Fluent Security

7.1

Roni Muench Saskatoon, SK

These people departed from AlarmTek and were not allowed to disclose the fact they departed. As a result many customers are no longer under Alarm Tek and are paying more money. A lawsuit is likely in the process. My rate went up without any communication. I cannot get hold of anyone - it is disgusting.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Roni, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can I correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!!!

Nov. 4th, 2021

Dave McCammon Surrey, BC

Mandy is the best! She went the extra mile to help fix our issue. Service is on point with these guys.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you Dave for the amazing review! We love knowing our staff went the extra mile! I will make sure Mandy knows she was mentioned in the review! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!

Sep. 23rd, 2021

joanne Nunz Independence, MO

Excellent custumer service . MANDY P is so helpful and assissted us through the whole process without hesitation.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Joanne. Thank you for the 5 star review! We will make sure Mandy knows you mentioned her in the review! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!

Renee Collignon Bloomington, IL

Worst possible company I have ever been involved with. Wont answer calls, had a break in and had to call police myself. I can’t say for sure, I don’t believe anyone was monitoring my home. Still wanted me to pay 80% left on contract, I said I’m not paying u anything for the nothing you provide. Dealing with them (was and is still ongoing,) the worst experience of my life. If I could give a minus star I would. I don’t usually do reviews, but be mindful, they only want your money.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Renee, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!

Nov. 8th, 2021

Tony D. Wabasca-Desmarais, AB

Ordered and paid for outdoor camera ($499.) at initial installation. Never received or refunded even after many phone calls, etc. Cancelled our service after approx. 7 years of mediocre service , by written letter yet Fluent has continued billing, now for more than a year.. receiving continual threatening letters. Have contacted them numerous times yet no end to the harassments! One of the worst Security companies out there! Steer clear to avoid all the headaches I have gone through!! This company is a complete scam...

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Tony, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we turn this into a positive experience for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!!

Oct. 26th, 2021

Susan Henshaw Saskatoon, SK

Absolutely terrible alarm company. Faulty equipment with non existent service department. Can’t reach anyone to discuss. When I cancelled contract was threatened by manager( said our account would be ‘ targeted’). Keeps sending invoices when I want to pay to get out of contract and still they can’t manage this. Wouldn’t even take faulty equipment out of our home. All started when equipment malfunctioned and took over one hour response time! Beware they do not protect your home. Use local like Sask tel or Telus as at least you get service with them.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Susan, i am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We would love to know how we can make this correct for you! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!

Casey Richards Brisbane, QLD

Hidden contracts for ridiculous lengths of time, and 80% cancelation fees. Absolutely criminal! Terrible customer service when dealing with faulty sensors and panels. They refuse to send repair men out to assist you with any technical problems, and expect you to do everything yourself. You're paying $50 a month for no actual services. Even when the alarm is going off in your house while you're away, they fail to even send the police over to check on the place! What am I paying them for? Complete waste of money.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Casey, I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? We would love to hear from you! Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

darren tracey Spruce Grove, AB

I subscribed to fluent for security for my business for over a year. Since installation the cameras did not work properly nor did they record on the allocated server. Since then i have tried to cancel for poor service prior to the cancellation period and is left on hold or told to bad, the contract is a contract. Well, now I have had significant theft from the camera coverage zones twice with no way of viewing the thieves or leading to arrest or recovery. The service at fluent is horrible and i would not recommend anyone using this service. I just called again to day and was on hold for a very long time. I run two significant businesses and i never make reviews like this. If I ran my business this way I would be out of business. I am forced to continue the subscription for the remainder of the 3 year term with no real security and will be forced to purchase another system in conjunction with the Fluent System to ensure the safety of my assets. I cannot stress enough. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY for commercial use. I would even question residential given the service culture here.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Darren, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? We would love to hear from you, please give us a call at 855.238.4826. Thank you and look forward to hearing from you!

