Fluent Security is a company whose team members have 70 years of combined experience in the security industry. The company offers customizable, state-of-the-art security, technology, and energy management products and services. Fluent Security builds custom smart security and energy-efficient home automation systems. With every family having different needs, Fluent Security makes it a priority to have flexible packages — from basic security equipment to advanced home automation.

Fluent home security offers convenience by providing you with its Alarm.com app so you can access, monitor, and control all your systems from one integrated interface. Additionally, Fluent prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service and the company strongly believes in giving back to the community through charitable donations.

However, looking through Fluent Security reviews, many consumers are dissatisfied with the company's services and note poor customer service, hefty prices, and faulty equipment. Especially with a short equipment warranty and a 36-month contract, you may want to consider looking into other home security companies before making your final purchase decision.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Customizable Plans and Equipment
  • Home Automation
  • Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App
  • 24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring
  • Fluent Guarantee

Customizable Plans and Equipment

Fluent home security does not provide pre-built packages, rather it offers you a custom solution that allows you to hand-select security equipment that suits your needs so you don't have to pay for features you don't need. This provides more versatility to customers and peace of mind that they won't be missing out on any camera or security solutions they desire.

Standard Features Included

• Email and text notifications

Optional Features Included

• Carbon monoxide monitoring
  • Flood sensors & freeze detection
  • Personal emergency device (medical)
  • Lighting control
  • HVAC control
  • Automated door locks
  • Remote real-time video

Home Automation

Fluent Security is more than just an alarm company; it offers home automation capabilities along with its home security systems. With Fluent's smart home automation, you can:

• Monitor and remotely control door locks
  • Adjust thermostat
  • Access 24/7 live video feed from your doorbell camera and indoor security camera
  • Turn on/off your lights remotely
  • Arm/disarm security system remotely
  • Receive security notifications via the Fluent App

Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App

Fluent also provides you with its Alarm.com app upon installation so you can access, monitor, and control your system remotely in real-time. This is great for consumers who want access to their home security system from anywhere at any time.

24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring

Fluent offers 24/7 burglary and theft monitoring 365 days a year while providing you with an easy to use touchscreen control panel, a customized 8-point security system and will send you email and text notifications when necessary. Fluent Security systems also sport motion sensor and glass break detector functionality. Motion detectors are easy to install, and even easier to monitor from your smartphone mobile app.

Fluent Guarantee

Unique to Fluent, the security company provides its customers with this guarantee: to only use state-of-the-art equipment, 80% of all support calls answered within 60 seconds, resolution of customer concerns on the first call, or service issues guaranteed to be serviced within seven days, and any customer not serviced within one week will receive free monitoring until their issue is resolved.

The Bad

• Prices Not Disclosed on Website
  • Fluent Security Cost
  • Three-Year Contract
  • Negative Fluent Security Reviews
  • Short Equipment Warranty
  • $99 Moving Fee
  • No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Prices Not Disclosed on Website

Fluent Security doesn't post any equipment pricing information on its website, rather the company asks that you contact a sales rep so it can provide you with a custom quote based on your specific needs. That's not necessarily a bad thing because by doing so you will only be paying for those products and services you actually need. However, this is definitely inconvenient for any homeowner looking to quickly and easily compare Fluent Security's prices to other home security providers.

Fluent Security Cost

Fluent Security has high monthly monitoring service rates starting at $51.99 with upfront fees starting at $99. Fluent Security costs will vary depending on the plan you select (home automation and added security equipment will increase your monthly fee), and all security packages require a 36-month contract.

Three-Year Contract

Fluent Security requires a three-year contract for its services. This is a somewhat common contract length within the home security industry but with the company's higher video monitoring prices, this may prove to be too expensive for some consumers. Especially with a moving fee and no money-back guarantee, be sure to understand all the terms before committing to Fluent Security's long-term contract.

Negative Fluent Security Reviews

Although there isn't a large amount of Fluent Security quite yet, the majority of the current reviews are extremely negative. Consumers note poor customer service, dysfunctional equipment, and lengthy contract. Poor reviews don't provide peace of mind to consumers that Fluent Security is a quality home security solution.

Short Equipment Warranty

Fluent Security only offers a 90-day warranty for its products. Most home security providers offer 2-year warranties or even lifetime warranties. With such a short equipment warranty, consumers may have to offer up their own money to replace any broken or malfunctioning products.

$99 Moving Fee

Fluent Security does offer removal, transport, and reinstallation services to its customers, however, the company charges $99 to move the security system to a new location. Many security providers offer moving options free of charge. This is unfortunate for any consumers who may move during their contract with Fluent Security. If this is the case, you may want to consider looking into a home security provider that does not charge a moving fee.

