Molina Healthcare Logo

Molina Healthcare

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

Dee Houston, TX

If I could give them a -10,000,000,000,000 for their rating I would. I pay all this money each month through marketplace insurance only to spend hours, days and weeks that have gone by and I still can't find a doctor who accepts it. Customer service is rude, unprofessional, and insensitive and does not care. Their provider list is a joke and extremely outdated. I'm am almost in tears. I have had this insurance for 3 months and still cannot find a doctor. The doctor assigned to me by default was arrested in December 2018. This is the most horrible insurance company I've ever had. All I feel like I can do is just try to pray for good health and that nothing happens. I cannot believe that this is a company! Literally every doctor I have called on their PROVIDER list says that they do not accept Molina Marketplace. HORRIBLE-DO NOT GET THIS INSURANCE, you're better off applying for SNAP benefits and getting Medicaid!

Cheryl Cohran

My Mom was there for a couple of months. She was also covered by hospice during her stay. Not much interaction with Molina nurses and CNAs. Hospice took care of her. Having to deal with office personnel was our biggest obstacle and still is! Molina never applied for Medicaid but said theywere in the process. Then we mentioned transferring her to another facility closer to our family and they said THAT facility would have to apply for Medicaid. In the end, I had to apply with a form Molina gave me, hand delivered it to DEFACS in Thomaston and Molina gave me the wrong forms to fill out! I had to sit in DEFACS office and fill out the correct form and the personnel at DEFACS are asking me why am I filling out the forms. Molina should have already done that! Got Medicaid going and my Mom was approved instantly! I had to private pay each month until Medicaid was approved and that was a chunk. Do you think I have been reimbursed yet? I have been given the biggest runaround! Very unprofessional people employed there. One excuse after another. Finally turned it over to an attorney yesterday. The hospice was Sacred Journey, spoke with them today and the woman was laughing in my face! "We don't want you wasting your money on an attorney this is our process". So, so, so many processes. The woman at Sacred Journey wouldn't even let me talk. I finally had to ask her to be quiet so I could talk. Molina and Sacred Journey are a joke as far as their business offices are concerned!!

S. R. Katy, TX

I had Molina health care in 2018, through the Obamacare market place. I would have to say this is the worst insurance company I have ever had in terms of coverages and available doctors in their network. It's clear there is a limited amount of providers to see because 90% of them refuse to deal with Molina healthcare. Doctors tell me it is so hard to get their money for the services they provide that they would rather not deal with them. Also, they want to tell the provider what treatment you should have instead of letting your doctor prescribe your treatment. I have Ulcerative colitis and in 2018 I had a major flare up and nearly had to be hospitalized. Molina put up such a fight over my healthcare costs, I became so stressed out therefore, exacerbating my condition. This year 2019, I opted to go for a higher cost premium insurance company rather than go through that mess ever again.

Pete Stephens Brisbane, QLD

Absolute crap. Can’t pay a Bill online or get into my account for the 3rd time. There tech sucks and I hate them.

andy gladko Vancouver, WA

Make us pay more for bill, that was paid off in full almost 8 months ago! Dishonest insurance company! Shame on you !

Greg Howard Ocala, FL

I paid my premium and there are no doctors that take molina insurance so why are they selling insurance for

sophie do San Antonio, TX

I would do zero star if i could. DO NOT USE THIS INSURANCE !!!! this is the worst insurance company ever. they never pick up the phone and their website is useless.

Maricela Leiker Victorville, CA

Worst insurance I’ve ever had. Please don’t get this insurance, but If you like not being covered anywhere, and being stuck with the bill through the balance billing loophole, this is the insurance for you!

Micaela Castanon Olympia, WA

Forget about Molina's promise to give you to cover prenatal care, they won't even cover an ultrasound and will go on to label it a radiology service! Also they won't cover immunizations without a doctors note... who does that for something everyone needs? AND they make you wait a month before letting you change doctors, even if you call and find out your current doctor was mislabeled by them, and isn't seeing any new adult patients. ugggg.

Toby Dattoma Seattle, WA

My experienceMolina Insurance has been a total disaster. First, the staff there can't answer simple questions, and are also very dishonest. Molina failed me on getting enrolled, overbilled me, and lied to me over and over again. It takes at least 30 mins on hold to speak to someone, and once they're on the phone, they just tell a bunch of lies. Molina does not deserve even one star.

IHateMolina Carrollton, TX

Scam. The coverage was terrible, limited on everything. Canceled in October 2018, but they kept charging me without sending me a notice. Come January 2019, finally got a bill for past months.... I called these people and canceled, even got a conformation. Now it's 2020 and have to file the month of January, and guess what. it lowered the amount I'm getting back on my income taxes. DO NOT GET THIS INSURANCE.

S Blancas Houston, TX

WORTHLESS and deserve zero stars. I could never find a provider to fill my 84 year old mother’s diabetic shoe prescription and hearing aides. Every time I called, I would get different instructions which never worked to get what my mother needed. Additionally, they could not refer her to a dentist because they had none on their network. After more than a year of trying to get services without any success, I changed her to another insurance. I would NOT recommend Molina Health Plan to anyone!

David Smith MD Mt. Pleasant, SC

I pay over $2400 a month for a Molina health policy for my family. None our doctors are covered, and none of our drugs are covered. Even with Prior Authorizations they refused coverage. Even a $17 cholesterol medication was denied. Unbelievable. On top of that every call to customer service means you are going to spend an hour on hold at a minimum. I can not warn you enough.

