Fluent Home

7.4

Eric LaFoy

Too expensive for what you get. Monthly monitoring fees plus the minimal memory for video storage almost forced one to buy more memory. This should be all automatic when you purchase the camera monitoring. Not impressed and giving consideration to discontinuing our service once this contract expires.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the want for more included video storage. If you have found that your video devices have been recording unnecessarily we would be more than happy to assist with adjusting the settings to resolve this and to help avoid exceeding the allocated storage amount. Please feel free to contact us by phone at 855-238-4826 or by email at [email protected] Thank you!

Greg and Debora Wheeler

We are unimpressed with the lengthy contract and especially the buyout clause when moving and not taking the security system with you and the new homeowners not wanting to take it over. There should be a reduced amount/small penalty instead in this case. Our entire system has been sitting in a box and inactive for the past four months and it will end up sitting there unused until we pay it off month by month. After that it will be disposed of in a landfill site. The entire system is quite new and in perfect condition. Such a shame.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Greg and Debora, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please give a call at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Walter

We have had Fluent for years and when ever we had a problem they alerted us right away which in turn saved us lots of money

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Walter, Thank you for the 5 star review!!!! We love hearing what our customers enjoy about our services. As well as how our services have benefited our customers. Ever need assistance please call us at 855.238.4826. Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Joanne

Once when our alarm went off the fluent operator did not insist that the police attend at our property although a suspicious vehicle had been noted in the area

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Joanne, Thank you for the amazing review!!! Feel free to call us at 855.238.4826. We would love to hear from you!!! Thank you for being apart of the Fluent family!!

Sep. 28th, 2021

Nathan

In the first few years we had Fluent, they were very attentive, but once we signed on for a second term, they lost interest in us, despite the fact that we are paying absolutely top dollar compared to competitors.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Nathan, Thank you for your review! We would love for you to call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Sep. 29th, 2021

Kevin and Theresa Olea Kelso, WA

Very hard to be able talk to a human and when you do they do not do very well at getting the information on your account so that you do not have to pay bills that are not suppose to come anyway. They also have been over charging me on my monthly bill for who knows how long because my items have been already paid for, for some time now. I only know this because my mother passed away and I had to deal with everything and she was being overcharged for a while..

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Kevin and Theresa, I am so sorry you had a bad experience. We would love for you to call us at 855.238.4826 so we can correct this and turn it into a positive experience for you! Look forward to hearing from you!!

Sep. 29th, 2021

Amanda W

Locked into contract with equipment that no longer works. I called to look at options. Was told by 3 different Fluent staff that my contract was up so I could cancel with no charge. 3 weeks later a bill for well over $1000 shows up. Apparently there was a different contract hiding somewhere. How convenient it showed up for Fluent after I was told I no longer had a contract by multiple people! Haven't armed the broken system in over 2 years. Still paying $75 a month for another year. I don't recommend anyone sign anything with fluent.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Amanda W, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!

Sep. 30th, 2021

Jeremy Peters

Worth every penny saved me a lot of money temp sensors caught it when furnace went out and I was gone could have been way worse

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Jeremy, Thank you for the 5 star review!! Appreciate you taking the time to let others know what you value in our services!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!

Brittany

Generally works pretty well but have had a few things happen. Recently the alarm went off after leaving the house but we did not get a call about it.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Brittany, Thank you for amazing review!!! We appreciate you taking the time to write this review! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Debra Cook Edmonton, AB

Super help setting up a new carbon monoxide detector. Bob patiently walked me through the necessary steps. I am a long time Fluent customer, grateful for their always good service.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Debra, Thank you for the 5 star review!!!! We will make sure Bob knows they were mentioned in this review!!! Thank you sharing what you love about us here at Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!

Feb. 21st, 2022

Liz Watkins Vancouver, BC

I spoke with Dave who understood my issues and worked through them with me. Was very professional and explained things clearly. Advised me of various rules that I was not aware of. Thank you Dave!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Liz! Thank you for so much for your review! If you ever require any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 855-238-4826. Thank you again for your review!

Jun. 21st, 2022

R simpson

When I did have issues with fluent this company goes out their way to resolve the issue and that I can respect. What I did dislike starting fluent was the 5 year contract I thought that was a long commitment for a home security system.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello R Simpson, Thank you for the amazing review!! We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and share what you enjoyed about our services!

