Best Company Guarantee Verizon Logo

Verizon

9.0

LAST UPDATED: October 27th, 2021

Verizon Wireless is the largest service provider of wireless telecommunications in the United States with over 150 million subscribers nationwide. In business since 2000, the company was originally a merger of Bell Atlantic and GTE, and over the last several years it has picked up several smaller regional carriers to build the largest wireless network in the United States.

Verizon has a wide variety of products and services to offer customers, including wireless phone service, basic phones, smartphones, tablets, wireless Internet, cloud storage for photos, videos, and other media. Verizon is one of the few companies that allows customers to integrate their Internet devices and cloud media.

Regarding Verizon's quality as a cell phone provider, there are several pros and cons worthy of consideration in addition to the 700+ Verizon reviews below.

The Good

• Devices Available
  • Plans Offered
  • Top Features
  • Smart Family
  • Deals

Devices Available

Verizon has the best selection of phones, including all of the latest Android and Apple devices, including ASUS, Google, LG, Motorola, Palm, Apple, and Samsung brands. Notable recent models include:

• Apple iPhone Xs
  • Apple iPhone Xs Max
  • Apple iPhone Xr
  • Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Samsung Galaxy S10 plus
  • Samsung Galaxy S10e
  • Samsung Galaxy Note9
  • Google Pixel 4

Customers also have the option of device trade-ins or bringing their current phone. In fact, when you switch to Verizon with your current phone, you get a $250 PrePaid Mastercard in addition to a free SIM card when you order one online and pick it up in the store.

In addition, the Verizon store has basic phones (Kyocera, LG, and Sonim brands), certified pre-owned phones, pre-paid phones, and phone accessories like the Apple watch, other wearable tech, HD security cameras, voice-activated wireless speakers, and charging pads.

Plans Offered

Verizon offers a broad variety of plans in order to suit a range of customer needs. Plans include:

• Unlimited ($35-$60 per line per month with autopay)
  • Shared data plans ($35-$70 per month total for an individual or family)
  • Prepaid plans ($30+ per month)
  • International plans (options for travel, prepaid international services, or talk and text from the U.S.)
  • Connected device plans (for tablets, hotspots, and connected devices)
  • Single device plans (for basic phones requiring only talk and text, or a tablet or hotspot requiring minimal data)
  • Business plans for 5+ lines

Top Features

Verizon's premium plan, the AboveUnlimited plan, you pay $60/line per month plus taxes and fees, but you get several unique perks. Here's what you get:

• 75 GB data at 4G LTE speeds
  • Unlimited talk and text
  • HD-quality streaming (720p upload speeds)
  • Unlimited mobile hotspot (20 GB at 4G LTE)
  • Verizon Up Rewards
  • Talk, text, and data to Mexico and Canada
  • 5 TravelPasses per month to use in 185+ countries
  • 500 GB Verizon Cloud
  • Apple Music account

The GoUnlimited and BeyondUnlimited include some of the above features, (including some mobile hotspot data, limited-time Apple Music account, unlimited data, unlimited calls, and unlimited texting) but not all.

Smart Family

Verizon has an in-carrier parental control system that works with the Smart Family app, which costs $9.99/month after a 30-day trial. The app has content filters for apps and websites, location tracking, the ability to pause the internet, and contact blocking capabilities. If you don't want the location tracking feature, you only pay $4.99/month.

Deals

The carrier is continually providing promotional discounts for new phones and new customers but also consistently offers exclusive deals to military and veteran-status personnel, first responders (firefighters, police, EMS workers, retirees, and volunteers), and employees.

The Bad

• Customer Complaints
  • Pricing

Customer Complaints

Customer reviews give insight into some of the challenges customers can face despite the strengths of the provider. Some customers report that they did not like the original phone that they received and had to wait for an extended period of time to get a Verizon credit so that they could move over to a new device.

There are also customers who have experienced long wait times or failure to get their questions answered by tech support. In this case, the popularity of the carrier can be a detriment to the customer service experience.

Pricing

Verizon's reputation as the carrier with the best network coverage comes at a price. Prices for Verizon's unlimited plans start at $35/line per month and cost up to $60/line per month. Other carriers are generally more affordable. However, you usually get what you pay for.

Per Verizon's terms and conditions, if you cancel a line of service after 14 days of signing a contract, you must pay an early termination fee.

The Bottom Line

Verizon offers one of the most complete cell phone service packages available on the market, excellent network coverage, and it has strong overall customer reviews despite the occasional negative feedback.

