennifer, I am sorry you had a bad experience. As for the 3G we are trying to reach out to all our customers as fast as we can to get this upgraded. We would love the opportunity to turn this into a positive experience! Feel free to call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

chris Lloyd Lexington, KY

They took advantage of my 75yr old mother and sold her system while she had ADT. They promised to pay off ADT, but did not. She paid ADT 400.00 to end contract. 1 year later she was placed in a nursing home out of state and then 1 more year later her home was sold. Fluent at first cancelled the contract BUT then reversed course and decided not to cancel. They continue to auto deduct money from her account which will be zero in 2 months. They are only concerned with money I would not recommend this company.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Chris, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to discuss and correct this for your mother. Please feel free to call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!

Yolanda Lindo Stockton, CA

Poor customer service and customer support, faulty equipment, I am a paying customer right now but can not get anything resolved. My alarm was triggered and had my neighbor to check my house and Fluent rep called an hour later.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the frustration when having issues with equipment. We would be more than happy to help in any way that we can, please feel free to reach out to us by phone at 855-238-4826 or by email using [email protected] and any agent will be happy to speak with you. Thank you!

Angela Karsky Hargill, TX

Their equipment installation is terrible. They lie to you. They do not let you get out of your contract even after you complete your part.. automatically renewed even though I had contacted them multiple times. Automatically for 3 years!! When I talked to the people to cancel before my contract was up, nobody said my cancellation had to be in writing.. They gave me a phone numbers and email addresses but nobody said that.. slime of a company. ..

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand your frustration in a situations such as this. However, the automatic renewal is something that is written into the signed agreement and is available for a customer to review. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact by phone at 855-238-4826 or by email using [email protected] Thank you!

yash sharma Milton, ON

I have been a customer for 4 years, and I'm on month-to-month billing. I called up a few times to upgrade my system and reduce the cost of monthly charges but was never considered by the company. I have signed up with another security company now and Fluent is giving me hard time canceling my month-to-month contract after repeated phone calls and emails with a written request to cancel my services. It seems to be a money grab situation. Highly Disappointed. Will never recommend. them to anyone

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience, we are sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand your frustration in a situation such as this. There is unfortunately a process that we are required to follow in reference to the termination of an account. If you would still like to discuss this process further or any other questions or concerns you may have, please feel free to give us a call at 855-238-4826 and any agent would be happy to speak with you. As well you can reach out to use by email using [email protected] Thank you!

Eunice Wanjiru Peguis, MB

I had a great experience with Fluent until I had to suspend my service while I was renovating my house. They made my experience a living hell. They kept charging my credit card for 7 months that I didn't use their service. They played the cat and mouse game and FLUENT told me to talk to API and API told me to talk to FLUENT. Long story short I got frustrated and cancelled my service. Customer service long holds on the phone line are quite frustrating too. For a company that charges so much you'd think they will have better customer service. Please STAY AWAY.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the frustrations with a situation such as this. It does appear that we have sense had the opportunity to speak with you and take steps to resolve this issue. If you would like to further discuss this, please feel free to give us a call at 855-238-4826 and any agent would be happy to speak with you. Thank you!

Abby Atkinson Denver, CO

Fluent has great customer service and an amazing service! I’m so happy to have a home security system I know is reliable.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear that you have had such a good experience with our service and staff. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Dec. 7th, 2021

Ernest Dawson Saskatoon, SK

Excellent response by Dave when I called with concern about panel. His sense of humour and confidence in Fluent equipment was clear to me.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Ernest! Thank you so much for your review! If you ever need any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 855-238-4826. Thank you again for your review!

May. 18th, 2022

Mia Hicks Ellenwood, GA

Bradley is a rockstar!! He was very patient and he resolved my issue very quickly! I would rate him 10 out of 5 stars! :)

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Mia, Thank you for the 5 star review!!!! We will make sure Bradley knows they were mentioned! Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Thank you again for the amazing review!!