No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Unlike many home security companies, Fluent Security does not offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company does allow you to cancel your services for up to three days after you sign your agreement. However, this is not an ample amount of time for customers to change their minds if they decide Fluent Security is not for them. If you want more of a trial period, we suggest looking into other home security providers.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Fluent Security advertises state-of-the-art products and professional monitoring services. However, in the company's reviews, customers note faulty equipment and a variety of other complaints, including poor customer service. Fluent's equipment warranty is also only 90 days after purchase, so if something goes wrong after that time period, the customer is responsible for paying for replacements. Customers also have to pay a $99 moving fee if they want to transfer their home security system to a new home.

Although Fluent Security allows customers to customize plans based solely on their specific needs and a few other helpful offerings, we suggest looking into a home security company with better consumer reviews.

Customer reviews are often the most telling information you can gather to determine whether a company is worth doing business with, and Fluent's reviews aren't great. Read Fluent Security reviews below if you are interested in hearing what current and past customers have to say about the home security provider.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.9

sherry smeltzer

February 21st, 2020 Lethbridge, AB DETAILS arrow_drop_down

michelle was fantastic in helping me solve the problem with logging in to my phone

Feb 21, 2020

Hello Sherry! Thanks so much for the review! Feel free to give us a call if should you need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Leanna Peters

February 20th, 2020 Vancouver, BC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Friendly and fast service and solving my problem

Feb 21, 2020

Hello Leanna - Thanks so much for the review! Feel free to give us a call if should you need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Dar Stack

February 20th, 2020 Martensville, SK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service! Reliable security.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Dar! Thank you for your review! We love feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Ted van den Boomen

February 19th, 2020 Carstairs, AB DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good and friendly service.Clear answers .

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Ted! Thank you for your review! We love feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

cynthia brown

February 19th, 2020 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like my new system, I love being able arm and disarm with the app, now the sales guy told me one thing and another was done. I called got Bridgette on the line she handled everything for me she was great, her customer service was very good, she didn't let me being upset get her upset. Thanks again Bridgette

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Cynthia! Thanks so much for the review! Feel free to give us a call if should you need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

B Glanville

February 19th, 2020 Maugerville, NB DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT USE this company! False misleading information, poor client note taking and yesterday the Agent abruptly ended the conversation...they called me 2x's however no record of the reason. Well the reason is I moved, called to advise them but was on hold forever so I emailed therm. They called me back and we've been back and forth since for months. I was advised when I signed up I could move the service to my new location as I knew I was moving... only to find out after my move that I could only do that if I was 18-12 month from the end of my contract. It appears the new home owners do not want the system. Fluent then stated they needed me to contact the new owners so they could remove the equipment. Well the equipment does not belong to Fluent! They used the system that I had installed and updated over 20 years. The local rep only reconfigured the software from ADT to them and changed a few batteries. I offered them to install a system at my new home and I take on a new three year contract but they would not allow me..... I also contacted the installer who sold me on this monitoring service but of course...no return call. I have since reported them to The Better Business Bureau sand am waiting a response.

Feb 21, 2020

Hello B Glanville. Thank you for your feedback here! We will message you in a private response to further assist.

Ty Guy

February 18th, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fluent does a great job protecting my home, and my rental property. My smoke detector gives me peace of mind when I leave my pets at home, and the doorbell camera is cool.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Ty! Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed your system and that we can provide peace of mind.

KARL

January 10th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ok so we had a rep come to our door selling this new canadian based alarm company. We were nearing the end of our current contract and not happy with the old company so we bit. Salesman promised that the company follows up with their customers every few months on checking how the service is being provided. So far well over a year and no call was ever made. We have had are alarm go off by accident and they respond after we disarm the alarm however they can't hear us. It is frustrating. When talking to the customer service they were rude and wouldn't help with the repairs of the freeze detector. We will once again be looking for a new alarm company that is actually a Canadian based company. Not one from the states pretending to be canadian. Very unfortunate to be lied to.

Feb 18, 2020

Hey Karl, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We are 100% Canadian owned, however we do service the USA as well. Our corporate office is located off Calgary Trail in Edmonton. Please feel to send an email to . We're confident we can turn your experience around and get you taken care of. Thanks!

