Simple Debt Solutions

7.5

LAST UPDATED: February 4th, 2023

Simple Debt Solutions is a debt consolidation service that services consumers in the United States with overwhelming amounts of unsecured debt. The company specializes in negotiating an appropriate debt consolidation payment plan with creditors to get the consumer back on track to being debt-free.

Simple Debt Solutions (SDS)  has been in business for more than 15 years and has a simple three-step process for consolidating debt. An SDS professional works with the consumer step by step to ensure a customized plan.

The Good

• Focuses on Multiple Debt Consolidation Options
  • Wide Range of Coverage
  • Has a Clear 3-Step Debt Relief Process
  • CDRI Premier Member

Focuses on Multiple Debt Consolidation Options

Simple Debt Solution’s primary focus is getting consumers out of debt. They work with a large marketplace of lenders and debt relief companies to get you the help you need.

After applying for debt consolidation, a specialist will contact you and do an assessment of your financial profile. They will discuss your monthly income, the desired amount of debt you would like consolidated, and go over your current monthly payments to the creditors.

With that information, they will be able to present you with the best offers from within their network of financial service companies. The goal is to work around your budget and choose the most affordable option.

Wide Range of Coverage

Simple Debt Solutions offers its services in 37 states. Being available in most states is a unique feature of SDS.

Additionally, SDS has a customer service number that links to a Certified Debt Specialist to ensure all questions are answered.

Has a Clear 3-Step Debt Relief Process

Simple Debt Solutions outlines a straightforward three-step process for debt resolution on its website.

• Review — The first step of the process is to meet with a Certified Debt Specialist who will review your financial situation and provide you with your debt consolidation options.
  • See Offers — Select one of the personalized offers to help you save money and become debt-free sooner.
  • Resolve — Accept the offer that best fits your needs.

The cost of this plan is unknown but having it broken down in this general process helps a consumer have an idea of how things will go. The company does state on its interactive debt calculator that the minimum debt for a case is $7,500.

CDRI Premier Member

Simple Debt Solutions is a premier member of the CDRI (Consumer Debt Relief Initiative). The CDRI’s goal is to help protect consumers by upholding strict industry standards to ensure consumers have access to ‘safe and transparent solutions to achieve financial stability.’

We appreciate Simple Debt Solution for aligning itself with an institution that aims to protect consumers. This shows us that the company is truly dedicated to helping those in need by adhering to a higher standard of integrity.

The Bad

• No Visible Refund Policy
  • Only Offers Consultations and Doesn’t List a Price Breakdown

No Visible Refund Policy

The refund process for Simple Debt Solutions is not clear on the website. For consumers, working with a company that doesn't have a transparent approach can complicate the process. Even if the company has a pricing structure that does not allow for refunds, we would like to see this pricing structure made more clear on the company's site.

Typically with debt relief companies, customers won't pay anything upfront, so debt relief companies only make money if they help you settle your debts. Thus, not all debt relief companies have a refund or money-back policies, which is something to consider, should you choose to use one.

Only Offers Consultations and Doesn’t List a Price Breakdown

Unfortunately, if a consumer is looking to price shop, this is not easily accessible information on the company's website. All prices (fees) are given after a consultation and are built into the payments to a creditor.

Since most companies operate on a quote-based system, customers should know that debt relief isn't the easiest industry to price shop.

The Bottom Line

Simple Debt Solutions is a considerable option for those struggling to pay off their debt. The company works with multiple lenders to devise a plan that allows you to choose which solution works best for you.

SDS has a fairly simple three-step process, which makes for a quick turnaround time. It’s important to note that SDS does not fund your loans. The company works with a number of lenders and allows you to easily compare rates, terms, and costs. This means it's possible you won’t automatically be accepted for a consolidation loan unless you meet the criteria and are approved by the actual lender. This is not unusual, just something to be aware of. It also means that price shopping will take some time, as you have to wait for lenders to come back with their offers.

Simple Debt Solutions is a CDRI Premier Member. While the CDRI or Consumer Debt Relief Initiative is a young company itself (founded in 2020), we appreciate SDS establishing itself as a consumer-focused company. The mission of the CDRI is to help debt-ridden consumers through safe and transparent financial solutions. It’s good to see this young company aligning itself with institutions dedicated to protecting consumers.

View Best Debt Relief Companies

not_listed_location

Simple Debt Solutions Frequently Asked Questions

What is debt consolidation?

Debt consolidation is a financial strategy designed to combine debts into one monthly payment. It works well for consumers who are burdened by high interest rate debt looking to save money and become debt-free faster.

What are the benefits of debt consolidation?

Consolidating existing high-rate credit card and personal loan debt with a lower interest rate may help you save money monthly and pay off debt faster. Terms range between 24-60 months.

Do I qualify for debt consolidation?

Once you apply for debt consolidation, a company specialist will contact you and do an assessment of your financial profile. They will discuss your monthly income, the desired amount of debt you would like consolidated, and go over your currently monthly payments to the creditors. With that information they will be able to present you offers from Simple Debt Solutions' network of lenders, the interest rates available for you, loan pay-back terms and monthly payment options. The goal is to work around your budget and choose the most affordable option.

What is the fee?

