Xfinity Logo

4.8

LAST UPDATED: August 2nd, 2022

Xfinity Mobile is a new wireless service built for the way people use their phones today, with the internet at the center of the experience. All Xfinity Mobile plans include free unlimited talk and text, so all you need to worry about is how much data you want. There are two data plans to choose from: By The Gig and Unlimited.

Xfinity Mobile is only available to Xfinity Internet customers.

Q Link Wireless Logo
#1 Q Link Wireless chevron_right
4.0
AT&T Logo
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.7

The Good

• Available Devices
  • Mix and Match Data Plans
  • Pricing, Charges, and Fees
  • Mobile Coverage

Available Devices

iPhone users can choose from Apple's latest models, such as the iPhone 12, 12 Pro, and the 12 Pro Max. In December 2020, there was a deal for new customers to receive $250 off their purchase of an eligible iPhone (as long as you transfer your number within 30 days). Existing customers can also get a $250 Visa PrePaid Card when they replace or upgrade their current device.

As far as Android devices, Xfinity customers can purchase the Galaxy S20 and the Note 20 models.

If you're looking for something that doesn't require a small down payment, Xfinity has several LG and Motorola devices that shouldn't break the bank.

If there's not a deal for the type of phone you want, we recommend waiting a few weeks as the sales change.

If buying a new phone doesn't fit in your budget, Xfinity does allow you to bring over your current phone — as long as it's compatible. If you're worried about your phone's compatibility, simply use Xfinity's site to check. All you need to do is enter what type of phone you have, your current carrier, and the IMEI. Most iPhones, Galaxy phones, and Pixels are compatible with Xfinity Mobile, but it never hurts to check.

Mix and Match Data Plans

First things first: All Xfinity Mobile plans come with free unlimited talk and text.

You only pay for the data, and Xfinity Mobile only offers two data plans: By The Gig or Unlimited.

Xfinity's By The Gig plan lets you choose between 1GB for $15 per month, 3GB for $30 per month, or 10GB for $60 per month. It's not a great option if you use a lot of data — as you will be charged $15 for each GB or partial GB of data overage.

The Unlimited plan is reasonably priced at just $45 per month. If you're continually going over your data limit with the By The Gig plan, it might be worth it to switch to the Unlimited. With that in mind, we should mention that Xfinity Mobile doesn't penalize users for changing plans. So you can easily switch from the By The Gig plan to an Unlimited plan if you know you're going to be using more data for a while. Then you can easily switch back when you're done.

Pricing, Charges, and Fees

Although Xfinity Mobile isn't the cheapest option out there, it certainly is affordable. If you can get by with only 1GB of data, you definitely will save a fair amount of money each month.

The Unlimited plan for $45 per month is a good middle-of-the-road solution. Yes, there are cheaper plans out there, but you often have to worry about going over your minutes or text.

Xfinity Mobile does its best not to overwhelm consumers with a bombardment of fees and extra charges. There are no activation fees, assuming you already have Comcast's Xfinity Internet (if you're a new customer, signing up for Xfinity Internet is the activation fee). You don't have to pay shipping fees should you order a new phone. There is also no early termination fee if you want to cancel. Remember that you will need to cancel your Xfinity Mobile plan within 30 days of your next billing cycle. You will be responsible for charges for the current month on the account and any remaining device payments (if you have any).

Mobile Coverage

You should have pretty good coverage with Xfinity Mobile since the MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) uses Verizon's cell towers. This is good news for Xfinity Mobile users since Verizon offers the best coverage in the United States.

The Bad

• Only Available to Current Xfinity Customers
  • No Deals for Bundling

Only Available to Current Xfinity Customers

Xfinity Mobile is a great option for those who already have Comcast's Xfinity Internet — as the service plans are only available to Xfinity Internet customers.

It's also a great option if you were planning on switching to Comcast's Xfinity Internet service and just so happen to be in the market for a new phone plan. Once you sign up for Xfinity Internet, you can take advantage of Xfinity Mobile's free unlimited talk and text, affordable pricing, and extensive coverage.

