SmartCredit.com offers a unique Smart Credit Report that provides users with more insight than a normal credit report, along with the ability to directly contact lenders through its service to quickly negotiate better terms, lower interest rates, higher credit limits, and more.

The credit monitoring service offers two memberships which include access to the company's ScoreTracker, ScoreBuilder, and ScoreMaster features.

Additionally, members can get unlimited credit monitoring, credit reports and scores from the credit bureau of your choice, a money manager tool, and up to $1 million in identity fraud insurance.

Keep reading to learn more about SmartCredit.com's credit monitoring services and to read customer reviews.

#1 Identity Guard chevron_right
3.2
#2 ScoreSense chevron_right
3.5
#3 ScoreShuttle chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Integrated Personal Finance Tools
  • Smart Credit Report
  • Action Buttons
  • Unlimited Credit Report Refreshes
  • Mobile App Offered
  • Membership Options

Integrated Personal Finance Tools

A big part of what makes SmartCredit.com more unique than a standard credit monitoring service is that it provides its customers with personal finance tools alongside credit monitoring.

Similar to Mint, SmartCredit.com can link to all of your bank accounts, major lenders, brokerage accounts, and so forth.

Once these accounts are linked, SmartCredit.com begins pulling your transactions, purchase history, and payments each day. This lets you see all of your spending in one place and even includes handy reports and charts to help you see where all your money went, as well as net worth calculations and the like.

The company's ScoreTracker tool gives you access to your credit history and is designed to help you see how you are progressing with your credit.

SmartCredit.com's ScoreBuilder tool allows you to view the negative accounts that are weighing down your credit score and provides you with a 120-day plan that is designed to help you build your credit.

Lastly, the company's ScoreMaster tool helps you actively monitor your credit card activity, spending, and payments.

Smart Credit Report

SmartCredit.com's major selling point is its patented Smart Credit Report, which is basically a new way of displaying information found in a traditional credit report alongside money management features.

For example, if you're browsing your credit report and see one of your credit cards has a higher balance than you remember, you can click a button and quickly see all of the recent transactions on that card. This provides users with a really cool way of being able to see how their individual daily decisions contribute and form the numbers on their credit reports.

If your credit score is hurting because you're carrying a high balance on one of your cards, you can quickly dive in and see what you can cut from your spending to bring that balance down and improve your score.

Action Buttons

While browsing the Smart Credit Report, users are presented with a giant orange button for each account that reads Take Action. Clicking on it will take customers to a window where they can take many actions, for example:

• Request an increased credit limit
  • Inquire about a particular transaction
  • Request a lower interest rate
  • Ask for a derogatory mark to be removed
  • Negotiate to settle or defer payments

These are all things that can typically be done over the phone or at each lender/bank's website, but being able to do all of them from one central location is pretty impressive and is a definite time-saving tool. What's more, they even allow users to dispute individual credit card charges that they don't recognize.

SmartCredit.com makes it very easy and simple to negotiate with major lenders and correct inaccuracies on one's credit report.

Unlimited Credit Report Refreshes

SmartCredit.com has not placed a limit on how often customers can refresh their credit report, which means that customers can access their score in real time instead of having to wait until the end of the week, month, or year to view their current score.

Mobile App Offered

SmartCredit.com earns marks for providing a mobile app for its service. It provides most of the functionality of the full website by allowing users to access their full Smart Credit Report, score, money management features, alerts, and the like.

Membership Options

The company offers two credit monitoring membership options: the basic membership and the premium membership.

The basic membership costs $13.95 per month and includes two Smart Credit report and score updates per month, unlimited use of ScoreTracker, ScoreBuilder, and ScoreMaster, five actions per month, unlimited credit monitoring and use of the money manager, a la carte credit reports and credit scores from all three major credit bureaus, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

The premium membership costs $19.95 per month and includes unlimited Smart Credit report and score updates as well as unlimited use of the score tracker, score builder, score master, and money manager tools, unlimited actions, credit monitoring, a la cart credit reports and score from the major credit reporting bureaus, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Scoring Model
  • Monthly Membership Fee
  • Security Concerns

Undisclosed Scoring Model

It is unclear which credit scoring models SmartCredit.com utilizes to provide its customers with credit scores. For example, most companies in the industry use either the FICO or VantageScore model, but this company has not disclosed the model that it uses.

Monthly Membership Fee

Unlike many other companies in the credit monitoring industry, SmartCredit.com makes customers pay monthly fees for its credit monitoring services.

Although the company's fees aren't incredibly high, it may turn customers away since there are other credit monitoring companies that offer free services. However, most free credit monitoring services do not offer as much as those who charge a monthly rate.

Security Concerns

Although there have been no reported data breaches or privacy complaints, one must always be wary about handing over so much personal information to one website. Because it does more than monitor your credit, SmartCredit.com has access to banking information and other sensitive data that makes it an especially big target to hackers.

The company's website is certified as secure by Norton, McAfee, and others, but users should carefully consider whether or not they're comfortable with placing all their financial eggs in one basket.

The Bottom Line

SmartCredit.com brings a unique blend of personal financial tools and credit monitoring to the industry. The functionality of the Smart Credit Report and its action buttons are fairly impressive.

