Swann is a security company that is based out of Melbourne, Australia. The company began with a family-owned business that has expanded to include locations in the United States, Hong Kong, Australia, and other major countries.

Swann prides itself on making security advanced, yet easy and having exceptional customer service with 24/7 availability. You can purchase Swann technology directly from its website, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Lowe's, and a variety of other online and in-store retailers. The network of resellers is part of Swann's promise to make its technology easy and accessible to its customers.

Swann offers a variety of products, including indoor and outdoor video surveillance cameras, video recorder options, and other smart home security solutions.

If you want to see what consumers have to say about the security company, you can find Swann reviews below

The Good

• Camera Options
  • Features
  • Swann Pricing
  • Smart Home Options
  • Online Tools
  • Extended Warranty
  • Swann Mobile App

Camera Options

Swann is a smart security company that has a wide range of security cameras and security systems at a very low price. The company stocks well over twenty cameras. Swann's products range in price, which reflects the "do-it-yourself" approach to Swan's branding culture. Customers, depending upon their needs, can select affordable cameras for a home security project or the most expensive cameras to provide the maximum security for a business or other commercial enterprise. Having a variety of options and a wide price range ensures there are security options for most customers.

Swann camera options include bullet cameras, dome cameras, video camera doorbells, and Wi-Fi connection cameras. Individual camera prices range from $59.99 to $399.99. Security systems with additional equipment range from $179 to $2,000

Features

Swann's security cameras include a variety of features such as:

• Motion lighting
  • Heat and motion sensing
  • 2-Way talk
  • Color night vision
  • Weatherproof technology
  • Sirens and spotlights
  • Video analytics

Swann Pricing

Because Swann offers an assortment of security products, there is not an exact price range. Having the freedom to select individual products and not being forced to purchase a large security package ensures more customers have the ability to purchase Swann products, regardless of their budget.

Smart Home Options

Swann offers a variety of smart home options. Swann smart home security includes a wired security kit or a wire-free smart security camera that can detect and record heat and motion. Swann security cameras also have two-way audio so you have capabilities like speaking to someone who is at the front door.

Swann smart home options additionally include live streaming and remote viewing of footage from a mobile device or tablet as well as instant alerts to the Swann app when activity is detected and recorded. The company's security products are compatible with the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, so you can easily control your wireless Swann security cameras and home security system with these smart home devices.

Online Tools

Swann's website has exclusive content resources to help its visitors and potential customers make the best security decisions for them. This includes online video tutorials and how-to guides. This makes it simple for consumers to find the help they need and to research more about Swann and its offerings.

The company's website also has a Security Solution Finder that lets consumers select and compare security systems. If visitors need additional help regarding Swann's products, the company also offers technical support with a wide array of FAQs, customer service support, warranty and return information, and more.

Extended Warranty

Swann Security offers a 12-month warranty on all products. If anything malfunctions, you can send it back and receive a new product. If you contact Swann within 30 days of your purchase, you can also apply for an extended warranty, which is an additional six months of coverage (18 months in total). To be eligible, you need to retain your original purchase receipt or invoice.

Swan's website states that the extended warranty "offer excludes RC toys, Xtreem product range and products purchased as refurbished or open box from SwannStore."

Swann Mobile App

Swann has its own mobile apps that give you access to live footage from your surveillance cameras and push notifications when motion and heat are detected. Because there are multiple apps, Swann's website notes that you should check the model number printed on the video recorder or camera.

This will tell you which mobile app you need. For example, if you have an 8 Channel DVR-4500, that will require the SwannView Plus app. If you have any issues determining which Swann app to download, you can contact the company's tech support or customer service department.

The Bad

• Number of Products
  • Swann Reviews

Number of Products

A point of concern deals with new camera customers being overwhelmed with the number of products available from Swann. While Swann does carry information on some of its bundle packages, it lacks several support options such as PDF manuals and online tutorials. However, the customization of choosing individual Swann products is convenient for many customers and Swann can assist you in selecting the cameras and equipment that is right for you.