Customers who decide to go with Verizon as their cell phone provider can expect the following:

• Extensive phone selection: Verizon has all phones in high demand and offers financing
  • Unlimited talk and text: this is standard with all packages
  • Unique perks: an Apple music account is included with the unlimited plans
  • Easy to expand service: add lines or set up a business account with ease
  • Billing features: customers can text in to inquire about their account usage status for that billing cycle
  • Parental controls: the Smart Family app gives parents phone monitoring tools

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.0

Bob Weir Cañon City, CO

promised 900 dollars in rebates that i never received. Would not have bought the phones for full prices feel ripped off, UPDATE verizon did a 180 and issued my credit

Mary Davis Port Orange, FL

Lousy coverage. Countless dropped calls. Horrific customer service. SUPER-HIGH prices. After decades of spending over $1800 a month for our corporate account, we are DONE and switching. Verizon couldn't care less about their customers.

22 hours ago

life is amazing West Valley City, UT

If I could give them -10 stars I would. I know this review won’t make a difference cuz I haven’t seen a single response from Verizon. But I traded in my brand new iPhone 11 for the iPhone 12 and switched from t-mobile. I was supposed to get 700$ off the 12 but they are charging me for buying the 12 without giving them a brand new iPhone. They said that the equipment was included but apparently they charged $500 for that too. I switched from t mobile for this. The coverage is a little bit better, but not worth a brand new iPhone 11 just given away. I’m so close to switching back to t-mobile.

Art Reno, NV

I was with AT&T with a family plan. Verizon was more expensive - $40 per month - but had better coverage. Our 3 phones on AT&T on two different time lines. When we moved to Verizon, I wanted to consolidate the time. In the store, the Verizon rep assured me I could bring over the third phone 3months later and add it to the plan and all 3 would be on the same time line. My wife and daughter got new phones from Verizon - the exact same phone. My wife's had no problems, but daughters kept dropping calls. We went to the store and they said the phone needed a software update, which they did right there. We returned two more times, but the problem persisted. On the fourth visit, I insisted on a replacement. The rep said it was over 90 days and we would have to pay for the replacement. - $250. I pointed out we had been in there 3 times within the 90 days to fix it, but Verizon claimed they had no record of that. I had to pay because the early termination fee was outrageous. When the contract expired after two years, I jumped back to AT&T. Three months later, I received a $750 bill for the third phone early termination. Hello! All three phones were on the same contract and I paid cash up front for the third phone, no time payments. I, of course refused to pay it, and Verizon dinged my credit. I had to write a rebuttal to restore my credit. Fortunately, I had receipts, but I will never do business with Verizon again and I recommend against them every chance I get.

Ike Ballard Des Moines, IA

The service was pretty good. I would probably rate this service with 4 or 5 stars if it weren't for the process of changing to a new service for work. They require a transfer PIN (no other major carrier does). An automated Transfer PIN request generates a link to a website, which displays an attractive two lines of error code. The Customer Service line puts you on hold to speak to a representative, offers to help you 'skip the line' by chatting with a robot that doesn't know anything, and hangs up if you do anything but initiate the pointless chat. In short, there is no path to talking to a Service Representative. They may not even staff them. Both I and the T-mobile rep in their store were at a loss about what to do to get around Verizon's straight incompetency in customer service. Having worked an IT job for five years, I can say with decent authority that Verizon is a load of hogwash.

Tracey Robinson Capitol Heights, MD

I got Verizon 7/4 for my business and I have ha bad service and bad customer service and I can’t do business with this poor service and Verizon doesn’t care🤬when I’m on a call the person can’t hear me and if I’m trying to look at a app the internet doesn’t work and I’ve been to the store several times and have called and that’s just some of my issues 👎🏼 Please don’t waste your time or money because it’s not worth it💔

Emma Reading, PA

I've been with Verizon about 20 yrs. I have never received good service from them. The customer support is a major hassle to contact. I could call them today with an issue, and I would get an answer however true or false. I could call tomorrow and ask the same question, have the same issue, to the same department and get a different answer, non of which I found to be helpful. I think the appearance of their customer service located at malls is deplorable and so is the behavior. So one might ask, why do you stay with them so long. I stay with them because I've been with them for so long, I'm too lazy to change, but eventually something will not set right with me and I will walk away as quickly as I signed up with them.

Mhyrynde Noa Troy, NY

Every time I've used Verizon, I have found them to be deceptive. The bill is always way higher than what they say it will be, they have THE WORST customer service on planet Earth and they disappoint in every way possible.

Tristan Ashmore Denver, CO

I have been with Verizon wireless for over a decade or close to it. All this company sees is money and they train their employees to do so. It is a corporate hivemind based on money, money and more money. Yes, they offer fairly great coverage and all of the phone options BUT if you ever slip up or go through a rough patch in life, they won't work with you, AT ALL. I am a well compensated individual for the work that I perform but it takes awhile to turn around and find the right positions for my level and above. Yes, I hear those that say be more financially responsible and all that but even at the corporate level, they get bailed out by the public constantly. I will be paying off my small past due amounts immediately and leaving Verizon quickly. As consumers, we will vote with our dollar and I intend to do so. Their CEO has a record of being bought and inputting the businesses capital in the wrong places for the generation currently moving into leadership throughput the world. Verizon should be broken up and broken down for the power they hold and I have never been more disturbed by such a stronghold on their love and greed for money. They are showing us their cards pretty quickly and they don't deserve my business and my future business. To the employees, this is not directed at you but you also probably already know as well. Considering I wasn't speaking to someone in my own country (not an issue) it may show that they already are jumping ship. Sad...

