Fluent Security

6.7

Leeann McLaughlin Ludwigshafen am Rhein, RP

The security system works effectively. HOWEVER beware of there contracts. You are locked in. My contract was for 5 years. It ended I was told I could cancel at anytime. I attempted to cancel via phone wasted 2 hours on the phone on 2 separate occasions. The 3rd time I was told I had to give written notice. I did this. THEN they say the cancellation has to go through a review process that takes 30 days so I will be billed again. They are sneaky. Don’t sign any contracts with them. Terrible customer service.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Leeann  so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. What can I do to make it right? Please do not hesitate to call us at 855.238.4826. We would love to help you get this resolved!

Doris Tambasco Sherwood Park, AB

This company is not customer Oriented at all. We have had an issue with my mothers alarm for since 2018 we have been trying to work with the company to get the alarm in working order as well. That has been uneventful and trying to cancel the contract that DOES NOT have my mothers signature on it. It is in the same hand writing as the rep that apparently hooked her for another 5 years. My mother elderly 82 has been hooked by this company for 9 years and they refuse to let her out of her contract. The sales reps or customer service reps just read their que cards and don't even listen. I would recommend not using this company and absolutely if you have an elderly person do not allow them near the property without someone else in attendance.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Doris I am so sorry you had a bad experience. I would love to help make it right! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We are looking forward to hearing from you!!!!

Kathia

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!! From pressure sales, to lies, not returning messages. to hang ups when we did get through, there was nothing honorable about these people. It took over two months to get them to remove equipment from our home even though we did everything as outlined in the contract, to cancel within the 10 day grace period. Even now, months later I find out they have changed their name and continue to withdraw payments from our bank account. I hope after the bank investigation they get charged with Fraud. Don't feel just because there was a stop payment put in place, you are finished with them. Be diligent. I will never recommend this company to anyone I know. Kathia Edwards

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Kathia I am so sorry you had a bad experience. What can I do to make this right? Please feel free to call us at 855.238.4826. We would love to turn this into a positive for you!

Stephanie Jurina Edmonton, AB

No stars, but had to click at least one. Horrible service.!! Called 2 months in advance to get alarm sensors reinstalled bc getting new doors and frames installed and wanted to give ample notice. They said no, call a week before. Soooo, I called a week before to schedule bc they said that was all the notice they needed and when I called the week before I needed they could not fulfill the date. They gave me a later date AND then didn’t show up for the date scheduled!!! Schedule again and the tech doesn’t look at what he needs to do, just says the wire is broken and he can’t reinstall. The wires are behind the base board….so he never even saw that they were intact and in perfect condition!!!!!!!!!!! Don’t show for scheduled service, give false info, tech inadequate and lies in write up. Makes us look stupid. Been 2 weeks without alarm working and now they can’t have someone back till Aug 20 to reinstall, if the tech shows up and capable of drilling 2 holes. Ughhhh…. Stuck in the contract unless I pay 80% of owing amount. Monthly payment x years left in contract. DO NOT HAVE THEM AS YOUR SECURITY PROVIDER. They will say sorry sorry sorry till blue in the face, but you’re stuck unless you pay out the thousands to cancel. Fine if you don’t have to deal with them, but look out when you call in. Managers will not call you back, or take a call. I waited on hold for 40 minutes and on hold again for 30min!! What kind of service is that????? Customer service 0% Technicians 0% Managers 0%. Sales guy 100% for sucking us into this

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Stephanie Jurina. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. Please feel free to call us at 855.238.4826. We would love to help find a resolution!

Bruce Peacock

Never had to use any of their services. Their App worked intermittently. 3 hours after alarm went off due to power failure received a phone message that was not understandable. They do know how to collect money. Emailed and called to cancel account. Was told account was closed but still withdrawing money from my account. Phoned and was told they needed a written request to close account. Then another cash withdrawal. After two and a half months finally put stop payment on account then received paper work that account was closed previous month.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Bruce, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Gwen Salyer Marion, OH

Talked to them about not renewing my contract. Never once mentioned if I didn't notify them 30 days in advance that my contract renewed for a YEAR!! They could send customers a notice in an email so you would know. They don't want to remind you, because they only care about the money, not the customers. Now some contracts renew for 3 yrs and some for 5 yrs! I think there a low life company.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Gwen, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love the opportunity to correct this for you! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Justin Dayton, OH

The company lied repeatedly. We were told we were on a set contract length, and when we tried to cancel it, we were lied to that it was cancelled. Then it was renewed and we had to pay for it for another year or pay the years cost in early termination. The app never did half of what the company promised it would. When the sensors started to go bad, the company wouldn't come out to replace batteries or replace sensors that had broken.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Justin, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Jerry Dayton, OH

Can't think of any negatives. I am called when there is a false alarm and all information needed is requested by the Fluent representative.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Jerry, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We love hearing what our agents have done and what our customers value in our services!!!! Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review!!!