Mar. 22nd, 2022

JamesP Vancouver, WA

i have had nothing but a appsolute night mare with this compony i am disabled d got there panic alarm chain incase i fell we have the who system but the only reason at all my hubby got it for us manly the reason was for the panic allarm incase he wasnt home but the whole system has nvr worked at my house they sent out a teck once but still didnt work had to disconnect it infact as it wasnt qorking at all kept going off alll hrs of the night and day wakeing my toddler up and the panic button nvr works my hubby has been trying to cancl it 4 three yrsrd told me 3 months ago was reasured by the rep that she put in a request to cancle and if canclelation department would contact us if they need anything otherwise it was cancled 3 mounths later i get a bill so hubby called they said renewed my contract it has nvr worked at all and the cusomer survice agent yelled ay us litterally i wouyld appsolutely nvr recomend this company im dissabled and now have 225 that i owe because they w8ted so long to let us know i would never recomend this compony it should b illigal to say one thing and do another

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello James, I am so sorry you had a bad experience. We would love the opportunity to turn this experience into a positive one for you!!! Please feel free to call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Mar. 8th, 2022

Candice Putnam Red Deer, AB

I would leave zero stars if I could. We are not bound by a contract and cancelled services on August 24, 2021. There is a 30 day cancellation period, during which time one more payment would come out, which is understood and expected. However, payments are still coming out (four in total so far since cancelling) and we have contacted this company NUMEROUS times by phone and email, each time whoever we communicate with claims they can't do anything but the "Resolutions Team" will be dealing with our cancellation. I am fed up with this, this is the absolute worst customer service that I have EVER experienced. I would not recommend this company to anyone (in fact I will be doing the opposite to everyone I know). We just want to CANCEL these services that we do not want and are not using, and we expect to receive three months in payment back (though I'm sure you will make that such a nightmare too that we will eventually give up).

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Candice, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to be able to turn this into a positive experience for you! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!

Nov. 30th, 2021

Luke Chastain Evansville, IN

If I could give them 0 stars I would, first off they are liars and steal your money if you want to end your service. Even after your contract has ended. They would not transfer the current security system to new owners of the house after the new owners agreed to take over. Fluent made them get new equipment and start a new contract. After I finished paying for the rest of the 5 year contract they continued to take money out of my account. After numerous attempts to reach a manager (only way to cancel) with no return phone call I had to close my bank account. A lawyer is the only way to deal with this company.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Luke, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to correct this for. What can we do to turn this into a positive experience instead for you? We would love to correct this for you. Please call us at 855.238.4826 so we can discuss your account further!

Nov. 27th, 2021

Mindy Upper Salmon Creek, NB

Terrible! Their equipment does not work and then they want u to pay to replace it because they only cover their products for 90 days! It takes two months to get a tech out and then there is nothing they can do unless u contact fluent to get new equipment and then they charge u 100 dollars every time they send someone and the wait time to speak to someone from fluent is foolishly long! I got this system after my husband passed and they said my house was secured...I didn't know it wasn't until someone came into my home when u wasn't there and walked around for a half hr without the alarm going off! Turns out no motion sensors were ever installed! And they have me in a five year contract that they will not let me out of no matter how poor the service is!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Mindy, I am so sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!

Nov. 17th, 2021

Mike Drescher Calgary, AB

We were with Vivint when Fluent took over. They took over all the existing equipment, except for the door bell camera. When the carbon monoxide detector went they wanted to charge us $300.00 to replace it. We had several problems with the door cam. Door bell kept chiming off, was always off line. Trying to get through for customer service was a joke. When you did they told you support would contact you. The never did. We sent an email stating we want to cancell our services in June. They sent an email back stating our contract ends Nov 24. They said nothing was in writing. Contacted them in mid October after sitting on the phone for ours trying to get through. Gal said someone from the support team will contact us. NOPE. No one. Got ahold of them a few weeks later be and tell us they need 30 days notice to cancell, even though they have our email back in June. Now they want to charge us till Dec 10th for the 30 days. They have very poor service and their is no customer service. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are very sorry to hear that is has not been a good one. We can certainly understand you frustration in a situation of this nature. Unfortunately, in reference to the carbon monoxide detector and any existing equipment, we are more than happy to assist in any way that we can to resolve the issue but we are not able to replace existing equipment under warrantee as it is not equipment that we installed. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to give us a call at 855-238-4826 and any agent would be happy to speak with you and answer any further questions you may have. Thank you!