Gary Nuke ,

I made a initial call and request to cancel my service on January 4th 2021 and I was told was going to have to be extended another 36 months because I have missed the cancellation date. My mother and I have tried numerous before this and no answer. The BOY Mitchal who answered and said we couldn't cancel until the next available cancellation date for $2,600 in the middle of a pandemic.Prior to the year 2020 we have tried calling to cancel as well and was told we have to wait a year to cancel but was NOT informed that if we do not call 30 days before the next payment is due it will automatically add another 42 months, which is what the same BOY who said we will have to owe 2K just to get out of this alarm system is a SCAM!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Gary, I am sad to k now you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? We would love for you to call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Kay E Wheeler Elgin, TX

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE OF FLUENT!! If I could give them no stars, I would. This is a terrible company. Very very deceptive business practices. DO NOT get roped into a contract with them or you will never get out of it. We signed a 36 month contract with them on September 7, 2018. Then over the course of the next year they sent a contract to me and said that I had not signed everything properly. When I read the fine print, it was an updated contract that would have locked us into and ADDITIONAL 5 years! When I called them out on this, the customer service guy was so ugly to me. Then we were told that to cancel the contract we would have to pay a portion of the contract that was left. A "portion". Not the full amount but a portion. We opted to wait until we were in our last year of our contract and when I called today to cancel and pay the "portion" that they had previously stated that I needed to pay, they informed me that I had taken an "installation phone survey" and in that survey had agreed to a 42 month contract. That never happened. Somehow, they are not able to retrieve my original contract OR the recording of the phone survey. SCAM SCAM SCAM. I have never dealt with a company that has so many different stories, shady actions and deceptive business practices. BEWARE OF FLUENT! I am now in the process of filing a formal complaint with the State of Texas Attorney General's office. I am done playing their games. How many other people have they done this to? How many more will fall for their lies? Please don't be one of them. What a headache this has been.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Kay. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. How can we make this correct for you? Please do not hesitate to call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!

MA High River, AB

Fluent is extremely difficult to cancel, and extremely unprofessional. We had a faulty system for 8 months, and the company indicated to us on the phone that it was okay our system showed as faulty on our end because on their end the system did not show this. They did not come to fix this problem despite our calls. When we tried cancelling it took over 4 days for anyone to get back to us through email, despite our daily phone calls. Any issues that we have had they have taken over 24 hours to connect with us. When they call during a work day, and you can't answer, trying to get back to someone is ridiculous and not possible. They have tried to have us pay the 80% to cancel the contract, despite them not fixing the issues with their system - therefore breaching the contract signed. What is the point of having a system that doesn't work correctly - having us have to bypass sensors to even set the alarm, defeating the purpose of the sensor in the first place. I have never been so disgusted with a company and their lack of customer service. This is a first for me to write a review. I feel it necessary for people to see the reality of what they could possibly be purchasing, and not take the perspective of how the company portrays their amazing service. Buyer definitely be aware.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Ma. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We would love to correct this for you! Please do not hesitate to call us at 855.238.4826. We would love to hear from you and correct this experience!

Dwaine Barcier Cold Lake, AB

I've had different home security providers throughout my military career. I had the FLUENT system for about a month. Equipment wasn't installed properly. Scratched my door and broke existing door bell. System didn't work properly from day 1. Tech called to fix it over the phone. That didn't work. I also found out that our police force will not respond to a 1 alarm. They will respond to 2 alarms, or if the panic button is pressed. Customer service is horrible. We finally decided to cancel because we are not going to pay for a faulty system with crap customer service for the next 5 years. Because we didn't cancel within the 10 day period, Fluent wants $1900.00 cancelation fee. FOR A SYSTEM THAT DIDN'T WORK FROM DAY 1. So I am educating people in my area and on social media on the company's ethical workings and tiny print in the contracts. This is a company that should be shut down immediately. Do Not Sign on with Fluent. The only reason I gave one star is because I can't submit without it.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Dwaine, I am sorry to hear you had bad experience. What can we do to make this correct? Please give us a call at 855.238.4826. We would love to hear from you and resolve any issues you may still be having.

Marilyn Meridian, ID

I have been with them a little over a year, I am not at satisfied with the time in between the alarm going off and the time it takes to get a phone call to make sure your ok. And each time it is longer. It's not often it happens but hopefully it will never be anything serious.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello, we are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information to [email protected] so we can locate your account? Once we are able to locate your account we can send this information to our Monitoring Station to request they call out it a timeframe that works best for you!

Nov. 6th, 2020

ayodele ayanniyi Winnipeg, MB

I am very displeased with this company. People should be careful in dealing with their sales representatives. Sales rep was deceitful and please do not sign any document till you are satisfied with it. Their sales rep lied to me that, I have 10 days to test equipments to decide if okay to proceed and if not I can call it a quite with no fee. This guy deceitfully made me sign lots of things in a rush and even a video record. He lied to do a soft check on Credit card but he did hard check which affected my score. I refused to give him a void cheque when I started suspecting a foul play. From the day the guy installed the gadgets for test running, he has never returned to my house or even picked my calls.He lied about the rates, about the capacity of the system memory, he never told me there would be financing. I just got a mail after some days to make payment for financing. This was someone I told I could not afford $79 now added financing to the amount and altogether close to almost $100 per month. Very ridiculous. I told him from day one that I could not afford the $79 per month and lied if I have any lower deal from another company he would be ready to price match. I sent a lower offer from another company and did nothing. I called their office and promised to call back on many occasions but never did. They promised resolution team will look into it but never did. He also lied to me being a Canada version of another big security company that has been existence for a long time and flourishing in US. I see this as professional scam of the highest order. Please be watchful and do not fall into their trap

