ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and climate control. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks
  • Smart lights
  • Smart thermostat
  • Remote garage door
  • Video doorbell camera
  • Smart switches & plugs

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT-Monitored Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

R. Schmitt
August 13th, 2018 Columbus, NJ DETAILS

Purchased a home that had ADT system already installed. Called to activate. Salesman came out and sold us 1500.00 of equipment. Have had 9 fault alarms in 11 months. Customer service has been helpful but now the want to reinstall original system . All old equipment was tossed. Now I am going to have to fight to get my 1500.00 back. Think carefully and do not let their non ADT salespeople walk through your door.

Mena Williams
August 10th, 2018 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS

THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWFUL. CANCELING APPOINTMENTS, CALL CENTER EMPLOYEES ARE RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL AND THEIR TECHNOLOGY IS NOT COMPETITIVE! THEY CANCELED AFTER WAITING FOR THEM SAME DAY. WHEN THE UPGRADE HAPPENED, TWO DAYS LATER MY SENSOR BATTERY DIED AND BEEPING WOKE ME AT 3 IN THE MORNING! YOU GET BETTER SERVICE BUYING THE RING SYSTEM. WHEN I MOVE, I'M NOT TAKING THEM WITH ME!

Claire Cleveland
August 6th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

We were burglarized a few days ago, thieves came in the garage. I checked the ADT camera mounted by the garage door and found out the camera did not capture any image of the thieves at all. I called ADT to see if they had anything from their end. I was told to call back in 2 hours, 2 hours! Whatever happened to 24/7 service. Completely useless. Cop said get a better camera. I'm getting a better security company, period.

Gwen Jordan
August 3rd, 2018 Highland, IL DETAILS

I’ve had ADT since they merged with Brinks and I’ve been very satisfied. I have an appointment in 2 weeks to have Pulse added but I am becoming extremely nervous reading these comments. There are very few 3 or more stars. I have lots to think about now!

Ana Harris
July 27th, 2018 Miami, FL DETAILS

We had ADT for 12 years, as soon as monthly monitoring went up, I called and they refused to lower it, even though they were offering lower rates to new customers. I switched to another company, stayed with them 5 years. However, last month i got a mail offer from ADT because i was a "prior customer". Decided to give them a try and 4 representatives LIED TO US, including the Technician who came to install system. They mislead us into the $54.99 3 year contract. Thank God that the State of Florida protects us consumers and I executed the right to cancel within 3 days of signing contract. BUYER BEWARE!!! Needless to say, I will go back to my previous company that at least does not lie, so far.....

Glendaly
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

It is a very unresponsive company. I do not recommend it to anyone who has a lot of trouble with them and I was paying for the services for 2 months and they never finished installing them. call many times to the number of them 787-919-7884 customer services there is talk to Ms. B, mrs. Michel M who told me she was the supervisor, sra D, mr. A etc ... for 2 months and what they did was cheat me they always gave me an appointment letting me know that a technician would come to my house and always always I was waiting for him to come back and I say for 2 months, and now I do not have his services because I cancel them, I would never recommend it .. Glendaly Santos

Jeff
July 18th, 2018 Saint Thomas, PA DETAILS

Technicians take advantage of selling older people Items they don't need. The install Items without asking where is best to place things. And they don't hand in thier papwork in a timely manner. Customer service is ok but any refunds take up to thirty days. The company policies suck. They make sure they get intrest off of your money. They like to promise things but do not follow thru. Beware of this company. I am sure if you are late with a payment they will charge and harass you!

Bethany Tomaszewski
July 13th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I havent had adt very long, Only about 2.5 months. Ive had two false alarms go off while i was at home. They sent a technician out to figure out what the problem may be. Luckily they didnt charge me to see what the problem was since i didnt have it long at all, but normally they charge you to see my their product is malfunctioning?? When Mark, my tech was here. He was extremely helpful and looked out for my best interest. He had to call his boss, Brent to reschedule to come back since i was having new doors install the following week. I always ask to be put on speaker so i fully understand what what im paying for and not get taken advantage of. I know that somewhat puts the tech on the spot but makes me feel secure as a customer. His boss is the reason i rated this company a two star. He tried to charge me for taking down my sensors and wanted to re charge me again for putting them back up even though i havent even had this service 3 months and there already acting up. Brents customer service is lacking and didnt make me comfortable as a customer. If it wasnt for Mark i would have switched companies right then and there. I could have easily taken them down and put them back up but knowing that my technician was looking out for my best interest was amazing and is the only reason why i am still currently a customer. Brent needs to take a lesson from Mark on customer care. Im not pleased with the corporate office with adt.

