Kaiser Permanente Logo

Kaiser Permanente

6.7

kahuna81 Brentwood, CA

Kaiser offers the best healthcare for your dollar. Doctors and allied healthcare professionals are top notch. No company is perfect, but my overall experience with Kaiser has been outstanding.

jcleaton San Diego, CA

Kaiser is an important health care provider in terms of being innovative in delivering affordable healthcare. Their system requires a person to "work" the system constantly since they are organized around the concept of keeping costs low. I do not recommend Kaiser for people who aren't willing to complain, question or be "pushy" with their health care provider.

Fay Falatea Kaneohe, HI

Me and my family have been insured by Kaiser Permanente for 13 years. The Drs I had were great and customer service from the receptionist was always pleasing. Was sad when I had to change to another insurance.

Jen Paris Concord, CA

We really like so many things about Kaiser, but it can be frustrating to have to go through your GP to get any other appointments, and even though I feel like we pay a lot, our coverage really isn't that great so it's very expensive to go to the doctor and get any medications.

Garn L. Arnold Alpine, UT

Twenty five years ago we lived in San Jose and we had kaiser Permanente. They delivered our son. We were extremely pleased with them. They even provided and experimental baby crib that was suppose to simulate being inside the mother's womb. It was awesome!

Dana Temecula, CA

I have had Kaiser insurance for about 3 years now. I am so happy with my Doctor. And since all services are available at the same place I can have a physics and get my lab work, mammogram,, etc all on the same day.

Ben Crisp Temecula, CA

I’ve had kaiser for a few years now and I’ve been satisfied for the most part. They have quality doctors and friendly staff most of the time. One thing that is pretty difficult is the limits to my coverage outside of CA, which is part of a lot of companies but Kaiser is very strict.

Naomi Colorado Springs, CO

Kaiser is expensive insurance but it is reliable. They are committed to promoting good health; after all, it benefits them if their clients are healthy. They do pay out when you need them to and their prescription and Copay is reasonable. The deductibles are fairly high on most plans though, so save your money to pay for those.

Debbie Aston Alpine, UT

when we lived in California and had kaiser. We had a great experience with them. they were affordable and he had great health coverage. I loved my doctors and would have them if they offered health coverage in Utah.

Katie Kearney Vienna, VA

My husband currently has Kaiser through his work and it was been an awful experience. He was having medical concerns and he was told her needed to see a specialist. When he saw the specialist, they put him on a medication and told him to try it for a little while and see if things get better. A few months go by and things actually got worse! My husband called to go back in and they told him he could only see that same specialist and that he was booked out for over a month! So my husband is having serious issues and you make him wait over a month? During this waiting period, my husband went off the medication to see what would happen and come to find the medication was causing all the additional problems. So fast forward to when he sees the specialist again, he tells the specialist that the medication was causing his problems. The specialists answer? "Well this medication works for most people so I am going to subscribe it to you again and I recommend you just try it again." WHAT SPECIALIST SAYS THAT?? I could not believe he did that. What kind of doctors is Kaiser hiring? Needless to say, we are taking my husband off Kaiser at the end of the year and he is coming over to my insurance where he can see a real specialist.

Samantha San Ysidro, CA

I use to have Kaiser, it was great, they always have everything you need in one hospital. I am getting kaiser again, the only thing I'm hesitant about is the wait times if I need Urgent Care!! Place is very nice and clean, people were always nice.

Kathie Bowman Lakeside, CA

Their doctors and nurses are always very nice and welcoming with a smile. They were there with the best team of nurses when I had my daughter. wouldn't choose any other provider

Karen Nelson Alpine, UT

I am excited about writing this review. We raised a large, very needful family. Kaiser's care and coverage was beyond any medical experience I have ever had. I highly recommend this company to anyone.

jason shoora Los Angeles, CA

This company has hired bunch of thiefs to get you in every way they can... they do unnecessary X-Ray and many tests without explaining that they're out to get your wallet...

Buddy Cash Cumming, GA

Kaiser permanente in Georgia does not even have Basic x-ray abilities in all of the county of Forsyth just north of Atlanta. They refer you to a facility in another surrounding county for this basic care.

