Fluent Security Logo

Fluent Security

6.7

D L

Worst company ever! Never even used their system, because it often malfunctioned, door sensors often didn't work, the smoke alarm would go off for shower heat, and they would call. moved and no longer wanted them in my house, wouldn't let me out of contract, equipment is still in old house because I couldn't be bothered to use their service again. I will pay out my contract and be done with their garbage equipment.

Gale Skjonsberg

They have helped when ever we have had a problem. The men that I have talked to have been very good @ telling me how to set things. I am 82

Greg and Brenda Wiens

System is simple and works very well. When ever we have contacted Fluent for assistance has always been helpful and if technician needed, has been prompt and courteous.

Melissa Lawrence

It was good for the first year or so, then in 2017 I had one of the salesmen come to my door and offer new equipment. To which I said no. So he offered to lower my monthly rate instead since I'd be using outdated equipment. That I happily agreed to. Come 2019 when my contract was up I went to cancel my services. To which I was very rudely told when I agreed to that rate change 2 years ago that automatically added 60 months to my contract. I said if the salesman would have told me that in 2017 I never would have agreed to the rate change. And I was told too bad so sad we have your signature you can't get out of the contract. Sucks to be you thanks for your business until 2023.

Dave

Did not like the way the door to door sales operated. We were not left with any copies of the contract and we had to phone to have one emailed. The contract that was emailed did not have the right start date. The door to door sales person had handwritten the date and I had signed, yet when I received the contract, my signature was there but the date was typewritten.

Richard Golany

Have been a customer for several years, and things went pretty well up until I called in and asked Fluent to shut down my system and i was moving. After speaking with the member, he agreed to shut down my system and finalize our agreement since i had been such a good customer for many years. Due to the Covid nonsense it destroyed my business and I had to move on to other things. however, Fluent did NOT shut down my system even though I was 1000 km away from it ! Fluent continues to bill me for a service that clearly I am not using. bottom line is they do not care about their customers, they only care about the $$$. too bad, like most companies that start out working hard to provide great service grow so large, they no longer need to focus on you the customer, they now focus only on the the $$$ at all cost, they will hold you down even if your bleeding.

Juanita Denver, CO

Prices are really competitive and it is easy and convenient. Sometimes it is hard to get a hold of people because they are not in my area.

David Columbus, OH

It is cheaper because they use other people’s equipment. All my problems I’ve called about have been solved.

Rose Fort Wayne, IN

Wouldn’t recommend Fluent to anybody. The equipment is garbage. It wakes me up at one thirty in the morning and I yanked it off the wall and threw it in the garbage. They also lied to me about the contract. They told me it was two years but it really is five years.

Titus Dayton, OH

They should do more with doorbell cameras but all their stuff is reliable. Besides having to put in a battery one time, I haven’t had to do anything.

Nancy Cut Bank, MT

Pushy salesman. The service tech doesn’t live in our state but they come from far away anytime we have a problem. They have a tax deduction.

Jason Cincinnati, OH

Good customer service. They are prompt and always alert and there for me. The equipment is good. It works well.

Terri Waterloo, IA

Since we switched to Fluent we have had no problems. It is a good service. When the alarm goes off, they call.

Shirley Dayton, OH

I had ADT for years and switched to Fluent Security because I was on the look out but now I am on the verge of going back to ADT. They were okay for the first year but after they never respond. The phone rings and rings and nobody answers.

Cecil Coram, MT

For this area Fluent Security is the quickest to contact law enforcement. The customer service is good. They are always there for you.

Gloria Columbus, OH

Disappointed with the quality. Get another company. Customer service always wants you to go outside and push buttons and stuff. I feel like they should send someone out to fix it. My doorbell is not working.

Kathy Salt Lake City, UT

Horrible cuz I recently moved and told them to cancel it. Cuz I've been going through cancer and had to move in with in-laws until I was down with chemo and radiation so we could buy a house. And they would not cancel it for me. Horrible

Lyle Smith

Was not told about parts expiring until we started running into issues with the system and had to phone about it and was not told about or shown how to change any batteries. So none of the pieces or our system are working now.

