Cove is a home security company focused on providing its customers with easy, enjoyable, and economical home security services. With nationwide coverage, Cove's aim is to protect every home in the United States.

The company does not require a long-term monitoring contract for certain packages, and it ensures a 60-day money-back guarantee on all home security systems. Cove eliminated the middleman to get better home security services for less and now possesses a 5-star professional monitoring service. Cove also offers a lifetime warranty on equipment.

Cove home security reviews note great customer service and exceptional products. Read additional Cove home security reviews below to see what else customers are saying about the home security company.

Click here to go straight to Cove security reviews

The Good

• Cove Security Reviews
  • Simple DIY Installation
  • Customizable Home Security
  • 24-Hour Shipping
  • Cove Home Security Cost
  • Cove InstaText
  • 60-Day Risk-Free Trial
  • Lifetime Equipment Warranty
  • Cove Mobile App
  • Extensive Equipment/Services

Cove Security Reviews

Cove security reviews are overwhelmingly positive, awarding Cove an overall 5-star consumer rating. Customer reviews highlight impressive customer service, easy ordering and setup, quality equipment, and quick response time. Many home security providers have poor reviews, alluding to a poor consumer experience. Positive Cove reviews can provide peace of mind to customers that doing business with Cove will result in a satisfactory experience and quality service. Read more Cove home security reviews below.

Simple DIY Installation

Cove’s security system is wireless, easy-to-use technology that is simple and straightforward. Customers can install the system themselves within minutes.

The Touch Panel acts as the brain of the security system, and it will walk you through the entire process with on-screen instructions. A video of the setup process can be found on the homepage of Cove’s website or on YouTube. Many home security systems require professional setup that may result in hefty charges and a difficult installation process. DIY security systems are often customers' preferred home security solution.

Customizable Home Security

You can customize your Cove alarm system to meet your home’s specific security needs. You can do this through Cove’s secure online checkout, or you can call the helpline and speak to a security expert directly. Customizable security plans ensure homeowners won't be stuck paying for unnecessary services, and it will make their security experience that much more enjoyable and carefree.

24-Hour Shipping

Cove provides 24-hour shipping, so you can receive your security system as quickly as possible and install as soon as you'd like. This way, you don’t have to wait weeks to secure your home. Many home security providers have a difficult setup process and may take weeks to complete the process, especially if professional installation is required and needs to be scheduled.

Cove Home Security Cost

Cove home security is reasonably priced, with a monthly fee ranging from $14.99 - $34.99 monitoring. If you keep Cove's monitoring services for 36 months or more, you do not have to sign a long-term contract, nor do you have to pay any equipment fees or an upfront cost.

You have the option to cancel any time before the 36 months are up, but you will have to cover the equipment costs of your security package (up to $500).

Cove InstaText

With Cove InstaText, you can get security notifications sent directly to your phone through a text message. Cove InstaText will alert you immediately if your security system detects motion or other suspicious activity. You can then respond with the action you would like cove to take by responding “Send Help,” “Cancel,” or “Call me.”

60-Day Risk-Free Trial

Cove wants its customers to be 100 percent satisfied, so it offers a 60-day risk-free trial on all home security systems to test out its services. If you don’t like Cove’s home security services, you can send the system back for a full refund. Many security providers only offer a 30-day money-back guarantee or no money-back option at all, so this is great for consumers who want a worry-free trial period to decide if Cove's security system is right for them.

Lifetime Equipment Warranty

Unlike many home security providers, Cove offers a lifetime warranty on its equipment devices, so you never have to worry about paying for equipment replacements at additional charges.

Cove Mobile App

Cove offers a free app with its systems. It is available in the app store for Android devices as well as Apple iOS devices. Having a synched home security app allows consumers to monitor and control their security system from anywhere at any time and can alert them of any suspicious activity or disturbances in or around the home.

Extensive Equipment/Services

Cove security systems have a variety of equipment and services available. Having more diverse security options allows for more suitable options for a variety of consumers. Offerings are as follows:

• Cove Alarm Touch control panel
  • Glass Break Detector
  • Smoke Detector
  • Flood Sensor
  • Carbon Monoxide Detector
  • Medical Button (Medical alert system to instantly notify emergency response services)
  • Cove InstaText
  • Cove LiveAssist (2-way communication channel between you and Cove)
  • Indoor cameras

The Bad

Time in Business

Started in early 2018, Cove has been in business for a relatively short time. However, despite its brief time in business thus far, Cove seems to be a trusted and well-established home security company with many beneficial services to offer.

