Pier 1 Imports Logo

5.3

LAST UPDATED: March 14th, 2022

Pier 1 imports launched in 1962. For more than 50 years, they have offered consumers a unique inventory of home and furniture products designed to add creative and fun accent pieces to their home. Their inventory includes handcrafted products as well as trends developed by the team at Pier 1 Imports. Consumers will find a large selection of artistically crafted home goods and furniture from dining room furniture to stylish outdoor accessories.

Target Logo
#1 Target chevron_right
IKEA Logo
#2 IKEA chevron_right
Costco Home Logo
#3 Costco Home chevron_right

The Good

• Large product selection
  • Sales and promotions
  • Excellent shipping and delivery options
  • 45-day return window
Pier 1 imports offers customers a large selection of artistically designed home décor and furniture. A list of 10 categories are available which include outdoor, furniture, rugs and curtains, pillows and cushions, dining and entertaining, bedroom, mirrors and wall décor, décor and lighting, seasonal and gifts, clearance and sale. Pier 1 Imports features discounted items and sales promotions on their front page making it easy for customers to access sales as soon as they enter the website. A sales and clearance tab is featured in the list of category selections as well. Customers will find discounts on a large selection of Pier 1 products. For quick access to sales and discounts, consumers are able to sign up for email alerts pertaining to special offers as well as receive 10% off of their next purchase when they sign up. Because Pier 1 offers items available online as well as in their many store locations, free same day in store pick up is available on thousands of products. They also offer several appealing delivery options which make ordering simple for the customer. Customers can expect fairly quick delivery typically within 3 to 7 business days from the order date. Delivery charges start at $5.00 for items $15.00 or less and go up to 10% for items over $400. Customers have the option to select in home delivery where items are delivered within 14 days. White Glove Delivery service is also available for $169. This service includes inspection, unpacking, and assembly in the customer's room of choice. Pier 1 Imports allots 45 days to return products. The original form of payment as well as receipt must be provided with the return. Refunds take up to 14 days to process. If a customer does not have the original receipt, they may still receive store credit or a refund for the current purchase price with a valid form of ID. Customers are able to return items to any of their stores with the required documents.

The Bad

• No available warranty information
  • No product reviews online
We could not find any specific warranty information on the Pier 1 Imports website. Customers may need to contact customer service for warranty information on specific products. A customer service representative may be contacted via phone at 800-245-4595. Another area which is lacking in the online shopping experience for is the ability to read and leave reviews of products. They have a track record of selling high-quality items at a price which is affordable, but having this functionality would make the online shopping experience more complete and give consumers more confidence when buying large items sight-unseen. Shipping charges for Alaska and Hawaii are high and many items may not be available for shipping to AK and HI.

The Bottom Line

Pier 1 Imports offers a wide selection of products with excellent customer service. Their products are unique and well-crafted offering consumers high quality accent pieces for their home. A wide variety of delivery options as well as multiple sales offers and discounts makes shopping easy and affordable. We recommend Pier 1 Imports to customers looking for unique pieces at competitive prices.

4.1

Jaelyn Morris Tallahassee, FL

I love shopping for furniture at Pier 1 Imports. They have lots of styles for lots of different tastes, and they have payment plans. I got my coffee table from Pier 1 and it still looks great after 5 years.

susan Roscommon, MI

The 48" round "Ronan" table I bought is a very nice. The leaf has a fold-up feature and adjustable pegs at the bottom of the legs which was a surprise. The table is well-made, sturdy and attractive. I do, however, feel the table appeared to be all one stain in the photo. I preferred the more natural tone of the top. Easy to assemble. The table doesn't close tightly but I'm still giving it five stars for the price and quality.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

The select items I purchase from Pier 1 Imports are always the ones that get the most compliments. I found the perfect cranberry fairy lights to brighten my garland this Christmas, drawing the eye to the perfect stockings that adorned my mantle. Thank you Pier 1 for always having that perfect something to complete my room!

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Pier 1 Imports offers unique and trendy pieces that are hard to find anywhere else. They offer great design and decorating pieces that give my home a unique flair. With learned sales associates, and great customer care, Pier 1 Imports does a great job of making decorating look easy and my end result is just fabulous!

Julie Kincaid Soldotna, AK

I love shopping at Pier One Imports. I bought a really cute armchair from them this year, and it works well in my sunroom. Their store always smells so good. Sometimes I want to go in there just to smell the place. I signed up for their credit card, because i love the rewards they offer. The employees are always helpful and they make it easy to make returns if necessary. I would recommend them!

Kaylee Lapinskie Foley, AL

Great website. Was able to locate items for my new apartment that were perfect for my patio. Love the colors of cushions available.

Beverly Schacher Gulfport, MS

Pier 1 Imports has great quality, unique items for your home. Their prices seem a little high but not overly so. If you are looking for decorating ideas this place will inspire you! I recommend.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

Our favorite bookcases are from Pier1. They are unique yet classy. They add a great modern touch to our living room. So far they have withstood the test of time and we have been really happy with them.

take7 Sandy, UT

We bought some lighting fixtures and home decor items from here and it was great. It was priced just right to get everything we needed. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We had to return one piece and that wasn't a problem.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Pier 1 Imports is the best at finding Unique furniture pieces. While this might be a retail chain, the furniture products do not feel like assembly line furniture. They offer unique style, refreshingly original and great pricing.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

Pier 1 Imports is my favorite store when it comes to buying new accent rugs for the home. They have the best variety at very excellent prices. My friends always comment, "Where did you get that rug, I love it". I also love the unique picture frames. They are one of a kind.