Renee Heath
July 11th, 2018 Macon, GA DETAILS

WE'VE BEEN A CUSTOMER SINCE 2009. NO PROBLEMS WITH THEM VERY SATISFIED. DIDN'T KNOW WHEN WE UPGRADED TO PULSE LAST YEAR --THAT ALSO ADDED A 3 YR CONTRACT. RECENTLY EXPERIENCE DRIVE BY SHOOTING-MOVING IN WITH FAMILY- UNALBE TO TRANSFER SERVICE--ADT MAKING US PAY $700 CANCELLATION FEE. WILL NEVER USE THEM OR RECOMMEND THEM AGAIN.

Trevor Otsuka
July 11th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

ADT bases their business on misinformation and the hopes that your understanding of their service contract will be lost in ambiguity. Multiple employees will tell you one thing, not give you the full details, and then stand behind a different company policy. We were hit with hidden fees, which apparently are subject to the area you live in, and when we decided to drop the ADT PULSE app service, all the sudden we needed a dedicated land line to use their “base” security package. This information was not provided at any time until we decided to cancel the service after having the system for 13 days. We were told that we have a 30 day risk free guarantee, which we later found out means they only guarantee the PULSE mobile app. Retention told us that we can not cancel without paying 75% of our 36 month contract rate, which is approx. $1,500. Per their contract you have 72 hours from the time of install to cancel your service. Which again, was not disclosed to us at any time until we decided to cancel. From our experience it seems as though ADT runs their business on unethical practices based on misinformation. Now we are stuck in a 3 year contract, after having the system for 13 days, and being told we have a 30 day risk free guarantee by multiple employees in various departments. Bottom line, this is not the way that you professionally conduct business. Lying to people and failing to disclose the full terms of the service you provide is unethical. Choose a different security solutions provider.

MICHAEL O'NEILL
July 6th, 2018 Rome, GA DETAILS

When closing an office I cancelled my ADT account in Feb 2018. It is now July 2018 and I am still getting bills. Also in March I paid a closing down fee of over $512??? I have had 3 calls with ADT to stop the continuous billing cycle. I have employees ID number to prove it. They all tell me it is closed until I et a bill and call in again. Same routine again and again. Almost seems like a scam.

Elena castellon
July 5th, 2018 Miami, FL DETAILS

Hi just installed ADT monitoring security device nd decided to cancel 5 business days later . They told me if I canceled I would have to pay $1500. Now I’m stuck with a system that is really not good at all. The Ring door Bell is $10/ month and is a way mbetter system. Customers be ware don’t fall into a 3 year contract when you can get a way better system for only &100/year vs $720/year. Will never make this mistake again. Oh and customer service sucks they are very nice when they are trying to sell you the alarm but when you try to call for an issue the are quite rude.

Estefi Arreola Leyva
July 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

ADT is been a security plan for me and my family. We like to know that our house is safe when we are away. The alarms work really well, when we turn it on.

Junior
June 29th, 2018 Corona, CA DETAILS

I had a tech come to my house to install the system. ADT is the most known alarm system other than Brinks. We went over the paperwork and what I was going to get. Sensors on doors, windows and motion inside. No cameras. The offer, 200 gift card, which I was going to receive in the mail. Only got 100. The system itself is not bad. It does what it's supposed to. You can set the alarm and override any opened windows. The fobs are small and I attached one to my keys. Put it in my pocket only to have the sheriff show up 1 hour later. Apparently I was pressing the duress button for over an hour. Fast forward to 3 years later. My contract is up and so is my monthly bill. Used to pay 39.99, now 50. That's right, with no cameras. I called customer care to see what I can get upgraded for free. Nothing, piss off. Guy tried but he did not know what free was. Kept tacking on more things like cameras for another 20 beans. Honestly, all I wanted was an upgrade on my keypad. He contacted my local tech and he even tried to upsell some stuff. The tech told me he would call me back with a quote. FREE YOU DINGBAT, I SAID FREE! He never did. Before you decide on what alarm system you want, pay close attention to the reviews. Look at what exactly people are complaining about. To give them a one star because their rates went up AFTER their contract expired is stupid.