Swann Reviews

Swann reviews include some negative comments regarding the company's products. Thankfully, Swann products include a 12-month warranty and are eligible for an additional six-month warranty (18 months in total), so if there are any issues within that time frame, Swann will take care of the problem with a refund or a product replacement.

Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Swann is a security company that offers innovative and wireless surveillance and monitoring technology with an abundance of security equipment. The company provides indoor and outdoor security cameras for more extensive security.

The company has a DIY approach to make installation simple and carefree for consumers and offers a variety of products that consumers can choose from.

Swann security systems include smart home solutions including a mobile app that sends your mobile device push notifications when your security camera motion sensor detects movement. You can also use the app for remote viewing of your digital video recorder as well as to control your Swann products with the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.

Swann is convenient for customers looking to buy individual security products rather than a prearranged security package that is non-customizable and may not include all desired security products.

If you want to learn more about the security provider, check out Swann reviews below. You can also check out full security systems companies if you are interested in professional monitoring and more robust security systems.

View Home Security Camera Companies

Need a Full Home Security System? See Top Companies

1.2

Steve Crowe

January 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Would give zero stars if I could. Shocking service. DVR has packed up, emailed, one response asking for model number, then nothing. Several emails later, still no reply. Don’t bother with this system and buy elsewhere is my recommendation. I ended up binning the Swann system and replacing it with two Ring Floodlight Cams and can confirm that these are an INFINITELY better system.

Cloggie

January 8th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Almost 4 months ago I bought a Swann NVR16-8580 with 2 NHD-885 cameras which are PoE. I'm on a tight budget and had intended to expand the coverage with more cameras at a later date. Almost immediately after installing the first two cameras I noticed the system was frequently shutting down and starting up again. That is, it's not rebooting, it's actually just like it loses power then recovers and starts up again. On some days this has occurred 19 times, 19 times on 1 day! I contacted Swann support and they told me to upgrade the firmware of the NVR. This didn't work so I called them again, now they tell me to upgrade the camera firmware. I have tried firmware upgrades of both the NVR and the cameras. Through diagnosis I have narrowed the fault down to one of the cameras, when this camera is disconnected the system will work fine. I have tried running a different PoE network cable to this camera but the fault still occurs. Now, Swann want me to pull the camera down and mount it in a different location. I've been trying to fix this issue for three months now to no avail. Every time I call Swann they just tell me to try things which I've already tried. I also have a stand alone wifi camera installed on my premises which has it's own dedicated power supply and Swann even tried telling me to disconnect it because it may be drawing too much current from the Swann system! Even after explaining that this wifi camera is not physically connected the Swann NVR, that it has it's own power supply, they still insisted it could be the fault! Three phone calls ago they promised if the fault occurs again they will initiate a warranty claim but now they're dodging that responsibility and blaming the fault on my household electricity wiring. Had I known that Swann would be such a poor company to deal with when it comes to warranty I would never have bought their product. My next step now, sell this system and buy a different brand.

the infamous x

November 25th, 2019 Plattsburgh, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I gave this company one star.... and that was being generous. I purchased this system in January, 2019, and it was installed in late May/early June of the same year. At first it worked fine. The picture was clear, color was good. I loved being able to freeze frames, review events, and access when I was away from home. Then, in late October, one of the cameras stopped working. The connection power from the outlet to the camera was checked. The system was reset and rebooted. The camera was unplugged from one power source and plugged into another. Nothing. No infrared lights showing on the offending camera. Finally, it was time to contact Swann's. I don't do well with instruction over the phone, as I'm a bit technologically challenged, and better understand things in writing. I don't have an hour or so a day to spend on the phone, as I babysit. Also, although I don't consider myself elderly, I do have osteoporosis, and can't be climbing ladders to reach the camera or at least one of the connections. Therefore, I was requesting instruction over email. My first email went unanswered. So, I contacted the seller of the system. He was also in contact with someone at Swann in coordination with myself. After a second email, they finally answered, asking me all the questions that I answered in the first, to which I responded. After a 3rd email, once again asking me questions that had already gotten answered, I started getting upset. It was obvious I was getting a runaround. Their conclusion was that I would have to spend time on the phone with their techs. I just don't have time for that. While I'm doing that, I would have a couple of children taking over the house. Unfortunately, the seller of this product got the same answer from them. All I wanted was a camera to replace the broken one (which was/is obviously still under warranty. If this company is willing to lose one or more customers over a camera which probably costs them $10 to $15, so be it. I'm sick of being a puppet for them. Take my advice, either buy a system that's maintained by a company that cares. Otherwise, you'll be stuck with a bunch of "dummy" cameras hanging on your house.

