Ambetter insurance specializes in health insurance plans on the Health Insurance Marketplace in twelve states. These plans are also sometimes called Obamacare plans. Ambetter health plans are operated by the Centene Corporation. If you're looking for another kind of plan or don't live in an Ambetter service area, you'll need to consider other health insurers.

report_problem

Attention: Ambetter is a very unpopular health insurance company.

It has received a 1.4/5 star rating from reviews left on Best Company. Roughly 88 percent of the Ambetter reviews on Best Company gave a 1-star rating. Complaints against Ambetter include poor customer service, difficulty with pre-authorization, and high costs for limited coverage. Most customers do not recommend buying healthcare coverage from this insurance company.

View Ambetter Reviews and Complaints

Ambetter health insurance's covered services include preventative and emergency care, therapy, behavioral health help, medications, maternity, and hospitalization. It is an on-exchange health insurance option in the Health Insurance Marketplace.

Health Insurance Marketplace plans offer comprehensive health insurance coverage. For health plans to be on the Marketplace, they must be a qualified health plan that covers the essential health benefits listed in the Affordable Care Act.

To enroll in Ambetter insurance, you need to apply during Open Enrollment. The Open Enrollment period for 2020 healthcare coverage runs from November 1, 2019 to December 15, 2019. If you missed the enrollment period, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period after December 15, 2019 if you have a Qualifying Life Event.

The Good

• Health Plan Options
  • Member Resources
  • Unique Features
  • My Health Pays™
  • Dental and Vision Coverage

Health Plan Options

If you're looking to get an Ambetter plan, you can view their health plans by first selecting the state you live in and then selecting the type of health plan tier you're most interested in. From there, your options open up to several different plans with varying prices and benefits.

Ambetter Health Insurance Marketplace plan options include: Ambetter Essential Care (Bronze Plan), Ambetter Balanced Care (Silver Plan), and Ambetter Secure Care (Gold Plan).

Each plan offers insurance coverage for the essential health benefits listed in the Affordable Care Act, but the cost-sharing rules for medical expenses are different for each tiered plan option.

Members with Ambetter Essential Care pay lower premiums but have higher out-of-pocket expenses.

Ambetter Balanced Care, the Silver Plan, offers higher premiums and a lower out-of-pocket limit.

Ambetter Secure Care has higher monthly premiums, but the lowest out-of-pocket expenses of the three plan types.

For specific coverage and cost information, including the deductible, out-of-pocket expenses, and premium costs, you'll need to work with Ambetter directly. Depending on your income, you may qualify for a tax credit subsidy on your monthly premium.

Member Resources

Each Ambetter member has access to an online portal through which they can make all of their payments, view healthcare plan benefits, and take care of logistics like obtaining a member ID card. The member portal offers extra features, too, such as providing reminders for members when they are due for another doctor's visit or allowing them to take a health risk assessment to determine which steps they can take to live healthier.

Members can track their claims 24/7 through the online portal, as well as connect with member services at any hour of the day.

The subsidy estimator in the online account also helps members see how much they would receive for reimbursement for a treatment with their benefits. If you qualify, the subsidy lowers what you pay for the monthly premium charge.

Unique Features

Ambetter provides more than just logistical tools for members. Many of the extra features it offers also send the message that Ambetter wants members to get healthier and stay healthier. These tools include a 24/7 nurse hotline that members can access for questions and medical needs.

There are also health-promoting programs to support members with dealing with behavioral health and maternity and newborn care. Ambetter offers 24/7 Nurse Advice Line and integrated health management to enhance members ability to get the most out of their medical care. Ambetter also offers telehealth access with some of its plans. With telehealth, members can have phone or video access to in-network providers for non-emergencies.

My Health Pays™

My Health Pays™ is Ambetter's rewards program to provide incentives for members to live healthier with better habits. You can earn money for taking a survey provided by Ambetter, getting a flu shot, or having your wellness exam, and this money can go toward your next premium. Members can be reimbursed for gym membership payments as well. This rewards program promotes health and well-being among Ambetter members. While this program is great, it's only available in some of the states Ambetter services.

Dental and Vision Coverage

Dental and vision coverage are available with Ambetter, but the benefits and availability of each are entirely specific to the state you live in and the type of health plan you've signed up for. Dental benefits, for example, is not available in Texas, but vision insurance is. Dental coverage includes exams, cleanings, and screenings, overall, and vision benefits include yearly eye exams and glasses or contacts. Those seeking vision coverage and dental benefits in addition to health insurance can find options through Ambetter.

