Ambetter insurance specializes in health insurance plans on the Health Insurance Marketplace in twelve states. These plans are also sometimes called Obamacare plans. Ambetter health plans are operated by the Centene Corporation. If you're looking for another kind of plan or don't live in an Ambetter service area, you'll need to consider other health insurers.

report_problem

Attention: Ambetter is a very unpopular health insurance company.

It has received a 1.4/5 star rating from reviews left on Best Company. Roughly 88 percent of the Ambetter reviews on Best Company gave a 1-star rating. Complaints against Ambetter include poor customer service, difficulty with pre-authorization, and high costs for limited coverage. Most customers do not recommend buying healthcare coverage from this insurance company.

View Ambetter Reviews and Complaints

Ambetter health insurance's covered services include preventative and emergency care, therapy, behavioral health help, medications, maternity, and hospitalization. It is an on-exchange health insurance option in the Health Insurance Marketplace.

Health Insurance Marketplace plans offer comprehensive health insurance coverage. For health plans to be on the Marketplace, they must be a qualified health plan that covers the essential health benefits listed in the Affordable Care Act.

To enroll in Ambetter insurance, you need to apply during Open Enrollment. The Open Enrollment period for 2020 healthcare coverage runs from November 1, 2019 to December 15, 2019. If you missed the enrollment period, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period after December 15, 2019 if you have a Qualifying Life Event.

The Good

• Health Plan Options
  • Member Resources
  • Unique Features
  • My Health Pays™
  • Dental and Vision Coverage

Health Plan Options

If you're looking to get an Ambetter plan, you can view their health plans by first selecting the state you live in and then selecting the type of health plan tier you're most interested in. From there, your options open up to several different plans with varying prices and benefits.

Ambetter Health Insurance Marketplace plan options include: Ambetter Essential Care (Bronze Plan), Ambetter Balanced Care (Silver Plan), and Ambetter Secure Care (Gold Plan).

Each plan offers insurance coverage for the essential health benefits listed in the Affordable Care Act, but the cost-sharing rules for medical expenses are different for each tiered plan option.

Members with Ambetter Essential Care pay lower premiums but have higher out-of-pocket expenses.

Ambetter Balanced Care, the Silver Plan, offers higher premiums and a lower out-of-pocket limit.

Ambetter Secure Care has higher monthly premiums, but the lowest out-of-pocket expenses of the three plan types.

For specific coverage and cost information, including the deductible, out-of-pocket expenses, and premium costs, you'll need to work with Ambetter directly. Depending on your income, you may qualify for a tax credit subsidy on your monthly premium.

Member Resources

Each Ambetter member has access to an online portal through which they can make all of their payments, view healthcare plan benefits, and take care of logistics like obtaining a member ID card. The member portal offers extra features, too, such as providing reminders for members when they are due for another doctor's visit or allowing them to take a health risk assessment to determine which steps they can take to live healthier.

Members can track their claims 24/7 through the online portal, as well as connect with member services at any hour of the day.

The subsidy estimator in the online account also helps members see how much they would receive for reimbursement for a treatment with their benefits. If you qualify, the subsidy lowers what you pay for the monthly premium charge.

Unique Features

Ambetter provides more than just logistical tools for members. Many of the extra features it offers also send the message that Ambetter wants members to get healthier and stay healthier. These tools include a 24/7 nurse hotline that members can access for questions and medical needs.

There are also health-promoting programs to support members with dealing with behavioral health and maternity and newborn care. Ambetter offers 24/7 Nurse Advice Line and integrated health management to enhance members ability to get the most out of their medical care. Ambetter also offers telehealth access with some of its plans. With telehealth, members can have phone or video access to in-network providers for non-emergencies.

My Health Pays™

My Health Pays™ is Ambetter's rewards program to provide incentives for members to live healthier with better habits. You can earn money for taking a survey provided by Ambetter, getting a flu shot, or having your wellness exam, and this money can go toward your next premium. Members can be reimbursed for gym membership payments as well. This rewards program promotes health and well-being among Ambetter members. While this program is great, it's only available in some of the states Ambetter services.

