ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Vivint chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • ADT Medical Alert Device
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee
  • Landline and Cellular Monitoring
  • Advanced ADT Cameras

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and controlling your home thermostat. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device. You can opt to receive emails and text alerts with security updates, and you can also manage all Z-Wave smart devices from the app.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks — lock and unlock your door remotely, allowing you to let someone in even if you're not home or simply double checking the door is locked at anytime.
  • Smart lights — control your lights remotely and even set timers for when you would like them to turn on and off.
  • Smart thermostat — manage your temperature remotely and save energy by having it adjust temperatures based on if you are at home or away.
  • Remote garage door — never worry about forgetting to shut your garage door because you can open and close it remotely.
  • Video doorbell camera — see who is at your door and communicate with them through the two-way speaker.
  • Amazon Alexa — control your home security system with the voice assistant Amazon Alexa.

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

ADT Medical Alert Device

Similar to other home security providers, ADT also offers a medical alert device as part of its offerings. The device features fall detection so if you fall while wearing the device, a signal will be sent to ADT's monitoring center. This gives you protection in the case of a personal emergency.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

Landline and Cellular Monitoring

ADT offers landline as well as cellular connectivity. Although this is slowly becoming the norm, many home security companies still only offer landline connectivity, which can be an inconvenience for consumers who don't have a landline. It's convenient you don't have to worry about that with ADT.

Advanced ADT Cameras

ADT has three high-tech cameras you can choose from: a video doorbell camera, an outdoor camera, and an indoor camera. We'll list information about each below:

Video Doorbell Camera

ADT's video doorbella camera is equipped with motion detection as well as 720p HD video. You can use the camera to see who is at the front door as well as communicate through the two-way speaker. The camera also has night vision and a 180-degree viewing angle of your porch.

Outdoor Camera

ADT's outdoor camera is weatherproof, motion activated, and includes 720p HD video. The camera also has night vision so it has a high-quality video feed even during dark hours. You can watch live video feed from your phone as well as store video clips and get alerts when motion is detected.

Indoor Camera

ADT's indoor camera is similar to the outdoor camera in that it includes 720p HD video quality, night vision, and motion-activated alerts. You can watch live video feed from your indoor camera, but the indoor camera is not weatherproof like the outdoor camera is.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

Alicia Smith

February 28th, 2018 Sevierville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had our system for a year. Signed a 3 year. This company is a piece of CRAP! WE GET SO MANY FALSE ALARMS. Every time we leave unless we use the app. One sensor keeps malfunctioning. They've been out a dozen times. This crappy system still doesn't work. Throwing away hard earned money. Finding another company, better system, doorbell camera system, apps to be notified if someone comes, and for LESS! With a buy out program too! I had heard ADT really sucked but wanted to give them a try. ADT your customer service sucks! Calling and leaving a message saying our burglar alarm is going off, then NEVER notifying 911. IF something really happened we would get screwed, due to ADT putting in a crap system and no monitoring! You charge us way too much for nothing!

Judy

February 28th, 2018 Sunset Beach, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a 3 year contract and had to move to be closer to Family.. Even though it was only 40 miles from where I had lived they refused to reinstall the original equipment that was only 1 and a half years old.. They installed the very same model equipment and charged me for the equipment.. And made me sign another 3 year contract or pay them over 700. To buy out the previous one..I’m 69 years old and live on a pension I can’t afford that kind of money for nothing..I would not recommend ADT to anyone especially seniors they are taking advantage of..

Val Anis

February 28th, 2018 Odenton, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The same thing happened to me yesterday, after my refusal of services and installation, they withdrew $ 105 from my credit card (supposedly for installation).a day later the money was refunded and so I do not want to write anything about this company.

Neil Nixon

February 28th, 2018 Wellsburg, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had ADT for almost 4 years. Most of the time it seemed to work well. If we accidentally tripped the alarm we would get a notification on our phones. This all went to crap when we put in a Micro Cell Tower so we could use our cell phones in our house (we live in the middle of nowhere). From that point on we continued to have issues with loss of service. Within 6 months I had at least 25 calls to tech support and a dozen visits by technicians. Literally... each time someone came to my house to do something they assured me my problems had been fixed. I had absolutely no issues with any technicians whether at the house or on the phone. They were all understanding and very polite. But at some point I rather expected this to be fixed. The last straw came when I was first going to cancel the service and a sales associate said he would credit my account for 3 months for my troubles and the next technician to come to my house will fix the problem for sure. Two technicians later our cell phones still wouldn’t sync with the system when we were offsite but, what the heck I thought, I’ll ride out a couple months and see what else happens. Then they billed me the very next month for even more than my normal bill! I honestly don’t mind paying for a quality service when it works but ADT’s problem seems to be, even with all of the technology, no one seems to communicate to each other what is best to be done or what should or shouldn’t work. I was actually told by a tech on the phone that he thought my problem was the microcell but no one else ever thought so. Anyway, we have the castle law in WV, so I have that going for me!

