Ambetter Logo

Ambetter

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

5.5

Madwoman Broken Arrow, OK

I needed total knee replacement but couldn't get them to preauthorize the surgery. I think that they don't care how much people hurt, just constant delays with this insurance company

Sun Rise 45 Dallas, TX

It's a very bad customer service you have to speak with strange people not related to issues of insurance,out maybe in the Philippines or Africa I mean it the worst insurance by far

Toby Smith Saint Johns, FL

One month into having ambetter and they denied coverage for an ongoing prescription my child has been taking for the past year and a half. They also denied a procedure my doctor recommended for me. I hate that open enrollment is only once per year. I would drop them in a heartbeat and go back to Blue Cross Blue Shield.

delise jones Atlanta, GA

They are the worst. I upgraded my insurance. I would rather spend money on quality then to deal with the way beyond rudeness. The fact that the representatives are overseas says a lot. It’s not worth it. Invest in good insurance please. You are waaaaaayyyyy better off.

Kristina Corbitt Knoxville, TN

I went to a physical therapy appointment because that is why I purchased the insurance, which is over a thousand a month. I will only have 8 visits approved and it will cost me more with insurance than if I were to pay cash out of pocket. I cancelled all my PT appointments.

dorcas maame akua Olathe, KS

I’m a former member and I have been waiting since August for my refund check from this company and anytime I call them they keep giving me excuses and stories like we send your check give us 30 days but I never receive any check from them yet they are not trusted insurance company

pat c Fort Wayne, IN

I have been forced onto Ambetter via the Marketplace for the last several years and they are only getting worse! I had so many denied claims in 2021. And when you call, no one knows why. Or I get someone with such a heavy accent, I cannot understand them. I stress so badly over my health costs.

Bets03 Miami, FL

STAY AWAY! terrible customer serivces, called many times and they kept on hanging up on me. They wont cover my in network bills after I pay the deductible and out of pocket in full Just a bad insurance, do yourself a favor and stay away!

Wadani Stone Mountain, GA

Do not get ambetter insurance they will steal your money.And even if you do not enroll they will take your money.That is what happened to me.i was enrolled in 2018 and I did not enroll in 2019 but they were taking money from my bank account without me authorizing it.

Michelle Cappellazzo Avon, OH

You get what you pay for. I'm leaving Ambetter a very unsatisfied customer. The representative kept me on the phone for over an hour just to tell me they couldn't find a plan for me after my husband passed. I would rather pay more than deal with an unprofessional company for my children's health care needs. I think it's important to share my experience as a dissatisfied former paying customer. Keep looking !!!

daniel callarman Atlanta, GA

Im not sure what exactly Ambetter is? When I went to find a doctor on their site they only provided me with 3 urgent care facilities. When I went to the urgent care facility I had to wait 4 hours to be seen at which point they told me I had to go to the ER. Went to the ER and they said if I was admitted to the hospital that my AMBETTER insurance would NOT cover the stay. My monthly premium is 582.32. Who can afford that and who actually takes it? Nobody knows? Horrible insurance don't do it.

Alexandra Musca Marietta, GA

I have been trying for over a month to request a refund. I was told I will receive a check in June. Here we are at the end of July, the check was not even requested, what about shipped. Each phone call gets “disconnected “ and nobody returns the calls, even if they ask “for a phone number in case it gets disconnected “. Laziness at its finest.

April Paulk West Palm Beach, FL

They say I have a 7,450 deductible out-of-pocket and I can't even get my MRI Doppler or x-ray of my hip or leg..... I never had to deal with things like this it's been 3 years when my knee went out on me it took 6 months for them to authorize and approval for me to get an MRI of my knee...... This insurance sucks you'll lose your life before you get help

Megan S.

The absolute worst customer service!! I have been getting the run around for almost 6 months! It took 3 months to have my plan canceled. Now it it taking almost 6 months to get a refund check all because of an address discrepancy, which I have changed the address multiple times. Every time I call I get someone different and they always tell me something different, and now it has turned into a blame game. Ambetter is blaming marketplace and Marketplace is blaming Ambetter and I’m getting no where!!

Linzey Alaina Cincinnati, OH

I would give zero stars if possible. I absolutely have never dealt with such a horrible health insurance company. My son has a lot of healthcare needs and they would deny EVERYTHING he needed.. hospital visits were denied and found to be “not medically necessary”, as well as physical and occupational therapy sessions and check ups with his specialists. Do not get this insurance. They shouldn’t even be in business because they are completely useless!!!