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. We understand that you have spoken to quite a few people regarding this situation. I have spoken with our Resolutions Team directly and they have confirmed they will reach out to you today via phone to discuss possible resolutions. Thank you.

FB North Las Vegas, NV

Had lost connection to my doorbell camera. The tech walked me through reconnecting it. It took a few different procedures but it is back up and working correctly.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review! We love feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Crushed Head Fallon, NV

Not at all what we expected. The sale person was friendly, but misled us and went so fast that we didn't know what we were doing till it was too late. We are elderly and they took advantage of that. We were under the impression that it was just an upgrade to our ADT system. We also didn't realize we were going to get a huge bill from from ADT for cancelling our contract. There is more but I am out of space. So now we are stuck with this scam outfit.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Typically if you send us the final bill from your previous provider we can review it and see if we can assist you with the buyout amount. Do you mind sending us your contact information along with that final bill from ADT to [email protected] so that we can look into this further?

lisa haight Saskatoon, SK

I tell you.... I had been with Vivant before this and had troubles with security inconsistencies. Now I am also having the same problems with Fluent. I thought they would be different, but really they are the same. They even use the same equipment but call it different names. (An agent told me it was the same supplier). So my garage door has been acting up. Issues keep coming up and staying on my phone no matter what I do to fix them. Constantly seems like a battery is running low..... Then there is my video system, which I was super excited about when we put it in as there are lots of break-in's around here. I imagined that would detour criminals and better yet we would get recorded on video for further examination. However, I had a break-in into my car two nights ago and the video didn't notify me. Now I have to search through every minute that hasn't happened yet. They won't return my calls when I get told they will get back to me within 24--48 hrs. Everything I have asked to be done since the very beginning of the contract has either been delayed due to incompetence. (Had to have the handy man come back twice to fix the camera - using my tools) When they say things are reset, they aren't!!! I'm tired of having hand hold this company to do their job.!!!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Thank you so much for working with us so that we could get a Technician scheduled for you to help you resolve these issues. If there is anything else we can assist you with in the meantime, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 855.238.4826, or to email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Steve Kiser Winter Haven, FL

I sold my home. I found out it actually sold 5 days before our contract self renewed. I was told by our sales rep that it did not self renew. I now regrettably know why they hurriedly have the sales rep put you on a recorded line to say you have understand the contract. It seemed odd at the time. I even joked about this and sure that is recorded. Now they want me to pay 3 years to end (compete new total contract cotst). They have no early termination fee. They only agreed to reduce the fee to 80% due on my BBB complaint. I have reached out to the president Graham W and CEO Kimberley B as one cant get a manager on their customer service or resolutions team. For a company that offers per Graham’s words “unparalleled customer service”. It’s more like slavery to a contract that they want you to pay to death. Avoid at all costs

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. However, I'm happy to see that we were able to work with you and get this resolved with you. If you have any questions for us or need anything further, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 855.238.4826. Thank you!

Chrissy Hall Salt Lake City, UT

I just to spoke to Amanda...she was Amazingly Awesome!!! Very professional, thorough and extremely pleasant!!! Thank you so much for having her on your team...🙂

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Chrissy! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 13th, 2020

Sharon Taylor Chicago, IL

Every one is very professionsl and john my tec.& jasmine l was very informative, had good knowledge on what i wanted and she was able to set up payments to meet my needs.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Sharon! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our technicians and agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 8th, 2020

Mike Saskatoon, SK

I was very impressed with the service. On the phone today. Have been very pleased with fluent up until now, and their customer service has been very helpful

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Mike! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

May. 1st, 2020

Ryan Alcantara Kansas City, MO

Hardware has been reliable as well as service. Needed to contact support to see about moving. Michelle easily helped me through the process as well answered any questions I had.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, Ryan! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 24th, 2020

David Schonabaum ,

Amanda was AMAZING with us and was able to fix the issues that the sales rep had caused and she was able to fix them and give us a free month of service!!