Get Quote

The Bad

• Poor Customer Reviews
  • Access to Plan Information
  • Limited Service Areas
  • No Mobile App

Poor Customer Reviews

Ambetter has received an overwhelming number of 1-star reviews on Best Company. These Ambetter reviews mention difficulty getting medication and treatments approved for coverage, issues with claims that were difficult to resolve, frustration with customer service, and difficulty finding an in-network provider.

With such a high number of 1-star reviews, you'll be better served choosing another company if you can.

Access to Plan Information

It's somewhat difficult to access specific information about the types of health plans Ambetter has. Its website primarily just explains the metal tiers (gold plan, silver plan, and bronze plan) as well as how essential health benefits are covered by every plan.

To find out what kinds of plans these are, such as Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) or Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), not to mention what prices and benefits you qualify for (like out-of-pocket expenses, copayments, deductibles, covered services specifics,and if you need prior authorization for certain medical services), you'll have to contact a representative.

Upfront, it's important to know that Ambetter is part of the Health Insurance Marketplace (HIM). It's Centene's option for HIM plans, which are intended for people who don't have health insurance and maybe don't qualify for typical plans.

Ambetter only offers Marketplace plans. If you are looking for another kind of insurance plan, like a short-term health insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid, you'll need to find another insurance carrier.

Limited Service Areas

Ambetter plans are available in a some states. These include Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Ohio, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin. If you don't live in any of these states, then Ambetter may not be an option for you.

Even if you do reside in one of the states they service, make sure to check the location of their in-network providers (e.g. a primary care physician, specialist, etc.) for your state to ensure they have an in-network provider near you.

No Mobile App

Unlike many of its competing insurance companies, Ambetter doesn't have a mobile app. Some companies provide this for enrollees to access their accounts right from their phones, making communication and logistics much easier. Ambetter hasn't provided this yet, making account management slightly less convenient than with other companies.

The Bottom Line

Ambetter should be somewhat of a last resort when choosing an affordable health insurance company. While its plans all have decent health coverage for preventative care and some vision and dental benefits, it is difficult to access full details of its various plans. Data points such as the annual maximum out-of-pocket limit and co-pays are difficult to find on the website.

Plan cost and deductible levels vary among plans. Availability depends on location. Cost is also affected by the number of people on the plan and some demographic information, like age.

While Ambetter's plans offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, it's important to review customer reviews to get a sense of Ambetter's quality — health plans, value, cost, and customer service — and compare Ambetter to other health insurance companies before making a final decision about signing up for an Ambetter plan.

Call our recommended rep over at Ambetter below.

1.4

Sorry I got this insurance

June 21st, 2019 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called to make sure they would cover the Cologuard test and was told yes, it would be covered. Guess what? Now I have a $649.00 bill. I've appealed twice and they have denied it twice. This test must be covered because it is part of the ACA. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS INSURANCE!!!

Velvet

June 21st, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On Thursday June 20th at 9:45AM I called in and spoke with a "Debbie", she was so rude and spoke so fast I could barely understand her. And at some point in the call she needed to speak with my husband who was working in the other room. I walked across the house and gave him the phone and with no prior knowledge of how rude she was with me, he was instantly shocked and asked her to please slow down and asked if it was possible to speak using "please" and "thank you" as he always does. She ignored that request, verified some information, my husband could barely understand her, and when he gently asked for her to speak up she muttered some swears and redirected the call to the general 800 number. NONE of the changes were made, she undid 35 minutes of phone work out of spite. We had to start all over with another rep. No one is "monitoring or recording" any calls out of Debbie's line, it's all a big headache (this happened before) and I'm tired of AM Better's lousy service. If changing my PCP is such an ordeal, I can only imagine what they are like when I have something important like an emergency. The bad reviews I have read on here so far are all credible in my opinion. Good luck in your searches :)

Unhappy customer

June 18th, 2019 Leander, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Charged me $800 dollars more than my premium was suppose to be and when I called they told me it could take 30 days to refund. Asked for a supervisor and was told none where available and I would get a call back. Still no call back. On top of that they changed the plan I choose to a terrible plan.

Mary Johnson

June 18th, 2019 College Station, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I switched to Ambetter after a nightmare experience with Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina and Texas. I've only been using it for a few months, but so far my experience has been excellent. My chosen provider accepts their coverage and I'm proceeding ahead with my scheduled wellness checks.