Simple Debt Solutions does not charge fees to consumers. Once an offer is accepted and the company is permitted by law, it will receive compensation directly from the lender or affiliate that disburses the loan.
Message from
Simple Debt Solutions

A Simple way to the find the best Debt Consolidation options to save you both time and money.

5.0

anthony “Tony” gutierrez Tustin, CA

I responded to mail offer loan, I did not qualify. But Alfredo D, of Simple Debt Solutions, worked with me to get approval for Debt Consolidation Program. Alfredo, was kind helpful and through qualifying stages and answered each of my questions. At the end of the call, I felt informed of my options and the aware of the benefits that will help me consolidate my debts and repair my credit. I have seen other company's that provide this service, but not with an app and customer service for tracking progress. I made the decision to join Simple Debt Solutions, with the understanding that this is not an overnight fix, but is a seed that will grow and bring the good fruit of paying off bad debt settlements and have my credit restored, for new future opportunities. Thank you Mr. D. Thank you SDS!

Theresa McMoore Las Vegas, NV

I was skeptical at first with this whole process because I never missed a payment but Ray was very helpful, professional, and patient when he explained the whole process. Thank you Ray

Cart Man League City, TX

Kevin P was great! He was very helpful and made everything very easy to understand.

ArrowokAuthentic Las Vegas, NV

Pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to enroll in the Debt Consolidation Program. Kevin was a true professional and explained everything thoroughly. Great compact high recommend it.

Connie Coatney

Alfredo was so kind and helpful. His compassion and understanding nature made the decision to move forward so much easier.

Linda Williams Jackson, MS

Ray the Representative was very professional, knowledgeable, and made you feel at ease. After speaking with Ray I felt as though I made the right choice in becoming debt free. Now I can focus on my health

michael miller Indianapolis, IN

Kirk is great caring person. Work with you. Great great great

BillinSF San Francisco, CA

After a bumpy start, their team was quite responsive to my concerns and resolved all of them. Looking forward to working with them.

Jolene Chartraw Osceola, WI

It was explained very well. Alen answered every question I had and was very courteous. Looking forward to being debt free.

tbolfing Galveston, TX

Stephen J explained the program very clearly, quickly and professionally. I appreciate the high level of customer service that he provided

rebecca cosme New Haven, CT

Stephen walked me through the processes gave me great feed back and made sure I was confident with this decision I made.

Ashlee Jones Lincoln, NE

I spoke to Daniel and he helped me so much! This unbelievable weight was lifted off my shoulders, and I couldn’t be more thankful. Daniel was amazing very friendly and informative, he made the process very easy and clear, and walked me through everything. 10/10 awesome guy! I would definitely recommend this company and Daniel! Ask for Daniel!!

Melissa Monks Fayetteville, TN

Jose R and Greg M very very helpful and I feel like they explained the process very well. They are both very friendly and easy to talk to and work with. I am excited about this and hope to get out of debt sooner.

Reply from Simple Debt Solutions

Thank you Melissa! We are delighted to be able to assist you. We are very excited as well and wish you the best of luck on your journey!

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Gabriel Rodriguez Houston, TX

Very helpful answered all my questions & very professional

Duma Gutierrez Ithaca, NY

costumer service is great than you Daniel for the good service.

Salty Blood Kingsland, GA

Almas is a great guy. Clear spoken, very polite, and could answer all my questions.

Brian Traverse City, MI

Chad was very helpful in explaining all the options to help me get out of debt and helping me set up a plan that fits in with my current budget. Thankyou Chad.

Financial Freedom Kenai, AK

I like how easy it was to understand how e erything worked and I really look forward to paying down my debt and getting off to a fresh start. Life is wonderful

Robert Lewis Chicago, IL

This company was easy to work with, and everything was explained so even an idiot like me could understand it.

Jenna Gerard Miamisburg, OH

Almas at Simple Debt Solutions was Absolutely wonderful, very helpful, very confident in his services and gave me a Feeling of hope.

Jerry Hughes Middletown, OH

I was very pleased with Tyler. He went above and beyond the call of duty. Very impressed with your company.. Thank you, Mary Hughes

Reply from Simple Debt Solutions

Thank you Mary! We are delighted you had a great experience! Looking forward to getting you out of this debt once and for all!

Sep. 21st, 2021

Tony Austin Flint, MI

I was relieved to have someone who understood what I was going through and a big thanks to Greg M for your help

Reply from Simple Debt Solutions

Thank you Tony! We are excited to see you become deb free!

Sep. 21st, 2021

larry Hammond Morristown, TN

Almas A was amazing. Answered all our questions and explained everything so that we understood everything.

Chantelle Brown Argos, IN

Fast friendly and trusting company. Monthly payments that work for me not put me further in debt.

Caitlin Huggins Ashland, NE

Very professional and thorough. Also he was very accessible for any of my questions and concerns.

Reply from Simple Debt Solutions

Thank you Caitlin for your review! It is our pleasure to assist you in taking the first step to becoming debt free!

Jun. 9th, 2021

Butch Olson Price, UT

Alas was very thorough on info I needed to understand the program.

John H Turner French Lick, IN

Simple, open conversation. He answered all of my questions fully.

Michele McComas Bloomington, IL

Robert was very helpful and made me feel very comfortable.

Mark Rymer Marinette, WI

Very excellent, could not find better help, great service