Nov. 14th, 2021

Joycelyn Harris Penticton, BC

Well over a year ago a 2 person team sold this service to me. They were to be my contacts if I had any issues or problems with equipment or service. Several months later the system stopped working. I tried to call this 2 person team but could not reach them. I called the company and left several messages. At one point I call d and left a message for them to come and get their defective equipment and provide me with equipment that works, and reimburse me for several months I have been without security. I called several times no call back. Eventually I got thru to an employee who advised me that because I live in what they call a Rural area, they don't send a maintenance/repair crew out until they have several customers who need service in my area. At that point I told them they have breached their contract with me and I want a release letter sent to me and for them to pick up their equipment. It has been over a year now since their equipment worked and they still keep billing me for security service they are not providing me and they just sent me a Final Notice for $113.00 Nov 10 2021.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Joycelyn, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? We would love to discuss your account with you and reach a resolve with the current issues you are having. Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Nov. 10th, 2021

Brian Haddow Dawson Creek, BC

Mandy was persistent, patient, kept going with different alternatinves/solution until we solved the problem- 3 hours later. (Counting wait time) Thank you!!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Brian, Thank you for the 5 star review!!!!!! I will make sure Mandy knows she was mentioned! We do apologize for the wait time but glad you got the help with an amazing agent!

Meriam Barnuevo

If I could just give 0 rating that's what they deserved. It's been 3 months that we are trying to cancel our contract but until now they haven't cancel it. This month they cannot get anything from our bank account because we have to stop the payment through our bank. Customer service didn't wanna give the contact number to cancel they contract l, they said we have to wait for their call and it's been 3 months now. Why do we have to pay for the services that we don't even use, we already signed up from other company that's why we wanted to cancel our contract from them. I do suggest to other people out there please don't sign up for them because when it's time to cancel they won't let you out from the contract. Please don't waste your money on this company

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Meriam, I am so sorry you had a bad experience. How can I correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!!

Michelle Earl Edmonton, AB

They are very courteous and professional. There are even some technicians who have a sense of humour and have been able to make a situation more pleasant. My only concern is the long wait times at this point in time.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Michelle, Thank you for the amazing review!!! We are happy to know our agents were polite and able to help you resolve your issue. If you ever need assistance again please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!!

Oct. 27th, 2021

Robin Ballantyne St. Albert, AB

I have been a customer for many yrs and can say customer service has really been horrible, I called to speak to someone in technical support and I had to leave my number for a call back which took over 1 hr Then called to speak to someone about our service since my contract is coming up well I had to be transferred but then was told no one would answer so the lady I spoke to said she put my number down for them to call me back, 2 hrs later still waiting, didn’t realize so many are calling in to speak to either technical or to speak to customer service to have to wait this long to talk to someone

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Robin, I am sorry you had a bad experience, We love to turn this into a positive for you. Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!!!

Oct. 27th, 2021

Leo Pilon Spruce Grove, AB

Mandy P was great. First person to take the time to go through the system, find out what was wrong and actually fix it. Wish I could deal with her every time I call Fluent.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Leo, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! I will make sure the agent knows they were mentioned! Thank you for sharing what you enjoyed about your experience with us. If you ever need us please call 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!

Marg Taylor

Generally it takes too long to have your call returned or answered but lately it’s gotten a little better as I understand they Have hired more call-center staff. Today’s technical support person was very helpful and perseverance and tried numerous things to get numerous issues at two houses dealt with! Thank you Oliver!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Marg, Thank you for the amazing review!! We love hearing how are staffed have been able to help our customers!!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!!

