ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Cove chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • ADT Medical Alert Device
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee
  • Landline and Cellular Monitoring
  • Advanced ADT Cameras

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and controlling your home thermostat. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device. You can opt to receive emails and text alerts with security updates, and you can also manage all Z-Wave smart devices from the app.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks — lock and unlock your door remotely, allowing you to let someone in even if you're not home or simply double checking the door is locked at anytime.
  • Smart lights — control your lights remotely and even set timers for when you would like them to turn on and off.
  • Smart thermostat — manage your temperature remotely and save energy by having it adjust temperatures based on if you are at home or away.
  • Remote garage door — never worry about forgetting to shut your garage door because you can open and close it remotely.
  • Video doorbell camera — see who is at your door and communicate with them through the two-way speaker.
  • Amazon Alexa — control your home security system with the voice assistant Amazon Alexa.

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

ADT Medical Alert Device

Similar to other home security providers, ADT also offers a medical alert device as part of its offerings. The device features fall detection so if you fall while wearing the device, a signal will be sent to ADT's monitoring center. This gives you protection in the case of a personal emergency.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

Landline and Cellular Monitoring

ADT offers landline as well as cellular connectivity. Although this is slowly becoming the norm, many home security companies still only offer landline connectivity, which can be an inconvenience for consumers who don't have a landline. It's convenient you don't have to worry about that with ADT.

Advanced ADT Cameras

ADT has three high-tech cameras you can choose from: a video doorbell camera, an outdoor camera, and an indoor camera. We'll list information about each below:

Video Doorbell Camera

ADT's video doorbella camera is equipped with motion detection as well as 720p HD video. You can use the camera to see who is at the front door as well as communicate through the two-way speaker. The camera also has night vision and a 180-degree viewing angle of your porch.

Outdoor Camera

ADT's outdoor camera is weatherproof, motion activated, and includes 720p HD video. The camera also has night vision so it has a high-quality video feed even during dark hours. You can watch live video feed from your phone as well as store video clips and get alerts when motion is detected.

Indoor Camera

ADT's indoor camera is similar to the outdoor camera in that it includes 720p HD video quality, night vision, and motion-activated alerts. You can watch live video feed from your indoor camera, but the indoor camera is not weatherproof like the outdoor camera is.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

Troy Hynicka

February 7th, 2018 Pensacola, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT subcontractor practiced bait and switch tactics by not putting contract length on agreement. Then emailed a contract with a 3 year term and said it was the same as the agreement . Now that we are relocating they will not honor the agreement and want the balance of a contract they did not properly represent. Horribly wrong in my book.I will never deal again with ADT nor will I recommend them to anyone.

Greg

February 7th, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

it almost feels tailor made for my home, everything fits together so nicely! installation was quick thank you for that, I am really impressed by the look and feel of their setup

Charlene Malicki

February 6th, 2018 Toledo, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the first phone call, the installation guy, and everyone after....liars. The installation guy was the worst. His name is Dan from Toledo Ohio. He had the chance 3 times to tell me I did not qualify for the promotional offer but he did not. He went right by my comments and kept installing. I thought I was signing proof of installation but it was a 3 year contract double the promotional price. I called on day 4 and they would not let me cancel. 1 day after the 3 day cancellation period. All my bad as I did not read the fine print. Never again and I let everyone know about these people., Social media is good for something like this. I am going to keep coming on Facebook and Twitter. Charlene Malicki

Francis

February 6th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

such a good expierence, I called them with a problem I was having (my fault) and they explained in an easy to understand manner. Very polite and courteous too. I like that they care about keeping a customer happy

Jimmy Davis

February 6th, 2018 Lake Oswego, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They came to my house almost right away and got me set up with a system that is still kicking to this day! Awesome on all counts

Ellie P

February 6th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got an email about a sale they were doing and I'm so glad I acted fast. Great deal for great security

Rick Perez

February 2nd, 2018 Long Island City, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolute worst customer service. I’ve been a customer for over 20 years. Called to upgrade to Pulse. No discount for existing customers, BTW. Then, waited 5 weeks for an appointment to install. Technician showed up without the outdoor cameras, but stayedcto upgrade the panels. He spent 5 1/2 hours in my house to disconnect the old panel, and install a new one. No new wiring was done. Plugged in the modem. It took him that long to do that. The second appt was scheduled a week later between 8-noon. I got a call around 8:35am the morning of the appt saying that the original installer scheduled for my appt was a contractor, and they didn’t “want to send a contractor, but rather have an ADT technician (?) come and do the job.” However, the day before ADT had called to confirm the job. A bunch of excuses and nonsense. I would never recommend ADT. I should have gone with Sentry or Slomins. If I could give them zero stars, I would.