Mar. 18th, 2022

Debbie Latham Salem, OR

I am extremely upset with Fluent right now. I got a phone call the other day about updating my equipment due to FCC negating 3g and going to 4g for security systems. I was told there would be no cost to me to upgrade the system. OK, so I agreed to have tech come to my house. He came yesterday and to discover that this change is made only if I sign up for another 3 years contract. However, I still have 1 1/2 years on current contract. I wasn't planning to continue with their service when my current contract ran out, so I didn't do the upgrade. This is a bait and switch technique and I'm not happy about it. It's not my fault the FCC is upgrading and the equipment should be upgraded for free for current customers. What are you going to do about this Fluent!!!???

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Debbie, Thank you for speaking to our technician while he was on site. The reason you would pay to upgrade the communication device is outlined in Section 9 of your alarm monitoring agreement. Just like you, Fluent Home has no control over the sunsetting of the 3G cellular network. We are simply providing affordable options to our clients. If you have a reliable WiFi connection, Fluent Home can switch your primary communication to utilize your WiFi, however, if your internet were to go down, your system would not be able to communicate with our monitoring station. We are here to help and would be happy to have a member of our technical support team review the pros and cons of each option. Thank you!

Nov. 22nd, 2021

Hugh Clarke Saskatoon, SK

We've been pretty satisfied with the service received ever since we signed up. During a Low Battery fault code here, Dylan was beyond diligent to take me through each step of the process, incl the Battery replacement process. He was extremely thorough and informative. Great job!!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Hugh, Wow! Thank you for the 5 star review!!! I will make sure Dylan knows he was mentioned!! Thank you for sharing how we made your day and helped you with the issues you were having. If you ever need assistance please do not hesitate to call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Nov. 2nd, 2021

Beatrice Mohimi Airdrie, AB

I started off by giving Zia an ultimatum to come take your Security device as I was dissatisfied and disappointed with your service and I was going with another company. She calmed me down and step by step the issue was resolved. Great Customer Service!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Beatrice, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! I will make sure Zia knows she was mentioned We are very proud to know that you decided to stay and our agents customer service skills .were top notch to satisfy a negative into a positive. If you ever need assistance please call us at 855.238.4826. We would love to hear from you!!!

Nov. 3rd, 2021

Senesta Collier Riverdale, GA

I've had a problem with my doorbell camera for a while. I call fluent, and we tried several things. I even tried the steps on my phone, but still had the same problem. Yesterday I call fluent again and got Mandp P. She help solve my problems with excellent customer service. If I have any problems in the future, I would request Mandy P.

Reply from Fluent Home

Thank you Senesta for the amazing review! Love hearing how our staff have helped our valued customers!!! I will make sure Mandy knows you mentioned her!

Sep. 23rd, 2021

I have a defective security panel. I have called and gone through tech support as well as customer service 4 times. Today was my 5th phone call to fluent to resolve this issue. I must say I was very irritated due to no lasting resolution with this security panel until today. Today, I was lucky enough to speak with customer support employee, Ashrita! She handled the situation with understanding and grace. Your company is so lucky to have her as an employee. I wish all companies had employees like her. She listened to me complain and then quickly resolved the issue. I went from being annoyed to extremely pleased. She deserves all the credit. I wish I could give her a raise! She deserves it! Thank you, Laura N

Reply from Fluent Home

Thank you Laura for the amazing review!! I love hearing how our caring staff have helped make our customers smile and give a positive experience!!!! I will make sure Ashrita gets kudos for what she did for you!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Shaughnessa Allgood West Jordan, UT

The whole experience with support was great from the quick chat responses to being transferred to tier 2 support, everyone was happy and very helpful. I was great service I requested a email because I wanted to give praise for a truly positive experience.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Shaughnessa, We are so glad you had a positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We really appreciate you! Fluent

Susan Stevens Spruce Grove, AB

I called and Mandy P helped me get my security cameras operational after they had been down for weeks. No other Fluent tech was able to help during numerous calls. Mandy P is very friendly and knowledgeable and if I could request here everytime I call, I definitely would. Thanks Mandy!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Susan, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad you had a good experience. Thank you for being a great customer! Fluent

Cathy Folsom, CA

Ashrita was amazing with assisting me. I was having a difficult time opening the sensor to replace the batteries. She sent me photos that were extremely helpful and with her positivity I successfully got the cover off! Anyone getting Ashrita as their rep will be lucky. Thank you for all your help.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Cathy, We are so glad you had a positive experience. Thank you so much for your feedback and for being a great customer! Fluent

LOREN SIMONDS Salem, OR

Until today with Dylan S I would rate your customer service as piss poor lousy service. He gave me far more support and willing ness to help than all other contacts combined. He was courteous professional and gave me confidence that things will be addressed.

