Fluent Security is a company whose team members have 70 years of combined experience in the security industry. The company offers customizable, state-of-the-art security, technology, and energy management products and services. Fluent Security builds custom smart security and energy-efficient home automation systems. With every family having different needs, Fluent Security makes it a priority to have flexible packages — from basic security equipment to advanced home automation.

Fluent home security offers convenience by providing you with its Alarm.com app so you can access, monitor, and control all your systems from one integrated interface. Additionally, Fluent prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service and the company strongly believes in giving back to the community through charitable donations.

However, looking through Fluent Security reviews, many consumers are dissatisfied with the company's services and note poor customer service, hefty prices, and faulty equipment. Especially with a short equipment warranty and a 36-month contract, you may want to consider looking into other home security companies before making your final purchase decision.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Customizable Plans and Equipment
  • Home Automation
  • Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App
  • 24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring
  • Fluent Guarantee

Customizable Plans and Equipment

Fluent home security does not provide pre-built packages, rather it offers you a custom solution that allows you to hand-select security equipment that suits your needs so you don't have to pay for features you don't need. This provides more versatility to customers and peace of mind that they won't be missing out on any camera or security solutions they desire.

Standard Features Included

• Email and text notifications

Optional Features Included

• Carbon monoxide monitoring
  • Flood sensors & freeze detection
  • Personal emergency device (medical)
  • Lighting control
  • HVAC control
  • Automated door locks
  • Remote real-time video

Home Automation

Fluent Security is more than just an alarm company; it offers home automation capabilities along with its home security systems. With Fluent's smart home automation, you can:

• Monitor and remotely control door locks
  • Adjust thermostat
  • Access 24/7 live video feed from your doorbell camera and indoor security camera
  • Turn on/off your lights remotely
  • Arm/disarm security system remotely
  • Receive security notifications via the Fluent App

Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App

Fluent also provides you with its Alarm.com app upon installation so you can access, monitor, and control your system remotely in real-time. This is great for consumers who want access to their home security system from anywhere at any time.

24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring

Fluent offers 24/7 burglary and theft monitoring 365 days a year while providing you with an easy to use touchscreen control panel, a customized 8-point security system and will send you email and text notifications when necessary. Fluent Security systems also sport motion sensor and glass break detector functionality. Motion detectors are easy to install, and even easier to monitor from your smartphone mobile app.

Fluent Guarantee

Unique to Fluent, the security company provides its customers with this guarantee: to only use state-of-the-art equipment, 80% of all support calls answered within 60 seconds, resolution of customer concerns on the first call, or service issues guaranteed to be serviced within seven days, and any customer not serviced within one week will receive free monitoring until their issue is resolved.

The Bad

• Prices Not Disclosed on Website
  • Fluent Security Cost
  • Three-Year Contract
  • Negative Fluent Security Reviews
  • Short Equipment Warranty
  • $99 Moving Fee
  • No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Prices Not Disclosed on Website

Fluent Security doesn't post any equipment pricing information on its website, rather the company asks that you contact a sales rep so it can provide you with a custom quote based on your specific needs. That's not necessarily a bad thing because by doing so you will only be paying for those products and services you actually need. However, this is definitely inconvenient for any homeowner looking to quickly and easily compare Fluent Security's prices to other home security providers.

Fluent Security Cost

Fluent Security has high monthly monitoring service rates starting at $51.99 with upfront fees starting at $99. Fluent Security costs will vary depending on the plan you select (home automation and added security equipment will increase your monthly fee), and all security packages require a 36-month contract.

Three-Year Contract

Fluent Security requires a three-year contract for its services. This is a somewhat common contract length within the home security industry but with the company's higher video monitoring prices, this may prove to be too expensive for some consumers. Especially with a moving fee and no money-back guarantee, be sure to understand all the terms before committing to Fluent Security's long-term contract.

Negative Fluent Security Reviews

Although there isn't a large amount of Fluent Security quite yet, the majority of the current reviews are extremely negative. Consumers note poor customer service, dysfunctional equipment, and lengthy contract. Poor reviews don't provide peace of mind to consumers that Fluent Security is a quality home security solution.

