Fluent Home

7.7

Cindy Galloway, OH

Poor invoice procedures & record keeping of payments. No newsletters or other communications other than attempting to collect on an already made payment.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Cindy, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Judith Sander Kalispell, MT

I feel that my house is well protected and they have helped me on the phone when there is a problem.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Judith, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We love hearing what our customers value and enjoy about our services!!!

John Reed Hudson, CO

I have a broken CO2 detector that they wont fix. I also want out of my contract but can't because it is auto renewed. My system is old and they wont upgrade it. I have been with them for 10+ years and this is how I am treated.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello John, I am sorry you have a bad experience. We would love the opportunity to turn this into a positive experience. Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Ryan Linster

Horrible. I want to cancel and they can’t even do it over the phone. My contract is up and they try to make you stay with them and won’t let you cancle unless you write an email.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Ryan, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to turn this into a positive experience for you! Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!!!

Greg

They should offer their good standing customers the best rate without having to play negotiating game between their departments and what certain departments can offer

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Greg, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? We would love to discuss your account with you!! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

(Bean) Armenus Myles

They have always been here when I need them and whenever I go on line and ask a question they are always fast to respond.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello (Bean) Armenus, Thank you for the amazing review!! We appreciate you taking the time to share what you value about Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!!

Gloria Toledo, OH

Because they are not a local company , I would feel better if they were local. Fluent doesn't seem to be well known is my area.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Gloria, Thank you for the amazing review!!! Thank you for sharing what you would like to see us improve on!

Timothy Stodola

Door locks don't work properly and had them come out to fix and don't want to replace faulty equipment just try to get it working any old way

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Timothy, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can I correct this for you? We would love for you to call us at 855.238.4826 to troubleshoot the technical issues you are experiencing! Look forward to hearing from you!!!

Juanita Denver, CO

Prices are really competitive and it is easy and convenient. Sometimes it is hard to get a hold of people because they are not in my area.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Juanita, Thank you for the amazing review!!! Thank you for sharing what you love about Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!! We are working on having the wait times reduced!

Nancy Columbus, OH

I’m very pleased with it. I like that they have a camera door hook up. It lets me what is going on.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are very happy to here that you have enjoyed the service and specifically so with the doorbell camera. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Nancy Cut Bank, MT

Pushy salesman. The service tech doesn’t live in our state but they come from far away anytime we have a problem. They have a tax deduction.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are very glad we have been able to provide a service technician when needed even if they have to travel in order to attend. If you would like to discuss your experience with the sales representative, please feel free to give us a call at 855-238-4826 and we would be happy to speak with you. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Rose Fort Wayne, IN

Wouldn’t recommend Fluent to anybody. The equipment is garbage. It wakes me up at one thirty in the morning and I yanked it off the wall and threw it in the garbage. They also lied to me about the contract. They told me it was two years but it really is five years.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Rose, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

David Columbus, OH

It is cheaper because they use other people’s equipment. All my problems I’ve called about have been solved.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello David, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you for sharing what you love about Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!!

Jason Cincinnati, OH

Good customer service. They are prompt and always alert and there for me. The equipment is good. It works well.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so happy to hear that we have been there for you when needed and that you have enjoyed the equipment. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Nov. 7th, 2021

Shirley Dayton, OH

I had ADT for years and switched to Fluent Security because I was on the look out but now I am on the verge of going back to ADT. They were okay for the first year but after they never respond. The phone rings and rings and nobody answers.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the frustration when having a difficult time reaching a company for assistance. I would like to confirm that we can be contacted at 855-238-4826 as well as by email at [email protected]. Thank you!

Nov. 7th, 2021

Gloria Columbus, OH

Disappointed with the quality. Get another company. Customer service always wants you to go outside and push buttons and stuff. I feel like they should send someone out to fix it. My doorbell is not working.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. Troubleshooting over the phone is something that is part of our policy as this allows us to resolve what can be, over the phone. And if a technician is needed, we are then able to ensure that they have all needed information and equipment in order to effectively resolve the issue. If you would like to discuss this further, please give us a call at 855-238-4826. Thank you!