Farhad A Clarksburg, MD

At&t and tmobile were much better for: Responsive customer service No ghost charges Lower cost Better or at least same quality service (switched to V expected better coverage, but truly weaker than tmobile and att) Too high cost to leave due to that 2year contract Faught them literally for 4 to 6 hours multiple follow up and repeat calls .. to get some unknown charges reverted After that drama got over, learned they reported a crazy amount overdue to Collections and even to Experian that badly affected my credit. Wasted another hour on the phone to hear their stupid apologies and promise to have their managers fix... Have auto pay On and no pending payments. And, fortunately, have never used Verizon before. Unsure how could they come up with that overdue amount of 1K+ that was times more than my monthly bills... Reported that false claim.... However, the company is far more reckless and worse quality service and support....expected.

druian kipper Seattle, WA

They've screwed me over repeatedly for their own mistakes, calls drop often. There is a distinct lack of trust that I can place in Verizon because they and a greedy little scummy company

Roger Lawry Ojai, CA

Verizon Wireless has probably what I would consider the worst customer service I have ever encountered. After using them for our wireless service for many years we decided that with Covid-19 and staying home using our wifi, we decided to cancel our account and switch to another provider who offered a far less expensive plan using less data. We cancelled our Verizon account and were assured by Verizon customer service that our account was cancelled. Then promptly we continued to receive bills from Verizon for a service that we had cancelled and no longer used. After several calls to customer service we were assured that our account had been cancelled and the bills we had received would be reversed. After this we continued to be notified by Verizon for new billing cycles and when we tried to contact them we could not reach them as we had no account there and could not receive service if we had no account. In no instance were we contacted by Verizon to correct this situation. Finally, after 5 months subsequent to cancelling our account we received a notice from Verizon that our account was delinquent and we were turned over to a collection agency, who contacted us. We explained the situation to them and were assured the charges would be reversed and the bills would stop coming. Then we received a credit report that showed delinquent payments and a reduction of our credit score from 829 to 699. Accordingly, we contacted the 3 credit reporting agencies to dispute the delinquent score and also contacted Verizon, who said they "did their due diligence to correct the wrongful billing" but they made no attempt to rescind the incorrect credit score issue. We have never had this situation in over 35 years of making payments on services and had almost a perfect credit score that reflects our constant diligence in making on time payments. Now we are being wrongly accused of not making payments on a service that we had cancelled months before. Verizon has to be the most inept, incompetent, uncommunicative, uncaring company with whom we have dealt, worse even than cable companies. I would avoid using them at all costs. I only wish I could give them zero stars.

Pamr McKinney, TX

Verizon wireless my cheating partner - You are stuck till you find out. Wow. Verizon is for sure reading all this but not claiming this or responding to anyone. No worries I moved from ATT to Verizon wireless 3 months ago. My experiences with leadership team ( Tier 2 customer service ) 1. This department calls themselves as leadership but they are tier 2 customer service. For sure to ask for ‘Office of Management or CEO’ . They will avoid it by lying but if you insist they will set up a call. Office of Managemnet may take 24-48 hours to respond, even if customer issue is 911. 2. Since joining Verizon I had six experiences with Verizon leadership ( Tier 2 ) and one with office of leadership /CEO. 3. I got a call from this office from a male named Carlos. Call details A) Carlos heard me for 35-40 minutes and tried to show his calm. As I finished sharing my experiences with leadership ( Tier 2) stating with facts they are 1. Not true leadership and lack the skills and Need to be trained 2. They need not make promises if they can’t follow through. Which means directly they lie on your face 3. They are disrespectful and talk over you. They don’t listen at all. They just want to talk. 4. They have some level of fear from office of leadership, who is just like them. 5. They will never change with time. They still live in 19th century mindset. As you know most Verizon employees retire from the company so they have been around for 25-35 years. 6. There website, app and new credit card looks fine but their website is misleading. The marketing department is doing a poor job in publishing offers which are misleading, not transparent. In other words they are duping you and not letting you exercise their rights. As customer gets attracted to these offers with no specific disclaimers they learn they are trapped. FYI All offers are contingent on your spending limit on account. It’s not mentioned anywhere. For example their latest offer of free iphone purple mini 64 GB will be offered it you add or port a line. When asked from leadership why did your telesales, customer service and porting Dept not share this critical information. The leadership responds this is our internal policy. If you ask to show you a copy they will deny. What does that mean. Millions of telephone subscribers are shopping around for new carrier and offers. They are mislead by Verizon leadership ( Tier 2) and office of leadership, who don’t want to take responsibility of what is going on. They state ‘customer should know it’ Wow. Right? Carlos as I finished talking said thank you for VENTING. I told him I was not venting but stating facts / incidents / name of leadership ( Tier 2 customer service) with date stamped. I was sincerely giving a constructive feedback. I asked Carlos to take his words back. He denied. As the call progresses Carlos was speaking the same language which I have been hearing for 3 month ( similar personalty) of Tier 2 support. He continued to defend actions of his tier 2 leadership and marketing Dept. I told him to look at the offer later on his own. He said which offer? Then days immediately it states based on credit check? Fact is account is already opened and there is no credit check needed. Spending limit is decided already. When I told Carlos i am adding your name in my list, suddenly he changed his demeanor and become soft spoken and polite. What a change? He asked what I wanted. He talked with such conviction as if he will fix Verizon mindset right away. I simply stated they need to honor there offer. He declined and shared same answer like his tier 2 leadership. I could read between lines several tines he was very unhappy to hear the truth. No one likes to see their face if shown. I also informed him I could hear he is not happy with my constructive feedback. He denied. I knew taking to Verizon was waste of time. Carlos forgot the basic lesson learnt of business ‘ Listen to customer, mediate and do your best’ The reason being it’s because of customers they have a Job. I stated to him is was not a good idea on Verizon part to annoy customers. I have personally seen big business fail due to poor leadership. Time changes but certain entities or people never change unless they go through setbacks.

