GEICO Logo

6.0

LAST UPDATED: September 20th, 2022

Well-known for its commercials on car insurance savings, GEICO also offers home insurance quotes.

Its convenient online quote process and common discounts make GEICO worth considering for homeowners insurance.

While GEICO hasn't received many home insurance reviews on BestCompany.com, its initial reviews are largely positive. Of course, nothing conclusive can be said about the customer experience due to the limited data, but GEICO's initial reviews are a promising sign.

Read GEICO Home Insurance Reviews

The Good

• Convenient Quotes
  • Competitive Insurance Coverage
  • Savings Opportunities
  • Online Information for Claims

Convenient Quotes

GEICO makes it easy to view homeowners insurance quotes online. This feature makes it convenient to view insurance rates and coverage options in your area.

GEICO may not issue each home insurance policy it sells. Before buying a policy, check the company issuing the insurance policy and look at its financial strength ratings. High financial strength ratings demonstrate an insurer's financial stability and the likelihood that it will be able to pay claims. High ratings are common among competitive insurance providers.

Competitive Insurance Coverage

Although coverage specifics may vary by insurance provider, you'll be able to find coverage common for the industry through GEICO. Standard homeowners coverage includes dwelling, personal belongings, liability, and loss of use.

The circumstances in which damage to your home are protected under dwelling coverage, known as covered perils, will depend on the policy. However, most policies include coverage for fire and hail.

Liability coverage helps cover costs if someone is injured on your property or if you unintentionally cause damage to someone else's property.

Loss of use coverage helps cover living expenses if your home is uninhabitable.

Since there is some variation, be sure to thoroughly understand the terms and coverage offered before buying a homeowners insurance policy.

Savings Opportunities

GEICO offers several of the common discounts for the industry. You can benefit from discounts for home security systems, smoke detectors, and for having multiple policies through GEICO.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Troy Siren from Gilbert, Arizona

"Bundled my auto and home and through Geico and saved a bunch!"

Although other companies in the industry offer additional discounts, GEICO offers some of the most common ones.

Online Information for Claims

GEICO sells policies from multiple insurers. Fortunately, you can still reference GEICO's website to get necessary information for filing a claim, like phone numbers for their partner insurers.

Be sure to have your homeowners policy details ready so you can contact the right insurer and file your claim.

The Bad

• Insufficient Customer Reviews
  • No Claims-Free Discount

Insufficient Customer Reviews

GEICO homeowners insurance reviews are few on BestCompany.com, so conclusions about customer satisfaction are unavailable. The limited reviews rate GEICO highly, which is a good sign. Reviewers are happy with customer service, rates, and claims processing.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Jim Stewart from Queen Creek, Arizona

"Geico homeowners insurance is the best. Low rates and top notch customer service."

Best Company has many more GEICO customer reviews for auto insurance. A majority of these reviews are positive and express satisfaction with customer service. Although these reviews are for a separate insurance product, it's a good sign that GEICO's positive reviews outnumber negative ones.

No Claims-Free Discount

Some insurers offer discounts for being claims-free. Typically, these discounts are available after a set number of years. GEICO does not mention this discount on its website. If you're interested in this kind of discount, you may need to find another homeowners insurance company.

The Bottom Line

GEICO is a helpful tool for viewing quotes and buying home insurance online. This convenience is GEICO's main advantage.

The company also offers some of the common discounts for the industry, although it does not offer a claims-free discount.

Since GEICO's policies are issued by multiple insurers, the contact information for filing a claim is different for each. However, you can find the necessary information for each GEICO Insurance Agency partner from GEICO's website.

If you're looking for a convenient quote, GEICO home insurance is worth exploring further.

Bob Giovanni Toms River, NJ

I have been with Geico for 14 years. They have consistently proven themselves with claims processing, issuance of payments, coverage availability, advice and discounts. The discounts and award earnings make Geico stand-alone from other insurers. Accident forgiveness, multi policy discounts, driver education, safe driver longevity and the list goes on. Each and every time that I have dealt with Geico I was handled by a US representative who totally understood my needs without any language or knowledge barrier. They are simply the proven best of all companies that I have dealt with over the last 20 plus years.

Sambhav Jain Fremont, CA

The best part dealing with Geico is their customer care. Representatives are easily available and they give enough time to listen to the issues. Even the chat bot is quite good with only required amount of AI. I always talk to the customer care and end up with best deals possible. I took home insurance through Geico and the CC representative spent time in finding the best quote for my house. Geico provide the option for customers to purchase homeowners insurance through its website and agents. Geico functions as a broker and matches customers with third-party home insurers through the Geico Insurance Agency. As of now i do not have anything which i do not like about Gieco.

