Identity Guard is based in Virginia and has been in business since 1995.

Owned and operated by Intersections, Inc., Identity Guard is focused on providing credit monitoring and identity protection services to individuals as well as families.

Identity Guard offers the following two plan options that involve credit monitoring services:

• Total Plan — Includes standard identity and credit protection
  • Ultra Plan — Includes premium identity and credit protection

Those who sign up for the company’s Ultra plan will be able to receive the highest quality credit monitoring services including three-bureau credit monitoring, three-bureau annual credit reports, and one-bureau monthly credit scores.

Along with credit monitoring services, Identity Guard provides consumers with an anti-phishing mobile app, safe browsing tools, dark web monitoring services, address monitoring services, and more.

Read on to learn more about Identity Guard’s credit monitoring services and plan options.

The Good

• Triple Bureau Credit Monitoring
  • Anti-Phishing Mobile App
  • Identity Theft Protection Tools

Triple Bureau Credit Monitoring

Unlike some of the other companies in the industry, Identity Guard offers credit monitoring services for all three major credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, and Transunion.

As mentioned above, Identity Guard offers three different plan options, two of which provide credit monitoring services. The two plans that  offer credit monitoring services include the following:

• Total Plan — This plan costs $16.67 per month for individuals and includes standard identity protection services as well as standard credit protection. In terms of credit monitoring, this plan provides customers with one-bureau monthly credit scores and three-bureau credit monitoring services.
  • Ultra Plan — This plan costs $25 per month for individuals and includes premium identity protection services and premium credit protection services. In regards to credit monitoring, this plan offers one-bureau monthly credit scores, three-bureau credit monitoring services, and three-bureau annual credit reports.

Those who have an Identity Guard Total or Ultra account will be able to receive notifications if there are changes made to their credit profiles including public records, new inquiries, and more.

According to the company’s website, customers will be able to “receive inquiry notifications in near real-time from Experian and Transunion.”

Anti-Phishing Mobile App

Identity Guard provides a helpful anti-phishing mobile app to help its customers view credit monitoring information and receive alerts on-the-go with the use of a smartphone or tablet.

Identity Theft Protection Tools

Identity Guard offers a robust suite of identity theft protection tools as a part of its plans.

Although we are most interested in how well the company monitors credit, it is convenient to have these tools available if consumers are especially concerned about having their identities stolen.

Identity Guard goes a step further than most and offers other tools, including password managers and antivirus software, as part of its packages.

The Bad

• High Industry Price Range
  • No Partial Refunds

High Industry Price Range

Identity Guard charges individuals anywhere from $16.67 to $25 per month and charges families $25 to $33.33 per month for its services that include credit monitoring.

These prices can be relatively expensive in comparison to what other companies charge for credit monitoring services.

No Partial Refunds

Identity Guard does not offer refunds from any unused portion of a subscription.

This applies primarily to those selecting an annual membership and wanting to receive a prorated refund for the remainder of the term of the pre-paid subscription.

For those who feel that this may potentially describe their future situation, we strongly recommend going the monthly subscription term route or looking into other credit monitoring companies.

The Bottom Line

Identity Guard offers an anti-phishing mobile app and a variety of identity theft protection tools in addition to its tri-bureau credit monitoring services.

The company, unfortunately, does not provide partial refunds or credit reporting of any type.

Identity Guard's services are also relatively expensive considering what's included in comparison to other companies in the credit monitoring industry.

Those interested in Identity Guard’s credit monitoring services can visit the company’s website and can read customer reviews to learn more.

3.2

Karon Wood

March 26th, 2015 Mcminnville, TN

Keep me informed of any fraud that might happen. I did have someone get my information and they took care of it for me. I have had no problems and I like that I'm able to keep up with my credit score

Deborah Beall

March 26th, 2015 Fairfield, CT

Identity Guard gives me some level of "peace of mind" related to cyber fraud.

Theda Sharp

March 26th, 2015 Swanton, OH

Feel comfortable that I will get alerts of any irregularities. Have recommended it to a friend who had her account "hacked".

John

March 26th, 2015 Denver, CO

customer service has always been very knowledgeable and courteous. They are never judgmental.

David

March 26th, 2015 Huntersville, NC

Information( especially credit score) is not accurate... I also did not get what was advertised in the way of complete assessment from all 3 credit reporting agencies...

Joel Jones

March 26th, 2015 Baton Rouge, LA

Consistently professional, and accurate. I feel safer having the service.

Ramona Simmons

March 26th, 2015 Raymore, MO

Love the real time notifications. I appreciate your work.

Peter Kahigian

March 26th, 2015 Haverhill, MA

Has exceeded my expectations and I am more than satisfied with the service. Well worth the price for the piece of mind that it provides.

stanley herzog

March 26th, 2015 Geneva, IL

So far it is ok. I did get one notification. It was however an existing bank.