The Bottom Line

Cove is a fairly new home security company but has been working for years to provide easy-to-use, enjoyable, and affordable home security systems with quality monitored security. Cove has customizable packages, and the equipment is set up through a simple DIY process and does not require the system to be professionally installed.

Cove provides 24-hour shipping on its security solutions and has a package option with no upfront fees, no equipment costs, and no contracts with an affordable monthly fee. There is also a lifetime equipment warranty and a 60-day risk-free trial.

A drawback to Cove is its limited time in business. However, with a 5-star review rating, limited time in business has clearly not kept Cove from becoming an exceptional home security provider with great customer satisfaction ratings. Consumer reviews highlight impressive customer service, fast and easy installation, impressive pricing, and more. We highly recommend considering Cove for your home security needs. Read through Cove security reviews below to see what else customers are saying about Cove’s home security services.

4.8

Steve g

July 19th, 2020 Hawley, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I installed cove in my home 2days ago 07/16 2020 ,easy setup works great left Adt now I pay 1/3 of the price for cove.i also get more options with cove and works with cellular phone ,awesome company

ronny linebaugh

July 19th, 2020 Leander, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After lookin for a DIY system comparable to Alarm.com with an app I found it. Very easy to install. One for home and one for our Mountain Home. I really like this system

Marco Blazquez

June 8th, 2020 Jarrell, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great product. Excellent customer service. Perfect price.

John

June 8th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have been great to work with, system very easy to use and setting up was easy.

George

June 8th, 2020 Dayton, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Is been very good, they respond very fast. I set my alarm to not get a call for 30 seconds so if I do trip the alarm, but they still call. I guess that's good

Lisha Fischer

June 6th, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

First I want to say, their response time to alarms is FAST, too fast. When you cancel an alarm, they still call. I thought I'd give COVE a try since they were a new company. I ordered their Home Al arm System (door/window sensors, Glass break and motion sensors). The first time I tested the system in 'AWAY" mode, the motion sensors wouldn't work. Cove replaced the entire system but, for some odd reason, we could not figure out, the motion sensors still would not work in our home. I had been working with the manager, who was very patience and helpful with trying to make sure the system worked for us. We tried for hours without any luck. My theory is, I think our outdoor security cameras were interfering with their motion sensors transmission because they were all installed on exterior corner walls that had security camera installed on the outside. When we disarmed the security cameras, we got them to work most of the time. The ONLY location in our home they appeared to work was the hallway. Being that you cannot install the motion sensors in front of windows and the rooms all had 2 windows, exterior walls was the only location we could use. Next, I wanted to test the Glass breaks. The glass break sensors should activate within 15 feet of a window or glass door. We installed one at approximately 11 1/2 feet from a large window, we tested it by actually breaking glass at 15 feet, 11 feet, 10 feet, and 6 feet and it NEVER went off. I contacted their technical support and was told to try testing them using a recorded sound of glass breaking, so I did a live video using several glass break effect sounds from Youtube, using my BOSE speakers with the sensors at 6 feet away from the speakers. They DID NOT go off, one did go off at approxiamately 4 feet but with several test they would only go off if the sensors were right in front of the speakers. The issue was they wouldn't trigger properly as shown in the video. The door and window sensors worked fine during both 'STAY' and 'AWAY' mode test. We also had issues with the panel. It would start counting down at night in 'STAY' mode for some odd reason and we had to get up to disarm it and arm it again. It you are going to have a Home Security System to secure your home both at home and away from home, you need a reliable and dependable system that works 100% of the time. Cove's call dispatch center appears to be reliable with responding to alarms but that's not enough, I need the alarm system to be as reliable to protect my home and my family from intruders. If it can't do that, what's the purpose of paying for the service? I have notified Cove that we wish to return the system. Hopefully we can find a system that actually work for us and one we can rely on to work for us. I suggest anyone with a Cove security system, test all their devices in both 'STAY' and 'AWAY' modes to assure they work properly.

Jun 08, 2020

I am so sorry you had a poor experience with your equipment. I am super glad, however, that our customer service team did everything possible to make it right. We have a 60-day money-back guarantee for situations like this or any reason whatsoever because we want every Cove customer to be happy they chose Cove. We will send you a prepaid return label so you can return your system and we will send your full refund once we receive your equipment in our warehouse. We are sorry that we could not make our system work in your particular situation and appreciate you giving Cove a try.