Dental and Vision Coverage

Dental and vision coverage are available with Ambetter, but the benefits and availability of each are entirely specific to the state you live in and the type of health plan you've signed up for. Dental benefits, for example, is not available in Texas, but vision insurance is. Dental coverage includes exams, cleanings, and screenings, overall, and vision benefits include yearly eye exams and glasses or contacts. Those seeking vision coverage and dental benefits in addition to health insurance can find options through Ambetter.

Get Quote

The Bad

• Poor Customer Reviews
  • Access to Plan Information
  • Limited Service Areas
  • No Mobile App

Poor Customer Reviews

Ambetter has received an overwhelming number of 1-star reviews on Best Company. These Ambetter reviews mention difficulty getting medication and treatments approved for coverage, issues with claims that were difficult to resolve, frustration with customer service, and difficulty finding an in-network provider.

With such a high number of 1-star reviews, you'll be better served choosing another company if you can.

Access to Plan Information

It's somewhat difficult to access specific information about the types of health plans Ambetter has. Its website primarily just explains the metal tiers (gold plan, silver plan, and bronze plan) as well as how essential health benefits are covered by every plan.

To find out what kinds of plans these are, such as Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) or Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), not to mention what prices and benefits you qualify for (like out-of-pocket expenses, copayments, deductibles, covered services specifics,and if you need prior authorization for certain medical services), you'll have to contact a representative.

Upfront, it's important to know that Ambetter is part of the Health Insurance Marketplace (HIM). It's Centene's option for HIM plans, which are intended for people who don't have health insurance and maybe don't qualify for typical plans.

Ambetter only offers Marketplace plans. If you are looking for another kind of insurance plan, like a short-term health insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid, you'll need to find another insurance carrier.

Limited Service Areas

Ambetter plans are available in a some states. These include Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Ohio, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin. If you don't live in any of these states, then Ambetter may not be an option for you.

Even if you do reside in one of the states they service, make sure to check the location of their in-network providers (e.g. a primary care physician, specialist, etc.) for your state to ensure they have an in-network provider near you.

No Mobile App

Unlike many of its competing insurance companies, Ambetter doesn't have a mobile app. Some companies provide this for enrollees to access their accounts right from their phones, making communication and logistics much easier. Ambetter hasn't provided this yet, making account management slightly less convenient than with other companies.

The Bottom Line

Ambetter should be somewhat of a last resort when choosing an affordable health insurance company. While its plans all have decent health coverage for preventative care and some vision and dental benefits, it is difficult to access full details of its various plans. Data points such as the annual maximum out-of-pocket limit and co-pays are difficult to find on the website.

Plan cost and deductible levels vary among plans. Availability depends on location. Cost is also affected by the number of people on the plan and some demographic information, like age.

While Ambetter's plans offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, it's important to review customer reviews to get a sense of Ambetter's quality — health plans, value, cost, and customer service — and compare Ambetter to other health insurance companies before making a final decision about signing up for an Ambetter plan.

Call our recommended rep over at Ambetter below.

1.4

Vicki

March 4th, 2019 Halfway, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They r a terrible company. They have denied almost every claim my doctor has sent in. I have a herniated disc and they denied the MRI. I had to go pay for it out of pocket. Then they denied when he sent in for a procedure to help me. This company does not care about their clients when you call in they don't care all they care about is getting your money doctors are even fed up with this company it is the worst company we have ever seen I know a lot of nurses they say this is the worst company they have ever had to deal with if you are smart and you want a good company you will go somewhere else everything you will regret getting insurance from this company

Elliott

March 1st, 2019 Boca Raton, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ambetter has only taken my money. I’m about to begin the second month of paying for coverage and have yet to receive a welcome package, insurance cards, or information that I can give to the doctors and pharmacist. This is abominable to say the least.

