Fluent Security

6.7

Ricardo Philomath, OR

The system works well. It's easy to set up and it's easy to turn off. I need to use it more often.

Edward Krause

They help resolve any problems over the phone and will send a tech person to the home if needed.

Glenn White Oregon City, OR

I canceled my service in December of 2020 but some back door item I am stuck for another year of payments which i find offensive for you as a business to force someone to maintain something that they don't want!!

Sara

Basic but good. Always friendly when I call for help. My security is basic so not sure how much it deters individuals

Jana

It’s a long story, we got fluent to take over from another security company to find out we couldn’t get out of our contract. I called and called within my 10 days to change it all back no one to this day 2 years later has come, my equipment isn’t working etc I’m never using fluent again

Adam Kidd

My alarm still doesn’t work and hasn’t for months. Even after a technician came to work on it. He left it not working but said It does. I will be cancelling my service shortly and Telus will be installing a working alarm.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information to [email protected] so we can reach out to you?

Gordon McMillan

System doesn’t do as stated, always trying to charge for services to fix their system. Fine print in contract is a rip-off for extra year, rep in Utah needs to find a job where he does not deal with people. Supervisors will not talk to customers. Worst experience ever dealing with this company

Karen

Customer service quality, ease if system use, they don’t keep bugging you after you get the system!

Tasha Bunner

Paying way too much. The panel has perpetually been on a low battery notification for years with no resolve. Upon renewal of contract I was promised an enhanced package which never materialized. Representatives have been through the neighborhood and did not follow through with any investigation of my concerns

Debra Cook

I had some problems "resetting" my CO detector with only telephone assistance. The first person did not know what to do to help.

Nancy McCafferty Phoenix, AZ

they are the worst people to work with. i had a problem that i asked to talk to a supervisor about and was told that wasn't possible. i no longer use this company for security, but because i couldn't cancel my service, i have been paying 2 companies every month.

W. Hanson

They have always been prompt with phone calls when our alarm has went off & so far their service has been excellent

Sherry Sgouromitis

Service is consistent, contact is easy, the only negative is that when control pods fail we must wait for them to be mailed. This can take some time.

Rosemary

always feel safe and secure. they always contact me within moments when i accidently set off a false alarm

Shawn

Terrible service. Terrible equipment. The app and online site are difficult to use. Adding equipment is impossible. Nothing easy about the system or contact with the company

Cathy

I know they are monitoring my home because every time I set off my alarm they are there to ask if everything is ok

Bruce

Any problems i had were handled quickly with friendly people and that it is Alberta based company sure doesn't hurt

Jared Suffolk, VA

Terrible security company. The customer service is non existent and they are usually rude. The equipment is alright initially, but starts to fall apart after a year. We’ve been having issues with our system lately and they have yet to fix the issue. They’ll be quick to get you locked into a contract (3-5) years, have a technician come out and install the system, but don’t expect to hear or see from them ever again. If something is wrong with your system, you’ll pay a service fee to have a tech come out and “fix” the issue and their equipment does fail often. Do yourself a favor and choose anyone but Fluent. We are just riding out the remaining time before we can get out of this contract. Even considering buying out the last couple of years we have left because we despise them so much.

Bradley Canton, OH

Can’t get a hold of the company. They won’t answer my questions. We are canceling them in July. It goes off all the time with false alarms.

Angela Napavine, WA

Support never gives me any problems though the equipment can be stupid sometimes.

David Toledo, OH

Simple and easy to use equipment. Customer service never has any issues.

Jay

I have called several times about an upgrade to my system and have not received a call back to discuss.

Gerry Greschner

System works well and I appreciate the calls to check on service

Kevin Nicholasville, KY

Best price and the best customer service and I like the features.

Kevin MacGillivray

Their workers are always very helpful. The billing is seamless.

George James

Good service but to expensive in comparison to other ones on market. I will not renew.

Mark Eliason

Not too impressed with the sensors, batteries always low, shouldn't be our job to change. Loss of supervision code, things always beeping.