Thomas Riley

January 3rd, 2020 Richmond, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I should have bbn read this review before signing with Fluent. I will echo most all the negatives previously noted in other reviews. They charged me full price even though they used sensors that were previously installed. Their equipment is constantly problematic and does not hold up over time. I have a doorbell camera that has not worked for 2 years and trying to get help correcting this problem has been time consuming and frustrating. Their customer service is not up to par with my expectations and when they asked me to get screwdriver and start taking thing apart, that's when I stopped and asked for a service technician. I am paying them every month for service and am not getting it. I would not recommend them under any circumstances. Go find a good reputable local provider.

Feb 18, 2020

Hey Thomas, we were unable to locate your account based on your name alone. Please send us an email to and we'd be happy to get you taken care of. Thank you!

Lisa

December 15th, 2019 Lithonia, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I live in Lithonia Georgia. Someone came to my home while I was about to leave and came back. The bottom line is that I was told I signed a 5 year contract (which a contract never was talked about). Basically with doing the math I’m STUCK with a 5 year contract paying 62.00 a month. ($3720 total over time). So yes I’m STUCK in a BS contract. I told them they are holding me captive for 5 years. Advise to you go to Home Depot or Lowe’s and install your own alarm. SMH 🤦🏽‍♀️ I went from paying $110.00 a year to a mess. NEVER AGAIN.

Feb 18, 2020

Hey Lisa, we located your account, and want to see how we can assist you. You've got some awesome features on your system and we want you to be able to take advantage of those. We see that you left some positive reviews in the past on Google and the BBB page a while back, and would love to see one here too! We'll reach out shortly to see how things are going and if we can be of any assistance!

Rudolph slone

December 13th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have tried to cancel service for almost a month. Just get promises to have someone to call me.will never use or recommend to a yone....

Feb 18, 2020

Hey Rudolph, we are sorry to hear about the troubles you had terminating your agreement. We are happy to see that this has since been resolved, and wish you the best!

Wade Paul LaBorde

November 19th, 2019 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is by far the worst alarm system monitoring company ever,the equipment is trash,then always wanting to charge the customer to ship there faulty equipment to you for replacement,after I sent a picture if a hand writing cancellation notice,my services where suspended 5 days early,now I'm without an alarm because some lil Chris would not take NO for an answer of me continuing service with them,called to get service back on till cancellation date,how unfortunate the panel I have is all of a sudden to old and out if network,it's 3 years old might I add,I was without a smoke detector for 7 days because they wouldn't send a technician out to check on their faultly on,inwhich at the time was only 1yr old,for any new customer inquiring about FLUENT,RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!!!!!STAY i AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!Service and equipment are TRASH!!!!!!!

Feb 18, 2020

Hey Wade, We are sorry to hear about your experience, this is certainly not typical. We will review what transpired on your account, and will work to improve our service. Thank you.

Leah

November 13th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT BUY!! Problem after problem. Customer service is horrible. I didn't go 1 week without an issue. Alarm randomly going off and sending police to my house. I was billed by the city for false alarms. Then, I was moving and was told in order to get out of my contract I had to either pay off 80% of my 60 MONTH contract, or transfer the service to another person. I was moving to a place that would not allow the security system to be moved there, and I didn't have the thousands of dollars to pay off my contract. So, fortunately, the new homeowner (the buyer) of my home decided he wanted to transfer the service to his name. I was so relieved. Then, after a week of Fluent not returning his calls, I was back to being stuck with them again because he decided he was just going to go with another company. I called customer service super irritated & they told me they'd reach out to him again and let me know what was going on. So, a day before my closing date I still hadn't heard from anyone. I called them and was told he did finally decide to transfer the service to his name, so I left the equipment. Now, here it is the day after closing and I get a message about "why did I leave the security equipment?". So, again, I call Fluent and the customer service representative tells me this time, he never confirmed he was transferring service into his name. So I'm ONCE AGAIN stuck. I don't live in that home, the new homeowner has possession of the equipment that I have to pay for... all because Fluent's customer service dropped the ball... not only did they fail to return his phone calls, they gave me false information saying the transfer had been completed when it hadn't. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE company all the way around. Equipment sucks, customer service sucks.... steer clear!!

Feb 18, 2020

Hey Leah, We will have a member of our support team reach out to see how we can help!

CHRISTOPHER FINCH

October 21st, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are near impossible to cancel once your contract is up. Apparently a manger must be in for you to cancel

Feb 18, 2020

We are sorry to hear about the trouble you had, we were unable to locate your file, but if you still need assistance, please send an email to . Thank you!

