Previously known as LifeShield, an ADT Company, the company has rebranded to Blue by ADT. The security provider is a pioneer in DIY smart home security, offering Wi-Fi-enabled security products that are compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Homeowners and renters can choose from three security sets or build their own custom security set to fit their needs. Low monthly monitoring starts at $19.99 per month to $24.98 per month plus tax. Read Blue by ADT reviews below to see if the home security company is right for you.

Click here to go straight to Blue by ADT reviews.

The Good

• Equipment Warranty and 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Remote Access on All Plans
  • No Landline Phone Connection Required
  • 24/7 Professional Monitoring
  • Home Automation Options
  • Transparent Blue by ADT Pricing

Equipment Warranty and 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Blue by ADT provides its customers with Wi-Fi enabled, wireless security products for up to 40% off. An equipment warranty is added to provide protection throughout the entirety of the service contract. All of Blue by ADT products also come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The 30-day money-back guarantee refund covers upfront costs, including activation fee when applicable, and shipping. Note that customers must return promotional items.

Remote Access on All Plans

The completely wireless home security systems use internet and cellular connections to monitoring centers. Users can use the Blue by ADT app to arm and disarm the alarm system from any location. With four layers of protection (including high-speed internet, cellular signal, cellular text, and landline phone) and 24-hour battery backup, the home security system stays connected to help you stay protected.

No Landline Phone Connection Required

Customers have the option of using landline phone connection as an unrequired backup, but Blue by ADT home security systems don't need a landline connection to operate.

24/7 Professional Monitoring

Three coast-to-coast monitoring centers help protect you day and night from burglary, fire, and flood. They are backed up with two generators and uninterruptible power supplies. These monitoring centers will immediately alert the customer and emergency service personnel the moment a signal alert is triggered.

Home Automation Options

Blue by ADT has smart home automation included in all plans. With the free Blue by ADT mobile app, you can manage your home security system and your smart home devices. Blue by ADT systems are compatible with Amazon, Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT, and Z-Wave Plus devices. Smart home automation capabilities include:

• Locking and unlocking smart door locks
  • Dimming or turning on/off your lights
  • Turning smart outlets on/off
  • Controlling smart thermostat temperature and controls
  • Opening and closing your garage door

Transparent Blue by ADT Pricing

Blue by ADT has all pricing information listed on its website. The security systems are priced from $199.15 to $376.10. There is also an option to build your own custom security system.

Monthly monitoring is $19.99 without video storage and $24.98 (plus tax) with 30-day video storage. Available smart home security products with Blue by ADT include:

• Patented base
  • Entry keypad
  • Security touchpad
  • Indoor and outdoor smart cameras
  • HD video doorbell (coming soon)
  • Door/window sensor
  • Pet-friendly motion sensor
  • Fire safety sensor
  • Glass break sensor
  • Temperature/flood sensor
  • Keychain remote
  • Yard sign and window stickers
  • 30-Day cloud video storage

The Bad

Company History

The company's overall history has been relatively unstable. The company was founded in 2004 and then purchased by DIRECTV in 2013, which then became a part of AT&T in 2015. In April of 2017, the former CEO of Blue by ADT, previously known as Lifeshield, acquired the company from AT&T and brought back the original self-installation platform with a direct-to-consumer approach.

However, in 2019, LifeShield was acquired by ADT. Recently rebranded to Blue by ADT and with ADT support, the company is now taking product innovation to the next level, while continuing to make excellent customer service a top priority.

The Bottom Line

Blue by ADT offers total security solutions to customers across the United States. Monthly plans feature 24/7 professional monitoring, equipment warranties, and remote access from virtually anywhere. Starting at $19.99 per month for entire home coverage and included smart home automation features, service plans are competitively priced against other home security marketplace options. Ordering is easy on Blue by ADT's website without credit checks or activation fees. There are also home automation options controlled through the Blue by ADT mobile app that allows homeowners to synch their home security system and their smart home devices. To hear what past and current customers have to say, read Blue by ADT home security reviews below.

Call our recommended rep over at Blue by ADT below.

