Fluent Security Logo

Fluent Security

6.9

Larry Swap

I rate Fluent 4 Stars as I need a new Fluent sign because my sign is so faded & I was told I will need to purchase another sign myself, even though we've been paying our monthly premium since 2009.

Tammy Holmes

The basement water sensor only works for a couple weeks at a time, constantly saying there is a problem when there isn't. The main panel on the wall that the person talks through doesn't work properly because they can't hear us talk back to them. I used to get text messages everytime the system was armed and unarmed, which I liked, and it stopped again ages ago, after I requested it still be sent. I feel it has just gone downhill since we first signed up.

Conrad Hunter

I had a oven fire a few years back and i put it out myself but the fire department was still dispatch with a few mins. They helped air the house out for us.

Dale Weenk

The security system is fine worked good, when I went to get a quote for another location they wanted to change our current system to a more expensive version which wasn't required. Then we we went to quit using them, after 7 years they demand we pay another 3 years to pay out our contract. In which, I only signed a 5 year contract 7 years, at which time we were told the monthly fee was to drop $5 after 5 years, (it did), now they say it locks us in for the second 5 year term. I didn't sign anything, so don't know there basis for this statement

Amy Brown Westlock, AB

Tyler P and his team Thomas were excellent to deal with. They were friendly, informative and set us up with all the cameras and security system we needed. They went out of their way every day to ensure we were taken care of. I would highly recommend.

Angela Avari Dawson Creek, BC

Just wanted to update my banking - had an excellent time talking with Mandy! She was extremely nice and kind, answered all my questions, updated my stuff and assisted me with my camera / app issue. I very much enjoyed her help and made me feel good! Great job Mandy :)

Gina Shymko

Up until the last month, I had been happy with Fluent. However, we recently had a fire in our shop. The heat and smoke were intense but the alarm didn’t go off until the shop was at an extremely high heat. The monitors were, by this time, melted. I was able to get help from a lady, after two futile attempts with other staff, who heyme disarm the two alarms in the shop and stop the incessant beeping of the security system. Up until this point, we had no concerns about our security system and hope to get it up and running again when the shop has been renovated.

James

Few years ago our home phone line was cut from construction 1/4 mile from home. At that time we found out that our Fluent alarm system was only linked to home phone line and not cell. If alarm was activated for break in etc there was no way we could of been notified. Also have had other problems with Fluent system which took few years to remedy.

Kate

Two major issues: 1) a detector was beeping; I called tech and a guy walked me through how to take the thing down. It was only installed 3 years ago, and had expired already. Not impressed.2) The main panel started beeping, in the wee hours of the morning. It gave a communication error. I called into tech services, and was told the rror had to do with my cell phine connection with the nearest tower. The nearest tower is within 500yards of the house, so this made no sense. But it kept happening. I called in again and was told I could buy a $70 part and install myself (with their help) OR replace the whole control box. I bought the $70 part. I have NOT installed it, but magically the error has gone away. Now my spidey sense are tingling......does someone sit in a control chair at Fluent and get bored in the early hours of the morning, and send out wierd error messages, just for a lark?

Krissy Cress Winnipeg, MB

Mandy P helped fix issues with my cameras after I changed internet provider. She went above and beyond my customer service expectations.

Darryl Saskatoon, SK

Equipment has been crap. Always an issue. The worst part is trying to get out of my contract. I’ve been trying and trying for months and months. Keep getting the run around. Won’t give me my buy out for my contract and won’t even tell me if there is still a contract. Been asking for months and months. Spent many hours on the phone trying to get it and always get some bs excuse of why they can’t. Tell me it can only be mailed but again; been waiting months for it as money still keeps coming out of my account. Would give them 0 stars if I could.

KAZ Thompson, MB

Stay away from this company, they scammed me out of over $2000. My alarm has never worked, they have no techs to send out to fix your equipment, I finally got a hold of customer support support after five hours of dropped calls from them, just for them to tell me that my account is deactivated. They just took money out of my account three days ago, I asked why it was deactivated, she told me she couldn’t tell me. I have never felt more scammed in my entire life. Do not skip over my review, take it as 100% fat, and stay away from this company.

