Blue by ADT Logo

Blue by ADT

5.7

Gail Davis Columbus, OH

To have a security system is to have an extra comfort. The benefit of being notified when stranger activity occurs or there's unauthorized entry, that is great. I'd like to suggest for Life Shield to upgrade their equipment, I feel that it lacks quality.

steelerfan Bel Air, MD

They have been very helpful and responsive when I needed support and when my alarm went off a few times, the police were dispatched immediately.

Anonymous Middletown, IN

Because the distance from the base unit to the furthest door sensor sometimes does not detect the sensor. It is not possible for us to centralize the base to get it closer so there is some restrictions.

Chong Lee San Jose, CA

I've benefited from the timestamp it gives when the doors open and close. I just wish it had a longer battery life, and that it came with more sensors.

David Veilleux North Las Vegas, NV

LifeShield is an outstanding company to deal with. I like the cameras in my home when I'm not here. They've offered a great experience so far.

C.S. Fort Wayne, IN

It's given me a sense of being secure. We haven't had any issues with the system, so I'd say it's been a very positive experience so far.

Richard Braun Harriman, TN

We switched to LifeShield because they had a better deal than our previous company, and it's worked great! It's given us a chance of security.

Tricia Delmundo Auburn, WA

The apps are okay to use, and if something happens at the house, I get notifications via email or text messages. Every now and then the broadband goes out, so I'm not sure if it's our WiFi or the system itself. It just disconnects every now and then, but it also reboots itself.

Carol Howe Maricopa, AZ

I've had some problems with the systems from day one. The thing would go offline numerous times, so that's some real trouble. I remember one time, where the alarm just kept beeping and beeping as if there was something there, but there wasn't. My phone kept ringing, so I had to take out where it wouldn't alert me. They should make equipment that actually works.

Richard Ryland Chattanooga, TN

Life Shield's system provided the security I wanted. Plus, it's easy to install and maintain, so that's why I chose them.

Arthur Gray Maple Heights, OH

Lately, we've been having a problem with their system. It keeps going off, even when we're out of town, so we're not able to reboot our system. We weren't very happy with that. Plus, I think they need to improve on their internet connections, it's not that great.

Nemo Austell, GA

Been a Customer since Life Shield. Service is good Product is good - After several configuration attempts to home WiFi. Tech supports needs to step up, Company needs to invest in their employees in educating them on supporting the products. ( I had to tech The blue product myself ). My issues was with the Doorbell camera - It kept going offline per the Blue app. Actually the device is working and connecting to my Wifi as designed. It is when the device goes into it sleep mode at times it is hard to wake the device up. The app needs adjusting, Doesn't need to show "offline" instead show "Sleep". It seems that my X1 modem from my ISP (Xfinity) has kind of a QoS list (Priority list) after adding all my ADT devices to it, Issue seems to be resolved.

Jeff Jablon

Just got lifeshield didn't do credit check and only paying $20.99 had called ADT first sales guy was a joke wanted the $27.99 service nope 54.99 if you don't have landline lifeshield does more than ADT and at better price also have money back if don't like cant lose

Mary Denewellis Joliet, IL

Purchased Life Shield thru AT&T /DIRECT TV about a year and a half ago. Suddenly yesterday we could no longer connect see the cameras on our TV’s, a feature we used often. Around noon I used it to see who was at the door. At 2 PM it no longer would connect to my router and kept telling me my PW was invalid. Since I could no longer connect to internet, and other devices would not connect also, I called AT&T and they came out first thing today AM. Their installer told me that an update had occured with their equipment and he reset my router. It still will not connect thru my DIRECT TV, the reason being Life Shield is no longer affiliated with ATT. So the TV viewing of my cameras is no longer able to work and If I want that feature I need to buy their Digital Life, their new security company. I am so mad I could scream. They change my system without even notifying me that they are deleting features/dropping the Life Shield company with no option or way to keep the features I was promised. If they can do that, what other features will they just cancel without informing the customer. It would have been nice to know they split. Thanks AT&T and Life Shield, neither company could care less about customer satisfaction.

Eve Guilbault Lexington, KY

@BluebyADT is not user friendly. As soon as we installed it we received error messages. After calling support they informed us we would need to buy all new batteries. That would cost us a lot of money. It is not a very user friendly system. Basically I got it in March and have yet to get it to function properly so I switched to Vivint.

Maria Tabor Portsmouth, VA

LifeShield is very reliable, they're always call when the alarm goes off, it's a great system, I feel safe at night.

Anonymous Broomfield, CO

Technology does not seem to be butting edge and overpriced for being out dated. Many issues with communication between sensors and main hub, regardless of location of hub.