It's not ideal if you already have an internet service provider and will have to pay early termination fees to switch. And while there are no activation fees for Xfinity Mobile, there are for Xfinity's internet service. If you sign up for Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Mobile, only to later cancel your internet service, you can still keep your phone plan. However, you can expect to see an additional $25 Line Access Fee on your monthly bill (no matter the plan).

No Deals for Bundling

Currently, there are no discounts for customers who want to bundle Xfinity Mobile with other Xfinity Services (such as Xfinity Internet or Comcast Cable TV).

The Bottom Line

Xfinity Mobile is best for those who are already Xfinity Internet customers. The By The Gig and Unlimited plans are incredibly affordable. Just keep in mind that you will need to factor in state taxes and fees (these will vary depending on your state) and internet activation fees (given you are a new Xfinity customer). The plans are simple, straightforward, and fairly comprehensive. We appreciate that Xfinity Mobile allows consumers to easily switch their plans with no fees and doesn't penalize consumers for canceling.

Sideria Houston, TX

Xfinity is the best their customer service is beyond great along with their prices

Brittney Butts Gainesville, FL

I use to have Xfinity till I moved defiantly wish they had service in my city because I pay so much more a month then I did with Xfinity. Customer service they made a priority and had the issue fixed pretty fast.

Shon Scoville Lehi, UT

I contacted X-finity for wifi calling at my home. Currently there isn't xfinity services provided on my new developed cul-de-sac, so they couldn't provide the service. I spoke to several representatives and service people. they were very nice and helpful, but couldn't do much since the company didn't have their services where I live.

Ron Durfey Orem, UT

Xfinity cellphones was the cheaper option as we have Xfinity ISP and they were able to bundle. Unfortunately, the signal strength in my home was very poor. We had to replace it so that we could use our cellphones in our home.

Annie Chow Tallahassee, FL

Xfinity is definitely better for landlines and cable/ internet rather than cellular service. Their packages are great though and would recommend if you like watching free movies. You should note that if you live somewhere where it rains a lot, their tolerance towards bad weather is not the best.

Jennifer Donnelly Tallahassee, FL

I have xfinity for my home phone and with xfinity having a home phone is affordable. I can also make long distance calls for no extra charge. Since all my family lives in Colombia xfinity makes things easier and affordable.

Marci Randall Sandy, UT

Switched from Sprint to Xfinity and day 1 I had service in places I didn’t with sprint. Super excited

Delaney Payton Bonifay, FL

Xfinity is a great cell phone provider. Service is good almost everywhere and the customer service is always helpful.

FRANCES L BEARD Olympia, WA

So far excellent; took 15 minutes to activate a d keep new number; lowered bill form 94 at Verizon to 15 at Xfinity with same service 2gb and unlimited calls and text.

Noe Arreguin Vallejo, CA

Took advantage of 2 cell promotions that came with gift cards for getting service with them. And, where I asked multiple Xfinity Mobile reps if I was eligible and was guaranteed to receive gift cards. Received emails that read your gift card is on its way in so many weeks! Waited months reached out to their rewards(gift card) dept. never heard back. Sent complaint to CEO, and in the end they all tell me I wasn’t eligible for gift cards?! Ridiculous, as a consumer to be lied to by multiple reps of Xfinity and being told yes to then having their superiors not honor it! When indeed you have proof(screen shots of reps guaranteeing me the deal, as well as emails). It’s fraudulent and deceiving to say the least! So, consumers please be aware....

bryan palmer Fresno, TX

Great service at an incredible price. I was paying a lot more for a lot less with other companies until I found Xfinity Mobile. They also have a great selection of phones and amazing customer service.

Mary Jacksonville, FL

This is hands down the cheapest phone service out there. As long as you have internet services through Xfinity you are able to get services (credit check of course) which comes with free unlimited talk and text.

AK Riverton, UT

We switched to Xfinity for our phones, mostly because we could bundle and it ended up being cheaper price for more service. I love paying the same amount that I was, but now have unlimited data. That said, I have found that I drop calls and have issues with data once and awhile. Still, I like saving money so I will probably stay.

