America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Logo

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses

Is This Your Business?

6.7

America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses offers customers access to over 800 styles of frames for a low price as well as a variety of contact lens options. With over 700 retail locations in the United States, it is able to provide eyewear to large populations. Its mission is to deliver the best value and quality eyewear and eye care for the lowest price.

The Good

• Frame Selection
  • Lenses and Coatings
  • Contact Lenses
  • Free Eyeglasses Exams
  • Contact Lens Exam
  • Bundle Pricing

Frame Selection

Finding frames that you like is not always a simple task. America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses offers over 800 different frames to choose from. There is something for everyone. To help you in your search, you can filter the frames online by age, gender, price, brand, color, frame material, frame type, frame shape, and frame size.

Lenses and Coatings

After you have found the frames that you would like, you will need to select the lenses that you would like. America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses offers a couple of different lens options. They are as follows:

• Single Vision — Options for single vision glasses include the basic plastic lens (which is included for free), and the Verilite Polycarbonate lens. The Polycarbonate lens is an additional $69 and is 22 percent thinner than the plastic lens.
  • Lined Bifocal — If you decide to get a bifocal lens, you will start with an additional $20 charge. From there, you can select either the basic plastic lens or the Verilite Polycarbonate lens. If you are looking for a smaller lens that is impact resistant, you will want to go with the polycarbonate lens. It costs an additional $69.
  • DigiVue Elite — This lens starts out at $219 (not including the price of your frames). You can then choose the Verilite Polycarbonate lens (which is included with this lens option), or the Verithin (Hi-Index) lens that is a bit thinner than the polycarbonate lens and works well with rimless glasses. This thinner lens costs an additional $40.

One other option for lenses that is not mentioned with the above options is transition lenses. These lenses cost $80 in addition to your frames and whatever other coatings that you will be adding.

If you would like to add an anti-reflective coating to your lenses as well, you can do so for $55. This coating will help to eliminate glare and should make driving at night easier.

Contact Lenses

If you have decided that contact lenses are the best option for you, you will be happy to know that America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, unlike a number of online eyeglasses providers, sells contacts online. On its website, you can select from a number of different brands of contacts.

America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses offers two of its own contact brands here as well:

• Sofmed — These contacts are basic soft disposable contact lenses.
  • Acuvue — These lenses help with astigmatism, are UV blocking, and come with added hydraclear plus.

The company also offers the following brands online:

• Sofmed
  • Soflens
  • X-Cel
  • FreshLook
  • Proclear

Pricing among brands and contact types varies.

Free Eyeglasses Exams

If you decide to go into an America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses location to purchase two pairs of glasses, you qualify to get a free eyeglasses examination. It is important to note that you will only get it for free if you buy the two pairs of glasses. If you end up getting a contact lens examination in the process, you will be charged for the examination.

Contact Lens Exam

Having all of your eye needs taken care of in one place is not always an easy thing to do. America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses offers Contact Lens Exams for just $89. In this appointment, you will meet with an optometrist who can help you understand what type of contacts that your eyes need. It is likely that they will suggest that you attend a class on contact use in order to make sure that you do so safely.

Bundle Pricing

Who doesn’t love a good deal? If you are planning on investing in more than one pair of glasses, it will be cheaper for you to invest in the 2-for-1 package deal that is offered. This package allows you to select any two frames that cost $59.99 individually for just $69.99 together.

You should be aware that this only provides you with the frames for the cheapest lens option. If you would like to upgrade any part of your order, additional charges will be added.

The Bad

• Low Quality Products
  • Poor Customer Service
  • Advertising
  • Hidden Fees
  • No Guarantee

Low Quality Products

One of the challenges when purchasing products that are being sold for lower prices is not knowing if they are good quality. A number of customer reviews have mentioned that the frames provided in the 2-for-1 deal are cheap and do not last. Those who have purchased some of the more expensive frames have also had challenges with them. Frames have broken, bent, or lost screws within a matter of days in some cases.

Other reviews talk about the lens quality and clarity not being the same as lenses that they have purchased through other providers (even with the same prescription). If you are concerned about this happening, make sure that you do your research first.

Poor Customer Service

Unfortunately, a number of customers have complained that customer service has been sub-par. Employees have brushed them off when they have gone into physical locations and have been less than helpful. Some reviews report that representatives have rolled their eyes at them as they ask questions and seek clarification.