Stephanie Zuleta

February 28th, 2018 San Rafael, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was very pleased with the service and quality. I highly recommend them to anyone else!

Sasha

February 27th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT is the best out there by far. My family and I can sleep well at nights knowing that we are secure with them and not forgetting their awesome customer service. Keep it up guys!

John Smith

February 27th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got this security system after my house was broken into. While trying to learn more about the different options available, the customer service was very friendly and professional. Since the system was installed, my family and I feel much more secure knowing we can monitor the activity at the house whenever we want. Definitely would recommend.

Luan

February 27th, 2018 Troy, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A great company that treats customers with respect and provides quality service, I have nothing to complain about. Simply 5 stars!

Varun

February 27th, 2018 Cleveland, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A friend of mine recommended me to get connected with ADT to get my house secured, Making the call was the only thing I had to do, they arranged everything. Would recommend!

Rose Shaw

February 27th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As 2 young women living in a not-so-safe part of town, we definitely felt that we needed to amp up the security within our residence. We just happened to choose ADT and we were not disappointed! Their customer service is excellent, the prices were extremely convenient for 2 college students, and their professionalism is impressive! This is our first time having a security service for our place, but we have no complaints! We feel safe and happy in our homes knowing that we chose ADT.

Ahmed A.

February 26th, 2018 Post Falls, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT is fantastic! With the rising level of crime in our area we needed home security fast, they offered us a great deal, got it installed fast and my family feels much safer

Luan

February 26th, 2018 Raleigh, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From my own experience, I can say that ADT-Monitored Security is definitely a high quality company, which offers good protection to customers at fair prices. A company of which I speak well without being asked and recommend it to friends and family.

Donna B.

February 23rd, 2018 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently moved to a new place by myself and I was in need of a security monitoring system. I gave ADT a call and their customer service was amazing! I had so many questions and the representative answered all of them. ADT is high quality and affordable. I highly recommend them!

Cartez Harvey

February 23rd, 2018 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel safe with ADT. The customer service was very nice and professional answer all my questions I had.

Lucy

February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Am a customer with the company and I love the products they are very good and of high quality,, they don't disappoint.

Emily owen

February 22nd, 2018 San Francisco, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT has always been very reliable. It has always worked correctly. Honestly I feel safe having it for my home. I appreciate good products!

Agnes

February 22nd, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Since I live alone, I felt I needed a trusted security monitoring system to give me peace of mind. ADT was the best choice for me, not only is it affordable but I can monitor my place on my device anywhere and at any time. Their team is super professional and answers all my needs.

Drain

February 22nd, 2018 Daytona Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was informed about this company by a friend I decided to give them a try they didn't disappoint.thanks

Damian

February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is actually the best .very responsive and they do their work professionally.

Sasha Selvin

February 22nd, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had an amazing experience with Tiffany and her team at ADT. After a few break-ins in the neighborhood, I decided to get an alarm installed. My boyfriend called around and decided to go with ADT. I'm glad we did because we got a great price and they offered an amazing price. The tech Ron was great, he made it seem very easy to use the system.

Dana

February 22nd, 2018 Graham, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had this system for 2 years and absolutely hate it. Please don't waste your money on this system. Also you have to sign a 3 year contract, if you live in Texas and they can go up on your monthly fee. I have had so many false alarms that I don't even use my system.