Elizabeth Slocomb, AL

Xfinity has been a great internet provider. With a stable consistent internet connection.

emanuel russo Blackwood, NJ

Excellent coverage, pay by Gig allows for low cost. No service charge. Save over $40 a month from Verizon my former carrier.

Dr A Ray Everette Ashburn, VA

Absolutely superb. I switched from Verizon to XFinity because of the great customer service (and the lack of it at Verizon)

Lexi Dover, DE

Absolutely awful. I’ve been into the xfinity store three times over the span of five days trying to purchase a new phone and port my existing number over to xfinity services... to no avail. My porting process is “stuck in the servers.” The service at the location is absolutely dreadful. No one seems to care about the issue or do anything to resolve it. It’s incredibly frustrating and I’d do anything to just get out of this absolute mess.

George Frankovich

Great cell coverage, only pay $12.00/gigabyte of Data if you have their home internet service. Was paying over $300.00/month with Verizon.

Kanuto Tucson, AZ

Xfinity allows flexible contracts. You can have unlimited data or by the gigabyte. We have five cell phones on our plan and share 10 gigabytes for $60/month.

kayshel Herriman, UT

I have xfinity internet service and was able to put my cell phone on xfinity for $10/month which saved me 2/3's of my previous plan. It's been perfectly fine since then

Emily D Herriman, UT

Xfinity Mobile offered a very affordable option for cell phones for my family.

erika tarke Tallahassee, FL

the cell service is great! And the customer service is great!!!

Rewaj

Worse experience ever ! I would never ever recommend this company because I had even paper contract for 2 years payment plans but still they change after a year my monthly payments they had no light explanation which I understand

Betsy James

They provided me with a Samsung Galaxy 8 phone and charge me half the rate of Verizon for the same coverage.

JohnM Columbia, MD

I like pay per gig of data. I had a monthly service bill of $123 with sprint and now I have an average monthly bill of $24 with Xfinity.

N

They have good connection throughout my area. They also have prompt and clear communication with the customer.

Sylvia

Good prices and great service. They could have more staff on at the store ao the wait is not so long

Lily South Jordan, UT

Xfinity is a great place. They have great prices,products,and employees. I love their products and prices. They are amazing.

Kymberlee Yack Orem, UT

xfinity is a very reliable phone company that i've loved using! their products are great and long lasting, and it has definitely been worth my money.

Eddie Cox Germantown, TN

Good price for .limited use...like the phone but hate all the pop up ads that Xfinity store can6tell how to get rid of

Rai Durant Tallahassee, FL

Xfinity was a HUGE lifesaver my freshman year with their FREE streaming services for college students on campus!

Samiya Moreno Tallahassee, FL

I absolutely love xfinity and their bundle deals! Their customer service is amazing when it comes to outages.

Jill Bonifay, FL

Will always manage to fix a cable or internet problem.

Janet B. Bonney Lake, WA

Fabulous reception thru Verizon, very low cost and superior support

Mark Church

Amazingly cheap and great coverage with Wifi hotspots everywhetr

Meredith anderson American Fork, UT

I love this service. Have great coverage and love that my bill can be as low as I need it to be.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I have Xfinity for my cable service and have wanted to try their cell phone service once I can switch.

Jordan Garella Tallahassee, FL

The WI-FI barely reaches the extent of my very small house

saleema king

Great Customer Service excellent company

Cliff and Cathy Colorado Springs, CO

Good service, great price. Highly recommended

Steven

They are great they saved me 400.00 a month on my bill

Karen

Decent service and inexpensive if you have their other services.

Santi Albuquerque, NM

They have provided great customer service. Network could be faster.

Thana Robinson Santa Ynez, CA

It only $12 month as opposed to Verizon was $80

Beverly Chacon Hollywood, FL

Called several times got hung up, was transfer back in the queue and chat left no reply

HG ,

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! WILL IGNORE YOU AND NOT HELP WITH ANY SITUATION YOU HAVE

Cheryl

Very low signal all the time, dropped calls