Molina Healthcare Logo

Molina Healthcare

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

3.9

Tao Santa Fe, NM

I talked to Molina reps BEFORE I chose the company & they blatantly lied about the doctors on their list. Primary care doctor was rude & treated me like one of the "cheap" patients because I was using Molina. The PCP gave me a referral for a Gastroenterologist- no gastroenterologist's in the state of New Mexico will take Molina, NOT ONE. 3 of the offices told me they informed Molina that they would no longer accept their plans & Molina has refused to remove from their website the list of doctors & clinics that dropped them. Government (our taxes) paid Molina around $6000 for my plan - I got to have a $314 doctor visit & referrals that I cannot use & paid that doctor $35 co-pay. AVOID!!

chey Olympia, WA

I wish there was a zero star rating. Molina automatically rejects every claim. 99% of the doctor do not work with Molina. I wanted to see an allergist and got denied because Molina said they would not work with that doctor even though that Dr takes our Molina Marketplace insurance. Every prescription I have ever tried to fill gets automatically denied. I have spent more time getting the run around and less time getting my health issue resolved. NOBODY takes this insurance and if there somebody out there they are an hour or more away from where I live in Olympia WA. We pay $1,500 per month for this insurance that really is not an insurance at all . I have been forced to pay cash for all my doctors visits because I don't have time to deal with the constant denials. Changing insurances next year. I don't normally leave reviews places but I wanted to warn anyone considering this fraudulent insurance company.

MB Waukesha, WI

I have had Molina 3 different times. They were the most affordable plan on my limited income. However, I always had the problem of trying to find any doctors or services that would accept my insurance plan because doc find is extremely outdated. This time is the worst though. I sent in two claims for a podiatrist and a PT. Both times they told me they were out of network and no payment. That was not the case. They told me that my PT wasn't being paid because his certification expired. That was not the case. Still working on $500 bill for one podiatrist visit. Also fired a complaint on podiatrist because visit was a nightmare! He was terrible. When I called previously , they have no record of any of my calls. I'm glad I'm retired because I've spent a lot of time on just two visits. So, the insurance is fine, as long as you never have to use it!

J Dallas, TX

I spent over an hour on the phone trying to find a provider that actually takes their insurance. They list they provided is completely inaccurate (the doctors listed don't accept the insurance, they're no longer working there, the phone numbers are wrong, doctors names are listed multiple times, etc.). I was on page 5 before I found someone, and that's after extending my search to doctors that are an hour away. There's a link at the bottom of the provider search page to take their "Provider Online Directory Survey," but surprise surprise the link doesn't work. Every doctor's office I spoke to said they have filled out the paperwork and asked Molina to take them off their system, but they still get calls daily from frustrated people like me that are desperately searching for a doctor.

FEHUNT

Chose a PCP on the list on their website in January. Tried to make an appt in April to get established - this provider is not a contracted provider - Molina "let them go". On the phone back and forth with provider and Molina - finally doc himself called me to say he called the number he has through his dealings with Molina -- and he is NOT a provider. Started calling in order of distance - severall others were also "fired" or let go - or they chose not to do business with Molina - or they were urgent care providers, surgeons, pediatricians, etc. I finally found a PCP provider on PAGE 22!!!!! (10 per page!!!!) who is a contracted provider in network that I can make an appt with. But when you change your primary you have to wait till the 1st of the following month (or 2 months if it you change PCP after the 25th) to be able to see that provider even though the one I chose according to their website and verbal "yes he is a provider" from the 800 number was not true and I would have had to pay out of pocket - HORRIBLE, AWFUL INSURANCE COMPANY - the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. I am a 60-year-old and have dealt with many insurance companies over the years. CHOOSE SOMEONE ELSE - STAY AWAY

Marge Seattle, WA

I hate this company. Everything they do is designed to make sure that they pay for nothing. I had a doctor covered by Molina so I had to sign up for it. It's expensive. They cover nothing--they denied extended PT, in spite of documented medical need. They denied a CT scan recommended by my doctor. Really, if I get run over by a truck, they might cover a little bit, but probably only a little. Walgreens won't fill prescriptions by Molina. My doctor's mammograms aren't covered--have to go many miles away for one Molina has bargained with down to the bare bones. Hate, hate, hate and despise. It's not like I'm not paying a ton for the privilege of maybe being covered when the truck hits me. I'm paying almost $900 a month for crap coverage. I can't wait for the year to end to get another company.

