Core Home Security

2.4

Core Home Security is a Master Alarm.com Dealer and home security system installer. To ensure Florida residents have the best in home security and home automation technology, the company provides a wide selection of security and smart home equipment, zero-down financing to qualifying applicants, and same-day installation. Customers can also rest easy knowing their provider operates a Five Diamond Certified monitoring center — meaning the company actively works to reduce and prevent false alarm instances.

The Good

• Same-Day Installation
  • Tiered Home Security Packages
  • Video Monitoring Service
  • Broad Service Area

Same-Day Installation

One of the advantages of working with a local home security installer is prompt service. For Florida residents interested in signing a contract with Core Home Security, same-day installation is a definite possibility, meaning customers could have a fully functioning home security system the day they call Core.

Tiered Home Security Packages

Core customers can select from multiple tiered home security packages depending on their needs:

Bronze Smart Home Security Package

• System battery backup
  • Panel medical alert
  • Panel fire alert
  • Panel police alert
  • Yard sign and window decals
  • 2 key fobs

Silver Smart Home Security Package

Comes with all the home security equipment and monitoring as the Bronze Package, plus the following:

• Video doorbell camera
  • Additional yard sign and window decals
  • Motion sensor

Gold Home Security Package

Provides all the comfort and security of the Silver Package, plus the following:

• Glass break sensor
  • Choice of extra camera or smart lock

Platinum Home Security Package

Covers all home security, smart home, and video monitoring needs, and includes everything from the Gold Package, plus the following:

• Smart thermostat
  • Outdoor night vision camera

Every Core Home Security system is connected via cellular backup network and is smart home ready.

Video Monitoring Service

When they sign with the company, Core customers will also receive live HD video surveillance that allows them to know what's going on in and around their home in real time. Homeowners can access their live video feed directly from their smart device, tablet, or desktop computer; view multiple feeds on one screen; remotely adjust the pan and tilt of their cameras; and receive notifications when motion sensors are activated.

Broad Service Area

• Texas
  • Arizona

The Bad

Undisclosed Contract Terms

Although Cove mentions customers could pay as low as $19.95 per month for its professional monitoring services, along with the standard $99 upfront equipment fee, the home security provider has not disclosed the length or terms of its contract, e.g., possible cancellation or restocking fees for early termination.

As contract length remains of the largest concerns for new home security customers, providing this information upfront will empower homeowners to make a more informed decision as they compare home security companies.

The Bottom Line

Florida homeowners interested in working with a local home security company that offers professional monitoring, professional installation, and a suite of home security and smart home products might find Core Home Security to be the right choice for them. Potential customers are encouraged to read verified Core Home Security reviews as well as inquire about Core’s contract terms before making their final decision.

not_listed_location

Core Home Security Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain an alarm permit with my city?

By visiting your city website and applying online.

How many windows are covered?

A minimum of three contacts are included in all packages and primarily used for doors.  The company recommends adding extra motions and glass breaks for the best coverage.

Are Core Home Security's alarm systems wireless?

For an additional monthly fee, the company offers wireless alarm monitoring. Its 2GIG system provides completely wireless freedom; for example, wireless security devices and wireless monitoring.

What is the company's average response time?

After first signal of entry by the company's 5-diamond monitoring station, it typically takes 13 seconds for dispatchers to contact you. After false alarms are ruled out, proper emergency service is dispatched. However, if the panic button is used, then police will be dispatched immediately with no call verification.

Can I arm my alarm system from my phone?

The company'sQolsys system allows you to arm your system remotely. You have total control to interact with your home security system from anywhere with your smart phone, tablet, or computer.

What is Geo-Fencing?

Geo-Fencing is location-based technology that places a virtual fence around a specified location. You can use Geo-Fencing to arm or disarm your system at a certain distance, or even raise or lower your thermostat.

How do I test my system?

Simply contact the company's central monitoring station and requesting your system be put on test mode.

Do I have to have a phone line to get alarm monitoring?

No. In fact, the company provides customers with wireless alarm monitoring systems. If you are a new customer that would like more information or pricing on our wireless systems, please call the company for more information.

Does Core Home Security install cameras?

Yes! Core Home Security provides and professionally installs indoor, outdoor (with night vision), and doorbell cameras. Its systems are supported by alarm.com.

Message from
Core Home Security

Core Home Security believes in the best home security systems to protect you and your family. You should be able to enjoy the confines of your home without the worry of uninvited guests or unexpected disasters. That's where Core Home Security comes in. With over a decade of experience, we ensure that your home or business security system will be personalized to meet your needs. Since we are a local company, we are able to hone in on the areas of concern when it comes to safety. We are a premier provider of smart home technology and automation in the industry. We provide services to several areas including Florida, Alabama, Texas, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and more! Our expert staff not only professionally installs your home security and home automation systems, but also offers on-site training. We are here to provide the highest level of customer service backed by the best equipment in the business. We pride ourselves on giving the fastest emergency response times for Fire, Police, and Medical Monitoring. With Core Home Security, you are able to relieve some of the stress and worries that come with keeping your home and loved ones safe.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.5

bookmark

Featured Review

Susanne Gonet Charleston, TN

It’s a great feeling knowing your safe. Had another large company prior to Core and what a difference having Core, the police have been here a few times. Thanks to Core and there people who work there are really nice and very helpful. I’ll keep there service as long as they keep up there wonderful

Reply from Core Home Security

Core is here to make you feel safe and comfortable in the security of your own home. Thank you so much, Susanne.

bookmark

Featured Review

Satina Harris Temple Hills, MD

I find CoreHome security system to be one of the best systems l’ve used. There custom service is AWESOME!!!