Karrie Sweet

The wait time on calls for repairs or accounts is ridiculous. Plus I have to pay for someone to fix my hardware or fix it myself?? I don’t work for fluent, I see no reason why I should have to fix THEIR repairs myself.

Ken Hoedl

We have had multiple motion sensors not functioning. Multiple calls in to have fixed. Sensors old and need to be replaced. Constant false alarms. We would like a technician to come update the system

Nancy Lautner Saskatoon, SK

If I could give them zero stars I would. We had a home security system through AlarmTek and renewed our contract with them in 2014. At some point AlarmTek was bought out by Fluent. In the intervening years we had zero communication from them. In December 2020 we decided to cancel monitoring services with them. That's when it got "fun". Both my husband and I tried to get through to them to find out how to cancel our contract. At first we were told that we were on a month to month and we could just cancel. Then we were told that the contract we were in had a 2 year auto renewal and there was no option for us to get out of it earlier. We didn't have a copy of the contract so we asked them to send us one and were told that they couldn't email it to us for privacy reasons but would mail it to us. The contract came in the mail and there was nothing in there about the 2 year auto renewal. I called them again and, surprise, now they could email it to me since they hadn't mailed all the pages and the auto renewal clause was on the page that hadn't been mailed. We were frustrated by their lack of service and I told them that we were going to put a stop payment on funds pulled from their company until we got this figured out. So what did they do? The next time they pulled funds from our account it came from a different company name. January 20 we finally got an answer from them that we needed to send them written cancellation. I asked if we needed to send something signed by my husband and I or just email would do. I was told that email was ok so I sent it. The next day I received an email saying that we needed to send a signed written cancellation. Fine - we did that. We received notice from their department that they received the cancellation and they gave themselves 30 days to respond. At this point I had put a complaint into the Better Business Bureau because we were getting no answers from the company. In mid February I finally got notification through the Better Business Bureau from Fluent telling me that my written cancellation had been received and advising me what my payout amount was. The company also said that once they received the payout amount my account would be closed. So I sent a copy of their letter to me along with a copy of our written cancellation of services and a cheque by registered mail. I checked with them after a week to ensure that they were going to cash the cheque and saw it go through my account the next day. What happened next was that they sent me an invoice on March 1. I contacted them and they apologized and said that they would reverse the invoice. At this point I had lost all trust in the company and closed the bank account that they were withdrawing funds from. And a good thing that I did. They attempted to withdraw funds for the March billing and then sent another invoice on April 1 and again tried to withdraw funds. At the time of writing, April 23, we are being told by the company that their "resolutions department" is working on it and will be closing our account the end of the month. We'll see if that happens or if they'll just continue to invoice us for a service we're no longer receiving and have paid out in full. The incompetence of this company is unbelievable. Do not give them your business unless you want the worst headache when it comes time to cancel them.

Rhona Cartier

Their equipment is garbage constantly having issues and they charge to come fix their garbage also my alarm went off when I was out and my sister was my person to call and she called them back right away cuz we have a dog and she knows he matters more to be then anything but when she called they put her on hold for 20 minutes and my dog hasn’t been the same cuz of the noise it made and they couldn’t turn it off with my permission cuz I couldn’t get home right away

Walter

System computer went black,called fire department after I called and told them the system failed.it took 3 weeks before some one came out and replaced computer board,we stressed that it was a winery and we needed security but we were told Covid was to blame.we got charged for the full month even though we didn’t have security.

Fluent Security Logo

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information to [email protected] so we can reach out to you?

Apr. 7th, 2021

John Crandall Hillsboro, OR

They're a good company who lives up to their reputation and follows thru to make sure their equipment is working properly. Even if they are a bit more expensive then most

Walter

We have had Fluent for years and when ever we had a problem they alerted us right away which in turn saved us lots of money

Eric LaFoy

Too expensive for what you get. Monthly monitoring fees plus the minimal memory for video storage almost forced one to buy more memory. This should be all automatic when you purchase the camera monitoring. Not impressed and giving consideration to discontinuing our service once this contract expires.