Amy Smith Cresskill, NJ

Let me first start by saying I’ve been a Verizon customer for over 20 years. I usually have two phones on my account. I am completely and utterly disappointed and saddened by Verizon. Time after time with different customer service representatives I had to use my time and energy to voice the same concerns over and over again. It all started when they came out with the new iPhone 12 Pro. They had a promo that would credit your bill $440 for the exchange of my iPhone XR which was in excellent condition. I saw this promo and said “you know, what the heck, let me just go for it and upgrade”. However, when I received my bill, it was a completely different story. Oddly, my bill kept increasing month after month with no legitimate justification or explanation. After the eighth time of calling trying to have someone fix the situation I ended it with Verizon once and for all. I told them to keep the phone I’m done. With this said.. I was really saddened by this, given my trust & dedication to this company for so many years and then being treated so poorly by them, left a bitter taste in my mouth. I am and forever done with Verizon. I’ve encouraged all of my business partners, friends, family & associates to ditch them. Unfortunately lack of training, lack of following up and lack of customer service skills leads to a company breakdown from the inside out. So sad, take your business elsewhere.

Ty Brown

Ever since Verizon switched to 5G I have absolutely no service anywhere. Can’t play a game, can’t search something on the internet, nothing. This is ridiculous.

Liza Sotchenko Parkville, MD

HORRIBLE service. Last month we couldn't even call or text. Went to the Verizon store and they simply stated ''Yeah we've been having issues but we have no idea when it's coming back up'' ... Had to go almost a week with no internet, texting or calling which made it hard with keeping in touch with work and family. Now service is back up but thanks to 5G we still hardly ever get service. Switching to another provider soon.

Patricia Leto Levittown, NY

I had the Triple Play bundle, and when my son moved out I contacted Verizon to drop some channels he watched so I could lower my monthly charge. I spoke to two online reps, who removed my home phone and other features without telling me that the bundle offer didn't exist any more. I ended up paying the same amount as before but with less services, after being a loyal customer for years. Total ripoff company.

Aly Wright Idaho Falls, ID

If I could give 0 stars I would! I used to be a promoter of Verizon until this last couple of years. They used to be proud about the great customer service they provide but now is like they forgot how to help they customers and treat them right. I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 +5G when it came out. I had to pay on my bill an extra fee for the 5G and here is a kicker, I have never once been on 5G. Nowhere online, stores or commercials specified that when you buy the note 10 + 5G you will be on the 5G ulta netwoek. What that means is that you will only get 5G in major cities. What's the point of advertising that's a 5G phone if you can't use it? When I talked to a store representative they told me the nationwide and Ulta band are 2 things and it was my fault for buying the phone. When asked for a manager and I tried to explained the situation she told me to shut up. My husband didn't took that well and decided we were going to leave Verizon. After the manager realized we were going to terminate our service she offered to upgrade me to a 5G Nationwide and add a $200 credit if I was willing to trade my phone in. What she neglected to mentioned was that she would trade my phone after I had fully paid my phone. That offer was basically worthless. I would get a $200 credit but I would have to pay $1000 to pay off my phone. At this point, my husband and I finishing our phone payments to move away from Verizon as they don't care for their customers.

Dave Fortin Kingston, PA

Always changing monthly fees, services charges, roaming areas, forever dropping calls, towers down, poor customer service. I would never recommend them to anyone.

Paul Stein Toronto, ON

I had UNLIMITED DATA awhile back. Verizon ACCIDENTALLY closed my account & lost my free data plan. The COB CFO need to be skinned alive & drawn & quartered. A surface to air missile at the company chopper would be too nice for that septic tank scum sucking board of directors.