Hello Loren, Thank you so much for your feedback! Fluent

Gerald Pierce Lac La Biche, AB

On June 11, 2021, we were assisted by Kirstie and her service was excellent! She was reliable and dependable and honored her word. She resolved our concerns and she did so in a timely manner. Also, on May 17, 2021 a technician came to our home with the intent to install security cameras that we had ordered. He was very honest and gave us excellent service but told us Fluent cameras would not work for us due to our poor internet. However, all other dealings we had with Fluent support staff/ management since May4, 2021 up until the present time was terrible and completely unacceptable! We made multiple phone calls to Fluent during this time period and dealt with Mitchel, Kurt, Misclee, Emlma, John, Jason, Josh, and Nicholas. For the most part, none of them returned calls when promised and nobody resolved our requests for service ! On top of that, on many, many occasions when we called Fluent, we spent hours and hours waiting on the phone when we were put on hold waiting for someone to help us. As an example, prior to speaking to Kirstie today, we were put on hold for 3 hours and 44 minutes waiting for Nicholas to get back to us! He never did get back to us so we finally requested a callback. Kirstie provided the callback and, as already mentioned, gave exemplary service. We are satisfied with the home security provided by Fluent, but are extremely dissatisfied with customer service and communication.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Gerald, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!!!

Nov. 3rd, 2021

Amy Brown Westlock, AB

Tyler P and his team Thomas were excellent to deal with. They were friendly, informative and set us up with all the cameras and security system we needed. They went out of their way every day to ensure we were taken care of. I would highly recommend.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Amy, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We love hearing how our agents have made our customers smile and enjoy our services!!!!

Nov. 4th, 2021

Angela Avari Dawson Creek, BC

Just wanted to update my banking - had an excellent time talking with Mandy! She was extremely nice and kind, answered all my questions, updated my stuff and assisted me with my camera / app issue. I very much enjoyed her help and made me feel good! Great job Mandy :)

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Angela, Thank you for the 5 star review!! I will make sure Mandy knows she was mentioned! We love hearing how our agents have helped our customers!!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!

Nov. 4th, 2021

Luis Arevalo Airdrie, AB

BRAVO, Tech Support William. Thank you for a JOB WELL DONE! My experience with Fluent Tech Support has really been excellent today. William showed his technical, problem solving skills and willingness to help from start to finish.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Luis, Thank you for the amazing review!! We love hearing how our staff have helped our customers! We will make sure William is given kudos for his technical and problem solving skills! Thank you Luis for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Diane Kingsport, TN

I recently updated my previous alarm system to Fluent Home and love it. I added two outdoor cameras with their Fluent Home phone app so I can access my system anytime anywhere. Very happy with my decision to switch. Michael was very helpful and informative.

Reply from Fluent Home

Thank you for your review, Diane! We always love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Aug. 25th, 2020

Kathy Akron, OH

They have a quick response time. Polite people to work the calls. The customer service is wonderful. They take their time to answer all your questions. Today Michelle was amazing in all aspect, answering questions, getting papers I needed and setting up a repair call.

Reply from Fluent Home

Thank you for your review, Kathy! We love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 15th, 2020

Donna Cary Reno, NV

Michelle talked me through a Bypass procedure. I have a faulty overhead garage door sensor that was pre-existing. Rather than pay for the expense of replacing it right now, I elected to disarm it. She gave me the information to temporarily bypass it but then gave me another way to permanently bypass the faulty sensor. Michelle was extremely professional and made sure I had the sequences written down.

Reply from Fluent Home

Thanks so much for the review, Donna! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 13th, 2020

CURTIS NIELSEN Los Angeles, CA

Awesome product and product support. Trevor was an educated and helpful sales rep without being pushy. I needed technical help to solve some issues and Amanda was super helpful and friendly. If all technical support people were as awesome as she, companies would lose very few customers.

Reply from Fluent Home

Thanks so much for the review, Curtis! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 8th, 2020

Ron Ashmore Meridian, ID

The sales rep and Installers were amazingly pleasant, clean, and efficient. I needed help and was able to chat with a representative named Bridgette. She was very knowledgeable and took care of my online account issues. Her patience and kindness are appreciated!

