SmartCredit.com Logo

SmartCredit.com

4.1

SmartCredit.com offers a unique Smart Credit Report that provides users with more insight than a normal credit report, along with the ability to directly contact lenders through its service to quickly negotiate better terms, lower interest rates, higher credit limits, and more.

The credit monitoring service offers two memberships which include access to the company's ScoreTracker, ScoreBuilder, and ScoreMaster features.

Additionally, members can get unlimited credit monitoring, credit reports and scores from the credit bureau of your choice, a money manager tool, and up to $1 million in identity fraud insurance.

Keep reading to learn more about SmartCredit.com's credit monitoring services and to read customer reviews.

The Good

• Integrated Personal Finance Tools
  • Smart Credit Report
  • Action Buttons
  • Unlimited Credit Report Refreshes
  • Mobile App Offered
  • Membership Options

Integrated Personal Finance Tools

A big part of what makes SmartCredit.com more unique than a standard credit monitoring service is that it provides its customers with helpful personal finance tools alongside credit monitoring.

Similar to Mint, SmartCredit.com can link to consumers' bank accounts, major lenders, brokerage accounts, and so forth.

Once these accounts are linked, SmartCredit.com begins pulling consumers' transactions, purchase history, and payments each day. This lets consumers see all of their spendings in one place and even includes insightful reports and charts to help consumers see where all of their money went, as well as net worth calculations and more.

The company's ScoreTracker tool gives consumers access to their credit history and is designed to help consumers see how they are progressing with their credit.

SmartCredit.com's ScoreBuilder tool allows consumers to view the negative accounts that are weighing down their credit score and provides consumers with a 120-day plan that is designed to help them build their credit.

Lastly, the company's ScoreMaster tool is designed to help consumers actively monitor their credit card activity, spending, and payments.

Smart Credit Report

SmartCredit.com's major selling point is its patented Smart Credit Report, which is basically a new way of displaying information found in a traditional credit report alongside money management features.

For example, if someone is browsing their credit report and sees that one of their credit cards has a higher balance than they remember, they can click a button and quickly see all of the recent transactions on that card. This provides users with an easy way of being able to see how their individual daily decisions contribute and form the numbers on their credit reports.

If a user's credit score is hurting because they're carrying a high balance on one of their cards, they can quickly dive in and see what they can cut from their spending to bring that balance down and improve their overall score.

Action Buttons

While browsing the Smart Credit Report, users are presented with a giant orange button for each account that reads Take Action. Clicking on it will take customers to a window where they can take many actions, for example:

• Request an increased credit limit
  • Inquire about a particular transaction
  • Request a lower interest rate
  • Ask for a derogatory mark to be removed
  • Negotiate to settle or defer payments

These are all things that can typically be done over the phone or at each lender/bank's website, but being able to do all of them from one central location is pretty impressive and is a definite time-saving feature. What's more, SmartCredit.com even allows users to dispute individual credit card charges that they don't recognize.

SmartCredit.com makes it easy and simple to negotiate with major lenders and correct inaccuracies on one's credit report.

Unlimited Credit Report Refreshes

Unlike some other companies in the credit monitoring industry, SmartCredit.com has not placed a limit on how often customers can refresh their credit report. This means that customers can access their scores and information in real-time instead of having to wait until the end of the week, month, or year to view their current scores.

Mobile App Offered

SmartCredit.com earns marks for providing a mobile app for its service. It provides most of the functionality of the full website by allowing users to access their full Smart Credit Report, credit score, money management features, alerts, and more.

Membership Options

The company offers two credit monitoring membership options: the basic membership and the premium membership.

The basic membership includes two Smart Credit report and score updates per month, unlimited use of ScoreTracker, ScoreBuilder, and ScoreMaster, five actions per month, unlimited credit monitoring and use of the money manager, a la carte credit reports and credit scores from all three major credit bureaus, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

The premium membership includes unlimited Smart Credit report and score updates as well as unlimited use of the score tracker, score builder, score master, and money manager tools, unlimited actions, credit monitoring, a la cart credit reports and score from the major credit reporting bureaus, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

Each membership offered costs a recurring monthly fee, with the premium membership being the most costly option between the two.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Scoring Model
  • Monthly Membership Fee
  • Security Concerns

Undisclosed Scoring Model

It is unclear which credit scoring models SmartCredit.com utilizes to provide its customers with credit scores. For example, most companies in the industry use either the FICO or VantageScore model, but this company has not disclosed the model that it uses. This lack of transparency may be a red flag to some potential customers.

Monthly Membership Fee

Unlike some other companies in the credit monitoring industry, SmartCredit.com makes customers pay monthly fees for its credit monitoring services.

Although the company's fees aren't incredibly high, it may turn customers away since there are other credit monitoring companies that offer free services. However, most free credit monitoring services do not offer as much as those who charge a monthly rate. In fact, SmartCredit.com provides significantly more features than most companies in the industry.

Security Concerns

Although there have been no reported data breaches or privacy complaints, one must always be wary about handing over so much personal information to one website. Because it does more than monitor consumers' credit, SmartCredit.com has access to bank account information and other sensitive data that makes it an especially big target to hackers.

The company's website is certified as secure by Norton, McAfee, and others, but users should carefully consider whether or not they're comfortable with placing all their financial eggs in one basket.

The Bottom Line

SmartCredit.com brings a unique blend of personal financial tools and credit monitoring to the industry. The functionality of the Smart Credit Report and its action buttons are fairly impressive in comparison to what the majority of credit monitoring companies offer.

The company has several, unique financial integration tools like ScoreTracker, ScoreBuilder, and ScoreMaster to help customers keep track of and maintain their credit scores. The company also has a money manager tool that can be incredibly useful to customers who want to be smarter with their spending.