Robert Loudermilk Dallas, GA

This service has added more peace of mind. I don't have to worry as much about my house, and I can use the access app to see if anything is going on.

K.W. Leander, TX

I purchased this service to have a peace of mind. There's not really much to say about it, I just like the ability to remotely check in on the house when I'm away.

William Friesz Clermont, FL

My wife feels more comfortable now, having the alarm system. If she something happens at night, she can call the police now. It's been an average service so far.

Barry Vess Old Fort, NC

My system is supposed to have a dual feature, where it allows you to be hooked up to the internet and to the cellphone, as a back-up. The cellphone option was never hooked up, and the internet goes out frequently.

Rene Rodriguez Beloit, WI

It's just a peace of mind! I just wish they had more camera options; something that's weather proof, so I can put outside.

Juan Mendez Lehigh Acres, FL

It's been an overall, positive experience. I do have to say that, for some reason, the little remote sets off my house alarm.

Michael Cofield Rotonda West, FL

There's not really much to say; they're doing a good job! Now, I can sleep without worrying about a possible break in.

Whitney Moore

This security system is a complete joke. None of my equipment hardly ever works. One of my cameras will not hold a charge at all, and there is a major delay in any alert. I also have a nest doorbell and I will get that notification MINUTES before I ever got an alert from ADT. I could not even get footage of a stalker for a restraining order to use from ADT. Everything was so delayed, I had to use my doorbell footage to get my DVO and finally start to protect myself. Then they wanted to charge me $60 for doing absolutely nothing to ensure my safety! I will never deal with ADT again! And I will make sure anyone in the market I know, knows about my experience. And good luck with the app, I rarely can get logged in and that was before they turned off my mobile access. ADT is just for show at my house, to make people think I have a security system.

Claudia Patrick Cabot, AR

The system never worked. When the alarm is turned on, you can walk in and out of my house, and nothing happens. The alarm doesn't go off, and no one is alerted. I have spent more than 25 hours trying to resolve issues with ADT's technical support and nothing was resolved. I paid the Geek Squad to install the system to make sure it was done properly and they couldn't get it to work effectively. When I had the initial ADT system that they installed in another location, I never had an issue. The ADT Blue system is not worth the money if it doesn't work. I am sure there are environments that support their system.

Robert Sowers Indianapolis, IN

I have ADT now and they suck If I was to tell you all the things that they have bad about them people would know how to get around their system and beat it It may be cheap in the long run but not best bang for your buck by no means having issues among that you press stay in a converts to a way and this has been an ongoing issue for 4 years and I've been asking them off and on through emails to please fix it they have yet to do so I'm looking for a new company that has better cameras and a better response overall

Denise E Cummings Philadelphia, PA

My experience with Life Shield has been great. I'm new to having an alarm system but it is very easy to use once you get the hang of it. It comes with everything you need for self installation, I really enjoy my system.

Dorethea Harrison Rochester, MI

We live in a very safe community, however no place without crime. Having LifeShield gives us an extra sense of security. They've always been very professional and available when we've needed them!

Blue by ADT Logo

Reply from Blue by ADT

Hi Dorethea, So glad you shared this review! Your satisfaction and safety are so important to us. Our goal is to make you feel safe and secure in your home. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 877-464-7437 if you ever have any questions. Enjoy your day and stay safe, Alex, Customer Reviews Manager, LifeShield

Jun. 21st, 2019

Alexandria Lekberg Chesterfield, VA

I enjoyed using this company for 2 years. The unit was top of the line and had a great warranty! It was a little expensive but with a military discount it was better, and free smoke detector batteries for life! I could always count on this company. We stopped using this company when we moved and the new house had a setup with a different company.

H. B Cabot, AR

We decided to purchased a home security system because I wanted to make sure that our home was secure and safe. My only suggestion would be to have a better key-more system.

Anonymous Upper Darby, PA

There are cheaper options that include mobile backup in case the landlines are down. However, customer service is good and I like the mobile app.

W.T. Boonton, NJ

My wife feels much safer with LifeShield in our house. Personally, I'd like to see integration with other smart home features.

James Sharkey Freehold, NJ

Excellent service! I haven't had any break ins, and it's given me a sense of security now.

Michael Domingo Redwood City, CA

Knowing that my home and family is safe gives me a peace of mind. LifeShield has certainly provided a good service.

K.L. Los Angeles, CA

There's nothing I really loved about the system, it just works fine to me. Plus, I have a peace of mind now.

Shae Martin Statesville, NC

The system is economically friendly, user friendly, and very acceptable. It's given me a safer home.

Aubrey Greenville, SC

Love this security company. The customer service is amazing; they've had the best respond time out of all the companies i've used in the past.