B BLACK Riverdale, GA

BTW I PRESSED ONE STAR. IF THERE WAS (0) available, they would have gotten that!Awful! I have called and called for repair on shoddy intallation, repeat false alarms, To no avail. Finally request to cancel service....to no avail. They say I signed a five year contract. If it doesn't work and is not installed properly and I can not get anyone to answer the repair line to have soneone assigned to fix the problem.....SMH #unprofessional #dontdoit

Jeri Stephan Las Vegas, NV

I was very impresses with my tec today who fixed my door bell. She was Mandy & she was very very nice & fun to talk to. She did a very good job on my door bell.

Gwen Salyer Marion, OH

Talked to them about not renewing my contract. Never once mentioned if I didn't notify them 30 days in advance that my contract renewed for a YEAR!! They could send customers a notice in an email so you would know. They don't want to remind you, because they only care about the money, not the customers. Now some contracts renew for 3 yrs and some for 5 yrs! I think there a low life company.

Justin Dayton, OH

The company lied repeatedly. We were told we were on a set contract length, and when we tried to cancel it, we were lied to that it was cancelled. Then it was renewed and we had to pay for it for another year or pay the years cost in early termination. The app never did half of what the company promised it would. When the sensors started to go bad, the company wouldn't come out to replace batteries or replace sensors that had broken.

Jerry Dayton, OH

Can't think of any negatives. I am called when there is a false alarm and all information needed is requested by the Fluent representative.

Dan Adrian

If we set off the alarm we could count on them phoning or talking to us on the alarm so we felt safe knowing they were monitoring

larry Junction City, KY

They do call most of the time when it goes off but can't get them to come out and replace a sensor can't get them on customer service do not tell you everything about the service. Can't stop the service. Don't like them will not recommend to anyone

Jake m

Worst investment I ever made. The cameras are not as clear as they said they would be. After sales service is quite slow. Sales and people are nice just not happy with the product. I have 2 $75 cameras that Ive had no issues with, none I've had 2 robberies and these cameras have helped nothing!

Theresa

Customer experience is horrible. To upgrade you have to resign long contracts. But tech changes too fast for 5 years to be logged in. Calling asking for some help to reduce my contact there was zero wiggle room, nothing. I asked to speak to his boss and he insisted he is has high as I could get. Total BS. So now I am stuck with a bill for a system I hate and don't use. I have taken everything out and put my own system in. Unless you really have a need for system monitoring, just set up your own. TSC does 12 pmts for things. See BBB reviews too. Horrible and condescending responses.

DEEPAK CHAITANYA

Excellent products & service. I’ve been a user for 7 years and have never been disappointed at all. It’s reliable and worth it

Bob

We are constantly having issues with the hardware. When you call Customer Service, they are always there to help, but I find they are not proactive to let us know if there is an issue with our system. We had 3 months where we paid for monitoring but our system wasn't syncing with them and no one alerted us to that.

Jean

We were tricked into signing for another five-year term. I signed on an iPad for what I thought was approval for a service call, but way above the spot for the signature was an agreement to extend the contract. We never received a digital copy of that until we tried to cancel the original contract.

Anna Hoople

Their cost is reasonable, they respond very quickly, they have provided us with great service when there are technical issues.

Val

I’ve had two floods in the past 10 months and if it wasn’t for the water alarm going off, I would have had more damage than I did.

Arthur Mitchell

Have bunch sensors off, not sure why, changed all batteries, still nothing . Can't alarm cause glass break sensor front door sensor and back window? Also o2 sensor bang it and no alarm goes off. Do they do nothing when they must see its never alarmed? I pay for nothing I guess. Then to pay a tech to come out is plain dumb I pay enough already for nothing.

Jack Holden Valier, MT

They make it almost impossible to get out of the contract with them. I've been a customer for 8 years and they tried to tell me they had a recording of me renewing. I told them to prove it and then was told oh yeah we can't find it. Then since I hadn't cancelled 30 days before auto renewal they wanted me to pay the full year. Do not do business with this company!!!

Willie Woods Spokane, WA

Always receive a call when alarm goes off. Feel very safe knowing that I have this system and help is the way if needed.

