Fluent Security

6.6

Gail Vaughan

The company always answers any questions we have when we call them

Pat Shea

More expensive than my children's systems and the new door bell camera is useless. It may or may not work.

Monty

After being with them for one contract and the equipment was paid for, I moved to different company for better cameras and was forced to pay for a second contract

Andre T

Not good service at all your camera system sucks the alarm itself sucks always on hold forever they love to get new customers but once your customer they forget about you

Jonathan Edwards

Equipment seems to fail often. I have a shop and house the controllers dont communicate very well . Equipment goes out of date quickly.

Dorothy

Always there and ready to help and answer any questions you may have

Ronald Firth

I tried to upgrade my unit and it was not a pleasant experience. It was finally upgraded.

Edward Henry

They try and assist where possible. The companies technical service team is excellent.

Lorraine

Fast phone calls when alarm goes off due to not turning off alarm.

Brian Hearns Houston, TX

Had an issue with doorbell camera. Worked with me via chat, and stayed on until problem was resolved.

Diane Imler Westland, MI

Ashripa done a great job.She explain everything to me and I like that.Glad I had a chance to have she helping me out.

Roni Muench Saskatoon, SK

These people departed from AlarmTek and were not allowed to disclose the fact they departed. As a result many customers are no longer under Alarm Tek and are paying more money. A lawsuit is likely in the process. My rate went up without any communication. I cannot get hold of anyone - it is disgusting.

Braden Bell North Battleford, SK

A very pushy/disrespectful Fluent sales rep just was at my door. I told him twice I was not interested in their service due to my financial situation. Then on the way out he sees my dog and proceeds to ask what his name is? how long I've had him? Do you love your dog? Then with a nod and a smirk asks what my dog will do in a fire? Trying to make a sale on someone's emotions after being told twice that I am not interested. Shady sales tactics and just downright disrespectful.

Renee Collignon Bloomington, IL

Worst possible company I have ever been involved with. Wont answer calls, had a break in and had to call police myself. I can’t say for sure, I don’t believe anyone was monitoring my home. Still wanted me to pay 80% left on contract, I said I’m not paying u anything for the nothing you provide. Dealing with them (was and is still ongoing,) the worst experience of my life. If I could give a minus star I would. I don’t usually do reviews, but be mindful, they only want your money.

Tony D. Wabasca-Desmarais, AB

Ordered and paid for outdoor camera ($499.) at initial installation. Never received or refunded even after many phone calls, etc. Cancelled our service after approx. 7 years of mediocre service , by written letter yet Fluent has continued billing, now for more than a year.. receiving continual threatening letters. Have contacted them numerous times yet no end to the harassments! One of the worst Security companies out there! Steer clear to avoid all the headaches I have gone through!! This company is a complete scam...

Susan Henshaw Saskatoon, SK

Absolutely terrible alarm company. Faulty equipment with non existent service department. Can’t reach anyone to discuss. When I cancelled contract was threatened by manager( said our account would be ‘ targeted’). Keeps sending invoices when I want to pay to get out of contract and still they can’t manage this. Wouldn’t even take faulty equipment out of our home. All started when equipment malfunctioned and took over one hour response time! Beware they do not protect your home. Use local like Sask tel or Telus as at least you get service with them.

Casey Richards Brisbane, QLD

Hidden contracts for ridiculous lengths of time, and 80% cancelation fees. Absolutely criminal! Terrible customer service when dealing with faulty sensors and panels. They refuse to send repair men out to assist you with any technical problems, and expect you to do everything yourself. You're paying $50 a month for no actual services. Even when the alarm is going off in your house while you're away, they fail to even send the police over to check on the place! What am I paying them for? Complete waste of money.

Nicholas Kyryliuk Toronto, ON

If I could provide a zero rating I would. I live in Ontario Canada. This company is the worst to deal with. The lengthy and negative comments you read about them is the same experience that I have had. I sent a UPS letter with a tracking number to cancel the service and paid the entire contract. Even though that occurred, they still withdrew money from my account, along with taking my money to pay off the contract. When you call to speak with them (a Canadian calling an American company by the way....) they are never receptive, or at other times never reachable at all! Their hours are deplorable and never available for resolutions on the weekend. This company is a farce to deal with and steal your money. They are very negligent in their practices. Please do you due diligence before handling any contracts with this company.

