ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and climate control. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks
  • Smart lights
  • Smart thermostat
  • Remote garage door
  • Video doorbell camera
  • Smart switches & plugs

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT-Monitored Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

Pham
April 24th, 2019 DETAILS

It's a trap! Be careful with the seller's promises! I give them 1 star for the technical help. Zero for the deals. Cause confusion and stuck with the plan which you have to pay more then they offered. I never go back to them after my contract end!

Rick Stevenson
April 9th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Last year, ADT acquired Protection One, a company we had been with for over 21 years. When we signed on with Protection One, we were told that the equipment we purchased was ours, and that the company would transfer the equipment to a new home, should we request that. We did that about 15 years ago, and were happy with the installation. Early last year, we contacted ADT wanting to move our equipment to the home we had just purchased (the 3rd we had hoped to be protected by this company), and we told that the offer made by Protection One would would not be honored by ADT. The company wanted almost $600 in equipment costs to duplicate most of the features found in the system from our old home. Why can't ADT honor the terms made by the company they purchased? After all, the main revenue for protection comes from the monthly monitoring fees of the systems they install. We were given a Simplisafe package as a housewarming gift, and couldn't be happier with the system and customer service. We advised the buyers of our old home who inherited a very nice ADT security system from us, NOT to use ADT, as we feel like ADT does not care enough for their customers by honoring commitments made by a company they purchased. It doesn't take much to "buy" a good customer relationship, but I guess our business wasn't worth $600 after being monitored by the company for over 21 years. You can do the math to find out how much money we have spent with this company in monitoring fees.

Kelly
April 8th, 2019 Elk Grove, CA DETAILS

ADT is the thief to your bank! I give it 0 rating! I wasted 2 days calling and transferred several times to reach someone who can assist me. If person 1 cannot assist me, whey was he hired? I talked with supposedly manager "Tony" this morning who was giving me the selling talk of how great ADT was. How I was rude for cutting home off. I pretty much told him I’m calling to cancel and didn’t need his BS! We were moving and I had to renew my contract at the new house or pay the early termination fee to cancel. Who wins in this situation? I wanted to carry my contract over to the new house and use ADT until my contract ends in September 2019. I opt to cancel and pay the early termination fee so I do not need to deal with these people again! ADT needs to work on their customer services! Get the IRing system and stay away from ADT!

KC
March 28th, 2019 Abilene, TX DETAILS

If I could give zero stars I would. We've been trying to get ADT out to do some more security systems (our business is expanding) for 2 WEEKS, and nobody has shown up OR called us back. Also, customer service is extremely rude and ARROGANT. Mr. Donald B with ADT has no idea what he is doing but prides himself on the fact that he's been in the business for over 20 years, but he sucks. The whole time, he was totally incompetent, treated us with nothing but disrespect, and even once argued with my coworker saying, "Will you just listen to me for a minute? You're not listening." I will NEVER go through this company again. It was totally worth the $600 to cancel the contract for someone better.

Vic
February 27th, 2019 Immokalee, FL

BEWARE DO NOT USE !!!! - installer came to my home and didnt talk about any prices of any equipment. Then told me he was going to his truck to retrive items so he could show me and while i was in my kitchen he began drilling into my dry wall installing wall mount without my consent or any permission. I immediately threw him out of my home, while telling him how are you going to start installing items i didnt pick or a plan i didnt choose. Should have listen to all the reviews on this page. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. WORST OF THE WORST

JD Maye
February 27th, 2019 Aransas Pass, TX DETAILS

The Villain is NOT the possible intruder/robber that gets in your home, it is the ADT Salesman that you Let In ! I've never in my life seen such an unethical sales pitch. He said we would get Everything for FREE. Just Sign here, to "authorize installation." What I unknowingly signed was an Internet Sig Doc, that gave permission for 4 installments of $500 ??? ADT Cust Service just keeps shaking me around to Desk to Desk..... Someone needs to report them to the Attorney Generals office.