Jordan

June 12th, 2019 Germantown, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Like this article says, Ambetter should be a last resort. It certainly was for me; I signed up for my insurance very late, as my mother cut me off of her insurance without telling me. I was attracted to Ambetter for the low premiums and seemingly comprehensive coverage. However, there are very few places in my town in Tennessee that accept Ambetter, and many of those places are poorly rated, and far in between. I cannot get therapy for my PTSD because no psychologist will accept my insurance. Pretty much anything that’s not emergency-level necessary is not covered by this insurance. The price is nice, sure, but I almost always have to pay out-of-pocket, whether it’s a simple prescription level Ibuprofen or an actual appointment. Being a holder of this insurance leaves me a bit worried about any emergencies that may occur since I do not feel protected or secure with this plan. The lack of a mobile app leaves some accessibility concerns as well, since the website frequently crashes for me and the interface is a little confusing. Ultimately, I came to this website to see if anyone else’s experience with Ambetter was similar to mine, and unfortunately I am correct. If you can, please seek out a better service for insurance.

Susie Toth

June 12th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

TYPE ONE DIABETICS ON PUMP THERAPY, BEWARE! This insurance company only offers one medical supply company to order your pump supplies and they are the worst. J and B Medical Supply took over two months to get our order only to over charge me and get my order wrong. I've been trying to rectify the issue but I can't get anyone to call me back. It's been over a month that I've been calling every other day and no reply. UNBELIEVABLE!

Terry D

June 5th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not sure who is the biggest crook, Ambetter or the Healthcare Marketplace. Lost coverage for 2019 after correcting a document error of THEIRS 3 times, now they say they can't reinstate unless I pay nearly $800

Kimberly Bailey

June 5th, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company should be called AmNotBetter There first line policy is to deny everything from a bandaid to an emergency surgery

LD

May 28th, 2019 Darien, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was scared to get the Ambetter from Peach State Health Plan after reading all of the bad reviews on here but it was all that was offered in the Marketplace for my area. I have been very happy. I have had their insurance for nearly 6 months and they have paid everything promptly with no issues. Of the nearly $6000 we have only had to pay a little over $100. I have had no problem finding doctors, although I must say they all have to be affiliated with the local hospital. Sure, I'd rather have better choices but I really did not expect more. I have been happy with every doctor or NP I have seen, especially my NP. I have no problem with their website either, including earning rewards on the visa and using it to pay my phone bill. We have not had health insurance for many years and this has given us peace of mind. I have not had to call them but I did message them on the portal a few times and got a quick response. It would be better if they sent an email saying they had replied though. I had to keep checking the message box. We thank God our health has been cleared except for a few small issues, thanks to Ambetter.

Eric

May 22nd, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is catastrophic insurance ONLY !! They pay for virtually nothing until you hit your deductible. They market this as full coverage but it's not.

Esmer

May 17th, 2019 McAllen, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Ambetter for about 1 and 1/2 years and have not had a complain. They have everything displayed on the members website which makes it easier to see what is being submitted and paid.

HELopez

May 16th, 2019 Edinburg, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They stole a months worth of premiums from me and wouldn’t cover me for any services for the whole month.

D. Wingo

May 8th, 2019 Loganville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am so pissed! I have been fighting with Ambetter for years. I tried to go into my account today to make sure nothing was wrong. Because they are constantly putting in the wrong information. One hospital claim wasn't even mine. It was another patient!! Well I couldn't go into my portal because It states it didn't exist. So I had to call them again. And now they said my account is suspended!!! They said I didn't make a payment. I even paid 8 days before it was due! So then they said the marketplace said I had two accounts. I called the Marketplace and they said NO WAY. That my account is up to date and no issues. So Ambetter had to go into my portal because I couldn't. After 5 phone calls they said that my 2016 policy information is in my 2019 portal. And they don't know what happened. I have a Dr appointment this Wednesday and prescriptions that need covered. But they said it will take up to 10 business days to fix my account!!! Which I do not believe!!! And I cannot see a DR or get my scripts until it is fixed. I was given no reason this happened. Just that they messed it up AGAIN!! This insurance company is messing with people's lives and no one makes them accountable! GOD HELP US!!!!!

John

May 6th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO not enroll unless you really have no other option. You will not be able to leave unless you go through the market place then they go behind you and re instate you. They also will automatically enroll you with out notice. then report you to credit bureaus, CLOSED account as started a new job back in feb2019 and they had already enrolled me for 2019 still sending me bills....