Clesha Mykel Birden
June 29th, 2018 Moreno Valley, CA DETAILS

I called in to notify ADT that my family was relocating, provided them with the address and was told a date that my services would end at my condo. I was instructed to remove all of my equipment when I left and when they came out to my new home that I would be charged for installation. Once I moved, I began to get calls saying I owed 57.99 and when I paid it then my services could be transferred. The day that I transferred services I paid the balance to 0.00. There were several discrepancies and finger pointing between ADT and Defenders. Apparently, Defenders did not put in the transfer and services were still on at the previous address because ADT called to collect the payment, they had the information in their system and did not complete the transfer. Meanwhile, I am required to pay what was billed, even though they can clearly see that ADT dropped the ball somewhere. Once it is discovered that an error is made on their behalf, they make you pay for it. Now they are making me re-apply for a new 2 year contract in lieu of being charged for moving...... apparently when you move from the initial service address, you have to cancel your contract and they charge you over 900.00 for the equipment and 12 months worth of service fees or the remainder of the contract. They force you to be a customer for 12 additional months and make you reapply and check your credit, again (hard inquiry). What if you dont qualify, again? The customer service representative attempt to make you feel like they are saving you money all the while avoiding the fact that you did nothing wrong but relocate...... I was threatened literally, "Well if you don't resign the contract, you will be charged for this and that and your going to collections"!! That's what I get for being a loyal customer. So I have to resign, no discounts applied. No charges dropped. Still got charged for the 2 months that I was not in the home and that they were aware I no longer needed service at. This company is very overrated.

Anne K. Howard
June 29th, 2018 New Hartford, CT DETAILS

I regret wasting thousands of dollars on this useless system. The alarm constantly goes off in the middle of the night, stressing out the dogs. We have had ADT service people to our house on numerous occasions fixing faulty sensors on our windows. I used it for 2 months max. Now we are stuck with a huge penalty fee for breaking the contract.

Alan
June 29th, 2018 Arlington, TX DETAILS

Worst. Had the service. Did a remodel which required revolving contacts. Therefore no monitoring. Called to let them know. Rather than suspend until they could continue monitoring again they continued to bill. Then turned me over to credit company for a $1,000 early termination fee. I would not use this company under any circumstances - ever. Beware!

Lindsey H
June 28th, 2018 Three Forks, MT

Horrible customer service!!!! People selling you something are usually polite. Was told I was set up for an appointment but I really wasn’t. Just go with someone else!

Karo
June 26th, 2018 Troy, NY DETAILS

I had them for 3 years. I am going to cancel. Adt has come out 4 times to install the nest thermostat, smart lock, 1 Indoor and 2 exterior cameras and a brand new security panel... Today was number 4. They knew it was a big job and they sent 1 tech out again. The first 3 times they didn't have the right equipment. Now, today the 4th time it took the tech 10 hours just to set up the security panel and the I hub to link everything... the poor guy had to go home, I get it but now adt is telling me they cant get a tech out to finish the job until next week... they have officially been out 1 a week for the last 5 weeks since deciding to upgrade... So over it.. and to put the icing on the cake, they gave me 2 indoor cameras and no exterior.. Between poor customer service, hidden fees after promised there were none, and not getting the order correct, It is exhausting.... Luckily, the job isn't finished so I can go ahead and cancel before I get on to another headache....

Jeanette Wylie
June 26th, 2018 Concord, NC DETAILS

When you first sign up, ever thing is usually wonderful but it was not, I had problems from the beginning. I asked the representative taking the information if I would get hit with a hard inquiry on my credit report and I was told no, they check the same way utility companies do; that was a lie 5 minutes later I receive an alert stating someone has checked my credit. Now here comes install day, we went from $105 initial fee with money for upgrades to over 7k in equipment which the guy kept lowering and lowering down to 1700, dumb on my part I agreed to make the 4 payments. (If I have to pay for my own equipment, why is there a credit check, a hard one at that) One payment into it, I had buyers remorse so bad because I did not have the new panel like everyone else, the cell signal is always bad, the pulse app does not work half the time, the camera did not connect, the latest and greatest window sensor went off for some unknown reason causing a false alarm, when the tech came out to look at the system, he did not put it in test mode causing another false alarm and it has been so much back and forth with getting a strong signal only to blame it on my wifi which is the best one the company offers. I am not sure why they use so many different companies for install but I have found defender to be the worse. I have been with a few other companies before, price wise ADT monitoring is ok but everything else is a rip off I say stay far away from this company I am not a happy camper and I have only been with the company for 2 months. I am about to see how their 6 month money back guarantee will work.

