Intro to Compassionate Finance

Compassionate Finance was founded to service those who need assistance with medical expenses but do not have the financial ability to do so when the concern arises. With a personal loan from Compassionate Finance, patients can receive the medical attention they need without having to pay the bill immediately. There are qualifications that need to be met on behalf of the individual prior to receiving a personal loan through Compassionate Finance, but the process prior to enrollment is kept relatively simple.

Denefits chevron_right
3.5
AccessOne MedCard chevron_right
1.6
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Affordable payments
  • Common procedures

Affordable Payments

Compassionate Finance is a lender that provides simple and flexible financing solutions to help patients overcome the financial burdens of healthcare. Through affordable monthly payments, Compassionate Finance makes it easy for individuals to receive the care they need without having to stress the immediate effects of healthcare expenses. If you are looking for medical loans but are worried that you will not qualify because you have a bad credit score, Compassionate Finance is a great place for you.  The only strict requirement that exists according to advertiser disclosure is the existence of an active bank account.  A borrower only needs to prove the existence of such an account and medical expenses will then be eligible for funding.

Health Insurance will not always cover procedures which is where Compassionate Finance comes into play. Whether necessary or aesthetic, Compassionate Finance may be able to cover the qualified procedure.

Some payment plan amounts are determined by the specific procedure or treatment that you receive from your healthcare provider.  The interest rate given to each customer and other fees included are unique to each customer. Financing options are offered for individuals in any circumstance.  Currently Compassionate Finance does not advertise origination fees.

Compassionate Finance claims to have no hidden fees. This should help reduce the costs of medical bills and make medical loans more manageable. The process of approval should take between 30 seconds and one minute.   Once approved, repayment terms are negotiable before the personal loan is given.

Common Procedures

While Compassionate Finance will look at each individual case, there are common procedures that are typically funded and covered. These procedures include:

• Cosmetic - procedures typically funded include reconstructive surgery, breast augmentation, liposuction, laser hair removal, and hair transplants. There are other cosmetic surgeries available for financing, but it will require additional consultation.
  • Dental - for those who do not have dental insurance, or do not have enough, a personal loan is a great way that a loan servicer can help. Typical procedures that are financed include braces and other orthodontic work, veneers, implants, dentures, and root canals.
  • Hearing - the costs associated with innovative hearing aid technology can add up quickly. Compassionate Finance will fund hearing solutions such as: behind the ear, in-the-ear (ITE), in-the-canal (ITC), and completely in-the-canal (CIC).
  • Medical Weight Loss - weight loss procedures typically covered include laparoscopic gastric bypass and laparoscopic gastric banding (Lab Band). These costs are typically not necessary costs, but for those that are seeking help with the payment, Compassionate Finance can be useful.
  • Vision - not everyone has vision coverage in their health insurance plan, but procedures can still be financed. Common vision procedure costs that can be covered include: LASIK, conductive keratoplasty, orthokeratology, and cataract surgery.

There still may be other health procedures that result in large medical bills that Compassionate Finance can help cover. Listed above are strictly common procedures that are financed on a regular basis. To find out if a health procedure can be covered by Compassionate Finance, the individual/patient will need to consult loan servicer directly.

The Bad

• Lack of information
  • Limited providers

Lack of Information

Since each case is analyzed on an individual basis, Compassionate Finance does not disclose typical or average interest rates or additional costs of repayment. A number of factors will go into determining aspects of the loan amounts and loan term.  A few of them are: the Annual Percentage Rate, credit score, credit history, and loan amounts requested.

Limited Providers

Those who decide to get a personal loan from Compassionate Finance to fund their medical expenses will need to use a doctor or dentist that accepts the company's terms. That means an individual cannot go to just any medical providers, they will need to use a provider found within the Compassionate Finance network. Identifying medical providers is simple, but it can be limiting since the patient will only be able to select from pre-approved doctors or dentists.

The Bottom Line

Qualification and application for a personal loan through Compassionate Finance is a quick and straight-forward process. Each individual will need to complete the following process before Compassionate Finance will fund their medical procedure:

1. Identify a Compassionate Finance affiliated doctor or dentist: Compassionate Finance regularly adds new medical providers. Patients will need to use their doctor search tool to find the right provider for their situation.
  2. Submit approval form: After identifying the provider, an individual will need to work with that provider to submit a short application prior to approval. This confidential approval form will be approved (if qualifications are met) within minutes.
  3. Treatment: As soon as a patient is approved, scheduling for the procedure can immediately take place.

After receiving treatment, the patient will then need to start making monthly payments to pay back the loan. This payment plan will be based on a repayment plan established by loan servicers and medical providers in conjunction with the patient.