John M.

January 31st, 2018 Yorba Linda, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a nice experience over the last few months with ADT.. I was not very informed but they were happy to fill me in about the latest techno gadgets that we use as security now a days. I got a system for my family and it works.

Kasey

January 31st, 2018 Monterey, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I choose ADT because when I researched they had the best plans available. My husband helped set it up and it was very easy, a lot of the system I can get from my phone! I would recommend ADT to anyone in the same position.

Andrew Whittet

January 30th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was interested in ADT after receiving a "move-in special" email ad. A technician came to my house, installed the equipment, but said he could not answer any billing questions. ADT uses Defender in the Jacksonville area. The price on the paperwork he had did not match the price I had originally been offered. I called, got bounced around, and eventually spoke to a manager who told me I was not eligible for the move-in offer, but she did offer me a discount on my monthly monitoring fee to apologize for the confusion. I was overcharged by ADT/Defender for the last 6 months. I called and emailed dozens of times with no resolution, and often, no reply. Each month, I was told that the issue had been resolved and my account would be credited for he excess amount, only to be overcharged again on the next bill. ADT reps came to my house twice more with updated contracts with the correct rates, but they never processed them. Not until I called ADT out on Twitter did I finally get any resolution in the form of a new (4th time) contract that was finally processed. I have never been ignored and disrespected more as a customer than with ADT/Defender. I regret ever reaching out to them in the first place.

Jeff Warner

January 30th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with ADT for a very long time, and since I moved into a new home the first thing I did was setup their security. I feel so much better now that my family is safe - and they really are because this system is spectacular! I haven't had a problem since installation and relibility thats one of the only things I care about when it comes to these things.

Jay Owens

January 30th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got this for my Grandparents and our experience has been very good! I like to know that everything is working and that we're all safe at our house. Motition detection is very cool and thats a plus

karen

January 30th, 2018 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

good security with good customer support. You definitely get what you pay for

Natalie D.

January 29th, 2018 Hopkins, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My disability requires me to have the state of the art when it comes to security and accessability - and ADT doesn't fall short! Thanks goodness, I've had an incredible experience with their system and I trust it 100%

Ben

January 29th, 2018 San Francisco, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

5 Stars! Completely exceeded expectatoins. I talked to one of their staff and they were very helpful. I have played around with the system and the more I do the more I like it even better.

yu193a

January 29th, 2018 Lake Stevens, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with ADT since 2006. I have no problem with the Monitored Security Service, and I am ok with it. However, the customer service is the worst I have seen. I just called in today (01/23/2018 around 9:15 AM) to ask about any promotion they might have. First person I talked, nicely transferred me to the second, then the second transferred me to the third, and then the worst thing came in. After ten years with ADT and paying around 53.00 a month, I asked her that ADT has any special promotion for current or loyal customers - her name was Ty and her supervisor was Taylor (that was all she gave out and not thing else when I asked for number, last name ..ect ...) she did not listen what I was asking, and just kept talking unstoping and did not let customer to say anything. Her attitude the way she treated the customer was very rude. I tried to stop her and clarified that I am asking for any promotion that ADT might have. She did not listen, and ignored everything I said, she just kept asking what level of down grade that I want and telling me what to do. She did not care or know what I was calling in about. After 3 minutes waiting to got to her, and 5 minutes to talked to her just as to talk to a deaf person. I exremely disappointed not just her but to ADT as well. What kind of a company to train its employee to serve the customer like that - no caring, no listening, don't care about what the customer need and looking for. Treating the customer like dust. I got on the ADT website to look for a section of customer feedback, but there is none. I am looking for other Monitored Security out there as soon as I found one I will leave this awful customer service, which is the worst I have seen. If you are thinking about ADT, you might want to be ready for worst as you call in.

Heather ward

January 29th, 2018 Byhalia, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I guess it gave me some what of a secure feeling. Except the night someone broke in and ripped the witeless box off the wall. Activating the alarm and I never recieved a call nor did the police show up. Thankfully my family was left un harmed. And the kicker to this all, adt was going to charge me after being a diligent customer for 3 years, to have it reinstalled with new equipment. I let them keep their equipment and disconnected my services! I would never recommend this company!