3.5

Noriel Reyes

August 24th, 2017

Alarm goes "whacko" after a 15 min away mode. Happens 2x in a week period. We get billed twice for $130.00 for 1 serv rep visit. Not a cop but a serv rep from Lifeshield ... Cust serv states 2 visit... but we only had 1 signed visit. WHAT A RIPPED OFF. We cancelled our serv. before we max our contract...

Phillip Petty

July 25th, 2017 Lonsdale, AR

We live in a remote area, so we needed an alarm system because we're not close to any responders. The fact that the system will alert us if there was ever an event has given us a peace of mind. I've been really happy with it.

Robert Loudermilk

July 25th, 2017 Dallas, GA

This service has added more peace of mind. I don't have to worry as much about my house, and I can use the access app to see if anything is going on.

Chong Lee

July 25th, 2017 San Jose, CA

I've benefited from the timestamp it gives when the doors open and close. I just wish it had a longer battery life, and that it came with more sensors.

David Veilleux

July 25th, 2017 North Las Vegas, NV

LifeShield is an outstanding company to deal with. I like the cameras in my home when I'm not here. They've offered a great experience so far.

Eric Jones

July 25th, 2017 Fort Lauderdale, FL

They should have regular updates on customer satisfaction. We've had some issues with the equipment, and we haven't really heard any feedback from LifeShield about fixing it or replacing it. We did appreciate the ability to look at the cameras when we're away from home, and to know that our home is safe when we aren't there.

Ronnell Tyars

July 25th, 2017 Corona, CA

I'm able to look into my home when I'm away, so I like that. Plus, I get notifications about any unauthorized entrance. My only suggestion would be that they should have different camera sizes, and different prices as well.

K.W.

July 25th, 2017 Leander, TX

I purchased this service to have a peace of mind. There's not really much to say about it, I just like the ability to remotely check in on the house when I'm away.

C.S.

July 25th, 2017 Fort Wayne, IN

It's given me a sense of being secure. We haven't had any issues with the system, so I'd say it's been a very positive experience so far.

Billie Brown

July 25th, 2017 Navarre, FL

My husband was going out of town a lot and I needed something to make sure I was safe, so I decided to go with LifeShield. I like the fact that it alerts me as soon as the door is open, so they gave me the secure feeling of knowing that if somebody opens the door, it will set off. Another thing I really like is the notifications you get when the alarm goes off, they call right away.

Allan Perkins

July 25th, 2017 Plant City, FL

Thinking positive about LifeShield, we just lock up everything and set the alarm every day, before we go to bed. However, the alarm has gone off, and we never had a call back from anybody. I would think somebody would call back and find out why the alarm went off. I don't know now if there's going to be any response, as far as local authority, if it goes off.

Thomas Mcdaniels

July 25th, 2017 Massillon, OH

There was a little issue with the keyless remote because we dropped it and it broke. After calling, they sent me another one immediately. There was also a little problem with our camera, but it had more to do with our WiFi than LifeShield's actual camera, so basically, we've been issue free. It's given us a peace of mind.

Micki Walsh

July 25th, 2017 Clarksville, TN

After my husband died, my car was broken into, so my son-in-law recommended a security system. I think the biggest benefit LifeShield has provided is that we feel safer now. We installed it ourselves, and it was actually very easy to install. Plus, technical support was excellent, and everything they've had to deal with has been terrific.

Ramon Flores

July 25th, 2017 Yuma, AZ

Everything works well, so just keep doing a great job!

John Sparks

July 25th, 2017 Placentia, CA

We had Brinks for a long time, but the lower cost solution that LifeShield offered was the reason we switched over. They should take more advantage out of the smartphone integration, and stuff like that. Their website goes down quite a bit, and It makes it difficult to turn things on and off with the smart device when the website is down. Also, some of the equipment is low quality. Actually, the touch pad is very poor quality; it works, but it has a big crack, even though it sits on the table and never gets touched.

Joe Story

July 25th, 2017 Kansas City, MO

It's been a satisfactory experience, but they should make the alarm sound in the new system louder. It's not very loud. It used to be 105 decibels with the old system, and now it's a lot quieter now.

