IKEA was established in 1951 and has created incredible relationships with hundreds of retailers internationally. Within the last year, IKEA has had 821 million people visit their 361 IKEA stores worldwide. IKEA offers a great variety of furnishings for every area you are looking for. IKEA stands by their concept of providing a range of home furnishing products that are “affordable to the many people, and not just the few”. They achieve this goal through uniting function, quality, design, value and sustainability.

#2 Target chevron_right
#3 Bed Bath And Beyond chevron_right

The Good

• Large selection
  • Quality customer service
  • Gives back to customers and communities

IKEA is an international business. As mentioned, they have 361 stores worldwide. This information tells us that IKEA has a large selection of product as well as the ability to distribute their furnishings to an array of locations. IKEA strives to help more people live a better life at home through creating realistic and affordable products.

This store highly values its customers, employees, as well as the community. IKEA has set up foundations to help benefit people all around the world. They offer a variety of promotions and are continually encouraging people to create the best deal for their personal situations.

The Bad

• No free shipping
  • Product and service issues

IKEA does not have the option of free shipping. Depending on where the customer lives and what they ordered will determine the total shipping cost, but "free" is not an option. IKEA has had some complaints concerning delivery and collection issues in the past, such as not receiving products by their delivery date or not receiving products entirely.

Other issues individuals have shown concern for include problems with the product or service they purchased. These vary depending on the item and are consistent with other major home furniture companies. Similar to delivery issues, problems are handled by their quality customer service department.

The Bottom Line

Overall, we recommend IKEA for your home furnishing needs. The hiccups or complaints this company has received have been minuscule compared to the amount of success they have attained. They have a large product selection and are focused on providing their customers with the best value, design, and sustainability.   This company is expanding every year and has thousands of employees working hard to create new ideas for your furniture needs as well as improving the transportation and delivery process of its customer's products.   IKEA is continually offering deals and promotions to buyers allowing their products to become even more affordable for the everyday home.

Nicole LeBaron

June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

IKEA is the best! I love how they set up their retail stores and have such a wide variety of furniture to choose from. Lots of inspiration comes from their store which is nice for planning my home.

Nicholas

June 11th, 2019 Lake Villa, IL

So many options when you walk in the store, it really helps to see what design is possible when looking at the full room setups.

Megan trauba

June 11th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love how Ikea is so big. One of my favorite parts is just walking through the store and seeing all the furniture and home decor they have. We shop there a lot when we are remodeling our bedrooms.

Tess L

June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Furniture is normally pretty good, not terrible pricing. If you go into the store they have a good Cafe and a fun shopping experience.

Emily Walker

June 10th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Ikea and all the options they have. Their stores are so big that it is fun to search and find things that you want to buy.

Jacob Shaner

June 10th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is my favorite furniture store! They have really good deals on furniture, kitchen supplies, and other things too. It is a very self-serve kind of store where you find what you need and then take it to the cashier.

Marissa

June 7th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Ikea! Their shipping is outrageous though, so I only ever shop in store and never online. They have wonderful products for a fabulous price.

Kimberly LeBaron

June 6th, 2019 Delta, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You pretty much get what you pay for with IKEA. Their furniture can be pretty cheap, but so are their prices. They have tons of variety and most of its pretty cute! The store can be a bit overwhelming, but they also deliver. Perfect for college students.

Christine Farmer

June 6th, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ikea is a fun store to walk through and get ideas for storage and decorating, especially in small spaces. The products I have bought there, small storage organizers and bookshelves, have served their purpose well and were a good price. I've also picked up a great stockpot and other kitchen items at a great price and have been pleased with the quality.

Natalie Prestwich

June 4th, 2019 Taylorsville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

IKEA has everything you need for your home! I have gotten a few furniture pieces from there that I love. I’ve heard they take a beating if you move with them, but we are still in our first home so they look great and we love them! Some of my favorite things I have gotten from IKEA are the children’s plates, bowls and cups. They are durable and colorful, which my kids love. Another great find is their art supplies. I would have never thought to get stuff like that at IKEA but they have a lot and it’s very affordable! They also have a place you can let your kids play while you shop. I personally haven’t done this yet because one of my kids is too little still and the other wants to go around the store with us because she loves looking at all the displays.