Kael Claxton

March 1st, 2019 Gulfport, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could rate them I would give a negative. They drafted 3k without approval and will not return our calls and hang up on us. We have contacted the state insurance comish and are pursing other avenues to get our funds back and make sure this doesn’t happen to others

Yous Ibra

February 22nd, 2019 Richmond, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You guys are scaring me. I just joined AmBetter and had my first doctor visit with no issue. I found a doctor about 5 min away from my house and got my 3 months prescription medication fully covered. May be it is too early to say anything about the company but my first impression is okay.

Tasha

February 20th, 2019 Calhoun City, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have has ambetter for 3 years and it is wonderful! I have lots of doctors to choose from and they pay alot on my Bill's. I love they rewards programs as well!

Shannon

February 20th, 2019 Concordia, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very poor insurance coverage. This was my only option in middle Missouri; especially for maternity coverage. 8 months after utilizing the maternity care, having the child, I'm still receiving bills/EOB's from the hospital & provider because Ambetter HAS NOT paid their portions of the bills-things that are "COVERED" in the policy. Multiple companies-hospitals, anesthesia companies, women's clinics (every company I've used during/after my pregnancy & delivery) their workers have made it known their distaste for ambetter because it's failing to hold up on their end payment and coverage wise. The healthcare workers are telling me that I need to get different coverage if I have the option. Something is not right within Ambetter. I got it through the marketplace. Never again will I use this company for anything.

Erik

February 14th, 2019 Cedartown, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am better was the only insurance provider with the ACA a in Georgia in 2018, obviously they were BOOMING. But they only paid $.20 on the dollar to the doctors so the doctors did not except that. We could not get seen anywhere. We changed in 2019 when Blue Cross Blue Shield opened in Georgia. Without the monopoly, Am better is pulling on fumes. Am better insurance is the worst example of health insurance on the globe. No one except sis, it’s the same price as everyone else, but you get treated like some kind of leper if that’s the insurance you have.

Jeannie K

February 8th, 2019 Chattanooga, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chattanooga, TN Joined Ambetter January 2019 from the Marketplace and I'm absolutely disgusted by this company. If I can save one person the hassle that I went though, this review will be worth it. I lost several hundred dollars, don't be like me - verify what I'm saying for yourself. Despite what they claim and what their provider list shows, there are ZERO doctors, offices, or even hospitals that accept this insurance. The customer service rep actually verified this by personally calling each office from the list to ask if they would accept an Ambetter patient. The closest office was in Atlanta with a 3 month wait for a new patient. The first several doctors in the list were in Minnesota. I'm in the eastern part of Tennessee. I briefly had Ambetter for 2 months in 2016 then cancelled before we used it due to moving states. Fast forward to now and Ambetter still hasn't posted my new policy online - it will only pull up the old one. I have called and written emails but no one responded. I was told that I would have to get a new email address and make a new account to even see my current policy. They had no way to update or add my policy to my online account - I couldn't even make the payments online because they were credited to the old policy which was cancelled. I am begging everyone to please file formal complaints with their state insurance compliance office and ACA Marketplace. Hopefully there will be another class action suit again.

MADINTEXAS

February 7th, 2019 Pflugerville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Let me start by saying that when you only have a choice of 3 urologists in an area as big as Austin, TX that should tell you something. Their provider network is horrible an absolute joke, the website lacks in its ability to assist you in finding a provider and so does calling customer service!!! No one and I mean NO ONE wants to take the insurance and I have been told it is because AMBETTER takes forever to pay them or they deny claims based on random things so the docs are forced to collect from us. I also found out that they also service MEDICAID which should make them prepared to handle the challenges of healthcare! Nope, it just makes things worse because basically, it is MEDICAID except we are paying for it!!! IT IS THE WORST INSURANCE I HAVE EVER HAD AND I AM STUCK WITH IT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!!!! I HAVE ALREADY PAID $7900 OUT OF POCKET FOR A SURGERY THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE COST MORE THAN $4000 IT'S JUST A TRAVESTY AND I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALLOWED TO OPERATE! DID WE NEED HEALTHCARE REFORM? YES, I BELIEVE SO, BUT NO ONE IS REGULATING THESE IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynette D Bratton

