Fluent Security

6.9

Dale

Terrible customer follow up. Sensors are wireless (battery) not once was I contacted to perform maintenance on the system, 59% of sensors are in trouble mode.

Betty

Do not follow through with what was promised, then say that it was never promised. Told I should of wrote down name of person on phone. I thought calls were recorded.

Karen Grosso

Last time we renewed we agreed to a lower price than you are currently charging and have ignored all my emails to try to deal with it

Dwayne

They are very fast to call when an alarm goes off. Very helpful and excellent customer service

Sandra

They started out higher but we can't seem to get any service -our shop security hasn't worked in a year (put in new batteries) still doesn't work and it seems each piece takes a different type of battery. such a hassle

Mr Hooykaas

I have never had a problem with this company. Anytime I called were very helpful

Morris Ertman

I have an unrepaired monitoring system they have not completed repairs on, because they claim the screen is broken, which it is not. So, I've unhooked the system so as not to have it beep intermittently.

Vega Toledo, OH

Tried to call them about a false alarm and kept getting put on hold. And they want $100 just to move a sensor on our front door.

Dave Fentie

Have never had an issue with the system works great notifed immediately if is set off.

Diane Côté

Their after-installation service is very very poor!!! We've had a couple of issues and no one is available to come to our house, so we carry on with a compromised system.

Jacqueline Toledo, OH

Easy to use, I never have problem. I’ve only had to call customer service one time and they were very nice.

Margo Dayton, OH

Their service stinks. When you call, you wait for one to three weeks to get service. Our alarm has been going off and they don’t answer consistently. They need to get closer to their customers.

Kari Dayton, OH

It is cheaper than what we had before and we haven’t had any problems with any of it.

Gilbert Pittsburgh, PA

They don’t give complete information when you sign up. The equipment is okay. It is security. They just need to be upfront.

Nancy Columbus, OH

I’m very pleased with it. I like that they have a camera door hook up. It lets me what is going on.

Elsa Amherst, OH

Anytime I’ve pressed the button, they have made it out so there are no problems.

Charlotte Youngstown, OH

Customer service is attentive and answer with a pleasant smile. There are no real problems. When the smoke detector goes off, they do call.

Charna Toledo, OH

A lot better than ADT. It is a lot easier to use and it tells me when my doors are open. They are all nice.

Patricia Toledo, OH

If the alarm goes off, they are prompt and contact me promptly. They are less expensive than what I had before.

Kimberly Richmond, IN

Every time I call they walk me through what I need and get me solutions quickly. I feel safe with them.

Anonymous Columbus, OH

It gives me peace of mind, but it could be better if I could reach it from anywhere not just at home.

Donald Washington, PA

Good equipment. It is easy to use. I would like more signs to put outside my house.

Walter Toledo, OH

I feel very secure with the alarm system on the house. It seems very accurate. But, there is no one in our area to come out and service it.

Kathy Columbus, OH

My needs are taken care of. It is average security. There are no bells and whistles. Just what I need, simple.

Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

They come and install it but there is no follow up to see if there are any issues.

Ron Thorpe

Lack of followup i.e- replacement batteries and where to find them (should be complimentary after 8 [email protected] +$50/ mo.))

Ricardo Philomath, OR

The system works well. It's easy to set up and it's easy to turn off. I need to use it more often.

Edward Krause

They help resolve any problems over the phone and will send a tech person to the home if needed.

Glenn White Oregon City, OR

I canceled my service in December of 2020 but some back door item I am stuck for another year of payments which i find offensive for you as a business to force someone to maintain something that they don't want!!

Sara

Basic but good. Always friendly when I call for help. My security is basic so not sure how much it deters individuals

Braden Bell North Battleford, SK

A very pushy/disrespectful Fluent sales rep just was at my door. I told him twice I was not interested in their service due to my financial situation. Then on the way out he sees my dog and proceeds to ask what his name is? how long I've had him? Do you love your dog? Then with a nod and a smirk asks what my dog will do in a fire? Trying to make a sale on someone's emotions after being told twice that I am not interested. Shady sales tactics and just downright disrespectful.

Jana

It’s a long story, we got fluent to take over from another security company to find out we couldn’t get out of our contract. I called and called within my 10 days to change it all back no one to this day 2 years later has come, my equipment isn’t working etc I’m never using fluent again

Adam Kidd

My alarm still doesn’t work and hasn’t for months. Even after a technician came to work on it. He left it not working but said It does. I will be cancelling my service shortly and Telus will be installing a working alarm.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information to [email protected] so we can reach out to you?

Gordon McMillan

System doesn’t do as stated, always trying to charge for services to fix their system. Fine print in contract is a rip-off for extra year, rep in Utah needs to find a job where he does not deal with people. Supervisors will not talk to customers. Worst experience ever dealing with this company

Karen

Customer service quality, ease if system use, they don’t keep bugging you after you get the system!