Jon

November 7th, 2019 Studio City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Swann cameras and DVR/NVR systems are great. But if you have any warranty issues -- you're dead out of luck. I purchased a 16 camera NVR system. All worked except one camera. Support called me back three times with different techs to try and figure out the issue. I told them the camera was just defective. They wouldn't accept that. After six hours and three technicians they finally accepted the camera was defective. A week later I get an email to send back the defective camera and pay the shipping -- so they can attempt to fix it! Not replace it, but try and fix a two week old camera? And by the way you will not get a technician from North America. There is no one to talk to or in charge in the U.S. or Canada. The company is too big and they apparently don't like dealing with customers after they purchase their products. I am on hold again with the service department for almost two hours now.

Necro

October 8th, 2019 Norfolk, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Mine worked ok for about a month, then it went "offline" by itself when I was gone on a two week out of town for work. Came home and reset it, repaired it, got it all back up and running, and a few weeks later it goes "offline" again. I reset it, tried to repair it, and it will not recognise my Wi-fi anymore... I've reset my wifi router about 10 times, and I even went out and bought a new phone because my old Galaxy S5 was kind of old, and I thought that might have been the problem. But now I have a new Galaxy Note 10+ and the camera still won't finish paring. It will go to the step where it see's that there are wi-fi networks available, but it won't list them or connect to any of them. I see negative reviews of this system all over the internet. Swann should issue a recall or replace everyones camera with one that actually works. I can't believe they would release such an unbaked product out into the market. I will never waste my money on anything made by Swann again.

Al pita swann user

September 25th, 2019 Massena, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The nvr 460 is terrible. Need WiFi camera Extension antenna unless the receiver is up the cameras butt. Junk do not buy this

Ray G

September 10th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have just purchased a Swann 3K series wired system, system arrived packaged perfectly in security sealed box. Everything has worked perfectly including network connections to my iphone, video quality of the 5MP cameras is great, Night vision has good range and clarity in IR mode. Everything just works. Hardest part of the entire job was remembering my iphone App store password.

BAW

September 6th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchase a system a few months ago with cameras, alarm remotes and motion sensors. I have had nothing problems from the first day where not all the products arrived. Daily false alarms. Remote camera view doesn't work. Tech support is terrible, weeks of back and forth with no resolution as they can't figure out what the problem is. Today I got over 40 false motion sensor alarms. Camera motion sensor goes off over changes in natural light. Avoid their products as they will only create stress.

T.jimmieson

September 6th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Swann australia after sales service is non existant.have a faulty bullet camera purchased from swann in may 2019. Have sent 7 emails asking for adress to send it.rang their tech help 8 times and get the same respnse,have you done this etc etc,have done everything they say 8 times to no avail.they just will not give an adress.just fobbing me off so as i give up.well it worked i have given up and now will tell the world what swanns idea of help is.

Bertha

August 27th, 2019 West Covina, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We bought the eight camera security unit about four months ago and it was installed about three months ago , Per month ago one of the camera stopped working so I contacted Swan a couple of times customer service and they can’t referring me to technical support and we keep continue to go back-and-forth with no resolution over one non-functioning camera

Paul

August 26th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Unfortunately Swann systems suffer from a huge security flaw as they write your UID, username and password in a plain text file on your hard drive. Depending on which version of the software you use this information is either in your install directory or on your d:\ drive, if you have one. We have two different systems, installed at 2 different premises, using different versions of software. Fresh installs to test the flaw did the same each time. Swann have been aware of the situation for a long time but are doing nothing to fix it or raise awareness so that existing users can take steps to rectify the situation and secure their system.

Fay

August 11th, 2019 Alamo, CA

I bought the system three years ago. I used their customer service a year ago to fix their software issue. But they don't have customer service any longer. The software is extremely outdated, there is no maual for swann view plus.