Rylie Crandall

June 3rd, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the prices at IKEA, it appeals to college students and families on budgets. You can find some pretty solid pieces from them. There setup is confusing. Their advertising is clever since you are almost forced to view other things in the store, but I tend to shift away from shopping here if I know I only need an item or two.

Tracy Hill

June 3rd, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

IKEA is a fun shopping experience for the whole family. The only complaint I have is that I can’t just run in and grab something quickly because of the setup of the store. We love the pieces though!

Jaylene

June 3rd, 2019 Holcomb, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

IKEA as a whole is more than just shopping for furniture, it’s an experience for the whole family. With the beautiful/interactive furniture displays and the delicious food court, I am able to take my children shopping with me for hours without them getting bored. In addition to this, the workers at IKEA are extremely helpful in finding me exactly what I need. The wide variety of furniture options (color, size, style) makes it easy for everyone to find something that suits their style. My one complaint is that, because of the quality of the store, it can often get crowded with people. But, that just goes to show how well-loved IKEA is!! Online shopping with IKEA can solve that problem. It’s easy to find the same products online, and they can ship them right to your door!

Dale L Farmer

June 3rd, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enjoyed the great variety of things of which some I didn't even know existed. Good prices and good space saving ideas.

Brittany Bray

June 3rd, 2019 Springville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

IKEA is the best for my home needs. Their stuff is great quality. Most things are priced low and fun to look at.

Beth Farmer

June 3rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ikea is a great place to find anything you need for your home. They normally have very affordable items. Some things I'd avoid as they are not top notch quality. We've had two book shelves that have not lasted very long at all so I refuse to buy more from Ikea. But, they have modern/trendy items for good prices on most things. I have lots of pictures frames in my home from Ikea and end tables. I've also purchased toys from their kids sections and bedding as well. Quality can be a little lower, so don't expect too much! It's sort of a headache to return anything there.

Janessa

May 31st, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love Ikea. The kid place is awesome and being able to see things put together in rooms or how to use them is great. I love the prices and don't mind having to put the items together once bought in order to keep prices low and get them home easier. Returning items is usually always a longer wait and I wish they would get more employees to help out there, but I would guess that's just an issue for my store and not the company as a whole.

Sarah

May 29th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

IKEA is great because of how cheap and affordable it is. But you are definitely paying for what you get. Not everything will last a super long time. I got a tv stand for $40 and it lasted me about 2 years.

Myles Cox

May 29th, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ikea is my go-to for furniture, clean and simple designs and very cheap for what you're getting.

Jamie Doxey

May 28th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love ikea, great prices, customer service, and they are trying to be more environmentally cautious

Liana

May 28th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good products for a great value. You just have to be willing to put in a little extra work assembling it yourself, but I've never had a problem following the instructions.

Julie Kincaid

May 28th, 2019 Soldotna, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been shopping at Ikea since they first opened in the US. I like their store and products so much that when I needed furniture for my new home in Alaska, I flew down to Seattle and bought furniture from them, then arranged to have it shipped home. I love that most of their couches are slipcovered (#6kids) and I love that their furniture like dressers can be shipped cheaply to Alaska because it is flatpacked. I do visit Ikea at least twice a year while traveling, and often find small things to bring home in my suitcase. I wish we had one in Alaska!

Anne Sainsbury

May 28th, 2019 Payson, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used IKEA for a variety of different products. My overall opinion is that these are products priced to sell and to fulfill an immediate need. Larger items (such as bookshelves and a desk) did not hold us as well over time. They were made of synthetic materials and they peeled within two years. Small items such as (Lanterns, vases, dishes, and other household decorations) were priced well and have held up well. My recommendation would be purchasing small decor items here. Larger items will work for a little bit, but they will not hold up for long-time use.

Alyssa skinner

May 24th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve bought a few things from ikea and the quality of there products aren’t bad but it isn’t the best. If you are looking for something that will last a year or so this is the place to go!

Elisa Vakapuna

May 20th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

IKEA has all your wants and needs for your home or open space! We love shopping at ikea!

BLF

May 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love IKEA and the prices you pay for their quality products. Sure you have to put the item together, but the instructions are usually simple and the furniture is great quality. I bought a dresser a few years ago and we like the drawers and the fact that they actually hold clothes. They are deep and sturdy.