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, David! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 24th, 2020

James Gray Ennis, TX

Michelle work with me today, she had lot's of patient with me because I had some issues. She was professional and got my system up running Again! Hopefully her supervision will read this and give her A pat on the back she done a good job!

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review, James! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 22nd, 2020

Fabutan 35 Edmonton, AB

Becky was very friendly, personable and helpful when I called in today! Thank you so much for taking such great care of me! I really appreciate it!😊

Reply from Fluent Security

Thanks so much for the review! It's always great to hear good things about your experiences with our agents! Feel free to give us a call if you should need anything. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Apr. 22nd, 2020

laspyder Estevan, SK

We signed up more than 2 years ago. We are in a rural area so we get an extra charge for a service call. We have contacts on 5 doors. We have given up on trying to set the alarm. Either one of the contacts has a problem or the batteries are dead. One of the cameras hasn't worked for months. One time I called for help and the guy had me get the monitor off my computer and hook it up to their modem, then he had to make a few calls as he discovered other people had the same problem. He was supposed to call me back with the solution. After the second day I called him back and he said he didn't remember telling anyone that he would call them back. Meanwhile I had removed and reinstalled SwannView and that fixed it. Another time, the place was full of smoke and the siren was blaring. I called in a false alarm and they didn't even know about it! The people in the service department have no clue about anything and don't mind keeping you on the phone for ages while they try to figure things out. Yesterday, they "reached out" to offer a solution for these hard virus days - reduce our payments for a few months while at the same time renewing our contract. Not happening!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Please give us a call at 855-238-4826 so that we can help you with your system! Thank you for reaching out to us, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Genevra Shortall St. John's, NL

I don’t have anything bad to say, Fluent is amazing as you are always there when we need you. K wouldn’t go anywhere else. Thank you for being great .

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you so much for your review! We love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Vitaliy Grande Prairie, AB

I had an issues with frozen panel today and call customer service. It was pleasure talking to Christy. Problem was resolved in no time. Very good job

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for your review! We love getting feedback from our customers. Let us know if we can help you out with anything! Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

FLS Edmonton, AB

Myles was very uncooperative. He went out of his way to make things difficult for me to get the system back online after we installed the battery Fluent sent. My name was on file as I called last week, Alex sent us a battery and that we would be calling this week to put the system back online. Alex said then, it was all documented so no problem when we were to call back in. Myles needs to use common sense ... no burglar is going to order and replace the batteries and put the alarm system back online not to mention test the 2 medic alert necklaces. If Myles really cared about Sandra's security he would help get the system back online asap to track who is coming and going from the property. Alex and Monica were wonderful and understanding. My daughter and I are taking care of Sandra, a family member, who is in hospital with a stroke. Putting fresh batteries in her alert system makes it possible for Sandra to come home on a weekend pass.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information in a private message so we can reach out to you?

Mar. 13th, 2020

C. W. Windsor, ON

Do not sign a contract and give this company any money. Dont let them in your home. Dont trust them. Have been dealing with these crooks for a year trying to resolve the issues but they dgaf. The salespeople flat out lie, misrepresentand con and then headoffice pretends they didnt because its all verbal. They will verbally promise you anything to get your business but once they have access to your banking info you are screwed. They install faulty equipment then charge you service fees to come "fix it' then when it still doesnt work, they blame you for having the wrong settings but it doesn work on their "recommended" settings either then they blame it on "platform issues" on the part of the equipment (that they sold yet cant fix) but still they take out the monthly fees and service charges. They take money out even when not authorized, they already get their money but then they hit your credit score repeatedly for no reason and the salespeople will forge your signature. And no you cant cancel the nonworking service because they want 80% cancellation fee despite not providing the service they advertise. They claim theres a guarantee but apparantly high quality, properly functioning equipment and service is not part of it. They only truly guarantee they will take as much of your money as possible. If I could give negative stars I would.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information so we can reach out to you?

Mar. 12th, 2020

Leah Saskatoon, SK

Worst company I have ever dealt with. Constant problems with equipment, long wait times for customer service,passing the buck with no resolution, inexperienced techs, no compensation for dozens of hours weekly on the phone with the same problem then rehashing it with customer services over and over and over again. And to top it off after they damaged my door handle, not once have I been offered compensation due my insane amount of time. I also do not appreciate trying to be bribed with $5 to give a 5 star review. I would have given 0 stars if I had that option. I will be going elsewhere when my contract is up!!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Leah, We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you and leave you satisfied with your service. Do you mind sending your contact information so that we may reach out to you?