Nardia

August 5th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Waste of time and money 1st week was amazing, worked really well and was perfect as match my security system. BUT then the issues started. It stopped sending pictures then stopped ringing all together!!! So I took it down to recharge, now it wont even connect!!! After multiple emails and phone calls I am left with an expensive lump of plastic!! Customer service is appalling after email correspondence they palmed me off to their call centre only to have them go through the exact same ‘trouble shooting’ process. I was then told I would have to have an Australian customer service person call me (I am STILL waiting) I did express how important it was as we were going over seas and that was one of the main reasons we brought that particular door bell. When I received no call after 2 weeks I again called them, only to be told ‘someone’ would call me back. Alas no phone call. Once I returned from over seas I again followed up with a phone call and emails and STILL 3 weeks later only the standard ‘someone will be in contact’ Swann are now refusing to upload my review as it apparently doesn’t meet their ‘website guidelines’. Very convenient!!

David

July 31st, 2019 Panama City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought a top Swann system, and on the "day of delivery" the control box was damaged. The delivery box wasn't so it couldn't have been on delivery. I contacted Swann representatives just hours after delivery who gave me the run around, advised they would have to get back to me, and but instead I had to get with them to get them to comply. I purchased the system straight from Swann (They couldn't even confirm it at first) so no questions on it's condition, or warranty would result. After finally getting somebody to acknowledge I had a damaged box I was advised I had to send it in for repair (Yes repair on a unused brand new box),. This was versus just sending me a new one, and getting the old box back. I then had to contact them for postage after they just sent me a confirmation number. They said they forgot to send it. You then have to take it to UPS on your own time for shipping. I waited some time after shipping it off, and never got any notification that they got it. I called and they said they got it, and it was already shipped out, and emailed me the tracking number. The tracking number was wrong I found out when the box was sent to another state. UPS confirmed I was given the number and indicated I was given the wrong number. While waiting for a bought and paid for new system to be repaired the system went on sale twice up to $300 off what I paid. I asked the representative about it as they still had the system box I never used, and was told she couldn't give it to me. After over a month I finally received a system box that I have to see if it works. This system was for new construction as I advised the representatives which means it was needed when it was bought. They didn't appear to care, and now I will have a harder time with install as the house now has drywall up. This company has the worst customer relations, ability to confirm order that were purchased straight through them, lacks consideration or concern for others, and needs some restructuring. It's like they say when you buy a car you don't just buy a car you buy the dealership. I will never buy from this manufacture again as the system might end up being good, but overall it can't overcome this trouble.

Hassan

July 16th, 2019

Ater 8 months one off the 4 camera not working at night, i contacted the support 3 time and every time they ask me to do the same, i sent them a screenshots to the problem but still they want me to hire a technician to do full check to beleave there is on obvious prblem. My advice don't do my mistake don't buy SWANN find cheapest one it work better and you will get better sopport .

Andy Polak

July 15th, 2019 Warren, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Purchased a home security system less than two years ago for $400 and the system has already broke and Swann is not willing to do anything to help me they just told me to buy a new hard drive Prior to purchasing the system I had a cheap security system that didn’t last a year thought I would go to a brand name company and the system would last for years but there are no better than the cheap systems very unhappy and will not purchase another swann product

Leonard Parker

July 15th, 2019 Matteson, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poor video quality and poor customer service. I purchased a 8 channel 4 camera system from a big box store and 4 additional cameras directly from Swann. Two of the cameras that came with the system, the night vision has turned very poor after 4 months! I sent them a picture of the video and they took a months to get back to me, problem never resolved! The camera I purchased directly from Swann one of the cameras was defective straight out of the box and now they are making me jump through hoops to replace it! I will never purchase Swann products again!!!!

Sami

July 1st, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL

I went online to look at products, and the company offered 10% off first order if I provide my information and email. I did, and received an email with a code, which did not work. I had a friend of mine to try the same, he signed up, got a code, and again, it did not work. I tried again with a different email, with same results. It appears tat Swann put out this offer to gather customer information and for no other reason.