DEEPAK CHAITANYA

Excellent products & service. I’ve been a user for 7 years and have never been disappointed at all. It’s reliable and worth it

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Deepak, Thank you for the 5 star review!! Thank you for sharing what you value in the services we offer!!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!!

Dan Adrian

If we set off the alarm we could count on them phoning or talking to us on the alarm so we felt safe knowing they were monitoring

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Dan, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Appreciate you taking the time to share what you value in the services we provide!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!

Jake m

Worst investment I ever made. The cameras are not as clear as they said they would be. After sales service is quite slow. Sales and people are nice just not happy with the product. I have 2 $75 cameras that Ive had no issues with, none I've had 2 robberies and these cameras have helped nothing!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Jake, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to correct this for you. Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!!

Theresa

Customer experience is horrible. To upgrade you have to resign long contracts. But tech changes too fast for 5 years to be logged in. Calling asking for some help to reduce my contact there was zero wiggle room, nothing. I asked to speak to his boss and he insisted he is has high as I could get. Total BS. So now I am stuck with a bill for a system I hate and don't use. I have taken everything out and put my own system in. Unless you really have a need for system monitoring, just set up your own. TSC does 12 pmts for things. See BBB reviews too. Horrible and condescending responses.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Theresa, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can I correct this for you? Please call 855.238.4826. We would love to hear from you!!!!

larry Junction City, KY

They do call most of the time when it goes off but can't get them to come out and replace a sensor can't get them on customer service do not tell you everything about the service. Can't stop the service. Don't like them will not recommend to anyone

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Larry, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Bob

We are constantly having issues with the hardware. When you call Customer Service, they are always there to help, but I find they are not proactive to let us know if there is an issue with our system. We had 3 months where we paid for monitoring but our system wasn't syncing with them and no one alerted us to that.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Bob, I am sorry you had a bad experience. Thank you for sharing the positive experience you have had as well. We would love to turn your whole experience into something positive!!! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!!

Jean

We were tricked into signing for another five-year term. I signed on an iPad for what I thought was approval for a service call, but way above the spot for the signature was an agreement to extend the contract. We never received a digital copy of that until we tried to cancel the original contract.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Jean, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this fro you? We wold love to discuss this with you and turn this into a positive experience!! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Anna Hoople

Their cost is reasonable, they respond very quickly, they have provided us with great service when there are technical issues.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Anna, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you for sharing what you love about Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!!

Val

I’ve had two floods in the past 10 months and if it wasn’t for the water alarm going off, I would have had more damage than I did.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Val, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Appreciate you sharing how Fluent was able to help you!!!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!

Arthur Mitchell

Have bunch sensors off, not sure why, changed all batteries, still nothing . Can't alarm cause glass break sensor front door sensor and back window? Also o2 sensor bang it and no alarm goes off. Do they do nothing when they must see its never alarmed? I pay for nothing I guess. Then to pay a tech to come out is plain dumb I pay enough already for nothing.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Arthur, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to turn this into a positive experience for you! We would love to hear from you and troubleshoot the technical issues you are experiencing! Pleas call us at 855.238.4826.

Linda wood

Anytime I need answers they were always able to answer my question or if they didn’t know right away they would get back to me with the answer

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Linda, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you for sharing what you love about Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!!

Jack Holden Valier, MT

They make it almost impossible to get out of the contract with them. I've been a customer for 8 years and they tried to tell me they had a recording of me renewing. I told them to prove it and then was told oh yeah we can't find it. Then since I hadn't cancelled 30 days before auto renewal they wanted me to pay the full year. Do not do business with this company!!!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Jack. I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? We would love to discuss you account with you! Please call us at 855.238.4826.

Willie Woods Spokane, WA

Always receive a call when alarm goes off. Feel very safe knowing that I have this system and help is the way if needed.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Willie, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you for sharing what you love about Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!!

Lorne Walters

Cause there wasn't a 0! I was talked into changing from ADT to Fluent for better service--what a mistake. I pay almost $50 for an outdated system. A few years ago, Fluent came to my door offering a lower rate not telling me I was locked in. 1 1/2 years I changed my internet cable from Shaw to Telus. Telus offered me home security but when I went to cancel Fluent, I was told it would be $2500 payout (what a joke). POOR customer service, constant problems, on the phone for hours trying resolve problems after being on hold for hours. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER !!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Lorne, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? We would love to hear from you! Please call us at 855.238.4826.