Short Equipment Warranty

Fluent Security only offers a 90-day warranty for its products. Most home security providers offer 2-year warranties or even lifetime warranties. With such a short equipment warranty, consumers may have to offer up their own money to replace any broken or malfunctioning products.

$99 Moving Fee

Fluent Security does offer removal, transport, and reinstallation services to its customers, however, the company charges $99 to move the security system to a new location. Many security providers offer moving options free of charge. This is unfortunate for any consumers who may move during their contract with Fluent Security. If this is the case, you may want to consider looking into a home security provider that does not charge a moving fee.

No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Unlike many home security companies, Fluent Security does not offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company does allow you to cancel your services for up to three days after you sign your agreement. However, this is not an ample amount of time for customers to change their minds if they decide Fluent Security is not for them. If you want more of a trial period, we suggest looking into other home security providers.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Fluent Security advertises state-of-the-art products and professional monitoring services. However, in the company's reviews, customers note faulty equipment and a variety of other complaints, including poor customer service. Fluent's equipment warranty is also only 90 days after purchase, so if something goes wrong after that time period, the customer is responsible for paying for replacements. Customers also have to pay a $99 moving fee if they want to transfer their home security system to a new home.

Although Fluent Security allows customers to customize plans based solely on their specific needs and a few other helpful offerings, we suggest looking into a home security company with better consumer reviews.

Customer reviews are often the most telling information you can gather to determine whether a company is worth doing business with, and Fluent's reviews aren't great. Read Fluent Security reviews below if you are interested in hearing what current and past customers have to say about the home security provider.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.9

Patricia Canfiels

September 16th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My system is down more then it is working! They send incompetent techs who leave your peppery in worse shape then before the worked on it! Takes forever to get someone to service the equipment! Do not recommend!

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Patricia - Thank you for your review! Fluent has recently discovered . We are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, contact us at 855.238.4826.

Crystal

August 19th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is terrible to deal with. We’ve been waiting since February...it’s now August for them to finish installing the system items. Called numerous times for appointments and given the run around. Finally made an appt for August 18 for 2pm and he was a no show. Waited all evening. Called and said the tech didn’t get the ticket yet he was the one who signed off on it. Made another appt for 9am the next day. It’s now 5pm and still hasn’t shown up. Awful customer service. We’ve been trying to speak to a manager but keep being told no one is available. I’m not sure how they are still in business if this is how they treat customers

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Crystal, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry for the delay in responding. Fluent has recently discovered and we are working through our reviews. Should you need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

paul wolfe

August 18th, 2018 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The sales person knocked on the door and said they were not selling anything, just trying to save me some money on my adt bill. Door was clearly marked no soliciting. They purposely lied to gain entry to my home. They give a 3 day cancellation agreement and on day 4 will not help you at all. you are locked into a 5 year contract that you don't want and they have stolen your adt equipment. Power was hooked up on an extension cord in basement and left on floor, open access to water and a fire hazard!!!!!

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Paul, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry for the delay in responding. Fluent has recently discovered and we are working through our reviews. Should you need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Michael McGrath

August 14th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am locked into a 60 month contract. They came to my door at night and within minutes I had their system and was writing a letter to my current company ADT telling them to never contact me again. They left no paperwork, including a copy of the contract I had signed. When I switched over to Xfinity to get a much better deal, I called Fluent and was informed of the 60 month contract. Then they sent me a copy of the contract and sort of apologized for not giving me one over two years ago.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Michael, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry for the delay in responding. Fluent has recently discovered and we are working through our reviews. Should you need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Bill Lewchuk

August 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst customer service I have ever seen. Alarm system does not work. They want to trouble shoot over the phone. Not paying them to pull my system apart and fix it myself. They book appts to come to fix it and just don't show up. Would not rcommend this company to anyone.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Bill, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry for the delay in responding. Fluent has recently discovered and we are working through our reviews. Should you need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Ireen

