ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and climate control. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks
  • Smart lights
  • Smart thermostat
  • Remote garage door
  • Video doorbell camera
  • Smart switches & plugs

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT-Monitored Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

Matt M. Fernando
January 22nd, 2018 Irvine, CA DETAILS

Marvelous service, I was really impressed by their response time when I called. No waiting, straight to a real human. Their system is flawless so far and I am very happy I had it installed when I did. It is so nice to feel safe in my own home

Kate
January 19th, 2018 Arkansas City, AR DETAILS

5 stars all around, nothing compares to ADT. I called CS to confirm my delivery date and they were nothing but kind to me, some really great folks make sure you're taken care of.

Jean Hamilton
January 19th, 2018 Lakewood, OH DETAILS

Excellent warranty, and a strong security system to boot, I'm very safe now in my house. There's not much else to ask for!

Matt Cohen
January 16th, 2018 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

other services make it so easy to buy and install sunsource and set up the system just how I want it. I gladly paid a $500 early termination fee to get away from ADT. By the way, more modern services don't lock you into long-term contracts with their termination fees at all.

Garrett Roberts
January 15th, 2018 Harpers Ferry, WV

The monitoring service is great! Can’t say the same for customer service but that’s expected from every company. I remember when my grandmother’s Safewatch Pro 3000 worked perfectly during a real fire emergency. I ended up getting the Safewatch after it was replaced with a TSSC (strange panel) but lost it a few days later due to ADT’s “we’re not supposed to leave the old system”. They ended up giving me another Safewatch with an extra siren and keypad plus two enclosures. I really wish they didn’t care about leaving the old system because what are they gonna do with it. I was told by a tech that there either thrown out or recycled. The Safewatch I have now is installed in my house and still isn’t finished yet but still works when we need it.

Frank cassles
January 15th, 2018 Springfield, VA DETAILS

great company with really fair costs and a great system to boot. I would tell all my friends and family to sign up like I did

Emily
January 15th, 2018 Pinson, AL DETAILS

I signed up with ADT in 2016. Turns out, it was Defenders Protect Your Home that held the contract for 13 months. We tried moving & when our buyer’s financing fell through 2 days before closing, we already had our equipment taken down for the move. We continued to try and sell our home, but we were receiving phone calls everyday with threats of sending us to collections. We ended up having them come and and reinstall the equipment to avoid anything going to collections. We successfully closed on that house almost a year later. I had called and told them that my buyer wanted to keep the equipment and asked if I should agree and leave it or have it taken down to come with us to our new house. I was assured that if I left it, then we would receive all new eqipment free of charge for a “movers special”. I left it. When the tech came to our new house he told us it would be over $500 or we’d have to cancel the contract and pay over $700! ADT says they cannot help me since my contract is with Defenders and Defenders wants to trap us in another contract that would start over or pay the contract off. Oh yeah, and now I’m getting phone calls everyday saying I owe money for the monitoring service at my previous house. I get phone calls from ADT when their smoke alarm goes off. ADT should have a fail safe ability to help a customer out when their “authorized dealer” is treating their customers wrongly. I would not do business with either company.

Garey Mann
January 15th, 2018 Kenner, LA DETAILS

ADT customer for seventeen years and in the last two years have become dissatisfied with the service. On two separate occasions have had representative come to our home to assess our system for upgrades only to never have a follow up sales representative return. In the process of researching other home security monitoring companies.

Marty West
January 12th, 2018 Waldorf, MD DETAILS

Haven't had one single issue yet after 8 months. I wanted to share my thoughts because I've had such a great experience so far with ADT. Their setup is stellar, so much better than any competition I was looking at because A) they are reasonably priced and B) it has a very secure brand image. They are the best in the business for a good reason, I have no doubt I will be secure for a long time to come

Taylor
January 12th, 2018 DETAILS

When I looked online to get a system, ADT was consistently ranked in the top 3 everywhere I looked. And now I feel safer at home. Their system is incredibly flawless and I get updates on my phone whereever I am. I never had to call customer service because since the beginning it keeps chugging along without a second thought. I love this system and wouldn't trade it for any other.

Nathan
January 12th, 2018 Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Excellent company with high standards! ADT is the name you recognize for a good reason. I got their system last month and its been up every since, even customer support was suprisingly friendly. I have nothing but good thoughts regarding ADT, you can end youre search here.