Even Sax Alameda, CA

Terrible Terrible Terrible. They say that they are the "most advanced coverage", but the truth is that the service is not great (at least not here) I end up using internet calling because mobil service calls are typically not great. 5g still not in most places. The most troubling thing is the pricing though. They give you one price for the cost of service but then add on a ton of taxes and "service charges" so you can count on your bill being 20%-40% over what you actually expected.

kimberli eicher Bend, OR

Total rip off. I was with Verizon for several years, yet every single time I upgraded my phone, I would be Promised in the store that it was a "free upgrade" and "no additional fees would show up on future bills"- yet without fail, my bills increased between $80-$120 a month! When I tried to address these changes and all the promises given to me in store, there was never anything they could do. Whomever I spoke to just seemed "baffled" and not once was my bill fixed. Horrible, dishonest company.

Sid Siddio Katy, TX

They have very bad customer representatives working for them who doesn’t provide all the information especially with restocking fee or other fees. So they can make money.

Lynn thomas Las Vegas, NV

Verizon isn’t customer friendly. The service has gotten worst. I’m checking into switching providers. They told me that they only offer senior discounts to people that reside in Florida. I have 2 lines and paying $250 a month. This is ridiculous!!!!

Gina Marie Commack, NY

Absolutely terrible. Hands-down by far the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. I sit on the phone for hours, get absolutely nowhere, have no knowledge there after because even after a two hour telephone conversation… I still literally have zero answers. For example I am fighting with them currently over a bill from the past, as I said I just switched over to T-Mobile which the customer service is better but lacks the Wi-Fi capability that Verizon has

denn Nashville, TN

i purchased a samsung 9 note with unlimited service plan at the verzon store in johnson city tn. in march 2020 my phone dissapeared in vietnam -- stolen or lost i wasnt sure --- i cancelled the number and service then in april paid off the balance of $540 on the phone -- the next month after my payoff verizon again took $165 out of my bank account --- i was in vietnam and it was impossible to contact them ---if in u s i would've gone back to the store and questioned the charge--- the next month they charged me $76-- better but still unwaranted as i was not using any verizon service --- i have now cancelled the bank account they were robbing---about 10years ago i bought a wifi hotspotdevice fromverizon again on monthly payments ---the device was a big headache-- it would work for about 10 minutes then shut down due to heat then had to wait til it cooled off to use-- i took it to the verizon store --- they had it in the back room for 1 hour came back and said --"we cant fix it" ---i stopped paying so now i have a $200 gig on my credit report from verizon--- did they know it was a bad product ???? of course they knew!!!!! so i am totally done doing any business with verizon coverage ----- yes very good -------- service criminal !!!!!!!!!!!

J O N N Y B O B Auburn, NY

Verizon has the worst customer service I have ever experienced with any company in my life. They put profits ahead of nearly everything and make it impossible for you to leave their company if you are trying to switch. Verizon has cost my family tens of thousand over the years and after being with them for so long it hurts feeling like I have been taking advantage of. Customers are clearly not valued here given my awful experiences with their customer service. It may sound good on paper, but after all is said and done you will be wishing you never chose to use their products and or services. Verizon has always marketed itself as the best with the best coverage, but with today's technological improvements there are so many other great options that are better priced than Verizon. Please use Verizon as a last resort.

Farz Dayton, OH

Tried to make online purchase after entering everything the contract would not load so chatted with several agent decided to delete everything and redo. After several attempt it went through. I was frustrated and forgot to choose color. At store realized and was told they cannot do anything it is an online purchase, came home called everyone had no one could look at my order since I was never asked to create username and password more than ten people did not know what to do they were sending me authorization code but could not use it, some said try to register your phone and I found it is locked now. Now they were all saying you have to go to the store to unlock so far all information was wrong. Next day decided to call on the way to the store 30 min away god lucky he know how to unlock the account. talked to several agent all saying you need to go to the store to change the phone. Since the store was not helpful at all I needed know exactly what to do before going there. Finally there was very nice lady she said who cared and said any authorized store should do the exchange when I pointed they they will not have the color for both phones she helped me find a store with several units of both and called them. I was so happy. The 4th day I drove 70 to this they told me they cannot do it the system is showing I need 1500 down payment and I need to drive 90 min the the other store that would not even talk to me to fix the issue. I thought ok I will call they will probably fix the issue first call told me an online purchase needs to be taken to other store to be recorded and wait til they are shipped to that store. When I asked to talk to customer loyalty he said I will transfer you and hang up here goes 30 min wait. By this time I gave up seeing everyone is saying the solution is that you leave us and figure it out on your own. So I said OK I will return these phones here and ask the online people to help me. The store said we will try, and after few minutes told me no it cannot be done my only option is to close the account. At the same time I wa on hold with customer loyalty or worry free returns for 40 min. After the return was done finally someone picked up the phone. When I explained my situation he said sorry it didn't work out. So this is the number one wireless company. There is no customer service no one will help you or care, is there a complaint department he said no I am the complaint department. I said at least make a note to the management that if your agent do not make percentage of customer they do not care to even talk to you. I mean how hard is it for the store to call the online to resolve the their mistake. They just say if I don't make few hundred off of this guy just send him to the next guy, or how hard is it to put managers that know how to resolve issues and ask the employees if you don't know how to help direct them to the right source and ask your supervisor who probably don't know because I asked and they did the same if it was online they would say go to the store if it was store they would say go to the online or other store. I hope this will at least help someone, because I do not think it will help Verizon.