Mikey Parks Los Angeles, CA

I had misleading balance readings in my account and was then punished with massive late fees. Specifically, the balance in my online account said I owed zero dollars for a couple months due to "premium tax credits". A month later I checked back in to find a $175 charge (I'm generally paying about $60 per month). I wasn't able to call customer service because it was the weekend, and the NEXT DAY the charge reads $275. I finally got customer service on the line, who acted like I was crazy for being confused. I cancelled my policy.

JohnHammond Chicago, IL

The company's network consists of all the most ghetto doctors and dentists in your neighborhood. They have issued me statements that I didn't pay my monthly premium and the website will show my coverage is slipping, yet I am enrolled in auto pay and payment had already been charged. I have even requested ID cards multiple times and have yet to receive anything. I'm switching off Ambetter at the soonest possibility.

Barbie St Louis, MO

If I could give a zero I would. I signed up for Ambetter because the provider I had been seeing was listed on their web site as being participating only to find out when needed the doctor was not. When to yet another clinic in my area who was supposed to be participating according to their web site finding out they too are not accepting Ambetter. I live in a very rural community with not a lot of options. Choosing Ambetter because your doctor is shown as participating and then they are not is fraud.

B Chestnut Philadelphia, PA

DON'T DO IT. 0000/10. awful experience with women's health issues. They do not cover OBGYN's, birth control, literally nothing. I have been on the phone with customer service for hours on end with absolutely no resolution to anything. You might as well just take the cash in your wallet and throw it in the garbage when deciding to enroll with Ambetter. More like I amWORSE off.

Victoria Chase ,

A supervisor for Ambetter is on vacation and we need critical care. Ambetter does not have a back up plan for the supervisors work load? I need a surgery and they told me they don't check their messages but once a week. Unprofessional, awful response time, Centene should not have laid off those employees in February 2021. Get your work done so we can get healthy AM NOT BETTER.

Brandon Berwyn, IL

I have Ambetter of Illinois HMO as of 2021... and what a year of hell this has been. Need a new doctor, dentist, or specialist??? Get ready to spend literal hours to trying to find a doctor that takes the insurance. Their directory and support is useless as they cannot distinguish who takes the HMO or not... which is not many. The dental is managed by some company called Ensure which I have never heard of... and guess what, neither have most dentist offices I've called. DO NOT GET AMBETTER..... you will regret it. Worthless.

Roqui ,

I have been on the same ADD medication for 7 years changing to better and after a week of handing getting a prescription I still don't - no I can't I call in every day they ask me questions like "did you ask your Doctor for the pa and mba and a pb, " no I don't want any of those things are. They are terrible I have been on the phone every day for the last 5 days on hold for hours and when I write them they say " just call we'll straighten this out "

Allan Iturbe Bigelow, AR

I don't know where to start, I've been trying to cancel for the last 3 months that I've been getting invoices, first I never signed up since I already have insurance through my employer, then every single time I call to cancel I get transferred numerous times and end up in what they call the marketplace which says I don't have an account with them, so I call customer service and start back in the same loop.

Harold Kansas City, MO

They are a joke. They advertise that their plans are affordable. How is $2500 per month premium for my wife and me, $3500 deductible for each of us and a 30% co pay affordable? I had to pay roughly $37,000 out of pocket each before they paid for both of us. Obamacare at its worst. Now they are trying to sell Medicare supplements as Allbetter. They out to be shut down.

Riley Phipps Lubbock, TX

The only positive thing I can say is that they have a cool rewards program. They have a lack of even basic providers and I haven't been able to get the urgent treatment I need to be able to walk. They never call you back or follow up. I've been waiting for months and no one is interested in helping. Don't make my mistake. Pay a little more and get insurance that providers will accept.

Robin Pipes Hernando, FL

Horrible! Live in Citrus County FL. Moved from Ohio early this year. Was told there were plenty of providers in my county. What a joke! I've been trying to find an ENT for a test. Ambetter gave me 3, and not one was still an Ambetter provider. Have had same issues since the beginning. Now I have an appointment 45 minutes away, which I'm going to have to pay for. Could be a serious issue. Ambetter doesn't seem to care if you die. Please, if you care about your health and sanity, do not use this insurance. Wish I would have known.

Kristin Kansas City, KS

My insurance is more than $500 per month for a single person. They refuse to fill my medications, refuse to authorize the prior authorizations, they denied my hospital stay as not medically necessary when my Dr. admitted me himself. They refused to cover the 3d mammogram, they refused to cover my stress test. This insurance is a joke! DO NOT GO WITH AMBETTER-nothing is covered!