Pam K Charleston, SC

Update on yesterday's post: No, she didn't call me back before her shift ended. No, she didn't call the pharmacy. Another 2 hour phone call today that I insisted on talking with a supervisor. He said I would receive a phone call by the end of business tomorrow! Ya right. I won't hold my breath. I asked him if I was going to get a refund for the at least 11 days that I have not been able to use the service that I paid for. He said, "NO" I will update if I actually receive resolution tomorrow.

RANDY E Adams Saluda, SC

We took out Molina is was a lot cheaper. Bad mistake deductible was higher than quoted. Call to try get RX filled on the phone and half hour. I was past around. They couldn't get to South Carolina PHARMACY. Call back some problem. Only been with Molina 5 DAYS to long. We will not be keep this Insurance. Very UNHAPPY. Randy A. From South Carolina.

David Mt. Pleasant, SC

My policy hasn’t even taken effect yet and I’m regretting my decision. Molina accidentally debited monthly payment twice. I’ve spent 5-6 hours on the phone (hold mostly) and have been told the money will be returned. It’s been 3 weeks, and not a dome has been returned yet. Missing $700 from my checking account makes it very difficult to pay my bills.

Richard Clapp jr Marysville, OH

This company has a VERY strong urge to play doctor by forcing inappropriate drug trials on it's clients with their fail first and loves to mess with established drug regimens. Been on several for 3 yrs, everything in balance. Molina blundered in like a bull in a China shop. Took months to straighten out the mess Molina made and two urgent Care visits. They are not doctors, but sure think they are! Avoid.

K Johnson Vancouver, WA

This company is a nightmare to deal with. I have spent hours on the phone trying to get a straight answer about what they will pay, based on my plan, for a minor surgical procedure. I have gotten misinformation and conflicting information, and outright lies. At over $1,000 per month for healthcare premiums, there is absolutely no excuse for this amount of complete incompetence !!!

Rebecca L Mantei Spokane, WA

The only issue I have is that Molina needs to change their vision coverage provider. VSP is terrible. What good is it to have the exam covered once a year and not the lenses/frames. I am now stuck wearing a pair of glasses that are 4 years old until after the first of the year. I am completely embarrassed because I did not know and it is not explained in the coverage handbook that the lenses & frames coverage is every other year. Not impressed.

RWig Albuquerque, NM

DO NOT GET MOLINA!!!! I had Molina for almost a year until I could not handle it anymore. The options for providers is little to none. Even to fill a prescription was a hassle due to them not being in contract with hardly any pharmacy's.. The worst part is the customer service, AWFUL. They are rude and not helpful what-so-ever. Even cancelling my coverage was a pain... They give you the run around for everything and never have answers. Very little options are in network for Molina, I do not recommend.

Melinda Diamond Houston, TX

Horrible Insurance Provider. I feel I should have received a full refunds. They provide you a provider list. You have to call for 2-4 hours to only hear over and over. We don't take this insurance, but they were on the provider list. Terrible. Everyone needs to run. It was horrible. When you are sick, paying that type of money on a monthly basis, and you can't find a doctor. Terrible.

Barb Troy, MI

From a service perspective, they are terrible. You can't talk to anyone in the area that you need to. Authorizations are denied at a very high rate with no explanation. Most of the companies have stopped accepting this insurance or only will accept patients after auth has been approved which is too late in most cases.

Pauline Miami, FL

Every test submitted for my husband and I by our doctor was denied. We have been fighting to get our prior authorizations covered but they refuse. We pay 1100 a month out of fear of not having insurance but Molina doesn't cover anything. We will switch next year for sure.

phairest Dallas, TX

Incredibly difficult to even find a provider- the list Molina provides is always terribly outdated, clearly nobody is tasked with keeping provider list updated. Expect to spend a ton of time calling to verify coverage and only finding dead ends.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

I had Molina healthcare in a transition between insurances through medicaid and I would have problems everywhere I went. Either it was not accepted or it barely covered anything.

Michelle Schow Saratoga Springs, UT

Molina has some great healthcare insurance coverage options. If you live in Utah, their network of provider is more limited than other insurance providers.

James Brighton, MI

Brendan Prout

Customer service & phone system is horribly outdated, but the actual medical care is great!

Craig Temecula, CA

Terrible customer service. Half the providers they list no longer take the insurance. After 3 months I have been unable to find a provider and have not been able to see a doctor. Zero stars

Gabrielle Tollerson Cincinnati, OH

just out of the blue terminated my coverage..it's like they don't want to cover anyone..they take money from people but don't want to do what they're there to do. It's a scam.

L Mills Houston, TX

I cannot find an endocrinologist or gynecologist who takes Molina. They will only take the Medicare package, not the Marketplace insurance. This provider list is a JOKE. I am just sick of this.

Joseph Presseisen Dallas, TX

If I could give zero stars I would this is a scam they won't cover preexisting conditions even though they say they do . I've been waited over a month

Massie Dodd Charlotte, NC

I've been without an important medication for more than a month waiting for prior approval. Not good at all. If it's not generic there is to much hesitation

J Connelly Saratoga Springs, UT

Had Molina for a year. Not a lot of our providers took Molina so that was a little frustrating.

Gabrielle L Tollerson , PA

They did not cover anything they were supposed then I get left with expensive bills. They are a bullcrap scam company

Tiutimova Palatine, IL

The worst insurance that can be. Covered ZERO!!! Customer service never NOT available!! sorry to waste time!!!

Lukasz Seattle, WA

If there is a hold on your medication, you are in for a battle. Hope you don’t die!

Krishna Parikh

Rate is good but coverage area is very limited

Charles

Nice people but slow to pay when they owe you a appeal refund.