June 23rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst alarm system company ever! I don't even think it deserved my 1 star! They could not even refund me for cameras since everything wad off wireless internet, however where I live we could only get satellite so the alarm system did not work as well.. when explained this to agents their answer was "nothing they could do". The customer service is rude and unfriendly and not helpful. We will never recommend this company to anyone.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Ireen, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry for the delay in responding. Fluent has recently discovered and we are working through our reviews. Should you need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Charline Cobbs

June 21st, 2018 Topeka, KS

I had a individual from Fluent Security contact me about switching my service. He was very rude and scary. After his pitch and I stated that I would like to think about it, his remark was "what's there to think about, the only problem I see you have is with me." I was shocked and knew at that moment I could be in danger. His whole attitude changed. He had the Fluent shirt on and information for the presentation. When I asked for his business card was when he made the personal remark.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Charline, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry for the delay in responding. Fluent has recently discovered and we are working through our reviews. Should you need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Daniel Slack

June 14th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I haven been with Fluent for about a year now and their technology and features are second to none. The one time I had to call in my phone call was answer very fast. I like being able to control my garage door with the same app as my alarm system and doorbell camera. ADT did not have a lot options for what I was paying.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Daniel! Thank you for the review! We're sorry we're getting back to you so late - Fluent just recently discovered .

K

June 11th, 2018 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not use this company! Prices and contract not disclosed, I can tell you that you will be roped into a 5 year contract for equipment that never works. Doorbell sensor goes off 10 minutes after the person is in my house. Driveway cameras that never work. What a joke. Find another company!

Feb 21, 2020

Hi K, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry for the delay in responding. Fluent has recently discovered and we are working through our reviews. Should you need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Marjorie Steffen

March 16th, 2018 Farmington, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had panels replaced 5 times. I haven't had service for 3 weeks. They don't return calls when they say they will. I even wrote to the president of Fluent and no response. I am so stressed out over this companies' lousy service I may have a stroke. I want out of my contact. I have contacted a lawyer. That's how aweful this company is!!!

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Marjorie - thank you for your feedback. Fluent recently discovered and we are working through our reviews so we apologize for the delay. Please contact our office at 855.238.4826 for further assistance.

Charles W Jensen

March 11th, 2018 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I switched to Fluent from another company. They used the same equipment I already had since it was working fine. Installed a new smoke/carbon monoxide alarm. Tested all alarms and explained how everything worked.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Charles! Thank you for the review! We're sorry we're getting back to you so late - Fluent just recently discovered .

Shelly Mcgill

September 7th, 2017 IN

I hate this company. We have had nothing but trouble with our equipment and not being told how it is all suppose to work. No one told us we would have 1000 video clips before they shut it off. Of course, we can purchase more but our system doesn't work most of the time. The alarm system works but the video camera does not. We go days with no video clips from the back camera and the front door camera is always messing up. I have tried to contact them regarding no video clips in our back yard for 4 days but the recording on the phone is "we are remodeling and working with low staff please leave you number and we will call back. I am waiting now for over 24 hours. I cannot get in touch with anyone.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Shelly - thank you for your feedback. Fluent recently discovered and we are working through our reviews so we apologize for the delay. Please contact our office at 855.238.4826 for further assistance.

Pat

August 14th, 2017 Oak Grove, LA

I have had very good luck with Fluent. I get someone on the phone system within 1-2 minutes. When I had had several false alarms, I realized what it was and the Tech man came out and fixed it in 1-2 days. So far I am very satisfied and love the remote monitoring system. The only downside is that I pay twice what I paid a previous company. But that company didn't contact me until 10 minutes after the alarm went off - that was disturbing. So I think I'm paying for much better service.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Pat- thank you for your feedback. Fluent recently discovered and we are working through our reviews so we apologize for the delay. Please contact our office at 855.238.4826 for further assistance.