Cecil Coram, MT

For this area Fluent Security is the quickest to contact law enforcement. The customer service is good. They are always there for you.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are very glad that you have found our response time to be fast and that you have had a good experience with support team. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Terri Waterloo, IA

Since we switched to Fluent we have had no problems. It is a good service. When the alarm goes off, they call.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed the service and that you have found us responsive when there is an alarm. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Lyle Smith

Was not told about parts expiring until we started running into issues with the system and had to phone about it and was not told about or shown how to change any batteries. So none of the pieces or our system are working now.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the frustration with equipment expiring and not knowing how to change the batteries. Please feel free to give us a call at 855-238-4826 and any agent will be happy to discuss the process of replacing any equipment that has expired and as well guide you through the process of changing the batteries. Thank you!

Karrie Sweet

The wait time on calls for repairs or accounts is ridiculous. Plus I have to pay for someone to fix my hardware or fix it myself?? I don’t work for fluent, I see no reason why I should have to fix THEIR repairs myself.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience, we are sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. Unfortunately as part of the agreement signed between Fluent Home and the customer, it is agreed that the customer is responsible for the maintenance, including troubleshooting and repairs of the system. Fluent Home does handle the monitoring of the equipment and does provide a warrantee that covers the equipment for manufacturer defects. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to give us a call at 855-238-4826 and any agent will be happy to speak with you. Thank you!

Kathy Salt Lake City, UT

Horrible cuz I recently moved and told them to cancel it. Cuz I've been going through cancer and had to move in with in-laws until I was down with chemo and radiation so we could buy a house. And they would not cancel it for me. Horrible

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Kathy, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we turn this into a positive experience for you? We would love to hear from you!!! Please call us at 855.238.4826.

Ken Hoedl

We have had multiple motion sensors not functioning. Multiple calls in to have fixed. Sensors old and need to be replaced. Constant false alarms. We would like a technician to come update the system

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Ken, I ma sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to turn this into a positive experience for you! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!

Oct. 28th, 2021

Wallace Porter

Excellent range of security ’add-on’s’. The Outside cameras beyond excellent in its video clarity!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We certainly do our best to provide the highest quality products possible to our customers. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Karen

Customer service quality, ease if system use, they don’t keep bugging you after you get the system!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Karen, Thank you for the 5 star review!!!! We love hearing what our customers love about us and the services we provide. If you ever need assistance please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Adam Kidd

My alarm still doesn’t work and hasn’t for months. Even after a technician came to work on it. He left it not working but said It does. I will be cancelling my service shortly and Telus will be installing a working alarm.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information to [email protected] so we can reach out to you?

Jana

It’s a long story, we got fluent to take over from another security company to find out we couldn’t get out of our contract. I called and called within my 10 days to change it all back no one to this day 2 years later has come, my equipment isn’t working etc I’m never using fluent again

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Jana, I am so sorry you had a bad experience. We would love the opportunity to turn this into a positive experience for you. Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Gordon McMillan

System doesn’t do as stated, always trying to charge for services to fix their system. Fine print in contract is a rip-off for extra year, rep in Utah needs to find a job where he does not deal with people. Supervisors will not talk to customers. Worst experience ever dealing with this company

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Gordon, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to turn this into a positive experience! Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Debra Cook

Customer Review Video

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Debra, Thank you for the amazing review! We would love to help you if you need further assistance. Please feel free to call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Sep. 30th, 2021

W. Hanson

They have always been prompt with phone calls when our alarm has went off & so far their service has been excellent

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We strive to have a speedy response in the case that the alarm is triggered and that the service meet the expectations of our customers. We are very happy to hear that this has been your experience. Thank you!