Alma Beaudry

This is my third communication with Fluent. I posted about the deceptive practices Fluent door to door sales used to trap my sister (who has cerebal palsy) into signing a contract by saying her other contract was up. They had her sign on the representative's phone app WITHOUT EVEN TELLING HER WHAT SHE WAS SIGNING - THERE WAS NO PAPERWORK. I posted a review and someone responded asking how to make it right. I told them to cancel the contract and to contact me. NOBODY EVER CONTACTED ME - once again - very poor follow through. It is just lip service. Fluent WILL Not CALL US BACK and is ignoring our calls. We plan to take legal action.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Alma Beaudry. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. How can we make it right?

Steve Knotts Dallas, TX

The Tech that I just had was the first in over a year to help with our issues with the system and took the time to figure out the problem and get it fixed

Reply from Fluent Home

Hey Steven Knotts. We appreciate the 5-star review! Thank you for choosing Fluent!

BLAKE JONES Lehi, UT

FLUENT is as shady as they can get. DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THEM WHATSOEVER; they are very deceiving and manipulative and liars. I was a customer for 3 years, I had to keep paying for their service that never worked. I then tried to cancel multiple times, because we are building a new home. dont need any service. But only would ever get the resolution team, but the final time calling they told me it was too late and it auto renewed. I would have to pay the full bill. I kept my end of the bargain by paying for 3 years for a service that never worked. I blasted them on every review site, While then I still have been paying for a service im not even using. I called In august because payments werent going through, so i figured maybe they did the right thing for once and canceled. Waited on hold for 30 minutes for a rep to tell me couldnt find my account then finally did and told me it got canceled. I then today got called saying im 2 months past due, wont cancel the guy wanted to argue with telling me to read the contract they have best customer service and he will be sending me to collections if i dont pay. WHAT KIND OF COMPANY ARE YOU? JUST TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE. I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL ITS CANCELED

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Blake Jones. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. What can we do to make it better?

April Votaw Rockwall, TX

Such a dishonest company. They ignored my no soliciting sign which I decided to not be upset with because I was looking to change companies anyways. The technician arrived 1 hour past the time he was supposed to come which was already late in the day, around 9pm. I asked if he could reschedule but he was leaving the state the next day. The whole process was very rushed. The technician did not check my door sensors (which turns out the type I had are not carried by this company so now that i am having reports of low battery, the company can not change it but instead has to charge me for new door sensors.). In addition they are changing me for a technician to come out (all of this could have been avoided if the technician would have checked in the first place.) I also just looked back at the information they had given me which intrigued me about the company because the salesperson said he would personally follow-up the following week to see how the system is going, which he did not, also the pamphlet says that they check up 1 month, 6 months, and 1 year after initial setup which they haven't. It is printed in the pamphlet that they do this and that do not so it is misleading and false information. The consultant I spoke to today though was fantastic and very kind but her hands were tied on how to help me as she didn't have the authority to waive fees. I cannot wait to cancel this company!!!!!!

Reply from Fluent Home

I am so sorry you had a bad experience. Please let us know how we can make this right? Feel free to call us at 855.238.4826. We would love to help resolve any issues you may be having with equipment. Look forward to hearing from you!

Shawn Underhill Sydney, NS

I had to sell my home and called Fluent to see about canceling my monitoring contract , expecting that I might have to pay maybe a 3 month cancellation penalty. The representative on the phone was not willing to work with me to resolve this issue. Told me I was locked into the contract. What reputable security company doesn’t allow a contract to be ended when a home is sold? So… the home was sold, I still have access to my account and the Fluent app on my phone, I can control the security system in the home, unlock doors, turn off alarm, etc., even though I no longer live there. And they are in the security business??? My bank account is still being debuted monthly for over a year now, even though I no longer own the home. I’m thinking of going to a news agency to bring public exposure to this sham of a company.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Shawn so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. What can I do to make it right? Where you offered a transfer of ownership? or transfer of address? We would love to hear from you please call us at 855.238.4826.

Doris Tambasco Sherwood Park, AB

This company is not customer Oriented at all. We have had an issue with my mothers alarm for since 2018 we have been trying to work with the company to get the alarm in working order as well. That has been uneventful and trying to cancel the contract that DOES NOT have my mothers signature on it. It is in the same hand writing as the rep that apparently hooked her for another 5 years. My mother elderly 82 has been hooked by this company for 9 years and they refuse to let her out of her contract. The sales reps or customer service reps just read their que cards and don't even listen. I would recommend not using this company and absolutely if you have an elderly person do not allow them near the property without someone else in attendance.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Doris I am so sorry you had a bad experience. I would love to help make it right! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We are looking forward to hearing from you!!!!