Deidra C Saskatoon, SK

We signed with alarmtek in Saskatoon over five years ago. At some point they sold our contract to fluent, with out notification...well let’s just say how deceitful this company is. We went to cancel at the end of our contract and we were told that we were too late and automatically signed up for another 3 years. Initially when we inquired about canceling we were told that at the end of our contract we automatically flip over to month to month and that we could then cancel anytime. Lies lies lies. Now our system is too old and not working properly so we are paying a fee every month for nothing. They will change everything to new for us if we sign for another 5 years. Piss off fluent.., my recommendation to anyone wanting to cancel, get your cancellation letter in by registered mail so that they can’t dispute receiving it!!

darren tracey Spruce Grove, AB

I subscribed to fluent for security for my business for over a year. Since installation the cameras did not work properly nor did they record on the allocated server. Since then i have tried to cancel for poor service prior to the cancellation period and is left on hold or told to bad, the contract is a contract. Well, now I have had significant theft from the camera coverage zones twice with no way of viewing the thieves or leading to arrest or recovery. The service at fluent is horrible and i would not recommend anyone using this service. I just called again to day and was on hold for a very long time. I run two significant businesses and i never make reviews like this. If I ran my business this way I would be out of business. I am forced to continue the subscription for the remainder of the 3 year term with no real security and will be forced to purchase another system in conjunction with the Fluent System to ensure the safety of my assets. I cannot stress enough. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY for commercial use. I would even question residential given the service culture here.

Gary Nuke ,

I made a initial call and request to cancel my service on January 4th 2021 and I was told was going to have to be extended another 36 months because I have missed the cancellation date. My mother and I have tried numerous before this and no answer. The BOY Mitchal who answered and said we couldn't cancel until the next available cancellation date for $2,600 in the middle of a pandemic.Prior to the year 2020 we have tried calling to cancel as well and was told we have to wait a year to cancel but was NOT informed that if we do not call 30 days before the next payment is due it will automatically add another 42 months, which is what the same BOY who said we will have to owe 2K just to get out of this alarm system is a SCAM!

Tony rhoda Mansfield, TX

I am not a tech guy. The tech team make having fluent a good choice.

Val Gorbatyuk Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, QC

Great app. Gives control of all actions and provides full history up to 50 activities.

Keith Hubbard Dallas, TX

Very professional And understanding Have very good patience

LOREN SIMONDS Salem, OR

Until today with Dylan S I would rate your customer service as piss poor lousy service. He gave me far more support and willing ness to help than all other contacts combined. He was courteous professional and gave me confidence that things will be addressed.

Hello Loren, Thank you so much for your feedback! Fluent

Diane Kingsport, TN

I recently updated my previous alarm system to Fluent Home and love it. I added two outdoor cameras with their Fluent Home phone app so I can access my system anytime anywhere. Very happy with my decision to switch. Michael was very helpful and informative.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Diane! We always love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Aug. 25th, 2020

Kathy Akron, OH

They have a quick response time. Polite people to work the calls. The customer service is wonderful. They take their time to answer all your questions. Today Michelle was amazing in all aspect, answering questions, getting papers I needed and setting up a repair call.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Kathy! We love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 15th, 2020

Donna Cary Reno, NV

Michelle talked me through a Bypass procedure. I have a faulty overhead garage door sensor that was pre-existing. Rather than pay for the expense of replacing it right now, I elected to disarm it. She gave me the information to temporarily bypass it but then gave me another way to permanently bypass the faulty sensor. Michelle was extremely professional and made sure I had the sequences written down.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Donna! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 13th, 2020

CURTIS NIELSEN Los Angeles, CA

Awesome product and product support. Trevor was an educated and helpful sales rep without being pushy. I needed technical help to solve some issues and Amanda was super helpful and friendly. If all technical support people were as awesome as she, companies would lose very few customers.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Curtis! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 8th, 2020

Ron Ashmore Meridian, ID

The sales rep and Installers were amazingly pleasant, clean, and efficient. I needed help and was able to chat with a representative named Bridgette. She was very knowledgeable and took care of my online account issues. Her patience and kindness are appreciated!

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Ron! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 1st, 2020

Michelle Tate Edmonton, AB

I love calling Fluent because they are always happy to help and there is never a long wait time when I call. Bridgette was very helpful in guiding me through the process of accessing my online account and also helped guide me through making the necessary adjustments.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Michelle! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 24th, 2020

Barbara Peters Alder Point, NS

I like this company because it keeps my home and family safe. I get messages when I know the alarm is set and disarm. I can now sleep because if anything happens the alarm will let us know. I have nothing bad to say about this company . Kasandra and the rest of their team are very understanding and a lot of help.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Barbara! We love feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 22nd, 2020

Stephanie Howse ,

We became fluent customers in 2019. The previous alarm company had a flood sensor that was supposedly working and didn’t alert us to water in our basement. So we had a flood and had $30000 in damages. We switched to fluent , who used the same flood sensor from ADT, said it was working. I had an alert Monday eve around 7. I called customer support who said they did not have the flood sensor in the monitoring system. We tried to add it unsuccessfully. I was very upset by this, as we thought we were protected from a potential flood but were not. I spoke with a lady Diya, she was great and sent us a free sensor( was worth $150}. I want to thank her, she was very professional and understanding. This has changed my opinion of fluent, so hoping their customer service continues in the manner as Diya performed.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hey Stephanie, We'd like to make this right for you and get a new sensor sent out. We were unable to locate your account by just your name. Would you mind sending us your address, and we'll get this looked after right away!