Melissa Hoff Apex, NC

Ambetter is horrible. You will spend hours on the phone with them over weeks, trying to get a simple prescription authorized for refill that you have been taking for years, because suddenly they will deny payment for it. Not a controlled substance, just a generic anti-inflammatory for osteoarthritis. I truly believe the company is run by mean spirited people! I would give them zero stars but you have to click on at least one to complete this form. I am still jumping through hoops to try and get my generic Celebrex paid for. Been 3 weeks!

Lynn Hudson Peachtree City, GA

I am begging you, if you have a choice, do not choose Am better. They do not care about their members or their health. I had a breathing emergency due to asthma. Rather than helping to get the medication I need, they would prefer I go to the ER, I guess so they can deny that claim. They would prefer I sit in an ER waiting room and have the possibility of being exposed to the Corona Virus. Since I am having breathing issues this really makes a lot of sense. I will never choose this company again. This is only one of the many incidents have experienced.

B Taylor Melbourne, FL

This company is the worst insurance company I have ever had. They fight every prescription. The Dr.s listed on their site, most don't take their insurance. None of the dentists in my county take their insurance. I've only been with them three months and they have cost me many hours of trouble. Pay the extra hundred bucks and get a good insurance company policy. Ambetter isn't it.

Reba Rock Hill, SC

What a nightmare with this SORRY company! We just purchased this policy a few months ago. Went online on Ambetter website to look for a Arthritis specialist in our area they covered. The closest one they had was 2 hours from my house! So we decided to go on my day off work. We drive 2 hrs, gave the office my card, they said” we don’t take this insurance! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! We called ambetter, and all they said was” sometimes these doctors come off our list and don’t tell us!” BS!! Don’t waste your money!

Katie Martin Miami, FL

I'm happy with the doctors, but the company nickle and dimes you till you can't get healthcare. Even lab work costs for every single blood test done. My last insurance had a $5 copay for all lab work. I just got a bill for over $90 for routine work to monitor my T3 & T4! My breast ultrasound cost $200. I'm affraid to get any more.preventive work till I switch insurance companies in 2021. DO NOT CHOOSE AMBETTER. It isnt better.

Sherri Stockfleth Kingsland, GA

When you finally reach a working phone number for the doctors that are listed on their provider list virtually every one of them says that they are not contracted with Ambetter. This is worthless insurance. We are running out of our maintenance medications and are going to have to just find a doctor and pay cash out of network to get our blood pressure and cholesterol medications. If you call customer service they give you places....but when you call the place they say they are not contracted with Ambetter (seemingly smart on their part).

stephanie Gargiulo Marietta, GA

Call center hangs up if they don’t want to handle the situation? Supervisor do not do what they say they will. They scam you and ask you to give them money by a certain date but your not even in the system yet because it takes 1-2 weeks!!! So if you need health insurance a week or 2 after signing up you will not be able to receive it. Complete scam!

Tammy Winter Park, FL

This is a fraud insurance company, I regret signing up for it!! It said I would only have to pat $50 for PCP visit and I am paying almost $64 and $20 for medicine, Almost $30 for thyroid meds and over $200 for my husbands toe infection cream plus I pay them money every month. worst mistake ever, I also have emphysema and Dr. prescribed 5 days of antibiotic but they would only approve 4 days, this is going to be bad insurance for anyone that has chronic illness

Ivonne Pasuang Puyallup, WA

Stay away from this company please! Their customer service is poorly trained, never get our issues solved. Totally a fraud company. We've been trying to cancelled our membership several times but they never did. Like some of the people here said, if there is a zero star we definitely will put zero. Hopefully, we're the last people whom they've taken advantage from.

Lynn U. Tucson, AZ

We signed up for the MyHealthPays card through Ambetter in the fall. It is a prepaid debit card. We were able to use it at Walmart with no problem. We tried using it recently with no luck, so called Ambetter...they reactivated the card, we tried to use it again, same thing. So then we tried to pay toward our premium, that didn't work. After a gazillion phone calls, we were told that Walmart didn't renew their contract & we can't pay our premium because we live in Arizona...and the card says "Ambetter from ARIZONA Complete Health"!!! They should be called "AmWORST"!!!

Danette Harrison Cincinnati, OH

Great insurance for a HMO plan never had any problems with customer service or getting things done that needed to be done.