Chrystal Chyrai Hesperia, CA

If I could give them -10 stars I absolutely would. If you are looking for Security System PLEASE DO NOT GET BLUE BY ADT. The customer service is terrible and THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE 24 HOURS. The equipment does not work properly, around 12am someone came past both my outdoor cameras and stand right in front of my door where my camera is pointed directly and These Cameras that I am being charged 400$ for never notified me about human activity or took a picture/video of the person and the only reason why i seen them is because my Ring Doorbell Cam detected it and notified me. These Cameras cost 200$ and don’t pick up any human activity or motion and even if you cancel within 30 day period they will still send you through hell to get your money refunded. Please choose a different company to secure your home, Blue by ADT is a complete waste of time and money.

Aly Powell Sandy, UT

The worst of customer service and extremely overpriced. They advertise one low price then show up and install a $3000 system. Extremely sexist customer service. When my husband called to cancel they told him “no worries, but have your wife call in since she’s on the account” and then had the audacity to say to me “so you don’t want to protect your family?” and refused to let me out of the contract even though I canceled in the 3 day window. Sat on hold for over an hour, 4 phone calls, and multiple representatives later and all of them were extremely rude and unprofessional. Go to simpli safe and get the same package without their slimy businessmen for $400.

D.V.Johnson Omaha, NE

My experience with Lifeshield has been nothing but frustration and disappointment. The monitoring equipment fell off the wall multiple times. The system frequently went off-line. Technical assistance was not knowledgeable at troubleshooting this cut-rate equipment. Customer service was NOT helpful when issues arose whether related to equipment or the account. We gave up trying to troubleshoot the problems about 2 years into the contract. Ending the contract was not easy either. They want their crappy equipment back. Why I don’t know because it doesn’t work. Be careful. Better yet choose another company. Anyone you choose will undoubtedly be better than Lifeshield!

R Quinn

I had lifeshield for about a year. I would estimate my system became mysteriously offline unable to access through their portal about 200 times during that year. I had numerous surveillance, cameras set up and never could get all of them to work at the same time. the pricing in the package goes up if you want to monitor your own home mine went up $!0 for video viewing even though the camera is in the package, i called customer service about the issues with the system being unavailable and my cameras being undetected by the system thay would fix it till the next day when it would happen again then when my home was broken into while the system was unavailable they stole the lifeshield security tablet which is your lifeline to your system without it your whole system is worthless, i finally just stopped paying them, it damaged my credit score but im not paying for a home security system that only works when it wants to,

Faith Michels Herrin, IL

Better off buying fake cameras and signs since the system never works. Good luck cancelling because they lock you in a contract as well.

Anonymous Cary, NC

Website painfully slow. Products are just okay. My camera frequently stops working and I have to reset it. Cost seems high for the little I actually receive.

R.M. El Cajon, CA

The service has been okay, but sometimes the system breaks up. There's some sort of broadband outage.

Sarah Regan McKinney, TX

We've felt protected with LifeShield. I just don't think it's as cheap as other companies that are out there.

Jeff Robbins Yoakum, TX

Support is ridiculous, never had a call on their system in 3 years. Still charged me another month after cancelling, wont get a final bill for 7 weeks. The lady in the cancellation dept. is nice but the policy is built to screw the customer (they are going to suck every dollar out of you). It took me 5 phone calls to be able to cancel. comparable...bleu or ADT is way too high . If you enjoy the personability of doing business with a company, don't choose Bleu or ADT! Michael Robbins ACCT NO. ***742247

K&E Dog training Winchester, CA

Please don’t go with this company if I could give negative stars I would. Absolutely a nighmare. I have never been scammed harder in my life. I have had the system for 4 months. The cameras have broken 2 x . They charged me 25$ to come fix it which they didn’t fix but they didn’t forget to charge me. Then they informed me if I wanna cancel it would be over 6,000$ . Also the cameras don’t work if your WiFi is to far or if it goes down . Just please stay away, just get a dog . Much cheaper and less stress full.

Rajesh. Shah Roslyn, NY

Very bad experience. I will never deal. Salespeople call promise lot. Technician comes ask money for everything. Too much sales pressure. After installation they make you sign so fast . DocuSign. You don’t have chance to read. After 3 days you done. They don’t tell you that you have 3 days to cancel. Big penalties if you do. New installed alarm 2 times false alarm. Bad cheap equipment. They want big money for cheap installation. Never use ADT.at night alarm will go on. False alarm.

Viviana Patricia Cortes Elkridge, MD

this is the worst security system don't buy them they only took money from my bank account in three moths they take $834.00 I call them and I do not have any response they just send me to collections for a amount of $1600.00 because they argument the I stop making my payments but how I can pay if I was waiting to get my refund of $834.00 please do not get this system. Now I am in collections with this big amount because they said I was broke my contract