Vicky Scroggins
January 12th, 2018 DETAILS

intelligient security to protect me every day of the week! I could not ask for more. It feels very reliable all around, plus I got a really great rate which they offer all the time.

Vivek
January 10th, 2018 Allen, TX DETAILS

Overall experience is sub-par. Definitely would neither renew nor recommend. Pricing is high and they keep raising rates even within the fixed contract period by at least 5% year on year (yes it is in the fine print).

Jacob Barron
January 8th, 2018 Pensacola, FL DETAILS

Do not sign up with ADT they are dishonest and cheats. I have had ADT now for 3 months and my experience has been nothing but terrible. There 6 month cancellation policy requires you to have a problem that a technician is unable to fix for three times before you can cancel. I have had a technician forge my signature on paper work. No joke my Securty company signing paper work that requires my signature. You will get more bang for your buck from another company ADT are lire’s and I am ashamed that they are my Securty company. I really am. Also when the system was installed the tech did not know how the stuff worked and was unable to show my family how to use it.

Anne M Landefeld
January 8th, 2018 Lancaster, PA DETAILS

I had the service installed by a third party installer which I was unaware the install was not by the actual ADT technician. The inquiry for service was directly to ADT. I was given false information about the install. I was told the existing ADT service in the home I bought could be used but when the third party installer arrived, he indicated it was outdated and couldn't be functional. I was then given a sales pitch of having the install done at $99.00 with free window and door sensors plus an upgraded keypad and the $100.00 VISA gift card. The monthly monitor fee was to be $29.99. I was then informed the costs might vary a bit due to the number of windows and doors plus the glass breakage monitoring. The costs actually became $1999.00. Of course, this was payable in three installments. I was appalled. I didn't agree to that amount prior to the install. The technician was adamant I signed the order via the tablet he possessed. I hadn't signed anything. After discussing the issue with his manager the price was reduced to $999.00. I wanted to know what exactly this would provide for service. I was told the fantastic opportunity I had since this would be service via cell towers rather than hard wired into a landline. This also prevented damage to the walls, doors, and windows. I am not tech comfortable. My son-in-law listened to the spiel. So now I have pulse. I have had the system for about a year when I discovered it failed more than it worked. I didn't realize the damages to my home were not being captured. In fairness to ADT, the customer support authorized three cameras to be installed for capturing outdoor movement. I thought all would be great. Well unfortunately it isn't. The cameras are motion activated. While the motion kicks the picture it still takes over 15 minutes to reactivate. Within that 15 minutes a lot can happen and has caused theft and damages to my home. I couldn't understand why the cameras appeared to be functioning but yet it didn't capture daily activities. I had the technicians here enough to replace, check out the parameters, meter the timing, and more. To this day and this is about one and half years later, these three cameras have hours of lapsed motion detecting time. The last technician here told be the ATT cell towers are the problem. The ATT cell towers are down often in this area. During these downtimes my home has been damaged by a whacko neighbor but the cameras didn't capture the activity so the township police will not prosecute based on a non-proof complaint. The destruction was observed by other neighbors but they don't want to get involved due to the whacko neighbor had caused their homes troubles in the past. Numerous times I have asked ADT how could this happen? I have been told so many versions of the problem that I would take hours to explain here. The basic fact is the motion detector cameras are a waste. The elements of the time pause and the cell tower interference leaves hours of open time without coverage. The ADT customer service reps need consistent training or they should be smart enough to not say anything at all and transfer you to the senior technical reps for clarification regarding equipment and of course the activities and interactions of the equipment. The wrong information creates poor customer service and compounds not reaching the facts that ADT doesn't have complete coverage for your security. Upsales appear to be the business plan though if the coverage isn't providing you with what you thought you bought. Now the solution offered is for the install of the DVR 24 hour camera system so there would be zero gaps of time and then zero lapsed picture of outdoor activity. This is to the tune of another $900.00. Well unbeknown to me, I am locked into the travesty of inadequate security for another year and half. At that time, I am no longer staying with ADT. In the interim to that date, I do not alarm the system since the system doesn't even acknowledge when the doors or windows are open or the glass shatters. Yes the security system failed to notify me of the broken into the house entry and the theft of multiple items was not recorded. The alarm went off but zero call to me or the local police or even my backup person to authorize contact to the police. So far ADT has cost me a monthly fee of $47.99 for the past two and half years ($1440 approx) house damages total $5800 and the lack of security peacefulness ($$$$$$) and of course the balance of the 3 yr contract which was said to be a 2 yr contract at the time and I never did receive any form to sign or a contract to that effect. I recently tried to end the service thinking the 2 yrs was over but was informed it isn't until summer of 2019. Also I did discover the gaps are at a minimum of six hours a day with the randomness of which camera or all cameras being off. Yes I have detailed this information. Obviously it is during this time when continued issues happen on random weeks. I also discovered I am not the only home with the ADT service and of course I am not the only home having these block out times of no security services. It almost appears insiders are selecting the neighborhood and times when the houses are affected with security breaches too. ADT will not even attempt to fix this issue. I am not rich enough to afford the contract "buy out" so I am stuck with inadequate ADT service until the summer of 2019. I should just hang a sign outside with the ADT logo welcoming the thieves or whacko neighbor... after all that neighbor stole the first set of ADT signs to place outside whacko's doors. No ADT hasn't done anything to correct the false use of the signage there when their service technician was asked to assist. I should have just erected the logo signs and saved a lot of money. Oh but then the thieves and whacko knows the ADT security systems are not secure.