Tired

May 2nd, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had them for years then I got a little behind on my payments so I worked a second job to catch up every thing. Missed a dead line when I made the last payment by 4 days and they sure used it to cancel me. Wouldn't work with me at all. It was my fault for not reading all my paperwork and seeing the deadline(I was working two jobs ) ,but 4 days late on a payment and won't work with me at all. I made the payment on 8th of the month evidently my deadline was the 4th,but it took my payment and then didn't tell me I was cancelled till the 18th of the month. Way to have a heart Ambetter You were lucky to have us we're healthy and hardly ever used it.

Donna East

May 2nd, 2019 Colleyville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the ABSOLUTE WORST INSURANCE EVER! WE LIVE IN TEXAS AND MY HUSBAND WENT INTO SEVERE ATRIAL FIBULATION IN SOUTH CAROLINA AND HAD TO HAVE A CARDIO VERSION. AMBETTER HAS REFUSED TO PAY BECAUSE WE WERE OUT OF STATE. FIRST THEY SAID IT WAS BECAUSE IT WASN'T AN EMERGENCY; WHEN THE CARDIOLOGIST PROVIDED A LETTER SAYING IT WAS THEY STILL REFUSED TO PAY. WE NOW OWE A HOSPITAL $10,000.00 DESPITE HAVING PAID AMBETTER FOR A LONG TIME ALMOST $1,000 A MONTH. ALSO, MY HUSBAND WAS TOLD THE HOSPITAL HE GOES TO IN TEXAS WAS COVERED AND THE CARDIOLOGIST HE WENT TO IN TEXAS WERE COVERED-THEY WERE NOT AND CLAIMS WERE DENIED. SO FAR WE HAVE RACKED UP OVER $18,000 DUE TO UNPAID MEDICAL CLAIMS BEING DENIED BY AMBETTER. ONE STAR IS ONE TOO MANY!

LaVoy Frazier

May 2nd, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A better has had incorrect billing information for me several times. Each time I address it, I am told it will be corrected. In the mean time I am denied benefits and appointments because of it. I have called several times since January. The care is limited. There is no Urgent Care. I am in fear and anxiety often.

Lonette Frazier

May 2nd, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been denied a scan for the bulge on my right side 3 times in the past 2 years. I was told there is no reason for a scan. Finally the plan allows me to have one but has my account payment information wrong and denies me. It’s been 3 years and I still have a bulge on my side.

Robert Louis Archuleta

May 2nd, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Last year they made a mistake billing me for a plan I did not have they cancelled plan I did have and tried to not take payments for it This year they issued 125.00 credit to myhealthpays card is bogus after 4 months and run rounds like card need be cancelled and reissued you need to activate it and most recently we do not take it as payment to your plan can use at some places yet places tried for things stated it was still refused they also hang up on you give up on them pay extra for health elswheree

Joanne

May 2nd, 2019 Morrisville, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bought this insurance because I thought one Dr. I liked was on it, surprised he’s not, so now I’m stuck with a Dr. farther away! So upset and I guess I should have read reviews. Just got my May bill on April 29th, glad I already paid it, due on May 1st.

JPR

April 18th, 2019 Columbus, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Apparently any income (taxable or not) will reflect on your assistance. Had several people I work with in tears this year as they were handing over $1000’s at tax time. Also, terrible network (all the worst doctors in your area) and the website never works. Plus you can expect to jump through hoop after hoop after hoop trying to prove who you are and your income, ect. You will either stay on hold forever or find yourself using a website that never loads. Only to find yourself facing another bureaucratic hoop. We had to cancel in May because we couldn’t get on the website to upload our information, and when we tried calling we were told that was the only way. $1000’s thrown down the drain in bills and taxes, and the policy was more expensive than if we had both paid for several visits and medications out of pocket!!! Awful, terrible company!

Cecilia Hamilton

April 17th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Ambetter for 16 months and have not been successful finding any ob/gyn in Dallas. Even when I call them, they supposedly call the providers and verify that they take my insurance and then when I call to make an appointment, they don't. The same is true for the website. None of the people on there actually take my insurance. I'm starting to think the Texas market is completely fake. I need to see someone and am long overdue. 8 hours this week alone, with Ambetter customer "assistance" trying to make an appointment and no success. One person they gave me was only high risk pregnancy and I'm not pregnant. I tried all of this last year and eventually gave up because I was so frustrated. I pay $717 per month and have no illnesses or medications yet they can't seem to assist me in getting my annual exams. I will probably go to Planned Parenthood and pay out of pocket at this point, even though the annual exam is a benefit. I guess it's a hide and seek benefit. If you can find a doctor you can have it. This is how they save money, by taking all of mine and being a fake insurer.