Oct. 7th, 2021

Tasha Bunner

Paying way too much. The panel has perpetually been on a low battery notification for years with no resolve. Upon renewal of contract I was promised an enhanced package which never materialized. Representatives have been through the neighborhood and did not follow through with any investigation of my concerns

Nancy McCafferty Phoenix, AZ

they are the worst people to work with. i had a problem that i asked to talk to a supervisor about and was told that wasn't possible. i no longer use this company for security, but because i couldn't cancel my service, i have been paying 2 companies every month.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it was not a good one. Having located your account, it seems we have not spoken with you sense 2018. We would be more than happy to work with you and assist in any way that we can. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us by phone at 855-238-4826 or by email at [email protected]. Thank you!

Oct. 7th, 2021

Sherry Sgouromitis

Service is consistent, contact is easy, the only negative is that when control pods fail we must wait for them to be mailed. This can take some time.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Sherry, Thank you for the amazing review!!! We appreciate your comments! Please feel free to call us at 855.238.4826 any time you need assistance. Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!!

Sep. 29th, 2021

Rosemary

always feel safe and secure. they always contact me within moments when i accidently set off a false alarm

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We love to hear, we are helping you to feel safe. Thank you for choosing Fluent!

Sep. 28th, 2021

Cathy

I know they are monitoring my home because every time I set off my alarm they are there to ask if everything is ok

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear that you have had this experience. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Sep. 30th, 2021

Bruce

Any problems i had were handled quickly with friendly people and that it is Alberta based company sure doesn't hurt

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Bruce, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We enjoy hearing from customers like you that take the time to share with others what you enjoy about us here at Fluent! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!

Sep. 24th, 2021

Shawn

Terrible service. Terrible equipment. The app and online site are difficult to use. Adding equipment is impossible. Nothing easy about the system or contact with the company

d k Phoenix, AZ

Recently there has been a change for the worse with Fluent. Tech support is in effective and has very little knowledge on the system supported or basic mechanics and example would be the request when changing the batteries you get a "tamper" alert, then the support persons asks yiu to out new batteries in. When asked isn't the tamper alert indication that the batteries in the sensor are adequate. No response. Transfered to another tech, determined the sensor is bad. $75 to replace. Additional I would caution signing an e-contract. As terms might be different than discussed and be aware of the auto renewal.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We take customer feedback seriously and would like to address your concerns. Please reach out to our customer service team at (855) 438 6500 so we can assist you further.

Nov. 20th, 2023

hgielhsa

Do not trust this company it’s only based on sales and sales people setting false narrative. You can’t get through to anyone there, any department you ask for it will ring and ring until it says no one is available if you do get through it will be someone who says they will get someone who can help to call back which will end up being someone who can’t help and the process repeats. They tried to tell me there was no such thing as a contract department. It took me 7 months to finally get to the department just to be hung up on when i stressed a safety concern. I have not had a single customer service person be helpful and I get no where when trying to explain a situation I was just told it’s my word against theirs. The system service itself, they did not survey my area as the system was flawed. If it went off police were not notified immediately, they would call to see if things were fine and then proceed to notify police and as someone who feared domestic violence the system was of no help as the police were 20 minutes away and the alarm company took its time to call and confirm it was an actual emergency and needing codes etc. definitely not worth the headache to use this company.

Steven “Eminiar 7” W Louisville, KY

I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. They are completely dishonest. They deceive you into a predatory contract that only serves to shield them from taking care of their customers. No support whatsoever when their shoddy equipment fails. You do all the troubleshooting for them, only to have them say, "The equipment is faulty. Thanks for spending your time diagnosing our malfunctioning device. Now pay us $20 to ship you more faulty equipment after you spent your time to diagnose. (And the customer gets to install it too!!! Yay!!!) NO we WON'T waive the $20 because the contract says we don't have to." How is that customer service? Who would enter into a contract with them if you knew how you would be treated when help was needed? Oh, and don't forget, if you don't notify them that you want to cancel, the contract automatically renews and the nightmare starts all over again! And good luck on getting a straight answer regarding when and how to cancel. Is it 30 days before the end of the contract? Is it 60 days? Do you call? Do you send a letter? An email?? I've been told different things by different representatives. Another tactic to confuse and rob the customer! AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