Dr. David
February 25th, 2019 Hackensack, NJ DETAILS

I would not have believed all of these negative reviews if it had not happened to me ! I am an ADT customer for 25 years ( ! ) , and my system recently went down. I was told by the 1-800 person that replacing the broken system would be at no cost. When the salesman came, suddenly it was $ 600 and a three year contract . Spoke to a variety of " managers" and "supervisors" and THEY ALL LIED !!!!! Just like these reviews say, they are dishonest liars. Nothing they say can / should be believed. So, unfortunately, as all the reviews say ; STAY AWAY .

Ana
February 21st, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

DO NOT UTILIZE THIS COMPANY! I called to activate the alarm system in December, the tech came mid January. He told me the system was outdated and needed replacement. I replaced the system and paid almost $500 to replace and activate. No cameras. This was back in January. I’ve only been able to activate the system twice. Keep getting error and low battery messages. Have been given numerous appts, but the technician doesn’t show and then they claim I didn’t schedule the appt when I call asking if someone is going to show. They scheduled my next appt for the end of March and I don’t expect anyone to show. They sold me a defective product and I’m paying for services I’ve yet to received. Any suggestions?😡🤬😡🤬😡

Gina Cabrera
February 19th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

Biggest liars ever. Tech was literally at my house for over 6.5 hours doing the install. After install he throws an additional 700.00 on in "activation fees" for the cameras. I had repeatedly asked him about additional fees and was lied to multiple times. Then after refusing the fee went down to 300, then to 100 and some gift cards and then to..... well your internet speed won't even work with these cameras so we can install them but you won't be able to see anything!!!!! S.o for almost 7 hours they install, we actually had the internet person here while they were installing to hook up the internet and nothing was ever said. So now it's a weekend/ holiday, the office is closed. They give you 3 days to cancel. I called in to cancel and no one could do it. They won't even accept an email to cancel!!!!! State I need to mail in some form etc. This is the BIGGEST SCAM, LIARS, AND LEGALIZED CON ARTISTS out there!!!!! I wish I had seen this site BEFORE I had them out. So much more to tell, but not enough space. RUN from this place!!!

althea
February 11th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

The quality of service has detorated greatly. I think they are using many inexperienced contractors that do shabby jobs. They are dishonest and tricky. ADT's comercials are all lies. They promised us on price for a set of products then when they arrive the cost is much more. There customer service agents and also very rude and dishonest. The buttons they place on my windows keep falling off and beeping. We are locked in a long contract, We cannot wait to stop using this worst company. The following day after instalation we tried to cancel but were told we had to pay $800.00. I would never recommend anyone to use ADT at all. They are very dishonest and should be charged for false advertising.

John D
February 8th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

* * * DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY * * * THEY LIE, AND WILL NOT LIVE UP TO THEIR PROMISES MARK MY WORDS, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED! Upon looking into ADT, I called into the 800 number and got hold of a guy named Brandon.... Long story short, he fed me a bill of goods, told me that I'd pay 28 a month and set me up an appointment for the following day. I even got a follow up call confirming the appt. The guy never showed up. I called in and asked for a supervisor. Turns out, the service I wanted was going to cost me $49 a month and it isn't half the alarm that I've found elsewhere! ADT should think seriously about purging some of the representatives they have selling their product! * * * BUYER BEWARE!!!* * *

Bernhard
February 8th, 2019 Princeton, NJ

Did not get past the sales stage, but unimpressed by that. I asked for a quote, so I could compare one or more other quotes, but you get charged an installation fee anyway. I was promised I would get an email with everything that I had discussed over the phone before the service engineer showed up, this did not happen. Service person looked around and scribbled some notes on the back of a paper how much the equipment would cost to install. Comes across as unprofessional for such a large company.