Mar. 6th, 2020

Evelyn Thomas ,

This kudos goes out to Customer SR, Isabella. She was most helpful and pleasant. Good customer service tends to be a thing of the past, however Isabella has restored my faith in what good customer service really is. Great Job Isabella!!!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Evelyn, We are very happy to hear you had such a great experience with Isabella! She is a great addition to our team and we are happy to have her! Please reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns at 855-238-4826. Thank you for being a part of Fluent, Have a great rest of your day!! :)

Mar. 5th, 2020

Nancy Denomme Kelowna, BC

This has been a terrible experience I would never recommend this company. Customer service is terrible. Fluent representative came and installed 1st camera over a dryer/furnace vent so alarm went off constantly. Very disappointing that rep didnt realize this would be a poor location. Called to have camera moved to a better location and they charged me $80.00. Also had them install second camera on this trip and installer caused major damage to wall wish I could post pictures here it is comical how he left it. . Sent pictures beggining of January and said they would send someone to repair. Here we are today end of February and nothing but multiple excuses that they can find someone to fix the damage. Today I get an e-mail from Liz at damage claims to go to an American hardware store get some putty and fix it myself. I have no words. BRUTAL.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Nancy - Thank you for your review. We are currently doing research on your account and will contact you shortly.

Feb. 28th, 2020

B Glanville Maugerville, NB

DO NOT USE this company! False misleading information, poor client note taking and yesterday the Agent abruptly ended the conversation...they called me 2x's however no record of the reason. Well the reason is I moved, called to advise them but was on hold forever so I emailed therm. They called me back and we've been back and forth since for months. I was advised when I signed up I could move the service to my new location as I knew I was moving... only to find out after my move that I could only do that if I was 18-12 month from the end of my contract. It appears the new home owners do not want the system. Fluent then stated they needed me to contact the new owners so they could remove the equipment. Well the equipment does not belong to Fluent! They used the system that I had installed and updated over 20 years. The local rep only reconfigured the software from ADT to them and changed a few batteries. I offered them to install a system at my new home and I take on a new three year contract but they would not allow me..... I also contacted the installer who sold me on this monitoring service but of course...no return call. I have since reported them to The Better Business Bureau sand am waiting a response.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello B Glanville. Thank you for your feedback here! We will message you in a private response to further assist.

Ty Guy Lehi, UT

Fluent does a great job protecting my home, and my rental property. My smoke detector gives me peace of mind when I leave my pets at home, and the doorbell camera is cool.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Ty! Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed your system and that we can provide peace of mind.

KARL

Ok so we had a rep come to our door selling this new canadian based alarm company. We were nearing the end of our current contract and not happy with the old company so we bit. Salesman promised that the company follows up with their customers every few months on checking how the service is being provided. So far well over a year and no call was ever made. We have had are alarm go off by accident and they respond after we disarm the alarm however they can't hear us. It is frustrating. When talking to the customer service they were rude and wouldn't help with the repairs of the freeze detector. We will once again be looking for a new alarm company that is actually a Canadian based company. Not one from the states pretending to be canadian. Very unfortunate to be lied to.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hey Karl, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We are 100% Canadian owned, however we do service the USA as well. Our corporate office is located off Calgary Trail in Edmonton. Please feel to send an email to . We're confident we can turn your experience around and get you taken care of. Thanks!

Thomas Riley Richmond, KY

I should have bbn read this review before signing with Fluent. I will echo most all the negatives previously noted in other reviews. They charged me full price even though they used sensors that were previously installed. Their equipment is constantly problematic and does not hold up over time. I have a doorbell camera that has not worked for 2 years and trying to get help correcting this problem has been time consuming and frustrating. Their customer service is not up to par with my expectations and when they asked me to get screwdriver and start taking thing apart, that's when I stopped and asked for a service technician. I am paying them every month for service and am not getting it. I would not recommend them under any circumstances. Go find a good reputable local provider.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hey Thomas, we were unable to locate your account based on your name alone. Please send us an email to and we'd be happy to get you taken care of. Thank you!

Wade Paul LaBorde Baton Rouge, LA

This is by far the worst alarm system monitoring company ever,the equipment is trash,then always wanting to charge the customer to ship there faulty equipment to you for replacement,after I sent a picture if a hand writing cancellation notice,my services where suspended 5 days early,now I'm without an alarm because some lil Chris would not take NO for an answer of me continuing service with them,called to get service back on till cancellation date,how unfortunate the panel I have is all of a sudden to old and out if network,it's 3 years old might I add,I was without a smoke detector for 7 days because they wouldn't send a technician out to check on their faultly on,inwhich at the time was only 1yr old,for any new customer inquiring about FLUENT,RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!!!!!STAY i AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!Service and equipment are TRASH!!!!!!!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hey Wade, We are sorry to hear about your experience, this is certainly not typical. We will review what transpired on your account, and will work to improve our service. Thank you.