February 7th, 2019 Pearland, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought an Ambertter plan to save $100 a month on my premium. It wasn't worth it. I have been diagnosed with a Pituitary BRAIN TUMOR, which is believed to be benign. The risk of a biopsy outweighs its benefit. I have to have an annual brain MRI to ensure that the tumor has not changed or grown, which would be indicative of cancer. No insurance company has EVER denied an authorization request for a brain MRI. Ambetter DENIED my BRAIN MRI despite receiving all previous med records, MRI's, and lab results. They wanted my current complaint illness (duh....a brain tumor). I was forced to pay over a $1,100 out of pocket.

Tim huang

February 6th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

if i can give 0 star I will never give 1 ,ambetter is suking ball , stupid ,use it for one year ,never have a pcp doctor, in the time I need one , call 3 time a day ,evertime difference store, but can’t find a doctor to me ,why am I paying this suking ball inasurance for nothing!

Valentin

February 6th, 2019 Port Saint Lucie, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ambetter is politician connected organized criminals. The company must be investigated. They take money but refuse to provide any adequate services or any at all. I was a member of this shameful operation. I've tried to set up an appointment for medical check up, first of all they state that i can choose....I did but end up with them again....they offer to choose from their own network of doctors that should be allowed to take care of rats and pigs (pigs are too much for their brains). I've tried to set up an appointment, well good luck, minimum three month and after great pressure 6 weeks minimum, they've set up their system this way. I got an appointment.....it was MUCH worse then back in Soviet Union, MUCH, MUCH worse. I was met by an assistant / student.....after few minutes i new it was something that i will not stand, horrible,....doctor showed up....with her hands in her pockets, arrogant look and questions that were addressed to a ....... sitting in a room somewhere.... i knew i had to RUN for my safety from these type of "doctors"....I literally told them: "I'm out" i do not need anything and ran away. American health care is taken over by organized criminals and supported by corrupt politicians both Dems and Reps. Ambetter must be investigated by Finnish or Dutch but not by their own American criminals. I'm SHOCKED. This is very light comments i have.

David Plummer

February 4th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Because of the obvious collusion in the health insurance industry, Ambetter from HealthNet was the only Health Exchange insurance provider in Maricopa County, Arizona for 2018. This company isn't worth ink it takes to print their name. With completely incompetent customer service, completely incompetent IT services, completely incompetent billing processes, completely incompetent claims processing, the only thing they have going for them is that ACA didn't have a 100% PUBLIC OPTION! If I could arrange it, I would drive this company into insolvency and force their liquidation and put all their executives in jail. I have been forced to file multiple complaints to regulators in the states of Washington and Arizona and the Federal Government in Washington, DC. They have repeatedly blocked me from accessing my account information. With 2018, they have come up with a "new" website that has again blocked me from accessing my account. Attempting to call them was fruitless and also indicated that this problem was probably widespread because I was on hold for 30 minutes before finally giving up with their call center. So I called their corporate office at 314-725-4477 to escalate the issue to their executive offices. Given the pattern and history with this company, I would encourage EVERYONE to skip calling the call centers and start calling the executive office. Further, if so inclined, skip calling altogether and just start submitting every complaint, no matter how big or small, to your state's Insurance Commission and Attorney General. Make this company answer for their incompetency to government lawyers. As of December 2018, I have 4 outstanding claims that have all been denied repeatedly with a false basis for denial. The PCP that they paid in several claims in the middle of year, remains unpaid for claims in the early and late parts of the year. It appears that being in-network is associated with some random number generator as there is no consistent response from this fraudulent company. Claims being denied 5 and even 7 times is not a failure of the provider but a failure of the insurance company. CONSUMER WARNING: Retain Ambetter at your own risk!

