Fluent Security Logo

Fluent Security

6.9

Dave

Did not like the way the door to door sales operated. We were not left with any copies of the contract and we had to phone to have one emailed. The contract that was emailed did not have the right start date. The door to door sales person had handwritten the date and I had signed, yet when I received the contract, my signature was there but the date was typewritten.

Richard Golany

Have been a customer for several years, and things went pretty well up until I called in and asked Fluent to shut down my system and i was moving. After speaking with the member, he agreed to shut down my system and finalize our agreement since i had been such a good customer for many years. Due to the Covid nonsense it destroyed my business and I had to move on to other things. however, Fluent did NOT shut down my system even though I was 1000 km away from it ! Fluent continues to bill me for a service that clearly I am not using. bottom line is they do not care about their customers, they only care about the $$$. too bad, like most companies that start out working hard to provide great service grow so large, they no longer need to focus on you the customer, they now focus only on the the $$$ at all cost, they will hold you down even if your bleeding.

Doug Plantz Edmonton, AB

Moving and trying to cancel account and there is no way to do this, they put you on hold never phone back, very poor service, We have had equipment for 6 years so it is not that are equipment is not paid for. we have to resort to blocking are credit card to stop payment.

John Bilka Reno, NV

Constant problems with this company. The salesman was not honest is what the system could and could not do. I have an outbuilding where I store a classic car. It is 125 feet from the home. I was told that the alarm could extent that far and cover the windows, doors and even provide a remote keypad there. Wrong! Nothing but malfunctions and false alarms. There tech support suggested I move either the main panel in the home or the outbuilding so it is within 75 feet. So either I move the house or the remote garage 50 feet to get the system to work. Worthless.

Tara Ramsey Lawrenceville, GA

Last few call have not been good reps just telling me stuff to get me off the. Phone that’s was not the case with Reg or Nicole they actually took the time to listen and resolve my issues.

Sandy Cojocar Regina, SK

When something goes wrong the problem is taken care of of as fast as they can do it. But being a senior they don’t rush me if I have to check anything

Benford Green Richmond, IN

Did not keep up their equipment. Did not service equipment when needed. Could not trouble shoot over the phone. Many times we couldn’t set the alarm because it would go off for no reason and we would have to return home to disarm it.

Cindy Lund Havre, MT

Exterior camera system is lousy. I'm tied into a long term contract and am stuck with them. The interior cameras are good, outside cameras are shut off.

Judith Sander Kalispell, MT

I feel that my house is well protected and they have helped me on the phone when there is a problem.

John Reed Hudson, CO

I have a broken CO2 detector that they wont fix. I also want out of my contract but can't because it is auto renewed. My system is old and they wont upgrade it. I have been with them for 10+ years and this is how I am treated.

Cindy Galloway, OH

Poor invoice procedures & record keeping of payments. No newsletters or other communications other than attempting to collect on an already made payment.

Ryan Linster

Horrible. I want to cancel and they can’t even do it over the phone. My contract is up and they try to make you stay with them and won’t let you cancle unless you write an email.

(Bean) Armenus Myles

They have always been here when I need them and whenever I go on line and ask a question they are always fast to respond.

Greg

They should offer their good standing customers the best rate without having to play negotiating game between their departments and what certain departments can offer

Gloria Toledo, OH

Because they are not a local company , I would feel better if they were local. Fluent doesn't seem to be well known is my area.

Timothy Stodola

Door locks don't work properly and had them come out to fix and don't want to replace faulty equipment just try to get it working any old way

Juanita Denver, CO

Prices are really competitive and it is easy and convenient. Sometimes it is hard to get a hold of people because they are not in my area.

David Columbus, OH

It is cheaper because they use other people’s equipment. All my problems I’ve called about have been solved.

Rose Fort Wayne, IN

Wouldn’t recommend Fluent to anybody. The equipment is garbage. It wakes me up at one thirty in the morning and I yanked it off the wall and threw it in the garbage. They also lied to me about the contract. They told me it was two years but it really is five years.

Titus Dayton, OH

They should do more with doorbell cameras but all their stuff is reliable. Besides having to put in a battery one time, I haven’t had to do anything.

Nancy Cut Bank, MT

Pushy salesman. The service tech doesn’t live in our state but they come from far away anytime we have a problem. They have a tax deduction.

Jason Cincinnati, OH

Good customer service. They are prompt and always alert and there for me. The equipment is good. It works well.

Terri Waterloo, IA

Since we switched to Fluent we have had no problems. It is a good service. When the alarm goes off, they call.

Shirley Dayton, OH

I had ADT for years and switched to Fluent Security because I was on the look out but now I am on the verge of going back to ADT. They were okay for the first year but after they never respond. The phone rings and rings and nobody answers.

Cecil Coram, MT

For this area Fluent Security is the quickest to contact law enforcement. The customer service is good. They are always there for you.

Gloria Columbus, OH

Disappointed with the quality. Get another company. Customer service always wants you to go outside and push buttons and stuff. I feel like they should send someone out to fix it. My doorbell is not working.

Kathy Salt Lake City, UT

Horrible cuz I recently moved and told them to cancel it. Cuz I've been going through cancer and had to move in with in-laws until I was down with chemo and radiation so we could buy a house. And they would not cancel it for me. Horrible

Lyle Smith

Was not told about parts expiring until we started running into issues with the system and had to phone about it and was not told about or shown how to change any batteries. So none of the pieces or our system are working now.

