CCS Medical Logo
LAST UPDATED: November 17th, 2023

CCS Medical provides patients with medical supplies delivered to their homes. It is a single source provider of equipment for diabetes management such as insulin pump systems, CGM systems, and testing supplies. CCS Medical also offers its patients the convenience of providing a long list of other medical supplies including ostomy supplies, wound care supplies, breast pumps, orthotics, and urology supplies.

CCS possesses a number of important industry accreditations from CHAP, The Compliance Team, Inc., JCAHO, and importantly VIPPS, the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy. In addition to these accreditations, CCS Medical is a Medicare Competitive Bid company which helps it stand out from competitors. It is critical for an online diabetic supplies company to hold pharmacy licenses or permits in all states in order to best serve customers — CCS Medical holds pharmacy licenses or permits in all states.

Some of the major concerns customers have when shopping for diabetic medical supplies are affordability, insurance acceptance, and whether a company participates with Medicare and Medicaid. CCS Medical is a participating Medicare provider, accepts Medicaid in most states, and also accepts most private medical insurance plans.

The ordering and reordering process with CCS Medical is fairly industry standard. New customers fill out a brief form on its website and are then contacted by a customer service representative, or they can call customer service directly. When customers need to reorder, they can do so through their CCS Medical Patient Portal. A customized shipping schedule and reminders can be set up based on customers’ supply needs, their doctor’s treatment plan, and their insurance requirements. This is a convenient feature offered by CCS Medical.

The Good

• Dedicated Phone Numbers by Medical Issue
  • Payment Plans
  • Variety of Diabetic Supplies
  • Customer Education
  • Free, Discreet Delivery

Dedicated Phone Numbers by Medical Issue

CCS Medical’s “Contact Us” page has a list of customer service phone numbers divided by issue, so you don’t have to go through the hassle of calling a generic customer service line and narrowing down your inquiry yourself. You can call the number for diabetes questions and concerns directly, which saves you time and effort.

Payment Plans

CCS Medical’s website states that customers can pay by check, mail-in, or over the phone. The company also has various payment plans available as well, but we can’t find more information about what these plans entail.

Variety of Diabetic Supplies

CCS Medical offers a complete line of brand name medical supplies for many types of health needs. Specifically relating to diabetes, the company offers insulin pumps, glucose monitoring systems, and other diabetic supplies like testing strips, lancing devices, lancets, and control solution.

These supplies come from top brands including Ascensia, Trividia Health (formerly Nipro), LifeScan, Abbott, Dexcom, Medtronic, and Tandem.

Customer Education

CCS Medical has certified diabetes educators on staff. These professionals can answer any questions you may have about supplies or diabetes in general. The company also has a helpful website that answers plenty of questions about insurance, diabetes health, and other health topics.

Plus, CCS hosts a blog that remains current with regular content. Topics include news about medical breakthroughs and advice about living with diabetes. CCS also devotes a section of its website to nutrition that includes recipes, videos, and exercise tips.

Free, Discreet Delivery

CCS Medical offers free standard shipping on all orders, and delivers directly to your door. This allows you to receive your supplies in private and maintain discretion that is not always afforded when you have to pick up supplies yourself at the doctor’s office or pharmacy.

The Bad

• Minimal Product Inventory Displayed Online
  • Customer Service

Minimal Product Inventory Displayed Online

While CCS Medical mentions many products and supplies related to diabetes maintenance that it offers, we can only find a few products in its online inventory. Specifically, there doesn’t seem to be a listing for testing strips, lancing devices, control solution, etc.

It could be that these products are only available through your customer portal once you sign up for an account, but regardless, CCS Medical’s full inventory line is not viewable by the general public — nor are its prices, for that matter.

Customer Service Complaints

Some customers have had negative experiences with CCS Medical’s customer service department, including instances of never getting their original supplies or being told their supplies were coming one day but then they actually came days later. When it comes to essential medical supplies like diabetes supplies, you need to receive reliable shipments on time, and it seems that CCS Medical has had instances where that hasn’t happened.

The Bottom Line

CCS Medical offers many medical supplies online and delivers discreetly right to your door. The company has had some customer service complaints, but seems to offer a wide selection of diabetes management products and has all the necessary licenses and permits to operate in all 50 states, so even if you move around, the company’s products will still be available to you.