Smith15490

October 17th, 2019 Nampa, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On September 21st I had an appointment with Fluent Alarm company. A male identified as Miquel L by Kristina (office supervisor) on 10/04/2019 visited my home at approx. 9:45 – 10:45 a.m. Upon visiting my home, he began visually scouring my home, the floor counters top etc. as he walked in. Of course I apologized for the mess as we were (still) in the process of moving. Miquel was both told and shown where all sensor’s and cameras were located for removal by my husband. As my husband began to show Miquel around, I went into the master bath room area where I had clothes on the floor to pick them up and out of the technician’s way. I ended up in my closet with the door closed as I began rearranging my clothing inside. I then came out and asked my husband if Miquel had been in the bathroom, Damion stated; Yes, I showed him where the sensors were. I then proceeded to look for the technician, as I approached the front door I noticed the cameras and sensors were on the steps near front door with Miquel at his truck, leaning partially inside, I then opened the door to see what was going on as I’m watching him my husband says, the technician said he cannot install the system in the new house today. When asked why, my husband said the tech told him he hadn’t any tools, ladder, screw drivers or anything to install the system with. I asked why would he come here then, I then told my husband to instruct the technician to install the system at the home, which is what we called him out for. During his time at the old address he kept insisting on leaving after he left my bathroom. of course i didn't think anything of it because I don't wear my ring... every. Fast forward to the week of the October 1st. I woke and mentioned to my husband casually that I hadn’t seen my ring on my bathroom counter in which had been in the same place for two years. My husband Damion said; you’ll find it babe it’s in there, we’ve just been busy with remolding the new home, moving, painting etc. matter of fact unusually busy, I had many things on my plate and never wearing my ring (3 carats) it’s humongous. I didn’t notice it was missing initially. I there again told my husband October 3rd on the drive into work; you know I have not seen my ring. My husband says again; babe it’s in the bathroom, I said; I have not seen it! he say’s; babe you don’t even wear it, it’s in there. I started yelling it is not, it is not, I see it every single day and I have not seen it in a since last week! my ring is there all the time, I can visibly see it from sitting in the bath tub and it is not there. Friday morning, 10/04/2019 I looked for hours for my ring, after work looked for my ring, had the kids look etc. knowing it was not in the house, for it was not on my bathroom counter where it’s been for two years straight, I never wore it, it was huge. I yelled at my husband where is my ring? no one ever come inside our home, no one, no one we have no family or friends, no one in this state. Damion asked; was your ring on the counter when the technician came in the only person to whom came inside my home. I instantly started crying fell to my knees and knew he robbed me, he took my diamond ring. No one, when I say no one comes into my home, I have no family, no friends no one… all other pieces of jewelry further into the bathroom on the counter was there, every single piece he did not go in the direction of my other jewelry, it is my diamond ring that was right on the edge, flush with the bathroom entry door that is gone, when my husband allowed the technician from fluent to go into my bathroom unaccompanied he took my ring. I’ve spoken with fluent who began the call off being very defensive accusing me of falsely accusing their technician. She began to ask why would the technician need to go inside your bathroom, when I explained to remove sensors, she stated they didn’t have sensors in that bathroom on their list. This is very peculiar being their install report should have everywhere a sensor was placed. They should also have proof by way of sensor activity. She stated she would call the technician and ask him if he stole my ring and file a report. The call was mishandled to say the least. After I spoke with Kristi/Kristina she called back Friday October 4th stating she could not get Miquel L on the phone but would call back. I have not heard back thus far alarm system is still half installed because Miquel had to leave after many attempts removing sensors from my bathroom.

Eloise Jenkins

October 14th, 2019 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not switch to this company!! They are unethical and tell lies about buying out Brinks and other security companies. The salesman, Michael M stopped by my house, unannounced with a high-pressure sales pitch, based on lies. They did not cancel the other company, so I was double billed for 3 months. The technician just cut the other company’s lines. Now I have to take legal action to get out of a 5 year contract. They are preying on the elderly!! Beware!

Feb 18, 2020

Hello Eloise, we are so sorry to hear about any miscommunications that may have occurred at the time of sale. It does appear that your representative adjusted your pricing, and offered to reimburse you for any double billing that may have occurred as well. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Rhonda Kaziechko

October 2nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT waste your money on this company worst company I have ever dealt with. Put Fluent Security in Aug in 2 different homes and security has not worked at the one home since I've got it. I've done nothing but fight with these guys I've talked to 3 different MANAGERS and nothing. They are BRUTAL. All i get is ma'am please pay your account but lets not fix whats wrong. Why should i pay for something that has not worked since day one but i do i have been paying every month cause it my credit not theres. WORST company ever . DONOT get pulled in like the rest of us suckers did

Feb 18, 2020

Hi Rhonda, We are sorry to see that things started off rocky. I have reviewed your file and it seems there were some recent items that came up as well. I'm going to have a member of our tech support team reach out, and ensure we have resolved your technical issues. I also want to confirm that your account credits have been applied on our end as well. Thanks for your patience!