Jody

April 17th, 2019 Mountain Grove, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Am better sucks. Suppose to have gotten a ppo gold standard and they gave us Am better. We use to get Aetna/ Blue Cross. No on accepts this insurance and we're paying a premium of approx $600 a month. Do not go through Obamacare, cause they are the ones who tricked us into this. Called Healthcare.gov and they said they could do nothing, even after they scammed us. Obamacare is a scam, farce and criminal organization. Going to cancel and go private...somebody that can be trusted.

Peter

April 15th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst "Health Insurance" I have ever had in my life! This, as "Obamacare" is a joke! Expensive, extremely high deductible and then they deny to pay anything else that's supposedly covered.........Emergency room visit, blood testing, etc. The only thing they paid for was prescriptions, which are cheap enough through GoodRx anyway. You also get bombarded with emails and mails, and their "customer service" is pathetic! Terrible company and I hope they go out of business! Should have known better than to deal with a company called "Ambetter" anyway!

T.C.

April 15th, 2019 Fayetteville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give them a negative rating I would. I have been trying to get in to see a doctor since January 22, 2019. Today is April 12th. I finally found a Dr. that takes Ambetter whose new patient wait list isn't 6 months out. Yes that is correct because I am a new patient to these physicians, the earliest I could be seen was August 4th. (Seriously!!!) I got an appointment for April 15th, received a call confirming the appointment on April 11th, Call from Dr's office on April 12th canceling the appointment. Reason - "the Doctor will only be doing physicals and since you are not here for a physical she can't see you!" Unbelievable!!! I am not giving them another cent! The worst insurance ever!!!

Maria R Somoza Melecio

April 12th, 2019 Skokie, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If you are looking for Health Insurance do not pay your hard earned money to Ambetter. As many of you know, in October 13, 2017 I was working in Dallas, Texas. I had placenta previa (where the placenta is near the cervix) and had painless bleeding. I had to go to an Emergency C section and as soon as I found this out I called my husband to inform him and he also called our insurance Ambetter to be added on to our insurance. It was approved for her to be on our insurance. Months past and the hospital filed the claim but Ambetter denied it Baylor S and W filed multiple claims and Ambetter had multiple excuses (hospital didn't file on time which they did in that 90 day period, baby's name didn't not the claim, the baby's birthdate didn't match the claim, etc.) THEY REFUSE TO PAY AND MAKE ANY EXCUSE IN THE BOOK TO DENY CLAIM. AMBETTER IS SUCH A SCAM.

Chad Koch

April 11th, 2019 Westmont, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been in a fight for over a year for them to cover a bill I am not responsible for. I found a primary doctor and called in to have the customer services rep make sure she was listed as my primary as the website function never changed anything. After this approval I went to the doctor only to receive a $108 bill a few months later for a new patient service. I had a $1 copay. I called to have them fix this error. Apparently my Doc was not listed as "in-network" until months after I saw her. Why did they approve her as my primary? Why was she listed as in network on their website? Why am I still trying to get this dealt with 12 months later after 4 appeals and 3 grievances? Oh, and that bill has since gone into collections and is now affecting my credit score. Thanks Ambetter! You are the worst insurance I have ever used!

River

April 9th, 2019 Grayson, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Today is April 8th, 2019 and I called Ambetter twice and their system was down. I have written six complaint letters to Ambetter concerning their terrible services and none have been answered. I have been denied services and prescriptions after having paid my premiums. I have had to call a total of nine times to establish a primary care physician. Each time I call the representative it is always an incompetent human being who is unable to remember the reason I called or that I had already established a primary care provider on a previous call weeks ago. A supervisor whom I escalated the issues to was rude and nasty to me. After having paid for my insurance, my provider ran my insurance through Availity and is was showing me as inactive. Ambetter charged me twice for one month of service and still showed me as inactive in their system. I have requested my ID card three times and it has been over a month, I still do not have an insurance card. These are just some of the few issues that make this the worst insurance ever.

