ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and climate control. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks
  • Smart lights
  • Smart thermostat
  • Remote garage door
  • Video doorbell camera
  • Smart switches & plugs

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT-Monitored Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

Dana
February 22nd, 2018 Graham, TX DETAILS

I have had this system for 2 years and absolutely hate it. Please don't waste your money on this system. Also you have to sign a 3 year contract, if you live in Texas and they can go up on your monthly fee. I have had so many false alarms that I don't even use my system.

Katrice Triplett
February 21st, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Because the representative was extremely helpful. The only thing I am kind of frustrated with is the fact of a couple of days after I got the system without the camera they start running an ad for a new system with a camera plus a $100 reward card

John Young
February 21st, 2018 DETAILS

The security is fine but i wonder about an upgrade with cameras

Cindy Eaglen
February 21st, 2018 Danville, IL DETAILS

From the first contact it has nothing but gotten worse. We owned to properties changed to them when we bought the second property.First had system "installed "at home we were moving out of ,to keep it safe. The worst "installer" for any company I have ever had. Two thousand square foot house ,he installed on motion detector, where basically someone could walk in stroll the house and never be seen by it. Which happen 2 years later, company said I am sorry let me send someone out to see what we can do. Person came out, changed location of the 1 motion detector and rehung stick ups because the had fell off within a month of "install". Later that week same "installer showed up at our other property and did his "install" again. Bigger house got 2 motion detectors on it. Had a heck of a time getting the control box set up but finally got it done. The very next afternoon I was in my kitchen when there was awful banging on my back door , opened to be find the fire department "screaming what is the matter". I replied nothing what are you doing here trying to tear my door down. They proceeded to tell me my alarm had went off. I assured them it had never even been set and no one had been near it . I got chewed out by them that I needed to learn how to operate an alarm ) Called the company immediately and they checked it out and determined that the "installer" was at another location and by mistake put in our codes and set our alarm off. Of course got another I am sorry!Long story short, I had this company at both residences for over 5 years, we are selling the house that we had moved to and moving back to the original house. They are try to charge me over $500 for early termination on both houses!! I have talked to numerous people and they tell me that I had signed a second contract, I did not ask them to produce it and I have one contract that they simply changed the date on, they won't produce the second on after I have asked several times. They tried to withdraw the money from my account and I stopped payment. We are senior citizens and I guess they assume we are to old and stupid to fight them. This is a place that needs to have "buyer be ware" on their paperwork!

Jose
February 21st, 2018 Millen, GA DETAILS

ADT They are the best security company compared to others, I installed home security system in my house and I've really been impressed, quick and easy to installed, You definitely get what you pay for.

David
February 21st, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

What makes ADT so great is its customizable approach to its do-it-yourself home security packages. It got rid of predesigned equipment packages and instead lets you design your system and choose from multiple contract lengths to fit your needs. We love the transparency and competitive pricing, solid customer service, and customization options.

Mary steep
February 21st, 2018 Nazareth, TX DETAILS

This is the best company ever.I was impressed by their kind of services.

Phibian
February 21st, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

The customer service is very good they are ready to help and always respond positively to your satisfaction.

Peter
February 21st, 2018 Pescadero, CA DETAILS

I can't compare this company to any other company.they are the best then others follow.keep up the good work.

Carmaletta Street
February 21st, 2018 Detroit, TX DETAILS

Great service very professional, got the job done fast. I highly recommend

RoSean Gouyd
February 20th, 2018 Sapulpa, OK DETAILS

I have never written a bad review IN MY LIFE. However, ADT and Defenders bring out the worst in me!! First ADT will not speak with you or help you out if you had Defenders (one of their "authorized installation" companies) do the installation. Secondly, Defenders will give you incentives to sign up but fail to tell you ALL of their contracts are for 3 YEARS!! Even when you explain your a single mom, in a rent house and CANNOT commit to a 3 year contract, the representative will be kind and verbally tell you that the contact can be "modified" to meet my needs. Now 8 months later when I am moving to a different house, and no longer need the service I find out that not only is my contract not modified to meet my needs, it will actually cost me over $900 to cancel service!!! So my choices are to pay for the service to be transferred to my new rental house, and continue to pay monthly to finish out my contract, or pay over $900 up front to cancel my contract, or I could just let it go on my credit despite the fact I'm in the process of repairing my credit in order to purchase a house within a year. I'm so beyond frustrated. I feel like I was taken advantage of and not told the whole truth about the service contract!! Find a different company because this one only cares about MONEY not CUSTOMERS!!