Karen Vache

September 10th, 2019 Spokane, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Agent fully disclosed that they were not a part of my prior security company, but rather I would be going with a different company and would need to cancel my prior service. The installer actually worked for Fluent and was locally based. He made sure I fully understood how to use the system. Two days later my sales person showed up to make sure I was comfortable with all the features and that I knew how to use the app. He even brought a little gift as a thank you. No complaints here.

Feb 18, 2020

Thanks for the great review Karen! Please let us know how we can ever be of assistance!

Terry

September 5th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was skeptical after reading the reviews, however I asked a couple of my neighbors who had Fluent for quite some time now and they all seemed to be genuinely happy with the service. The sales representative that came to my door was upfront and honest. Answered all my questions and gave me time to think about it. After doing some research and shopping around Fluent did offer me the best deal for what I was looking for. The equipment has been working great! Overall I am happy with my Fluent system.

Feb 18, 2020

Glad to hear it Terry! If you ever need assistance, just give us a shout!

Raymond Ma

August 24th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fluent home took over Alarmtek, I was Alarmtek Client, early April 2019, I made a phone call to Fluent to order a part, I asked the operator to send a technician before ordering a part but the operator declined. We waited for a month, but the part had not arrived. After making many more phone calls, a part did arrived but it was not the right part. To make a long story short, Fluenthome's department are not communicating with each other and not following up with their client. Since then we have contacted Fluenthome multiple times to cancel our services, but keep getting the run around. It is never that department's job. One department said we cannot cancel by phone so we were instructed to send a written letter stating the reason we were cancelling. That was early June, we thought that is done, by mid June Fluenthome continued to withdraw payments, we called Fluenthome again and they agreed to a refund. They said it would take 15 days, by mid July once again Fluenthome withdrew another payment. So we cancelled auto payments. Today August 23 I received phone call from Fluenthome stating that we missed payments. As I said earlier Within Fluent home all department not communicate each other and not doing follow up with their clients. I know i can not asking you all to cancel your service with Fluent, but that is my true story. Raymond M

Feb 18, 2020

Hello Raymond, we are sorry to hear about the trouble you had terminating your agreement. We are glad to see that this has since been resolved and wish you the best!

Javone Nurse

August 22nd, 2019 Ellenwood, GA

I am so glad I read the reviews. The rep came to my home and said he is a tech servicing the old Vivint systems. I no longer used my vivint systems and he said he would get it back running and I would no longer owe Vivint and can start over with a plan with them. I could not get a understanding of what he was trying to do, so I told him to come back in 30 minutes and googled the company. Lord I see now he was about to switch me to a whole new company’s system!

Feb 18, 2020

Hi Javone, We do have a lot of clients switching to Fluent from Vivint, however our employees are always dressed in a Fluent uniform, with an ID badge. If you'd like to discuss your encounter further, please contact us at Thank you!

Lonnie Velasquez

August 3rd, 2019 Nampa, ID

I would give this negative stars! Do not give any of their reps any info! They run a hard inquiry on your credit! Doesn't help when you're working to improve your credit to buy a house! So pissed off that they didn't disclose the fact that they would run a credit check just to give you a quote! Definitely finding a different security company when I buy my house! Don't believe the reviews the reps pull up to show you on their phones. Do your own research. Still pissed about that credit check a month later!

Feb 18, 2020

We are sorry to hear that Lonnie. It looks like you were approached by an authorized Fluent dealer. I am happy to report that we have made some software changes to prevent this type of scenario from occurring. Please contact us at and we'd be happy to work with you to remove the errant inquiry from your credit file. Thank you!

Unknown USER

July 24th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give this company zero stars I would. Do yourself a favor.. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS GARBAGE COMPANY!! The customer service is HORRIBLE. The equipment, HORRIBLE. The door bell camera is ran through a phone call. If you are on a call it wont work. If the door bell is pushed, it takes a few minutes to even connect. When I'm at work, I cant even see any of my cameras, they wont connect. Yet, they say its my wifi. Well Vivint did NOT have this issue. EVERYONE at my work is with Vivint and they can connect just fine. PLEASE, don't make the same mistake as many of us. DONT SIGN UP!

Feb 18, 2020

Hello, Unfortunately, your profile is "unknown" but we'd be happy to assist you if you contact . Our doorbell cameras operate on WiFi, and it sounds like a DSL switch may need to be installed as well. Please let us know how we can help!