3.7

Pissed off Customer

January 30th, 2020 Providence, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company sucks. I was wrongfully told I needed a crown for a root canal I needed. I told them I didn't have the full amount to pay and the dentist told me about compassionate financing. I needed the procedure done, so I was left with no choice but to set up an account. I never received a receipt, and email confirmation, or even a written outline of my payments and fees. I was extremely pissed. That is such a bad way to start off. I had literally no documentation of how much and when my money was going to be taken from my bank. Last week, before finally getting the procedure done, the doctor had told me that I never even needed the crown in the first place, which is what I had set up the payment plan for. When setting up my account, I was told by the assistant at the dentist office that it wasn't going to touch my credit. I was never informed of an activation fee or even interest. After all is said and done, I set up and was charged for an account I NEVER needed in the first place and no one will give me my activation fee and interest fee back. I work in customer service and I work for an online business, trust me, you can always refund the customer no matter what the payment was for. All in all, I was WRONGFULLY told I needed to set up this account for a crown I was WRONGFULLY told I needed. This company and Direct Pay Dental are extremely unprofessional and clearly under-trained and I can honestly say the customer service and the experience are less than a "0" rating.

linda callahan

November 5th, 2019 Bartlesville, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Erica was extremely kind and understanding. Very competent in handling my request. Sincerely Linda Callahan

Debbie Rayborn

October 7th, 2019 Montgomery, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thanks you to Erica for helping me through a billing situation. She was kind and very helpful. She also gave me a link so I can now check on my account! Thank you Erica!!

Emma Humiston

October 2nd, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I heard my dentist was using an outside company to collect payments I was worried. However, Compassionate Finance has been so easy and wonderful. I don't know how they are with late payments per se, but when I called customer service, they answered right away, only needed my name and email address (which they somehow already knew...making it so easy), and sent me an email right away confirming I was paid in full. 5 stars.

Isabel conner

May 16th, 2019 Lynchburg, VA

I asked them ,if can they stop my payments for three months when I was out of work and they did with no problem, I really appreciate the support .

John

March 6th, 2019 Superior, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far have not had any issues with this company. I will say that it made getting my dental work paid for a breeze. APR is a tad high but way better then my auto loan was. These guys were able to get my extensive dental work that I desperately needed covered, when everyone one else credit wise has turned me down in the past to help pay the $13,000 cost of the services I needed.

John

January 2nd, 2019 Weymouth, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have contacted Customer Service three times regarding my account, total transparency and a monthly email notification regarding balance due. They put all blame on provider of Dental Practice application process and take no responsibility for providing a monthly balance via email, since they do not send hard copy. Provider told me no on-line application is made without providing a valid customer email address. Yet Compassionate Finance denies this and stated no email address was ever provided, and that applications are accepted without email. Since they do not provide hard-copy then they are in violation of the law. On the second call, they rudely hung up. Terrific.

Cheryl Szpak

October 31st, 2018 Wickliffe, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have had a few rude agents. They do not give options on your account. Its there way and they do not bend. The % on the Account is awful and one company they Work with is horrible. Have filed bankruptcy and they are in it. Never again would I go with them.

Melanie Lewis

July 16th, 2018 South Bend, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called Compassionate Finance just now. Three weeks ago I requested to change a withdrawal date. I asked what date it would be debited from my account. I was told the date. I said "thank you for your help." The Customer Service person didn't say anything else, she hung up. I would not be writing this is she would have acknowledged that the call was going to end, or said "thank you, good day" or something, but she didn't.

Candi Davis

June 27th, 2018 McDonough, GA

As a providers office of dental services, Compassionate Finance is allowing more of our patients to invest in their dental health with a peace of mind. The process is so easy. =) I've had to call support and Twice spoke with Tiffany who was so pleasant and helpful!!!!!

PATRICIA DEIRY

May 29th, 2018 Wylie, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had a dental loan with Compassionate Finance for over 5 years. Without their help I would not have been able to have shoulder replacement surgery. Bacteria free healthy teeth are necessary to help prevent rejection of the artifical joint. They have, over the years, lowered my monthly payments to help me. My favorite customer service representative is Devan H. I have been luckly enough to get her many times when I call in. I always hope she will answer. She is kind, professional and understanding and always does what she says she is going to do. Reliable Devan. Thank you for the great customer service!

Patty Broader

May 25th, 2018 Syracuse, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hi I have dealt with the company for over 5 years - no problems and very nice when I call in - I spoke with Devan today and she was very helpful and informative. No pressure from company . I would recommend - Patty Broader Syracuse NY

Susan

May 23rd, 2018 Yale, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Working with Compassionate Finance has helped our practice grow in the best way possible. We enjoy being able to offer a great financial option for our patients.

Sarah Keith

May 18th, 2018 Fuquay-Varina, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do not provide statements and I have to call to find out what my balance is and they charge a very high % rate which, had I know I would never have agreed as I have never had to pay such a high % rate. I am really not impressed with how they do business and I would never used them again nor would I ever recommend them. I will be speaking with my dentist about them.