John

February 4th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Without any notification Ambetter has discontinued their Health Rewards program for gym memberships. This is equivalent to taking away a $240 per annum benefit from each of their customers without any communication. Unethical.

Hatema Catic

February 1st, 2019 Palm Beach Gardens, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ambetter suspended my health insurance ,not let me know anything.Never resiveed any bills that I over some money .Some mistake that market place associate did on my application for 2018 enrollment , Ambetter suspended my health plan for 2019 not sending me anything too let me know..Bad customer service

Msal

February 1st, 2019 Grand Forks, ND DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They cover nothing. I have one medical condition and I take one pill a day that keeps me alive. The med is 500.00, they won't cover it. Then, my in network doctor needed a cardiac ultrasound for the same condition, they won't cover it. Then, I had two visits with my primary care for little stuff, and they refused to cover that too. I cancelled my policy. I'm not paying them almost 500.00 a month for insurance if I still have to pay all of my medical expenses out of pocket.

Dawn

January 31st, 2019 Glendale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely worst health insurance company. Sent me health ID cards for myself and my daughter and when I went to get her immunizations half of the year through, they told me she was never covered. Now, they will not refund (for my daughter) my money, for paying for coverage. Just horrible business practices.

Mora

January 31st, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ambetter denies and denies claims then says the claims are too old to pay. The service provider is coming after me for payment. I'm on social security and no other assets. Ambetter is terrible. I did make arrangements to pay the deductible which was $6000 but Ambetter hasn't even paid that much.

Amy S

January 30th, 2019 Glenwood, AR

The absolute worst company. I never received anything from them. No policy info, insurance cards, etc. When the Aflac agent signed me up, they told me I should receive something in the mail from the marketplace showing I had insurance coverage. After 3 months of checking they kept telling me they couldn’t find me in the system, yet somehow I was getting a bill for coverage by Ambetter. I couldn’t get any info ever so I didn’t know if this was a scam or what. Now I just had my taxes done and I’m being penalized for $1259 for over credit paid by the insurance?!! Insurance that I never benefited from or even knew I had. BIGGEST SCAM EVER

Trish Greathouse

January 24th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I choose Ambetter because it their plan stated it covered Humalog before I chose them. I elected them on 12/15/2018, for coverage starting on 1/1/2019. As of 1/3/2019 they don't cover humalog at all. How can they lie and get away with it. I ordered a replacement pump and supplies, starting with their DME partner Edge Park on 1/10/2019, it took until 1/14/2019 to get Edge Park to take my order, when they had received everything they needed from Medtronic on 1/9/2019. They like to give you the run around, then it took them from 1/14 to 1/23 to actually submit the documents for approval. They were asked on the 18th to make it urgent as supplies were running out. On the 24th Ambetter doesn't even show it being received. Ambetter is the one who chose Edge Park, Ambetter should do something to be sure that patients do not run out of supplies during their long drawn out process. I tried to lodge a complaint on the 18th against Edge Park with Ambetter I was disconnected and they took my number to call back incase of loss of call, I have yet to receive a call back. So I called on 1/24 to see if my complaint was lodged and they can't tell. This company wants their premiums on time, yet they cannot provide any type of timely service themselves. Oh and since it takes two weeks for them to process paperwork for approval denial, how am I supposed to pay out of pocket for a month supply of medical equipement and their premium I am not made of money.

Mustafa Guven

January 24th, 2019 Kennesaw, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wish I would have seen this site before selecting AMBetter as my Insurance Company. This company is just the MOST ridiculous company I have ever encountered period. I called them 6 times just to add a PCP. Stay away from this company at any cost.

Betty Ann

January 24th, 2019 Ripley, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company ever. The doctors on their website does not take their insurance ... they all said the insurance won’t pay and just makes all the patents more in debt. I can not find a doctor that will take the insurance and I guess it really does not matter because they won’t pay anyway !!! All fakes ! Filling their own pockets! I called to cancel and they said I have to cancel with them and I had to call health markets to or it would not be canceled and they just want to sell you another pay and they did not cancel it ! They sent me another bill. I won’t be paying it.

