Pier 1 Imports Logo

7.0

Pier 1 imports launched in 1962. For more than 50 years, they have offered consumers a unique inventory of home and furniture products designed to add creative and fun accent pieces to their home. Their inventory includes handcrafted products as well as trends developed by the team at Pier 1 Imports. Consumers will find a large selection of artistically crafted home goods and furniture from dining room furniture to stylish outdoor accessories.

IKEA Logo
#1 IKEA chevron_right
Target Logo
#2 Target chevron_right
Bed Bath And Beyond Logo
#3 Bed Bath And Beyond chevron_right

The Good

• Large product selection
  • Sales and promotions
  • Excellent shipping and delivery options
  • 45-day return window
Pier 1 imports offers customers a large selection of artistically designed home décor and furniture. A list of 10 categories are available which include outdoor, furniture, rugs and curtains, pillows and cushions, dining and entertaining, bedroom, mirrors and wall décor, décor and lighting, seasonal and gifts, clearance and sale. Pier 1 Imports features discounted items and sales promotions on their front page making it easy for customers to access sales as soon as they enter the website. A sales and clearance tab is featured in the list of category selections as well. Customers will find discounts on a large selection of Pier 1 products. For quick access to sales and discounts, consumers are able to sign up for email alerts pertaining to special offers as well as receive 10% off of their next purchase when they sign up. Because Pier 1 offers items available online as well as in their many store locations, free same day in store pick up is available on thousands of products. They also offer several appealing delivery options which make ordering simple for the customer. Customers can expect fairly quick delivery typically within 3 to 7 business days from the order date. Delivery charges start at $5.00 for items $15.00 or less and go up to 10% for items over $400. Customers have the option to select in home delivery where items are delivered within 14 days. White Glove Delivery service is also available for $169. This service includes inspection, unpacking, and assembly in the customer's room of choice. Pier 1 Imports allots 45 days to return products. The original form of payment as well as receipt must be provided with the return. Refunds take up to 14 days to process. If a customer does not have the original receipt, they may still receive store credit or a refund for the current purchase price with a valid form of ID. Customers are able to return items to any of their stores with the required documents.

The Bad

• No available warranty information
  • No product reviews online
We could not find any specific warranty information on the Pier 1 Imports website. Customers may need to contact customer service for warranty information on specific products. A customer service representative may be contacted via phone at 800-245-4595. Another area which is lacking in the online shopping experience for is the ability to read and leave reviews of products. They have a track record of selling high-quality items at a price which is affordable, but having this functionality would make the online shopping experience more complete and give consumers more confidence when buying large items sight-unseen. Shipping charges for Alaska and Hawaii are high and many items may not be available for shipping to AK and HI.

The Bottom Line

Pier 1 Imports offers a wide selection of products with excellent customer service. Their products are unique and well-crafted offering consumers high quality accent pieces for their home. A wide variety of delivery options as well as multiple sales offers and discounts makes shopping easy and affordable. We recommend Pier 1 Imports to customers looking for unique pieces at competitive prices.

4.1

susan Roscommon, MI

The 48" round "Ronan" table I bought is a very nice. The leaf has a fold-up feature and adjustable pegs at the bottom of the legs which was a surprise. The table is well-made, sturdy and attractive. I do, however, feel the table appeared to be all one stain in the photo. I preferred the more natural tone of the top. Easy to assemble. The table doesn't close tightly but I'm still giving it five stars for the price and quality.

Mary Hardy Charlotte, NC

Pier 1 has cute things but they're really very overpriced. I will say that they have fantastic sales.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

The select items I purchase from Pier 1 Imports are always the ones that get the most compliments. I found the perfect cranberry fairy lights to brighten my garland this Christmas, drawing the eye to the perfect stockings that adorned my mantle. Thank you Pier 1 for always having that perfect something to complete my room!

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Pier 1 Imports offers unique and trendy pieces that are hard to find anywhere else. They offer great design and decorating pieces that give my home a unique flair. With learned sales associates, and great customer care, Pier 1 Imports does a great job of making decorating look easy and my end result is just fabulous!

Wesley Womack

Looking for some coffee mugs, we picked out two stackable identical sets of 4 large mugs. Store associate, said they are on sail tomorrow buy one get the second half off. We asked seeing how we lived 50 miles away if we could have the sale. No we could not, I looked on line, the sale was in fact going on. We went back into the store showed the manager who said the mugs we had were not included, than showed her the picture of the vary same set. She still said no, we said fine we’ll return and order them online for pickup in store for the sale price. She then reluctantly gave us the sale price. It was like the money was coming out of her pocket. Lessons learned, always check the web page before buying at Pier 1.