Unhappy
June 25th, 2018

I wish I could give them no stars! I tried to just look around on their website for information but I couldn't see any packages or descriptions of the services and devices they offered. I put my number in to get a free quote thinking I could just give them the square footage and basic description of the house we are *hopefully* moving into (have not bought it yet) and the lady flat out said they dont put things like that on their website because their promotions change every day. She kept pressuring me to give her the address of a house that's not even mine yet and other super personal information. When I refused, she transferred me to her supervisor who basically just started the process over. I was on the phone with them for 20 minutes just requesting a brochure or some basic informstion, not someone to give me the "speach" they have memorized that just goes in one ear and out the other. This was three weeks ago. Now they have my phone number and call me at least every other day trying to suck me back in regardless of my telling them I'm not interested. DO NOT CALL THEM! They're pushier than car sales people.

gerardo cordero
June 25th, 2018 Paradise, PA

it's really less than that. this company is a con. do not sign anything if they come to your house. if possible don't even call them. i had to call the police on one guy who would not leave until he installed the system. he calculated it would cost about 6700 dollars and i told him there is not way i can afford that. he kept cutting down the system to make it less and i was done with him. i told him no. i asked him to leave and one thing he said "if i don't install this i can't feed my daughter" i remember some daughter usage by car salesmen about 10 years ago. i asked him to leave again and he said he wouldn't. i called the police and they asked to speak to the guy, he wouldn't. eventually, the police spoke to him and he decided to leave. he just laughed and left. i complained to his company and i have not received any response. is there anything that can be done to stop these people? please warn everyone to stay away from this company.

Mr Edwards
June 25th, 2018 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS

This a awful co to do business with. Third party run the show “Defender”. Very unprofessional. I don’t feel safe in my home since they are the alarm co.

RS
June 20th, 2018 McKinney, TX DETAILS

I wish we could get together and do something about this! I am going to see what I can do about this! When I (thought) I was talking to ADT, I mentioned I had been with Brinks System before. ( I've not had a security system for a few years.) I was told then that ADT had merged with Brinks...I loved Brinks, no problems, excellent service, so I didn't think to review ADT at the time. I'm a new customer in 03/2018...the installer accidentally put his leg through my ceiling...It took me over 6 weeks to get anyone to accept responsibility. Seems, I am supposed to go through "Defenders" which is a 3rd party. Never knew I was dealing with anyone but ADT. ADT Customer Service told me they bought my contract within the week after the system was installed (?) in yet, they bear no responsibility? Will see about that! It took over two months to get a check to repair my ceiling...2 alarms do not work from day ONE of installation, I have requested service MANY TIMES! I was supposed to have a 2100.00 credit to start with, equipment costs me 1800.00 above and beyond this "credit" and I don't have anything fancy, no cameras etc....I was supposed to have the glass breakage window alarms, I don't...I've asked to cancel this contract many times (see the 6 month Money Back Guarantee!)...they won't, was not told it was a 36 month contract, I had a name change in December, never contacted them under any other name but my (new) legal name...they put the contract in my old name and say "You have to sign it in that name!" I so regret I didn't tell them where to put it...need to change billing info no one will respond, so fully expect it to go to collections when it doesn't clear my credit card (which was lost 06/2018). This needs to STOP...and I am prepared to take it on! When you have to sign an iPad and not allowed the time to read the contract...DO NOT SIGN IT! When I asked for a break out of the items installed from the installer, he said I would receive that from ADT in the contract just signed. I have never received anything. Bad-Bad Business!

Oleg Glabuchek
June 18th, 2018 Raleigh, NC DETAILS

They sell their package, installing their minimum set of devices for free, but do not mention that there is a 36months contract that you can not cancel. Moreover - they just increased the monthly payment which I am obliged to pay even though I've decided to stop using their service. Not a fair play.

Tom
June 11th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have had ADT in the past and the installation was easy and didn't stick out, the company was helpful and it provided a sense of security to me and my family.