Karrie Sweet

The wait time on calls for repairs or accounts is ridiculous. Plus I have to pay for someone to fix my hardware or fix it myself?? I don’t work for fluent, I see no reason why I should have to fix THEIR repairs myself.

Ken Hoedl

We have had multiple motion sensors not functioning. Multiple calls in to have fixed. Sensors old and need to be replaced. Constant false alarms. We would like a technician to come update the system

Shawnta Decatur, GA

This company is the worst. Their Systems does not work most if the time and their customers service is awful. I had issues with this company since this was installed in my home. When I call in for tech support you be on hold for the longest to only get a rep that can log the call and take down a time and date for them to call you back. Then when you get your call back it is not at the time and date you gave them so not home to trouble shoot. Give them a new date and time you may or may not get that call back then. The system goes offline at least 4 times a month. I don't even call anymore I just reboot the system. And this is not due to my internet connection because everything else in my home stays connected with no problem and upload and download speeds are great. Tech came out to my home told him there was a 3+ minute delayed response in my doorbell notification. He fixed it test it and it worked a week later it is back to a 3+ min delay. Had the system for 3 years called to canceled was told someone will call me back and to give them 5 business days. It has been 8 days still haven't heard from no one.

Rhona Cartier

Their equipment is garbage constantly having issues and they charge to come fix their garbage also my alarm went off when I was out and my sister was my person to call and she called them back right away cuz we have a dog and she knows he matters more to be then anything but when she called they put her on hold for 20 minutes and my dog hasn’t been the same cuz of the noise it made and they couldn’t turn it off with my permission cuz I couldn’t get home right away

Walter

System computer went black,called fire department after I called and told them the system failed.it took 3 weeks before some one came out and replaced computer board,we stressed that it was a winery and we needed security but we were told Covid was to blame.we got charged for the full month even though we didn’t have security.

Fluent Security Logo

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information to [email protected] so we can reach out to you?

Apr. 7th, 2021

John Crandall Hillsboro, OR

They're a good company who lives up to their reputation and follows thru to make sure their equipment is working properly. Even if they are a bit more expensive then most

Walter

We have had Fluent for years and when ever we had a problem they alerted us right away which in turn saved us lots of money

Eric LaFoy

Too expensive for what you get. Monthly monitoring fees plus the minimal memory for video storage almost forced one to buy more memory. This should be all automatic when you purchase the camera monitoring. Not impressed and giving consideration to discontinuing our service once this contract expires.

Greg and Debora Wheeler

We are unimpressed with the lengthy contract and especially the buyout clause when moving and not taking the security system with you and the new homeowners not wanting to take it over. There should be a reduced amount/small penalty instead in this case. Our entire system has been sitting in a box and inactive for the past four months and it will end up sitting there unused until we pay it off month by month. After that it will be disposed of in a landfill site. The entire system is quite new and in perfect condition. Such a shame.

Joanne

Once when our alarm went off the fluent operator did not insist that the police attend at our property although a suspicious vehicle had been noted in the area

Nathan

In the first few years we had Fluent, they were very attentive, but once we signed on for a second term, they lost interest in us, despite the fact that we are paying absolutely top dollar compared to competitors.

Amanda W

Locked into contract with equipment that no longer works. I called to look at options. Was told by 3 different Fluent staff that my contract was up so I could cancel with no charge. 3 weeks later a bill for well over $1000 shows up. Apparently there was a different contract hiding somewhere. How convenient it showed up for Fluent after I was told I no longer had a contract by multiple people! Haven't armed the broken system in over 2 years. Still paying $75 a month for another year. I don't recommend anyone sign anything with fluent.

Kevin and Theresa Olea Kelso, WA

Very hard to be able talk to a human and when you do they do not do very well at getting the information on your account so that you do not have to pay bills that are not suppose to come anyway. They also have been over charging me on my monthly bill for who knows how long because my items have been already paid for, for some time now. I only know this because my mother passed away and I had to deal with everything and she was being overcharged for a while..

Jeremy Peters

Worth every penny saved me a lot of money temp sensors caught it when furnace went out and I was gone could have been way worse

Brittany

Generally works pretty well but have had a few things happen. Recently the alarm went off after leaving the house but we did not get a call about it.

Linda Wood Yakima, WA

Our phone assistance was superb. We are waiting for a new camera to be installed tomorrow to take care of the problem

Brian Hearns Houston, TX

Had an issue with doorbell camera. Worked with me via chat, and stayed on until problem was resolved.

Diane Imler Westland, MI

Ashripa done a great job.She explain everything to me and I like that.Glad I had a chance to have she helping me out.

Jess L

Very difficult to cancel services once our contract was up. They continued to withdraw payments from our account even after I cancelled the service. Had to go through my bank to stop the payments.

Phyllis Fort Wayne, IN

They use deceptive business practices. I tried to cancel my less-than-adequate service because I could no longer afford it, but they insist that I owe them for a year and refuse to remove their equipment.

Shonda Bashir Jackson, MS

My system doesn’t supply me with the security I need. I have no outdoor security lighting and not one camera. Most companies are offering these amenities.

Raul Espinal Cleveland, OH

Poor customer service staff member says they will call me back then call 2 days later them when they call the right agent wasn't available to fulfill my needs