Stacy
February 8th, 2019 Port Washington, NY DETAILS

The worst company I've ever used. I called AD-T months ago to discuss using their Company. It was unbelievable how quickly they sent a salesman over which was great and great ended there. The agent I spoke to quoted me that the equipment would be at no cost after asking me how many doors etc., in my home. I already had equipment up from the last person that lived here from a different company that had gone out of business so the wiring was done. After the AD-T salesman spent hours writing up a contract and told me that the minimum was 3 years which I was fine with if I'd gotten what was supposedly on the table, the AD-T salesman fails to produce the alarm boxes for the garage door downstairs and the alarm box upstairs, so 1 alarm box only at the front door. He then tells me that a key fob will fix the situation after all was said and done so number one, the customer service are dishonest about the charges when you first call to get their foot into you door. Equipment at no cost meant if I remember correctly, over $1500 extra to get what I needed comfortably. Next, if your AD-T alarm does go off, AD-T doesn't give you a phone call. No call. They will send you an email/! Unbelievable, an email but no phone call haaaaaahha! I'm laughing out loud as I write this because that is so ridiculous to me. Next. My alarm had gone off by accident and AD-T sent the call to the police to come check out but mind you, I disarmed that alarm in less than 60 seconds which wasn't easy, because I had to run down flights of stairs and pick myself up off the floor in order to do that.. not laughing anymore. In any case, no call nothing. The police came and made sure I was all right and left. I then received a fine for not having a permit for my alarm and a fine for the alarm going off without having a permit. All together, $250. I sent the check to the police department along with a phone call, first to AD-T, to tell them I got fined and why this would happen. They told me they'd send somebody out to fi my alarm, which had gone off a week prior, they say from the key fob. They made an appointment for me it seems without asking what day I'd be home. I got an email telling me they'd be coming in a couple days with a 4 hour window, to do what? It turns out after speaking to the police, that it was AD-T's responsibility and I quote, "to make sure I have a permit and to file one on my behalf if I did not", but after many calls to AD-T not one agent I spoke to about these fines I paid, told me that was in fact, their responsibility. I'm sure it will be a hassle to change alarm companies. I've been threatened that costs will be collected if I break my contract but I foresee many, many more problems if I stay with them. Don't make the same mistake. Use a company that puts their cards on the table from the get go and one you can trust will get ahold of you quickly if you do need them.

Mark M
February 4th, 2019 Porter, TX DETAILS

DO NOT USE without understanding their business model. First you are not dealing with ADT but Defender(ADT auth installer) for the first 3 to 6 months. ADT will not help you resolve any issues. Had to cancel using the 3 day cancellation period. the 2 techs spent 6 hrs trying to tie in existing equip. didn't test when they left at 10pm. Only half worked. Defender would not send anyone out for over a week to resolve. Started cancellation within 12 hrs of install and they sched a tech within the 3 day period. The tech evaluated and left. Defender then put us on a week later sched. Cancelled. spent over 2 hrs on phone to get nothing but holes in my walls and my working system ripped out. they are aggressive on up sale. tech spent a lot of time on that instead of working on the system.

Roger Steele
January 30th, 2019 Topeka, KS DETAILS

Be sure you get a hand written amount stating the cost of each item of equipment. Do not reli on the company form. Be wary of the old bait and switch. Ask were the call center is located in the US and also get the direct phone number of the tech support, you will need it. Also be aware that the call center does not always communicate with the tech service personnel. One last piece of advice, Always get all Deals in an email from the home office, don't let the company rep make you feel like you don't need to.

Jamie Allen
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

The system is great, Alarm Center is great, ADT Installer was great. Initial contact with Customer Service could have been more personable. The current PROMO $100 Gift Card, Be sure your customers understands all of the hoops they will need to jump through to acquire the gift card, come up with a more impactful PROMO, this one is a joke.

John Ferrell
January 25th, 2019 DETAILS

If the alarm panel is smashed upon break in during the 30 second delay,I'm told ADT will not get signal and theives will have free run of home

Joe
January 22nd, 2019 New Castle, DE DETAILS

I have been a customer of ADT for over 15yrs now. I upgrade my system 3 yrs ago to the adt pulse system. I was shocked to learn that there is a VERY BIG FLAW in the system. The cameras are set to record only 30 seconds of action. Then they need 3-5 mins to reset before they can record again. When I called adt their answer to me was to upgrade again to a wired system. The cost would be $300 to show up (install) and $450 per camera. Well once my contract is up I'll find another company to monitor my house.

Fracash Zegulita
January 22nd, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

ADT let us down, we got broken into but did not get a call from ADT. Turns out that ADT will only be notified if the sensors are activated by entry. Motion sensor inside my living room when goes off only makes alarm sound, doesnt notify ADT, WTF... Unfortunately, the MF's entered thru my windows that didnt have sensors. Getting window sensors now!