Kathia

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!! From pressure sales, to lies, not returning messages. to hang ups when we did get through, there was nothing honorable about these people. It took over two months to get them to remove equipment from our home even though we did everything as outlined in the contract, to cancel within the 10 day grace period. Even now, months later I find out they have changed their name and continue to withdraw payments from our bank account. I hope after the bank investigation they get charged with Fraud. Don't feel just because there was a stop payment put in place, you are finished with them. Be diligent. I will never recommend this company to anyone I know. Kathia Edwards

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Kathia I am so sorry you had a bad experience. What can I do to make this right? Please feel free to call us at 855.238.4826. We would love to turn this into a positive for you!

Stephanie Jurina Edmonton, AB

No stars, but had to click at least one. Horrible service.!! Called 2 months in advance to get alarm sensors reinstalled bc getting new doors and frames installed and wanted to give ample notice. They said no, call a week before. Soooo, I called a week before to schedule bc they said that was all the notice they needed and when I called the week before I needed they could not fulfill the date. They gave me a later date AND then didn’t show up for the date scheduled!!! Schedule again and the tech doesn’t look at what he needs to do, just says the wire is broken and he can’t reinstall. The wires are behind the base board….so he never even saw that they were intact and in perfect condition!!!!!!!!!!! Don’t show for scheduled service, give false info, tech inadequate and lies in write up. Makes us look stupid. Been 2 weeks without alarm working and now they can’t have someone back till Aug 20 to reinstall, if the tech shows up and capable of drilling 2 holes. Ughhhh…. Stuck in the contract unless I pay 80% of owing amount. Monthly payment x years left in contract. DO NOT HAVE THEM AS YOUR SECURITY PROVIDER. They will say sorry sorry sorry till blue in the face, but you’re stuck unless you pay out the thousands to cancel. Fine if you don’t have to deal with them, but look out when you call in. Managers will not call you back, or take a call. I waited on hold for 40 minutes and on hold again for 30min!! What kind of service is that????? Customer service 0% Technicians 0% Managers 0%. Sales guy 100% for sucking us into this

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Stephanie Jurina. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. Please feel free to call us at 855.238.4826. We would love to help find a resolution!

Jason Wilson Calgary, AB

NUMEROUS phone calls and some emails, as well as a written letter sent requesting cancellation. The company agreed to stop payments for the last few months of the contract and to terminate said contract. Now they will not terminate the contract as they "have nothing on file" regarding cancellation. I want OUT but they keep charging me. We are at the END of our contract but they will not cancel. I just want my payments refunded and out of this company. Incompetent installers. Had to school one on his product another had a massive toolbelt he kept scraping against freshly painted walls, even AFTER I said something. A suspected break in took over an hour to respond to via a contract company they use. Incompetent agents not using the "talk button" properly when trying to communicate via control panel. Lost 2 days wages and made two 350 km round trips because they went to the wrong house. A FIRE ALARM took half an hour to respond to by a phone call... luckily it was just kitchen smoke Told it was cancelled, told an email was sufficient to ensure cancellation...both lies. Won't support failing products. I could go on

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Jason Wilson. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. Please reach out to us at 855.238.4826. We would love to help find a resolution.

Matty Halifax, NS

This company works hard to ensure their customers are satisfied. Mandy P worked diligently with me to ensure my security camera was back up and running! Thank you Mandy!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Matty, Thank you so much for writing us a positive review, and thanks for being a great customer! Fluent

Aug. 11th, 2021

Tawny Pereira Windsor, ON

I have been with Fluent for over 5 years now and for those 5 years I told my friends and family they were an excellent company. Recently I tried to cancel because we haven't used it in so long, and it has been a long running joke for 6 weeks. First to get though as an existing customer takes hours, then after speaking with someone for a half hour of repeating no thanks I want to cancel, she then says ok you will get a call back from another dept in 4 days to cancel. I didn't get that call for 3 weeks. He gave me an address to send a letter of cancellation with a signature, and it had to be sent snail mail. I have been billed twice since I started the process. there was also an incident a few years back that I needed help logging back into the app and the customer service rep logged me into someone else's cameras, and it took me days to get through to fix that.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Tawny Pereira. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. Please reach out to us at 855.238.4826. We would love to help find a resolution.