Dee Houston, TX

If I could give them a -10,000,000,000,000 for their rating I would. I pay all this money each month through marketplace insurance only to spend hours, days and weeks that have gone by and I still can't find a doctor who accepts it. Customer service is rude, unprofessional, and insensitive and does not care. Their provider list is a joke and extremely outdated. I'm am almost in tears. I have had this insurance for 3 months and still cannot find a doctor. The doctor assigned to me by default was arrested in December 2018. This is the most horrible insurance company I've ever had. All I feel like I can do is just try to pray for good health and that nothing happens. I cannot believe that this is a company! Literally every doctor I have called on their PROVIDER list says that they do not accept Molina Marketplace. HORRIBLE-DO NOT GET THIS INSURANCE, you're better off applying for SNAP benefits and getting Medicaid!

Cheryl Cohran

My Mom was there for a couple of months. She was also covered by hospice during her stay. Not much interaction with Molina nurses and CNAs. Hospice took care of her. Having to deal with office personnel was our biggest obstacle and still is! Molina never applied for Medicaid but said theywere in the process. Then we mentioned transferring her to another facility closer to our family and they said THAT facility would have to apply for Medicaid. In the end, I had to apply with a form Molina gave me, hand delivered it to DEFACS in Thomaston and Molina gave me the wrong forms to fill out! I had to sit in DEFACS office and fill out the correct form and the personnel at DEFACS are asking me why am I filling out the forms. Molina should have already done that! Got Medicaid going and my Mom was approved instantly! I had to private pay each month until Medicaid was approved and that was a chunk. Do you think I have been reimbursed yet? I have been given the biggest runaround! Very unprofessional people employed there. One excuse after another. Finally turned it over to an attorney yesterday. The hospice was Sacred Journey, spoke with them today and the woman was laughing in my face! "We don't want you wasting your money on an attorney this is our process". So, so, so many processes. The woman at Sacred Journey wouldn't even let me talk. I finally had to ask her to be quiet so I could talk. Molina and Sacred Journey are a joke as far as their business offices are concerned!!

S. R. Katy, TX

I had Molina health care in 2018, through the Obamacare market place. I would have to say this is the worst insurance company I have ever had in terms of coverages and available doctors in their network. It's clear there is a limited amount of providers to see because 90% of them refuse to deal with Molina healthcare. Doctors tell me it is so hard to get their money for the services they provide that they would rather not deal with them. Also, they want to tell the provider what treatment you should have instead of letting your doctor prescribe your treatment. I have Ulcerative colitis and in 2018 I had a major flare up and nearly had to be hospitalized. Molina put up such a fight over my healthcare costs, I became so stressed out therefore, exacerbating my condition. This year 2019, I opted to go for a higher cost premium insurance company rather than go through that mess ever again.

Stephan Krasner Portland, OR

Molina is a complete scam. They charge you for service but deny every claim and intentionally lead you down a path that leaves you with the entire bill. They have no customer service number. They won't even provide you with a general doctor. Every doctor they refer you to is not actually in network.

Meleah Nunn Ann Arbor, MI

Molina Marketplace is terrible. Their website is not up to date. Their payment summary is not updated either. They terminated my insurance prematurely saying I owed money I didn’t owe. They then sent me a refund for some money I sent except for $113 that they say I owed that I didn’t. I contacted them multiple times before that. Their customer service is terrible. Despite the stressful situation, I’m glad I have a new and better health insurance now.