JOHN S.
January 16th, 2019 Allen, TX DETAILS

Had complete home monitoring system except doorbell cameras. After what I believed was extensive research I decided ADT offered what I needed. They installed 2 Ring Doorbells and I bought a Netgear One Touch Screen. Bottom line installation rep was wonderful but the Netgear Product which the ADT Sales Rep stated was costing me almost $200 has a software program that ADT finally told me today they do not plan on fixing. I will live with it’s failing since they offered $59 to buy it back since contrary what the Sales Rep initially told me that was they say it was the price I paid. There are saying that was my cost. This after 4 months of back and forth a everyone within ADT telling me the repair was a work in progress . When considering ADT watch for the bait and switch And be very wary of their Customer Relations people. Further never ask for the telephone number of the local office. THEY CLAIM THEY DON’T KNOW THEM. Worse ever service to the customer!! BAD!!!!

Gail nichols
January 15th, 2019 Westerly, RI DETAILS

I cancelled after 15 yrs with ADT. They are still charging my credit card. I called and they said they have to have 30 days notice so we were charged an extra month but got no services.

DLeon
January 7th, 2019 Fayetteville, GA DETAILS

I was with Brinks Securtiy since 1988 and then in the 2000’s ADT bought out Brinks. Service went down noticeably and my monitoring fee kept creeping up. I’ve bought two homes and moved two times since being with ADT. During the first move, their technician came and did his installation but I noticed that he was constantly on the phone talking to someone and it wasn’t ADT; he was talking to a friend about aftermarket wheels for automobiles. He talked with this person the whole entire time during most of the installation. He finally finished and left. Consequently, he forgot to place a yard sign in my yard and he didn’t apply some of the window sensors correctly and a few were loose. Next, I called ADT to complain to a manager but I noticed the manager sounded lackadaisal after hearing about how he was distracted talking in his cell phone during installation. The manager said she’ll look into the issue; They never called back. ADT scheduled another technician to come back to correctly fix the problem at my home. Next thing I know, they charged me for the visit after getting my first statement. It took several phone calls explaining that their employee didn’t install my alarm correctly the first time and that was why another ADT tech came the second time. They enventually waived one hundred and something fee. My second home I purchased in 2014, again ADT installed the alarm. I knew I should’ve change companies but thought maybe 1st encounter was just bad luck. The next technician incorrectly matched the zones with the panel box and couldn’t figure out the problem. He eventually left and ADT scheduled another tech which came to my home. He seemed to be a more experienced tech. He corrected the problem which took over two hours. I’m now cancelling ADT since I’m now not under contract because they steady keep going up on my monitoring fee. I more thing I noticed with ADT, whenever I call with a question about my system they don’t ask for a pass word. When I had Brinks, they would always ask for a pass word before answering any questions.

JnL Hemaidan
January 4th, 2019 Visalia, CA DETAILS

Líes!!! We are still waiting to get our $206 refund...They promise so much and they do nothing they say! We canceled the alarm on the same day they installed it because it was not what they promised. They immediately charged two months ($98) to monitor an alarm they disabled right after our cancellation request. They have not shown up to collect their outdated equipment, honest to God, there is nothing “SMART” about this company, they are rather sneaky and dishonest...Don’t fall for their advertisements 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Al
December 13th, 2018 Carson, CA DETAILS

Be very cautious about doing business with this company. I had a service person partially install my security system with the promise to return to finish up, however the service person never returned nor did he call to reschedule. The second person contacted me to complete and they never showed instead wanted me to lie to the scheduler that I was not available. Since I was going out of town, I needed a reliable company to install a system I could use. Installation was completed in 3 hours not problem. ADT has offered me nothing short of grief. Since I never signed the contract, they are now asking me to backdate the contract to my installation date and they continue to bill me, yet I am not using their service. What a scam!

Eli Slesk
December 7th, 2018 Alpine, UT DETAILS

Very good customer service. Had an issue with the locks and they couldn’t figure it out on the phone so they sent someone to me free of charge.

Daryl Bilby
November 30th, 2018 Peck, KS DETAILS

I was with protection one since 1997 and was very satisfied, but then they got bought out by ADT and they suck. Tried to cancel service and keep getting a past due bill ,don't have a home phone to monitor called to cancel five times.....run,run run!!!!!