MARINA ARDON Whittier, CA

I have been with Kaiser for over 30 years because it was the only option we had with our employer. At the beginning I was healthy so I hardly ever used them; but when I needed them, they completely failed me. Is practically impossible to get an appointment. Your medical complaints are non-chalantly treated and if you ask for copies of your reports, is practically impossible to get them. Kaiser is only concerned about giving the illusion of providing the best care but that is a complete sham.

Anthony Kaasch Denver, CO

Absolutely the worst health insurance, I’ve been with Kaiser for years, I’ve put up with all the BS for to long! If you want the longest hold times, the worst service, the headaches of trying to refill ANY medication then Kaiser is for you. Way better options for health insurance... it’s amazing how they’re only rated 3 stars.. that should tell you something right away.

Nel Dublin, CA

Did a covid test to travel overseas due to my father's death. The test didn't come on time lost all the flights to travel. The international flight was hard to arrange due to covid airport closers in the country I suppose to go to. After working hard to get a permit to land because of covid test results didn't send on time. All the flights got canceled and stranded at another state airport.

Carl Lancaster, CA

They treated me with the upmost respectAnd also add get the care that I need from my doctors and all the other staff that are there

Sadhana Arlington, VA

This year I am new to this company. I visited with two doctors.I feel like they don’t know even how to take ultrasound.The Doctor took ultrasound of 12 weeks baby .She was in rush and she didn’t say anything about the baby and she rushed saying we will meet after 5 weeks in regular check up.I was not confident weather she did her job . They didn’t take any history of my health .Nonsense everything .

N. Hill Valley Center, CA

Kaiser does nothing to help or support anyone who might need help in mental health which includes anxiety, etc. Patrice on their crisis line can careless. It is so sad how little they care for their patients and do nothing to make things better for patients who are suffering. Their counselors and therapists are horrible! Honestly they should be held accountable for the lack of service they offer.

Grant J Fricks National City, CA

Woe is ye who fall to this horrid company. If you do, opt-out of arbitration is number 1 or you will be ignored. Expect to have absolutely no say in your own health care other than the right of refusal of treatment. Their "medical" policy is written by an actuarial, not a medical person. They betray their Hippocratic oaths and will put down false information for corporate goals, not medical outcomes. Their current rules will push the elderly out for the young and profitable.

Carmen Nica Pleasanton, CA

Worse company ever....they diagnose you will CANCER and tell you that I will see you in a month because there are no available appointments. Then one doctor states you should do RADIATIONS , when you get to the RADIATION doctor NO you are not a candidate for that, you should do surgery. They tell you that they will set up a appointment to see the surgeon, after 3 days , nothing they are taking their time. WORSE EVER....

Rick Auburn, WA

After helping to speed the death of my dad (prostate cancer) and my mom (ovarian cancer), I reluctantly find myself back on "Group Death" as it was called back in the day for the first time in 35 yrs., because of a job switch. I just went to pick up my first 30 day supply of insulin. Shouldn't have been surprised to see the cost jump from $60 Primera, to $400 for this plan. I can only imagine how bad they're going to hose me for my insulin pump supplies when the time comes.

Terrie Miller Cathedral City, CA

If you are considering Kaiser as your Insurance DON’T....... RUN as fast as you can they are the worst. I’ve had them for years I pay $1400 a month to have them, if you ever need to talk to your doctor give it up it’ll be at least a week before you hear from them . You can only email them through the corporate office so no telling when they will forward your email.

Natalia Salinas Covina, CA

I traveled out of town and forgot my meds. Impossible to get 3 days worth of meds without having to go to urgent care and paying a high copay for the visit. I had my prescription and explained that without my meds I would be feeling sick, but apparently nothing could be done! I spoke to membership services, on-line nurse, and pharmacy. Even the pharmacist at Walgreens was surprised at the poor service and difficulties. Uhgggg! I need different insurance!