Bob Columbia, SC

Horrible coverage. It actually covers NOTHING I have submitted. For example, my doctor had me do a sleep study for sleep apnea. Molina not only didnt cover my sleep study, but wrote me a letter saying although I have sleep apnea I don't qualify for coverage for a machine!!!! This coverage is the worst you can possibly get and NOTHING is covered. Get anything else... literally anything.

jonesaw Houston, TX

Molina is a pathetic excuse for an insurance company. They cannot properly bill customers. It took them 2 months to get me info to be able to log in to get an insurance card. They excel at transferring your calls and putting you on hold for hours on end. They claim Memorial Hermann (is in network) in Houston, TX but almost none of the doctors at MH are in network. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra $20/month and use someone like BCBS or Etna.

Mike Baldwinsville, NY

As a physician, I am routinely frustrated by Molina's unwillingness to approve appropriate procedures. They routinely deny things that all other insurance companies will cover. We are often forced to do peer-to-peer reviews with someone who is not connected to patient care, which is time consuming and insulting. Have had to threaten legal intervention to get things done. Stay away!!

Say No To Molina Medina, OH

Horrible horrible insurance. If I could give them a zero I would. They do not care if you are in terrible pain they will deny a procedure even after they tell your dr its a covered procedure and your case worker also tells you the procedure you need is covered. Don't depend on this company to care about you or your loved ones. If you hear the words Molina Healthcare run!!!! Medicare and Medicaid should be ashamed to be associated with this company.

jody albright Seattle, WA

Molina does everything it can to not approve tests and treatment for mental health issues, dementia, and potential Alzheimers. We have been struggling to understand the issues with a brain that has shut down in a few lobes and Molina will not approve the required tests and procedures to adequately assess the issues and define a treatment plan for the near and far future. It is such a sad, sad situation.

Micaela Castanon Olympia, WA

Forget about Molina's promise to give you to cover prenatal care, they won't even cover an ultrasound and will go on to label it a radiology service! Also they won't cover immunizations without a doctors note... who does that for something everyone needs? AND they make you wait a month before letting you change doctors, even if you call and find out your current doctor was mislabeled by them, and isn't seeing any new adult patients. ugggg.

Toby Dattoma Seattle, WA

My experienceMolina Insurance has been a total disaster. First, the staff there can't answer simple questions, and are also very dishonest. Molina failed me on getting enrolled, overbilled me, and lied to me over and over again. It takes at least 30 mins on hold to speak to someone, and once they're on the phone, they just tell a bunch of lies. Molina does not deserve even one star.

IHateMolina Carrollton, TX

Scam. The coverage was terrible, limited on everything. Canceled in October 2018, but they kept charging me without sending me a notice. Come January 2019, finally got a bill for past months.... I called these people and canceled, even got a conformation. Now it's 2020 and have to file the month of January, and guess what. it lowered the amount I'm getting back on my income taxes. DO NOT GET THIS INSURANCE.

S Blancas Houston, TX

WORTHLESS and deserve zero stars. I could never find a provider to fill my 84 year old mother’s diabetic shoe prescription and hearing aides. Every time I called, I would get different instructions which never worked to get what my mother needed. Additionally, they could not refer her to a dentist because they had none on their network. After more than a year of trying to get services without any success, I changed her to another insurance. I would NOT recommend Molina Health Plan to anyone!

David Smith MD Mt. Pleasant, SC

I pay over $2400 a month for a Molina health policy for my family. None our doctors are covered, and none of our drugs are covered. Even with Prior Authorizations they refused coverage. Even a $17 cholesterol medication was denied. Unbelievable. On top of that every call to customer service means you are going to spend an hour on hold at a minimum. I can not warn you enough.

Pam K Charleston, SC

Update on yesterday's post: No, she didn't call me back before her shift ended. No, she didn't call the pharmacy. Another 2 hour phone call today that I insisted on talking with a supervisor. He said I would receive a phone call by the end of business tomorrow! Ya right. I won't hold my breath. I asked him if I was going to get a refund for the at least 11 days that I have not been able to use the service that I paid for. He said, "NO" I will update if I actually receive resolution tomorrow.

