Fluent Security

6.7

Susan Charles

Having to change our own batteries as seniors; alarm going off at 1:30 or 2:30 am; price going up

Arthur

They are available for assistance when required.

Diane Kingsport, TN

I recently updated my previous alarm system to Fluent Home and love it. I added two outdoor cameras with their Fluent Home phone app so I can access my system anytime anywhere. Very happy with my decision to switch. Michael was very helpful and informative.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Diane! We always love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Aug. 25th, 2020

Nana LeahD

I feel safe having this system. I can also have Alexa or Siri set my system which is awesome. I like that it texts me or husband if there is a problem. I can’t see being with another company. Many have tried to trick me into changing by saying they were with Fluent (going door to door) saying they are having a special and was sent. I know it’s a lie with their old Fluent shirts and another company hat. Like I would let them in. Please. I called the first time. Now I send them on their way.

Marney Green Burnaby, BC

We had a fluent security system for about 7 yrs. A horrible company to deal with. Subgrade components. Everytime the power went out the system malfunctioned. Even after a supposed upgrade!When you tried to call to talk to a human the answers were always different. To try to get out of the "contract" after we sold our house was next to impossible to do. Do waste your money!!

Leigh-Anne

It's pretty hard to find someone to come on service calls.

Sam Bahler

Poor response to problem did not fix issue still unresolved

Dianne

Lack of service. Called 4 times for tech support and never got thru.

Gary Nuke ,

I made a initial call and request to cancel my service on January 4th 2021 and I was told was going to have to be extended another 36 months because I have missed the cancellation date. My mother and I have tried numerous before this and no answer. The BOY Mitchal who answered and said we couldn't cancel until the next available cancellation date for $2,600 in the middle of a pandemic.Prior to the year 2020 we have tried calling to cancel as well and was told we have to wait a year to cancel but was NOT informed that if we do not call 30 days before the next payment is due it will automatically add another 42 months, which is what the same BOY who said we will have to owe 2K just to get out of this alarm system is a SCAM!

Kay E Wheeler Elgin, TX

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE OF FLUENT!! If I could give them no stars, I would. This is a terrible company. Very very deceptive business practices. DO NOT get roped into a contract with them or you will never get out of it. We signed a 36 month contract with them on September 7, 2018. Then over the course of the next year they sent a contract to me and said that I had not signed everything properly. When I read the fine print, it was an updated contract that would have locked us into and ADDITIONAL 5 years! When I called them out on this, the customer service guy was so ugly to me. Then we were told that to cancel the contract we would have to pay a portion of the contract that was left. A "portion". Not the full amount but a portion. We opted to wait until we were in our last year of our contract and when I called today to cancel and pay the "portion" that they had previously stated that I needed to pay, they informed me that I had taken an "installation phone survey" and in that survey had agreed to a 42 month contract. That never happened. Somehow, they are not able to retrieve my original contract OR the recording of the phone survey. SCAM SCAM SCAM. I have never dealt with a company that has so many different stories, shady actions and deceptive business practices. BEWARE OF FLUENT! I am now in the process of filing a formal complaint with the State of Texas Attorney General's office. I am done playing their games. How many other people have they done this to? How many more will fall for their lies? Please don't be one of them. What a headache this has been.

Mandy Hatch 780-898-5377

I have been with Fluent for 7 years I have 3 left. I have never had my equipment upgraded ever in the 7 years that I have been with this company. I know other people who pay way less then 55 dollars a month. And their equipment is way nicer and newer then mine. When my contract is up I am done I will be canceling it. My parents pay 30 and have video cameras. I was also not aware that when one of your Fluent sales people came to my house asked if I wanted a discount. Anyone would be Interested in a discount. Well, a while goes by and then I find out that I am in a 5 year lease. I know I signed for it but I wasn't under any impression it wasn't for 5 yrs.