Cameron Farmer
February 20th, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS

I've known a few people who have relied on ADT to do the job right. I was aware of the various packages and deals and had to find one that fit me and my family well. Compared to other companies who seemed better where their contracts were concerned, overall I chose ADT because of the longer commitment and I was pleased with the monthly expense. About $50/month is worth the piece of mind aside from the hassle of professional installation. Normally, I don't write these reviews unless I am way beyond satisfied for what I paid and my family and I feel well taken care of. After one incident that happened two months into the service, ADT was truly on the ball and worth every penny.

Jasmin Wiley
February 20th, 2018 Seattle, WA DETAILS

ADT installed home security system in my house. I could not be happier . Their rates are reasonable and the customer service is implacable. They walked me through operating the system and answer every question I had in person and over the phone. Professional and a pleasure to work with . I highly recommend them.

Delayen Weeden
February 20th, 2018 Midland, TX DETAILS

I've really been impressed with using this service since I've had it. The video surveillance part has helped me out alot. Its just amazing to see how technology has advanced over the years. Securing my home has been taking to another level since using this service

Sherma
February 20th, 2018 DETAILS

ADT keeps my family safe especially at nights. They are the best security company out there which you can count on for safety and great customer service.

Corey
February 16th, 2018 Oceanside, CA DETAILS

Love ADT and glad to have purchased from these guys. They helped us get setup after some issues in the neighborhood with dirt bags breaking in. Looking forward to sleeping better at night.

Song Su
February 14th, 2018 Hacienda Heights, CA

We had a coupon saying monthly fee was $27.99. I called and confirm the price. The agent verified my home and asked my cell phone and internet providers and confirmed monthly fee was $27.99. The agent charged my credit card for installtion. When the installer showed up and said the monthly fee was $49.99, not $27.99 because I don’t have home phone line. The installer said the phone agreement did not count!!!

Jake Lucas Harmon
February 14th, 2018 Westlake Village, CA DETAILS

perfect all around, I'm so happy to finally have something that works. I caught a good deal online which makes this more than worth it

Amir roizen
February 12th, 2018 Oakland, CA DETAILS

We've had ADT in the family for years, we recognize it and we see that it's good and reccomend everyone gets it. Their customer service is always in your favor and they get you set up as quickly as you want. A+!

SARA H. Dustin
February 9th, 2018 Hockessin, DE DETAILS

I've only heard great things about ADT, and all the rumors are frankly true. I have had literally no issues from the time they powered it on to now. With these sorts of things relibility is key and ADT delivers

martin palmer
February 9th, 2018 Centreville, VA DETAILS

by far the best security on the market. Their technology is modern and way ahead of the competition

Charlie Moreno-Mews
February 8th, 2018 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS

Quick and painless install, I'm very happy . We intend to keep this for a long time

Tom Jackson
February 8th, 2018 La Habra, CA DETAILS

Fantastic!! My kids and I feel so secure which is really important more now than ever. The tech they set up is easy enough to use and understand even for an 8 year old. So happy we wen t with ADT

Troy Hynicka
February 7th, 2018 Pensacola, FL DETAILS

ADT subcontractor practiced bait and switch tactics by not putting contract length on agreement. Then emailed a contract with a 3 year term and said it was the same as the agreement . Now that we are relocating they will not honor the agreement and want the balance of a contract they did not properly represent. Horribly wrong in my book.I will never deal again with ADT nor will I recommend them to anyone.

Greg
February 7th, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS

it almost feels tailor made for my home, everything fits together so nicely! installation was quick thank you for that, I am really impressed by the look and feel of their setup

Charlene Malicki
February 6th, 2018 Toledo, OH DETAILS

From the first phone call, the installation guy, and everyone after....liars. The installation guy was the worst. His name is Dan from Toledo Ohio. He had the chance 3 times to tell me I did not qualify for the promotional offer but he did not. He went right by my comments and kept installing. I thought I was signing proof of installation but it was a 3 year contract double the promotional price. I called on day 4 and they would not let me cancel. 1 day after the 3 day cancellation period. All my bad as I did not read the fine print. Never again and I let everyone know about these people., Social media is good for something like this. I am going to keep coming on Facebook and Twitter. Charlene Malicki

Francis
February 6th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS

such a good expierence, I called them with a problem I was having (my fault) and they explained in an easy to understand manner. Very polite and courteous too. I like that they care about keeping a customer happy

Jimmy Davis
February 6th, 2018 Lake Oswego, OR DETAILS

They came to my house almost right away and got me set up with a system that is still kicking to this day! Awesome on all counts

Ellie P
February 6th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I got an email about a sale they were doing and I'm so glad I acted fast. Great deal for great security

Rick Perez
February 2nd, 2018 Long Island City, NY DETAILS

Absolute worst customer service. I’ve been a customer for over 20 years. Called to upgrade to Pulse. No discount for existing customers, BTW. Then, waited 5 weeks for an appointment to install. Technician showed up without the outdoor cameras, but stayedcto upgrade the panels. He spent 5 1/2 hours in my house to disconnect the old panel, and install a new one. No new wiring was done. Plugged in the modem. It took him that long to do that. The second appt was scheduled a week later between 8-noon. I got a call around 8:35am the morning of the appt saying that the original installer scheduled for my appt was a contractor, and they didn’t “want to send a contractor, but rather have an ADT technician (?) come and do the job.” However, the day before ADT had called to confirm the job. A bunch of excuses and nonsense. I would never recommend ADT. I should have gone with Sentry or Slomins. If I could give them zero stars, I would.