John Floyd Florence, SC

visited local Verizon office to get Verizon cell phone repaired. Unscrupulous salesman told me my phone was out of date an not able to update. Was told a new phone(s) and a new plan would cost less than my current plan and outdated plan, all lies. When I got my next bill it was twice what I was currently paying. I went back to the Verizon office to complain, the salesman went in the rear of the office and would not come out to talk with me, I was told I would have to call the Verizon reg. office. Got little help but finally was able to return the new phones and reinstate the plan I had. My plans were always paid by bank draft, never late. With out notifying me with out any explanation, Verizon turned the month of the charges they were to remove for the salesman's overcharges for the 1 month of excess charges to a credit collection agency, again there was never any explanation for the charge for the one month even though Verizon bank drafted for that month what I had been paying, Verizon never missed a payment. I paid the credit collection agency, I called them and HQ of Verizon numerous times to no avail, no one cared. Be aware that if you get an unscrupulous salesman, Verizon will not listen or do anything to help you and does not care if they harm your credit record. Go to another cell phone carrier.

Jim Casa Grande, AZ

May 12-purchased BOGO (Mothers Day… May 12-purchased BOGO (Mothers Day Special) phones at Verizon. Here was the deal advertised: Verizon is currently offering a BOGO sale on its best mainstream phones, from the iPhone 8 to the Galaxy S9. And the best part is that no trade-in is required. For Apple fans, buy an iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X and get $699 off toward the purchase of a second iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X. Pricier phones like the $999 iPhone X will get a $699 discount, which still amounts to an impressive price cut. In each case, the discount is provided as a bill credit which covers the cost of the device over the span of 24 months. That means the discount doesn't apply to upfront, one-time purchases. The discount is applicable to new and current users and requires a new line of service. We have been Verizon customers for over 12 years. We purchased 2 IPhone X's. We made it clear that there was just the two of us and a third line was not an option. We were told no problem about the new line we will change the number of one of your existing phones and that will give us the new line. We agreed on a payment of 115.00 per month. As it turns out Verizon did not honor that agreement, rather initially charged us for 2 new phones plus a third line (our old number), $436.00. We went in to store in late May to let them know we could not afford phones with out BOGO—they said give us some time and we will work it out After several trips to the Verizon store.we finally got the old line removed. Went online in early June to see if I could work out bill problem (436.00) They said no, I would have to go into store—I did immediately. Once again-We will work it out. Sent me news my Bill would be only 336.00 a month-went in again offered to give back phones, restated we could not pay this amount. We were told they could get our Bill down to 115.00-we agreed to that. Received Bill for 155.00 called again. I was told they were meeting with District Manager and they would call me back—no call following day I called and they told me the District Manager refused to make any concessions and furthermore we were to late to return phones. Even though we had attempted to do so 3 other times, when it seemed they could not straighten out the problem. Bottom line: we were placed on a plan BOGO that we were not eligible for and told we were. The two employees in the store admitted that they were wrong to put us on that program however refused to make it right. Many hours on phone and in store has gotten us nowhere. We wondered if they were simply taking advantage of a Senior and Veteran or if the people we dealt with just didn't care. After multiple visits to store and several calls to customer service, it became clear that the store employees and District Manager could care less about working this out with us. So we are no longer with Verizon. Very disappointing. The good news is we switched to T-Mobile and we are enjoying great service, great coverage and great customer service.

Andrew Bauer Akron, OH

I have had Verizon since we had a boat and bagphone. I am up to $300 per month for three lines. Insurance (which is joke) of $11 per month per phone is/was included! I am finally in a position to escape the two-year contracts on each line that they DON’T have. Every time you make an adjustment, two years! Yes, they have good locations for their towers but we are gone! DONT DO IT! READ THE REVIEWS AND BELIEVE! I recently got rid of the landline, cell phone was broke, had insurance and needed them. Nope. After jumping through all the hoops (many as I am now an IPhone 7 repairman), politely at first, I only needed to wait a week for a replacement! THANKS!