While SmartCredit.com does provide quite a bit in terms of resources and services, the company does not seem to offer anywhere close to the same level of credit monitoring functionality as many of its competitors. Further, it is unclear which scoring model the company uses.

Ultimately, SmartCredit could be a good option if you expect to make heavy use of its action buttons to dispute inaccuracies, negotiate better terms, and streamline communication with your lenders, otherwise, users might be able to find a better value elsewhere.

View Best Credit Monitoring Companies

2.3

Brent Howzer Lehi, UT

I'm not sure what other credit report sites let you contact your creditor directly, but I think thats the best feature. I've used it many times, and was able to make many corrections to my credit report because of it. Nothing major, but some wrong info can sink you like a stone!

Florence Augustin Orlando, FL

Only because I cannot give less than one star. I requested information to sign up for credit repair. I was told I have to sign up with smartcredit.com first, which I reluctantly did. Right after I signed in with smartcredit.com, was not able to reach anyone, and they blocked my account on smartcredit.com and charged me 24.99. To my surprise when I called smartcredit.com customer services I found out they are also the credit repair company under the name Top Flight. Took me 3 calls and about 2 hrs total of being on hold to have my account cancelled.

Ariana Dupar Pilates Miami, FL

my score went down 21 pts. I was tracking my progress and telling m agent news about my score. I have never told about my rights to cancel my membership my five-day cancelation policy My agent did not help me to cancel my membership. she told me do it my self. I want my money back. since less in a month, i had to cancel my accont before my score go under 600.

Tria Granite City, IL

I am completely dissatisfied with this service, some of the account numbers do not show at all. There are two accounts mixed in within each other so I had to scroll up and down just to review the inconsistencies between the bureaus. Had I know I would have this experience I would have maintained receiving credit reports from TransUnion, Experian and Equifax. I request a full refund of the $13.95 and $29.95 back to my account immediately. All the information you provide should of course be in alignment and it was not!!! I'm super annoyed and when I thought I would just go ahead to give it try in helping increase my score, I was incredibly wrong!.

Shannon R Landreth Brandon, MS

If i could give negative stars of this "credit monitoring" company I would. This is the most ridiculous company I have ever dealt with. I visited their website on 11/18 and have been trying to cancel my membership since 11/20 due to the holiday I was unable to accomplish this (I called and emailed -BTW you CANNOT go to their website and "select cancel memembership) Once I finally got ahold of the company the dude that answered the phone argued with me about me actually trying to cancel, lectured me about how I need to keep the membership and check my information frequently...thank you Credit Karma I do this with ease with you and if I would like I can go through the same thing in December because he will give me a free month...BUT I need to call back and try to cancel this again. No thank you just give me my refund and cancel this dang thing. I honestly have not ever been argued with in the way I just was, I said that both times I have called i was on hold for over 5 minutes and was told "hmmm that is strange because just now it was ONLY 4 minutes and 18 seconds." Um actually JERK it was 5 minutes 28 seconds...I am timing you on my cell phone without even having to push a timer...WOW way to talk a customer into staying and keeping your service...Beware of this one, this guy had me seeing red!

Jennifer Chicago, IL

probably THE worst customer service I have ever received. When I called to cancel my recurring monthly payments (and was told they would cancel any future payments) no change was actually made to the account. When checking my credit card statement I noticed they had continued to bill me the next 2 months. I called back to request a refund, (since they did NOT in fact cancel my payments as they told me they would) but they would not issue a refund as they somehow had no record of my call. I was very disappointed with the rude way I was spoken to on the phone and also with the company's refusal to discuss the matter in a civilized way.

Jinny S. Lehi, UT

Still in the trial, but I like what I see! Totally simple to see where your credit is at, and easy to contact each creditor! Best news is, it's higher than I thought. :)

Bella Whiting, NJ

Because of them I disputed an account on my credit n now I’m in collections. After 3 yrs the account was closed. No good company did nothing for me all my disputes stayed the same. Took my money and did nothing

DIATRICH DEWALT Phoenix, AZ

First month was great paid basically 100 for get started and 20 a month after. 20 suppose to come with unlimited mean removals fixing things of that nature. But I know that they are not going to actually do that every month. Ok that's out the way they started off good sent out 6 letter for removal and I got 3 removed. Which is ok then they wait a month to see the results. That's another 20 which is ok I understand. Then after that nothing just l. Paid another 2 month for no work done and I'm suppose to have been on the unlimited plan. Not at all happy with these guys.

Deambe Corona, CA

I contacted this company to be removed from their service in which I never signed up for, by far worst customer service, sounds like the agent was working from home, Audrey did not use active listening skills, she talked in circles telling me I did use their service. I asked if they were associated with wallet hub she stated she doesn’t know because they have hundreds of affiliates. If I could give zero stars I would

Kim Clearwater, FL

This is a great product! It is easy to use and has so many tools to help you keep track of your funds and increase your credit score.

Nolan Houston, TX

Terrible customer service. I did not know which option I was signing up for as it doesn't give you the choice. Tried contacting customer service to resolve the issue. 20 minutes on hold. Tried to cancel my membership online and I was forced to call back as they would not cancel it. Never again.

Cursed Rider ,

I have sent many messages asking y'all to stop charging my account but you keep trying. SO PLEASE STOP 🛑

Michael Archer Lake Forest, CA

SmartCredit Helped me raise my score from low 600's to 800 in less than a year.

david morgan Wexford, PA

I was to get a free week then when I tried to cancel I was told I would get 30 days free. I tried to cancel 3 days later and all I get is a phone loop.

Nick w Salado, TX

Typical quick fix credit repair scam. No real foot work on their part. They charge you for what you already can/do for free.

Chet S Lehi, UT

Just signed up after the trial. Worth it's weight. Signing up my son too.