Stephanie Muzsek
June 8th, 2018 Fremont, CA DETAILS

I have been with adt now around 5 years and never had a issue but then I got a new door and windows so I called them to redo my sensor which she didn’t tell me there was a service fee. When the guy came out he told me about the fee so I called in spoke to a manager which said he needed to listen to the call. Meanwhile the guy doing the sensor ask me where the third one is while I’m telling him he screams at me and says “time is of the money let’s go” wtf. When the manager called me back telling me they will credit my account because she didn’t tell me about the charge I tell him what the employee did and how I want him out of my house now . The manager apologizes offers me 33% of on anything else I need so I scheduled a appointment the following Saturday to get the garage door sensor and the glass break sensor. That Monday I decided maybe I should also do two cameras which I have but not with adt thought maybe just have 1 app would be better so I call it’s after hours then I call Tuesday, Wednesday and leave s message. Friday comes around I still didn’t hear from him so I call he says he will put it on the order. Then on Saturday the tech shoes and knows nothing about the cameras so I call and need to schedule a third appointment which they can’t do the next Saturday so they push it another week. The customer service is horrible.

Jaroslaw Urban
June 7th, 2018 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

We had been loyal customers of ADT for over 10 years. The monitoring of our house was done through a corded telephone landline. About a year ago, we changed to a wireless landline retaining the same phone number. Several months later the alarm in our house went off without any subsequent action from ADT. We made an inquiry why the company did not react to the alarm and learned that our house has not been monitored for months, since we had changed the landlines. During all this time ADT was charging us monthly fee without providing service. We still had no solution after two visits from the ADT technicians during subsequent weeks, while still being charged. When we stopped paying the fee after seven months without ADT service, the company demanded continuing paying for an additional month and reported us to a debt collector. ADT claims to be the number one company in home security. To the contrary, our experience demonstrates that customer security is not the company’s mission. We want to warn ADT customers that they pay for a false sense of security. Jaroslaw Urban

Keri
June 4th, 2018 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

ADT installed their system. I paid $107 when I called. The installer came. I told him I wanted the plan they advertised in a brochure I received through the mail for $19 a month for a year and $39 after that. After the installation. He said it was over $1000 I had to pay. I said I was told I only had to $99 as in the brochure, hesaid it wasn’t true. I got him to go down to almost $900. The very next day they took $73 out of my account. Without my premission. Another untrue. I was told by the installer I would only pay $19 for a year than the $39 for the next two years. Which was not true. I go out to get in my car in the garage and I could open the door. I finally got someone to help me get the door up to go to my appointment, of course I was late. They had to lift the door for me to put the car back into the garage. The the door fell down very hard. My remotes I have for my garage don’t work anymore. It has been a week. I still can’t get the door to open. Being afraid the door will slam down again my car has to be left outside and I can’t get the garage door up or down. They finally says they are coming out after I called the main office. I made so many calls and I had to deactivate the system because the alarm keep going off. ADT are rip off artist. I had to write a letter for then for cancellation. I sent it certified. I don’t trust them and their 72 hour money back guarantee. But I am waiting. It has been seven days and I can’t open the garage door. I made too many calls to count to them about the garage door. Never ever use these people.. Still waiting, over a week.

Ramon
May 31st, 2018 Easton, PA DETAILS

I wouldn’t recommend ADT not even to my worst enemy! I had to unplug the system for almost a year! I called them and after fixing the problem it will get the same problem right away and they don’t show up to solve the problem! Nor call to see if they can do anything about it! T

Grace Hines
May 29th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

BEWARE CONSUMERS!!! DO NOT GET - ADT-Alarms. They lie to your face and do not honor what they tell you in person. It happened to me twice already. The representative that came to sell me on and install the ADT alarm at the home I was renting "LIED" to my face about me being on a 1 year contract only because I would not go with their service if it was not a condition because I told her I was only needed it for one year. She said she was making it a one year contract and all I would have to do is call them and tell them to close the account with no other fees being due if I complete the year. The problem is that when I called the office to complete my contract due to me moving, the office said that "I was on a 2 year contract because she did not put anything on the contract about being for one year so I have to continue to pay for the alarm or pay them the $855. 52 Contract Termination Charge which I do not have because I am elderly and on low income, so I moved it to my son-in-laws house to complete my two year contract which I am doing. But now when he is moving and I am going to be homeless and I want to complete this two year contract it turns out they now say it is a three year contract or pay $971.80 which I do not have so they have me over the barrel again. Hello I'm going to be homeless "How the hell do I pay for an alarm system in thin air". I think it should be against the law for a security company to "Force You" to keep their service. I can understand a homeowner being bound to having a contract for no end because a house you own is the house so you intend on being there for good or it can be sold with the service included but not a RENTER. And anyone knows a renter is not living on a property for more than a year most of the time. I specifically told them I was only renting for one year and only needed one year service. And to boot I told them both times at both locations. I wish I had known that this was a BAD company to trust and do business with because I would have never gotten it if I had known. They don't care about what is happening and have no compassion, I mean if they did they could let me out of my contract due to "Hardship" and who knows if I managed to get a job which I am trying to do so I can have a place to live then if I did get a place I would probably be their customer again. I regret getting service from this company so much it hurts I mean latterly, I have a bad heart condition and this company is making my heart hurt so much. . Oh and also their systems is not worth beans. I am so dis-satisfied with their product as it’s not very good.