Patricia

July 18th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No one living in the premises and I tried to cancel. It is not being used and there is nothing of value in the house. They will insist on me paying for the entire 36 months which is over two thousand dollars. I am working through my bank to stop payment. They told me to move it from Sask. to Ab with me. I have security here for half the price, why then would I move it.

Feb 18, 2020

Hey Patricia, we are sorry to hear you are dissatisfied. We were unable to locate your file, but we'd love to discuss why we ask our clients to commit for a certain time frame, and find a solution for your situation. Please shoot an email to and we'd be happy to help.

Amber

July 12th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'd give this a zero if I could. What ISN'T there to complain about with this company... None of their equipment or sensors work properly. Poor installations. When you call to get anything fixed, all they want you to do is "bypass the sensor".. if I wanted to bypass the sensor, I wouldn't have the alarms installed. THEN! for the cherry on top of the cake... If you pre-authorize them access to a bank account, they'll charge you fees whenever they see fit, saying that you authorized it. And when you want the service cancelled because, I mean, you clearly no longer feel safe, they hold a contract over your head, stating that you need to pay it in full first, and they'll access your bank to do so. Be CAREFUL when you sign up to them, or better yet, don't do it at all.

Feb 18, 2020

Hey Amber, we are sorry you had a bad experience and would like to change that with you. We were unable to locate your file with the info we have on your review. Please send an email to and we can discuss further. Thanks!

Eugene

July 9th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nothing but headaches. Honestly the worst company I have ever dealt with. Make sure folks you really look into them and look at other company’s that will keep your place and you safe. Not about there money!!

Feb 18, 2020

Hey Eugene, We were unable to locate your file, but would like to understand your review a bit more. Please contact us by emailing Thank you!

Carlene W.

July 9th, 2019 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are one of the most dishonest and lowest quality of customer service company, I have ever been in contact with. One of my biggest regret ever, is doing business with them. They do not return phone calls or respond to customer complaints, even through the Better Business Bureau. Please do your research before signing up with them.

Feb 18, 2020

Hi Carlene, I have located your file and see that we addressed your concerns through the BBB and Consumer Affairs. If we can be of further assistance, please contact us at

Travis J Mulligan

July 5th, 2019 Caldwell, ID

Very horrible service, equipment is JUNK, I canceled our trial the very next day. Was rather difficult to get money returned that fluent took from our account. Had to call bank & have it reversed as it was unauthorized. I called fluent several times & never got a phone call back until left message that was contacting the BBB. They scheduled a time for them to come get equipment & they trashed our power outlets, made a horrible mess both in the install & removal of junk equipment. I do not recommend this company to anyone, as matter of fact I would suggest that of fluent shows up on your doorstep & does not take "not interested" for an answer just simply close door in face.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Travis - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Wendy Kenig

July 5th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They showed up at our door and promised us the best system going. All we received was a huge headache from them. The tech showed up at 7:00 pm to start the install and we told him 3 times that he needed to leave by 9 pm and come back at another time to finish the job. He never left and was there until 1:30 am when he finally finished the job. Then we had nothing but problems trying to get the equipment to work and it turns out that our internet is too slow to work the equipment which should have been checked out long before they ever did the huge install and wasting everyone's time. We cancelled the service in May 2019 and he it is July and we are phoning everyday to try and get our money refunded. We are so fed up with this company. Worst company we have every had to deal with. Highly not recommended

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Wendy - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

S.W.

June 27th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is a door to door swindler. The trick is they tell you that you have 30 days to change your mind but then they put at least one sticky tape door sensor on your house which they fail to tell you nullifies the 30-day return option. Once they put one stupid sticky sensor on your door it is considered "installed product" and you no longer can opt out when you realize you have been scammed.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi S. Woodman - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Deb

June 21st, 2019 Florissant, MO

Overall rating I would give a zero. I am writing this for my 95 year old mother. My mother had Vivint until 2 men from Fluent came to her door at 7:30 pm in the evening. The told her they were there to change out her system. She did not question them as to who they were, nor did she call Vivint to verify. She was scared. These two men came in and removed the Vivint system from her house and replaced it with Fluent's product by 10:30 that night. They had her sign a contract. This caught her off guard. The next day my mother notified us of what happened. We had the police notified, called both companies of the issue. We had Fluent's system removed, which they did reluctantly. I would never use this company or even recommend. How dare they take advantage of the elderly.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Deb - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Zach

June 17th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

App works good, but don't get this service. They claim to be all over the US but that's not true. I moved to Austin and it took them over a month to get a 3rd party contractor to set it up. I was without service that whole time. They also lock you in to a 5 year contract with absurd cancellation fee. After 20+ months I tried to cancel because I was moving in with a roommate after divorce and they wanted to charge me 80% of my remaining contract which was over $2,500!!!! Criminals!!!