Reply from Fluent Home

Thanks so much for the review, Ron! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 1st, 2020

Michelle Tate Edmonton, AB

I love calling Fluent because they are always happy to help and there is never a long wait time when I call. Bridgette was very helpful in guiding me through the process of accessing my online account and also helped guide me through making the necessary adjustments.

Reply from Fluent Home

Thanks so much for the review, Michelle! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 24th, 2020

Barbara Peters Alder Point, NS

I like this company because it keeps my home and family safe. I get messages when I know the alarm is set and disarm. I can now sleep because if anything happens the alarm will let us know. I have nothing bad to say about this company . Kasandra and the rest of their team are very understanding and a lot of help.

Reply from Fluent Home

Thank you for your review, Barbara! We love feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 22nd, 2020

Stephanie Howse ,

We became fluent customers in 2019. The previous alarm company had a flood sensor that was supposedly working and didn’t alert us to water in our basement. So we had a flood and had $30000 in damages. We switched to fluent , who used the same flood sensor from ADT, said it was working. I had an alert Monday eve around 7. I called customer support who said they did not have the flood sensor in the monitoring system. We tried to add it unsuccessfully. I was very upset by this, as we thought we were protected from a potential flood but were not. I spoke with a lady Diya, she was great and sent us a free sensor( was worth $150}. I want to thank her, she was very professional and understanding. This has changed my opinion of fluent, so hoping their customer service continues in the manner as Diya performed.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hey Stephanie, We'd like to make this right for you and get a new sensor sent out. We were unable to locate your account by just your name. Would you mind sending us your address, and we'll get this looked after right away!

Apr. 15th, 2020

Abe A-Q Maple Ridge, BC

Sam was extremely friendly never gave me an issue I like when I can call in and feel like you guys understand me much better then talking to a voice message I had a great experience keep up the good work fluent Def will be sticking with you guys.

Reply from Fluent Home

Thank you for your review, Abe! We love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 8th, 2020

Alicia Bergman Sarnia, ON

We like the customer service! They pick up the phone quickly and the person on the other end is always more then helpful! one thing I don’t like is that a lot of the times our camera does not pick up things. “Husband gets home and it doesn’t pick up him in the driveway, but the next time he leaves it does” as an example!

Reply from Fluent Home

Thank you so much for your review, Alicia! That is so great to hear about our agents! The camera sensitivity can be adjusted if it doesn't pick everything up that you would like it to. If you give us a call at 855-238-4826 when you have a few minutes we would be more than happy to help you with that. Thank you for choosing Fluent!

Mar. 24th, 2020

Fernand Thibault Saskatoon, SK

So the service is great. Just spoke to Amanda who completed my requests quickly and effecently with only a short interruption to gather more information. I thank you for the service. The only complaint would be that I was not able to send an email to the address given on my brochure. www.fluenthome.com Do you have a different address?

KMLatson Dallas, TX

I spoke w/Tyler in Te h Support. He resolved my issue . He patiently walked me through troubleshooting steps and as I got frustrated he remained calm and helped me along the way. I love Fluent and I am grateful for the company. Thank you!

Reply from Fluent Home

Thank you for your review! We love feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Mar. 13th, 2020

Carrie Ross Edmonton, AB

Great experience overall with this company and I enjoy having the service. The traffic onto my property has decreased by 90% easy. No regrets getting the service. I have no idea what the going rate is with other companies and I do find Fluent a bit high.

Mar. 12th, 2020

cynthia brown Nashville, TN

I like my new system, I love being able arm and disarm with the app, now the sales guy told me one thing and another was done. I called got Bridgette on the line she handled everything for me she was great, her customer service was very good, she didn't let me being upset get her upset. Thanks again Bridgette

Reply from Fluent Home

Hi Cynthia! Thanks so much for the review! Feel free to give us a call if should you need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Michael Indianapolis, IN

I love my system. The equipment has never had issues, and customer service is very easy to get ahold of. Fluent makes my daily life easier with automation features they provide and I only pay $4 more per month than I did with ADT.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hi Michael! Thank you for the review! Fluent recently discovered w so we're working our way through these reviews. Please let us know if we can help in any way!

Daniel Slack Las Vegas, NV

I haven been with Fluent for about a year now and their technology and features are second to none. The one time I had to call in my phone call was answer very fast. I like being able to control my garage door with the same app as my alarm system and doorbell camera. ADT did not have a lot options for what I was paying.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hi Daniel! Thank you for the review! We're sorry we're getting back to you so late - Fluent just recently discovered .

