Previously known as LifeShield, an ADT Company, the company has rebranded to Blue by ADT. The security provider is a pioneer in DIY smart home security, offering Wi-Fi-enabled security products that are compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Homeowners and renters can choose from three security sets or build their own custom security set to fit their needs. Low monthly monitoring starts at $19.99 per month to $24.98 per month plus tax. Read Blue by ADT reviews below to see if the home security company is right for you.

Click here to go straight to Blue by ADT reviews.

The Good

• Equipment Warranty and 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Remote Access on All Plans
  • No Landline Phone Connection Required
  • 24/7 Professional Monitoring
  • Home Automation Options
  • Transparent Blue by ADT Pricing

Equipment Warranty and 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Blue by ADT provides its customers with Wi-Fi enabled, wireless security products for up to 40% off. An equipment warranty is added to provide protection throughout the entirety of the service contract. All of Blue by ADT products also come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The 30-day money-back guarantee refund covers upfront costs, including activation fee when applicable, and shipping. Note that customers must return promotional items.

Remote Access on All Plans

The completely wireless home security systems use internet and cellular connections to monitoring centers. Users can use the Blue by ADT app to arm and disarm the alarm system from any location. With four layers of protection (including high-speed internet, cellular signal, cellular text, and landline phone) and 24-hour battery backup, the home security system stays connected to help you stay protected.

No Landline Phone Connection Required

Customers have the option of using landline phone connection as an unrequired backup, but Blue by ADT home security systems don't need a landline connection to operate.

24/7 Professional Monitoring

Three coast-to-coast monitoring centers help protect you day and night from burglary, fire, and flood. They are backed up with two generators and uninterruptible power supplies. These monitoring centers will immediately alert the customer and emergency service personnel the moment a signal alert is triggered.

Home Automation Options

Blue by ADT has smart home automation included in all plans. With the free Blue by ADT mobile app, you can manage your home security system and your smart home devices. Blue by ADT systems are compatible with Amazon, Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT, and Z-Wave Plus devices. Smart home automation capabilities include:

• Locking and unlocking smart door locks
  • Dimming or turning on/off your lights
  • Turning smart outlets on/off
  • Controlling smart thermostat temperature and controls
  • Opening and closing your garage door

Transparent Blue by ADT Pricing

Blue by ADT has all pricing information listed on its website. The security systems are priced from $199.15 to $376.10. There is also an option to build your own custom security system.

Monthly monitoring is $19.99 without video storage and $24.98 (plus tax) with 30-day video storage. Available smart home security products with Blue by ADT include:

• Patented base
  • Entry keypad
  • Security touchpad
  • Indoor and outdoor smart cameras
  • HD video doorbell (coming soon)
  • Door/window sensor
  • Pet-friendly motion sensor
  • Fire safety sensor
  • Glass break sensor
  • Temperature/flood sensor
  • Keychain remote
  • Yard sign and window stickers
  • 30-Day cloud video storage

The Bad

Company History

The company's overall history has been relatively unstable. The company was founded in 2004 and then purchased by DIRECTV in 2013, which then became a part of AT&T in 2015. In April of 2017, the former CEO of Blue by ADT, previously known as Lifeshield, acquired the company from AT&T and brought back the original self-installation platform with a direct-to-consumer approach.

However, in 2019, LifeShield was acquired by ADT. Recently rebranded to Blue by ADT and with ADT support, the company is now taking product innovation to the next level, while continuing to make excellent customer service a top priority.

The Bottom Line

Blue by ADT offers total security solutions to customers across the United States. Monthly plans feature 24/7 professional monitoring, equipment warranties, and remote access from virtually anywhere. Starting at $19.99 per month for entire home coverage and included smart home automation features, service plans are competitively priced against other home security marketplace options. Ordering is easy on Blue by ADT's website without credit checks or activation fees. There are also home automation options controlled through the Blue by ADT mobile app that allows homeowners to synch their home security system and their smart home devices. To hear what past and current customers have to say, read Blue by ADT home security reviews below.

Call our recommended rep over at Blue by ADT below.

3.5

Juan Mendez

June 30th, 2017 Lehigh Acres, FL

It's been an overall, positive experience. I do have to say that, for some reason, the little remote sets off my house alarm.