Thank you, Satina!

Patricia Thompson Hephzibah, GA

It has been alright. I don’t have to much else to say. I always get someone to talk to whenever I call and I really do appreciate that. Being able to reach someone when ever I call is very important to me and not just leaving a message and hope someone returns your call. How do I know when I reach 40 characters.

Reply from Core Home Security

Patricia, We understand the importance of being able to reach someone when you have an issue Patricia, and we are here for you. Thank you!

Sherry King Pompano Beach, FL

I love it when ever I have a question about the system Brian and the other staff are so very helpful to solve my question,the staff is above and beyond helpful and understanding

Reply from Core Home Security

We love to answer your security quesetions. Thank you for the great review, Sherry!

William Davis Titusville, FL

I have tried to contact core on two occasions because I have questions about the alarm system. I was unsuccessful and trying to contact you because first of all no one ever answered the phone calls

Reply from Core Home Security

William, I am sorry to hear you have had trouble reaching us. Please contact customer service (888-757-2673) so we can answer any questions you may have.

Keith Reynolds Augusta, GA

Good but just having a hard time scheduling a technician to come out to fix the alarm piece that has been been not working after about the 3rd day of being installed

Reply from Core Home Security

Glad you have had a good experience so far, please reach out to customer service (888-757-2673) so we can get this fixed for you. Thank you, Keith.

Danita Youngstown, OH

It has been very good..no problems that where not address in a fashionable time..people are very nice when speaking to them

Reply from Core Home Security

Thank you, Danita. We are here to help!

Donna Allen Hampton, GA

It has been great to have that extra level of security, also the employees work hard to make sure you're good if there's a problem.

Reply from Core Home Security

Glad to provide the level of security you deserve, Donna. Our licensed technicians are always here to help! Thank you!

Ms Griffin Anna, TX

I don't like the fact you can't pay you bill on line or via phone. I haven't received a invoice for the this month. I refuse to gave my information for auto draft due to the salesman for there company fraudulently took money from me on Christmas day.

Reply from Core Home Security

Ms. Griffin, sorry to hear about your experience. I assure you our sales reps would never fraudulently take money from our customers. We actually accept payments over the phone, please call our customer service number at (888)-757-2673 so we can further assist you.

May. 7th, 2021

Abdul-Saboor Rushdan Greenwood, FL

I've placed a few requests for someone to come to my residence to reconnect my front door camera. Out of three legitimate requests only one repair person responded. As of this date no successful repair.

Reply from Core Home Security

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble getting your front door camera reconnected. Please reach out to customer service (888-757-2673) so we can get this fixed for you.

Marjorie Bullock Greenville, NC

I can see what the weather's like without leaving my seat. Wish I could talk to any one at the door from my seat.

Reply from Core Home Security

Glad to hear about your good experience, Marjorie. We offer Doorbell Cameras that are Two-way conversation capable. Contact us so we can help you get set up!

Deborah Boca Raton, FL

It has been good so far. Phone calls are readily answered with questions. The unit has been working perfectly.

Reply from Core Home Security

Glad to hear of your good experience, Deborah. Thank you for the great review!

Dewayne Washington Baltimore, MD

It’s been ok for the last pass 5 months, the moving process is not good at all . I waited over two months to get it re-install

Reply from Core Home Security

We normally have security systems moved within the month. Sorry to hear this took longer than expected. Please reach out if we can assist you further, Dewayne.

Arlene Manuel Midway, FL

It's been ok. I left a message a couple of weeks ago. Left camera is not working. I need the tech to come out.

Reply from Core Home Security

Sorry to hear about your camera not working properly. Please contact us (888-757-2673) so that we can help fix this issue for you. Thanks for reaching out, Arlene.

James Huff Dadeville, AL

I love it but haven't yet used it. The alert button for my wife works great.

Reply from Core Home Security

We are here when you need us, James. Thank you for choosing Core Home Security to protect your home and family!

Tammy Columbia, KY

Satisfied with service. Easy to understand instructions. Economic safety

Reply from Core Home Security

Thank you, Tammy! We are happy you are satisfied with our security services! Let us know if we can do anything else to help.

Theresa Graham, NC

The service is great . Customer service has been very helpful.

Reply from Core Home Security

Thank you so much, Theresa! Our home security customer service staff is always here to help.

Charlotte Venus, TX

It freezes alot when I'm checking my camera when I'm not home the clips are not recorded long enough

Reply from Core Home Security

We are sorry to hear about this issue. Please contact us so that we can find a solution to your camera issues.