Patty Ridenour Dayton, OH

I have to draw up and prepare my own invoice every quarter except for maybe the first three or so. I have informed Fluent of this problem many, many times. They have never corrected the fact that I am forced to use my own time, my own paper, my own printer, my own electricity to prepare, print, and mail a check to for my own invoice every quarter. Fluent continues to deny that this situation exists. It is infuriating.

Juanita Crockett Cleveland, OH

Replacement sensor I was sent was defective. I was told they would not replace it and I would have to pay for replacement. The cameras I added have only worked spasmodically. They no longer take a charge and are now useless.

Glenda McNeilly

For what we pay I really don’t get anything and I had resigned my contract

I had trouble with the system in December and it wasn’t resolved till in late February

Greg Klein

They billed for close to a year, but weren’t even monitoring us. Still paid full

Vicky Doucette

Can’t get a hold of anyone for maintenance.

Dakota Montgomery

They are difficult to get a hold of, the app is awful

Dana

Good service but customer service has long wait time

Cheryl Lesperance

They started out very good but are quickly going downhill

Yvette Armstrong Ritzville, WA

Unprofessional. Will not allow termination of services when they are no longer providing.

John

Doesnt work always a fight to get service still dont work hate it waste of money

Bonnie Quick

contract expired is continuing to take funds after many phone calls for 2 years!!!!!!!

Neil

Contract is due, have called to reextend and add but zero response.

Wayne Kasbey

I want to cancel my coverage and they have changed so often customer has no way to contact them???

Marion John Wargacki

Eequipment out dated, chime not working, to expensive for what you get.

Kathy Akron, OH

They have a quick response time. Polite people to work the calls. The customer service is wonderful. They take their time to answer all your questions. Today Michelle was amazing in all aspect, answering questions, getting papers I needed and setting up a repair call.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Kathy! We love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 15th, 2020

Donna Cary Reno, NV

Michelle talked me through a Bypass procedure. I have a faulty overhead garage door sensor that was pre-existing. Rather than pay for the expense of replacing it right now, I elected to disarm it. She gave me the information to temporarily bypass it but then gave me another way to permanently bypass the faulty sensor. Michelle was extremely professional and made sure I had the sequences written down.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Donna! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 13th, 2020

CURTIS NIELSEN Los Angeles, CA

Awesome product and product support. Trevor was an educated and helpful sales rep without being pushy. I needed technical help to solve some issues and Amanda was super helpful and friendly. If all technical support people were as awesome as she, companies would lose very few customers.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Curtis! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 8th, 2020

Steven Janik Lake Havasu City, AZ

Amazing Experience From Start To Finish of My Security System.

Tammy Magee Windsor, ON

I like the very good feeling of feeling secure in my home and my home.being safe when I am away .I also like the staff they have been very helpful and understanding and been patient with me. Even though I have been not so nice myself and for that I apologize .I would also like to say ty for being there doing ur job and keeping us all safe .and ty to the young lady I spoke to today for being a very sweet person and easy to talk to

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review, Tammy! We always love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 6th, 2020

Justin O'Sullivan McMinnville, OR

I have now engaged Fluent multiple times for various customer service requests including the original installation and it has been a stellar experience every time! I just worked with Becky who was able to find the part I was looking for and make a very simple process for shipping it out to me and I'm incredibly happy with how fast and simple it was.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Justin! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 24th, 2020

Steven Zalcman Bethesda, MD

Your technical support rep Mr. Tylor P is without question the most affable, professional, and knowledgeable tech rep that I have dealt with in more than 35 year of home ownership in seven major US metropolitan areas. He answered each and every one of my questions succinctly and in a fashion that a 73 year-old luddite could readily comprehend. He also effortlessly walked me through resetting our panel's connectivity, including its communication with our WiFi. He is a true gem and your company and its customers are truly fortunate to have such a stellar employee!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Steven, We are happy to hear you had such a great experience with Tylor! He is an amazing addition to our team and we are happy to have him! If you have any other questions or concerns please reach out to us at 855-238-4826. Thank you for being a part of Fluent, Have a great day!