J J Yakima, WA

We were told by a CSR at our local store about a bogo offer. The s9+ if we added a line. We didn't need another line so the CSR told us to add one to get the bogo offer and once we activate the new line to cancel one of our old lines. He also told my wife that he wasn't supposed to tell people that. So when my wife called to activate the new line and cancel her old line she asked the CSR on the phone if she could keep her same number, she was told yes no problem. We knew we were going to have a larger than normal phone bill the next month but when the second month was high also she called to see why. As it turned out the CSR that was to activate our new line and cancel an old one did the opposite and now we are stuck paying for a $1000 phone. When we tried to call and get this fixed we were told sorry we can't help you now its past 50 days.

bill donohue Paso Robles, CA

They are ok. Too expensive. I'm looking now at T-Mobile, because Verizon is too expensive and they are sneaky. They are always pushing upgrades and insurance. Insurance is a racket. I just used it to replace a phone with a broken screen. I paid $14.00 a month for more than two years then had to pay a $200.00 deductable to get a replacement phone. The replacement is not new and has numerous performance issue, but the screen isn't cracked. I would have been better off if I had avoided the insurance and just paid for a new phone. But their sales staff doesn't tell you the details and it's impossible to read the fine print of the contract, especially after spending two hours in the store just to buy a cell phone. My next phone will be an unlocked phone purchased from e bay and will then select the provider I want.

Chris Plato Baltimore, MD

In store customer service is the worst. Waiting time is always at least one hour and then you get a rep that doesn't know how to do their job. I had one store rep shout across the counter and past the customer she was working with "Why are you staring at me!". Frankly I didn;t know she was there until I heard her shrill voice. I was staring at the back of the customer's back while leaning against a column, since I'm disabled, at 10 feet away! Later when my turn came up, she took another customer ahead of me instead. When I complained, she said I gave my turn up. What? Why would I do that after waiting an hour in pain? But that's not the best part. After we got into an argument, this minimum wage worker shouted for the whole shop to hear: "Get out of MY store!" I replied she is an employee and it was not her store. It belonged to Verizon. She called security to escort me out. And my monthly bill is about $130 and this is how I get treated? I just needed someone to insert my SIM card in my new hone that replaced a stolen one. A simple 1-minute job for someone who knows how to do it. But this is no isolated case. Time and time again at different stores even, I get poor customer service and have to wait for it. And I pay more than 2 to 3 times what my friends pay for a single line at competitors. In the end she made a good sale for T-Mobile for better service and 1/3 of the cost.

Joseph RonPaul Elster Rogers, AR

was with verizon for a few years back in early 2000 when you had to pay 'long distance' fees for some calls. Had to dial 10 digits ALWAYS, but didnt know if it was LD until you got whacked with charges on your bill. asked if there was a way for me to know before i called, they said NO. I canceled my account, they kept charging and I didn't pay. 7 years later it dropped off my credit report! came back to them in 2006, after a generous employer discount I received. Had numerous connection issues for next 5 years, always replacing devices. they claimed the building was interfering with the repeaters. Then all of a sudden, the service got better. I received a MUCH larger discount through AT&T, so switched from verizon to them. With all my travels, I can say that verizon COVERAGE is usually MUCH better than any other. But when you have issues, you will get terrible support from them. Factory reset is their solution to every issue. Samsung Note 4, got 4 updates in 16 months. 1st one, battery dies within 5 hours of use. they replaced battery, worked fine without FR. 2nd one battery issues again, they replaced DEVICE first... repeated process. same results. Replaced battery, worked fine. 3rd one, battery issues AND SD card issues (samsung card). Would no longer read in phone or computer. Samsung replaced card, verizon replaced battery... all was well again, without FR. 4th one, battery issues AGAIN. Replaced battery, not much improvement. This time the VERIZON app (also updated), would kick you out after device check. Verizon solution? uninstall app update, which worked.... It's one thing after another with verizon. at end of my 2 years, i'll be going back to AT&T. I'm currently paying $178 for 2 lines (18gb data) with verizon, and my at&t account I have 5 lines (30gb data & 2 device fees) and paying $174. My last time using verizon

Philip & Cheryl DiModica Lowell, MA

The new scam from Verizon Wireless, it's the Jetpack. They don't tell you how much faster it uses data than your iPhone. They tell you as long as you don't download music or movies it doesn't use much data and if you're just looking at email of surfing the web for a short amount of time, it doesn't have a negative impact on your data usage. I called Verizon Wireless because after 16 days I received a text from them indicating I was at 50% of my data usage. Per my conversation with the customer rep I was told to make sure I turn it off when I was not using it because it is using a ‘SMALL' amount of data even if you're not using it. How come the little detail was omitted at the time of purchase. My bill went from using less than 6g a month to over 12. When I called I was told to buy more data or pay the overage ($15/g). This device is a scam, they told me it would cost $10 a month and won't have a significant impact on my current data usage. To increase my data to the next level it cost $20 now I'm up to $30. Due to deceptive sales practices I tried to get out of my contract but was told the penalty for early termination is $175 (this is the big part of the scam). A Lower level service rep suspended the service for 6 months said they would cut the cost in half, because of the deceptive sales practices. After six months I called back and I asked to talk to a supervisor he (Robert) told me to bad you have to pay the penalty in full $175. I've been a Verizon customer since 1994, I was told how much they appreciated my loyally, but sorry we can't do a thing for you. BEWARE what you buy from Verizon Wireless their only interest is to scam you for as much money as they can. Please beware of their new scams and deceptive sales practices.