View Best Diabetic Supplies Online Companies

1.0

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

Jm Robinson

Horrible company, READ the reviews. See what your customer or saying. Poor service On Hold for hours then be told to leave your number for a call back..doesn't happen Shipped order to old address after l spent two hours on hold and speaking to representatives. I was assured it would come to new address,Nope old address.ask what they were going to do about it l get an email they couldn't find my account 30 days without my sensors. The sensor falls off of a man working outside first day forget a shower, any moisture it falls off Wanted 100 bucks to replace it..changing my provider of this product contact Abbott about this company

John Genatossio Perkasie, PA

I cannot tell you how many times CCS Medical has screwed up my shipment sending me the wrong item. Thank God I caught it on time. How many times they promised overnight delivery and it takes a week . They do not go over and beyond on their mistakes all they say is, we’re sorry there’s nothing we can do. How original is that!

Joann Hovan

No communication when paperwork from doctor incorrect. Two weeks after CCS said they would send an urgent request to doctor and fast track process, still waiting. I had to pay for my adult childs supplies from CVS to keep her alive. We have been dealing with CCS for almost 20 years and never had issues like this. Very disappointed with how bad things have become.

Sandra Haim Whiting, NJ

For no known reason by numerous people answering the phones, I was unable to get the G7 for my 96 year old father. He had the G6 and the company asked him to upgrade but then they never sent it to him and each time we called we were on hold for 30 minutes then told it was on its way. This went on for a month. In the meantime my deaf and legally blind father had to go back to frequent finger sticks. We have since switched companies and received the G7 within 7 days from putting in the initial order. I do not recommend this company.

2 months ago Edited October 9, 2023

Yardman1234 Knoxville, TN

My diabetic specialist put in an order for Dexcom 7, been over 5 weeks, depending on what customer service you talk to, they have different stories why I haven’t got them yet. My doctor called the sales rep, he said it will be shipped today, that was 7 days ago. I will ask my doctor to use someone else for my supplies. I am a diabetic and they have let me go 6 weeks without being able to check my level.

Jskins Bethlehem, PA

I have been with this company for 6 years. I used them for a Dexcom G6. They got better and better as the years went on. I then switched to a Dexcom G7 and they have continually messed up my order over and over and over again! I get 3 sensors per month and they have sent me ONE (1) sensor 3 times in 5 months! So in 5 months they got my order wrong 3 times! This after making me wait 5 months to start my G7 delivery in the first place! I am without any sensor for the 3rd time in 5 months and I am rightfully furious! Does this seem like a good medical provider to you?

Toreka

8/3 called and placed my order. They said 5-7 days I would be getting my supplies. 8/16 called back because I have no supplies (Dexcom) and have been out for a couple days. They say I needed a drs order but they see that they have it now. They will overnight my supplies. Several days and nothing. I call back 8/18. Woman doesn’t know what happened but says they are being released. Says will be overnighted. 8/22 still nothing. This time they say that they needed to manually release. So it was the perso I talked to ‘s mistake. And they’ve started a new system so a lot of people are having issues. 8/28. Nothing still. This time a hateful guy answers. I’m complaining and he says well it will be there tomorrow and there’s really nothin he can do since it’s already shipped. Never in my life have I had a company straight up lie like this. I’m so frustrated. How do they stay in business?! I told them these are life and death issues. They told me they know. Well how about fixing your issues and let us get our supplies and some type of peace of mind?! Bloody idiots.

J Parkhillville Fernley, NV

Agree with everyone else. Similar experiences. Although i have been a 20 yr customer of CCS medical. This non sense is relatively new. 4-5 yrs ago issues started, now it has become monthly. Nothing is on time, They lie over and over ever call says “I will get the shipment out”. Then it never ships. AGAIN!!!!! The latest excuse is again needing a prescription from the physician who just updated that 3 months ago. They cant find it. They lost it? They will contact the physician for a new one. And in the process contact the retired physician from 15 years ago, certainly not the current physician of record for 8 yrs. Ive contacted numerous supervisors and direct customer relations. They dont care. How do Insurance companies pay these people. Insurance….stop forcing us to use this supply company. They are killing us. Diabetics need the prescribed products. Insurance will not pay for products outside of the authorized shipper/medical supply company and most CGM and insulin pump supplies cant be purchased elsewhere in common pharmacies. If anyone makes a lawsuit I want in as well. Someone noted “if I die” from this, sue CCS. This is no joke. CCS is killing its customers by withholding lifesaving medical supplies. Ive had to order emergency “ free samples” from the manufacturer and my local physician 3 times in 6 months. They blame the doctors for current paperwork, they blame insurance for laws. Its always someone else's fault. Next month will be no current medical notes, then needing a prescription, then, insurance must authorize. Round and round we go. Every three to four months just rotate excuses.