David
January 8th, 2018 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS

TERRIBLE!! They came to my house and were here for 3 hours. We were going to switch to ADT from our other security company because we heard they were better. So they send this guy into our house and he takes down the 2 main control panels and disconnects them. After the 3 hour period, the ADT technician tells me they can't install because they have to put another control panel in the basement . I asked him why he did not inform me of this before he started and he said he apologized. He then told me he was going to run out to his car and get something. After about 10 minutes, we noticed that the tech left! Gone!! Never said goodbye and now we have no security system for 2 weeks now because again he disabled the other one. I have made several calls to the company and as of today nothing has been done locally. Would NEVER recommend this company. They also go under the name Defender.

Mona
January 8th, 2018 Stamford, CT DETAILS

TERRIBLE service!!! What a scam. Alarm keeps going off. We keeps getting fined from the city and ADT promised to reimbursed but they keep giving us the run around. They can't figure out the problem. Bad technicians. Bad service. Bad products. Nothing works.

ron
January 8th, 2018 South Bend, IN DETAILS

I been with company since 2011. Over the years ADT has raised my rates several times while under a contract with them. They just raised it again.. almost 60,00 a month

R. Wagner
January 4th, 2018 Northridge, CA DETAILS

Be aware of ADT's subcontracted local distributor / installer. This just happened to me yesterday. The particular company's name is *Defender*. I specifically told the installer prior to installing anything in my home that if I do not have a digital connection in my current system (in lieu of a landline), that I didn't want to have to pay the $49/mo. I have an existing 'wired' alarm system but had cancelled the monitoring service from another company. It was to be a 'take over' install. Meaning they use my existing system. I made this clear to their installer and the conversation was even recorded on a video on my camera. I was supposed to receive a total of $1,200.00 for them not having to install everything. I would then have an option to make select add-ons equaling to no more than the $1,200.00 credit. The installer was suppose to first check if I have a digital connection before he installed (and remove my existing keypad) anything. Because if I do, then the monthly charge was for only $27.99/MO. Again, I had specifically told him that if the service warrants me to have to pay $48.00/mo that I do not want it at all. He said he understands. After a while, he then started working, removing and installing things in the house. Assuming he understood and got to work based on the specific statement I made to him, I waited until he was done. When finished, we started signing some paperwork, but not the contract. He never once told me as to whether or not I had digital system in my house. All he said was everything was fine. Tells me in 2-3 hours I should receive a contract through email. I did. Except the contract shows levying me with that $48.00/MO service charge and the signature in all the contract documents was hand written by the same installer. Technically forged all the signatures and initials. When I called to complain, their manager Mariah told me I cancel within the 3 days with the understanding that they'll come and uninstall and retrieve their equipment but they are not liable or obligated of re-installing my old system to its original working condition, Basically, I am screwed. Be aware if ADT's installer/local distributor you are dealing with is called *Defender*. They will hustle and screw you,. Get your home security from another company/source.

Victor Quinn
January 4th, 2018 Hopkins, MN DETAILS

I have elderly parents so I got them an ADT system so they would feel safe and secure at home alone. The monitoring center responded very quickly during a test call and again when the alarm went off because of low battery. Also, the fact that my folks are able to use it without being confused by the technology is fantastic.