Katrice Triplett

February 21st, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Because the representative was extremely helpful. The only thing I am kind of frustrated with is the fact of a couple of days after I got the system without the camera they start running an ad for a new system with a camera plus a $100 reward card

John Young

February 21st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The security is fine but i wonder about an upgrade with cameras

Cindy Eaglen

February 21st, 2018 Danville, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the first contact it has nothing but gotten worse. We owned to properties changed to them when we bought the second property.First had system "installed "at home we were moving out of ,to keep it safe. The worst "installer" for any company I have ever had. Two thousand square foot house ,he installed on motion detector, where basically someone could walk in stroll the house and never be seen by it. Which happen 2 years later, company said I am sorry let me send someone out to see what we can do. Person came out, changed location of the 1 motion detector and rehung stick ups because the had fell off within a month of "install". Later that week same "installer showed up at our other property and did his "install" again. Bigger house got 2 motion detectors on it. Had a heck of a time getting the control box set up but finally got it done. The very next afternoon I was in my kitchen when there was awful banging on my back door , opened to be find the fire department "screaming what is the matter". I replied nothing what are you doing here trying to tear my door down. They proceeded to tell me my alarm had went off. I assured them it had never even been set and no one had been near it . I got chewed out by them that I needed to learn how to operate an alarm ) Called the company immediately and they checked it out and determined that the "installer" was at another location and by mistake put in our codes and set our alarm off. Of course got another I am sorry!Long story short, I had this company at both residences for over 5 years, we are selling the house that we had moved to and moving back to the original house. They are try to charge me over $500 for early termination on both houses!! I have talked to numerous people and they tell me that I had signed a second contract, I did not ask them to produce it and I have one contract that they simply changed the date on, they won't produce the second on after I have asked several times. They tried to withdraw the money from my account and I stopped payment. We are senior citizens and I guess they assume we are to old and stupid to fight them. This is a place that needs to have "buyer be ware" on their paperwork!

Jose

February 21st, 2018 Millen, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT They are the best security company compared to others, I installed home security system in my house and I've really been impressed, quick and easy to installed, You definitely get what you pay for.

David

February 21st, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What makes ADT so great is its customizable approach to its do-it-yourself home security packages. It got rid of predesigned equipment packages and instead lets you design your system and choose from multiple contract lengths to fit your needs. We love the transparency and competitive pricing, solid customer service, and customization options.

Mary steep

February 21st, 2018 Nazareth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the best company ever.I was impressed by their kind of services.

Phibian

February 21st, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service is very good they are ready to help and always respond positively to your satisfaction.

Peter

February 21st, 2018 Pescadero, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can't compare this company to any other company.they are the best then others follow.keep up the good work.

Carmaletta Street

February 21st, 2018 Detroit, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service very professional, got the job done fast. I highly recommend

RoSean Gouyd

February 20th, 2018 Sapulpa, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have never written a bad review IN MY LIFE. However, ADT and Defenders bring out the worst in me!! First ADT will not speak with you or help you out if you had Defenders (one of their "authorized installation" companies) do the installation. Secondly, Defenders will give you incentives to sign up but fail to tell you ALL of their contracts are for 3 YEARS!! Even when you explain your a single mom, in a rent house and CANNOT commit to a 3 year contract, the representative will be kind and verbally tell you that the contact can be "modified" to meet my needs. Now 8 months later when I am moving to a different house, and no longer need the service I find out that not only is my contract not modified to meet my needs, it will actually cost me over $900 to cancel service!!! So my choices are to pay for the service to be transferred to my new rental house, and continue to pay monthly to finish out my contract, or pay over $900 up front to cancel my contract, or I could just let it go on my credit despite the fact I'm in the process of repairing my credit in order to purchase a house within a year. I'm so beyond frustrated. I feel like I was taken advantage of and not told the whole truth about the service contract!! Find a different company because this one only cares about MONEY not CUSTOMERS!!

Cameron Farmer

February 20th, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've known a few people who have relied on ADT to do the job right. I was aware of the various packages and deals and had to find one that fit me and my family well. Compared to other companies who seemed better where their contracts were concerned, overall I chose ADT because of the longer commitment and I was pleased with the monthly expense. About $50/month is worth the piece of mind aside from the hassle of professional installation. Normally, I don't write these reviews unless I am way beyond satisfied for what I paid and my family and I feel well taken care of. After one incident that happened two months into the service, ADT was truly on the ball and worth every penny.

Jasmin Wiley

February 20th, 2018 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT installed home security system in my house. I could not be happier . Their rates are reasonable and the customer service is implacable. They walked me through operating the system and answer every question I had in person and over the phone. Professional and a pleasure to work with . I highly recommend them.