Karla Lopez

June 3rd, 2020 Elizabeth, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolute BEST customer service I have ever had in my entire lifeeeeeeee. Super super helpful, on the phone for over an hour and didn’t even realize it. Honestly amazing.

Thayne

June 2nd, 2020 Butte, MT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cove is a full function alarm system with excellent rates and top notch customer service.

Jerry Hemmerle

June 2nd, 2020 Mooresville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy install, simple intuitive operation. Camera could be improved with battery power rather than electric.

Jeff

June 2nd, 2020 Greencastle, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is the best going. The system is very easy to navigate through and very complete.

My Experience with Cove

June 2nd, 2020 Palmetto, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy Installation and customer service is great also. The only issue I had was when I first got my system, had to have a sensor replaced. Battery was not working.

az happy

June 2nd, 2020 Surprise, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

all products work fine, customer service is outstanding plus and pricing is the best !

Ryan Hawley

June 2nd, 2020 Grants Pass, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love my system. The order process was amazing. I choose the $35 plan and all the equipment was free. Due to covid 19 my income has stopped and they gave me the last 2 months free. They have an incredible staff.

Satisfied customer

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the customer service and their knowledge on the system forbearance association fees

Ollie

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service at Cove is amazing and I am very impressed with that aspect of the company. I have had a couple glitches with the equipment, but nothing major and it was easily rectified over the phone.

Kristen Johnson

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've called in to speak with customer service and it went very smoothly and my questions were answered. Callback time for false alarm wasn't bad either!

Neil Fritsch

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service.. Need outdoor cameras

Lanny T.

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent!! Easy to install. Rest good at night knowing I am secured.

Jed

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good, prompt, and friendly service. Their customer service was very helpful.

Christina

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service. Unable to use it with my Google Home and the app needs work.

Phil Gerber

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I left Simplisafe for Cove and am very happy. The all in one key pad is the best.

Larry and Rhonda Eells

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great gear, quality, monitoring services, easy installing, great customers service, fast delivery, lifetime warranty including batteries with $29, monthly full 24/7 monitoring, free moving remove and reinstall. As for the down side better peel and stick sensors tape for mounting would help but easy fix bay a 1/4 roll of double sided tape extra stick. Only certain surfaces need improved tape. Other than that all I'd 5 stars ot call any competitor and pay 2 or 4 times more 1 year warranties, monthly monitoring is way more and it relies on your home cive is self contained cellular with master panel all talk back monitoring centers to you on their system. IT'S 5 STARS!

Tamica

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazing customer service and user friendly!

Bill W

April 3rd, 2020 Brunswick, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent pricing and customer service. Easy to install. Very pleased so far. Looking forward to integrated cameras (indoor and out) as well as the ability to "name" sensors. I would highly recommend to anyone.

Apr 03, 2020

Thanks for the kind review, Bill. Great feedback as well. We too are really excited about the integrated cameras. We will have them by the end of this calendar year.

Kyle N.

April 2nd, 2020 Meridian, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything about the ordering & installation was a breeze. I’ve contacted their customer service on multiple occasions with questions and feedback & they were nothing but receptive and informative. They are always quick to return my emails an provide a friendly atmosphere. I have referred many family members and friends in their direction. The only downsides are the security camera they offer is not integrated in the app or system at all, they do not allow custom options for individual sensors, and they currently do not have an online computer portal. But for the price and customer service , they can’t be beat.

Apr 02, 2020

Thanks, Kyle for the great feedback. We always want to get better. We will have integrated cameras into the Cove app by the end of this calendar year. We will also have a customer portal by the end of this summer as well. Always wanting to get better. We do strive to have prompt and friendly customer service people. It is very important to us.

Denise Cook

April 1st, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm very happy with Cove as far as the system and the service received when I had to call in.

Geraldine M.

April 1st, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very good service and product at a very good price!

Jwill

April 1st, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awesome. Way better than ADT. Would be nice if website had place to update authorized users.

GMR

March 20th, 2020 Sunrise Beach, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had two alarms and they contacted me within five minutes, which is outstanding in this day and age.

Kimson

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good product and service, need to integrate Yi camera with the alarm app.

Jeffrey Dean

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love everything about my system! An outdoor camera would be nice in the future, though.

Gadfly

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great experience with them. Initial install was dicey as the system, while in installation mode, sent an emergency call out to dispatchers. The gitch was quickly fixed, but should have never happened during the initial install.

Kevin Davis

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Top-notch through and through. Ease of installation was surprising. The system performs well and is user-friendly.

Customer

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're Awesome!!! I've enjoyed the service and support. I wish they had an additional keypad for the back door.