Joe Hardy
January 4th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

Our family has been an ADT customer for many years. We upgraded the equipment last year and have never had any major issues. Customer service has always been knowledgeable and nice.

Emily
January 4th, 2018 DETAILS

ADT came to my house for installation the day after I called them to sign. Install plus testing time was about 3 hours and they did a great job cleanly installing the motion detectors. I control everything from my phone and haven't had any problems with the system.

don
January 4th, 2018 West Hills, CA DETAILS

BEWARE OF ADT. The advertisement, the slogan, the recording of feel safe, "always be there for you", etc. is not true at all. I noticed that most of the reviews refer to either how happy or disappointed the person was on the installation. The real test is not in the installation but on the event of being broken in. I was broken in and immediately I called ADT as one of the parties I needed to call. I asked if they saw anything in the camera. They said no. Then I proceeded to call other people I needed to call. Letting it pass for a few days, I called again and ask them that I could not see anything from the my phone on what the camera should be seeing. After troubleshooting it over the phone, they concluded that my gateway which is their equipment, is not working. I asked for how long, they didn't know. How can you trust someone to monitor your house if they can't even monitor their equipment that monitors your house. I felt a breached of agreement that is used to monitor your house. I have been paying to feel safe only to find out that their equipment has not been working. I have to wait for one week before they can fix it. When they were scheduled to come to my house, they emailed 3 hours within the window of when they were going to come that they were on their way. I did not see the email until an hour after. Seriously, for a security company who promised to always be there, email is used to notify someone that they are on their way. The seems very antiquated. Then they claimed they called but no one answered. There was no record on my phone that they called. Seriously they can't leave a message if this was important. Guess what, the next available date is 2 weeks from now. I was already broken in, I waited 1 week, I missed the appointment because they notified me through email then I have to wait for another 2 weeks. This is a breached of contract. All they offer is they will refund me my monthly payment. What was broken and stolen was more than the monthly payment. In my opinion, shop for others. Stay away from ADT.

Kate
January 3rd, 2018 Bloomfield, NJ DETAILS

My experience with ADT has always been good. The products work as advertised and customer support is helpful when I need them to help me or answer any questions.

sarah jillian
January 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

We chose ADT because of the recognizability and also they had a great promotion with lots of free equipment. Installation was immediate and unintrusive in my home. We are pleased so far.

Will B.
January 2nd, 2018 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

I’ve been an ADT customer for almost 21 years without complaint. The equipment and their services to date, have been reliable and consistent. Also, I absolutely love the Pulse features. Keep it up ADT

Janusz Jankowski
January 2nd, 2018 Cape Coral, FL DETAILS

what they say when promoting theirs services is not what outcome is . Bed service .Got stuck with contract for 3 years. Will not recommend to no one .

Brian Cern
December 27th, 2017 Boston, VA DETAILS

I am a little hard of hearing but the salesperson on the phone was very patient and understanding of my situation. Thank you for being professionals. I have already given a positive refrence to a friend looking for home security

Mike jeffries
December 27th, 2017 Seattle, WA DETAILS

I feel like ADT is more intimidating than the competition. Maybe it's a little extra money but you get what you pay for.

MM
December 27th, 2017 Hialeah, FL DETAILS

I have had ADT for over 10 years. Have never had an issue. Customer service has always been helpful. Upgraded to ADT pulse a little over a year ago and love it. You can check on the house while you are away from home. For me, the peace of mind the ADT security system offers is priceless.

Donna Carmon
December 27th, 2017 Tuttle, OK DETAILS

I would have given the no stars if I could. I paid for the install, then paid monthly fee. When I said I had to move and couldn't move the service, they held me to the 3 year contract which is a ridiculous time period since I paid for the equipment. They say I owe 75% of the remaining months on the contract even though I can't transfer the service. They also insisted on auto pay and they take their money at billing, not at due date which gives them interest free use of my money for 3 weeks. The two times the alarms went off, they took their time responding. Screwing customers with service contracts instead of providing a service for fair pay is the American way now. Using the philosophy of the old time loan sharks except their lawyers have made it legal. I'm going to pay the cancellation fee and hope enough people wise up to put them out of business. If you have to have security service, please go with someone else (hopefully with a shorter service contract term and free install)

