Wells Fargo Logo

6.7

LAST UPDATED: May 7th, 2021
report_problem

Attention: Wells Fargo does not offer home insurance.

Wells Fargo focuses on banking and financial services. It requires its mortgage clients to have sufficient home insurance coverage until the mortgage is paid off.

Founded in 1998, Wells Fargo specializes in banking and financial services. Although the company does not offer home insurance, it does have helpful information on what kind of coverage it requires its mortgage clients to have until their mortgage is paid off.

If one of its clients does not carry full repair and replacement coverage on the building, it will purchase its own policy and add the premium to the monthly mortgage payment. These lender-issued policies typically have higher rates and only cover the home's structure.

If you're a Wells Fargo mortgage client, be sure you have the right amount of coverage on your home. If your insurance coverage lapsed and you have a lender-issued policy, you can get the lender-issued policy cancelled by buying qualifying coverage and working with Wells Fargo to remove the policy.

Read Wells Fargo Home Insurance Reviews

3.7

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

Got my first home loan through Wells Fargo & was pleased with the apr, loan & how they handle it. I did a jumbo loan so a put a lot of money down to get the mortgage payment down to an affordable month to month payment. My credit score was over 620, so I qualified for other good loans but decided with the jumbo loan.

Reagan Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

Wells Fargo is a good overall company. We've been with them for a long time. They did get a bad reputation recently and for good reason but they did reach out to us and tried to make it right so I give them a little credit. We will watch our accounts a little closer now tho.

Cody Linden Lehi, UT

I had an account with Wells Fargo for only a couple of year but I never had any issues, troubles, or hidden fees nor surprises. Positive experience.

Kristin G Pleasant Grove, UT

Wells Fargo is our home insurance because of the total overall coverage we receive for the great price.

Bella Houtz South Jordan, UT

I got my morgange through wells fargo and they set me up with home insurence. I have not had to file a cliam but it is good pricing, so i am happy.

Kristiane R Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

We use and love Wells Fargo for banking. For our Homeowners insurance we chose to go to a different company with what we felt were better rates..

Tilda Saint George, UT

Our home flooded and they made sure everything in their end was taken care of fast and right.

Darius Williams Alexandria, VA

have them as my primary bank and found out i could get them from insurance was pretty convenient

Haidyn Houtz South Jordan, UT

I do not recommend Wells Fargo at all. They were not very helpful and the customer service was brutal!

Douglas Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

I set up an account which wasn't used often and their hidden fees were terrible.