Jim Seattle, WA

The worst health insurance company ever. Really expensive and they cover nothing. Actually not sure if any company is good or not with our health care system as it is. Completely inefficient for the working man. I am a hard working motivated person without a company sponsored health care insurer. I have chosen after 3 years to not be on insurance this year. Too expensive and too little to cover.

Barbara Harrison Brunswick, OH

I am currently a member of the Gold plan. I pay all my premiums, have met my deductibles and maximum out of pocket. Now they just deny everything! I have sent appeals and am now contacting the Department of Insurance in Ohio to lodge a complaint. They will not even tell me what criteria was used to make the denial even though by law they are obligated to.

Cici Jones Atlanta, GA

Should be called AmWORSE. Prior to signing up, I manually typed in and triple checked that all my prescriptions would be covered (they are all generic, mind you). I was told YES. Now, after paying my premium, I am told that one of my medications is not covered, and the second prescription is a price that's higher than the $7.00 copay ($0.00 deductible) stated on my card. The doctors listed as in-network are actually NOT in network with Ambetter, and for good reason. I want a refund.

Patrick Frost

Terrible "insurance" . This company exists only to scam people and receive money from the taxpayers. No concern at all for the welfare of their members. It was the only option in 2019, and if nothing different is offered in 2020, I will do without. I basically do without now (with Ambetter). Government should investigate this company but, I'm sure that many of our politicians are major stockholders.

Gina Saverko Worth, IL

Ambetter has been nothing but a problem since I purchased my plan. Repeated issues with billing even though I made sure I was IN NETWORK each time. Customer service has been terrible, the hospitals and doctors offices IN NETWORK that I “owe money to” have been more helpful to me and actually feel bad that I have Ambetter insurance. Please please do yourself a favor and stay away from this coverage, it’s been nothing but headache after headache.

Phil Dalton Gilbert, AZ

Across the board, every interaction with them has been a FAIL. Their website provider directory lists medical providers that retired YEARS AGO. Their robodialers call 3 or 4 times per week saying we need to call them about IMPORTANT things. When we call it's just a computer voice asking questions and it does not understand a simple "No" answer, then the call last 5 to 8 minutes of blah, blah, blah. There appears to be no limit to the company's lameness. : O

caroling G Athens, GA

If you get cancer you might as well slit your wrists and wait to bleed out. Its been months and they will not approve a PET or a CT scan, only biopsy after biopsy. I hope that I get through and can get accepted by another insurance company (not likely) but yea. its very scary to know you can DIE and they will not allow the centers to treat you in the most proactive way to get rid of this wretched disease. terrible.

Georgia Blanchard Leander, TX

This is the worst insurance!! Stay away from them. My husband had to go to ER and they denied all claims saying he didn't have coverage, which is a lie. I have gotten my insurance agent involved to communicate with them so that I don't curse them out. They are trying to play stupid but really, they are just trying to get out of paying the claims. I will make a complaint to the board of insurance and get an attorney involved if I have to. I'm not going to pay these claims when I paid good money for the insurance premiums.

James Durham, NC

Horrific customer service. Automated phone service disconnect every time I call. When I'm finally able to get through to a customer service representative, they tell me their system doesn't work and I'll need to call back in 24-48 hours. They didn't offer to answer any generic questions or provide assistance. Obviously, this is a direct reflection of their corporate management and lack of training.

CB Hill Cincinnati, OH

I bought Ambetter coverage thru the marketplace for 2018 and 2019 and on several occasions they have denied claims as being "out of network" even though all my doctors show up as "in network" on their website. I truly believe that when they are having cash flow problems they just deny the claim and leave it up to the provider to sort it out. Calling their customer service is a complete waste of time, nothing is ever done to resolve issues. So glad I will soon qualify for Medicare.

Susie Toth Mesa, AZ

TYPE ONE DIABETICS ON PUMP THERAPY, BEWARE! This insurance company only offers one medical supply company to order your pump supplies and they are the worst. J and B Medical Supply took over two months to get our order only to over charge me and get my order wrong. I've been trying to rectify the issue but I can't get anyone to call me back. It's been over a month that I've been calling every other day and no reply. UNBELIEVABLE!

John Mesa, AZ

DO not enroll unless you really have no other option. You will not be able to leave unless you go through the market place then they go behind you and re instate you. They also will automatically enroll you with out notice. then report you to credit bureaus, CLOSED account as started a new job back in feb2019 and they had already enrolled me for 2019 still sending me bills....