Ed Lusky
December 27th, 2017 Coatesville, PA

This is not about the actual security service. It's the means & methods how ADT sold and installed the system. I first seen the promotional ad for ADT stating starting at $27.99/month, with an additional $100 install fee. The monthly price is almost half of what I was paying monthly and wanted to reduce the amount. I called ADT and the sales agent was very fast talker. One thing stood out that he repeated saying that I would be getting $800 worth of security equipment for free. He repeated this about 4 or 5 times, which I thought was odd. Next day ADT installer showed up and asked me several questions about my current service. He began to dismantle the existing system before asking my any questions. He then told me that he needs to "evaluate" the house to set up the best system for my needs. He went over the system and then asked me it would cost an additional $1200! I was "shocked"! This was the first attempt to take advantage of me. I then told him that I didn't have that kind of money . He then started to pick certain items and I told him that I preferred the basic system for which I was paying $27.99/month. He finished the system and said I was good to go and left. Later I checked my email and reviewed the pdf files ADT sent me. Again I was shocked to find out that I wasn't paying the $27.99/month but $52.99/month! I promptly called ADT and asked them what the 53/month was. They told me I "AGREED"AND "SIGNED" all the paper work, WHICH I DID NOT SIGN ANYTHING! The person told me that I signed the installers iPad and I told them again I did not sign anything. On the documents that they sent me was electronic signatures, which again I was unable to look at until the installer left. This is FRAUD! So the ADT person on the phone told me I requested an "upgrade" for Cellular connection of the security system. I told them I NEVER requested this. So then they told me that the $27.99/month was strictly for a telephone (landline) connection rather than Cellular. I told them this is want my preference was. They then informed me that another installer needs to come to my house and change the service to the telephone line. Extremely Unhappy with this experience. They tried to rip-me off on 2 occurrences!

Ryan
December 21st, 2017 Fredericksburg, VA DETAILS

Absolutely GARBAGE! Unbenownst to us until the day of installation, they use a 3rd party company called "Defender home protect". They blatantly lied to us about the compatibility of our brand new hard wired system, so they could sell us $900 Worth of unnecessary equipment (that was extremely outdated) and unsightly sensors to put on top of our brand new working sensors. Fast forward to a couple months later, none of the sensors in our 13 zones work except the front door. After 4+ hours of being transferred back and forth between ADT and Defender, we were told they could correctly install a system using our hard wired system as long as we could get out of our contract that defender had. After finally reaching the correct person for cancellation the only solution we were offered was a whole lot of attitude (as if we ripped them off) and an appointment for them to replace the old outdated sensors while our brand new state of the art (ADT compatible) sensors remain unused. ADT needs to get it together reconsider who they subcontract business to.

Elizabeth Schneider
December 21st, 2017 Mont Clare, PA DETAILS

ADT installed our home monitoring system which we had for approximately 4 years. We cancelled our service over the phone (which was allegedly monitored) and it was never cancelled. We wrote letters, spoke to corporate and still months went by without being able to cancel, even taking names of those we spoke to. The only option was to not pay bill, be sent to collections. In finding reviews we found others having the same difficulty with cancelling services.

Chris
December 19th, 2017 DETAILS

Awful customer service, constantly lied too and very rude. Avoid at all cost.

NJ
December 18th, 2017 Houston, TX DETAILS

Did not sign with them, they bought the contract from another firm without our okay. Immediately raised our rates, and claimed we now had a 2-year contract with them, and would have to pay $160 to cancel it. They were listening to our home 24-hours/day and triggered false alarms to the police 2 different times, which cost us an additional $120 dollars. Pulled all the wires myself to stop the intrusion, and cancel a service we never agreed to. They are listening to you and all your personal conversations!!!

R Fahey
December 18th, 2017 Camden, DE DETAILS

Death of my spouse sale of my house move to a friend’s home transfer equipment to relative 5-6 long phone calls to resolve over billing and slow refunds. Am I happy? Not one bit!

Al Kirk
December 13th, 2017 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

I got a lot of equipment for free when signing up --- all from the best in the home security market. 5 stars!

janice burtsev
December 13th, 2017 Barnegat Light, NJ DETAILS

i have not had anything go wrong yet so far!!! i am happy with the service and now i have one less worry

Terry
December 13th, 2017 DETAILS

I highly recommend ADT. My house is now wired to the gills with state of the art cameras and sensors and I love checking it on my phone when I'm away :)

jackie giri
December 13th, 2017 Elk Grove Village, IL DETAILS

bad customer service installed by 3rd party, not ADT, done improperly ended up having to buy new equipment they don't know what kind of equipment I have, so they can't tell me how to take out batteries to get it to turn off at 2 am when alarm goes off because "Equipment" thinks the basement is flooding, when it's dry takes forever during an emergency to get a live person they charge for everything... coming out to check the equipment, to change a battery, everything....