Apr. 15th, 2020

Abe A-Q Maple Ridge, BC

Sam was extremely friendly never gave me an issue I like when I can call in and feel like you guys understand me much better then talking to a voice message I had a great experience keep up the good work fluent Def will be sticking with you guys.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Abe! We love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 8th, 2020

Alicia Bergman Sarnia, ON

We like the customer service! They pick up the phone quickly and the person on the other end is always more then helpful! one thing I don’t like is that a lot of the times our camera does not pick up things. “Husband gets home and it doesn’t pick up him in the driveway, but the next time he leaves it does” as an example!

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you so much for your review, Alicia! That is so great to hear about our agents! The camera sensitivity can be adjusted if it doesn't pick everything up that you would like it to. If you give us a call at 855-238-4826 when you have a few minutes we would be more than happy to help you with that. Thank you for choosing Fluent!

Mar. 24th, 2020

Fernand Thibault Saskatoon, SK

So the service is great. Just spoke to Amanda who completed my requests quickly and effecently with only a short interruption to gather more information. I thank you for the service. The only complaint would be that I was not able to send an email to the address given on my brochure. www.fluenthome.com Do you have a different address?

KMLatson Dallas, TX

I spoke w/Tyler in Te h Support. He resolved my issue . He patiently walked me through troubleshooting steps and as I got frustrated he remained calm and helped me along the way. I love Fluent and I am grateful for the company. Thank you!

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review! We love feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Mar. 13th, 2020

Carrie Ross Edmonton, AB

Great experience overall with this company and I enjoy having the service. The traffic onto my property has decreased by 90% easy. No regrets getting the service. I have no idea what the going rate is with other companies and I do find Fluent a bit high.

Mar. 12th, 2020

cynthia brown Nashville, TN

I like my new system, I love being able arm and disarm with the app, now the sales guy told me one thing and another was done. I called got Bridgette on the line she handled everything for me she was great, her customer service was very good, she didn't let me being upset get her upset. Thanks again Bridgette

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Cynthia! Thanks so much for the review! Feel free to give us a call if should you need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Michael Indianapolis, IN

I love my system. The equipment has never had issues, and customer service is very easy to get ahold of. Fluent makes my daily life easier with automation features they provide and I only pay $4 more per month than I did with ADT.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Michael! Thank you for the review! Fluent recently discovered w so we're working our way through these reviews. Please let us know if we can help in any way!

Daniel Slack Las Vegas, NV

I haven been with Fluent for about a year now and their technology and features are second to none. The one time I had to call in my phone call was answer very fast. I like being able to control my garage door with the same app as my alarm system and doorbell camera. ADT did not have a lot options for what I was paying.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Daniel! Thank you for the review! We're sorry we're getting back to you so late - Fluent just recently discovered .

Pat Oak Grove, LA

I have had very good luck with Fluent. I get someone on the phone system within 1-2 minutes. When I had had several false alarms, I realized what it was and the Tech man came out and fixed it in 1-2 days. So far I am very satisfied and love the remote monitoring system. The only downside is that I pay twice what I paid a previous company. But that company didn't contact me until 10 minutes after the alarm went off - that was disturbing. So I think I'm paying for much better service.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Pat- thank you for your feedback. Fluent recently discovered and we are working through our reviews so we apologize for the delay. Please contact our office at 855.238.4826 for further assistance.

D. Mitchell Littleton, CO

Their equipment appears to be state of the art, and fast activation/alarm with all their devices. A little slow on the response once activated, which is my only complaint. Had a minor issue which was promptly resolved with the control module. I didn't feel like I was pressured to use Fluent by my salesperson. I was given lots of options on how to use the system in my home, and all my questions/concerns were answered to satisfaction, which is why I have the system. I sleep well at night knowing I have them looking over my shoulder. I have no reservations in recommending Fluent to others.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi D. Mithcell! Thank you for the review! Sorry for the late reply on this - we recently discovered . Hope all is well!

TJ Hooker Calgary, AB

PROMPT, POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL 10/10. Thank you Amanda for your help tonight.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello TJ, Thank you so much for leaving a positive review! We are so glad you had a good experience. Thank you for being such a great customer! Fluent

Debra Cal Acton, ON

Sales attendant was amazing A pleasure to deal with Extremely understanding

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Debra, We are so glad you had a great experience. Thank you for being a great customer! Fluent

K Wright Denver, CO

There is usually a delay in getting service if a technician has to come to the site.

Eva Miller Cleveland, OH

Dependable and I can trust their security

Elizabeth Schwartz Piqua, OH

I cancelled almost a year ago because it wasn't working right and they wouldn't cancel my services so still paying for something I don't have.

Diana Spokane, WA

They have always been professional and courteous

Why?

They do what they promised in a timely and efficient manner