John M.
January 31st, 2018 Yorba Linda, CA DETAILS

I had a nice experience over the last few months with ADT.. I was not very informed but they were happy to fill me in about the latest techno gadgets that we use as security now a days. I got a system for my family and it works.

Kasey
January 31st, 2018 Monterey, CA DETAILS

I choose ADT because when I researched they had the best plans available. My husband helped set it up and it was very easy, a lot of the system I can get from my phone! I would recommend ADT to anyone in the same position.

Andrew Whittet
January 30th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

I was interested in ADT after receiving a "move-in special" email ad. A technician came to my house, installed the equipment, but said he could not answer any billing questions. ADT uses Defender in the Jacksonville area. The price on the paperwork he had did not match the price I had originally been offered. I called, got bounced around, and eventually spoke to a manager who told me I was not eligible for the move-in offer, but she did offer me a discount on my monthly monitoring fee to apologize for the confusion. I was overcharged by ADT/Defender for the last 6 months. I called and emailed dozens of times with no resolution, and often, no reply. Each month, I was told that the issue had been resolved and my account would be credited for he excess amount, only to be overcharged again on the next bill. ADT reps came to my house twice more with updated contracts with the correct rates, but they never processed them. Not until I called ADT out on Twitter did I finally get any resolution in the form of a new (4th time) contract that was finally processed. I have never been ignored and disrespected more as a customer than with ADT/Defender. I regret ever reaching out to them in the first place.

Jeff Warner
January 30th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I have been with ADT for a very long time, and since I moved into a new home the first thing I did was setup their security. I feel so much better now that my family is safe - and they really are because this system is spectacular! I haven't had a problem since installation and relibility thats one of the only things I care about when it comes to these things.

Jay Owens
January 30th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

I got this for my Grandparents and our experience has been very good! I like to know that everything is working and that we're all safe at our house. Motition detection is very cool and thats a plus

karen
January 30th, 2018 Portland, OR DETAILS

good security with good customer support. You definitely get what you pay for

Natalie D.
January 29th, 2018 Hopkins, MN DETAILS

My disability requires me to have the state of the art when it comes to security and accessability - and ADT doesn't fall short! Thanks goodness, I've had an incredible experience with their system and I trust it 100%

Ben
January 29th, 2018 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

5 Stars! Completely exceeded expectatoins. I talked to one of their staff and they were very helpful. I have played around with the system and the more I do the more I like it even better.

yu193
January 29th, 2018 Lake Stevens, WA DETAILS

I have been with ADT since 2006. I have no problem with the Monitored Security Service, and I am ok with it. However, the customer service is the worst I have seen. I just called in today (01/23/2018 around 9:15 AM) to ask about any promotion they might have. First person I talked, nicely transferred me to the second, then the second transferred me to the third, and then the worst thing came in. After ten years with ADT and paying around 53.00 a month, I asked her that ADT has any special promotion for current or loyal customers - her name was Ty and her supervisor was Taylor (that was all she gave out and not thing else when I asked for number, last name ..ect ...) she did not listen what I was asking, and just kept talking unstoping and did not let customer to say anything. Her attitude the way she treated the customer was very rude. I tried to stop her and clarified that I am asking for any promotion that ADT might have. She did not listen, and ignored everything I said, she just kept asking what level of down grade that I want and telling me what to do. She did not care or know what I was calling in about. After 3 minutes waiting to got to her, and 5 minutes to talked to her just as to talk to a deaf person. I exremely disappointed not just her but to ADT as well. What kind of a company to train its employee to serve the customer like that - no caring, no listening, don't care about what the customer need and looking for. Treating the customer like dust. I got on the ADT website to look for a section of customer feedback, but there is none. I am looking for other Monitored Security out there as soon as I found one I will leave this awful customer service, which is the worst I have seen. If you are thinking about ADT, you might want to be ready for worst as you call in.

