Nav

1.9

Nav, formerly Creditera, is a unique credit monitoring company in that it offers both personal and business credit monitoring.

#1 Credit Karma Logo Credit Karma ›

6.9

Overall
Score

#2 WalletHub Logo WalletHub ›

6.5

Overall
Score

#3 myFICO Logo myFICO ›

5.0

Overall
Score

#19 Nav Logo Nav

1.9

Overall
Score

The Good

• Personal and business credit information
  • Free plan
  • FICO scores
  • Triple-bureau reporting
  • Identity theft protection

Personal and Business Credit Information

Nav allows users to access their business credit reports from Experian and Dun & Bradstreet, along with their personal credit information from TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax.

Free Plan

For those wanting to test Nav to see if they want to subscribe, Nav offers a limited plan which is free and does not require a credit card to join. This plan includes a personal credit score from one bureau, business letter grades from two bureaus, summary credit reports, and 24/7 monitoring. There is no limitation to the length of time that one may used the free plan.

FICO Scores

Nav uses the FICO scoring model to report its customers' credit. This is the same model used by the vast majority of lenders, so its helpful that customers can see the same score that potential creditors will be seeing.

Triple-Bureau Reporting

With its paid plans, Nav provides credit scores and reports from all three major bureaus-Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. This gives customers a comprehensive look at their credit.

Identity Theft Protection

Nav's premium plans include identity theft protection services such as identity recovery and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

The Bad

• Monthly refresh rate
  • Lack of mobile app

Monthly Refresh Rate

Unfortunately, Nav only refreshes credit scores and reports on a monthly basis. A lot can happen to a consumer's credit in a month, so it's frustrating that members will not have access to their information in real time. There are a number of other companies in the industry that provide weekly or even daily refreshes.

Lack of Mobile App

It appears that Nav does not provide a mobile app for its members to access their credit information on the go.

The Bottom Line

Nav offers credit information for both individuals and businesses, an free plan, FICO scores, triple-bureau reporting, and identity theft protection. However, the company only refreshes credit information on a monthly basis and does not appear to provide a mobile app.

4.9

AJ

April 25th, 2014 South Jordan, UT

I love the easy way I can use the interface. I've done free report places before, and you get what you pay for. Here, you're getting tips on what's going on, information on what's affecting your score, and ways to improve your position. It took me almost 4 years to get my credit understood well enough to get my house using other services, and even then I was guessing half the time. I wish Creditera was around 5 years ago!

Rob

August 8th, 2013 Pleasant Hill, CA

I got my personal credit score AND my business credit score. I've never found a service that provides BOTH in one simple login.

Connor

August 6th, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

It is simple and easy to understand. I like how it shows my payment history with little green checks and shows me what is lowering my score

Ben

August 2nd, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

Great option when your wanting to combine two services in one. I used to go through my local bank for my Personal Credit Monitoring and then was going through Dun & Bradstreet for my Business Credit Monitoring. To be honest it was kind of confusing going to both when wanting to look up my reports. It was much easier for me to Monitor both Personal and Business Reports. I'm now going on to see my reports every month. Its great to see how my business is progressing. I would strongly recommend anyone who is in business to use Creditera. Also, their Customer Service Team is GREAT! They were very helpful and are checking in with me to see how my experience has been. I plan to use Creditera for as long as I'm in business. Thanks

Pamela

July 31st, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

I have been using Creditera for several months & I am loving there service. I can check my credit 24/7 and the Identity theft protection gives me real peace of mind. There customer service staff are on top of everything and have been very helpful, The fact I can get full report not just a summary or a credit score anytime I want. Very Good service!!

Jonathan

July 28th, 2013

i have had creditera for 2 weeks i am loving the service it was a fast and easy process got my full credit report and they helped me out alot

J. Thomas

July 25th, 2013 Pleasant Grove, UT

Overall my experience with Creditera has been good. I like that my report gets refreshed every month. That's really the reason I signed up with these guys in the first place. The thing I didn't like was that I only got 1 score and report and that was my Experian. I was hoping to get all 3 burues when I signed up. That's why I'm giving them a 7 instead of a 9 or 10.