Unfortunately, SmartCredit.com does not seem to offer anywhere close to the same level credit monitoring functionality as many of its competitors. Further, it is unclear which scoring model the company uses.

Ultimately, SmartCredit could be a good option if you expect to make heavy use of its action buttons to dispute inaccuracies, negotiate better terms, and streamline communication with your lenders, otherwise, users might be able to find a better value elsewhere.

View Best Credit Monitoring Companies

2.5

starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

Ariana Dupar Pilates

September 11th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

my score went down 21 pts. I was tracking my progress and telling m agent news about my score. I have never told about my rights to cancel my membership my five-day cancelation policy My agent did not help me to cancel my membership. she told me do it my self. I want my money back. since less in a month, i had to cancel my accont before my score go under 600.

Tria

December 6th, 2019 Granite City, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am completely dissatisfied with this service, some of the account numbers do not show at all. There are two accounts mixed in within each other so I had to scroll up and down just to review the inconsistencies between the bureaus. Had I know I would have this experience I would have maintained receiving credit reports from TransUnion, Experian and Equifax. I request a full refund of the $13.95 and $29.95 back to my account immediately. All the information you provide should of course be in alignment and it was not!!! I'm super annoyed and when I thought I would just go ahead to give it try in helping increase my score, I was incredibly wrong!.

Bella

October 2nd, 2019 Whiting, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Because of them I disputed an account on my credit n now I’m in collections. After 3 yrs the account was closed. No good company did nothing for me all my disputes stayed the same. Took my money and did nothing

DIATRICH DEWALT

September 27th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

First month was great paid basically 100 for get started and 20 a month after. 20 suppose to come with unlimited mean removals fixing things of that nature. But I know that they are not going to actually do that every month. Ok that's out the way they started off good sent out 6 letter for removal and I got 3 removed. Which is ok then they wait a month to see the results. That's another 20 which is ok I understand. Then after that nothing just l. Paid another 2 month for no work done and I'm suppose to have been on the unlimited plan. Not at all happy with these guys.

Michael Archer

July 17th, 2019 Lake Forest, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SmartCredit Helped me raise my score from low 600's to 800 in less than a year.

Deambe

June 28th, 2018 Corona, CA

I contacted this company to be removed from their service in which I never signed up for, by far worst customer service, sounds like the agent was working from home, Audrey did not use active listening skills, she talked in circles telling me I did use their service. I asked if they were associated with wallet hub she stated she doesn’t know because they have hundreds of affiliates. If I could give zero stars I would

Kim

June 5th, 2018 Clearwater, FL

This is a great product! It is easy to use and has so many tools to help you keep track of your funds and increase your credit score.

Shannon R Landreth

November 27th, 2017 Brandon, MS

If i could give negative stars of this "credit monitoring" company I would. This is the most ridiculous company I have ever dealt with. I visited their website on 11/18 and have been trying to cancel my membership since 11/20 due to the holiday I was unable to accomplish this (I called and emailed -BTW you CANNOT go to their website and "select cancel memembership) Once I finally got ahold of the company the dude that answered the phone argued with me about me actually trying to cancel, lectured me about how I need to keep the membership and check my information frequently...thank you Credit Karma I do this with ease with you and if I would like I can go through the same thing in December because he will give me a free month...BUT I need to call back and try to cancel this again. No thank you just give me my refund and cancel this dang thing. I honestly have not ever been argued with in the way I just was, I said that both times I have called i was on hold for over 5 minutes and was told "hmmm that is strange because just now it was ONLY 4 minutes and 18 seconds." Um actually JERK it was 5 minutes 28 seconds...I am timing you on my cell phone without even having to push a timer...WOW way to talk a customer into staying and keeping your service...Beware of this one, this guy had me seeing red!

david morgan

September 3rd, 2014 Wexford, PA

I was to get a free week then when I tried to cancel I was told I would get 30 days free. I tried to cancel 3 days later and all I get is a phone loop.

Nolan

June 2nd, 2014 Houston, TX

Terrible customer service. I did not know which option I was signing up for as it doesn't give you the choice. Tried contacting customer service to resolve the issue. 20 minutes on hold. Tried to cancel my membership online and I was forced to call back as they would not cancel it. Never again.

Jennifer

December 9th, 2013 Chicago, IL

probably THE worst customer service I have ever received. When I called to cancel my recurring monthly payments (and was told they would cancel any future payments) no change was actually made to the account. When checking my credit card statement I noticed they had continued to bill me the next 2 months. I called back to request a refund, (since they did NOT in fact cancel my payments as they told me they would) but they would not issue a refund as they somehow had no record of my call. I was very disappointed with the rude way I was spoken to on the phone and also with the company's refusal to discuss the matter in a civilized way.

Jinny S.

October 11th, 2012 Lehi, UT

Still in the trial, but I like what I see! Totally simple to see where your credit is at, and easy to contact each creditor! Best news is, it's higher than I thought. :)

Chet S

October 1st, 2012 Lehi, UT

Just signed up after the trial. Worth it's weight. Signing up my son too.

Brent Howzer

September 9th, 2012 Lehi, UT

I'm not sure what other credit report sites let you contact your creditor directly, but I think thats the best feature. I've used it many times, and was able to make many corrections to my credit report because of it. Nothing major, but some wrong info can sink you like a stone!