Linda wood

Anytime I need answers they were always able to answer my question or if they didn’t know right away they would get back to me with the answer

Lorne Walters

Cause there wasn't a 0! I was talked into changing from ADT to Fluent for better service--what a mistake. I pay almost $50 for an outdated system. A few years ago, Fluent came to my door offering a lower rate not telling me I was locked in. 1 1/2 years I changed my internet cable from Shaw to Telus. Telus offered me home security but when I went to cancel Fluent, I was told it would be $2500 payout (what a joke). POOR customer service, constant problems, on the phone for hours trying resolve problems after being on hold for hours. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER !!

Roger

Monitors my alarm status 24/7 on a real time basis. The Control Center calls my home phone number when there is an alarm.

Ronnie Carson, WA

It’s the best deal because they notify me right away I something happens. It takes care of everything I need it to. I am satisfied with what they do.

Ben Mooresville, IN

After having to deal with their customer service, I don’t have many nice things to say about them. They were not very receptive to our needs. You are on hold forever to speak with someone. I waited forty five minutes. They need to overhaul their renewal contacts. It is not fair to hold someone accountable to a five hundred dollar fee after they have been a customer for five years and they want to cancel their service because of a medical condition when they have to move out of their house.

Carolyn Rockport, IN

When the alarm is turned on, I don’t have to worry. I feel secure. I never have any problem with it. It always works good.

Joan Richmond, KY

Can’t fault them as long as it works and it works. Even when I ask them things that are kind of hard, they always do it for me.

Steve Kalispell, MT

Support has issues. I can’t get anybody to come out here. If they do show up they don’t have the batteries to replace the ones that need replacing. It works except for the issues.

Anonymous Akron, OH

Seems to work. When I call them, they are able to help me. We save money and get pretty much the same service as anywhere else.

Jillian Denver, CO

The best thing about having Fluent Security is the peace of mind knowing that my house is safe and monitored. The equipment is updated and working well. They always honor integrity. They are pretty responsive.

George Mc Keesport, PA

Technically easy and good customer service. They should call their customers on a regular basis to make sure all the equipment is working.

Lela Des Moines, IA

Really enjoy it. It works pretty good. The best thing is the security. Every time something happens, they always call to see if there was a problem.

Anonymous Salem, OR

Fluent isn't local, and fleeced me into continuing with the company for a $7 monthly discount without realizing that I was getting locked into a multi-year contract. Tried to quit, told me it would be $500 to buy out of contract - told me to contact my new company, they said they would work with me to buy out fluent. Called back to get what I needed, talked to someone else, and they told me that it would be $1200, not $500. They are a garbage company.

Ricardo Las Vegas, NV

Excellent service and customer friendly. They have worked with me with the payments and they quality of their products is great.

Patrick Duffy

I would have rated a 5/5 except we have had problems with our monitoring equipment lately so we need to get that straight before i would give a 5/5 and 10/10 on referral.

Christy

They have been good to me over the past years. I have heard of others that renewed their contract getting a discount on monthly monitoring fees that I didnt get offered.

D L

Worst company ever! Never even used their system, because it often malfunctioned, door sensors often didn't work, the smoke alarm would go off for shower heat, and they would call. moved and no longer wanted them in my house, wouldn't let me out of contract, equipment is still in old house because I couldn't be bothered to use their service again. I will pay out my contract and be done with their garbage equipment.

Gale Skjonsberg

They have helped when ever we have had a problem. The men that I have talked to have been very good @ telling me how to set things. I am 82

Richard Springfield, IL

Mandy in customer support resolved our problem and should be commended accordingly. We tried twice previously with other customer service reps, but neither resolved the problem; thank goodness for Mandy’s help!

Greg and Brenda Wiens

System is simple and works very well. When ever we have contacted Fluent for assistance has always been helpful and if technician needed, has been prompt and courteous.

Melissa Lawrence

It was good for the first year or so, then in 2017 I had one of the salesmen come to my door and offer new equipment. To which I said no. So he offered to lower my monthly rate instead since I'd be using outdated equipment. That I happily agreed to. Come 2019 when my contract was up I went to cancel my services. To which I was very rudely told when I agreed to that rate change 2 years ago that automatically added 60 months to my contract. I said if the salesman would have told me that in 2017 I never would have agreed to the rate change. And I was told too bad so sad we have your signature you can't get out of the contract. Sucks to be you thanks for your business until 2023.