DUANE C BOYD Las Vegas, NV

I am so disappointed with this company. I have never had a positive experience with them. I have over 40 repair tickets from Day one i signed up with them. I talk to someone in retention last week by the name of John W, he acted like he cared about what I been through as a customer. He asked what I wanted, and told him, just to part ways. Let me back up, we moved, and I needed to my system to be relocated. The tech came out to remove the system from our previous house and to start the installation process. Midway through installation he walked away from install and left us with a incomplete installation. Weeks later a new guy came out and let us know that our equipment was damaged from the relocation. Fluent told us the only way they would help us, if we would sign another contract and I got into a shouting match with a rep over the phone. Fast Forward to today 4-17-23, we still have a bill for a install and our contract has not been canceled. I have been on hold and when they realized it was me, they hung up on me and I'm still on hold. !!! Please be careful !!!choosing this company.

Jackie Puerto Vallarta, JAL

Unfortunately, I have three properties monitored by Fluent. In July 2019 I had a good experience with a top quality install and reasonable service. Monthly charges $95.19 including taxes for monitoring and equipment financing. In November of 2021 I added my two additional properties because overall I liked the product and service I had been receiving from Fluent so decided to proceed with adding the two additional properties. In January 2023, my original finance contract ended on the first property I had with Fluent. When I called to ask what my new monthly monitoring fees would be, they wanted me to sign a 5 year contract and would lower my monthly fee from $95.19 (taxes included) to $75 plus taxes which makes no sense. I vividly remember the monthly price rising as I added hardware to about $40 per month from the original sales pitch based on all the extras I required. 4 keypad doors, two doorbell cameras, 3 water sensors, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors. etc. When I work the math back, assuming I was only paying a $75 monthly monitoring fee (the option I'm receiving now) plus financing suggests that less than $20 per month for equipment is less than $800 financed over 3.5 years. If this is the case, it's the most expensive security monitoring program in Canada. I have Vivent at my primary home and their basic monitoring is less than $50 including taxes on a montly basis and asking for the finance fee removed was much more straightforward where Fluent, its simply not an option. Unfortunately, I have about 3 years left on my other two properties and then will have to decide whether to cut ties with them because in my opinion, with Fluent, you do not get what you signed up for. I just went over my newer plan details, my monitoring fee per property is $43.67/month including tax. I have a Financit loan for the equipment so thankfully, once that loan is completed, my monthly monitoring should hopefully only be the $43.67 monthly charge.... It's unfortunate because my intention was to use Fluent indefinately, but at this point I've been mislead to understand that the base monitoring price was fixed, while the finance fee added for the equipment would be removed at the end of the finance agreement. I've had the same circular conversation 4 - 5 different times with the "sales department" and this review is my warning to all those considering Fluent. You will pay the finance fee, less about $15 plus tax for as long as you want to have them monitor your system. It makes no sense and I feel stupid for entering into not one, but 3 contracts with them. I wish I would have just gone with Vivent for all 4 properties. When I spoke with the Sales associate today, he asked who did the financing, (I assume Fluent) and explained he cannot see what my base monitoring charge is or what my finance fee was and that I could email his manager who was coindidently not available, or be put on a call back list. This made no sense, that he could not see my contract details, only that the minumim he could reduce me to was $75 plus tax on just a 3 year contract. Also, in terms of installation, when I had the last two properties install the equipment, the doorbell cameras are plugged into plugs....so there's a cord running from the doorbell camera to a plug. On the first property, the door bell cameras are hardwired in. When I asked, they said that an electrician is required to hard install the equipment. If I needed an elextrician, I could have bought the individual devices anywhere on the market, but again, for the (in)convenience of having it all installed and serviced, Fluent was a mistake. For comparison sake, Vivent is superior, but overall, if I could do it again, I would have never gone with Fluent. Now with Nest and other providers of similiar monitoring equipment, I would not recommend Fluent. I have since called back from starting to write this review to ask if they could simply reduce the monthly monitoring to the $43.67 like my other two contracts and I am now waiting for a call back from a Manager. Perhaps it will be resolved fairly, I'm cautiously optimistic....but it doesn't negate the multilple calls I had to make and the only reason I'm hopeful they're reduce my monitoring fee to $43.67 is because I have a point of reference where most homeowner will not have this information and could be stuck paying $75 plus tax per month while locking into another fixed term contract. Ironically in the past several years, while I was happy with Fluent, I would suggest them to friends and they typically responded with "I would never go with Fluent, heard terrible things"....I never asked further because I was happy....Perhaps this is an example of what they were talking about.