Ethan
May 29th, 2018 Ardmore, PA DETAILS

Would give them 0 or negative stars if possible. DO NOT go with ADT. They are the epitome of bait and switch con artists and are not the least bit transparent with their sales, service, or promises. After doing quite a bit of research into home security systems I was referred to ADT. After speaking with a sales representative and being completely up front and honest on my end, the sales person completely lied about the equipment that would be provided, the cost of the monitoring service, AND even the offer of the referral and gifts cards with their deal. First off, they will charge you an up front $99 to install, plus charge tax on that, even before you get a technician to conduct the review to set up the system. Then, the promise of equipment - they promise "pre-wired" door and window sensors, however this only actually applies if you have an existing security system and all sensors are wireless anyway, so really they offer 7 wireless sensors ($129 per additional sensor). They will bait you on by saying "a manager is on and will work with you to approve this" - don't believe it, as you'll never hear from that manager ever again, even when you have his/her manager id number. Then there's the monitoring service - they offer $27.99/mo but that's only if you have a land phone line in your home. Including the warranty on the equipment that is supposed to be $36.99, but again they claim it's only if you have a land line. I know others who have the service without a land line paying $36.99 no problem, yet ADT claims they don't do that. Total garbage and lies. So now the monthly monitoring fee is up to $48.99 for wireless. However if you speak with their customer service, they will bring that down to $44.99/month and offer $300 in gift cards to make up the difference between the $48.99 and the $36.99 as promised. It's all such a set up. The next lie is the $100 gifts cards. They offered: - $100 to offset the installation (which installation cost $104.94 with tax so there's lie number 1) - $300 to offset the $48.99 to $36.99 monthly monitoring service (as mentioned above) - $100 referral for the person who referred us Here's where the lies come in - they charge you $4.95 per card in "shipping and handling fees" as they say it's for the tracking to make sure it arrives properly. Furthermore, they reneged on the referral card as they said I had reached the maximum of $400 in gift cards. Lies, lies, and more lies. DO NOT USE ADT to protect your home. There are better services out there who will be transparent from the start. I'm beyond disappointed in ADT - for a company that has been around as long as they have you would think they would want to keep a good name rather than tarnish it. Oh well, they will get some money from me in the interim, but will lose out in the long run as I inform friends, family, and colleagues of their tactics. And when my contract is up in 3 years, I'll be promptly cancelling and there will likely be better solutions on the market.

Greg
May 22nd, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

Just had it installed today. The $100 visa giftcard they offer is a mail in and u get it in 6-8 weeks. The “free” camera has a $300 activation fee. I felt like i was at used car dealership with their hidden fees and upgrade selling tactics

William Burns
May 21st, 2018 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS

I tried to leave no stars but they wouldn't allow me to leave no stars I would give a negative 9 stars to this so called security company . We used ADT for a monitoring and camera installation in Scottsdale . When leaving the property, we wanted to take the cameras and other equipment that we had bought from them . They told us to leave the equipment there and they would give us a defined credit when we used them in another home . The reason for them wanting us to leave all of the equipment in the home , is all the other homes had safeguard security and they wanted to get a foothold into that gated community . Upon buying another home we had the ADT representative come out, who was very pleasant and helpful and came up with a proposal . When told about the previous person at ADT and their promises if we left the equipment in the other home . She said she would check it out and get back to us. Over a month later the response was, the person that told us that, did not have the authority and therefore they were not going to honor what their representative told us . I guess we're supposed to know that the representatives of ADT do or don't have authority To do what they are agreeing to do and what you are agreeing to do based on their representations as a representative of ADT . If you can't trust your security company who can you trust . You're definitely can't trust ADT After the sales representative was not getting back to my assistant I decided to call the manager or least what I thought was the manager of ADT,,,, but it turns out they mis represented the manager as he's the sales manager, not the manager of the Arizona ADT division. His response was unless we had confirmation in writing what was promised to us, They would not honor that commitment . The attitude of this sales manager was truly surprising . So I will be forced to file a complaint and go somewhere else even though I gave them plenty of notice and time to Install this system . My advice is to stay away from ADT as if they can't keep their word. Is that Someone you want as a security company ???????? And their excuse that unless you had what we promised to you in writing we are not honoring that Commitment from one of our representatives . It's amazing they won't give us the phone number to the person who made that commitment and keep putting other people out in front . why would you wanna use ADT to be your security company . I can promise you this . I will make My complaint to the appropriate governmental investigative agency to take care of this ADT group.

Teri Hatch
May 21st, 2018 Maricopa, AZ DETAILS

Our equipment and system is a year old, not working half the time. They will gladly charge us to look at it. Not a good system and wasting our money. Going with a different system and company. Don’t waste your money.

Jan. Hansen
May 18th, 2018 Rockport, MA DETAILS

My experience with adt was as one dispatcher put it a “train wreck”. We found uninstalled door monitors on the floor numerous false alarms techs that never came out and confused customer service agents telling me no tech had been requested. My electrician and I personally ripped out the system ourselves. Called adt and told them I was not paying them. The cocky customer service agency said adt was not worried as Nightwatch would collect. When I wrote nightwatch a long letter they very kindly told me they would not be billing me for the reminder of my contract. Up yours ADT

Cindy Lakin
May 18th, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS

Absolutely unethical to force people into paying 75% of the remaining contract when they move. I will NEVER use this company again.

Robert Kearns
May 16th, 2018 Telford, PA DETAILS

Have ADT for over 6 years. They kept being point the full rate after contract expiration until I finally noticed. I reduced to a slightly lower rate including maintenance coverage. Family changes make it less essential to have monitoring. So I called to cancel or seek a significantly lower month-to-month monitoring rate. Again, ADT offered to drop maintenance and save me $6 per month. Still a relatively high monitoring rate for a 6+ year old system they’ve already made lots of money on. So I asked to cancel and I’ll alarm locally without monitoring. Rep stated they will disable my system if I cancel so it won’t even alarm locally (said this is included in the contract terms...?). I don’t know what to do now. Need to make a decision. I hate being held hostage by ADT or any business.

William R Feerick
May 16th, 2018 DETAILS

I feel ADT offers exceptional service and their staff to be very customer friendly. I have had for many ongoing years a very elaborate system in my home with all the equipment specific to my needs and my choosing. Overall I have zero complaints and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a comprehensive system at a fair price.

Sue
May 14th, 2018 Saint Joseph, MO DETAILS

I purchased cameras to watch the areas outside my home. It was comforting that I could remotely see who had been near my home when I'm gone. The problem is the cameras don't work half the time. When I called in they said " The cameras aren't met to be for security". Are you kidding me? Isn't your company called ADT Security?? This camera won't pick up a vehicle in my driveway so it sure won't pick up a person approaching. Out of contract so I'm going to do something different. Any suggestions??

Juan Carlos
May 14th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

It is a very badly organized company A few days ago my alarm rang and the security guards arrived 20 minutes or 25 minutes later What can you expect from them? Actually in that time you allow them to do what they want to do in your house. ADT not Recommended at all

Sonja Squyres
May 7th, 2018 Ingleside, TX DETAILS

Absolutely horrible my home was destroyed in hurricane harvey and adt is still charging me for a system that dosent even work anymore!

edward gross
May 4th, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

misrepresented and lies from installer.stated out door cameras were on order,put indoor camera in and said when outdoor cameras come in one would be installed .i called to check and was told adt did not offer outdoor cameras.plus every one i talked to had a different price.some reps got nasty.i am tempted to cancel and let them chase me.