RANDY E Adams Saluda, SC

We took out Molina is was a lot cheaper. Bad mistake deductible was higher than quoted. Call to try get RX filled on the phone and half hour. I was past around. They couldn't get to South Carolina PHARMACY. Call back some problem. Only been with Molina 5 DAYS to long. We will not be keep this Insurance. Very UNHAPPY. Randy A. From South Carolina.

David Mt. Pleasant, SC

My policy hasn’t even taken effect yet and I’m regretting my decision. Molina accidentally debited monthly payment twice. I’ve spent 5-6 hours on the phone (hold mostly) and have been told the money will be returned. It’s been 3 weeks, and not a dome has been returned yet. Missing $700 from my checking account makes it very difficult to pay my bills.

Richard Clapp jr Marysville, OH

This company has a VERY strong urge to play doctor by forcing inappropriate drug trials on it's clients with their fail first and loves to mess with established drug regimens. Been on several for 3 yrs, everything in balance. Molina blundered in like a bull in a China shop. Took months to straighten out the mess Molina made and two urgent Care visits. They are not doctors, but sure think they are! Avoid.

K Johnson Vancouver, WA

This company is a nightmare to deal with. I have spent hours on the phone trying to get a straight answer about what they will pay, based on my plan, for a minor surgical procedure. I have gotten misinformation and conflicting information, and outright lies. At over $1,000 per month for healthcare premiums, there is absolutely no excuse for this amount of complete incompetence !!!

Rebecca L Mantei Spokane, WA

The only issue I have is that Molina needs to change their vision coverage provider. VSP is terrible. What good is it to have the exam covered once a year and not the lenses/frames. I am now stuck wearing a pair of glasses that are 4 years old until after the first of the year. I am completely embarrassed because I did not know and it is not explained in the coverage handbook that the lenses & frames coverage is every other year. Not impressed.

RWig Albuquerque, NM

DO NOT GET MOLINA!!!! I had Molina for almost a year until I could not handle it anymore. The options for providers is little to none. Even to fill a prescription was a hassle due to them not being in contract with hardly any pharmacy's.. The worst part is the customer service, AWFUL. They are rude and not helpful what-so-ever. Even cancelling my coverage was a pain... They give you the run around for everything and never have answers. Very little options are in network for Molina, I do not recommend.

Melinda Diamond Houston, TX

Horrible Insurance Provider. I feel I should have received a full refunds. They provide you a provider list. You have to call for 2-4 hours to only hear over and over. We don't take this insurance, but they were on the provider list. Terrible. Everyone needs to run. It was horrible. When you are sick, paying that type of money on a monthly basis, and you can't find a doctor. Terrible.

Phil Denton Sugar Land, TX

The worst must expensive insurance I have ever used my cost have gone up 3X Terrible website No service I can't find a decent Doctor who takes Molina

Pierre Schmidt Chicago, IL

STAY AWAY FROM MOLINA HEALTHCARE Could not wait any longer for prior authorization for medication to be processed. Company refused to reimburse me later if I paid the pharmacy out of pocket. In light of the above, it is clear that Molina puts itself first and the patient last.

Cynthia Ladson, SC

DO NOT USE. THEY MISAPPLY PREMIUM PAYMENTS, THEN THEY WILL CANCEL YOUR COVERAGE FOR NON-PAYMENT, THEY DO NOT SERVICE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER (ABSOLUTELY NO LIVE PERSON AFTER NUMEROUS HOURS OF HOLD TIME), THEY ARE NEGLIGENT TO ADDRESS AND RESOLVE ISSUES. ***DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY***

Dawuds davidpearose San Antonio, TX

the worst company I have ever dealt with. You better not have a job because dealing with them is a full time job. You will play your premium, they will say you haven't, and then your insurance will be canceled. You will then need to spend hours on the phone week after week trying to just get what you pay for

Len Pawlak Tomahawk, WI

Horrible company! Totally unresponsive by phone and website. Unable to even log into my molina.com. Going to file a complaint with BBB and Wisconsin State Attorney General. This company is ripping off people and the government. They should be investigated which should result in their being taken off of the Healthcare marketplace.