Cody Miller
November 26th, 2018 Brandon, SD DETAILS

Was told about the six month money back which seemed great as I was on deployment and would not be able to use it my self to see if I liked it. Once i was back from deployment the tell me that it was a 30 day trial and will not let me out of my contract as well as will not send me the phone call of the sales rep who told me i had six months

Jeff K
November 26th, 2018 Myrtle Beach, SC DETAILS

I was with ADT for 2.5 years and was moved for work. I told them I had temporary housing and will install service when I get a home. They insisted I pay $319 and I will get it when re-install. Poor customer service. Now you get no money and you lose a customer for life. Too many other choices for Security Services, stay away from them. I wishe I would have read the reviews before I went with ADT.

Robin Gallons
November 26th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I'm really shocked to see so many bad reviews for ADT. I've been a long time customer and have been overall pretty happy with their services. I've seen some cheaper options here and there but have always felt that ADT was a company I can trust. My guess is that a lot of time it's people who have issues that come and write the most reviews. Happy customers don't usually get involved enough to come out and write these. I would research some other review sites to see if these guys are the right choice for you .

Henry Ellis
November 21st, 2018 Yonkers, NY DETAILS

I have the service for about one year The alarm panel keeps making a loud noise for the past two weeks customer service refuses to send a technician to look at it without charging me $138. And when I said that I wanted to cancel the service they wanted to charge me $600 cancellation fee Stay away from ADT. I believe they are better service out there do your homework before you commit to a three year contract

Tawana Murphy
November 16th, 2018 Clarksville, TN DETAILS

Horrible and dishonest. Defenders and ADT. Stay away from them. They lied from the beginning and now I still do not have my refund.

Joesph Shipp
November 13th, 2018 Mobile, AL DETAILS

We had two alarms . At no time did we even get a call from ADT. We now have a billing dispute. ADT customer service person told me that many of the customer service reps lie and promise anything to either sell you an upgrade or to get you off the phone if you have a dispute, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!

Very disappointed customer
November 7th, 2018 Springer, OK DETAILS

Beware of this company!!!!!!! Home was robbed and their keypad smashed and they say they never received a signal! They don’t care and when it comes to refunding your unused monitoring fee good luck getting it.

UncleByrn
November 6th, 2018 Columbia, SC DETAILS

My mother has had ADT for over 15 yrs. She's rented a house since her and my father split and sold there's 7 yrs ago. She moved this week and called them to simply TRANSFER the service. They asked if she was renting at the new residence, and of course, she said yes. They then proceeded to tell her she'd have to qualify for their new rental program. Her score is in the low 600's. They told her she'd have to pay $500 dollars UPFRONT! They told her she had to pay the service up for the year. After 15 years of patronage, they demanded $500 upfront! Out the clear blue! My mother is 68 yrs old and she lives alone. ADT is no greater than a scam company with subpar products. DO YOURESELF A FAVOR and go with a company that knows that everyone willing to pay for the services deserves the service. Find a company that understands the needs of your family and will work with you regardless of credit. Find a company that will VALUE your longevity! ADT is NOT any of those! You're looking to secure your home. You're not looking to finance a new one.

Brin Cook
October 31st, 2018 Marion, IL DETAILS

My wife had ADT and I had ADT prior to our marriage. We consolidated, cancelling her $61.36 @ month contract and transferred my $47.99 contract to her house. She still has $61.36 deducted from her account, even though her account was closed. ADT claims that they have no idea where the $61.36 has gone, even though her bank statement clearly states that the funds went to VSA RECUR ADTSECURITY MYADY.COM 800-238-2727 FL Scam company that continues to bill you months after service is terminated, can't tell you where the funds have gone. Disputing charges with the bank. BE AFRAID OF THIS COMPANY...... VERY AFRAID.

Aneetra Rogers
October 30th, 2018 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS

Adt is a scam they took advantage of my 70 year parent's. My parents already had a system in there house and there guy came in an installed a whole new system which cost them 400$up front and they didn't explain what they were installing they just started working and once everything was done the guy took the old system with him or throw it away without my parents permission. Now that they don't want this crap anymore no one can tell my parents were there old system is and left there wall patches up. I will never do business with this scam company every again. The customer service was just as bad. Adt has a lot of explaining to do I will keep blasting there company out until the end of days this doesn't make sense. I hate adt and everything about there company. You company need close the doors yall stuck.