Julie Kincaid Soldotna, AK

I love shopping at Pier One Imports. I bought a really cute armchair from them this year, and it works well in my sunroom. Their store always smells so good. Sometimes I want to go in there just to smell the place. I signed up for their credit card, because i love the rewards they offer. The employees are always helpful and they make it easy to make returns if necessary. I would recommend them!

Yolanda Briganti Riverton, UT

The Pier 1 near me is going out of business. I thought I might be able to find a mirror for my bathroom there but no such luck. I was not very impressed with the prices for going out of business. I did buy an entry mat there which has held up in some parts.

Beverly Schacher Gulfport, MS

Pier 1 Imports has great quality, unique items for your home. Their prices seem a little high but not overly so. If you are looking for decorating ideas this place will inspire you! I recommend.

Klara Lorinczi Aurora, CO

Some of their products are of mediocre to poor quality. Also, if you purchase a sale item, they won't let you return it or exchange it. You're better off going to Kohls or Walmart. They will allow you to return or exchange anything, sale or not. Pier One doesn't care about their customers, just their profits. I bought a rug there on sale for $200. When I got it home, it was too big for my room. They claim since it was on sale, they can't or won't allow me to exchange it. I called their customer service line and was told the same thing. They just don't care about their customers satisfaction. I recommend everyone be wary of what you buy there. Take a close look at the quality and size since you can't take it back. I think that's very poor company policy - they put their profits ahead of their customer satisfaction. Not good business -same deal that drove Kmart out of business.

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

My realtor gave me a gift card to Pier 1 when I finalized the purchase of my home. That was the first time I had been to the store. I was pleasantly surprised with all the creative odds and ends. I look at Pier 1 as my knick knack store whenever I am needing a small change.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

Our favorite bookcases are from Pier1. They are unique yet classy. They add a great modern touch to our living room. So far they have withstood the test of time and we have been really happy with them.

take7 Sandy, UT

We bought some lighting fixtures and home decor items from here and it was great. It was priced just right to get everything we needed. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We had to return one piece and that wasn't a problem.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Pier 1 Imports is the best at finding Unique furniture pieces. While this might be a retail chain, the furniture products do not feel like assembly line furniture. They offer unique style, refreshingly original and great pricing.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

Pier 1 Imports is my favorite store when it comes to buying new accent rugs for the home. They have the best variety at very excellent prices. My friends always comment, "Where did you get that rug, I love it". I also love the unique picture frames. They are one of a kind.

Kimmi Riverton, UT

They carry beautiful and interesting home decor items. I love looking at their holiday options. It is priced a little high but their staff has always been friendly and helpful.

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

If you are looking to bring a piece of furniture, or an object that will complete your decoration ideas this is the place. You don't have to go to a foreign land to get these items, they are at Pier 1.

Cassidy Gundersen Orem, UT

Pier1 has some of the cutest and quality decor that I can find! I love that everything is unique and ornate. The sales clerks have always been helpful and nice. But, I have a hard time justifying buying much from there because I feel like so much of it is way overpriced.

Cory Carlson Buffalo, MN

On one occasion, ordered in store and paid for in home delivery and assembly. One product in my order showed up UPS and was damaged. When trying to return product, was told that I had to take it back to the store. They were unwilling to work woth me on getting it picked up and replacing the order and getting it shipped as it should have in the first place. On another occasion, placed an online order and the promo code didn't apply. When calling right after the order was placed, I was told they couldn't cancel the order and that I had to let the order ship and I need to take it back to the store. So glad Amazon exists, done with pier one.

Lizabeth Augustine Holmdel, NJ

Love Pier 1. Store always looks like you want your house to look but just don't know how to arrange so beautifully. Great for gifts. Always cozy and warm customer service. I think its the store atmosphere.

Syl North Port, FL

I bought my dining chairs from the store in Orlando. The sales associates are helpful, have a positive attitude and friendly. Plus the store is settled beautifully. I recommend it to everyone!

Michelle Schow Saratoga Springs, UT

Pier 1 is a great place to shop for small kitchen essentials. I also like to go there to find birthday presents for friends. They have unique products and their styles are very classy.

Reckholdt Draper, UT

Love their furniture. We got an AMAZING bunk bed from there and we live it. They came and installed it and it was so easy. They also have very cute bedding we have purchased in the past.

Madelyn Madison, MS

Omg! I love love love pier one. It offers so many unique ideas for your home. Lots of beautiful decor. Let's not forget the candles. They smell so wonderful.. I just enjoy visiting as of her as I can.

Martha Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been in Pier 1 Imports many times. However, I purchase items only on occasion. The product is very high quality which you must be willing to pay for. It you like high quality and price this is the place for you.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

I love how not only their decorations change with the seasons, but so does their furniture. I bought my white leather desk chair from there 6 years ago, and it's still in amazing shape.

While this company is quite expensive and I’ve never had them provide any discounts on anything I was interested in they do have some amazing items that I am able to get as house warming gifts for all the wedding I keep going to.