Crystal T Highland, CA

Urgent care restroom out of paper supplies and trash all over the floor. Spoke to the clerk at front desk and did not seem concerned about it at all. Urgent care is busy which is understandable but restrooms should be cleaned frequently so supplies are stocked all the time. Also like to mention the wheel chairs check in, that is very inconvenient to people who come to urgent care an cannot walk to front desk to check in with an ID for a wheel chair. Overall very dissatisfied with kaiser Fontana.

Leslee Zenor Vancouver, WA

My parents and family has been with Kaiser for over 40 years and I am at my wits and with them right now. My parents are getting older and with that they need more care. 3 years ago my father had a heart attack that lasted over 24 hours before they even diagnosed it. More recently they called my mom and told her she either had leukemia or lymphoma. They waited a week before calling her with results. Now she doesn't have an appointment for 3 more weeks with blood doctor. If they tell her in 3 weeks she has cancer it will be very upsetting. Why can't they get her in sooner?

B Oakland, CA

Upon going for a PCP exam, and requesting a referral to a dermatologist, I was told no. Rather than do a comprehensive exam, she cheekily said, "oh you look healthy and I guess I'll get my stethoscope and listen to your heart." I then waiting a hour and a half for blood work. TWO MONTHS later I have a suspicious mole and have to obtain a referral. I am awaiting the phone appointment. I am very disappointed and want to ensure that no one experiences this insensitive and unprofessional behavior again.

Manny Tacoma, WA

The most pathetic service, you talk to their medical stuff and they look at you like you are from another planet and try to guess what is happening to you, it's more like they hire any body for a minimum wage and use them as doctors, you better off going to a pharmacy and try over the counter medications it will be a lot cheaper and safer than trying this guys, they may end up killing you or get you even worse.

KarenSEDH El Dorado Hills, CA

Since July 2012 I have had a P. O. Box in El Dorado Hills, CA. Evidently, a person who was or used to be a patient of Kaiser before me had this same box number. I have called Kaiser many times and returned mail, noting there is no such person as Lee L. R. at my box number. I've been told that I can open a complaint file to begin possibly removing this name. I laughed at the absurdity. The mailings are not billings, but promotional pieces for services offered. If Kaiser refuses to engage in common sense, could they not do a paid search for this gentleman for an updated address?

Bernadette Smith

My 14-year-old daughter is suicidal, we have went to 2 Mental Hospitals outside of Kaiser.. my daughter need intensive counseling... and Kaiser counseling has been a joke for my daughter.. I have informed Kaiser the importance of my daughter get into counseling every week.. she's a high school student that gets out of school late and get home each day at 4:30 Kaiser refused to pay for my daughter to go outside of Kaiser to get counseling..

Mandy Buena Park, CA

Takes a month to see a specialist for your problem. I go to a same day appointment to get care right away and get scolded for seeing different doctors and that I should stick with one treating doctor. How can i get care from one treating doctor if an appointment is a month away and I need medication now? I’m looking at other health plans through my work. Take my advice if you will listen, choose a different network.

Sergi South Pasadena, CA

Long waiting times. Repeated lines to make you think you move. Low ratio of doctors per patient. Most good doctors are oberbooked. Rates have increased for 2019 significantly. Right now, the difference with a better Anthem Blue plan is much less than used to be. I am In Pasadena, Los Angeles.

Jerry San Jose, CA

I had group ins with Kaiser for many yrs. I use to pay 20.00 only for Dr. Visits. Last couple yrs prices went way up. I got sick and it costed me 125.00 to see Dr. Plus 75.00 for xray. Have to pay a 6,000 deductable first. Their billing depart also has become unfair and even corrupt at times. I recent left kaiser for western health. Same money I have 20.00 copays to all drs. And free exrays of all kinds. A lower deductable and i dont pay towards it unless i go hospital stays or outpatient surgery and even then it is low. I am glad i left kaiser do to these issues

Polly Woodburn, OR

We pay over $800 a month for health insurance. When the time came and we called the ambulance for for an emergency and the paramedics said it was not life threatening so we pass on going to the emergency room.. Kaiser refuses to pay any portion of the bill. We actually saved the insurance company money and they screw us over by not helping pay anything on the bill but make us pay 100%!! whats the point of insurance if they are not going to cover anything during an emergency???? I hate this company and I don't recommend them to anyone. They are such scammers and yes I am very pissed off.