Carisa Meloche Windsor, ON

My tech support rep Jae was awesome to deal with. Helped me get a new camera running in under 20 minutes. Very polite, clear and concise. It was a pleasure dealing with him.

Ryan Parsons Yorkton, SK

First off Pro's The system itself works good everything was fine and once app downloaded had lots of options to configure system as you see fit Install was quick Other than changing batteries out in each device all hardware worked as planned Con's Was not informed it was a 5 year contract signed on it. To cancel service is a joke. ( Have to write on paper full name, address, statement of cancelation and signature) Ive now been trying to cancel for some time multiple phone calls of being on hold for long periods of time. Resolutions rep on the phone very rude, which made having the conversation that much more difficult Felt was given the run around to try and cancel and with a system that is wireless and new why is it so difficult to cancel. Overall If everything works as you plan, then you should be happy but when its time to deal with service issues... might as well throw your time and money away. Do not recomend

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Ryan Parson. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. How can we make it right? Please give us a call at 855.238.4826. We would love to assist you.

Aug. 5th, 2022

Kevin Decatur, IL

The company as a whole is good and as with all companies they are all have automated phone system and wait times. Kayla today way probably the best customer service person I have engaged for years. She was calming, uplifting, apologetic and proficient .

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Kevin, Thank you for the amazing review!!! We will make sure Kayla knows they were mentioned in this review!! Thank you for taking the time to share what you loved about our agents and customer service you were provided with. We appreciate you!! Thank you again for this amazing review!!

Apr. 3rd, 2022

Jan Black Vancouver, WA

Our experience overall has been positive. We had a frustrating experience recently with our updated doorbell camera due to a lack of training of their field tech. A senior tech advisor stepped in and solved the issue beautifully or our rating would have been lower.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Jan, Thank you for the amazing review!! Thank you for taking the time to write this review!! We are happy we were able to take a negative experience and turn it around into a positive experience!!! We appreciate you!!! Thank you again for this amazing review!!

Apr. 3rd, 2022

Debra Cook Edmonton, AB

Super help setting up a new carbon monoxide detector. Bob patiently walked me through the necessary steps. I am a long time Fluent customer, grateful for their always good service.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Debra, Thank you for the 5 star review!!!! We will make sure Bob knows they were mentioned in this review!!! Thank you sharing what you love about us here at Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!

Feb. 21st, 2022

Fred Romney

Mandy was very helpful and most patient with us as we replaced the part on the wall panel. She was friendly and very professional. She probably deserves a raise in pay, she was that good!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Fred, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! I will make sure Mandy knows she was mentioned in the review! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!

Mike Tavener Thompson, MB

The alarm system has been very good however the tech support today set it above any other - as a result my other house will be with Fluent when I upgrade. I normally won’t leave reviews but the help today was noteworthy.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Mike, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We appreciate you sharing the positive interaction you had with our agents!!

Mary Belle Sparrow Harrodsburg, KY

My mom was having trouble logging onto her account and very sweet and patient woman helped out tremendously. I didn't get her name but it started with Col. I hope you know who she is.

Reply from Fluent Home

Thanks so much for the review,  We appreciate the Kudos towards our staff.

Sep. 23rd, 2021

Denis Belanger Sainte-Adele, QC

Really excellent service from Mandy P today. My system needed a complete reconfiguration following a bad power outage earlier this week. Mandy was very good, patient and solved all my issues. 10 stars.

Reply from Fluent Home

Thank you Denis for the amazing review!! I will make sure that Mandy knows you mentioned her and that if you could give a 10 star you would of!!!!!! Thank you for being part of Fluent!

Sep. 23rd, 2021