Lawrence oringel
October 29th, 2018 Vero Beach, FL DETAILS

The people that work in ADT must be brain dead or have difficulty understanding the English language. To say their customer service SUCKS would be giving them a compliment. On October 14th I called ADT and informed them that our alarm started clicking and I had to get a magnifying glass to read what the alarm said as the writing was so small. The first customer service said the battery was low and I needed a new battery. I was informed that there would be a key on top of the alarm box to open the box. I checked and while the last 3 technicians came to our house no one left a key on the top of the box. The customer service representative said they would mail out a key and a new battery. I specifically asked how long it would take and they said I should have it by the end of the week. Two days later the alarm ticking went off and woke us up in the middle of the night. I called customer service and the new customer service representative advised me to hit button 7 twice and that would prevent the ticking to stop. I asked if I could go to an ADT office and pick up a key and a battery and I was told emphatically NO. On Saturday October 27 we came home to find 2 batteries but no key in either battery box. I called ADT again and was told they would have to mail out another key . We have waited TWO weeks and still no solution to our problem. I called and asked again if a local office could mail out a key so I could fix my alarm and they said no. I am certain if I called to order a new fancy system they would have contacted me promptly and installed it as it meant new revenue. However since I was an existing customer the people in customer service that I spoke to used the word apologize for their incompetence. If you have a choice DO NOT CHOOSE ADT.

Joyse
October 19th, 2018 Redding, CA DETAILS

I don't know about anybody else drive had nothing but good luck with ADT here in Redding California. They have been awesome and answer all my questions I have have had no problems whatsoever.

Neil Razdan
October 17th, 2018 Olney, MD DETAILS

ADT MADE ME WISH I HAD STAYED WITH MY EARLIER GUARDIAn SYSTEM. Their tech messed up my landline second time. Last time he tried to install their system, he disconnected the landline, and it remained disconnected for a whole week. They blamed it on phone wiring in the house. Their other person came and unplugged a phone jack from RJ Block, and my phone line started working. Today, again, he did something and killed my landline again, and then he told me it is taking too much time and he has another appointment, and again he blamed it on phone line and asked me to get Verizon in to fix it. Verizon charges over $100 to come and check the inside lines. The washed their hand from the issue, and would not agree to pay Verizon's fees. They wanted to write another contract for downgraded system. I saaid I am not signing any contract until you fix my phone line. Now, I have no phone line and no security system. Does anybody know who to contact and set these SOB's sraightened out!! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT FALL INTO THE TRAP SET BY ADT/PROTECT YOUR HOME/DEFENDER. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT RIP OFFS, CON MEN. READ MY EARLIER REVIEW FOR THESE $%^&***&#^&*

Daniel Najera
October 15th, 2018 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

At first ADT seem like a good idea. but as time went on I came to realize that my alarm system was just another unnecessary bills coming out of my pocket. there were a few occasions when the alarm went off and police were called. after the first time police started Charging me a $30 fee for a false alarm which got expensive real quick. my family didn’t really understand how the system work and used it properly which in turn make things complicated for everyone. Plus their system is so expensive you are better off just buying security cameras on eBay or at the store there are many security cameras with motion sensing apps that will notify you if there is someone in your house or outside. After the second year of having ADT decided to cancel but that turned out to be another problem they weren’t willing to let me cancel early and wanted to make me carry-on with the three-year contract which I thought it was two years I decided to just go ahead and stop payment and they decided to start calling my phone all the time to try and get paid for the last year which I told them they could pick up there security system at my house whenever they wanted to to take care of whatever they need it to I’m not willing to pay more for something that didn’t really help me keep my family secure !

Betul Dogan
September 14th, 2018 Richmond, TX DETAILS

I would give them a 0 star if i could this company is a joke. You will be safer without them and keep your money in your pocket. We had them for 2 years the alarm would go on and we wouldn’t receive a call, the phone would be disconnected and we are supposed to receive call on our cell phone right but no no calls the police doesn’t show up the fire truck doesn’t show up because they don’t actually care to call and check up if you are alright. Go with another company.