Lizabeth Augustine Holmdel, NJ

Love Pier 1. Store always looks like you want your house to look but just don't know how to arrange so beautifully. Great for gifts. Always cozy and warm customer service. I think its the store atmosphere.

Syl North Port, FL

I bought my dining chairs from the store in Orlando. The sales associates are helpful, have a positive attitude and friendly. Plus the store is settled beautifully. I recommend it to everyone!

Michelle Schow Saratoga Springs, UT

Pier 1 is a great place to shop for small kitchen essentials. I also like to go there to find birthday presents for friends. They have unique products and their styles are very classy.

Reckholdt Draper, UT

Love their furniture. We got an AMAZING bunk bed from there and we live it. They came and installed it and it was so easy. They also have very cute bedding we have purchased in the past.

Madelyn Madison, MS

Omg! I love love love pier one. It offers so many unique ideas for your home. Lots of beautiful decor. Let's not forget the candles. They smell so wonderful.. I just enjoy visiting as of her as I can.

Martha Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been in Pier 1 Imports many times. However, I purchase items only on occasion. The product is very high quality which you must be willing to pay for. It you like high quality and price this is the place for you.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

I love how not only their decorations change with the seasons, but so does their furniture. I bought my white leather desk chair from there 6 years ago, and it's still in amazing shape.

Brenda Spanish Fork, UT

I love Pier 1 imports. The furniture they have there is unlike anywhere else. I know if I want to find a piece of furniture that is unique pier one imports is the place that I shop.

Beth Farmer Pleasant Grove, UT

So many choices when shopping for furniture! They provide lots of styles. They have trendy and modern pieces but you can also find traditional as well. Easy pick ups and returns.

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

Pier 1 is a great store. My mother in law used to get everything from their store and she got me hooked. There is something for every occasion and every part of the house. They have such fun designs. They are very unique!

Lea Fiscella Clermont, FL

Always really loved their product selection but unfortunately the only ones around me closed

Alexism3201 Bonifay, FL

I love everything I find at Pier 1. I bought decorations for my room from here and love them.

Rylie Crandall Draper, UT

I love Pier 1 imports because they have a fun and unique style of furniture and home products. I love shopping from this store and it's always a fun experience.

Brittany Bray Springville, UT

Pier one has some beautiful stuff. A little pricy, but sometimes I can find good deals. I love walking around the store . If you can shop there. Do it!

H Moore Lehi, UT

Pier 1 Imports has such unique and pretty decorations. I bought some Japanese flower planters there, and they are still my favorite decoration at my house.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

I like shopping at Pier 1 Imports because they have high quality furniture that will last a long time. And I can always easily find what I’m looking for.

Lyssa Havana, FL

I always find the most unique and charming home decor pieces at Pier 1!

Carol Highland, IL

Theywere incredibly helpful, and I just love the dining room table I got there 10 years ago. Beautiful wood.

kayshel Herriman, UT

I enjoy shopping at Pier1 and finding some unique items for good prices. Many of my daily use kitchen items have come from there.

Amanda Montebello, CA

I find Pier 1 imports a great place to purchase flavored large and small items. All my purchases from here always get complimented.

PessoaJ Herriman, UT

I love Pier 1 imports. They have unique great quality items. They often do deals and coupons that make their items very affordable.

Jami Howell Farmington, UT

so many colors and style options, love shopping there and love the quality. I have 8 dining chairs and they have lasted years and years

Jen Paris Concord, CA

I love to buy home accessories, Christmas decorations, candles and gifts at Pier 1! They have unique, affordable and fun items in their stores!

Joy Hill Pleasant Grove, UT

My favorite interior design store. Stuff is funky and cool and not everyone has it. Love their sales they have after big holidays.

Keeli Hansen San Jose, CA

Pier 1 imports makes it so easy to shop and get what you need the easiest way. they help you lift your furnature and get it to your home safely.

Sadie Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

I love the Decour here – I wish I could afford all of it for my house! I usually hold out for Christmas clearance and then stock up

Tracey Garella Edwardsville, IL

Beautiful decor for our home and vacation home.

JD Dunklee Norcross, GA

Pier 1 has really nice furniture that adds a whole new vibe to my place! I love the selection at each store too!

Erin Glendening Livingston, LA

I have bought a couple side tables from Pier 1 imports. They are very durable and their aesthetic is very nice.

Jessica Eagle Mountain, UT

I love pier one. They have amazing customer service and there is always too many great things to choose from.

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

Beautiful furniture. Great craftsmanship and long lasting sturdy. Price can be high but worth the investment.

Jesse Rice Gulfport, MS

Our hurricane glasses and bar stools look great. Thanks Pier 1 Imports for awesome looking products.

Tracy Womack Cedar City, UT

Pier 1 Imports is so easy to find the furniture that I need. All of the furniture I have found there are great quality.

Rathan Kumar Trabuco Canyon, CA

I love their little trinkets and extras you can buy for your home. Great decor at a great price.

AGenes Eagle Mountain, UT

Love the selection at pier 1! It’s the best! A little pricey but always have great products.

fernandopessoa South Jordan, UT

My wife loves to buy holiday decor from pier1. They have unique products at a great price.

LoertscherL Riverton, UT

My wife and I love the styles and quality of furniture and textiles at pier one.

Sandra Douglas Evanston, WY

I bought and out door patio table and chairs that were wonderful. They lasted a long time.

Jon Robinson Riverton, UT

A good place to find unique accent furniture items. The prices tend to be on the higher end.