Clyde

January 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I love this security, honestly we can't believe we went so long without it. They really do a good job from the time you buy throughout the install process and even afterwards we're still treated like how customers should be. Well done!!

Harold LEster

January 25th, 2018 Aurora, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

GREAT! I trust ADT without a doubt in my mind, their service is flawless and I'm always impressed by their warranty they offered.

Robin

January 25th, 2018 Grandview, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m teally pleased with my system. Brandon was great!

Connor Varian

January 25th, 2018 Reddick, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best security system on the market, there's really nothing that compares to the brand name. You get what you pay for!! I learned to not make compromises when it comes to safety and I don't regret it one bit.

abb

January 25th, 2018 Newtown Square, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

the only thing ADT knows is how to over bill you! If you sell your house after paying ADT for many years hundreds of dollars for useless service, don't count on calling their 800# to cancel the service. 6 months after you cancel ADT will still be billing you $35/ month for useless service. Better adopt a guard dog than finance this scam outfit.

James Perry

January 25th, 2018 Rockledge, FL

Tech did a great job keeping me informed during the installation.

Joe Germana

January 24th, 2018 Flemington, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We recently moved do to a job change and we were in a contract with ADT. The transitions time form our old house to our new one was just over 2 month. We were informed that we would have to pay early termination fee's upwards of $800.00 and when we moved into our new home and set up ADT we would be reimbursed. If our move was less then a month we would not have to pay the fee. "Ridicules" Though out our move we were harassed by ADT at least once a week with threats of court and bill collectors even though we told them time and time again as soon as we make settlement on our home we plan to install ADT again. The is two years left on my account and I will not change to someone else, I will change to ANYONE other then ADT. Security systems today are all pretty much the same customer service and cost are the keys. ADT lacks both!

Chris

January 22nd, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service and product seems fine. But now we’re selling the house and will be traveling in a motorhome, so services aren’t needed. I foolishly thought that if you sold the home that would automatically terminate the contract. Wrong! We’ll now be on the hook for $2000 of service that we’re not using. This is legal larceny. Other people have said other companies don’t do this - how is it that this company can justify that this is the right thing to do? I would seriously think twice before going with ADT.

Vivian

January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT has wowed me in every way. 1) their customer service is pretty top notch, they we're nice to me and solved what I needed. 2) great payment plans and 3) very comfortable warranty. Highly recommend, excellent through and through

Olufemi

January 22nd, 2018 Marysville, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer with ADT since 2006, while still under Brinks. Last year we tried to upgrade to a better system and call the customer service. We were offered the new ADT Pulse that included a camera system that records happening all day long. I explained to the person taking the call that I needed something that would record, because a neighbor’s dog had been coming over to my front lawn and relieving itself. The sales representative then put my mind at rest by telling me I had come to the right place. Last October, the upgrade started with five cameras installed (three inside and two outside). I was told that my problems were solved. Two months after the outside cameras were installed, I came home from work and found a pile of “you know what” at the public light, in front of my residence. I immediately went to log onto ADTPulse to view the “recorded” video for the past 24 hours. The video only came in clips so I checked all clip till I had covered the past 24 hours with NO luck! Two days later and another similar (BIG) pile of dog waste was deposited around the same pole to the street night light. I went back to the video clips but nothing was conclusive. I wasn’t too upset because that wasn’t my property (even though it was in front of my house) but on the city’s property. Approximately one week later, as I returned from work, there laid on MY front lawn another (BIG) dog waste! I was sure that this time I would be able to view the video and find out whose dog, or which dog owner was allowing its dog to do this to my property. To cut a long story short, as I would find out later, the video system only records (via motion activation) for 30 seconds and follows with a two minute pause in which nothing else records! So when someone approaches the camera, it starts recording for 30 seconds and stops. Nothing is recorded until two minutes later! And that explained why I never see anything actually happening in front of my house. I called ADT technicians the next day and they told me that is how the system is set up. In other words, tough sh*t! I’m currently screening other companies to see who can offer a system that records around the clock. I strange man recently approached my daughter on my front door step (and a good thing nothing else happened) but all that was recorded was him at my doorsteps and my daughter standing to the side confused as to what the man wanted there! Rated a 2 1/2 star!