IndyMom

January 23rd, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ambetter is the worst health insurance company I have ever encountered. We had coverage with them for 2018. High deductibles, high premiums, high co-payments, and it almost never covered our medications! Now, fast forward to 2019, I terminated our policy the day before our new coverage with another company started (December 31st). Ambetter was taken off our healthcare marketplace account completely, yet Ambetter claims our policy is still active for 2019 and is still sending us monthly premium bills. I called the Healthcare Marketplace to get this taken care of, and they said there is no record of a 2019 policy with Ambetter. The marketplace is sending over information to Ambetter stating we are not enrolled for 2019 and to cancel whatever policy they think we have with them, so now we are waiting to see what happens next. Thank goodness for the helpful Customer Service with the Healthcare Marketplace. Ambetter is the worst health insurance with the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I will never recommend them to anyone and I am so glad to get rid of them for 2019.

John Smith

January 23rd, 2019 Laurel, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This insurance is terrible and expensive. They do not pay most of the time and when they do it is very little and you are stuck with the bulk of the bill. Dental is a joke! My dentist claims they filed a claim 3 times for me in 2018 ( same claim but 3 different times) and I finally filed this claim a fourth time). I never even received an explanation of benefits. I believe thiat Obamacare will go down in the history books as the single largest scam of the American people ever. May God judge and have mercy on our souls.

Carrie L Matthews

January 23rd, 2019 Decatur, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thank you for being there Ambetter for us during my husband battles of cancer medical was never a problem.All medical,hospital,meds,chemo treatments. Thank you

JM

January 23rd, 2019 Canfield, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely a waste, our family doctor will not accept Ambetter insurance nor will any other Dr. In our area (NeOhio), They all day the same thing “Ambetter doesn’t pay”...This company is a complete scam...Do NOT sign up with this company...You’ve been warned

Randie Britton

January 23rd, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been trying for days to find a physician within my plan to do post hospitalization care. The earliest appointment is May 27th (please note I am writing this as of 1/18/19)! I returned a call from someone named Angela, again regarding my hospitalization and no one bothers to get back to me. I can't wait for Medicare. Anything has to be better than this.

Brianna Rodriguez

January 22nd, 2019 Buford, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

have received letters from collection agencies regarding charges that Ambetter should have covered. Spent 2 hours on the phone with 2 different people explaining my situation - both of which hung up on me! I am now on my third call to them again explaining my situation now the computer is frozen! Terrible service!

greg wild

January 22nd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Really useless insurance. I had no idea. Please do not choose this insurance as the marketplace will not let you change. Kind of like a scam. No doctors accept it and the ones that do hate it and wont do anything for you. I have a couple of serious issues which require an MRI be done and could not find any facility in my area that will accept Ambettor. I may as well not pay the premium and let it lapse. Now I have no insurance which is really the same thing. I am so sorry I chose Ambettor. Dont make the same mistake.

Brenda

January 22nd, 2019 Schaumburg, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BEWARE ... On my annual physical, I got hit with a co-pay, then my mammogram bills were refused. After Ambetter rejected the site billing, the site re-billed and sent an appeal letter, which was also rejected. Then the radiologist bill was rejected since "there was no site bill". I received an Ambetter EOB for the site bill, which shows the name of an Ambetter recommended site, but they still claim there is no site bill. I have contested, appealed, etc. for over 12 months, the bill is still not paid! Annual physicals and mammograms were supposed to be paid in full, but this has been a disaster. For $945/mo. for one person, with $5,250 deductible, this is what you get from them! STAY AWAY FROM AMBETTER!!!

Jen H

January 22nd, 2019 Warner Robins, GA

I would give this "insurance" a zero if the option was available. This insurer is a joke to doctors in my area. Not a single one of my or my husband's doctors accept it. After 20+ years with the same doctors we are being forced to find another doctor. Worst part is we had no option for another insurer in our county in Georgia. Getting info from the company is next to impossible. I hate this situation.

rk

January 18th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give 0 stars I would. Ambetter did not cover a single doctor visit in the year I had them. When I called to find out why none of my doctor visits were being covered they kept telling me they would fill out a claim but they never submitted any of my claims. I ended up having to pay $800 dollars because of ambetters inability to complete any request.