Mel Vanden Berg
September 14th, 2018 Ames, IA DETAILS

I have experienced nothing but problems with my $8000 ADT video and alarm security since it was installed 8 months ago. The initial installation was poorly done and several modifications had to be made to get it to work. Since then, I have had chronic problems with loss of computer connection to video, camera failures, and window sensor failures. Almost every month there is a ADT failure. I would not recommend this system and would excercise ADT 6 money back guarantee if it were not 8 months since installed

Baljinder Sohal
September 12th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

Do. It even try or else you will be screwed. I thought I had 3 days after installation to terminate my service but wrong, they back dated my installation in the system and charged me over thousand dollar. Beside the scam their products are really cheap quality the Honeywell panel is really outdated and cheap made in china outdoor camera ughhh. I wish someone had warned me about this.. I thought ADT was long in business so would be reliable Wrong !! Will recommend people to not even attempt to get quote since you will only be step closer to get scammed.

Janet Thomas
September 10th, 2018 Springfield, IL DETAILS

Just installed system. Had no knowledge of DocuSign. I believe everyone should become familiar with DocuSign and reject any company that uses the service. Salesman only arrives with small hand held computer, no paperwork. Salesman does some manipulation without explanation and you agree on price. Forgot to make certain monitoring fee was as discussed on phone. No paperwork given. After he leaves you receive emails to esign documents and complete the sale. Actually everything is already esigned and initialed for you and you are finally looking at a legal contract which was not explained nor had you even seen or accepted and it is legally binding. Thank goodness I read it. Can cancel contract within 3 business days.

Charles Haycock
September 5th, 2018 Milwaukee, WI DETAILS

We just signed up for cameras! Hope it votes well. We are in Wisconsin. We have had good luck with the standard security.

Letasha Gathecha
August 24th, 2018 San Angelo, TX DETAILS

I called ADT a few months ago and had a system installed with a camera and door/window alarms. I was charged over $2000 for the equipment and $69 a month for the monitoring service plus a 3 year contract. Save your money and look for a company without all the extra fees. I wish I had not felt rushed due to my home being vandalized... after all the fees and installation someone is still coming into my fenced yard and vandalizing things...I’m disaapountrd with the service provided. You get 48-72 hours to cancel service...right now the app won’t even let me log in to turn my alarm on and I can’t find a customer service number. Ridiculous!!!

Carol Potts
August 21st, 2018 Racine, WI DETAILS

Several issues with system malfunction related to cellular phone - responsiveness of ADT to down system poor - technicians not available - told different things by different technicians and spent LOTS of time on hold on the phone - very disappointing after having been ADT customer for almost 2 decades - system upgraded 2014. So far this year have had two technician visits - system still non-functional and third scheduled visit technician did not come during scheduled visit times and when I called to reschedule it would be at least a week. I say try another system!

Lesa Burgess
August 21st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Used ADT for a few years and like any product, there were pros and cons. Pros - free installation, six month money back guarantee, your choice of wireless or hardwired service & very good monthly rates. Cons - not a fan of the long term contracts, and thought the customer service was just so-so. Overall, glad I used it but just couldn't afford it after a few years.

Georgia Gatzke
August 15th, 2018 Bremerton, WA DETAILS

We put in an entire system years ago. Have never had any actual system alerts, only false ones and the company cannot explain ANYTHING (or they just won't). Their customer service is crap. Their most recent trick was telling me emphatically over Chat that I HAD to have a service tech come to our house to change battery on my CellGuard panel, only to have the tech tell us CLEARLY that ANYONE can change out this batter, no problems, easy, etc. When I contacted ADT to tell them Chat rep had LIED to me and it cost me almost $100 instead of $18 (for a new battery), then the CSR went right into denial. But I have the Chat Transcript. Also, now that I am hearing damaged, they insist they cannot serve me with anything except phone calls. Therefore, this company is NOT ADA-Compliant. Next stop is state Attorney General's office with complaint and the DOJ about non-ADA compliance.

Ben Crenshaw
August 13th, 2018 Calvert City, KY DETAILS

A lot of these negative reviews are NOT about ADT, but dealers who sell us the monitoring. (Defenders, Safe Streets, Protect Your Home, etc). When dealing with ADT directly, you get a MUCH better experience.