Grace Germain

January 22nd, 2018 Murrieta, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We are on easy pay but we keep receiving past due notices every month for the past 3 months. Whenever I call they just say disregard the notice. We had somebody come to check on one of the doors which the panel says is open and we were charged $186 for him to come plus 1 pc of battery. The guy was nice but it's company policy. We have been with ADT for almost 7 years because we thought it was a great company. I guess the new owners just don't care and do not appreciate our business so we're moving on.

Matt M. Fernando

January 22nd, 2018 Irvine, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Marvelous service, I was really impressed by their response time when I called. No waiting, straight to a real human. Their system is flawless so far and I am very happy I had it installed when I did. It is so nice to feel safe in my own home

Kate

January 19th, 2018 Arkansas City, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

5 stars all around, nothing compares to ADT. I called CS to confirm my delivery date and they were nothing but kind to me, some really great folks make sure you're taken care of.

Jean Hamilton

January 19th, 2018 Lakewood, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent warranty, and a strong security system to boot, I'm very safe now in my house. There's not much else to ask for!

Matt Cohen

January 16th, 2018 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

other services make it so easy to buy and install sunsource and set up the system just how I want it. I gladly paid a $500 early termination fee to get away from ADT. By the way, more modern services don't lock you into long-term contracts with their termination fees at all.

Garrett Roberts

January 15th, 2018 Harpers Ferry, WV

The monitoring service is great! Can’t say the same for customer service but that’s expected from every company. I remember when my grandmother’s Safewatch Pro 3000 worked perfectly during a real fire emergency. I ended up getting the Safewatch after it was replaced with a TSSC (strange panel) but lost it a few days later due to ADT’s “we’re not supposed to leave the old system”. They ended up giving me another Safewatch with an extra siren and keypad plus two enclosures. I really wish they didn’t care about leaving the old system because what are they gonna do with it. I was told by a tech that there either thrown out or recycled. The Safewatch I have now is installed in my house and still isn’t finished yet but still works when we need it.

Frank cassles

January 15th, 2018 Springfield, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

great company with really fair costs and a great system to boot. I would tell all my friends and family to sign up like I did

Emily

January 15th, 2018 Pinson, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up with ADT in 2016. Turns out, it was Defenders Protect Your Home that held the contract for 13 months. We tried moving & when our buyer’s financing fell through 2 days before closing, we already had our equipment taken down for the move. We continued to try and sell our home, but we were receiving phone calls everyday with threats of sending us to collections. We ended up having them come and and reinstall the equipment to avoid anything going to collections. We successfully closed on that house almost a year later. I had called and told them that my buyer wanted to keep the equipment and asked if I should agree and leave it or have it taken down to come with us to our new house. I was assured that if I left it, then we would receive all new eqipment free of charge for a “movers special”. I left it. When the tech came to our new house he told us it would be over $500 or we’d have to cancel the contract and pay over $700! ADT says they cannot help me since my contract is with Defenders and Defenders wants to trap us in another contract that would start over or pay the contract off. Oh yeah, and now I’m getting phone calls everyday saying I owe money for the monitoring service at my previous house. I get phone calls from ADT when their smoke alarm goes off. ADT should have a fail safe ability to help a customer out when their “authorized dealer” is treating their customers wrongly. I would not do business with either company.

Garey Mann

January 15th, 2018 Kenner, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT customer for seventeen years and in the last two years have become dissatisfied with the service. On two separate occasions have had representative come to our home to assess our system for upgrades only to never have a follow up sales representative return. In the process of researching other home security monitoring companies.

Marty West

January 12th, 2018 Waldorf, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Haven't had one single issue yet after 8 months. I wanted to share my thoughts because I've had such a great experience so far with ADT. Their setup is stellar, so much better than any competition I was looking at because A) they are reasonably priced and B) it has a very secure brand image. They are the best in the business for a good reason, I have no doubt I will be secure for a long time to come

Taylor

January 12th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I looked online to get a system, ADT was consistently ranked in the top 3 everywhere I looked. And now I feel safer at home. Their system is incredibly flawless and I get updates on my phone whereever I am. I never had to call customer service because since the beginning it keeps chugging along without a second thought. I love this system and wouldn't trade it for any other.

Nathan

January 12th, 2018 Palm Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent company with high standards! ADT is the name you recognize for a good reason. I got their system last month and its been up every since, even customer support was suprisingly friendly. I have nothing but good thoughts regarding ADT, you can end youre search here.

Vicky Scroggins

January 12th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

intelligient security to protect me every day of the week! I could not ask for more. It feels very reliable all around, plus I got a really great rate which they offer all the time.