Mar. 17th, 2020

Karen Vache Spokane, WA

Agent fully disclosed that they were not a part of my prior security company, but rather I would be going with a different company and would need to cancel my prior service. The installer actually worked for Fluent and was locally based. He made sure I fully understood how to use the system. Two days later my sales person showed up to make sure I was comfortable with all the features and that I knew how to use the app. He even brought a little gift as a thank you. No complaints here.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks for the great review Karen! Please let us know how we can ever be of assistance!

Feb. 18th, 2020

Terry

I was skeptical after reading the reviews, however I asked a couple of my neighbors who had Fluent for quite some time now and they all seemed to be genuinely happy with the service. The sales representative that came to my door was upfront and honest. Answered all my questions and gave me time to think about it. After doing some research and shopping around Fluent did offer me the best deal for what I was looking for. The equipment has been working great! Overall I am happy with my Fluent system.

Reply from Fluent Security

Glad to hear it Terry! If you ever need assistance, just give us a shout!

Feb. 18th, 2020

Christy Dewalt

Poor billing practices, little attention to clients

Arnold Wiens

Some of the phone personnel are hard to understand.

Denise

No call back have items that don't work half the time

Francis Courbron ,

I called Fluent because I wanted to cancel my security. They told me to email [email protected] to cancel which I did. I emailed them on December 4th asking them to cancel my plan and now it's December 8th(3 business days) and still no answer. I emailed them a second and third time as well. Can't wait to see how long I'll have to wait to get this horrible security sytem unnistalled. Horrible customer service: It's non-existent.

Jerry Dayton, OH

Can't think of any negatives. I am called when there is a false alarm and all information needed is requested by the Fluent representative.

Dan Adrian

If we set off the alarm we could count on them phoning or talking to us on the alarm so we felt safe knowing they were monitoring

larry Junction City, KY

They do call most of the time when it goes off but can't get them to come out and replace a sensor can't get them on customer service do not tell you everything about the service. Can't stop the service. Don't like them will not recommend to anyone

Jake m

Worst investment I ever made. The cameras are not as clear as they said they would be. After sales service is quite slow. Sales and people are nice just not happy with the product. I have 2 $75 cameras that Ive had no issues with, none I've had 2 robberies and these cameras have helped nothing!

Theresa

Customer experience is horrible. To upgrade you have to resign long contracts. But tech changes too fast for 5 years to be logged in. Calling asking for some help to reduce my contact there was zero wiggle room, nothing. I asked to speak to his boss and he insisted he is has high as I could get. Total BS. So now I am stuck with a bill for a system I hate and don't use. I have taken everything out and put my own system in. Unless you really have a need for system monitoring, just set up your own. TSC does 12 pmts for things. See BBB reviews too. Horrible and condescending responses.

DEEPAK CHAITANYA

Excellent products & service. I’ve been a user for 7 years and have never been disappointed at all. It’s reliable and worth it

Bob

We are constantly having issues with the hardware. When you call Customer Service, they are always there to help, but I find they are not proactive to let us know if there is an issue with our system. We had 3 months where we paid for monitoring but our system wasn't syncing with them and no one alerted us to that.

Jean

We were tricked into signing for another five-year term. I signed on an iPad for what I thought was approval for a service call, but way above the spot for the signature was an agreement to extend the contract. We never received a digital copy of that until we tried to cancel the original contract.

Anna Hoople

Their cost is reasonable, they respond very quickly, they have provided us with great service when there are technical issues.

Val

I’ve had two floods in the past 10 months and if it wasn’t for the water alarm going off, I would have had more damage than I did.

Arthur Mitchell

Have bunch sensors off, not sure why, changed all batteries, still nothing . Can't alarm cause glass break sensor front door sensor and back window? Also o2 sensor bang it and no alarm goes off. Do they do nothing when they must see its never alarmed? I pay for nothing I guess. Then to pay a tech to come out is plain dumb I pay enough already for nothing.