Reese

May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love shopping at IKEA! They have a great selection with very modern styles at a great price. I don't even mind putting things together as they have everything you need to do it yourself.

Preston KFowler

May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ikea has a large abundance of products as well as variety. They are excellent in knowing just what to have that everyone wants, although the only downside I would say is that almost everything is build it yourself

Karrie

May 15th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I shop at IKEA very frequently. I love walking down the aisles and finding new things. I love the prices and quality of the products. I usually check at IKEA before going anywhere else.

Kelcee Young

May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love all of the product that ikea sells!! Their products are very good quality!! I love everything Ikea sells and the great employees that work there!!

Jennifer

May 13th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I don't know what is more fun at IKEA, getting amazing deals on furniture, or spending time walking around finding ideas for our house. I have always loved going to IKEA knowing that I will find what I need and pay fractions of the cost at other places. I enjoy putting things together so buying furniture at IKEA doesn't have any drawbacks.

Ashley

May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like buying small furniture from Ikea. My husband doesn't mind putting it together and that is how it is always so cheap! They have such great ideas for storage as well that it helps keep me organized. The chairs for our outdoor table are probably my favorite purchase.

Jen Paxman

February 13th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Although IKEAs furniture is at a low price point, their furniture has never held up well for me. Also, it is always overwhelming to try and assemble a piece of furniture from IKEA. The store itself is also very overwhelming. It is not my favorite store.

McKinzie Figueroa

February 6th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ikea is great. Most of the things in our home are from Ikea. They have very modern furniture that is sold at a very reasonable price. You do have to be willing to put all the product together once you get home. So as long as you have someone who is handy you're in good shape.

Katie Marz

December 19th, 2018 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really like the things I have gotten from Ikea. They always come very consumer friendly to put together and last a long time.

Tanner Cook

December 17th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I Kia furniture has always been a great value. It’s not the highest of quality, but it’s not bad for what you pay. It made setting up for college nice and cheap

Nishita

December 12th, 2018 McLean, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very informed associates helped us get the best price on our new appliances and the best features for our needs.

Eric

November 26th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

IKEA is the best whether you can afford fancy furniture or you're a broke kid getting his first place. I was able to furnish my entire place for about a grand! That includes a couch, bed, tables and so much more.

Shari Evers

September 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I get lost in IKEA, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. They have great prices, but the quality isn't great. My daughter's dresser hasn't held up and it's only a couple of years old.

Kristin G

August 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When we lived in Spain, we shopped at IKEA often. It is amazing what you can fit in a small area when you have to. The only draw back is you have to put the furniture together yourself and it takes forever!

Lesa Burgess

August 21st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Ikea because it's simple, clean & has a lot of organizational stuff that is affordable. I even enjoy putting everything together! I highly recommend Ikea!

Nour

August 9th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

LOVELY . i love IKEA and I always visit it whenever i'm in Cyprus.

Breanne R

August 9th, 2018 Burbank, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never received my dresser. Got charged for it. Have tried calling customer service for over a week and “all circuits are busy”, I’ve emailed, messaged on social medi and no response. Terrible. It should be a crime what they are doing to their customers.

Diana Melnyk

June 25th, 2018

Such useful, well-thought out furniture and storage solutions. I love to shop here for my toddlers too for bedding.

Tysen Rohner

June 20th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Furniture that is sold here is very luxurious, reliable, and modern.

Brayden D.

June 19th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

IKEA is and has always been an outstanding store. We get almost all of our furniture there and it is always fun to see what new items they have in the store.

Sadie Scoville

June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I always go here if I need a bunch of furniture – Cheap prices and I love eating the meatballs at the end!

betsy fowler

June 12th, 2018 Lehi, UT

This store is always a blast to visit. Everyone loves their Swedish meatballs and food, and their furniture is affordable and easy to assemble. I think every room in my house has a product from IKEA!!! The warehouse is so big, you’ll have to be careful not to get lost 😉

CAROLE SCOVILLE

June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

It’s always fun to go browse and IKEA – I’m so inspired by how they decorate their rooms. And I love the lunch at the end

Tom

June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Love the IKEA stores. The selection is not matched anywhere else, they are at a great price and are very modern and up to date in their styles. It is just fun to shop there.