Brittany

April 8th, 2019 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had AmBetter since July 2018. I have read the majority of the hundreds of these reviews and it seems as though folks either didn't have other options and also didn't do adequate research about whether the physicians, hospitals and urgent care centers that they prefer were covered by the AmBetter plan they were considering. I went with an AmBetter 4 (which is a Silver plan on healthcare.gov), I have a low deductible ($600) and 100% co-insurance after my deductible is met. I pay $0 for my medications and since I am self-employed, I actually pay the full amount of what this insurance premium is per month (roughly $400/month.) I have on-going health issues that they haven't penalized me for, I have received all of my 3-month prescriptions without issue as well as over 15 other Rx's that are monthly. (As I said, I have seriously, life-threatening, on-going health issues.) I just spent 8 days in the hospital being discharged on 03/30, today is 04/07/19 and ALL of the hospital bills ARE PAID IN FULL. Again, I did extensive research before selecting AmBetter as my provider. I am very pleased with them and have zero complaints. Again, I pay my premium on time, researched my physicians before selecting their insurance and understood what type of plan I was selecting. Doing your research instead of expecting someone else to do it out for you is the truth behind the majority of the complaints in all honesty.

Cheryl Britman

April 8th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They denied a life-saving test ordered by a specialist. They are not doctors!

B

April 4th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible customer support service. I have had this insurance for 4 months, and I have never once been able to login successfully to my member account on their website. I called multiple times for help, and each time I got the run around and horrible communication. They would say they are creating a "ticket" and that they would follow up with me via a phone call when my problem was resolved, but they never called back, and the issue after 4 months has still never been resolved. I still cannot login. So, I haven't been able to pick a Primary Care Doctor or see anything related my coverage online. The customer service representatives have been rude, inconsiderate, unsympathetic, robot-like, and unwilling or able to resolve my issue. As of writing this review, the problem is still ongoing. I cannot stand this company and their customer service. DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR AND STAY FAAAAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. The worst. Ever.

Thelma murphy

April 2nd, 2019 Weatherford, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

That do-not deserve even one star But it seems I can’t click done unless I give them that one star - It’s a Horrible Joke for an insurance company!!! I WISH I had read this before the girl that helped me with insurance found it for me!! The TURNED down an Echocardiogram AND a stress test for my heart!!!!!! Who does that?!?! My cardiologist ordered the tests Because I’m having problems with my Heart!! My Heart But they in their Grand All Knowing foresight Do-Not feel its necessary -Really after all ,Who Needs a heart-Duhh

Summer

April 2nd, 2019 Concord, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

That’s my second year with Amberter And this insurance it so good . They have a rewards card I recommend this insurance

NutWrench

April 1st, 2019 St. Marys, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This "insurance" is a scam. Nobody in my area accepts their plans and they don't cover anything, including diagnostic tests.

Sandra Ogunseinde

April 1st, 2019 Keller, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never trust Ambeter. I was ripped off by Ambetter. They went into my bank account and took all of my money. I am fighting with them daily and they will not return my money. I first thought it was an honest mistake and quickly found that this is serious. They actually stole my money. Nearly two thousand dollars.

Olha

April 1st, 2019 Auburn, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use Ambetter from coordinated care second year. I have a problem when I want click my login, I haven’t access to my health pays rewards. Every time when you visit your doctor must check information about your doctor work with your insurance or no.

Deedee

March 29th, 2019 The Colony, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ambetter is a fraud of a company. I have been trying to get an infusion for the past month and nothing can be done because: 1) the infusion centers that can administer the medication are not in network or 2) the infusion centers that are in network cannot administer the medication. I have spent countless hours on the phone with them trying to find a place that works. When I call they give me a list of infusion centers that are supposedly in network and then when I call these centers to use their facility they tell me that they are not in network. They have even given me centers that no longer exist! I am very very frustrated. I have been waiting for over 30 days now for a medication that has a rush on it all because my insurance company can not find a place for me to do my infusion. When I ask to speak to a manager they send me to the resolution center. They are insensitive beings that do NOT care about your health or wellbeing and only want your money. This isn't even about money its about finding a place to receive my medication. And because of Ambetter I am left in the wind..What to do now? I don't know

wayne huey

March 28th, 2019 Jamesport, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

droped St lukes from there providers did not inform me . as I have cohcolear inplants I need to use them for yearly check up. they do not under stand . when I took policy out they where in network now refuse to pay or put on dedutable

Matt

March 21st, 2019 Canton, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is an administrative nightmare. They can rarely find you in their systems and online access is very far behind piers. I got locked out of my account for some unknown reason and had to wait 24 hours to access it after customer service reset it. A month ago they canceled my policy and couldn’t even tell me why. Later I found out the exchange forced them to cancel it because I didn’t provide my ss# when I signed up. Ironically the week before I got my form 1095-a from the exchange that guess what had my ss# on it. Unfortunately, this is what happens when choices get limited because of obummercare. I guess they are used to working with people who get their insurance for free so they have very low expectations anyway. Not this guy!