Leah Indianapolis, IN

DO NOT BUY!! Problem after problem. Customer service is horrible. I didn't go 1 week without an issue. Alarm randomly going off and sending police to my house. I was billed by the city for false alarms. Then, I was moving and was told in order to get out of my contract I had to either pay off 80% of my 60 MONTH contract, or transfer the service to another person. I was moving to a place that would not allow the security system to be moved there, and I didn't have the thousands of dollars to pay off my contract. So, fortunately, the new homeowner (the buyer) of my home decided he wanted to transfer the service to his name. I was so relieved. Then, after a week of Fluent not returning his calls, I was back to being stuck with them again because he decided he was just going to go with another company. I called customer service super irritated & they told me they'd reach out to him again and let me know what was going on. So, a day before my closing date I still hadn't heard from anyone. I called them and was told he did finally decide to transfer the service to his name, so I left the equipment. Now, here it is the day after closing and I get a message about "why did I leave the security equipment?". So, again, I call Fluent and the customer service representative tells me this time, he never confirmed he was transferring service into his name. So I'm ONCE AGAIN stuck. I don't live in that home, the new homeowner has possession of the equipment that I have to pay for... all because Fluent's customer service dropped the ball... not only did they fail to return his phone calls, they gave me false information saying the transfer had been completed when it hadn't. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE company all the way around. Equipment sucks, customer service sucks.... steer clear!!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hey Leah, We will have a member of our support team reach out to see how we can help!

Smith15490 Nampa, ID

On September 21st I had an appointment with Fluent Alarm company. A male identified as Miquel L by Kristina (office supervisor) on 10/04/2019 visited my home at approx. 9:45 – 10:45 a.m. Upon visiting my home, he began visually scouring my home, the floor counters top etc. as he walked in. Of course I apologized for the mess as we were (still) in the process of moving. Miquel was both told and shown where all sensor’s and cameras were located for removal by my husband. As my husband began to show Miquel around, I went into the master bath room area where I had clothes on the floor to pick them up and out of the technician’s way. I ended up in my closet with the door closed as I began rearranging my clothing inside. I then came out and asked my husband if Miquel had been in the bathroom, Damion stated; Yes, I showed him where the sensors were. I then proceeded to look for the technician, as I approached the front door I noticed the cameras and sensors were on the steps near front door with Miquel at his truck, leaning partially inside, I then opened the door to see what was going on as I’m watching him my husband says, the technician said he cannot install the system in the new house today. When asked why, my husband said the tech told him he hadn’t any tools, ladder, screw drivers or anything to install the system with. I asked why would he come here then, I then told my husband to instruct the technician to install the system at the home, which is what we called him out for. During his time at the old address he kept insisting on leaving after he left my bathroom. of course i didn't think anything of it because I don't wear my ring... every. Fast forward to the week of the October 1st. I woke and mentioned to my husband casually that I hadn’t seen my ring on my bathroom counter in which had been in the same place for two years. My husband Damion said; you’ll find it babe it’s in there, we’ve just been busy with remolding the new home, moving, painting etc. matter of fact unusually busy, I had many things on my plate and never wearing my ring (3 carats) it’s humongous. I didn’t notice it was missing initially. I there again told my husband October 3rd on the drive into work; you know I have not seen my ring. My husband says again; babe it’s in the bathroom, I said; I have not seen it! he say’s; babe you don’t even wear it, it’s in there. I started yelling it is not, it is not, I see it every single day and I have not seen it in a since last week! my ring is there all the time, I can visibly see it from sitting in the bath tub and it is not there. Friday morning, 10/04/2019 I looked for hours for my ring, after work looked for my ring, had the kids look etc. knowing it was not in the house, for it was not on my bathroom counter where it’s been for two years straight, I never wore it, it was huge. I yelled at my husband where is my ring? no one ever come inside our home, no one, no one we have no family or friends, no one in this state. Damion asked; was your ring on the counter when the technician came in the only person to whom came inside my home. I instantly started crying fell to my knees and knew he robbed me, he took my diamond ring. No one, when I say no one comes into my home, I have no family, no friends no one… all other pieces of jewelry further into the bathroom on the counter was there, every single piece he did not go in the direction of my other jewelry, it is my diamond ring that was right on the edge, flush with the bathroom entry door that is gone, when my husband allowed the technician from fluent to go into my bathroom unaccompanied he took my ring. I’ve spoken with fluent who began the call off being very defensive accusing me of falsely accusing their technician. She began to ask why would the technician need to go inside your bathroom, when I explained to remove sensors, she stated they didn’t have sensors in that bathroom on their list. This is very peculiar being their install report should have everywhere a sensor was placed. They should also have proof by way of sensor activity. She stated she would call the technician and ask him if he stole my ring and file a report. The call was mishandled to say the least. After I spoke with Kristi/Kristina she called back Friday October 4th stating she could not get Miquel L on the phone but would call back. I have not heard back thus far alarm system is still half installed because Miquel had to leave after many attempts removing sensors from my bathroom.