Rebecca Pruitt

July 25th, 2017 El Paso, AR

Usually there's kids in my house, and since it's a large home, most of the time I don't hear when somebody is knocking the door. I like that I know when somebody comes in and goes out, and that helps a lot to make sure the teenagers get home in time. I enjoy the system, but I do wish that it came with a camera instead of having to buy one.

R.M.

July 25th, 2017 El Cajon, CA

The service has been okay, but sometimes the system breaks up. There's some sort of broadband outage.

Christopher Lewis

July 25th, 2017 Springfield, VA

I really like the 24 hour a day access to it. It's all set up with my doors, to open or close, and I can do that from anywhere. Plus, it has the option to call for emergency services in case of a fire, so it's not just for burglars.

Yan Chen

July 25th, 2017 Cherry Hill, NJ

Now, we don't have to worry about being inside or outside of our home if someone breaks in. It's provided safety and security to our house. I do have to say that the sensor sometimes happens to be off, even if we don't do anything.

W.T.

July 25th, 2017 Boonton, NJ

My wife feels much safer with LifeShield in our house. Personally, I'd like to see integration with other smart home features.

Richard Braun

July 25th, 2017 Harriman, TN

We switched to LifeShield because they had a better deal than our previous company, and it's worked great! It's given us a chance of security.

Jay Barkman

July 25th, 2017 Santa Ana, CA

It's easy to use with different people, like our nanny and my grandparents. We can remotely turn it off and on, and use the cameras to assist us as well. We've just been happy with everything.

George Gentis

July 25th, 2017 Troy, OH

The kids are all grown up, so we really thought that we needed a little more security in monitoring all the doors and windows in the house. It's given us a little extra assurance when we're not home. I just think there should be more flexibility on the app. My telephone app failed to access the individual sensors, the alarms and stuff on it.

Angela Alexander

July 25th, 2017 Baltimore, MD

I purchased the system because I believe that it would keep my home, myself, and all my valuables safer. I would say that I appreciate that when an alarm goes off, they call to identify if there's a problem, instead of automatically sending over the base officers. I've had these few false alarms, but I've also had legitimate alarm go off. One thing I did notice is a deduction on my insurance policy.

William Friesz

July 25th, 2017 Clermont, FL

My wife feels more comfortable now, having the alarm system. If she something happens at night, she can call the police now. It's been an average service so far.

Barry Vess

July 25th, 2017 Old Fort, NC

My system is supposed to have a dual feature, where it allows you to be hooked up to the internet and to the cellphone, as a back-up. The cellphone option was never hooked up, and the internet goes out frequently.

Kevin Staff

July 25th, 2017 Winston-Salem, NC

I've been happy with it. I've had it for over 5 years now, and things have worked well. Plus, it gives me a sense of security of having them when you leave your home, you know that it's protected.

James Sharkey

July 25th, 2017 Freehold, NJ

Excellent service! I haven't had any break ins, and it's given me a sense of security now.

Michael Domingo

July 25th, 2017 Redwood City, CA

Knowing that my home and family is safe gives me a peace of mind. LifeShield has certainly provided a good service.

Phil Gallegos

July 25th, 2017 Norwalk, CA

A few upgrades would be beneficial to the customers. We've had a few issues where the sensors didn't work properly. My wife set the alarm off, and she thought the alarm was on, so she walked away. When I got home, the alarm wasn't even on, so I guess the alarm didn't catch. My previous providers didn't install properly their systems, so this is my last hope, and besides that situation, it's been working just fine.

Jeremy Fox

July 25th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX

So far, my experience with LifeShield has been very positive. There's not really anything I'd change about them, although, I really like the camera features.

Tricia Delmundo

July 25th, 2017 Auburn, WA

The apps are okay to use, and if something happens at the house, I get notifications via email or text messages. Every now and then the broadband goes out, so I'm not sure if it's our WiFi or the system itself. It just disconnects every now and then, but it also reboots itself.

K.L.

July 25th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

There's nothing I really loved about the system, it just works fine to me. Plus, I have a peace of mind now.