Debra

May 10th, 2018 Metairie, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I truly appreciate the service this company offers. Jaritza was really helpful today.

Joe

May 3rd, 2018 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Super easy to work with and fast at responding to all of my questions.

Melissa

May 3rd, 2018 Keller, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

AMAZING customer service!!! They went above and beyond to help me with my concerns.

Danny

May 3rd, 2018 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As a college student with no credit history, I was having a hard time getting a loan for an expensive dental procedure I needed. Compassionate Finance helped me pay for the surgery and has been very easy to work with ever since

Robert Hargrave

May 2nd, 2018 Rockwall, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have an account with them for years and for whatever reason was not able to sign in the Compassionate website. Sent an email to company and Devan H.......Customer Care Specialist responded back and reset my password. Works great. Super company always thinking about the customer. Thanks

Laura

October 27th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Compassionate Finance Helped me get my Wisdom Teeth Removal done. I had really poor a credit due to past Problems, but Compassionate Finance is helping me build my Credit Score ! I couldn't believe just short of 3 months, I've received offers for credit scores, auto loans and other credit benefits due to this company. It's helping me build not just my health, but my Financial credit back to life!

Kandra

October 12th, 2017 Conway, SC

Good interest rate and easy to work with. Their customer service department is helpful and thorough!

Karen Guze

September 26th, 2017

Compassionate Finance customer service is outstanding , especially Devon . I have always had a great experience when in need of contacting them. They were always polite and courteous, and I always felt better in my situation after speaking with them. THANK YOU.

Carissa Hanners

September 20th, 2017 Mesa, AZ

Eritrea has been an absolute joy and pleasure to work with! She has been helpful to me on a very personal level. She has taken the time to ensure that I feel comfortable and that I understand what's going on with my account and payments. She has been extremely kind and patient and even offered to help me discuss problems with the dental office. She has a quality to the way she speaks that is extremely rare; she's not just portraying compassion, she took the time to connect with me as a human and was both empathetic and sympathetic to my life and my journey. She's not only good at what she does, but her soul shines through and that is something that I hope her superiors recognize her for and that she feels treasured. She should never feel anything less than treasured like the jewel she is! I've really never had someone take the time like she has and it is endlessly appreciated!

Michelle

August 30th, 2017

Both Devan and Eritrea have excellent customer service skills. They were so nice and helpful. I am a very satisfied customer!

Margaret

August 23rd, 2017 Milford, NE

Compassion has always been accommodating. I appreciate their prompted request to my e-mails. Eritrea Relayed her empathy for my current situation.

Betsi Drayman

August 15th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

They helped me when no other company would. Dental work is a necessity. Thank you.

Jaime

June 28th, 2017

The customer service representatives are always helpful and friendly. They will always try to do whatever they can to assist you in your situation. I have always had good results when I contact customer service. They realize that we all go through hardships and they always try their best to help you out. They realize that you want to pay back the loan so they make it possible for you to do that. Very happy with customer service so far.

Karen Fair

June 8th, 2017

They are still continuing to take money out of my account at 50 bucks a time. Balance was 167.00 in Jan before payment was made yet still hitting me every month !! Sick of business doing what the hell they want with people's accounts!! This business is for people with low incomes fixed budgets and this is what they do to you!! I'm a single mom getting no help financially raisong my son and they are taking food out of his mouth!!

Jim Fralich

June 1st, 2017 Round Rock, TX

They will continue taking money out of your account even after the loan has been paid. I had to take off work and go to the bank after I found they had taken another payment out in May after the loan had been paid off in April. Watch out for this crooked company.

Shirley Belk

May 4th, 2017 Saint Robert, MO

Have called and held for hours only to be disconnected. Have emailed - no answer. All we want is our payoff amount so we can pay off the loan.

Rebecca Wunder

April 25th, 2017 Gilbert, AZ

The customer service is horrendous.. I spend 45 minutes on hold trying to speak to an admin to reset my account and ended up having to leave a voicemail two seperate times. It says they will get back to you in 24 hours.. still awaiting a call-back 2 days later. I even sent an email request and nothing... Disgraceful service

Joy Yakovlev

April 12th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

There phone service is terrible I tried to call them to pay a bill at my lunch time at work and it wouldn't put me through. I said to press 8 I did and it didn't go. It went through and said I had to make a selection(which I did) and hung up on me. I tried calling several times but it did not go through.

Brent Brown

July 22nd, 2016 Lewisville, TX

I received a payment plan from Compassionate Finance for my dental procedure. The monthly payment was affordable and the interest rate was low compared to other financing options. I would not have been able to get my procedure done if it were not for this option.