Madison Scott Pleasant Grove, UT

I have lived and traveled the world and haven't always been in a position to purchase the things that catch my eye when I'm abroad. Pier 1 has given me a way to buy those things that have caught my eye when I've been in all those unique places.

Brenda Spanish Fork, UT

I love Pier 1 imports. The furniture they have there is unlike anywhere else. I know if I want to find a piece of furniture that is unique pier one imports is the place that I shop.

Beth Farmer Pleasant Grove, UT

So many choices when shopping for furniture! They provide lots of styles. They have trendy and modern pieces but you can also find traditional as well. Easy pick ups and returns.

Natalie Dillon Provo, UT

Pier 1 has such a great selection of amazing home products! I love going there to find decor for my home. The customer service in the store has always been fantastic. My only complaint would be that the prices can be a little high for the quality of the products.

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

Pier 1 is a great store. My mother in law used to get everything from their store and she got me hooked. There is something for every occasion and every part of the house. They have such fun designs. They are very unique!

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

I have always loved Pier 1. They have really unique products that you can't get anywhere else. I have heard that many stores are closing so go while you can.

Tomika Leander, TX

I received an email stating my items shipped and received a delivery date. Delivery date came and pass. I call customer relations. I was on hold for one hour. Once someone came on the line. I was told that UPS received the item and did not update there tracking information. I called UPS and they said that was not true. The package was not ordered for pick up or was not dropped. My order was still with the company I ordered. I have now reached out to Pier 1 in their social media accounts. I just want my money back. I will never order from them again.

Daryl B Fayetteville, AR

We shopped Pier 1 and Amoires. They had posted reviews of 2 different Armoire's rated 5.0 from 4 people. The 2nd Armoire different manufacturer and different Armoire had 5.0 rating 4 people same exact verbage as if their pasted and or not the whole honest truth. We were about to purchase the $900 Armoire when we discovered this difference... Really Pier 1

Sandra Smith Jacksonville Beach, FL

Ordered 2 items online that never arrived. Was told 3-5 days, called and was told they couldn’t do anything until 7 days. 7 days passed still no items and the UPS tracking has been sitting on ‘created label’ since day 1. UPS said they never ordered a pick up. I told Pier1 this and they said they can’t cancel the order until another week and they couldn’t see what was going on. Rediculous. All of my other stores purchased from had simple tracking and arrived as stated. Never shopping here again and I want my $320 refunded.

Tom Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

We like the variety of products that Pier 1 offers. The pricing also seems to be very competitive and the quality of the products is good. On occasion we have also purchased some "sale" and "clearance" items that hav been a particularly good bargain. They are worth looking at!

Amy Boren American Fork, UT

I got a great outdoor chair here. I love the colors of the material and the chair is super comfy! I have has it for 5 years and it is starting to wear a little. But for being outside It is great!

Rachel Ellsworth Gilbert, AZ

Pier 1 has so much to offer for the home! Their quality is great and their prices are reasonable. However, their displays are sometimes easy to knock over. More space is needed in the aisles of their stores.

Rylie Crandall Draper, UT

I love Pier 1 imports because they have a fun and unique style of furniture and home products. I love shopping from this store and it's always a fun experience.

Brittany Bray Springville, UT

Pier one has some beautiful stuff. A little pricy, but sometimes I can find good deals. I love walking around the store . If you can shop there. Do it!

H Moore Lehi, UT

Pier 1 Imports has such unique and pretty decorations. I bought some Japanese flower planters there, and they are still my favorite decoration at my house.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

I like shopping at Pier 1 Imports because they have high quality furniture that will last a long time. And I can always easily find what I’m looking for.

Darbles32 Managua, MN

Pier 1 imports has always been on the more expensive side for me but they do have so many things to make your kitchen look fabulous

Carol Highland, IL

Theywere incredibly helpful, and I just love the dining room table I got there 10 years ago. Beautiful wood.

Charlotte Ash Sandy, UT

They provided unique gifts for a good price... i have use many things to decorate my many homes. They have good quality and good service .

Laura Herriman, UT

It is reasonably prices. There are not a as many stores as I would like. But lots of selection once you are in the store.

Mikayla Ralston Gaithersburg, MD

The store is really pretty to look at. However for my family that's about all we could do. It's great quality products but the price is on the higher end

Myken Cheyenne, WY

I LOVE Pier 1. I do think they’re overpriced and I don’t shop there often because I can’t afford to and feel like I can find items that look as good of quality for a lot less money.

kayshel Herriman, UT

I enjoy shopping at Pier1 and finding some unique items for good prices. Many of my daily use kitchen items have come from there.

Audrey Mitchell Managua, MN

Pier 1 has so many decorations for any color scheme you have. The price is more expensive, but you will find what you're looking for if you shop there.