ja anderson

August 13th, 2017

Originally, my video on the existing doorbell does not work at least once day. They never called to tell me. I had to go on line to find out! UNACCEPTABLE! I have paid for a smoke alarm and was told multi times. They do not have a silenced installer for smoke alarms! UNACCEPTABLE. The salesman was very personable and nice when he came out. However, He was pushy and refused to let me think about it, he lied about things, which I did not appreciate. The installer was nice and he talked and not ONCE was I ever told I paid for things and never got them installed. I wrote him a check , which he called in the next day electronically and a few days it was done again!!!!! I wrote the check to have a check number available to me. I was called and offered a free month, but I have nothing in writing from FLUENT SECURITY or from the salesman,,

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Ja Anderson - thank you for your feedback. Fluent recently discovered and we are working through our reviews. Please contact our office at 855.238.4826 for further assistance.

Sue

July 27th, 2017 Bossier City, LA

This company sucks! 30 min on hold and sensors going off all the time.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Sue - thank you for your feedback. Fluent recently discovered and we are working through our reviews. Please contact our office at 855.238.4826 for further assistance.

Scott

July 27th, 2017

I originally bought a system with Stryke which changed it's name to Fluent. Since last week ( 4 years into a 5 year overpriced contract) my alarm keeps getting a 103 comm error code which causes the alarm to go off every time it rains. I tried resetting the system to no avail. I contact customer service and press 3 for tech support. I am on hold for approx. 10 mintues only to learn I am not waiting for tech support like I thought but a customer service person. I tell her the problem and she puts me on hold again so SHE can call tech support and relay my problem. She then relays their answer, resetting the system, which if you read above I already did. She then tells me she is going to put me on hold again so we can start the whole process over again. At this point I had spent 20 minutes I hold and don't plan on spending my day on hold while I get the run around. I ask her to call me back. She states she will after she talks to tech support. 3 days later NO PHONE CALL. My alarm just woke me up again going off with the same error code. I call customer support AGAIN. I explain I want to cancel my services so she asks me to verify my info, (wasting more time and pissing me off.) She suggest a phone call to tech support, I say NO I want to cancel my services. Now she can't hear me and hangs up. I dismantle the keypad and remove it from the wall and call them back. Guess what??!! They want me to verify everything all over again. By this time I am ready to reach through the phone line and choke this person. I still can't get my services cancelled so I guess I will have to put a block on my account at the bank so they can't take more money from me. I can't cancel the services. I can't get their assistance. I can't get them to come out and replace the system. All they want is our MONEY. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Scott - Thank you for the feedback here! We're sorry for the delay, Fluent has just recently discovered and we are working through reviews. If you'd like to contact our office at 855.238.4826 for further assistance, please do!

Troy Allen

July 26th, 2017 Sandy, UT

I switched to Fluent after Protect America overcharged what they promised me. I couldn't be happier with the service provided, the price and the system they installed in my house.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Troy! Thank you for the review! We're sorry we're getting back to you so late - Fluent just recently discovered .

Linda Hopkins

April 26th, 2017 Denver, CO

I tried to get these people on the phone one day last month and they had a recording that I was too leave my name, phone number and policy number and they would call me back.. What Security Agency is NOT there to take your call, what if I was calling about an emergency... I don't think they are really that reliable.. They never called me back, so I left it at that to start looking around for another security company in my area, instead of not in my area.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Linda! Thank you for your review - Fluent recently discovered and are working our way through previous reviews. We hope all is well. I'd like to take a moment to explain that our office does at times have wait times for Customer Service, however, our Central Station is available 24/7 in the event of an emergency. You're always welcome to contact us through e-mail (). I hope this provides some clarification!

D. Mitchell

April 14th, 2017 Littleton, CO

Their equipment appears to be state of the art, and fast activation/alarm with all their devices. A little slow on the response once activated, which is my only complaint. Had a minor issue which was promptly resolved with the control module. I didn't feel like I was pressured to use Fluent by my salesperson. I was given lots of options on how to use the system in my home, and all my questions/concerns were answered to satisfaction, which is why I have the system. I sleep well at night knowing I have them looking over my shoulder. I have no reservations in recommending Fluent to others.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi D. Mithcell! Thank you for the review! Sorry for the late reply on this - we recently discovered . Hope all is well!