Pat Oak Grove, LA

I have had very good luck with Fluent. I get someone on the phone system within 1-2 minutes. When I had had several false alarms, I realized what it was and the Tech man came out and fixed it in 1-2 days. So far I am very satisfied and love the remote monitoring system. The only downside is that I pay twice what I paid a previous company. But that company didn't contact me until 10 minutes after the alarm went off - that was disturbing. So I think I'm paying for much better service.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hi Pat- thank you for your feedback. Fluent recently discovered and we are working through our reviews so we apologize for the delay. Please contact our office at 855.238.4826 for further assistance.

Al Whitehill Papillion, NE

Dave was working on a Saturday morning and he helped us so much. We were so confused about why our alarm kept beeping and in a very short time he fixed it and clearly explained all we needed to know! He is a great asset to your company. Very patient and knowledgeable. We are so thankful that he was working when we called! Thank you!👍🏻

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are very glad to hear that you had such a great experience with David, we are extremely happy to have him on our team. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Feb. 24th, 2022

Joyce A Baynham Kansas City, MO

I can see whose at my home where ever I'm at! And I can Talk through the intercom And no one will know if I'm That I'm not at home! I always Know when someone is on my Porch! I can leave my purse on the porch " and no one will touch it! If I didn't have the doorbell Camera my purse would have been taken! Thanks to my doorbell camera!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Joyce, Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share what you love about the products we offer! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!!

Feb. 21st, 2022

Roger Barron Spruce Grove, AB

I had battery replacement issues, door lock operation issues and an expiring carbon monoxide detector. Mandy P was very helpful in resolving my issues. She was patient and thorough in troubleshooting and fixing the problems. She made sure everything was working and I was satisfied. Thank you.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear that you have had this experience with Mandy, we are certainly glad to have her on the team. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Jan. 19th, 2022

Sherri Saskatoon, SK

Katie was courteous and very informative! I am very pleased with the service!

Jayson Burningham Saratoga Springs, UT

Equipment is really nice. Two way audio on all the cameras. Installer that came out was awesome.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hi, Jayson. Your feedback is highly appreciated. We're pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you so much for the review!

Sep. 15th, 2022

KALINA LOKELANI KELLETT Portland, OR

Oh darn... I forgot to write her name down... I think it was something like Sasarita... she was the Greatest!! My alarm every so often says there's motion detection when I come home and unlock the front door and before I can punch in my 4 digit code...which it did today that caused a big mess-up that brought the cops to the door. So I called Customer Service and Sasarita talked me through everything that included me taking down the motion sensor and checking the pet setting and the sensitivity level She stayed with me until I had the sensor back in place and all screwed down...which was not an easy feat.! And when it was all done, Sasarita double checked everything to make sure that everything was System Ready. She was Most Patient and Pleasant and Helpful throughout the whole telephone call which was an hour and 33 minutes! Mahalo nui loa Sasarita! Aloha kakou, Kalina Lokelani Kellett

Reply from Fluent Home

Thank you Kalina for your amazing review!! I will make sure Ashrita knows how you feel about how she helped you!!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!!

Jenna Bennett Fort St. John, BC

This most recent experience is the best I have ever had with fluent. If I have gotten customer service like I did today from David C I would not leave. But I know it took me 3 years of problems to get the proper help and I can’t wait 3 more years to somehow get David again when a problems arises (a lot during the year and actually 3 times in the last 6 weeks). David was down to earth and very pleasant to talk to. He was also extremely helpful. I could go on and on about how good he is. He deserves a raise and a yearly bonus!!!!

Reply from Fluent Home

Thanks so much for the review, Jenna! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 20th, 2020

B Flam DeSoto, TX

By far the worst alarm company I have ever dealt with, you cant just let contract expire, you cant call 45 and 30 days out to let them know that you will not renew, no you have to give them 30 days written notice, If you forget AUTOMATIC RENEWAL so you are stuck with them for another 3 years if you like them or not it does not matter, the service is average, once someone signs a contract their goal is to lock you in forever, I have hired Vivint and ADT, had no trouble leaving after contract expire, but with these guys Lots of problems, do youself a favor and stay far awar from this company.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! I am sorry to hear that your experience with our company has not met your expectations. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we would love the opportunity to regain your trust. If you can give us a call at 855-238-4826, we would be more than happy to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you!

Jun. 21st, 2022