Roger

Monitors my alarm status 24/7 on a real time basis. The Control Center calls my home phone number when there is an alarm.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Roger, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you for sharing what you love about Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!!

Titus Dayton, OH

They should do more with doorbell cameras but all their stuff is reliable. Besides having to put in a battery one time, I haven’t had to do anything.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear that you have found the equipment to be reliable. If you would like to discuss how we can improve in reference to the doorbell, please give us a call at 855-238-4826 and we would be happy to speak with you. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Steve Kalispell, MT

Support has issues. I can’t get anybody to come out here. If they do show up they don’t have the batteries to replace the ones that need replacing. It works except for the issues.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Steve, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!

Ben Mooresville, IN

After having to deal with their customer service, I don’t have many nice things to say about them. They were not very receptive to our needs. You are on hold forever to speak with someone. I waited forty five minutes. They need to overhaul their renewal contacts. It is not fair to hold someone accountable to a five hundred dollar fee after they have been a customer for five years and they want to cancel their service because of a medical condition when they have to move out of their house.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Ben, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!

Carolyn Rockport, IN

When the alarm is turned on, I don’t have to worry. I feel secure. I never have any problem with it. It always works good.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Carolyn, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you for sharing what you love about Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!!

Joan Richmond, KY

Can’t fault them as long as it works and it works. Even when I ask them things that are kind of hard, they always do it for me.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Joan, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you for sharing what you love about Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!!

Anonymous Akron, OH

Seems to work. When I call them, they are able to help me. We save money and get pretty much the same service as anywhere else.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear that we have been able to help you save money and have been available to help when you have questions. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Nov. 7th, 2021

Lela Des Moines, IA

Really enjoy it. It works pretty good. The best thing is the security. Every time something happens, they always call to see if there was a problem.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We certainly strive to be responsive when an alarm activates. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

George Mc Keesport, PA

Technically easy and good customer service. They should call their customers on a regular basis to make sure all the equipment is working.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are very glad to hear that you have found the service easy to use and the support to be good. We thank you for the feed back in reference to the ongoing contact with customers. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Jillian Denver, CO

The best thing about having Fluent Security is the peace of mind knowing that my house is safe and monitored. The equipment is updated and working well. They always honor integrity. They are pretty responsive.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear that we have helped provide you with peace of mind and have been responsive when you need us. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Patrick Duffy

I would have rated a 5/5 except we have had problems with our monitoring equipment lately so we need to get that straight before i would give a 5/5 and 10/10 on referral.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. I was not able to locate the account using the information contained in the review. However, if you have had any continued issue with the equipment, please feel free to give us a call at 855-238-4826 and any agent will be happy to assist. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Ricardo Las Vegas, NV

Excellent service and customer friendly. They have worked with me with the payments and they quality of their products is great.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so happy to hear that we were able to provide you with payments and equipment that are aligned with your expectations. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Christy

They have been good to me over the past years. I have heard of others that renewed their contract getting a discount on monthly monitoring fees that I didnt get offered.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We provide the option to renegotiate the agreement within 18 months of its end date to all customers. If you are within this time range or would like to speak with us about this process, please feel free to give us a call at 855-238-4826 and any agent will be happy to speak with you. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Anonymous Salem, OR

Fluent isn't local, and fleeced me into continuing with the company for a $7 monthly discount without realizing that I was getting locked into a multi-year contract. Tried to quit, told me it would be $500 to buy out of contract - told me to contact my new company, they said they would work with me to buy out fluent. Called back to get what I needed, talked to someone else, and they told me that it would be $1200, not $500. They are a garbage company.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience, we are sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can completely understand your frustration in a situation of this nature. Thank you for your feed back!

D L

Worst company ever! Never even used their system, because it often malfunctioned, door sensors often didn't work, the smoke alarm would go off for shower heat, and they would call. moved and no longer wanted them in my house, wouldn't let me out of contract, equipment is still in old house because I couldn't be bothered to use their service again. I will pay out my contract and be done with their garbage equipment.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello D L, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we turn this into a positive experience for you? We would love to hear from you!! Please call us at 855.238.4826.