Vivek

January 10th, 2018 Allen, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall experience is sub-par. Definitely would neither renew nor recommend. Pricing is high and they keep raising rates even within the fixed contract period by at least 5% year on year (yes it is in the fine print).

Jacob Barron

January 8th, 2018 Pensacola, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not sign up with ADT they are dishonest and cheats. I have had ADT now for 3 months and my experience has been nothing but terrible. There 6 month cancellation policy requires you to have a problem that a technician is unable to fix for three times before you can cancel. I have had a technician forge my signature on paper work. No joke my Securty company signing paper work that requires my signature. You will get more bang for your buck from another company ADT are lire’s and I am ashamed that they are my Securty company. I really am. Also when the system was installed the tech did not know how the stuff worked and was unable to show my family how to use it.

Anne M Landefeld

January 8th, 2018 Lancaster, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had the service installed by a third party installer which I was unaware the install was not by the actual ADT technician. The inquiry for service was directly to ADT. I was given false information about the install. I was told the existing ADT service in the home I bought could be used but when the third party installer arrived, he indicated it was outdated and couldn't be functional. I was then given a sales pitch of having the install done at $99.00 with free window and door sensors plus an upgraded keypad and the $100.00 VISA gift card. The monthly monitor fee was to be $29.99. I was then informed the costs might vary a bit due to the number of windows and doors plus the glass breakage monitoring. The costs actually became $1999.00. Of course, this was payable in three installments. I was appalled. I didn't agree to that amount prior to the install. The technician was adamant I signed the order via the tablet he possessed. I hadn't signed anything. After discussing the issue with his manager the price was reduced to $999.00. I wanted to know what exactly this would provide for service. I was told the fantastic opportunity I had since this would be service via cell towers rather than hard wired into a landline. This also prevented damage to the walls, doors, and windows. I am not tech comfortable. My son-in-law listened to the spiel. So now I have pulse. I have had the system for about a year when I discovered it failed more than it worked. I didn't realize the damages to my home were not being captured. In fairness to ADT, the customer support authorized three cameras to be installed for capturing outdoor movement. I thought all would be great. Well unfortunately it isn't. The cameras are motion activated. While the motion kicks the picture it still takes over 15 minutes to reactivate. Within that 15 minutes a lot can happen and has caused theft and damages to my home. I couldn't understand why the cameras appeared to be functioning but yet it didn't capture daily activities. I had the technicians here enough to replace, check out the parameters, meter the timing, and more. To this day and this is about one and half years later, these three cameras have hours of lapsed motion detecting time. The last technician here told be the ATT cell towers are the problem. The ATT cell towers are down often in this area. During these downtimes my home has been damaged by a whacko neighbor but the cameras didn't capture the activity so the township police will not prosecute based on a non-proof complaint. The destruction was observed by other neighbors but they don't want to get involved due to the whacko neighbor had caused their homes troubles in the past. Numerous times I have asked ADT how could this happen? I have been told so many versions of the problem that I would take hours to explain here. The basic fact is the motion detector cameras are a waste. The elements of the time pause and the cell tower interference leaves hours of open time without coverage. The ADT customer service reps need consistent training or they should be smart enough to not say anything at all and transfer you to the senior technical reps for clarification regarding equipment and of course the activities and interactions of the equipment. The wrong information creates poor customer service and compounds not reaching the facts that ADT doesn't have complete coverage for your security. Upsales appear to be the business plan though if the coverage isn't providing you with what you thought you bought. Now the solution offered is for the install of the DVR 24 hour camera system so there would be zero gaps of time and then zero lapsed picture of outdoor activity. This is to the tune of another $900.00. Well unbeknown to me, I am locked into the travesty of inadequate security for another year and half. At that time, I am no longer staying with ADT. In the interim to that date, I do not alarm the system since the system doesn't even acknowledge when the doors or windows are open or the glass shatters. Yes the security system failed to notify me of the broken into the house entry and the theft of multiple items was not recorded. The alarm went off but zero call to me or the local police or even my backup person to authorize contact to the police. So far ADT has cost me a monthly fee of $47.99 for the past two and half years ($1440 approx) house damages total $5800 and the lack of security peacefulness ($$$$$$) and of course the balance of the 3 yr contract which was said to be a 2 yr contract at the time and I never did receive any form to sign or a contract to that effect. I recently tried to end the service thinking the 2 yrs was over but was informed it isn't until summer of 2019. Also I did discover the gaps are at a minimum of six hours a day with the randomness of which camera or all cameras being off. Yes I have detailed this information. Obviously it is during this time when continued issues happen on random weeks. I also discovered I am not the only home with the ADT service and of course I am not the only home having these block out times of no security services. It almost appears insiders are selecting the neighborhood and times when the houses are affected with security breaches too. ADT will not even attempt to fix this issue. I am not rich enough to afford the contract "buy out" so I am stuck with inadequate ADT service until the summer of 2019. I should just hang a sign outside with the ADT logo welcoming the thieves or whacko neighbor... after all that neighbor stole the first set of ADT signs to place outside whacko's doors. No ADT hasn't done anything to correct the false use of the signage there when their service technician was asked to assist. I should have just erected the logo signs and saved a lot of money. Oh but then the thieves and whacko knows the ADT security systems are not secure.