Shannon B

June 21st, 2019 Lincoln, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have spent 3 days emailing for technical support. The customer service line only permits tech support via email, no live person to assist. I have gone 3 days with no access or cameras and have asked repeatedly for a tech to call (left my number twice) so I am back online quickly. No calls. Just another email asking where I purchased my equipment. Horrible customer service and tech support.

CL Daugherty Services Auburn California

June 21st, 2019 Auburn, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm not a person who normally writes reviews nor do I look at them because it's usually filled with personal opinions and not facts. Well for some reason I did read a few reviews after being on a sport website. after reading Schwan's reviews and all the people complaining about their product and service I realized the reviews were filled is just that, people complaining about a cheap camera system should have unlimited support and things that were stolen during the non operation of the system like it was swans fault that their stuff was stolen come on people it's where you live not the camera systems they're stealing your stuff grow up you don't get champagne on a beer budget. I've been using in purchasing Swan products for about 20 years now and the one thing I have realized is the abundance of different products for the price range of $14 to well over $1,000 summer quality summer not quality but you don't get these options with a regular security camera company you will pay through your nose and you will always have a tech that comes out to help you navigate your system because they are truly complicated. Swan is geared for do it yourself fur if you are not a do-it-yourselfer do not purchase this product if you are go ahead it's a very reliable product some things that are new in the box yes go bad they've always stood behind their product I've never had a problem exchanging anyting nor have I had continuous product failures everything that I purchased has work for me with the exception of a few things flawlessly for the price you will not get a better system. I noticed some people have complained about things not working after having electricians or other people install them that's not swans problem they offer certified installers for a very cheap price if you're not using one of their certified installers you're gambling on your own it's not the company's fault. People don't realize it when you're installing some of the products even if they are weatherproof doesn't mean they are bulletproof the Sun the rain and the elements have a huge effect on the way these cameras work or operate or can be affected this is why if you're not a do-it-yourselfer and you do not understand certain things about how a security system works you should not buy these products and just purchase a security system from a security company and then you will see how much it really costs and how hard it is to set up the system even with 24-hour support it doesn't mean everything is going to work all the time so with that being said this is what I think of swans products. They are one of the best products you can buy for the money relatively simple to install relatively simple to use and the best part about it is it's at the convenience of almost any of your local brick-and-mortar stores saves you from waiting for delivery of anyting you got Hands-On in the store you can see what you're purchasing and decide a little bit better if that's something you want to buy if you are do it yourself over and looking for a good security system at a low cost these are the products for you they are everywhere and in abundance. You will not get a better product for the price I stand behind Swan because so far after last 20 years they've stood behind me at my numerous different properties and made them much more safer and much more easier for the police to enforce punishment on the crimes that have been committed . thank you Swann for giving me peace of mind and help pursuing Justice where is before I would have just in another victim without a clue what happened or what's going on. Thank you again Swann

Steve

June 20th, 2019 Seneca, IL

I've installed a number of these systems including one at home. They are a great value and provide great video. The ability to view via computer or phone is fantastic.

AN

June 13th, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worse customer service I have ever experienced in my life. They are selling systems that cost several hundred dollars, but they don't provide the kind of service the customer is entitled to after buying their products. I bought a brand new system and 1 of their cameras was absolutely defective, dead. I tried email and a Rep called Charles would email back every 3-4 days. He finally tells me to call via phone for support, but they were worse. They simply did not want to accept that the camera was defective made in China. When they finally realize nothing they were telling me was working, they said they would replace the camera. But I would have to mail it back at my cost. Now this is a system with a 18 month warranty and only 2 months old. A reputable company stands behind their product and gives you a pre-paid mailing label. I will NEVER buy anything from Swann, cause it was and still is a huge disappointment.

joshua hopkins

May 20th, 2019 Pensacola, FL

purchased the 4k 8 camera system to replace an old one, withing the first 3 months one camera went out support said they would replace, now another camera went out. the system is constantly rebooting. find a better system and when you do let me know what it is, sadly my ebay zmodo lasted 5x longer than this.

