Lindon Farms

2.6

Lindon Farms is a brand branched off of “The Ready Project” with their main focus being on a monthly food storage auto shipment program. This company is a provider of freeze dried and dehydrated food products which are USDA approved and undergo regular third-party inspections and audits, ensuring meals are safe when they arrive to member’s homes.

#1 Emergency Essentials Logo Emergency Essentials ›

7.7

Overall
Score

#2 Lds.org Logo Lds.org ›

6.8

Overall
Score

#3 Red Cross Logo Red Cross ›

6.2

Overall
Score

#16 Lindon Farms Logo Lindon Farms

2.6

Overall
Score

The Good

• Purchase options
  • Discount

The sole aspect that sets this company apart is their deliverance of food storage on a monthly auto shipment program. Each month customers will receive a unique storage kits ranging from entrées to soups and desserts. For example, one month will include soups and vegetables, another will include an assortment of breakfast items, and the next will have an assortment of entrées and sides. There are a total of seven storage kits in this program and by enrolling, customers will receive free shipping. All meals meet the daily 2000 calorie requirement, with many of their products having a 25 year shelf life.

Not everyone wants to be tied to a monthly auto ship program, which is why they also offer products in kits, as well as individually on a one-time purchase option. Products include entrées, vegetables, fruits and freeze dried storage kits. They sell at little as a seven day food storage option and up to a three year supply for one person. Prices are fair with a 360 serving option coming in around $432, whereas some competitors with the same serving size being priced close to $750.

Another aspect to consider if trying to save some hard earned money is by joining the email newsletter list. By doing so, shoppers will receive an automatic 25% discount on their first order.

The Bad

• Product limitations
  • Customer service
  • Educational resources

This company offers such an assortment and variety of fruits, however, we would like to see more of a vegetable and bean product line incorporated into their product list, as well as more meat options. It seems that back in 2013 they offered these options which were USDA approved, but have since removed them from their product list.

As far as customer inquiries via Facebook, company representatives are not ones to jump on customer service and answer questions, which can probably leave consumers in the dark regarding their products. We attempted to reach them several times and were consistently directed to voicemail, which is fairly unimpressive.

Educational resources are pretty scarce. They offer a blog, however the latest (and only) post was dated back to Nov. 2013. They also use social media as a source of emergency and food storage education, but like their blog, it is out of date with the last post being on January, 1st wishing followers a Happy New Year.

The Bottom Line

Being that this company brand is focused on auto shipment, it may not be for everyone. However, those seeking the convenience of these kinds of programs may be delighted to have an array of high quality options shipped to their door without the hassle of having to reorder. An important aspect to keep in mind is they do not offer any meat products, and have a broader selection of fruit over any other items. If these attributes are appealing, this could be a great company to consider for food storage needs.

June V Willoughby

October 2nd, 2017 Dallas, OR

I ordered product on Sept 7, 2017. Have sent 2 emails to their customer service - no response. Tried calling their number - told to leave a message. Can't sign onto site as don't have password. When click on "Forgot your password" link - it doesn't go anyplace. It is now 9/29 and I have not received the product, cannot get on their website to cancel the automatic order or check the order status, cannot reach anyone in their customer service by phone. This feels like a real scam. Calling my credit card company today. Will never order from them again and advise anyone else to go elsewhere for this type of product. Update: After I posted this, I went to my credit card bill and noticed a different phone number by the charge. I called that and got Customer Service for The Ready Project. The woman I spoke with was able to cancel my recurring order as well as the current order which still hadn't been shipped. I told her I had emailed The Ready Project twice, that no one answered the customer service number and it was the worst customer service I had ever had. It didn't sound like I was the first one to say that. She was very nice and I emphasized I wasn't upset with her but the company had lost my business.

June V Willoughby

September 29th, 2017 Dallas, OR

Brian May

September 27th, 2017 South Jordan, UT

Same as the review. Product didn't ship when expected. No one answers emails/calls.

Mary Pat Revisky

April 19th, 2017 Sarasota, FL

They do not answer their phone, my order was placed on the 4th of April, this is the 19th of April. No replies to my message. Big mistake.

Charlene Noblick

October 24th, 2016 Twinsburg, OH

We ordered October 7, 2016, and today is October 24, 2016 ans STILL have not received our order! NO COMMUNICATION FROM LINDON FARMS...no response to email , phone call, no answer when you call...no name from person you are leaving a message to. I certainly cannot recommend their customer service. I am disappointed in the reviews I read...no gluten free products?? No sanitary water products?? I wish I had read reviews before ordering. Very disappointed. Never again!