Delayen Weeden

February 20th, 2018 Midland, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've really been impressed with using this service since I've had it. The video surveillance part has helped me out alot. Its just amazing to see how technology has advanced over the years. Securing my home has been taking to another level since using this service

Sherma

February 20th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT keeps my family safe especially at nights. They are the best security company out there which you can count on for safety and great customer service.

Corey

February 16th, 2018 Oceanside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love ADT and glad to have purchased from these guys. They helped us get setup after some issues in the neighborhood with dirt bags breaking in. Looking forward to sleeping better at night.

Song Su

February 14th, 2018 Hacienda Heights, CA

We had a coupon saying monthly fee was $27.99. I called and confirm the price. The agent verified my home and asked my cell phone and internet providers and confirmed monthly fee was $27.99. The agent charged my credit card for installtion. When the installer showed up and said the monthly fee was $49.99, not $27.99 because I don’t have home phone line. The installer said the phone agreement did not count!!!

Jake Lucas Harmon

February 14th, 2018 Westlake Village, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

perfect all around, I'm so happy to finally have something that works. I caught a good deal online which makes this more than worth it

Amir roizen

February 12th, 2018 Oakland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've had ADT in the family for years, we recognize it and we see that it's good and reccomend everyone gets it. Their customer service is always in your favor and they get you set up as quickly as you want. A+!

SARA H. Dustin

February 9th, 2018 Hockessin, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've only heard great things about ADT, and all the rumors are frankly true. I have had literally no issues from the time they powered it on to now. With these sorts of things relibility is key and ADT delivers

martin palmer

February 9th, 2018 Centreville, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

by far the best security on the market. Their technology is modern and way ahead of the competition

Charlie Moreno-Mews

February 8th, 2018 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quick and painless install, I'm very happy . We intend to keep this for a long time

Tom Jackson

February 8th, 2018 La Habra, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fantastic!! My kids and I feel so secure which is really important more now than ever. The tech they set up is easy enough to use and understand even for an 8 year old. So happy we wen t with ADT

Troy Hynicka

February 7th, 2018 Pensacola, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT subcontractor practiced bait and switch tactics by not putting contract length on agreement. Then emailed a contract with a 3 year term and said it was the same as the agreement . Now that we are relocating they will not honor the agreement and want the balance of a contract they did not properly represent. Horribly wrong in my book.I will never deal again with ADT nor will I recommend them to anyone.

Greg

February 7th, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

it almost feels tailor made for my home, everything fits together so nicely! installation was quick thank you for that, I am really impressed by the look and feel of their setup

Charlene Malicki

February 6th, 2018 Toledo, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the first phone call, the installation guy, and everyone after....liars. The installation guy was the worst. His name is Dan from Toledo Ohio. He had the chance 3 times to tell me I did not qualify for the promotional offer but he did not. He went right by my comments and kept installing. I thought I was signing proof of installation but it was a 3 year contract double the promotional price. I called on day 4 and they would not let me cancel. 1 day after the 3 day cancellation period. All my bad as I did not read the fine print. Never again and I let everyone know about these people., Social media is good for something like this. I am going to keep coming on Facebook and Twitter. Charlene Malicki

Francis

February 6th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

such a good expierence, I called them with a problem I was having (my fault) and they explained in an easy to understand manner. Very polite and courteous too. I like that they care about keeping a customer happy

Jimmy Davis

February 6th, 2018 Lake Oswego, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They came to my house almost right away and got me set up with a system that is still kicking to this day! Awesome on all counts

Ellie P

February 6th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got an email about a sale they were doing and I'm so glad I acted fast. Great deal for great security

Rick Perez

February 2nd, 2018 Long Island City, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolute worst customer service. I’ve been a customer for over 20 years. Called to upgrade to Pulse. No discount for existing customers, BTW. Then, waited 5 weeks for an appointment to install. Technician showed up without the outdoor cameras, but stayedcto upgrade the panels. He spent 5 1/2 hours in my house to disconnect the old panel, and install a new one. No new wiring was done. Plugged in the modem. It took him that long to do that. The second appt was scheduled a week later between 8-noon. I got a call around 8:35am the morning of the appt saying that the original installer scheduled for my appt was a contractor, and they didn’t “want to send a contractor, but rather have an ADT technician (?) come and do the job.” However, the day before ADT had called to confirm the job. A bunch of excuses and nonsense. I would never recommend ADT. I should have gone with Sentry or Slomins. If I could give them zero stars, I would.