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Zach - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Manpreet Cheema

June 17th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had a very bad experience with these guys. A Fluent Sales rep came to our house pressuring us to transfer our service from Vivint to Fluent. They told us that they would cover the remaining Contract with Vivint. They did not cover anything. Vivint sent my bill to collections. After chatting with Fluent they said that they can only cover $ 600 out of the $1500 owed to Vivint. I feel betrayed and cheated. The fluent technician had taken all the security system from Vivint down and installed there's. They are saying that I can cancel my service with Fluent for no charge. They should not have promised things that they cannot do. They lied to us and now I am left with no security system.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Manpreet - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

fluent_system

May 23rd, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great system and service! Love that I can control everything from anywhere and really helps me manage my home!

Michael

May 11th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love my system. The equipment has never had issues, and customer service is very easy to get ahold of. Fluent makes my daily life easier with automation features they provide and I only pay $4 more per month than I did with ADT.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Michael! Thank you for the review! Fluent recently discovered w so we're working our way through these reviews. Please let us know if we can help in any way!

Sumit

April 23rd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst customer service ever. The technician that comes to your house never fully explains the contract and the terms. They rush you in to signing documents on scene and he sits there when the customer service calls to ensure you say yes to everything. The technician will tell you that the company will take all the equipment away if you cancel the contract or having difficulty paying a huge amount every month. Then later you find out that you own this equipment which is useless for you as it’s only compatible with Fluent. When you try and talk to the customer service they tell you that now if you want to get out of this service and return the equipment you have to pay 85% of the remaining contract and do absolutely nothing to resolve any of your issue or add anything to your service. They swear at you on the phone and threaten that you will be charged for anything and everything that you request done to your system now on. The rep that came to your house to install the equipment and sell you the service takes days to return your call. They basically just want to dump this equipment on you and say it’s free and then later in the service say now pay or we will send you to collections. Very rude customer service people. I will not suggest any one to sign up with them as they are a rip of company. The online app freezes a lot and shuts down in the middle of alarming the system. Shop with other companies before you even sign up with this company.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Sumit - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Willard williames

April 20th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kyler was super very helpful and amazing he gave great training

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Willard! Thank you for the review! Fluent recently discovered w so we're working our way through these reviews. Please let us know if we can help in any way!

Trevor Stinson

April 10th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible company. READ THE CONTRACT AND DONT LISTEN TO SALES REP. I was told something VERY different by the sales person than what I actually signed. Make sure you have everything in writing and don’t answer ANYTHING on the phone unless totally clear in the contract. Long contracts, poor equipment, terrible customer service and an 80% of remaining contract cancellation fee! Don’t make the same mistake I did and stay clear of this company.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Trevor - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Colleen McCullough

April 1st, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible company. Discriminated against my elderly folks, got my 89 year mother to sign a 5 year contract. As well, they violated private property with a sign clearly stating " no soliciting" for this purpose, in a seniors village. Over 30 emails sent, phone calls, attempts. Very poor business, and customer service. Cannot make headway with this company. I would recommend to never sign anything with this company.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Colleen- thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Rena

March 30th, 2019 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was told that I was signing up for a two year contract, two years later I'm ready to cancel the contract because the cameras ( main reason for getting the system) are worthless. I'm told that I signed a 60 month contract. Ridiculous!! I asked how much it would be to buy out of it, and they want a ridiculous amount of $2600. The equipment they installed in my home isn't even worth $500. Stay away!!

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Rena - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Shawn

March 4th, 2019 Ellenwood, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Can I give a 0. My service has not been working right with this company for over 6 months. My panel keeps disconnecting and my garage door keeps saying front door. I have called tech and spend hours on the phone with them. They sent a female out to my house today and she totally messed my entire system up. She left my house without telling me she was leaving, left my foyer dirty and my front door open. This tech ran some wire from my basement panel that required an extension cord. 4 hours later and the system is more screwed up than when she started. I had to call customer service the tech was laughing like it was funny. I was on hold for a supervisor for 35 minutes before talking to a sup. Than have to wait for another tech to come out and wait more of my time. I am writing the BBB and their corporate office.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Shawn - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Cheryl

February 21st, 2019 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far, I like the company. When my battery in the monitor was low and beeping, they helped me turn it off and told me what battery to get. Then they help by phone to install the battery. They called several times to make sure everything was alright.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Cheryl! Thank you for the review! We're sorry we're getting back to you so late - Fluent just recently discovered .