Lala

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's been great and I like the customer service when I call. What needs improvement is the website. I tried to go in and change my billing info but it's no where to be found.

Mar 09, 2020

Thanks for your feedback, Lala. We will be launching a customer portal by the end of this Summer in 2020. So glad you are pleased though.

David Howland

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like everything they stand for and do because they are for the customer and I can't think of anything they need to improve on they are the best already

Jenni

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We love this system! Affordable, immediate response from the cove team to any issue, extremely easy to set up. We love the app especially!

Bryan from Illinois.

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Like Cove's control panel and great customer service by phone. An area needing improvement is Cove's website.

Mar 09, 2020

Thanks for your feedback, Bryan. We will be launching a customer portal by the end of the Summer in 2020. Good things to come!

David Nadeau

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For mu needs i like it all. Easy to install and use. The most inexpensive system on the market.

Ron

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent, they have a great product and excellent service.

Alfred

March 9th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fantastic product very easy install very good customer service

Brayden Ibert

March 8th, 2020 Houston, TX

My family uses Cove for our home security, and we haven’t had a problem cents. It was very easy to install, and the workers were very nice and helpful with getting us the right option for our home.

Mar 09, 2020

Thanks for the kind review, Brayden. Glad we could get your family taken care of.

KS

February 22nd, 2020 Lutz, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wow, what a month we had dealing with Cove. The first panel they shipped didn't work. We plugged it in all around the house and it never turned on. They had me open the back of the device and check the battery, sim card, some cord, etc. Must be defective. Shipped me out a new one. Plugged it in and hurray, at least this one turned on! The first step is testing the cellular connection. It didn't work. They had me move the device by the window, all around the house, etc. Wouldn't connect. Again, they had me bust out the screw driver to undue the device and again check the battery, sim card, cord, etc. All seems fine. Chatted with them over a few days and they kept making me do a hard reset of the panel but nothing worked (oh, and of course - I'm being charged for "monitoring" during this time). FINALLY, after one month of issues, someone says "How strong is AT&T in your area?". I say I have no clue. They check and realize we are in a low coverage zone so they can't monitor us. You'd think this is something they would check with their website before shipping the product to you! Oh, and they offered to let me keep the device (and they would suspend the monitoring payments) until the roll out the Verizon panel. When will that be? Next year. :) I don't think so, Cove.

Feb 26, 2020

Hello KS, I am sorry so sorry that happened. That is so frustrating. We want to make this right to the best of our ability. We strive to train our people to the best of our ability, and I am confident we can find an amicable solution for all parties involved, particularly for all the headaches you had to go through and it didn't even end up working due to low cell signal. Please give us a call at 855-269-3669 and we will help you make this right.

TennesseeGirl

February 16th, 2020 Jackson, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The shipment came quickly, even more quickly than anticipated. Everything that was supposed to be there was. The installation was truly simple. My interactions with customer service have been excellent. I've found them to be prompt in answering, courteous, very knowledgeable, and friendly. I am so pleased that we chose this system, and I definitely recommend it.

Ben

January 6th, 2020 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's been great response, all equipment works as it should, prompt and friendly customer service, great experience so far!

Jan 06, 2020

So glad to hear that Ben. So happy you are pleased.

Tracy from St Louis MO

January 6th, 2020 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great experience. Cove is affordable, with high quality equipment,very efficient, and great service. We feel a lot safer. I have no complaints at all.

Jan 06, 2020

Thanks for the review, Tracy. So glad you are pleased.

Shanee

January 6th, 2020 Baltimore, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent. I love their response time when the alarm goes off. Just wish I could pay my bill online

Jan 06, 2020

Glad you love our response time Shanee. We will have a customer portal available by this calendar year.

Samantha

January 4th, 2020 Richmond, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought the system a couple months ago. So far i haven't had a problem. Customer service has always been amazing when i call. The response time has been amazing when the alarm gets set off accidentally (which has happened since i had to get use to setting the alarm lol) i even ordered more sensors as well without any problems. I would recommend this system to everyone.

Jan 08, 2020

So happy we could protect your home and family. We love providing great experiences.

CV

December 30th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have great customer service, and they are always willing to help.

Dec 30, 2019

Thanks for the kind review. We love helping our customers.

Diane Sabino

December 30th, 2019 Dewey-Humboldt, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their service is excellent. Product works beautifully!

Dec 30, 2019

Thanks, Diane for the kind review. We love to hear this type of raving experience.