Kay

May 8th, 2019 Lake Montezuma, AZ

I own 3 sets of swann camera systems for different locations. They have worked fine for several years. Since january of this year I can’t logon and view the cameras remotely. I went to the location for tech support and got the cameras going again and the day after I left was again not able to login and view them remotely. Tech support says you have to go back to the site which is 350 miles away. This company’s cameras are a total waste for security at a different location

FRANK CASTRO

May 2nd, 2019 Kyle, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i BOUGHT THIS SYSTEM WHEN i BUILT MY HOUSE FOUR YEARS AGO AND THEY TOLD ME i WOULD HAVE UNLIMITED PHONE SUPPORT SINCE IT WAS LINKED TO MY SECURITY. NOW I CALL AND THEY WILL NOT ANSWER OR GIVE ME A PROMPT TO TALK LIVE.

Dee Holt

April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased a Swann 2k series 4 camera 1080 P. It has been the worst purchase of my life. After paying electricians over $500 to install the system I was out a thousand dollars. By the time I organised electricians and delivery being 10 days in-transit, at least 3 weeks had gone by. The system is extremely complicated and would not accept my email among other issues and it took a few more weeks for me to figure out that it didn't work like had been promised. The cameras only recorded people moving once they were 6 feet from the camera, and the only thing they would pick up in the distance were 2 or 3 cars a day that drove by my place, when over 100 cars drive by my place a day. And they picked up nothing in my yard or driveway. At 8 weeks they stopped working completely and Swann would not give me a refund as it was over 30 days. Their corporate office wouldn't even give me a reply after that about who would pay for the second install, and why did the cameras not have the range or ability to pick up anything past 6 feet? My 7 foot ladder was stolen during this time and my son's car was broken in to as well. I spent an entire onerous day ( up and down ladders, taking photos of every plug, etc.) with their tech team to confirm to them that the system was indeed not working, and they still would not honor their warranty. Dee Holt

TB

April 17th, 2019 Alamogordo, NM

Swann systems used to be okay...but they sold the business and it has gone down hill ever since. DVR's need updated bad as they lose some of their functionality and are very combersum to use. CS doesn't know what they are doing.

MJohnson

April 2nd, 2019 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought my Swann security camera package about 3 years ago and it worked fine up until just a couple of months ago, now you cant view camera's from remote location or phone. These suck if they are not reliable, I dont know what has happened to their service but they need to fix, and I would not recommend this system at this time.

Avoid Swan Products

March 27th, 2019 Alameda, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This was a complete waste of time and money. I got the two pack, both camera's came on, I made sure to charge them fully before placing them. That is as far as I got, for two days now I've tried to pair the camera to my iphone for viewing, for two days now the only message I get is 'camera offline'. I have them both less than a foot from the router and the wireless signal is good: DOWNLOAD Mbps 71.66 and UPLOAD Mbps 5.87 I work with technology so I know what to look for and how to troubleshoot in proper sequence. Sometimes it's user error, sometimes it's the device that is deficient. In this case, it is a poorly made device. I bought these a while ago and unfortunately can no longer return them because of that. Hopefully, this review saves someone from wasting both their time and money on this garbage.

Gordon Hennings

March 11th, 2019 Richmond, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Save you money. A total loss of $300 spent for this piece of junk made in China. I'm a 40 year electrical engineering veteran in the electronics manufacturing industry so I can lend some credibility to this review. I purchased the NVR 490H two camera system two months ago and I am still having nothing but headaches getting it set up, even with telephone and online help from Swann's third world, english limited (located in India?), tech support people. Swann's downloadable software Apps are full of bugs making wifi connections unstable at best. I discovered after buying the system that the two-way audio only works if you are using the system with one of the Apps intended for use with an Android or IoS cell phone or tablet. It does NOT work with SwannView Link on your desktop Windows PC. One of the two cameras just lost its ability to scan and synchronize to the NVR. The NVR simply no longer recognizes the camera. It's a dead camera now. Don't be fooled by all the fake 5 Star reviews your see on the company's own web site. Look elsewhere and decide for yourself.