Tracey Mealing Regina, SK

I am 100% giving this company 0 stars (had to give it at least 1 star to submit the review), they have been nothing but a a huge headache to deal with. We sold our property in April 2021, and have spent the last 3 months trying to pay off the account and terminate services. Little did we know, only a Retention Specialist could send us the pay off request. We advised him that we were not interested in moving the system, and that the new owner didn’t want it either. We finally received the payoff invoice 2 weeks later. I call to give them payment, only to be asked if we had sent a Termination Letter( first I had heard that we needed to). She then transfers me to billing, and then comes back about [email protected] mins later to inform me that “billing is gone for the day, I will send them an email to call you”. Meanwhile, I already wrote up my termination letter and emailed it to them, and the notice that they got it. I call back the next morning to speak with billing and was told, after waiting on hold for 58 mins total, that only 1 billing person can take my payment, and she isn’t in, but “i left her a message to call you back”. I asked to speak with a manager, to take my payment, was denied. I think maybe all these people should have a checklist of information that every single customer calling is informed of, because the system they have right now is unbelievably not customer centered. I would in the public, if I was this bad at my job, or my whole company was this bad at customer service, I would be fired. I would absolutely never in my right mind recommend this company to anyone at all.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Tracey Mealing. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. Please reach out to us at 855.238.4826. We would love to help find a resolution.

Kimberly Novak Lexington, KY

I had an existing alarm system, when Fluent stopped by, we discussed lowering my bill. I signed up with them for that purpose. Through talking with the sales rep, I decided to add the doorbell camera and the medical necklace with the understanding that it would be $20 a month for six months for the equipment and $41 a month for the monitoring. I agreed to that. I received a bill two weeks later and it was $1200. I called Fluent and have been unsuccessful in getting clear answers other than I owe the money. It took me two calls before a representative gave me the breakdown on what I was paying for. I have tried to cancel the service and was told it would cost me more to get out of the 5yr contract then what the current bill is.. I am beside myself and extremely frustrated at this company.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Kimberly Novak. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. Please reach out to us at 855.238.4826. We would love to help.

Jeri Stephan Las Vegas, NV

I was very impresses with my tec today who fixed my door bell. She was Mandy & she was very very nice & fun to talk to. She did a very good job on my door bell.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Jeri, Thank you for the 5 star review!!!!!! I will make sure Mandy gets Kudos for the service she provided you!!! Also thank you for sharing with us what made you smile. Thank you again for the amazing review!!!!!

Shawnta Decatur, GA

This company is the worst. Their Systems does not work most if the time and their customers service is awful. I had issues with this company since this was installed in my home. When I call in for tech support you be on hold for the longest to only get a rep that can log the call and take down a time and date for them to call you back. Then when you get your call back it is not at the time and date you gave them so not home to trouble shoot. Give them a new date and time you may or may not get that call back then. The system goes offline at least 4 times a month. I don't even call anymore I just reboot the system. And this is not due to my internet connection because everything else in my home stays connected with no problem and upload and download speeds are great. Tech came out to my home told him there was a 3+ minute delayed response in my doorbell notification. He fixed it test it and it worked a week later it is back to a 3+ min delay. Had the system for 3 years called to canceled was told someone will call me back and to give them 5 business days. It has been 8 days still haven't heard from no one.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Shawnta, I am sorry you had a bad experience, How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!!!