Tpr Poway, CA

Simply horrible. I cannot ever get my bill correct. My wife and I have been on the phone for hours with them. Trust me when you contact them you can guarantee the problem will not be solved, even when you think it is. IF I WAS YOU, GO ELSEWHERE.

Bonnie winner Elyria, OH

They will not pay for my blood thinner meds. I had to go to the hospital for a blood clot and the insurance will not pay the hospital bill. They said I did not need to be in the hospital and i do not need the meds. Can not wait to get rid of them. Guess I had to be almost on my death bed before they pay for anything

Jorge Calix Charlotte, NC

Terrible customer service. You can’t get ahold of anyone over the phone and when you finally do they are not helpful and careless. Their website is useless. I have been trying to change my primary doctor for the past two weeks and it seems like an impossible task. I hope someday I can book an appointment with a doctor.

M D Carrollton, TX

It was so stressful dealing with this insurance company. I paid my premium on April 3, 2021 for May 1-31, 2021. On, May 7, 2021 the doctor’s office verified insurance and the insurance was invalid. I have called them 4 days in a row. I spent hours on the phone for four days and nothing being accomplished. Do not buy Molina insurance.

Lee from WA Maple Valley, WA

I am brand new to this insurance and will be canceling it. I have questions and when I call the “customer service” number, I NEVER am connected with a person! I wish I’d known about their awful reputation before I signed up.

Pinkflower Houston, TX

Wow ! I was interested in NEW coverage for 2021 and was going to pick Molina Healthcare so many NEGATIVES' about this Insurance Co., this is awful ! so now I will have to hunt another Med., Ins., Co. ! * looks like doctors are too far or NOT on the list / slow approval for med's. :(

Barb Troy, MI

From a service perspective, they are terrible. You can't talk to anyone in the area that you need to. Authorizations are denied at a very high rate with no explanation. Most of the companies have stopped accepting this insurance or only will accept patients after auth has been approved which is too late in most cases.

Pauline Miami, FL

Every test submitted for my husband and I by our doctor was denied. We have been fighting to get our prior authorizations covered but they refuse. We pay 1100 a month out of fear of not having insurance but Molina doesn't cover anything. We will switch next year for sure.

phairest Dallas, TX

Incredibly difficult to even find a provider- the list Molina provides is always terribly outdated, clearly nobody is tasked with keeping provider list updated. Expect to spend a ton of time calling to verify coverage and only finding dead ends.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

I had Molina healthcare in a transition between insurances through medicaid and I would have problems everywhere I went. Either it was not accepted or it barely covered anything.

Michelle Schow Saratoga Springs, UT

Molina has some great healthcare insurance coverage options. If you live in Utah, their network of provider is more limited than other insurance providers.

Teri Moore Herriman, UT

Terrible!! I have filed 3 appeals over 6 months to get a covered expense covered. I'm still fighting this claim. This is the second time I've had to appeal a covered expense this year.

Mickie Adams Ashtabula, OH

This company is a scam. Dont waste your time or money. They transfer you and transfer you. Noone will help you. Worste company I haver ever worked with. Im getting an attorney.

Lara Severs Ocean Springs, MS

This company is horrible. I have spent all day on the phone, just to register an account. All day, to find out that there is nothing that can be done. All you are doing is paying for service you have no access to.

Maricela Leiker Victorville, CA

Worst insurance I’ve ever had. Please don’t get this insurance, but If you like not being covered anywhere, and being stuck with the bill through the balance billing loophole, this is the insurance for you!

Craig Temecula, CA

Terrible customer service. Half the providers they list no longer take the insurance. After 3 months I have been unable to find a provider and have not been able to see a doctor. Zero stars