Oct. 28th, 2021

Gale Skjonsberg

They have helped when ever we have had a problem. The men that I have talked to have been very good @ telling me how to set things. I am 82

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Gale, Wow thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you for sharing your experience and what you love about us!!!! If you ever need su you can call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Oct. 28th, 2021

Rhona Cartier

Their equipment is garbage constantly having issues and they charge to come fix their garbage also my alarm went off when I was out and my sister was my person to call and she called them back right away cuz we have a dog and she knows he matters more to be then anything but when she called they put her on hold for 20 minutes and my dog hasn’t been the same cuz of the noise it made and they couldn’t turn it off with my permission cuz I couldn’t get home right away

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Rhona, I ma sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to turn this into a positive experience for you. Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Oct. 26th, 2021

Walter

System computer went black,called fire department after I called and told them the system failed.it took 3 weeks before some one came out and replaced computer board,we stressed that it was a winery and we needed security but we were told Covid was to blame.we got charged for the full month even though we didn’t have security.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information to [email protected] so we can reach out to you?

Apr. 7th, 2021

John Crandall Hillsboro, OR

They're a good company who lives up to their reputation and follows thru to make sure their equipment is working properly. Even if they are a bit more expensive then most

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear that we have followed through and ensured that the equipment is working as expected. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Eric LaFoy

Too expensive for what you get. Monthly monitoring fees plus the minimal memory for video storage almost forced one to buy more memory. This should be all automatic when you purchase the camera monitoring. Not impressed and giving consideration to discontinuing our service once this contract expires.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience, we are very sorry to hear that it has not been a good one. We can certainly understand the want for more included video storage. If you have found that your video devices have been recording unnecessarily we would be more than happy to assist with adjusting the settings to resolve this and to help avoid exceeding the allocated storage amount. Please feel free to contact us by phone at 855-238-4826 or by email at [email protected] Thank you!

Greg and Debora Wheeler

We are unimpressed with the lengthy contract and especially the buyout clause when moving and not taking the security system with you and the new homeowners not wanting to take it over. There should be a reduced amount/small penalty instead in this case. Our entire system has been sitting in a box and inactive for the past four months and it will end up sitting there unused until we pay it off month by month. After that it will be disposed of in a landfill site. The entire system is quite new and in perfect condition. Such a shame.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Greg and Debora, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please give a call at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Walter

We have had Fluent for years and when ever we had a problem they alerted us right away which in turn saved us lots of money

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Walter, Thank you for the 5 star review!!!! We love hearing what our customers enjoy about our services. As well as how our services have benefited our customers. Ever need assistance please call us at 855.238.4826. Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Joanne

Once when our alarm went off the fluent operator did not insist that the police attend at our property although a suspicious vehicle had been noted in the area

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Joanne, Thank you for the amazing review!!! Feel free to call us at 855.238.4826. We would love to hear from you!!! Thank you for being apart of the Fluent family!!

Sep. 28th, 2021

Nathan

In the first few years we had Fluent, they were very attentive, but once we signed on for a second term, they lost interest in us, despite the fact that we are paying absolutely top dollar compared to competitors.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Nathan, Thank you for your review! We would love for you to call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Kevin and Theresa Olea Kelso, WA

Very hard to be able talk to a human and when you do they do not do very well at getting the information on your account so that you do not have to pay bills that are not suppose to come anyway. They also have been over charging me on my monthly bill for who knows how long because my items have been already paid for, for some time now. I only know this because my mother passed away and I had to deal with everything and she was being overcharged for a while..

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Kevin and Theresa, I am so sorry you had a bad experience. We would love for you to call us at 855.238.4826 so we can correct this and turn it into a positive experience for you! Look forward to hearing from you!!

Amanda W

Locked into contract with equipment that no longer works. I called to look at options. Was told by 3 different Fluent staff that my contract was up so I could cancel with no charge. 3 weeks later a bill for well over $1000 shows up. Apparently there was a different contract hiding somewhere. How convenient it showed up for Fluent after I was told I no longer had a contract by multiple people! Haven't armed the broken system in over 2 years. Still paying $75 a month for another year. I don't recommend anyone sign anything with fluent.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Amanda W, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!

Sep. 30th, 2021

Jeremy Peters

Worth every penny saved me a lot of money temp sensors caught it when furnace went out and I was gone could have been way worse

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Jeremy, Thank you for the 5 star review!! Appreciate you taking the time to let others know what you value in our services!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!

Sep. 24th, 2021

Brittany

Generally works pretty well but have had a few things happen. Recently the alarm went off after leaving the house but we did not get a call about it.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Brittany, Thank you for amazing review!!! We appreciate you taking the time to write this review! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Sep. 24th, 2021