Sam Valparaiso, IN

My son is a type 1 diabetic who gets his Dexcom CGM sensors from CCS Medical. These sensors are constantly shipped late. Six of the past 12 months, they were shipped late. I have sent an email to the manager of patient services; Jennifer W regarding this. THREE requests and NO REPLY. I have also sent an email to the Chief Operations Officer; Steve K. THREE requests and NO REPLY. I am working with my son's insurance company to have these sensors available at CVS pharmacy. Once the insurance company approves this, then it will be good riddance to CCS Medical. If you are having shipping problems, I highly recommend you contact your insurance company and request pharmacy pick-up for the Dexcom CGM sensors. If I could give a negative rating for CCS Medical, I WOULD!

Marleen Cohran Birmingham, AL

Absolutely the worse company ever. I have been out of my Dexcome G6 supplies and can't seem to get this straightened out so they can send them. CCS Medical Supplies representative says they need a new prescription from my doctor. My doctor has sent one in to them every month since October 2022 and sent it to them 5 times in January 2023 and CCS Medical Supplies still says they have not received it. Their employees will lie to you and tell you they will fix everything right up for you and in a suger sweet voice say is there anything else I can do for you and have a great day knowing that everything they said they would do is a lie. How do they sleep at night knowing they are risking someone's life with their lies? Run away from this company as fast as you can as you will only have high blood pressure from dealing with them and still not getting the supplies that your life depends on. I have instructed my family that if I die from CCS Medicals negligence then get a lawyer and sue the pants off of them. If anyone starts a class action suit against them then let me in on it, please.

10 months ago Edited January 19, 2023

Joel Sinden Germantown, WI

Hard to work with and ordering is a pain. Difficult to get ahold of and forget about trying to teach someone by email. They never respond.

Dangerous Devil Official West Valley City, UT

If I could rate them zero, or even negative stars, I WOULD! I wanted to take the time to recognize them for never following through on their end to finish getting me my supplies as promised, time and time again! After wasting my time on the phone and through emails, literally for hours. This company is an absolute joke and embarrassment to the health care profession. And all off them should be FIRED who cannot complete their jobs! It is time we as consumers DEMAND MORE! They have left countless patients who depend on life sustaining diabetes supplies including me without them, more times than I care to remember. They can’t handle something as simple as adding my secondary insurance to my account, as every single month it had to be re added “because they didn’t have any record of it”. And on and on with the total disfunction at this company. Out of the six months I should have received my supplies, this company sent them to me three. That is a disgrace. A dysfunctional disgrace. End of story. One look at this companies’ reviews online shows the lack of care, professionalism and follow through on the companies’ end. Luckily for me, I will have a new supplier starting today. And will never have to deal with this company again! But I plan to post the absolutely horrible experience I had with this company anywhere I can online to hopefully warn others to stay away if they value their health at all! Including YouTube videos. How this company has stayed in business is a complete mystery to me. As it is totally clear this is the usual and expected type of experience with this company. It is time to call people out and companies in today’s world, when you can’t even complete the basic functions of customer service with your job. I even had a guy named “Will” who was supposedly gonna walk me all the way through the process to make sure it was all finally fixed. In the “resolution team”. Yeah right. Another person who never finished what he said or even contacted me again. They straight up lie to you on the phone. Avoid these crooks and unprofessional people AT ALL COSTS!!!

Sharon Stiggers

Rhey keep claiming my clinic did not fill in the coding corrrctly for a simple CGM. I and my doctor have gone round and round with them. I see once again on the website shipment has not been done. Have been 2 months unable to test my BG levels. Worst company I have evet seen.

homer simpson Bulger, PA

Left me without my supplies 6 times this year poor customer service had box of supplies damage and they will not replace