MK3CHAMP

July 25th, 2013 Pleasant Grove, UT

Overall this gave me and my wife what we needed. We're working on qualifying for a house. We got a phone call 2 weeks after signing up, no upsell at all, they actually wanted to make sure we were satisfied with the product! I was blown away. #Customerservice #greatcompany

Benjamin

July 24th, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

Creditera has been so helpful during my home buying process. Being able to see all my credit info and payment history in one place has been invaluable in the decision making process!! A real confidence builder before applying for my loan! Thanks.

Miguel

July 21st, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

I signed up for creditera's credit reports so I could get a good idea about my credit score. I really like the site, and when I had to call customer service, they were really nice. The credit reports are easy to read, and they helped me find a credit card account I forgot to close.

Bouthavy

July 21st, 2013 American Fork, UT

I'm glad Creditera came into existence. I can find things quickly without feeling overwhelm. I hate services where the user-interface is bloated with bunch of upsell in every other paragraph when describing a concern about a credit score. There's two feature I'd like to see in the near feature. First would be a little more visual representation of my credit score (graphs & charts) for us lazy people that like that sort of stuff. Second, an easy way to give feedbacks to the company and/or send bugs to Creditera when I'm logged in.

Jesse

July 13th, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

The credit monitoring is awesome. I applied for a loan and got an email and text msg notice within day or two. It's good to know that if someone tried to steal my identity and apply for a loan, I'd find out right away.

Michael

July 12th, 2013 Orem, UT

I'm new to Creditera and I received my first follow up call to make sure I was happy with the service. What?! These guys know whet the h3ll there doing!

Chase

July 11th, 2013 Pleasant Grove, UT

I'm absolutely loving my Creditera account. It was way easy to get setup. Once you are logged in everything is straight to the point and easy to use. You login and there's your Experian score and your report. The text and email alerts were also very easy to get setup. My only complaint would be that you only get your Experian score and report and not TransUnion and Equifax. I called in and asked a customer service rep if they had plans on adding those two scores and reports and she said they are adding them in the near future. Overall, I really like Creditera. Good stuff!

Alice

July 10th, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

I recently got a car loan, and when they asked to pull my credit, I told them I could provide a copy of my credit report from Creditera. It worked great! They accepted that, and thus not creating any HARD pulls on my credit. The layout and functionality of the website is super easy and user-friendly! And I love how it shows my payment history so clearly. Overall, I really love this site - and I now have more peace of mind knowing that all of my information and identity is protected.

Ben

July 4th, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

I love how clear it is to see my payment history on my accounts. Even on a holiday like today!

Andrew

July 3rd, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

As a business owner, my personal and business credit info is constantly being accessed. I take extreme measures to monitor the various loans and lines of credit that I have. Having a one stop shop like Creditera, where I can access my information, as well as receive updates, has made the monitoring system so much easier for me. I've gone from having 3 different monitoring systems, down to one easy and user friendly system.

Darren

July 1st, 2013 Riverton, UT

Easiest monitoring and scoring site I've used. Rolls both business and personal scores reports and alerts into one spot. I couldn't be more pleased.

Vance

June 30th, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

Creditera's display of credit my credit report is much easier to understand than any other monitoring service I've used in the past. I love the credit summary that is provided. It's super easy to see the most important things on my credit!

Cathy

June 18th, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

I'm really impressed. It was easy to sign up and continues to be easy to use . The customer service team is great, They are right there to help with any question . I will continue to use this company for all my credit information . Thanks Creditera You're the best !

oscar

June 5th, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

Creditera is a very legit company. They don't try to lie and hide what they do and how there services work. If you want to cancel they don't try to bother you and make you stay on the phone for another hour to try to sell you on other random services. They are on top of their game too with their text message and email alerts and they call you a week before you are build to follow up and make sure everything is ok and make sure the client is satisfied. Overall I was pretty satisfied with Creditera. Great company to get personal and business credit reports.

Andy

May 26th, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

I like the fact that even if you don't own a business you can get a full report for your personal, takes 5 mins. You then have a digital copy of your report. Great customer service!!!

Krystal

May 6th, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

I'm so glad I found Creditera. They are so friendly and helpful. Their website is easy to use and navigate around. They're always quick to respond when I have questions about my credit report. Thanks Creditera, you guys are awesome!!

David

April 18th, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT

I was so pleased to find a credit monitoring product that combines consumer and commercial credit. As a new business owner, I have to keep track of both. I love the site's simplicity. It's very easy to use. It doesn't have any credit card or other annoying ads. I also like that Creditera emails me when something changes on my credit report.