David

January 8th, 2018 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

TERRIBLE!! They came to my house and were here for 3 hours. We were going to switch to ADT from our other security company because we heard they were better. So they send this guy into our house and he takes down the 2 main control panels and disconnects them. After the 3 hour period, the ADT technician tells me they can't install because they have to put another control panel in the basement . I asked him why he did not inform me of this before he started and he said he apologized. He then told me he was going to run out to his car and get something. After about 10 minutes, we noticed that the tech left! Gone!! Never said goodbye and now we have no security system for 2 weeks now because again he disabled the other one. I have made several calls to the company and as of today nothing has been done locally. Would NEVER recommend this company. They also go under the name Defender.

Mona

January 8th, 2018 Stamford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

TERRIBLE service!!! What a scam. Alarm keeps going off. We keeps getting fined from the city and ADT promised to reimbursed but they keep giving us the run around. They can't figure out the problem. Bad technicians. Bad service. Bad products. Nothing works.

ron

January 8th, 2018 South Bend, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I been with company since 2011. Over the years ADT has raised my rates several times while under a contract with them. They just raised it again.. almost 60,00 a month

R. Wagner

January 4th, 2018 Northridge, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Be aware of ADT's subcontracted local distributor / installer. This just happened to me yesterday. The particular company's name is *Defender*. I specifically told the installer prior to installing anything in my home that if I do not have a digital connection in my current system (in lieu of a landline), that I didn't want to have to pay the $49/mo. I have an existing 'wired' alarm system but had cancelled the monitoring service from another company. It was to be a 'take over' install. Meaning they use my existing system. I made this clear to their installer and the conversation was even recorded on a video on my camera. I was supposed to receive a total of $1,200.00 for them not having to install everything. I would then have an option to make select add-ons equaling to no more than the $1,200.00 credit. The installer was suppose to first check if I have a digital connection before he installed (and remove my existing keypad) anything. Because if I do, then the monthly charge was for only $27.99/MO. Again, I had specifically told him that if the service warrants me to have to pay $48.00/mo that I do not want it at all. He said he understands. After a while, he then started working, removing and installing things in the house. Assuming he understood and got to work based on the specific statement I made to him, I waited until he was done. When finished, we started signing some paperwork, but not the contract. He never once told me as to whether or not I had digital system in my house. All he said was everything was fine. Tells me in 2-3 hours I should receive a contract through email. I did. Except the contract shows levying me with that $48.00/MO service charge and the signature in all the contract documents was hand written by the same installer. Technically forged all the signatures and initials. When I called to complain, their manager Mariah told me I cancel within the 3 days with the understanding that they'll come and uninstall and retrieve their equipment but they are not liable or obligated of re-installing my old system to its original working condition, Basically, I am screwed. Be aware if ADT's installer/local distributor you are dealing with is called *Defender*. They will hustle and screw you,. Get your home security from another company/source.

Victor Quinn

January 4th, 2018 Hopkins, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have elderly parents so I got them an ADT system so they would feel safe and secure at home alone. The monitoring center responded very quickly during a test call and again when the alarm went off because of low battery. Also, the fact that my folks are able to use it without being confused by the technology is fantastic.

Joe Hardy

January 4th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our family has been an ADT customer for many years. We upgraded the equipment last year and have never had any major issues. Customer service has always been knowledgeable and nice.

Emily

January 4th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT came to my house for installation the day after I called them to sign. Install plus testing time was about 3 hours and they did a great job cleanly installing the motion detectors. I control everything from my phone and haven't had any problems with the system.