Greg and Debora Wheeler

We are unimpressed with the lengthy contract and especially the buyout clause when moving and not taking the security system with you and the new homeowners not wanting to take it over. There should be a reduced amount/small penalty instead in this case. Our entire system has been sitting in a box and inactive for the past four months and it will end up sitting there unused until we pay it off month by month. After that it will be disposed of in a landfill site. The entire system is quite new and in perfect condition. Such a shame.

Joanne

Once when our alarm went off the fluent operator did not insist that the police attend at our property although a suspicious vehicle had been noted in the area

Nathan

In the first few years we had Fluent, they were very attentive, but once we signed on for a second term, they lost interest in us, despite the fact that we are paying absolutely top dollar compared to competitors.

Amanda W

Locked into contract with equipment that no longer works. I called to look at options. Was told by 3 different Fluent staff that my contract was up so I could cancel with no charge. 3 weeks later a bill for well over $1000 shows up. Apparently there was a different contract hiding somewhere. How convenient it showed up for Fluent after I was told I no longer had a contract by multiple people! Haven't armed the broken system in over 2 years. Still paying $75 a month for another year. I don't recommend anyone sign anything with fluent.

Kevin and Theresa Olea Kelso, WA

Very hard to be able talk to a human and when you do they do not do very well at getting the information on your account so that you do not have to pay bills that are not suppose to come anyway. They also have been over charging me on my monthly bill for who knows how long because my items have been already paid for, for some time now. I only know this because my mother passed away and I had to deal with everything and she was being overcharged for a while..

Jeremy Peters

Worth every penny saved me a lot of money temp sensors caught it when furnace went out and I was gone could have been way worse

Brittany

Generally works pretty well but have had a few things happen. Recently the alarm went off after leaving the house but we did not get a call about it.

K Wright Denver, CO

There is usually a delay in getting service if a technician has to come to the site.

Jacqueline Toledo, OH

Easy to use, I never have problem. I’ve only had to call customer service one time and they were very nice.

Margo Dayton, OH

Their service stinks. When you call, you wait for one to three weeks to get service. Our alarm has been going off and they don’t answer consistently. They need to get closer to their customers.

Kari Dayton, OH

It is cheaper than what we had before and we haven’t had any problems with any of it.

Gilbert Pittsburgh, PA

They don’t give complete information when you sign up. The equipment is okay. It is security. They just need to be upfront.

Nancy Columbus, OH

I’m very pleased with it. I like that they have a camera door hook up. It lets me what is going on.

Elsa Amherst, OH

Anytime I’ve pressed the button, they have made it out so there are no problems.

Charlotte Youngstown, OH

Customer service is attentive and answer with a pleasant smile. There are no real problems. When the smoke detector goes off, they do call.

Charna Toledo, OH

A lot better than ADT. It is a lot easier to use and it tells me when my doors are open. They are all nice.

Patricia Toledo, OH

If the alarm goes off, they are prompt and contact me promptly. They are less expensive than what I had before.

Kimberly Richmond, IN

Every time I call they walk me through what I need and get me solutions quickly. I feel safe with them.

Anonymous Columbus, OH

It gives me peace of mind, but it could be better if I could reach it from anywhere not just at home.

Donald Washington, PA

Good equipment. It is easy to use. I would like more signs to put outside my house.

Walter Toledo, OH

I feel very secure with the alarm system on the house. It seems very accurate. But, there is no one in our area to come out and service it.

Kathy Columbus, OH

My needs are taken care of. It is average security. There are no bells and whistles. Just what I need, simple.

Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

They come and install it but there is no follow up to see if there are any issues.

Ron Thorpe

Lack of followup i.e- replacement batteries and where to find them (should be complimentary after 8 [email protected] +$50/ mo.))