Heather ward
January 29th, 2018 Byhalia, MS DETAILS

I guess it gave me some what of a secure feeling. Except the night someone broke in and ripped the witeless box off the wall. Activating the alarm and I never recieved a call nor did the police show up. Thankfully my family was left un harmed. And the kicker to this all, adt was going to charge me after being a diligent customer for 3 years, to have it reinstalled with new equipment. I let them keep their equipment and disconnected my services! I would never recommend this company!

Clyde
January 26th, 2018 DETAILS

My wife and I love this security, honestly we can't believe we went so long without it. They really do a good job from the time you buy throughout the install process and even afterwards we're still treated like how customers should be. Well done!!

Harold LEster
January 25th, 2018 Aurora, OR DETAILS

GREAT! I trust ADT without a doubt in my mind, their service is flawless and I'm always impressed by their warranty they offered.

Robin
January 25th, 2018 Grandview, MO DETAILS

I’m teally pleased with my system. Brandon was great!

Connor Varian
January 25th, 2018 Reddick, FL DETAILS

Best security system on the market, there's really nothing that compares to the brand name. You get what you pay for!! I learned to not make compromises when it comes to safety and I don't regret it one bit.

abb
January 25th, 2018 Newtown Square, PA DETAILS

the only thing ADT knows is how to over bill you! If you sell your house after paying ADT for many years hundreds of dollars for useless service, don't count on calling their 800# to cancel the service. 6 months after you cancel ADT will still be billing you $35/ month for useless service. Better adopt a guard dog than finance this scam outfit.

James Perry
January 25th, 2018 Rockledge, FL

Tech did a great job keeping me informed during the installation.

Joe Germana
January 24th, 2018 Flemington, NJ DETAILS

We recently moved do to a job change and we were in a contract with ADT. The transitions time form our old house to our new one was just over 2 month. We were informed that we would have to pay early termination fee's upwards of $800.00 and when we moved into our new home and set up ADT we would be reimbursed. If our move was less then a month we would not have to pay the fee. "Ridicules" Though out our move we were harassed by ADT at least once a week with threats of court and bill collectors even though we told them time and time again as soon as we make settlement on our home we plan to install ADT again. The is two years left on my account and I will not change to someone else, I will change to ANYONE other then ADT. Security systems today are all pretty much the same customer service and cost are the keys. ADT lacks both!

Chris
January 22nd, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

The service and product seems fine. But now we’re selling the house and will be traveling in a motorhome, so services aren’t needed. I foolishly thought that if you sold the home that would automatically terminate the contract. Wrong! We’ll now be on the hook for $2000 of service that we’re not using. This is legal larceny. Other people have said other companies don’t do this - how is it that this company can justify that this is the right thing to do? I would seriously think twice before going with ADT.

Vivian
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

ADT has wowed me in every way. 1) their customer service is pretty top notch, they we're nice to me and solved what I needed. 2) great payment plans and 3) very comfortable warranty. Highly recommend, excellent through and through

Olufemi
January 22nd, 2018 Marysville, WA DETAILS

I have been a customer with ADT since 2006, while still under Brinks. Last year we tried to upgrade to a better system and call the customer service. We were offered the new ADT Pulse that included a camera system that records happening all day long. I explained to the person taking the call that I needed something that would record, because a neighbor’s dog had been coming over to my front lawn and relieving itself. The sales representative then put my mind at rest by telling me I had come to the right place. Last October, the upgrade started with five cameras installed (three inside and two outside). I was told that my problems were solved. Two months after the outside cameras were installed, I came home from work and found a pile of “you know what” at the public light, in front of my residence. I immediately went to log onto ADTPulse to view the “recorded” video for the past 24 hours. The video only came in clips so I checked all clip till I had covered the past 24 hours with NO luck! Two days later and another similar (BIG) pile of dog waste was deposited around the same pole to the street night light. I went back to the video clips but nothing was conclusive. I wasn’t too upset because that wasn’t my property (even though it was in front of my house) but on the city’s property. Approximately one week later, as I returned from work, there laid on MY front lawn another (BIG) dog waste! I was sure that this time I would be able to view the video and find out whose dog, or which dog owner was allowing its dog to do this to my property. To cut a long story short, as I would find out later, the video system only records (via motion activation) for 30 seconds and follows with a two minute pause in which nothing else records! So when someone approaches the camera, it starts recording for 30 seconds and stops. Nothing is recorded until two minutes later! And that explained why I never see anything actually happening in front of my house. I called ADT technicians the next day and they told me that is how the system is set up. In other words, tough sh*t! I’m currently screening other companies to see who can offer a system that records around the clock. I strange man recently approached my daughter on my front door step (and a good thing nothing else happened) but all that was recorded was him at my doorsteps and my daughter standing to the side confused as to what the man wanted there! Rated a 2 1/2 star!