Blue

March 11th, 2019

Why are these cameras sold to the general public?! They are garbage! I just moved 1 camera to a new location and now both cameras are not linking to the NVR!😠😠 I called your customer service and they need to escalate cause going through their steps they screwed things up further.😠😠 extremely pissed off!!! Furthermore.... Have English speaking customer service reps....that will make a huge difference. Anytime I get to complain about Swann....I will!

Jennifer corney

February 19th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I paid $200 for 2 cameras and a nvr box. One camera never worked and the other only when it feels like it. Absolute rubbish product.

Tony

February 19th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

More bad news for swann system users. If you continue to buy their junk system, One day you will receive a message as follows: Swann Staff SwannEye HD - Permanent Outage Last Update: Jan 24 2019 11:12pm Swann regrets to inform you that the SwannEye HD platform has ceased operation as of 23 January 2019. This will affect all SwannEye HD devices that connect using the SwannEye HD account service, most notably via the smartphone app. (no compensation or refund) it means Swann company treats their cosumers like an idiot. Stay away from all Swann junk system

Sha

January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Battery sucks. Charging Alert suck. Solar panel aluminum material part easy breakable, so it also sucks. Support guarantee sucks. Could I get my money back? Just a normal computer web cam plus a linux kernel.

Kymberlee Yack

January 17th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

we just moved into a new house and had looked for weeks for a good security camera company. swann had the best reviews and let me just say they did not disappoint. we were so pleased with the service and quality of the product

Ghoul Boi

January 14th, 2019 Wolf Creek, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Egg cam. Shaped like an egg, with feet, connects to WiFi. Has onboard battery, onboard infrared, charges with a micro usb cable or a solar panel. Has onboard video event files accessible remotely, no DVR needed. Portable. Never turns off. Great night vision heat signature, or difference between warm figures and cold backgrounds. Caught critters immediately. Can set in new place every night if want, thanks to included magnetic mount. Weatherproof. Widefield lens. Got cam, mounts, solar panel, and cabling for $99.00 USD. Buying 3 more as soon as I can. Works great. Tested it all week. Good detection. Alerts sent to cellphone thru app. Caught neighbors dog, a fox, wandering chickens, and a cat. Model SWWHD-INTCMSOLTD is a grand slam. Thank you.

Roymattblack

January 14th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT buy a Swann system! The on-screen navigation system if you want to look at any possible recordings is a NIGHTMARE. The WORST user-friendly system of ANYTHING I've ever known. Totally un-intuitive, complicated, unresponsive - AWFUL. Camera quality is mediocre, setup takes forever. I recently had my car keyed right outside with a camera pointing at it. NO WAY can I find a recording. It tells me ALL log files are empty and there are no recordings, yet the system is apparently running. It's going to be dumped for a proper system, not a Mickey-Mouse outfit like this.

Darin MacFarlane

January 7th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give these cameras one star I would. 1st the application does not easily connect to Android I had to connect and open the account with my iphone 1st. 2nd they do not hold a charge indoors let alone outdoors. A week maxium, and does not come with a charger. 3rd tech support is awful takes them an hour to figure out the type of camera then they will never replace anything or take blame. SAve your money or spend the extra one hundred dollars and get cameras that work!

Paul

December 31st, 2018 Tampa, FL

I'm delighted to see the numerous frustrations with Swann support. Me too, and I have a story that should shock you. I cannot record on my Swann system. Twice the local sheriff's office rang my bell asking to see footage that would help them with what they were called about, and twice I told them I have a Swann system and Swann does not have the passwords for their equipment, based on my experience. You see, shortly after I installed the cable-based system (I was in tech) I realized I needed a password to record using the cameras. I called Swann several times (four times) asking for it. Someone in tech support told me they do not have passwords for their DVR decks. I was in tech, and cannot believe that a tech company would not have a database matching serial numbers with passwords. It shouldn't be. So I'll send communication to Swann's executives asking for the password. If that fails, I'll tell their competition about this and let the local law enforcement know that Swann products are not reliable for crime prevention and security. It's unfortunate, I like the products but the money they're spending in tech support is wasted. Happy New Year.