Carl F

March 26th, 2015 Matthews, NC

Identity Guard is the first and only product my wife I have ever used to protect our identities. The ability to get messages and check information is critical to us. Identity Guard was able to inform me when someone else's name was being associated with my SSN. This allowed me to take proactive action to protect my identity. Thank you Identity Guard.

Wayne Standerfer

March 26th, 2015 Duncanville, TX

I have never had a problem with Identity Guard. Their reports are spot on and I have total confidence in their findings. Will continue to subscribe to their services.

William Deaton

March 26th, 2015 Olathe, KS

Notification good No help in getting incorrect entries removed from my public record.

Belinda Thomas

March 26th, 2015 Rogersville, MO

I think everything is fine. I was referred when Chase stopped offering this to their customers because they had used this company. The only issue is that under Chase I could get a printed report sent to me in the mail if I requested it. I did this once a year to keep a history of my closing accounts (not everyone has a printer).

Adena L. Wilson

March 26th, 2015 Boise, ID

I called your toll free number for assistance, and a young man who answered was very professional and knowledgeable, and resolved my issue, which was my own misunderstanding of how to read my report and navigate your website.

Donald Alder

March 25th, 2015 Colorado Springs, CO

Every time I have a question about my account I have received nothing but great help. It doesn't matter what I need everyone I talk to go out of there way to help.

George Cortes

March 25th, 2015 FL

Good service notices for inquires or activity. Like the score updates

Julius Davis

March 25th, 2015 Conyers, GA

I really like having someone monitor all accounts concerning my identification. I like being able to sign into Identity Guard and see my credit scores and able to print a credit report.

robert masotta

March 25th, 2015 Venice, FL

all is well info received is very useful

Deanna Thomas Ward

March 25th, 2015 Chattanooga, TN

Love the job they are doing!

Mohammed B. Sayeed Sr

March 25th, 2015 Addison, IL

My wife & me find it really awesome in strict sense and have peace of our minds now and as before as it used to be with Chase ID Protection before joining Identity Guard

Jessica Thorne

March 25th, 2015 Denver, CO

Love the site and all its capabilities. The app is so limited, though, that I uninstalled it so I could just access it on the internet browser because it was easier.

JASMINE MIKIITA

March 25th, 2015 Scranton, PA

So far I am happy with Identity Guard. You have found a couple of problems but it all turned out correct. You are checking out my computer to be safe and no one hacking into my computer

Edward White

March 25th, 2015 Phoenix, AZ

Nothing....absolutely nothing. Not even the credit report I was supposed to receive

barbara speight

March 25th, 2015 Chesapeake, VA

have trouble getting rid of wrong address. i do like identity guard though.

Benes Trus

March 25th, 2015 Bethesda, MD

It is nice to know that someone is watching out for my credit in these times when everyone else seems to be having problems. Alerts are timely, and so far (knock on wood) there has not been a problem. If there is a future problem, I'm certain identity guard will catch it. BT

Phillip T

March 25th, 2015 Austin, TX

I have been with you guys for a few years now. There's no need for anyone to search for another company for credit and identity theft protection. You get an A+ in my book. Keep up the excellent work Identity Guard.

Anthony Corona

March 25th, 2015 Brookfield, WI

I have used Identity guard for at least 10 years and have been very Happy.

Judith Kirschenman

March 25th, 2015 Roseville, CA

Although it was a minor problem, the person on the phone handled it very professionally and assured me everything was fine. She also helped me enter a new password.

Terry Janis

March 25th, 2015 Tiffin, OH

I feel very safe and confident with Identity Guard watching over my credit cards and accounts. I am comforted receiving monthly e-mails that say everything is fine. And if they aren't, I hear about it in a timely manner.

Leslie

March 25th, 2015 Medford, OR

I feel you do a fine job communicating necessary information from a distance, but = on a personal level I feel neglected. When I receive an occasional "alert" there are times I would like to be able to speak with someone but you funnel all phone calls to the same phone number i.e. inquiries, new service etc. I think there should be a different phone number for your members who receive alerts...this would feel more personal and less worrisome. Will you take the challenge and provide more personal service to your customers?

Michael Mooney

March 25th, 2015 Vero Beach, FL

Excellent! You have kept me informed as to my status regularly. Thank you.

MH

March 25th, 2015 Charles Town, WV

ID Guard provides a wonderful service at a reasonable price. My only complaint is they are not very quick to notify you of changes to your credit report. They send you monthly updates and I was used to getting an email the very same day of the change with my previous security provider.

