Cigna Logo

Cigna

7.7

John F Houston, TX

CIGNA is the worst insurance company due to David C. In a direct effort to boost his bonus he is dmanding a 30% reimbursement reduction from the largest hospital network in Houston, Memorial Herrman. David is personally screwing his 160,000 customers in Houston and he knows exactly what he is doing. There is a special place in hell for David C.

Josef Bloch Cassville, NJ

Couldn’t be worse. Their policy as to paying Medical bills is very simple and straightforward. JUST SAY NO!! They turn down everything. The best most accredited Doctors can recommend a test and Cigna will make you jump through 17 hoops and end up saying NO! So you pay for Cigna Insurance and you pay your own Medical bills.

Gina M Ballston Spa, NY

Stay away from CIGNA. Do not take my word for it, Google CIGNA LTD Complaints. The CEO and Executives are GREEDY PIGS. All they care about is the stockholders and the PIGS at the top. Spread the word to family, friends, coworkers, social media sites to hopefully hit CIGNA in the purse strings by reducing the premiums they collect.

yibin wang Berkeley Heights, NJ

The system seems not properly designed, always requested the same information when they got claims, the the 2nd insurer (should already in their system)

Wong New York, NY

In years of experience with United Health Care and Oxford, my experience with Cigna has been absolutely terrible. Cigna has the worst pay out ratio, the highest rejection levels, and the most frustrating exclusions. I would never pick Cigna if not for the mandatory choice of my employer. Terrible quality - there are many superior insurers.

Julio Delray Beach, FL

Executive Response team needs to be evaluated for lack of response and misleading patients. KR the leader for the team has been trying to solve issue on someone using my medical insurance card that was not me for the past 6 month my concern is this will have a negative impact on me as I have not received the services

FL woman Boca Raton, FL

Basic women's preventive procedures are not covered - I'm paying out of my deductible, which is OUTRAGEOUS! Also, they will not allow more than 30 day supply of any medication. In my 40+ years, this is the absolute worst health insurance I've ever had. Really disappointed that my employer switched from United Healthcare.

KarenL Germantown, TN

The worst health insurance. They deny most procedures doctors apply for. They used cheap labs to process your blood samples which takes a long time for you to get the result. They spend lots of money, customers' money, on TV ads, trying to attract innocent customers. They collect customers' money and deny their benefits.

HB

They set a limit on how much needed medication they will pay for a patient in a month. Their rules are rigid, even with a doctor sending them a letter, explaining a covered procedure.

Robert Joros

There are some Cigna's that are great. We recently changed co Obie's and the old policy was great. I loved it. One of the best insurances I've ever had and I've had some good ones. But the new company's insurance is awful. By far the worst insurance I've ever had.

Alejandro J Sola Stony Brook, NY

Having to interact what Cigna calls "customer service" is difficult, time-consuming and draining. And given their dishonest inefficiency, every claim has to be followed up manually. Avoid at all costs. Ask your employer to switch. And vote for whichever candidate will put these parasitical companies out of business.

Michael Gallacher Herriman, UT

I only make $24,000 a year. $3,600 of that goes to the annual Cigna premiums and I have a $6000 deductible and that's through my employer plan! Can you say WORTHLESS?? The Cigna plan is to steel as much as they can per month and discourage you from using it with a hulk sized deductible. Bottom line is they are thieves.

Chao Oklahoma City, OK

We paid more than $20,000 a year to this company but our plan only paid less than $2,000 for our visits in year 2017, they applied as much as they could to the deductibles/copays. Their stock share price keep increasing all these years and now it's rocket high, think about how much money they made on us every year.

Beth Butler Hot Springs Village, AR

Cigna was the insurance I had through my workplace. It was really good insurance with very good coverage.

Ginny Tremayne Logan, UT

We have been very pleased with Cigna insurance. We found it to cover more than our previous insurance did.

Andrew Hyde ,

The only thing I did not like about Cigna was how hard it was to find an in-network doctor in my region. The billing process what very consistent.

Melinda Olson Goodyear, AZ

Cigna has provided us with great insurance and to see the doctors we like. Customer service helped us figure out issues we had.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

I feel like the health insurance plans offered to me by my employer from Cigna were not as good as I've had in the past. The high deductible plan was REALLY high, and my normal pills I took daily weren't covered. But the customer service helped me as much as they could and walked me through where I needed to look/go to fix my problems.

Dylan Curtis Pleasant Grove, UT

We had this Health Insurance when my daughter broke her arm while trampolining. They took good care of us, without it we would have been put in a big financial hole.