Nancy Lautner Saskatoon, SK

If I could give them zero stars I would. We had a home security system through AlarmTek and renewed our contract with them in 2014. At some point AlarmTek was bought out by Fluent. In the intervening years we had zero communication from them. In December 2020 we decided to cancel monitoring services with them. That's when it got "fun". Both my husband and I tried to get through to them to find out how to cancel our contract. At first we were told that we were on a month to month and we could just cancel. Then we were told that the contract we were in had a 2 year auto renewal and there was no option for us to get out of it earlier. We didn't have a copy of the contract so we asked them to send us one and were told that they couldn't email it to us for privacy reasons but would mail it to us. The contract came in the mail and there was nothing in there about the 2 year auto renewal. I called them again and, surprise, now they could email it to me since they hadn't mailed all the pages and the auto renewal clause was on the page that hadn't been mailed. We were frustrated by their lack of service and I told them that we were going to put a stop payment on funds pulled from their company until we got this figured out. So what did they do? The next time they pulled funds from our account it came from a different company name. January 20 we finally got an answer from them that we needed to send them written cancellation. I asked if we needed to send something signed by my husband and I or just email would do. I was told that email was ok so I sent it. The next day I received an email saying that we needed to send a signed written cancellation. Fine - we did that. We received notice from their department that they received the cancellation and they gave themselves 30 days to respond. At this point I had put a complaint into the Better Business Bureau because we were getting no answers from the company. In mid February I finally got notification through the Better Business Bureau from Fluent telling me that my written cancellation had been received and advising me what my payout amount was. The company also said that once they received the payout amount my account would be closed. So I sent a copy of their letter to me along with a copy of our written cancellation of services and a cheque by registered mail. I checked with them after a week to ensure that they were going to cash the cheque and saw it go through my account the next day. What happened next was that they sent me an invoice on March 1. I contacted them and they apologized and said that they would reverse the invoice. At this point I had lost all trust in the company and closed the bank account that they were withdrawing funds from. And a good thing that I did. They attempted to withdraw funds for the March billing and then sent another invoice on April 1 and again tried to withdraw funds. At the time of writing, April 23, we are being told by the company that their "resolutions department" is working on it and will be closing our account the end of the month. We'll see if that happens or if they'll just continue to invoice us for a service we're no longer receiving and have paid out in full. The incompetence of this company is unbelievable. Do not give them your business unless you want the worst headache when it comes time to cancel them.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Nancy, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Jared Suffolk, VA

Terrible security company. The customer service is non existent and they are usually rude. The equipment is alright initially, but starts to fall apart after a year. We’ve been having issues with our system lately and they have yet to fix the issue. They’ll be quick to get you locked into a contract (3-5) years, have a technician come out and install the system, but don’t expect to hear or see from them ever again. If something is wrong with your system, you’ll pay a service fee to have a tech come out and “fix” the issue and their equipment does fail often. Do yourself a favor and choose anyone but Fluent. We are just riding out the remaining time before we can get out of this contract. Even considering buying out the last couple of years we have left because we despise them so much.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Jared, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love the opportunity to turn this into a positive experience for you! Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Oct. 26th, 2021

Bruce Gunn Squamish, BC

Worst company I have ever dealt with. After 3 years I asked to cancel the contract. They said I could temporarily stop the service and not be charged so that if I ever needed it again, I could start again. Then 6 months later, they started charging on my Visa card again without asking me. I called and said to cancel but they kept charging on my Visa. I called again and they said I had to cancel in writing by email but they gave me the wrong email address. A month later, I got the right email address and cancelled again. They still didn’t cancel and said I had to sign a letter and send it to them. By then, that Visa card had expired. They wanted a new Visa number. Finally they offered to waive half the payments if I paid half. So to get rid of them I paid $150 on a new Visa card. As soon as the payment through, I called Visa and cancelled that card so they couldn’t add more payments. Sure enough they sent another bill for another month. Finally I got another letter that they wanted their equipment back and there would be no more payment required. This company is completely ruthless and unethical.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Bruce, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? We would love to hear from you! Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Nicholas Kyryliuk Toronto, ON

If I could provide a zero rating I would. I live in Ontario Canada. This company is the worst to deal with. The lengthy and negative comments you read about them is the same experience that I have had. I sent a UPS letter with a tracking number to cancel the service and paid the entire contract. Even though that occurred, they still withdrew money from my account, along with taking my money to pay off the contract. When you call to speak with them (a Canadian calling an American company by the way....) they are never receptive, or at other times never reachable at all! Their hours are deplorable and never available for resolutions on the weekend. This company is a farce to deal with and steal your money. They are very negligent in their practices. Please do you due diligence before handling any contracts with this company.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Nicholas, I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We would love to hear from you!