David

January 17th, 2019 Statesboro, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the ONLY insurance available to us in the Statesboro, GA, area. You can get other insurance if you are with a group. The only problem is NO ONE takes it. One office said that they would keep Ambetter patients if you were already a patient but would not ad any new. We are forced to buy this insurance but no one takes it. I only hope that it works at the local hospital as a catastrophic plan....so sad!

Joe

January 17th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Got Ambetter for my wife in GA. None of her physicians accepted it and one even laughed when she told them who her ins was with. Stay far away.

Jessica Damstra

January 16th, 2019 Cumming, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst insurance ever!!!!!! After canceling they still charged me, said they would send a refund check that still hasn't come. Called to check on it, spent 45 min and got hung up on! They say it has to be refunded the same way it was paid, which was through my checking account. The first time I called to ask for a refund I was told they could not add funds to my account and they would have to mail me a check. The rewards Visa card is a joke, they say you can use it at Walmart but it doesn't go through, and they cant tell me why it doesn't work. They kept saying its because I'm no longer a member, but I received an email saying you can still use your rewards card 90 days after canceling your coverage. And as far as"coverage" goes, it's useless if no one takes the insurance!!

Kay Anderson

January 16th, 2019 LaFayette, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was told by Ambetter Dr. Wayne R in Trion was in our network. Made the appointment after driving 20 minutes and when my husband and I show up, we were told Ambetter had Dr. R's address wrong. Therefore, they could not get paid until Ambetter corrected. The doctors office had called already and gave Ambetter the correct information; however, Ambetter had not made corrections. We left after making the appointment in December for our January appointment, so we could get med refills. We planned ahead, but it didn't pay off. Thank you Ambetter. You receive $1500 per month and we get nothing in return really. No doctor I've ever seen is in our network....not one! We are from a very small town and now have to travel far just to see a doctor. So miss Alliant!

Katie

January 16th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Trying for 3 weeks to get a pre-authorization for a biologic medication that I have been on for 4 years and for 2019 they told my doctor I don't need a pre-auth; however, I know I do, as it is an expensive medication that is done by infusion. I called Ambetter myself and have been given four different answers! I have two weeks until I must get my medication and they are either totally inept or totally trying to pull a fast one (as in, telling me I don't need a PA, I get the infusion and then they tell me they won't pay it because I didn't get the PA). My next step is to file a formal complaint with the AZ Dept of Insurance, as I cannot deal with this runaround and my doctor's office has spent over 10 hours on this!

Dasha Directo

January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The prices aren't the best here, so I didn't stick with it. I think other health insurance companies have better prices for the coverage.

John

January 15th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I live in Broward county in FL, and all the very negative reviews are surprising to me. True, their website is not great, but other than that I have had zero issues. Many doctors to choose from, great prescription coverage, even urgent care. I am sorry to hear the problems people say they have, but again, I have had no problems at all with them.

Andrew Hartono

January 15th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Probably the worst insurance you can find out there. I have had a claim open for a year that they said they were going to pay they, continually reject the claim once it get to the claims dept. then when you call they will tell you it’s been taken care of, and they will keep doing that until you bill gets to collections and destroy your credit, and they still say that they are taking care of the bill. I have been dealing with them for over a year on a bill from and emergency room visit.

Doc Dew

January 14th, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ambetter is the WORST health insurance we've had in 40 years! Denied almost every claim until multiple reviews and appeals. Said doctors were not in network when the CLEARLY were. Deceptive benefits descriptions. Had to file several grievances with the Washington State Insurance Commissioner. Spent HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS to get claims paid! DO NOT GET THIS INSURANCE!!!

