PNC Logo
LAST UPDATED: March 19th, 2021

For over 160 years, PNC has provided banking and other financial services, including loans and credit cards, to individuals, small businesses, corporations, and government entities.

The Good

• Competitive APRs
  • Rewards programs
  • Limited annual fees
  • Fraud safeguards

Competitive APRs

Depending on the card, PNC offers an introductory rate of 0 percent for the first 12 to 15 billing cycles. After that, APRs range from 10.24 to 22.24 percent*, which is competitive when compared to rates offered by other companies in the industry.

Rewards Programs

PNC offers a number of rewards programs that allow cardholders to earn points that can be redeemed for travel rewards, gift cards, and cash. The company also offers cash back for travel, gas, and groceries.

Limited Annual Fees

There are no annual fees charged for every PNC credit card except one, which charges an annual fee of $85 after the first year.

Fraud Safeguards

PNC provides security assurance, which functions as protection from fraud. The company offers zero liability, which means that cardholders are not held responsible for unauthorized charges. PNC also offers enhanced chip technology and warranty manager services for extra protection.

The Bad

• Late payment penalties
  • Foreign transaction fees
  • No free credit score tracking

Late Payment Penalties

For every late payment, PNC charges a fee of up to $35.

Foreign Transaction Fees

PNC charges a foreign transaction fee of 3 percent of the total charge, which is one of the highest fees in the industry. This is especially inconvenient for frequent travelers.

No Free Credit Score Tracking

Some credit card companies provide their customers with the ability to track and monitor their credit score for free. Unfortunately, PNC does not offer this service.

The Bottom Line

PNC offers competitive APRs, rewards programs, limited annual fees, and fraud safeguards. However, the company charges late payment and foreign transaction fees and does not provide its cardholders with free credit score tracking.

3.5

Adrianne murray Brigham City, UT

We had this mortgage company until we refinanced. When the issues I had was their system had an issue and so for two months they called me telling me my payment had not made it yet. It’s a little annoying when I was current and on time and they call both me and my husband to tell them we have not paid our mortgage. It took a couple months and some headaches to deal with it. Calling me two months in a row it’s kind of obnoxious

Justin McMurtrey South Jordan, UT

I had a credit card through PNC when I also had a home mortgage. Good company. Customer service was good and always got information in a timely manner.

Amanda Warrendale, PA

PNC is a great trusted bank to have a credit card with, that has some great customer service who were really helpful whenever I've had issues.

Nathan D. Warrendale, PA

I am decently happy with my PNC card, for being a long-time customer of the bank I thought more perks would be offered however they do offer nice cash-back incentives.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

It's nice to have a credit card that is in the same place as my bank account. Super easy to keep track of and manage.

Angelina Hamilton Gulfport, MS

Didn’t really like this card. No incentives to have it. Switched to another card that offers money back on purchases.