Deidra C Saskatoon, SK

We signed with alarmtek in Saskatoon over five years ago. At some point they sold our contract to fluent, with out notification...well let’s just say how deceitful this company is. We went to cancel at the end of our contract and we were told that we were too late and automatically signed up for another 3 years. Initially when we inquired about canceling we were told that at the end of our contract we automatically flip over to month to month and that we could then cancel anytime. Lies lies lies. Now our system is too old and not working properly so we are paying a fee every month for nothing. They will change everything to new for us if we sign for another 5 years. Piss off fluent.., my recommendation to anyone wanting to cancel, get your cancellation letter in by registered mail so that they can’t dispute receiving it!!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Deidra. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We would love the opportunity to turn this into a positive experience! Please give us a call at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!

darren tracey Spruce Grove, AB

I subscribed to fluent for security for my business for over a year. Since installation the cameras did not work properly nor did they record on the allocated server. Since then i have tried to cancel for poor service prior to the cancellation period and is left on hold or told to bad, the contract is a contract. Well, now I have had significant theft from the camera coverage zones twice with no way of viewing the thieves or leading to arrest or recovery. The service at fluent is horrible and i would not recommend anyone using this service. I just called again to day and was on hold for a very long time. I run two significant businesses and i never make reviews like this. If I ran my business this way I would be out of business. I am forced to continue the subscription for the remainder of the 3 year term with no real security and will be forced to purchase another system in conjunction with the Fluent System to ensure the safety of my assets. I cannot stress enough. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY for commercial use. I would even question residential given the service culture here.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Darren, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? We would love to hear from you, please give us a call at 855.238.4826. Thank you and look forward to hearing from you!

Gary Nuke ,

I made a initial call and request to cancel my service on January 4th 2021 and I was told was going to have to be extended another 36 months because I have missed the cancellation date. My mother and I have tried numerous before this and no answer. The BOY Mitchal who answered and said we couldn't cancel until the next available cancellation date for $2,600 in the middle of a pandemic.Prior to the year 2020 we have tried calling to cancel as well and was told we have to wait a year to cancel but was NOT informed that if we do not call 30 days before the next payment is due it will automatically add another 42 months, which is what the same BOY who said we will have to owe 2K just to get out of this alarm system is a SCAM!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Gary, I am sad to k now you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? We would love for you to call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Kay E Wheeler Elgin, TX

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE OF FLUENT!! If I could give them no stars, I would. This is a terrible company. Very very deceptive business practices. DO NOT get roped into a contract with them or you will never get out of it. We signed a 36 month contract with them on September 7, 2018. Then over the course of the next year they sent a contract to me and said that I had not signed everything properly. When I read the fine print, it was an updated contract that would have locked us into and ADDITIONAL 5 years! When I called them out on this, the customer service guy was so ugly to me. Then we were told that to cancel the contract we would have to pay a portion of the contract that was left. A "portion". Not the full amount but a portion. We opted to wait until we were in our last year of our contract and when I called today to cancel and pay the "portion" that they had previously stated that I needed to pay, they informed me that I had taken an "installation phone survey" and in that survey had agreed to a 42 month contract. That never happened. Somehow, they are not able to retrieve my original contract OR the recording of the phone survey. SCAM SCAM SCAM. I have never dealt with a company that has so many different stories, shady actions and deceptive business practices. BEWARE OF FLUENT! I am now in the process of filing a formal complaint with the State of Texas Attorney General's office. I am done playing their games. How many other people have they done this to? How many more will fall for their lies? Please don't be one of them. What a headache this has been.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Kay. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. How can we make this correct for you? Please do not hesitate to call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!