Zhanna Kolesova

They keep sending me the bill that I paid long time ago by credit card, and neither multiple phone calls, nor sending mail helped to resolve the issue. Now they are threatening me with the collection agency. That's insanity. One phone call should have been enough to resolve an issue like that. And that's not the only issue, it's just the one I am still fighting with at the moment, although I am no longer their client, and I will never ever chose them as my insurance provider again, and I will warn as many people as possible on all the review sites that I can find, to stay away from them.

Linda Suisun, CA

Conveniently a full service medical visit available with xrays, lab work, pharmacy each visit. A real time saver. My doc is truly a delight ! She has my best interest at heart & is willing to debate treatment with me.

Richard So Woodland, CA

one stop shop for all your insurance needs. hospital, pharmacy, specialists all under one roof, ability to change doctors is also a plus! free delivery of medications too!

Tony Cole Aurora, CO

I liked Kaiser for a handful of reasons. 1: copays were low. 2: Our plan was really good, so service was often really affordable 3: Allergy injections were crazy inexpensive compared to other providers in the area.

April H Lehi, UT

This insurance company is probably the least favorite of all we have had over the years. We have had several insurance companies and this felt the most like socialistic medicine to me than the others. If I had a choice, this company would be toward the bottom of the list for me. Having said that, I think they have a nicely streamlined system that is ready to handle a LOT of people.

Kim Kunz Fallbrook, CA

Great doctors. A little hard to get specialized treatment. But as long as you follow up, everyone is more than courteous and very knowledgable. I have had great experiences with all the people i've worked with!

Amy Farmer Provo, UT

I was on my family’s insurance when we had Kaiser Permanente and it just seemed really expensive for what it offered. Just did not give me a bang for my buck. Or even give me something worthwhile for my money. But maybe that’s just how all health insurance is in America.

Anthony Sgambati Rocklin, CA

We have had Kaiser from day one. There is not system that is more connected to support all your health care needs. I have a choice, and I choose Kaiser, every time!

Lindsay Fritts San Diego, CA

I have not been a fan of Kaiser Permanente the past 2 years I have had them. You have to jump through multiple hoops just to go to a specialist who can handle your health issue properly. It gets expensive having to have multiple appointments and pay multiple copays (which aren't cheap) when you already know exactly what type of doctor you need. I had an ear problem, but couldn't go to an ENT without a referral, so I ended up going to the general doctor and they ended up popping one of my ear drums and I couldn't hear for a week until I made it to the ENT (which I had to pay for 2 appointments, even though it was their fault). Would not recommend.

Douglas Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

I was completely covered when an infection led to a emergency surgery, although if they had helped me out when I went to the office, the surgery probably wouldn't have been necessary. I think their doctors are over-booked, because it took a while to get in to receive care.

James Nelson Falls Church, VA

The coordination between specialists is second to none. They know my history and can access it quickly. This may produce bias and hinder their treatment, however, at times.

Hannah Cummins Gilbert, AZ

Kaiser is a great provider if you live close to all of their facilities, if you live far away then it is very difficult to deal with. Being a college student and being covered by Kaiser was a huge headache and was very stressful. I also wish they were better at helping their patients with their symptoms rather than assuming a diagnosis and prescribing a bunch of medicine that may or may not work. Their billing and clams department is also AWFUL to deal with, it takes them over 2 months to file a claim from an outside doctor, ridiculous.

Dion R. Bennett Redwood City, CA

Great care and service. Doctors are top notch. Hassle free appointments and the website is easy to navigate

Patrick Fay Olivehurst, CA

I have had kaiser coverage for decades. The only reason I don't switch providers is that I can't afford to. Basically, they suck. Pill pushers. God forbid you have a problem out of network. The bills go to collections before Kaiser pays them. They really suck but looking around, I tried other insurances and couldn't find much better.