Raymond Ma

Fluent home took over Alarmtek, I was Alarmtek Client, early April 2019, I made a phone call to Fluent to order a part, I asked the operator to send a technician before ordering a part but the operator declined. We waited for a month, but the part had not arrived. After making many more phone calls, a part did arrived but it was not the right part. To make a long story short, Fluenthome's department are not communicating with each other and not following up with their client. Since then we have contacted Fluenthome multiple times to cancel our services, but keep getting the run around. It is never that department's job. One department said we cannot cancel by phone so we were instructed to send a written letter stating the reason we were cancelling. That was early June, we thought that is done, by mid June Fluenthome continued to withdraw payments, we called Fluenthome again and they agreed to a refund. They said it would take 15 days, by mid July once again Fluenthome withdrew another payment. So we cancelled auto payments. Today August 23 I received phone call from Fluenthome stating that we missed payments. As I said earlier Within Fluent home all department not communicate each other and not doing follow up with their clients. I know i can not asking you all to cancel your service with Fluent, but that is my true story. Raymond M

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Raymond, we are sorry to hear about the trouble you had terminating your agreement. We are glad to see that this has since been resolved and wish you the best!

Amber

I'd give this a zero if I could. What ISN'T there to complain about with this company... None of their equipment or sensors work properly. Poor installations. When you call to get anything fixed, all they want you to do is "bypass the sensor".. if I wanted to bypass the sensor, I wouldn't have the alarms installed. THEN! for the cherry on top of the cake... If you pre-authorize them access to a bank account, they'll charge you fees whenever they see fit, saying that you authorized it. And when you want the service cancelled because, I mean, you clearly no longer feel safe, they hold a contract over your head, stating that you need to pay it in full first, and they'll access your bank to do so. Be CAREFUL when you sign up to them, or better yet, don't do it at all.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hey Amber, we are sorry you had a bad experience and would like to change that with you. We were unable to locate your file with the info we have on your review. Please send an email to and we can discuss further. Thanks!

Travis J Mulligan Caldwell, ID

Very horrible service, equipment is JUNK, I canceled our trial the very next day. Was rather difficult to get money returned that fluent took from our account. Had to call bank & have it reversed as it was unauthorized. I called fluent several times & never got a phone call back until left message that was contacting the BBB. They scheduled a time for them to come get equipment & they trashed our power outlets, made a horrible mess both in the install & removal of junk equipment. I do not recommend this company to anyone, as matter of fact I would suggest that of fluent shows up on your doorstep & does not take "not interested" for an answer just simply close door in face.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Travis - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Wendy Kenig

They showed up at our door and promised us the best system going. All we received was a huge headache from them. The tech showed up at 7:00 pm to start the install and we told him 3 times that he needed to leave by 9 pm and come back at another time to finish the job. He never left and was there until 1:30 am when he finally finished the job. Then we had nothing but problems trying to get the equipment to work and it turns out that our internet is too slow to work the equipment which should have been checked out long before they ever did the huge install and wasting everyone's time. We cancelled the service in May 2019 and he it is July and we are phoning everyday to try and get our money refunded. We are so fed up with this company. Worst company we have every had to deal with. Highly not recommended

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Wendy - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Deb Florissant, MO

Overall rating I would give a zero. I am writing this for my 95 year old mother. My mother had Vivint until 2 men from Fluent came to her door at 7:30 pm in the evening. The told her they were there to change out her system. She did not question them as to who they were, nor did she call Vivint to verify. She was scared. These two men came in and removed the Vivint system from her house and replaced it with Fluent's product by 10:30 that night. They had her sign a contract. This caught her off guard. The next day my mother notified us of what happened. We had the police notified, called both companies of the issue. We had Fluent's system removed, which they did reluctantly. I would never use this company or even recommend. How dare they take advantage of the elderly.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Deb - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Manpreet Cheema