Amy

February 5th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After hours service is beyond disrespectful and rude. There is only one person answering and will not help you if the on call technician does not answer their phone and reiterates the exact same line "i am sorry i cannot help you" and "there is nothing i can do"

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Amy - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

M. Mack

January 30th, 2019 Douglasville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would STRONGLY suggest that if anyone from this company contacts You, do NOT sign up with this company. Initially I had several call backs concerning faulty equipment. My last issue has lasted more than 11 days...customer "service" is HORRIBLE! They are 'novice" at best! It's NOT worth the headache and if I could I would rate Fluent a -5! Stay away from this company, its NOT worth it.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi M.Mack - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Herb

January 7th, 2019 Vancouver, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My new home came with a Fluent security system and a free 3-month trial . From setting up the account to disconnecting, service was horrible. The account manager seemed to only be able to contact me by email, even though he said he'd call. When I was told to call an 800 number to arrange installation of the video doorbell, they couldn't do it and referred me back to the account manager. I contacted him again and asked him to call. If I hadn't checked my email I never would have known the installer was coming. Installer was OK, but late arriving. He was in a big hurry because he had a long drive home. The video doorbell they installed was junk. I'd get the notification anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes after activated. Ran through all their checks, reboot router, etc. It was worthless. The kicker came with not subscribing after the trial period. My control panel started beeping an alert every 2 to 3 hours with no way to stop it. I called tech support at Fluent and after talking to 2 techs was told that there was no way for them to turn it off. So now I'm stuck with a system that I was told by the builder that it could be used as a local alarm, but its beeping throughout the night and Fluent can't, or won't, turn it off without my subscribing to service again. I consider that extortion. Fluent would be the last place I'd go for alarm service, and would NEVER recommend them.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Herb - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Marcus

November 23rd, 2018

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH FLUENT!!!!!! Save yourself a headache. Absolute joke of a company. They are not monitoring 24/7. I have contacted law enforcement dispatch in my city - and after 1.5 years not a single alarm was called in to police dispatch. An alarm permit is required for my city and when signing my contract FLUENT told me they would file and register the permit. That never happened. 1.5 years later they send an email saying I need to fill out a permit. Poor connection and the control panel disconnects constantly. Has happened twice while on vacation and when I call to report that they tell me they can't do anything and that I need to be inside my home and they will walk me through the steps to reset the system over the phone. WILL NOT SEND OUT A TECH!! WILL NOT CALL BACK. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. After you call customer service they document your complaint and say they will contact you with answers. THEY THEN EMAIL YOU with no answers and SAY TO CALL IN FOR CLARIFICATION. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Marcus- thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Sydney Sorensen

October 29th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Honestly, such a terrible company. The service is awful. I asked to have someone fix our camera 3 times ( after already being on our 3rd camera because the rest were faulty), and no one showed up. I then told them 6 times to come pick up their equipment and I wanted to terminate with them, no one has showed up yet. Also, the company gave me a real eye opener this weekend, I pulled the panel away from the wall to paint, ( painting the house ), and the notification came up as " Panel tampering" , but I needed to wait for the paint to dry. Not a single phone call was made to myself or my spouse to see if everything was okay. 3 days later, still no phone call, so do they really monitor? If that was an emergency , I could still be injured. This just added to my reasons of wanting to cancel. Terrible ,Terrible company, I tell everyone I know not to use this company.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Sydney - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Worthington

October 23rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fluent uses high pressure sales to get me to switch companies I am now paying $13 more per month. The system does not work well, I have a constant notification that they will only fix if I pay to have someone come out. Not well maintained, over priced and will not allow cancellation. Very unhappy with this company in every possible way

Feb 21, 2020

Hi thee - Thank you for your review! Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, contact us at 855.238.4826.

BHill Romer

October 10th, 2018 Omaha, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My alarm service has ben excellent so far. I really like the equipment, and it costs less than ADT.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Bhill Romer, thank you for the review! We're sorry we're getting back to you so late - Fluent just recently discovered .

Tak

September 18th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible experience. The tech came and installed the product and none of the products worked. We called tech support/customer service who could not resolve this issue. We asked if we could cancel but we couldn't and were committed to a 42 month contract. We are now stuck with a security system that does not work paying $50 for the next 40 months. Please do yourself a favor and not sign up for this awful company.

Feb 21, 2020

Hi Tak- Thank you for your review! Fluent has recently discovered . We are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, contact us at 855.238.4826.