Tasha Bunner

Paying way too much. The panel has perpetually been on a low battery notification for years with no resolve. Upon renewal of contract I was promised an enhanced package which never materialized. Representatives have been through the neighborhood and did not follow through with any investigation of my concerns

Debra Cook

I had some problems "resetting" my CO detector with only telephone assistance. The first person did not know what to do to help.

Nancy McCafferty Phoenix, AZ

they are the worst people to work with. i had a problem that i asked to talk to a supervisor about and was told that wasn't possible. i no longer use this company for security, but because i couldn't cancel my service, i have been paying 2 companies every month.

W. Hanson

They have always been prompt with phone calls when our alarm has went off & so far their service has been excellent

Sherry Sgouromitis

Service is consistent, contact is easy, the only negative is that when control pods fail we must wait for them to be mailed. This can take some time.

Rosemary

always feel safe and secure. they always contact me within moments when i accidently set off a false alarm

Shawn

Terrible service. Terrible equipment. The app and online site are difficult to use. Adding equipment is impossible. Nothing easy about the system or contact with the company

Cathy

I know they are monitoring my home because every time I set off my alarm they are there to ask if everything is ok

Bruce

Any problems i had were handled quickly with friendly people and that it is Alberta based company sure doesn't hurt

Nancy Lautner Saskatoon, SK

If I could give them zero stars I would. We had a home security system through AlarmTek and renewed our contract with them in 2014. At some point AlarmTek was bought out by Fluent. In the intervening years we had zero communication from them. In December 2020 we decided to cancel monitoring services with them. That's when it got "fun". Both my husband and I tried to get through to them to find out how to cancel our contract. At first we were told that we were on a month to month and we could just cancel. Then we were told that the contract we were in had a 2 year auto renewal and there was no option for us to get out of it earlier. We didn't have a copy of the contract so we asked them to send us one and were told that they couldn't email it to us for privacy reasons but would mail it to us. The contract came in the mail and there was nothing in there about the 2 year auto renewal. I called them again and, surprise, now they could email it to me since they hadn't mailed all the pages and the auto renewal clause was on the page that hadn't been mailed. We were frustrated by their lack of service and I told them that we were going to put a stop payment on funds pulled from their company until we got this figured out. So what did they do? The next time they pulled funds from our account it came from a different company name. January 20 we finally got an answer from them that we needed to send them written cancellation. I asked if we needed to send something signed by my husband and I or just email would do. I was told that email was ok so I sent it. The next day I received an email saying that we needed to send a signed written cancellation. Fine - we did that. We received notice from their department that they received the cancellation and they gave themselves 30 days to respond. At this point I had put a complaint into the Better Business Bureau because we were getting no answers from the company. In mid February I finally got notification through the Better Business Bureau from Fluent telling me that my written cancellation had been received and advising me what my payout amount was. The company also said that once they received the payout amount my account would be closed. So I sent a copy of their letter to me along with a copy of our written cancellation of services and a cheque by registered mail. I checked with them after a week to ensure that they were going to cash the cheque and saw it go through my account the next day. What happened next was that they sent me an invoice on March 1. I contacted them and they apologized and said that they would reverse the invoice. At this point I had lost all trust in the company and closed the bank account that they were withdrawing funds from. And a good thing that I did. They attempted to withdraw funds for the March billing and then sent another invoice on April 1 and again tried to withdraw funds. At the time of writing, April 23, we are being told by the company that their "resolutions department" is working on it and will be closing our account the end of the month. We'll see if that happens or if they'll just continue to invoice us for a service we're no longer receiving and have paid out in full. The incompetence of this company is unbelievable. Do not give them your business unless you want the worst headache when it comes time to cancel them.

Jared Suffolk, VA

Terrible security company. The customer service is non existent and they are usually rude. The equipment is alright initially, but starts to fall apart after a year. We’ve been having issues with our system lately and they have yet to fix the issue. They’ll be quick to get you locked into a contract (3-5) years, have a technician come out and install the system, but don’t expect to hear or see from them ever again. If something is wrong with your system, you’ll pay a service fee to have a tech come out and “fix” the issue and their equipment does fail often. Do yourself a favor and choose anyone but Fluent. We are just riding out the remaining time before we can get out of this contract. Even considering buying out the last couple of years we have left because we despise them so much.

Audrey Milam Decatur, GA

Good customer service from Viola. She was very pleasant.

Luis Arevalo Airdrie, AB

BRAVO, Tech Support William. Thank you for a JOB WELL DONE! My experience with Fluent Tech Support has really been excellent today. William showed his technical, problem solving skills and willingness to help from start to finish.

TJ Hooker Calgary, AB

PROMPT, POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL 10/10. Thank you Amanda for your help tonight.

Phyllis Swayze Kingsport, TN

I'm phyllis Swayze, recently i worked withMichael from Fluent and we love our update. He gave us two medical pendants with an outdoor camera we can use on our smartphones. We are very happy with our switch to fluent. Michael was very helpful and took his time to make sure we understood everything. I would reccomend Fluent to anyone looking g for a good security company.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Phyllis! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Aug. 25th, 2020