This is not true in all cases, but the vast majority of reviews provided online (from a variety of sources) are less than three out of five stars.

Advertising

Beware the advertisements that you may see from America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses. Unfortunately, though some parts of them are true, the majority has been skewed. Ads for the 2-for-1 deal fail to explain that you will need to pay for any additional coatings, quality lenses, and a required one-year protection package. Though you hope to pay just $69.99, it is likely that you will be charged over $200. It would be beneficial for you to get online and go through the options in the cart to get a better idea of what the final pricing for your glasses is going to look like before going into any physical location.

Hidden Fees

Unfortunately the hidden fees that are involved with America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses stem from some of the most basic features offered.

• Protection Package — Coatings will resist abrasions, provide 100% UV absorption, and come with a one-year protection plan. Costs $69 for two pairs.
    Transitions Signature Package — Lenses will darked upon exposure to sunlight and comes with the same one-year protection plan. Costs $128 for both pairs of glasses.
  • Anti-Reflective Coating — This premium coating helps with glares and night vision. It costs $88 for both pairs.

If you decide that you would like to upgrade to the polycarbonate lenses, you will be required to purchase a $21 protection package. Though this is not openly advertised, it is automatically added to your total when checking out online.

No Guarantee

America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses says that it provides a guarantee. Unfortunately, that guarantee is a one-time guarantee that will replace your glasses if they are damaged during the first couple of weeks of use. It has not been uncommon for multiple pairs of glasses to break during these first few weeks. It appears to be due to the quality of the frames. If you have already had a pair replaced, America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses does not claim responsibility.

Long story short, its guarantee is short term and largely ineffective.

The Bottom Line

If you have struggled to find frames that you like in the past, America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses offers a number of options. That being said, it does not have the best reputation for quality frames. With largely negative reviews, we would recommend looking to other online eyewear providers before recommending this company. Don’t get distracted by the promotions that seem to be great deals unless you understand what hidden fees might be involved.

Britni Laidler Lindon, UT

Been going here for years. They always are knowledgeable and helpful. They have an eyecare club that is amazing and helps with the cost for those who don't have vision insurance.

Debra Sims Chicago, IL

I believe this is one of the best contact and glasses place ever and there are so many nice people in Indianapolis at the East Washington store. Especially their General Manager Nikki. She's awesome

Tony Wilson ,

I bought a pair of progressive bifocals. The lenses were loose in the frames upon pickup. Wasn't offered adjustment upon pickup at all. Just here you go good luck. Found loose screw in one side of lens and tighten it then still loose. Two weeks later take them back in and explain lenses are loose. She put in a larger screw which is obviously not a solution. Says there's nothing she can do that it's just the way the lenses fit in there. Was told to wear them until my warranty was about to expire and come in and get new pair. What? Two weeks later screw fell out and I took them back in. At first I was told there was nothing they could do since it was past the 30 days. After finding out I came in earlier she offered to replace them but said I needed a different frame. Then she saw I had written a bad review of them on their website so she gave me two free pair. Manager was very helpful but other staff obviously weren't. If it wasn't for the review which I amended later she wouldn't have been so inclined to help. The frames are cheaply made. Most of them. My second pair seems better quality. Lenses are not loose in frame. I've worn glasses over 60 years and I know they can be tight. I got better quality at a local large optometry clinic but perhaps not cheaper. If you want cheap America's best is okay but watch quality and customer service. Good luck

Samantha Grabert Salt Lake City, UT

Was a decent experience, nothing really special and customer service was ok.

Jaida Williams Tallahassee, FL

I received my first pair of prescription glasses from here. They fit my face very well and were also very stylish. Staff know what they are talking about.

Mark Troxel Provo, UT

Both my wife and I have purchased glasses at America's Best. They have a good selections of budget frames and more expensive ones if you want. Cost of frames includes basic lenses. Price goes up quickly with coatings and specials like bifocals.

Carol Knight Salt Lake City, UT

Terrific economical way to get eye exams and order glasses for a very reasonable price. However, there is a wait time for orders that is sometimes longer than most eyeglass orders.

Connor Farmington, UT

This is the best deal, value, and optometrist ever. Their online service is great and if you ever need to go in for an emergency it's only a short wait to see the doctor. Their membership is the best deal out of any optometry I've seen.

Katie Elliott ,

I recently purchased two sets of glasses from America's Best. The customer service was great. I will be using them again.