William E. Burkett

March 25th, 2015 Amherst, MA

I have no prior experience with any Identity Guard competitor. Therefore, I have nothing to compare my Identity Guard experience with. However, I will grade my Identity Guard experience an 8, since I have not had any problems in when interactive with Identity Guard representatives.

Rmaurer

March 25th, 2015 New Orleans, LA

I was s member that came over from Chase. My personal experience with you is outstanding. However, I have been disappointed with new member options for spouse and the Costco membership for family. You are never really upfront with what your memberships include. A bit confusing, bordering on deceptive. conclusion: "older memberships great; newer membership questionable value.

William H Norrell

March 25th, 2015 Okeechobee, FL

I have been with Identity Guard for several years and they always notify me of any request related to my personal information. If anything changes, they let me know. If someone is checking my credit, they let me know. The service has been GREAT for me and I sleep better at night knowing that I am with Identity Guard.

Rena Snyder

March 25th, 2015

Love it. Love it. Love it. It's so nice to have this service. To check my credit scores, get alerts, get my credit report, etc., is so easy and convenient. The monthly subscription is a small price to pay for the variety of services provided..

Mayra Garcia

March 25th, 2015 FL

The accessibility with a CSR rep was very difficult to access. You are on hold for a long period of time while the inquiry process is being handled.

James Anthony Huggins

March 25th, 2015

Service is fine but could be better if you offered a reduced rate on pulling scores more than once a month. I mentioned this to Identity Guard previously and never heard back. Why should this be any different? Thank you.

Roy K Tonning. Sr.

March 25th, 2015 Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Having major issues with your ability to report my credit scores. Getting ready to cancel service.

steve petresky

March 25th, 2015 Pennsville, NJ

We were contacted by Identity Guard immediately when suspected unauthorized use of our credit card was detected. No unauthorized charges occurred but we had to get new cards which is a hastle but they prevented a large problem. Very happy with their services.

Stacy D. Jones-Haynes

March 25th, 2015 Chicago, IL

I love Identity Guard and couldn't my life without it! It keeps me informed EVERY AND ANYTIME someone checks my credit!! I have never felt safer and recommend them to all of my friends and family!! Whenever I've called and had a question the customer service representative explained the inquiry to me thoroughly and was very attentive to my needs. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK IDENTITY GUARD!!

Janice Butzky

March 25th, 2015 Fort Worth, TX

I have been very pleased with the experience of using Identity Guard for information about my credit report, credit repair information, and the protection of my major credit cards. Very good service and reasonable cost.

Brandon mcwherter

March 17th, 2015

Very misleading and hidden costs for the service. You get billed every month, but can only see your scores every 3 months? I've now paid over $50 to see one report!

John Eremic

March 14th, 2015 Monroeville, PA

I have been using Identity Guard for several years. I can't think of anything to complain about. I get periodic reports in a timely manner and the coverage is comprehensive. I did not rate them a 10 because the true test is what happens if you are a victim of identity fraud. Fortunately, I have not had to test their service in that regard yet. I was just notified that our personal information had been hacked at a cruise booking service that we used about 10 years ago - so we'll see.

JOSEPH M. NERI

March 6th, 2015 San Jose, CA

When I signed up I was told that if I canceled the subscription, ALL MY DATA would be removed from the records of Identity Guard. I just canceled my subscription and asked about removing my data. I was told by a Supervisor that all my DATA including my social security number would be retained in the records of the company. Supervisor could not explain why they would keep my social security number on their files. I never gave them permission to keep my Data if I canceled subscription. Very disappointed!!!

Josh

February 13th, 2015 Albuquerque, NM

After I posted my original review the company returned my payment.

Kelli johnson

November 8th, 2014 Phoenix, AZ

I seem to only receive uninsidental issues. Very inconvenient when you have to go out of your way just to find out I paid my car off or my house loan etc. Da! They don't have around the clock customer service. The app can not tell me what county records issue I might have, causing another phone call. Whoops there is no one to talk to because it's a weekend so I need to wait and stress all weekend till I can figure out what's going on. It's Monday and I called to find out my property taxes were paid. Da! Customer service is always very polite and seem to be good at what they do. Got to be a way to no whether or not an issue is critical or not. Give me some better information in the alerts.

Mark Clement

October 7th, 2014 Portland, OR

too many times when I log into their system, one or more of their services are not online, for whatever reason. if they cannot keep their own system online, what does that say about their protection abilities. Costco member.

KenH

August 20th, 2014 Oak Harbor, WA

I guess I misunderstood the role of IdentityGuard. I had an account completely taken over and so far have not received any notice of this from them. I asked about that and was told they are a post-activity service and respond only when they are told there is an issue by the financial institution. Not what I was expecting frankly; I was under the impression the service was proactive. If I have to manage issues and clean up on my own, why am I paying for the service?