Robert Keating

July 25th, 2017 Chalfont, PA

I wanted to replace an existent system in my house, so I chose LifeShield. So far, it's been excellent. However, it'd be great if they improve their communication, and a new equipment would be nice as well.

Shae Martin

July 25th, 2017 Statesville, NC

The system is economically friendly, user friendly, and very acceptable. It's given me a safer home.

Francisco Palos

July 25th, 2017 McFarland, CA

We have a 5-year contract, and there's a lot of updated equipment is coming out that we would like to take advantage of. Unfortunately, we can't do any of that, so we're stuck with the old equipment. Besides that, I still like the fact that we'll be alerted if somebody entered our house.

Shane Porter

July 25th, 2017 Aurora, CO

They used to work a lot better. My experience with their service has not been good.

Mark Karsonovich

July 25th, 2017 Lake Worth, FL

I like the fact that I can check in on my house, and there's no real super benefit, but I know that the alarm will go off if there's a fire in my house or if somebody breaks in. The camera that were sold to me are supposed to be wireless, but they're not wireless. I got my bandwidth increased as much as it could go, and even like that, the cameras were like garbage, so we have to plug them in.

Sarah Regan

July 25th, 2017 McKinney, TX

We've felt protected with LifeShield. I just don't think it's as cheap as other companies that are out there.

Lydia Lockett

July 25th, 2017 Pooler, GA

I purchased LifeShield to improve my safety, however, it'd be nice if they call when I set the alarm off by accident. That makes me think they don't monitor my system as well, and to be honest, I'm actually thinking about switching to another company.

Maurice Jennings

July 25th, 2017 Hartford, CT

There haven't been more burglaries since we got LifesShield. It's given my sister and myself more security. I just wish they gave me some of the old stuff we got when I first got the system. It's been a great experience using their service.

Jamie Hoxie

July 25th, 2017 Taunton, MA

They should do a better job monitoring the alarm. So far, it's been a negative experience.

Carol Howe

July 25th, 2017 Maricopa, AZ

I've had some problems with the systems from day one. The thing would go offline numerous times, so that's some real trouble. I remember one time, where the alarm just kept beeping and beeping as if there was something there, but there wasn't. My phone kept ringing, so I had to take out where it wouldn't alert me. They should make equipment that actually works.

R Quinn

July 6th, 2017

I had lifeshield for about a year. I would estimate my system became mysteriously offline unable to access through their portal about 200 times during that year. I had numerous surveillance, cameras set up and never could get all of them to work at the same time. the pricing in the package goes up if you want to monitor your own home mine went up $!0 for video viewing even though the camera is in the package, i called customer service about the issues with the system being unavailable and my cameras being undetected by the system thay would fix it till the next day when it would happen again then when my home was broken into while the system was unavailable they stole the lifeshield security tablet which is your lifeline to your system without it your whole system is worthless, i finally just stopped paying them, it damaged my credit score but im not paying for a home security system that only works when it wants to,

Leslie Lott

June 30th, 2017 Brownsboro, AL

We were victims of home break-in several years ago in a different home so when we moved in to this house, we knew that we needed this service. I'm very satisfied with the service. When our alarm has set off, they've been very good to contact me. My favorite thing is knowing that, even when I'm not here, I get the alert that the door has been opened, or the alarm has been set. It's exactly what I want it to be.

Richard Nichols

June 30th, 2017 Groveland, FL

It's been really handy. We feel pretty safe with it. The only negative thing we can think of is that my system was an older version, and it didn't have the cellular connection. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible to update. Either way, it's been a good company.

Will Bullock

June 30th, 2017 Gilbert, AZ

I have experienced, personally, some issues with the system. Every now and then, I get a notification from the system, that our home security is disconnected. I essentially have to go and take the whole thing apart, and manually reboot it.

Rene Rodriguez

June 30th, 2017 Beloit, WI

It's just a peace of mind! I just wish they had more camera options; something that's weather proof, so I can put outside.

Barry Feck

June 30th, 2017 Nicholasville, KY

So far, I haven't had any concerns. I sleep better at night! My only suggestion would be that they should make the equipment a little more user friendly.