I have had a very bad experience with these guys. A Fluent Sales rep came to our house pressuring us to transfer our service from Vivint to Fluent. They told us that they would cover the remaining Contract with Vivint. They did not cover anything. Vivint sent my bill to collections. After chatting with Fluent they said that they can only cover $ 600 out of the $1500 owed to Vivint. I feel betrayed and cheated. The fluent technician had taken all the security system from Vivint down and installed there's. They are saying that I can cancel my service with Fluent for no charge. They should not have promised things that they cannot do. They lied to us and now I am left with no security system.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Manpreet - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and we are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Shawn Ellenwood, GA

Can I give a 0. My service has not been working right with this company for over 6 months. My panel keeps disconnecting and my garage door keeps saying front door. I have called tech and spend hours on the phone with them. They sent a female out to my house today and she totally messed my entire system up. She left my house without telling me she was leaving, left my foyer dirty and my front door open. This tech ran some wire from my basement panel that required an extension cord. 4 hours later and the system is more screwed up than when she started. I had to call customer service the tech was laughing like it was funny. I was on hold for a supervisor for 35 minutes before talking to a sup. Than have to wait for another tech to come out and wait more of my time. I am writing the BBB and their corporate office.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Shawn - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Herb Vancouver, WA

My new home came with a Fluent security system and a free 3-month trial . From setting up the account to disconnecting, service was horrible. The account manager seemed to only be able to contact me by email, even though he said he'd call. When I was told to call an 800 number to arrange installation of the video doorbell, they couldn't do it and referred me back to the account manager. I contacted him again and asked him to call. If I hadn't checked my email I never would have known the installer was coming. Installer was OK, but late arriving. He was in a big hurry because he had a long drive home. The video doorbell they installed was junk. I'd get the notification anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes after activated. Ran through all their checks, reboot router, etc. It was worthless. The kicker came with not subscribing after the trial period. My control panel started beeping an alert every 2 to 3 hours with no way to stop it. I called tech support at Fluent and after talking to 2 techs was told that there was no way for them to turn it off. So now I'm stuck with a system that I was told by the builder that it could be used as a local alarm, but its beeping throughout the night and Fluent can't, or won't, turn it off without my subscribing to service again. I consider that extortion. Fluent would be the last place I'd go for alarm service, and would NEVER recommend them.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Herb - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Marcus

DO NOT USE FLUENT if you are a Salt Lake County resident - this company does not verify alarm information with police jurisdictions to dispatch on to you in emergencies. They can't even guarantee that police will be dispatched to your residence during an alarm intrusion because of Fluent's own terrible alarm policies and procedures. They nullify their own contract terms with residents without any notification. They alter your payment due dates to cash in on an extra months payment and use that month to "roll over" your contract length extending it without permission. Dishonest company that can't seem to connect you with anyone to talk about your contract or why police aren't dispatched on alarms for your city. If you live in Salt Lake County or SLC proper DO NOT waste your time and money on this company that won't protect or call police out to respond during alarms (literally the point of an alarm company). Choose a more reputable alarm company with honest policies that at least dispatch police to help you in emergencies. **** Yes Fluent has great camera systems for home monitoring and a workable phone app to monitor what is going on in your home, but they WILL NOT DISPATCH POLICE IN AN EMERGENCY!! You will sit and watch someone break in without Fluent getting police to respond, great. Every alarm company gives you access to monitor your own home through their equipment along with a working phone apps and they will make sure police respond. Fluent is an absolute scam during an emergency. Do not risk using this "company"

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Marcus- thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826

Sydney Sorensen

Honestly, such a terrible company. The service is awful. I asked to have someone fix our camera 3 times ( after already being on our 3rd camera because the rest were faulty), and no one showed up. I then told them 6 times to come pick up their equipment and I wanted to terminate with them, no one has showed up yet. Also, the company gave me a real eye opener this weekend, I pulled the panel away from the wall to paint, ( painting the house ), and the notification came up as " Panel tampering" , but I needed to wait for the paint to dry. Not a single phone call was made to myself or my spouse to see if everything was okay. 3 days later, still no phone call, so do they really monitor? If that was an emergency , I could still be injured. This just added to my reasons of wanting to cancel. Terrible ,Terrible company, I tell everyone I know not to use this company.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hi Sydney - thank you for your feedback. Fluent has recently discovered and are currently working through our reviews. Should you still need assistance, please contact us at 855.238.4826