Donna sargent
April 30th, 2018 West Liberty, KY DETAILS

Adt is the most unreliable company I have ever dealt with. Every time u talk to them they tell u a different price. If u need to add something they make u renew 3 year contract . I was out of contract n called them gave 30 day notice they aggravated me to death trying to keep me as a customer. I had paid a year ahead before my contract ended they wouldn’t refund my money until my 30 days was up . I called asking for my money n they said it says that you’re scheduled for renewal. Very incompetent!!!. I said absolutely not all I want from them is my money. Run from them. You’ll be sorry if u deal with them

Marlo N.
April 30th, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

If I could rate ADT a zero I would also. If you cancel your services before time they charge you 75% of whatever the time is left which is ridiculous. They won’t work with you and they know you have good credit and if you refuse to pay it goes on your credit report. They shouldn’t give to people that live in apartments and confine them with these outrageous contracts. The alarm goes off without it making any sound and you don’t know until the police is at the door. The city charges you if the alarm goes off too many times which ADT don’t make you aware and the city doesn’t make you aware after you owe them hundreds of dollars. I will never get ADT again and will let everyone I come into contact with about my horrible experience.

Nadia
April 26th, 2018 Miami Beach, FL DETAILS

I am currently having a very bad experience with ADT. The protection system they offer and installed left areas of the house unprotected and I had to call them and show them this, so I had to buy more equipment to protect the house perimeter. I am getting the wrong information each time I reach out to them about the services , when they will call me if the alarm goes off, what I am paying for, and on top of all when I request to speak with a supervisor She is very rude, treats me like I am a little child she needs to educate and scream at me.

Sylvia Smith
April 25th, 2018

We called as a result of the 29.77 offer. Installers were very gracious. Did work hard to sell us more equipment. We declined. Their supervisor offered a an alternative that we accepted. Ended costing us 20 dollars more a month, it We are pleased with what we received. They did assure us we would still received the Visa offer.

Deborah Patton
April 24th, 2018 DETAILS

I was a long time (over 10 year) customer of ADT - from my move from TN to AZ, I stayed with the company. When I moved to a very remote location - no mail delivery or land line service, ADT would not let me out of my (less than 1 year left) contract. They "offered" to charge me the same amount at the new home they were charging me when I had a landline with police notification if they alarm went off at my house. Not the same service but the same price. The comment made was, "well, you chose to move out there." Amazingly, they would not negotiate with me at all, but turned me over to a collection agency when I tried to work with them on the remaining term of the contract. When you can't provide the service how can you charge. The only service they could offer would be a siren and cameras (but I have no landline I told them). The siren would attract no one as I have no neighbors close by due to the sizes of the ranches here. I WILL NEVER again use ADT and will make sure I promote them.

Charlene Malicki
April 23rd, 2018 Toledo, OH DETAILS

Read the fine print! They had me thinking I was getting a promotional offer when I was signing a contract unbeknownst to me for double!! Very shady and ADT says if you are not satisfied even after six month, they will let you out of the contract. Not true! They wouldn't budge. A bad company!!!

Kathie Hahn
April 19th, 2018 Burlington, NJ DETAILS

Worst company ever. I have been a customer for years and the service keeps getting worse. I recently had a tech come to my company to make repairs to two cameras that were continually malfunctioning, one of which was not working when I had a theft, and he sat on the phone for 30 minutes griping to the person with whom he was speaking about having to get the trucks back by 4:30, how the company sucked, how the meeting did not go well, etc. Then, when I asked him to fix something, he jumped down my throat and told me I should learn myself how to fix it! So he totally screwed up my cameras and left me with receiving upwards to 100 alerts in my inbox on a daily basis due to the way he had the cameras pointing (toward a busy highway so it was constantly receiving motion). Almost a month later, a tech comes to install new cameras with the notation for him to call me (I was out of town) to go over the alert situation. He never calls. He comes back this morning, only to leave with the back camera facing the highway! I called him; he refused to answer. I texted him; no response. I then get a call from the "general manager" Bob D., stating that *I* told the technician, Jason, that I wanted the cameras that way! OMG! I sent 1 hour and 20 minutes on the phone with Jason going over all the issues, including that one, that were causing constant alerts! Instead, the "manager" called me a liar! I have never dealt with such an awful company in my life! To add insult to injury, I called the corporate headquarters just now (it is 1:00 PM EST on Thursday, 4/19/18 and got a recording to call back during normal business hours which are daily. Do yourself a favor. Go with another company that is knowledgeable, professional and appreciates their customers.