Deborah

January 11th, 2019 Virginia City, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible. They can't get a statement correct. I pay on line through Wells Fargo at the beginning of each month. Without fail, mid-month I receive a nasty letter about my lack of payment. Last year my premium was $87, now it's $170. I did attempt to actually use this insurance and every provider I contacted wanted nothing to do with them. They told me they simply do not pay. So I pay cash for medical services. I'm done wasting money on this fraudulent company.

Peter Ko

January 11th, 2019 Peachtree City, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A very bad company, trick their customers with their reward program. I spent half hour in front of the computer to finish a health survey for $50 debit card reward. They sent me the card because I earned it by spending my time and effort to put in my health data. However, when I did not enroll with their plan in 2019, just a few weeks ago. They suspended my debit card, claiming it is their policy. How could they take away something you earned? This is a total greed for such large company. It is ashamed for company with such deceitful practice to their customers. I wish government can take some action and punish their bad business policy. Everyone be aware and used up your reward debit card immediately. They deserve no star but I cannot move to next page without picking a star.

Yasir jaff

January 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Is big scams all doctor on there list not cover by ambetter the worst insurance not recommended

Terri C

January 9th, 2019 Cohutta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We can not find a doctor within 100 miles of us that accepts the Ambetter insurance. We were told to drive 2 hours for a doctor. We also were told that this insurance is medicaid and that is why none of our current doctors are accepting it.

D.B.

January 9th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst customer service ever! It took 5 phone calls and 3 hours to get an orthopedic surgeon that accepted this insurance. Their system is not updated. They gave me doctors names that don't accept their insurance, wrong phome numbers for the doctors, incorrect answer and some of them wete extremely rude. One guy told me he hurt his ankle so the fact that I needed a dictor for my arm within my zipcode because I don't drive doesnt matter. Eventually I had to call doctors myself and ask if they accepted the insurance. Really disgusted with them.

Laura

January 8th, 2019 Wellsville, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our family recently picked up this insurance through open enrollment. I wish I hadn't. We pay nearly 400 a month and have to drive 4 towns away (passing a non covered hospital on the way) for hospital care in the network. To get to a dermatologist, I have to drive over an hour away to towns I've never heard of. As for a PCP, they aren't far away but they are only affiliated with the hospitals that are not on the providers list. What's the sense? One or the other won't be covered either way and that's after the 6000 dollar deductible. I don't know what to do. I been crying all year with this possibility of breast cancer coming back.

Casey

January 7th, 2019 Raleigh, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give a zero I would. My daughter has had a heart condition since I was 24 weeks pregnant. She requires medicine and visits to a pediatric cardiologist monthly. When her cardiologist said they would not be accepting BCBS anymore they recommended Ambetter to us. To our surprise when we went to ask for her medication that she needs to LIVE be covered they told us that they would not cover it until we met our $6000 deductible and even then they may not cover her cardiology appointments. What?!?!?!? How is that ok?!!! I am filing a lawsuit. They should not be allowed to offer coverage when they literally cover NOTHING! You pay totally out of pocket until your deductible is met. And I mean YOU PAY FOR EVERY SINGLE DOCTOR VISIT. There is a special place in hell for the people behind this scam.

Dacia

January 4th, 2019 Kirkland, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zero stars for this fradulant company. I purchased a plan from them that would cost me $140 a month for my premium, they changed the rate to $318 a month and said I pay the updated rate or I lose my insurance. I explained it is fraud to add to the cost of my plan. I signed up for the specific plan based on the monthly premium, that is where I signed the T's and dotted the I's. I will not pay more then the $140. Lucilky the health exchange is resubmitting my paperwork to them, if ambetter does not abide by our agreement then I can get new insurance through a special Enrollment period. I will never choose Ambetter again. Horrible company with customer service worse than any company I have ever felt with.

Virginia Young

January 4th, 2019 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely the best health insurance I have ever had!I like it so much that when I turn 65 in March I will be using them for my medicare supplement plan. Kudos to your great insurance and service!