Sean Fleming

June 30th, 2017 Hillsborough Township, NJ

The service is great, but ever since they were acquired by AT&T, their hardware pieces weren't available on their website anymore. It's like they went out of business. Besides that, we've felt better away from home now. It gives us a sense of security.

Pat Bishop

June 30th, 2017 Crossville, TN

One of the benefits of purchasing LifeShield is that nobody has entered the home if I have it on. Plus. I'm able to monitor it from wherever I'm at. We're fairly satisfied with the service.

Karen Miller

June 30th, 2017 Orting, WA

I'm really happy with it, and I like the fact that I can tell when people come and go from the house. I also like that it was portable. Actually, I had to move, and it was really easy to move.

V.N.

June 30th, 2017 DeKalb, IL

LifeShield's system is simple, easy to understand, easy to install, and it works effectively. I've had it for 3 years now, and I haven't had a problem with it; it's done everything I expected. The unit looks modern, it works effectively, and I'm very pleased. It's not like the previous system I had. The other one had 2 extensive wired systems that weren't reliable, and they always needed some sort of repairs. With LifeShield, I can control it with my iPhone; I love that! I would only recommend them to expand their product line, but besides that, it's been a very positive experience.

June 30th, 2017 Yreka, CA

I just like the fact that I can view it in anytime on my smartphone. My wife feels more secure when I'm not home. Also, I like that we can leave our house, knowing that it's secure, and that's valued.

Ann Block

June 30th, 2017 Woodsfield, OH

LifeShield is actually for my small business, and I like the fact that I'm notified and monitored. I can monitor who is entering and leaving the building, when it's locked, and other issues, Overall, I don't have any complaints; I'm very satisfied with the service.

Eileen Zsoldos

June 30th, 2017 Stroudsburg, PA

I have a greater sense of security now, and I really appreciate the weather alerts. My only recommendation would be that they should find a way to help maintain their sensors. I've had a couple of sensors go bad on me.

Jeff Williams

June 30th, 2017 Chico, CA

Having their security system is a peace of mind! Plus, being able to configure it for emails and text alerts is great! However, I currently have a problem with the cellular getaway; it doesn't work anymore. I can't seem to get anybody to help me with it, so the $400 piece of equipment I bought seems useless.

Laura Nantovech

June 30th, 2017 Denver, NC

I've always had a security system, and the reason I chose LifeShield was that it's wireless and a self-install system. I'm happy with the system itself, except for the battery. Besides that, it works just fine.

Richard Ryland

June 30th, 2017 Chattanooga, TN

Life Shield's system provided the security I wanted. Plus, it's easy to install and maintain, so that's why I chose them.

Arthur Gray

June 30th, 2017 Maple Heights, OH

Lately, we've been having a problem with their system. It keeps going off, even when we're out of town, so we're not able to reboot our system. We weren't very happy with that. Plus, I think they need to improve on their internet connections, it's not that great.

Michael Cofield

June 30th, 2017 Rotonda West, FL

There's not really much to say; they're doing a good job! Now, I can sleep without worrying about a possible break in.

Gary Schwertly

June 30th, 2017 San Diego, CA

We've really loved the LifeShield system! We've had it for about 3 and half years, and we've been very pleased with it! Due to technology upgrades, the equipment has changed. AT&T has offered us their own system, but LifeShield is still better. It gives us a peace of mind, knowing everything is protected when we leave. If someone were to try to break, there would be a response by our security system to call the police, or fire department, and that peace of mind is very important to us.

Cheryl Z

June 30th, 2017 Congress, AZ

I was pleasantly surprised that, whenever there was a problem, the police did come out, or the sheriff I should say. For some reason, the technician forgot to plug in the keypad into an outlet, and the system was operating mainly off the battery. Of course, the battery would completely drain, so that caused the police to come over. Fortunately, I already changed the battery and plugged it into an outlet. Besides that, it's very simple to use, however, I still think that having a dog would be a wonderful alternative.

Jim Davis

March 27th, 2017

This system does not work well, Ive had it for over a year and it keeps going out of service, even had one false alarm. Would not recommend, I plan to cancel as soon as my contract is up.