Rebecca Kennedy
December 12th, 2017 Tijeras, NM DETAILS

We used ADT for 10+ years. I had no complaints about the monitoring. However, in my opinion, the $99 upfront cost is misleading. It includes very little and by the time you have what you actually need, the cost is hundreds. As our system aged, it began to have random failures, including going off for no apparent reason in the middle of the night. I finally quit setting it when my husband was out of town. The idea of it shrieking "Intruder Alert" at 2:00 am was more frightening than the potential for an actual intruder. When we looked into replacing it with newer equipment, the cost was well over $1500.00 with no consideration for our years as a customer.

horace qui
December 11th, 2017 Campbell, CA DETAILS

My experience has been very positive! I only had one problem so far-- the motion detector stopped working shortly after installation, but customer service was supre helpful and now everything is working as it should be.

Tamara
December 11th, 2017 DETAILS

ADT contracts with companies that subcontracts to installers who really have minimal knowledge about their systems. Hence why mine was installed incorrectly with extra equiptment that was not needed. When an ADT employee came out to fix, he uninstalled everything and used my already existing system, leaving holes in my newly renovated and freshly painted walls and doors from the previous installation. Also, we were told one price based on "necessary" equipment but when that equipment was no longer needed, they refused to refund. Let's not forget that I set that alarm off several times to test their response time -- not one phone call to find out if I was secure and safe. Not one! Even after the alarm was supposedly working correctly. Additionally, the "6-month guarantee" is not real. A manager insisted on coming out to "make things right." Though he never showed up or called. I called him and he added two other days where he would be available, yet I'd already changed my schedule for that day. Overall, ADT's culture seems to be one of dishonesty and deceit. Though I did not choose to have them installed at this commercial property, my tenant did, I will continue to happily pay EMC Security at home -- no contract. And when my tenant moves out, they can go about their way with this terrible company who does not have to earn your business because they rope you into a contract and treat you like crap afterwards. We also learned from the ADT tech that came out to repair the initial installers work that contractors make more money when they install new equipment verses when they come in and activate an already wired system. THIS is why duplicate system parts were installed. Literally, he installed an ADT motion sensor right next to my wired sensor.

Jimmy Young
December 11th, 2017 DETAILS

Dealt with ADT twice recently and both times left me shocked at their approach to business and a customer of 25 years. First time wanted a quote for a cctv system. £2.5k over 3 years. For 4 cameras and a recorder plus maintenance. Fitted 6 cameras myself good quality system £600. ADT quoted £99 to load an app onto each phone/tablet and connect to system via web. This took me 5 mins per unit. Second time left me speechless. Got an engineer in to move a sensor 18in literally 3 screws and extend a cable. Bill came to £180. Bad me so didn't askvgor cost up front and when challenged was told that's not our policy unless you ask! Now looking for new install and contract with other company who value their customers

Greg wilson
December 11th, 2017 Kansas City, KS DETAILS

Heard about a burglary in my neighborhood. Made me realize I'd rather be safe than sorry. Had the system for almost a year now. Thank you for protecting me!

Nate
December 8th, 2017 Boydton, VA DETAILS

Cost is not a big issue for me..... I need to know everything is setup and done right and working. I trust ADT with this process.

Franklin Derren
December 8th, 2017 Palo Alto, CA DETAILS

I just moved to a new neighborhood, and I got a home security offer in a mailer welcome packet. I never had a system before, but it's a good deal and I'm willing to give it a try in exchange for feeling safer when I'm home or leave the house to travel for business.

Hannah
December 8th, 2017 Coppell, TX DETAILS

I seriously considered several different companies, but ADT's experience and track record in the industry is what ultimately swayed me. Happy customer so far.

Jake Harris
December 8th, 2017 Boydton, VA DETAILS

I'm sure every company offers competitive equipment. However, my purchasing decision was based upon what I think are the 2 most important qualities to look for in a home security system: 1) Monitoring and 2) Perceived effectiveness and/or protection level. In my mind, ADT wins by a landslide in both categories. The yard signage alone is a difference-maker. Burglars must be hugely deterred even just by an ADT sign in the yard.