Vicki Falconer Goldsboro, NC

I would not recommend them to anyone. I am charged more than anyone explained. I can not use my system and it is the biggest waist of my money.

Reply from Core Home Security

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with your security system. Please contact us (888-757-2673) so that we can discuss any billing issues.

Robert Beasley Crockett, TX

This the the worst home security system I've had.Im NOT completely please with their service.

Reply from Core Home Security

We are sorry for your experience, Robert. Please call us to discuss this issue further so we can help make this right.

Ron Patenaude Fort Pierce, FL

All is working fine, support when needed is spot on.

Reply from Core Home Security

We are glad to hear everything is running smoothly. Core is here whenever you need us. Thank you, Ron!

Lysette Haines City, FL

Monitoring including the response team is five star! Equipment is lacking horribly

Reply from Core Home Security

Glad to hear about your good experience with our monitoring system. If any of your security equipment needs repair or upgrade, please reach out so we can help you.

James Melville Garner, NC

No emergencies yet, but very responsive to questions.

Thank you, James!

Karen McCollister Greenville, SC

System not working properly and they can’t get it fixed, now they won’t return my calls and they are billing me 2 different amounts each month.

Reply from Core Home Security

I assure you we want to get this fixed for you, Karen. Please reach out to customer service (888-757-2673) and we will work on resolving this issue with you.

Pat Delray Beach, FL

Installation done by Lon and Kathy...wonderful people

Reply from Core Home Security

Glad to hear you had a good experience with our professional installers. Thank you, Pat!

Chris Ellis Georgetown, TX

The security team is responsive to all alerts by providing help when needed.

Reply from Core Home Security

Our 5-diamond monitoring system and professional reps make sure we are able to provide you with the help you need when you need it! Thank you, Chris.

George Evans Muscle Shoals, AL

Errors have not been fixed. I have numerus euros on the panel and i have not had a Someone call to fix them

Reply from Core Home Security

George, let us help get these errors fixed for you. Please contact our customer support (888-757-2673) so that we can look further into this issue.

Nathanael Palm Bay, FL

It’s makes you feel safe and to set the alarm on and off is easy.

Reply from Core Home Security

Glad the Core Home Security could help you feel safe in your home, Nathanael.

Christopher Mize Jonesville, MI

I was supposed to get free months of service, and never got it, then I recommended a friend to the company, and never got credit for that!!

Reply from Core Home Security

Christopher, please contact our support team (888-757-2673) so that we can help you get your referral credit and so that we can look into getting you your free month.

Ruby Burroughs Summerville, SC

Love it, only concern, door bell does not ring loud.

Reply from Core Home Security

Thank you, Ruby. Sorry, your doorbell isn't ringing loud enough. You are able to receive notifications on your phone, and you can even add a chime pro device to help make your doorbell louder. Please reach out if we can assist you further in this matter.

Julius Collado Fort Worth, TX

I have not been able to connect at all. It does not recognize my password. Has been like that for 4 months.

Reply from Core Home Security

Julius, sorry to hear you are having issues connecting. If you are open to discussing this issue further, please call us at (888)-757-2673 so we can help get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Tori Spruill Greensboro, NC

keeps going off for no reason. Cops been to house and having to pay out extra money. a waste of my money

Reply from Core Home Security

Tori, we are sorry to hear about issues with your security system. Please contact us (888-757-2673) so that we can assist you in solving this problem.

Charles Morrow Calhoun City, MS

Works part time cameras always offline can only watch property whenever cameras decide to connect

Reply from Core Home Security

We are sorry about your experience, Charles. Please contact us (888-757-2673) so that we can get this issue resolved.

Elaine bryant Xenia, OH

All is fine. No issues w the service. Coyld be cheaper.

Reply from Core Home Security

We are glad to hear you aren't having any issues with your home security system. Thank you, Elaine!

Matthew Ehis Wylie, TX

Good experience and everything is working accordingly

Reply from Core Home Security

Glad to hear everything is working properly. Please let us know if we can help you with anything regarding your home security needs!

George Ashford Saint James, MO

Little to no contact video very poor have to be too close to set off camera and

Reply from Core Home Security

If you are having issues with the proximity of your security camera, please call and we can have that adjusted. Thank you, George.

Karen McKown Cayce, SC

Limited assistance. Ring chime pro has never worked

Reply from Core Home Security

We are sorry to hear of your issues with your Ring chime pro, Karen. Please contact us (888-757-2673) so that we can try to resolve this issue with you.

Charles Burns Hubbard, TX

Poor ,can’t talk to any body about my problem

Reply from Core Home Security

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your security system, Charles. Could you elaborate on your issue? You can reach out to customer service (888-757-2673) so that we can find out what your problems are and address them.

Tammy Columbia, KY

Satisfied with service. Easy to understand instructions. Economic safety

Nancy Brooksville, FL

It's the worst. The customer experience is unheard of.

Reply from Core Home Security

We are sorry for your experience Nancy. Please call us to discuss any issues you may be having.