Samarra Miller St. Petersburg, FL

I decided to switch over to Geico and my agent I have is awesome. She made sure she quoted me the right budget for my pockets. And that there was most important to me. Great service making sure I wasn't over my budget was even better

Cindy Barber Tulsa, OK

Geico offered a great option for us to combine our auto and home insurance, which gave us a lower rate across the board. We've never had to use our home insurance, but knowing that we had it was a wonderful relief - especially at an expense we could afford.

Frank Herbert Los Angeles, CA

I have had my home insured for 5 years with GEICO. I have bundled the policy with my car insurance and actually save a bit of money. They are easy to deal with and it is all done on-line.

Daniel Fowler

GEICO is my current insurance company. I have been with them for many years. I switched because they were the best price, and the review were really good. However, in the last year, my rates have gone up almost 40%. No accidents, no tickets, nothing. I guess it's time to move on to another company.

Bella Mee AL

I enjoyed my experience as a customer of Geico . They were friendly , and knowledgeable concerning my policy I would use them again .

Gia Regina Schertz, TX

GEICO has good, reliable insurance. They have great roadside assistance included and their customer service representatives are usually very professional.

Robert Rootes Bestselling Author Fredericksburg, VA

I had GEICO for almost 20 years before we purchased a house. They claimed to include their homeowner's insurance with their car insurance to make everything easier. It was FAR from easy after that. They use an outside source for homeowner insurance, NOT GEICO. The outside policy holder NEVER bothered to attach our escrow account to the insurance plan. So, every year we had to make phone calls to get the coverage. Worst of all, when we called GEICO the customer service people said oh we don't handle homeowner insurance you have to call the other company. Even though, for home insurance the phone # was the same for both policies. It was all day affair dealing with policy issues. The insurance even sent a notice to cancel the homeowner's insurance because it wasn't paid on time, even though it was an automatic deduction from the escrow account. Nope, it was a mistake to add our home owner's insurance to GEICO and dealing with dead ends and robots on the phone, we dropped both policies with GEICO. Be warned. Never again.

Amanda Milwaukee, WI

As a first time homebuyer, it was a smooth process. Received a lot of education on the different types of coverage and add-ons. Would highly recommend!

Aujana Denver, CO

The agent we spoke to. Took the time to make sure we understand what we were signing up for. Also kept in contact with us to make sure we are happy with our service.

Jim Ahmad Memphis, TN

Customer Centric Mindset was visible via the staff person responding to my queries and asking is anything else I needed help with ?

Brittany Mayes Mooresville, NC

I used the online tool for a quote from Geico. Although I could not find home insurance cheaper than my current company, the website was user friendly. I would consider trying again in the future.

Bess Wilfong St Louis, MO

I think the coverage is misleading and has some holes in it, but the customer service is good.

ivy landry Loganville, GA

premium are too high. they placed someone's ticket info on our account and we dii not receive the full amount back retro to the date the individual received their ticker,

Bob Abaya South San Francisco, CA

I had Geico because when I was young it was a government insurance and my dad was a vet and a postal worker.

zugey muniz Orlando, FL

worst company I ever have to deal with, I try to have insurance with them I paid over $400 but I found a cheaper and better company so i canceled inmediately and they never returned my money back

Brett Schiftner Fort Worth, TX

I was insured by them several years ago and was pleased with their service and prices. A pretty good choice

Sirrah Harris Los Angeles, CA

I like that the service is easy to use through app. I don't like that it gets so expensive.

shawne bradley San Francisco, CA

GEICO prices were way too expensive and the sales representative wasn't very helpful in explanation different plans and rates.

Nishita McLean, VA

I currently have my home insurance with Geico, my previous insurance company was a letdown. When Geico agents heard my issue they immediately jumped in, to help me and signed me up for a better insurance policy. I feel positive that I will not regret it and have no complaints so far.

Megan Weidle Akron, OH

I like their commercials and ease of contact but they're expensive

Jennifer Wasilla, AK

Great customer service and professional support

Rhonda stewart Queen Creek, AZ

Great customer service. Great value for the money. Had geico for years. Always handles my claim professionally and efficiently

Sara Jane Crestwood, KY

Good for us when we were starting out. They pay out claims quickly and efficiently. But when it is time for your family to grow - house - boat - multiple cars. It is time for a change. The low prices reflect minimulistic coverage.

Jim Stewart Queen Creek, AZ

Amber Gilbert, AZ

I feel that the coverage is high for the small amount I have to pay each month.

Taylor Siren Gilbert, AZ

Great rates and best staff that just simply help me save money.

Troy Siren Gilbert, AZ

Bundled my auto and home and through Geico and saved a bunch!