Jolene Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used America's Best for both my contacts and eyeglasses. Their prices can't really be beat and they have lots of selections of frames. They are professional and work hard to get me what I need.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

America's best always works with me to find the perfect frames and to make sure I leave satisfied. They have a wonderful selection of eyeglasses and different brands of contacts and colors to choose from as well.

Erin Glendening Livingston, LA

I love America’s best because recently I was able to get two pairs of glasses with one pair half off and if you can’t know that last time supercenter that was a super great deal optometrist are great as well.

cb Thibodaux, LA

I bought 2 pairs of glasses from here and they are by far the best quality and price you'll find for great looking and working glasses! The doctors were very friendly and helped me find the perfect pair!

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses has been a great source for family contacts. They are good quality and economical. They have speedy prescriptions for all of our contacts that we need.

ltrain8796 Orem, UT

My wife and both our kids need glasses. After seeing an Ad for America's Best, I decided to give them a try. Their staff have been so helpful and friendly, their prices have been great. and after several year and glasses, now contacts, we're still with them.

Silvia Lobendahn Orem, UT

Both of my kids need glasses and contacts. I like the flexibility to schedule appointments online and that they have some services available on Saturdays as well. My kids love their frames too.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

The deals are insane! I love the whole two glasses for XX amount. All from generic name brands to the top brand names like Armani. Plus, the doctors and staff are so friendly.

Grayden Larson Riverton, UT

I’ve purchased both glasses and eye contacts here and I have no complaints! The staff is professional and friendly! The doctors are kind and helpful

FIXITART West Jordan, UT

More like Americas Worst! Both the wife and myself got new glasses. Both of our glasses were not correct prescriptions. We went back and found my wife's were not even closes and I had cataracts. The technician said my cataracts were the cause of my blindness and I should have know I had issues. They did give us both new glass at no charges but if was a 2 month ordeal to get them. You have many choices out there, go somewhere where you get the glasses the same day.

Kurt Lucas Olney, MD

America's Best Contacts and eyeglasses is the best value out there. They ship very quickly.

take7 Sandy, UT

Like that I have a store close by I have the option to check out too. Cheaper than my doctor's office and repeat service is always helpful and nice.

Amy Christian Sandy, UT

I ended up changing to another company because every time I tried to call to order new contacts they couldn’t find the prescription and would make me call their eye dr to get the script. So difficult every time

GS95ER Baytown, TX

Had no issues making a timely appointment. The service was also quick, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Great value for great eye wear.

Diamond Collins Jacksonville, FL

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses provides cheap glasses and great deals. My entire family always get our glasses from them.

Tochica Baptiste Tallahassee, FL

America's best is a good eye place, the last time I went through, they did not have a doctor and did not have for months. This was an extreme inconvenience.

Tony Riverton, UT

Have purchased eyeglasses there for me and my wife. Pretty good selection of frames and a the price is good if you're buying multiple pairs.

Patrick Curry Salt Lake City, UT

Such a great company. Love the prices, the quality and the selection they have to chose from

Nikki Zimmerman Eagle Mountain, UT

Great quality glasses for the money! My son and husband have both purchased glasses from here and they love them!

Mailey Kingston, MO

Fast and easy and friendly. Cheap and loved my frames. They were super helpful. First time going was a good experience

Juan Beaver, PA

I used to go to America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses but i no longer due because of the price.. After paying over $400 i felt stupid when i found out i could have got my contacts and glasses at half the price.

Alexa Pitre New Orleans, LA

The glasses I got here are PERFECT! They fit me well and I can see well though them.

Kinord C Tallahassee, FL

The staff are always friendly and knowledgeable about their selection of glasses.

Jessica Eagle Mountain, UT

I like the specials that American best offers. They have a lot of glasses to choose from.

terryjamison Madison, MS

Order my contacts from America’s best very high quality and keep you staying focused

Cam McClellan Magna, UT

The eyeglasses that we ordered online from America’s best weren’t the best quality but the price was cheaper than other places.

April Jones Tremonton, UT

The Dr was great and they have good deals. But it is hard to find the glasses you want in the prices they advertise.

Mary Haring Sandy, UT

I came here to get last minute glasses because my insurance ran out for the year. The advertising is sneaky and it costs way more than you think.

Lknls Salt Lake City, UT

Great customer service. Easy to work with. A little expensive but I got what I needed.