Dawn Case

March 21st, 2019 Glendale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company that I have ever dealt with. They are thieves. They took my premium and then didn't cover my daughter when she needed shots. I ended up paying $500 out of pocket because they "lost" her information in the system. Beware consumers! Bad bad business here....

Jd

March 20th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poorly run at the Executive level. Last year I got two of everything mailed and 12 membership cards. CEO must be clueless this is huge wastes of funds. They outsource prescriptions to a company called "envolve pharmacy solutions" utterly clueless company with zero customer service. They recommended I switch to a new drug for diabetes and now they are denying the prescription THEY recommended. Again ckearly Am better CEO care nothing about service if I had options I would take them but there are no options for me outside of marketplace.

martin

March 19th, 2019 Thornton, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

worst ins ever. Couldn't find me a doctor or cardiologist. Suffered for a year with them. Then they don't pay the bills they are supposed to and you wind up getting sued, customer service is non existent. trying to get a live person takes hours, they give you false info when you can get someone..do yourself a huge favor avoid this company like the plague

Robin Seiler

March 18th, 2019 Wittmann, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give a negative star I would. I had a ureteral stent placed in Jan for a very large kidney stone. For some reason they cancelled my insurance even though I paid the premium so no one is getting paid. After numerous calls and some of them 3 ways still not insured. Finally I signed with another co starting April and can then get my lithotripsy done. This is a 3 mth delay to get this stent out. It hurts. I wrote my congressman who will be investigating.

Riv

March 13th, 2019 Grayson, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was denied services and prescriptions because of an error made by an Ambetter representative. Anytime I call and try to verify my information they always say member not found. Each time I speak to a representative they ask me if I have a primary care doctor despite having established a primary care doctor with them and them giving me a reference number. This is by far the worst health insurance I’ve ever had in my entire life. .

M. Summers

March 12th, 2019 Blackshear, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are waiting for my wife to die. They will not even approve diagnostic tests for my wife who is having heart problems. We have a great hospital 8 min away,but Ambetter does not approve. There are approved doctors in our area, but they don’t have access to the nearest approved hospital which is over an hour away. I despise this company and will launch a 100 million dollar lawsuit if my wife dies while waiting on them. Wake up America! This is Socialism! Ambetter was the only ACA company in Georgia this year. They are getting almost $1600.00 a month subsidy for us. For what? Our doctor, which is not in their network, told us that Ambetter is turning down treatments all over our area. I’m contacting my Congressman next.

Rotanda

March 12th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is horrible. They cancel my insurance and took a payment from me and refused to give it back. Customer service is clueless about company procedure. They refused to let me talk to a manager. These people upset me so much I was in the hospital for 3 days. I will recommend them. This company doesn't care about you or health...they only care about money. They don't pay for nothing and they very lazy. Please do not get insurance through these people.

Jonathan Argue

March 8th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst healthcare company I have ever dealt with. I have worked with a number of people on the customer service side who literally lied to me. I have caught this company in numerous lies. This company is immoral and duplicitous. Stay away from them as far as you can.

JBI

March 7th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It’s just catastrophic insurance. $400 a month and a $7,900 deductible. In addition, the network of doctors are squeezed by Ambetter so they have to see as many patients as possible. Three hour wait just to see a general practitioner is horrible. I’ve been to three different doctors and it’s the same three hour wait. I’m sitting in a waiting room right now because I need high blood pressure medicine. This wait is it helping. Horrible horrible company and network of doctors.

Daniela Mihali

March 7th, 2019 Edmonds, WA

The terrible health insurance ever. Ambetter has only taken our money and is very expensive. No doctor wants to take this insurance. I will never buy this ever again.

Rae B

March 6th, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible! Expensive. Unhelpful and unwilling to work with its members. I really wish I hadn't chosen this company during open enrollment.