Nana Asiata Herriman, UT

I love Cigna! They're prompt when I need to call in for coverage information. Most offices we end up at are covered by Cigna which is great!

Kaleb Herbert Gilbert, AZ

I am new to Cigna, but it has been very frustrating to try and get answers to costs prior to attending an appointment. I was transferred to 3 different departments and still did not get the answers I needed. I am not happy with the service.

A Craw Draper, UT

I have been dealing with a Cigna problem for the past year. It hasn't been corrected and it is a Cigna issue. I continue to deal with the problem. My husband's company is now switching insurance providers because it has been such a frustrating issue. He is an executive at the company and there are currently over 200 employees (and growing, they just had their series A capital raise). I honestly wish you could contact me about this. It is not resolved and I have had Cigna insurance for years prior to this without an issue.

Zoe Julian

I would give Cigna zero stars if it were possible. Cigna gave me the run around for 9 months following a medical procedure that was covered by my insurance. They continued to reject my claims even though everything was covered and had been verified previous to treatment. Only after threatening legal action did they fulfill their end of the terms. The customer service was less than helpful and I was given incorrect and different information every time I called, resulting in confusion and a longer time to get my claims settled. I will never use Cigna again.

Varduhi Rockville, MD

reliable, covers well, quality service and helpful

Nell Damascus, MD

It was a good insurance company. I felt like we if options when choosing providers.

Kurt Lucas Reston, VA

I like Cigna because I can use the doctor I want, and most preventative care is no charge.

Christopher Richmond, VA

Terrible insurance.A total acam.Anthem pulled out of our atea.Their home office is here in Richmond Va and they don’t even offer polocies here.Health insurance in america is a scam

Brandon Murfreesboro, TN

The benefits I have used have been great, I have not had any issues to date with this provider.

Lexii H Hammond, IN

The customer service is great when ever I call and need help. They are open 24 hours also, which not many insurance companies are

Jon Posey Riverton, UT

We just changed to Cigna and I am not impressed. They boast a nationwide network but their network is small unless you pay for a larger one which at that point defeats the purpose

Tiauna Anderson Salt Lake City, UT

I had Cigna for a year or so and the company was great at helping anytime we needed customer service. Our coverage was also sufficient for us!

Carmen Murphey Abilene, TX

I have Cigna through work. They provide great coverage and offer education and physical fit options, training.

Newton Omotayo Houston, TX

The best ever health insurance I ever used till date. They took care of my claims even while I was in Ghana and Nigeria

Madison Leonard Midlothian, VA

I love this insurance company, I can always go to the doctor without having to pay and arm and a leg to go

Scotlynn Blair Phoenix, AZ

Cigna provides great service at a reasonable cost. I have always been happy with what they have covered.

T

Had through work. Had different options. Wasn’t happy that when I had an issue with them no one seemed to know how hat steps I needed to take to get it resolved.

Jayde Walker Provo, UT

Cigna has been such a great insurance for our family! They are always willing to help whenever we call!

Sierra Beck Herriman, UT

Insurance through my husband's work. Easy to navigate website, and I do like the chat to answer quick questions. Oh even the app works good

BLF Pleasant Grove, UT

We were with Cigna for several years but didn't like the high co-pay for doctor visits. The physician selection was adequate.

Cori Jacobsen Ollerton Alpine, UT

We worked with Cigna for years. Recently we changed to another company and have missed the prices and costumer service that Cigna offered.

edward reese Hyattsville, MD

My experience with Cigna has been great. Great coverage, straight forward plans and customer service when i've had to call has been easy to deal with

Maggie Queen Creek, AZ

Great insurance! We have so many options for doctors and services. I really like their website as well

Shelly Lomu Gilbert, AZ

We have been really happy with our health insurance. I’ve had a few questions about providers and found the website easy to navigate.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

We had a pleasant experience with Cigna and really didn't have any issues with filing claims or having them pay for services we incurred.

Valorie Hudson

They have been very good to me and approve requests with more info submitted.

Robert D Zell

Just an average health insurance company. Nothing stands out as being exceptional in terms of dealing with them.

Shane Duque Raymond, NH

I paid for my insurance for months and they did not pay for two free cleanings that they promised to pay for and did not! So Complete waste of money.

JJ Littleton, CO

Terrible customer service and a back office that is fraught with errors. They cant do basic things like update addresses and they provide conflicting info when you call.

Mike Affleck Cedar Park, TX

They are outstanding in large group carrier with great customer service

Thelma Gwin Milton, DE

I like them a lot, but I wish they could pay the co-pay and a little more than they cover.