Jarry L Valentine

December 31st, 2018 Whitesburg, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These products are junk. We bought a 900.00 system and after six days one of the IR cameras went out. We called and got nothing but a scripted attempt at customer service. I asked for a supervisor and was told that there were none. Do not buy this product if you want quality, a real warranty or customer service. This company should be investigated for fraud.

Mike

December 21st, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cant believe the reviews here. I went from a Arlo V1 to this and they have been great. Im using the 1080p wifi ones with iphone. Notifications have been instant. A great system for the price point!

JP

December 12th, 2018 Tacoma, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Frist and far most I wish I could had read these review prior to ordering they product. Now I have a friend who have they product and so far no problem , I really having had my product long but customer service SUCK. I will say this to most of these people making comment remember it we all band together and start our own down company here in American. This mess wouldn't be happened.

Arash Kaghazian

November 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought their single camera outdoor home camera system. Its motion detector is so poor, it could not detect a grown man walk in front of it and pick up a box and walk away, in the middle of the day, despite optimised camera settings. Absolute useless.

Danny

November 26th, 2018 West Dundee, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

24/7 Customer support was a joke a pictures of the cameras when they came on the screen were useless. I couldn’t tell if my daughter was African American or Caucasian from 30yrs away (tops). At night it’s even more of a joke

Steve

November 12th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Surprised to read the poor reviews. My experience was different. Telephone support was excellent with patient, knowledgable staff who guided me through a problem and eventually diagnosed that a small battery needed replacing inside the unit. 6 screws later and a new battery fitted and all as new. Great service all round.

Gless

November 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bought Swann NVR 8580 with 2TB storage and 6 x 4k cameras. It has been nothing but problems from the moment received. Audio recording generates so much noise you can hardly hear anyone speaking near the camera for the static noise. You can hear an aeroplane, a siren or a motorcycle hammering down the road - rather hear the conversation near the camera though! Copying the footage into MP4 or AVI and it NOT copies the audio. I phoned support and they said give the police (the investigating officers receiving the footage) the software so they can see/hear the footage. The police are such a regulated organisation, giving them software to install is impossible. How stupid to even suggest it in the first place. The cameras are flipping the images so it records upside down even after the configurations are done. They say I do not qualify for a refund because it it out of the 30-days warranty - I have just checked with trading standards, UK and EU law and because the product is faulty I SHOULD get a refund. Thank god for that - HIKVISION CCTV Equipment here I come!!! Today, Thursday, 1 November 2018, Swann 2nd line support remote controlled into my PC and installed VLC without permission, when I realised what was going on they stopped the installation. Then stalemate because it is THERE RECOMMENDED software so unless I let them install VLC Player we cannot move forward and whether it is working or not I'll not get a refund anyway. My sincere advice, I know you wont take it, but here it is for what it is worth and such that it is, DON'T BUY SWANN, BUY HIKVISION instead. I am probably not going to get my money back so I am going to buy Hikvision anyway because it is better and comes highly recommended by people in the CCTV industry. I will give the Swann 4K CCTV RUBBISH for the kids to play with, it is nothing more than a children's toy so the kids can put it in their toy box. BTW, Swann NVR 8580 is so rubbish. I can say this because it come with 2TB or storage for 8 cameras and each camera needs 6TB or storage for 4K resolution. What does that tell you, they cannot even design their own products. All in all, I am having a bad day with this!

JotRak

October 17th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst most expensive products, troubled us after 3 months of install in the new house and has very very bad tech support and returns policy.

Bob Campbell-Burns

October 9th, 2018

The Swan-link program is terrible and very unfriendly. I found the whole process difficult and impossible to follow.

Herb Estes

September 25th, 2018 Snyder, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Two of our cameras failed after less than a year. Swann customer service gave us the run-around, even though we had registered the product with them. Will never buy another Swann product again.

Murray Stapp

September 17th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have installed a Swann DVR5580 k4 camera system in my house. The actual system installation was easy and got it hooked up to a moniter without too many hassles. And then the nightmare started. Could not get the alerts set up to my phone and could not make sense of Swanns online manual BS. Ended up paying a Tech to come and do it for me. He gave up after 2 hours and it is still not sending alerts. Waste of time and money all because their instructions are written by/for anyone with a computer science degree. Buyers beware!