Dixie

Easy to use app. Everything is remote which is great and so handy

Geraldine McLellan

Had an alarm at shortly after 3 AM telling us that our water was getting high

Brian Rabin

Never had any issues in the 10 or so years I've been a customer

Allem Scherlie

Always respond quickly to alarms even when cased by our error

Nyla Alger Vancouver, WA

johnny on the spot. helpful when needed always give us a call when we have a problem

Pieter

Very quick response time and knowledgeable technical support

Tasha Davis

When I've had to call them they have always helped to their best

Nancy Kadatz

The response to alarms are extremely quick and they alert the RCMP if I don’t respond

Angie

Poor site service. I’ve asked several times for someone to assist me to change batteries in my sensors. Tired of asking. I would never have continued my contract for 2 more years.

Wallace Porter

Excellent range of security ’add-on’s’. The Outside cameras beyond excellent in its video clarity!

Daryl Jones

All but impossible to communitcate with. We had a problem and getting it resloved took months. Promises of compensation were not kept and we were without service for months

Brenda Preece

Notifications of camera triggered video is far too sensitive. Have sometimes rec'd more than 100 when wind blowing.

Rodney Kuehn

I wanted to make changes and the contract is very inflexible unless you are willing to sign up for another 5 years. I think the plan is too expensive for what else is out there and company is unwilling to modify.

AMJ

System indicated low batteries - no info on type of battery or how to access battery in flood detector

Darren Hasein

There has been some issues for example my motion sensor went off when we were not home and they called me told me and said I needed to go check it out

Anonymous Salem, OR

Was not pleased with equipment as it continually was compromised. Finally gave up on successful repairs and disabled it. I want the fee discontinued as a monthly payment for equipment I can not, will not use.

Sandi McClaughry Salem, OR

System is good but have problems with getting information on how to change out the batteries on the sensors located within the house.

Mike

Very few false alarms tech support is not the best and they want to charge you for fixing their equipment

Claire Walliman Hillsboro, OR

Every time i have had a problem or question, someone has solved the problem/answered question

Renee Collignon Bloomington, IL

Worst possible company I have ever been involved with. Wont answer calls, had a break in and had to call police myself. I can’t say for sure, I don’t believe anyone was monitoring my home. Still wanted me to pay 80% left on contract, I said I’m not paying u anything for the nothing you provide. Dealing with them (was and is still ongoing,) the worst experience of my life. If I could give a minus star I would. I don’t usually do reviews, but be mindful, they only want your money.

Tony D. Wabasca-Desmarais, AB

Ordered and paid for outdoor camera ($499.) at initial installation. Never received or refunded even after many phone calls, etc. Cancelled our service after approx. 7 years of mediocre service , by written letter yet Fluent has continued billing, now for more than a year.. receiving continual threatening letters. Have contacted them numerous times yet no end to the harassments! One of the worst Security companies out there! Steer clear to avoid all the headaches I have gone through!! This company is a complete scam...

Bruce Gunn Squamish, BC

Worst company I have ever dealt with. After 3 years I asked to cancel the contract. They said I could temporarily stop the service and not be charged so that if I ever needed it again, I could start again. Then 6 months later, they started charging on my Visa card again without asking me. I called and said to cancel but they kept charging on my Visa. I called again and they said I had to cancel in writing by email but they gave me the wrong email address. A month later, I got the right email address and cancelled again. They still didn’t cancel and said I had to sign a letter and send it to them. By then, that Visa card had expired. They wanted a new Visa number. Finally they offered to waive half the payments if I paid half. So to get rid of them I paid $150 on a new Visa card. As soon as the payment through, I called Visa and cancelled that card so they couldn’t add more payments. Sure enough they sent another bill for another month. Finally I got another letter that they wanted their equipment back and there would be no more payment required. This company is completely ruthless and unethical.

Luis Arevalo Airdrie, AB

BRAVO, Tech Support William. Thank you for a JOB WELL DONE! My experience with Fluent Tech Support has really been excellent today. William showed his technical, problem solving skills and willingness to help from start to finish.