Fluent Security Logo

Fluent Security

6.9

Rodney Kuehn

I wanted to make changes and the contract is very inflexible unless you are willing to sign up for another 5 years. I think the plan is too expensive for what else is out there and company is unwilling to modify.

AMJ

System indicated low batteries - no info on type of battery or how to access battery in flood detector

Darren Hasein

There has been some issues for example my motion sensor went off when we were not home and they called me told me and said I needed to go check it out

Anonymous Salem, OR

Was not pleased with equipment as it continually was compromised. Finally gave up on successful repairs and disabled it. I want the fee discontinued as a monthly payment for equipment I can not, will not use.

Sandi McClaughry Salem, OR

System is good but have problems with getting information on how to change out the batteries on the sensors located within the house.

Mike

Very few false alarms tech support is not the best and they want to charge you for fixing their equipment

Claire Walliman Hillsboro, OR

Every time i have had a problem or question, someone has solved the problem/answered question

Renee Collignon Bloomington, IL

Worst possible company I have ever been involved with. Wont answer calls, had a break in and had to call police myself. I can’t say for sure, I don’t believe anyone was monitoring my home. Still wanted me to pay 80% left on contract, I said I’m not paying u anything for the nothing you provide. Dealing with them (was and is still ongoing,) the worst experience of my life. If I could give a minus star I would. I don’t usually do reviews, but be mindful, they only want your money.

Tony D. Wabasca-Desmarais, AB

Ordered and paid for outdoor camera ($499.) at initial installation. Never received or refunded even after many phone calls, etc. Cancelled our service after approx. 7 years of mediocre service , by written letter yet Fluent has continued billing, now for more than a year.. receiving continual threatening letters. Have contacted them numerous times yet no end to the harassments! One of the worst Security companies out there! Steer clear to avoid all the headaches I have gone through!! This company is a complete scam...

Bruce Gunn Squamish, BC

Worst company I have ever dealt with. After 3 years I asked to cancel the contract. They said I could temporarily stop the service and not be charged so that if I ever needed it again, I could start again. Then 6 months later, they started charging on my Visa card again without asking me. I called and said to cancel but they kept charging on my Visa. I called again and they said I had to cancel in writing by email but they gave me the wrong email address. A month later, I got the right email address and cancelled again. They still didn’t cancel and said I had to sign a letter and send it to them. By then, that Visa card had expired. They wanted a new Visa number. Finally they offered to waive half the payments if I paid half. So to get rid of them I paid $150 on a new Visa card. As soon as the payment through, I called Visa and cancelled that card so they couldn’t add more payments. Sure enough they sent another bill for another month. Finally I got another letter that they wanted their equipment back and there would be no more payment required. This company is completely ruthless and unethical.

Nicholas Kyryliuk Toronto, ON

If I could provide a zero rating I would. I live in Ontario Canada. This company is the worst to deal with. The lengthy and negative comments you read about them is the same experience that I have had. I sent a UPS letter with a tracking number to cancel the service and paid the entire contract. Even though that occurred, they still withdrew money from my account, along with taking my money to pay off the contract. When you call to speak with them (a Canadian calling an American company by the way....) they are never receptive, or at other times never reachable at all! Their hours are deplorable and never available for resolutions on the weekend. This company is a farce to deal with and steal your money. They are very negligent in their practices. Please do you due diligence before handling any contracts with this company.

Deidra C Saskatoon, SK

We signed with alarmtek in Saskatoon over five years ago. At some point they sold our contract to fluent, with out notification...well let’s just say how deceitful this company is. We went to cancel at the end of our contract and we were told that we were too late and automatically signed up for another 3 years. Initially when we inquired about canceling we were told that at the end of our contract we automatically flip over to month to month and that we could then cancel anytime. Lies lies lies. Now our system is too old and not working properly so we are paying a fee every month for nothing. They will change everything to new for us if we sign for another 5 years. Piss off fluent.., my recommendation to anyone wanting to cancel, get your cancellation letter in by registered mail so that they can’t dispute receiving it!!

byllierae szwetz Shaunavon, SK

Mandy P was phenomenal to work with to solve my problem

Diane Kingsport, TN

I recently updated my previous alarm system to Fluent Home and love it. I added two outdoor cameras with their Fluent Home phone app so I can access my system anytime anywhere. Very happy with my decision to switch. Michael was very helpful and informative.

Fluent Security Logo

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Diane! We always love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Aug. 25th, 2020

Debra Cal Acton, ON

Sales attendant was amazing A pleasure to deal with Extremely understanding

Bonnie Edwards Saskatoon, SK

Reg was very helpful in his suggestions regarding the video setup I have.

K Wright Denver, CO

There is usually a delay in getting service if a technician has to come to the site.

Eva Miller Cleveland, OH

Dependable and I can trust their security

Elizabeth Schwartz Piqua, OH

I cancelled almost a year ago because it wasn't working right and they wouldn't cancel my services so still paying for something I don't have.

Diana Spokane, WA

They have always been professional and courteous

Why?

They do what they promised in a timely and efficient manner

Ronald Ignacio

Reliable. Friendly staff. Knowledgable technicians.

clayton

Always there to help with problems and techs will stay with it until resolved.

Barry Campbell

Always responsive to any security problems

Dale Beatty

The price is high for what you get otherwise customer service is good

Mike Toledo, OH

Courteous and good response in solving problems

Penelope Brown Dayton, OH

Great customer service and very economical

Norma Stobbe

They always responded when my alarm went off

Kay daines

Pleasant to deal with. Always accessable.

Irene Smith

They have been helpful when I had questions and issues.

Dean Nichols Wenatchee, WA

System works fine and help is just a phone call away!

James Loomis Portland, OR

Overall, Fluent is good. I have had little trouble with the system.

Sherryle Guze

They always respond immediately with any alarms or issues.

Brady

Very helpful. Always patient with any issues. Very good alarm system

Andy Ball

System hasn’t worked since our move to Ont.. Constant dead batteries, can’t leave doors open for a breeze, can’t wait to end my service!

Ken Minty

No better nor any worse than any other security company. Service is slow and mediocre. Billing is always prompt.

Judy Blackwood Sandusky, OH

They are very helpful if I have a problem

joyce knipfer Dayton, OH

Every time there has been a issue, they call me right away.

Jerry Toledo, OH

Send emails quickly when something is wrong

Cathy Urlacher

I have been waiting over a year for a discounted rate which I was told I would get as a long term customer

Dewey Colorado Springs, CO

It works great. It is easy. I never have a problem with it.

Nina Dayton, OH

Sometimes it goes off on its own for no reason but when I’ve called I’ve gotten immediate action.

Anonymous Toledo, OH

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but I like the price and the stuff is reliable.

Pamela Jackson, MS

Customer support responds quickly. The equipment doesn't hold a battery charge, though.

Linda Great Falls, MT

Nothing special about their system. They did have a fairly decent offer to start with but nothing makes them stand out.

Angel Youngstown, OH

I feel protected on my own. They answer any questions or concerns.

Dan

Things are fine. No complaints. Not a lot of interaction required

Tania Petrie

Because half our system is down because the batteries keep dying in them and they are so expensive to replace

James Medina, OH

It is convenient to use the app. Customer service has always been responsive.

Laura Rogers Kennewick, WA

I have been trying to reach them for a very long time, quite frankly I have given up, my security system is of no use at all.