Perry-Lee Detroit, MI

The absolute worst customer service ever. Trying to get a resolution to issues and each operator will pass the buck claiming it's out of their training capabilities. When asking for a supervisor the operators will leave customer on permanent hold or transfer so many times it will hang up line, when I called back only to go through the same horrible experience. I've had and on going issue with VZW for 2 years with billing and no resolution yet. I hate calling every month attempting to get help only to be lied to. I've been told someone higher than a supervisor will be calling that call never happened. Operators will hang up when they can't solve issues, they don't keep notes on your account so you won't have to explain multiple times . If we did not travel across the USA with our trucking business I would find another cell service but nobody in USA has better connection. I also don't want to be charged for beating the 2 year contract Im bound to. As a lo g time customer they call me VIP but trat me like crap everytime, I've sought out an attorney for my ongoing g issue, inconvenience pain and suffering.

tony mcnutt Fort Payne, AL

i had verizon from the 1980s til 2014 and service was ok except to expensive but in 2014 my wife had brain cancer and we could not pay a high bill ,leaving our last bill not payed . i tryed to talk to verizon about paying the last bill when i could and remember i had never been late on my bill but they were ass holes . they said it was late and they could do nothing about it , so it went on my credit report .and its the only bad thing on my report to this day. sometimes you just cant pay right then . my wife had a grapefruit size lesion cut out of her head,but god listend when i talked to him because my wife has done good after surgery. if i ran my bis like verizon does i would go broke .mabe thats why they lose a lot of people.

David Corry Port Huron, MI

I have come to the fact that after my contract is up I will not renew with Verizon. Their help after my accident and trying to get caught up was horrible. They only cared about when and how much you could pay without giving you a chance to speak. I carry four lines for my family, and could do their prepay and get the same service without all the extra cost. New customers can get better promotions than existing customers, which means they don't care much about current because you are locked in but just getting new customers. For almost two years now I have been disappointed in what they offer.

Carlisa Wheless Richmond, VA

Horrible to many extra fees . my bill was never what it was suppose to be always higher

Lynne Green Denver, CO

When I had verizon phone service a few years ago, it cost me more than my reported bill, they added on charges like texting, which they said my phone service did not have, I found out later that my phone was not allowed to text, I did not like their attitude, they had hidden charges, that I was charged for. I terminated their services, I went to a bonafide phone company and have stayed. It has been quite length of time since I had verizon, I do not remember the financial out go but I do know it was more than I could afford the premiums. I did not pay any fees to use their service, I just did not like their monthly phone charges, I could not afford their charges, so I changed phone company.

Sarah Rosencrans Portland, OR

Where's from me I've ever had the price they give you when you start up it's never the price I paid not one time it's always insanely higher there's hidden fees everywhere

Fnkdctr Rochester, NY

Auto pay scam. During the covid-19 pandemic I was looking for ways to save money. When you log into your Verizon app, it offers a $5 discount with autopay. So i set it up on 3 separate lines. Instead of discounting me, it charges me more. I went from $40 a month to $44. When i talked to customer support they said it would apply next month. They lied. Both my parents on fixed income are also being ripped off. If you set up autopay, make sure you get the discount and check your billing. Ive already wrote to the bbb and nys attorney general

Kylee Carpenter Tooele, UT

I would not use them at all!!! All they want is money. I have never had an account wit’s them. My mom has and I was on her plan for a few months. Some how they got my ssn and put all her stuff on my credit. Comepletely distroyed my credit. I called them to get it off and they won’t unless I pay!!! It is my moms name with my ssn. It is hers not mine. Now I have to take them to court.

Cynthia Armstrong

Bad customer service, you get so many different billing amounts and can't explain why the billing amount change from month to month. My bill for two lines with taxes was not to be no more than $175.00 a month, but somehow for two months straight it jumped to $1.059.58 for one month and when I called in, the automated system said it was $1779.67 with a payment of $312.00 posting 07/13/2017 and a last due balance of $2107.35. So I decided to contact the FCC.

David Hodges

Verizon has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. When you want to talk to a representative prompts guide you thru a menu that takes about 10 minutes to navigate out of and than in disconnects you. If you are lucky enough to get in touch with a live person they tell you they will call you back and you never hear from them and your issue remains unsolved.

Grace Demore Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I found their customer service to be terrible. If you ask for corporate or a manager you never get one. In the store you go in for a phone and they try to sell you nonsense accessories you don't need. They made a billing error in November of 14 and it still is not completely resolved. Never again will they dupe me into being their customer-------anything is better, even prepaid, The bigger you are the harder you fall ----you can't keep treating people so poorly.

Joe Sylvester Scranton, PA

I went it to a Verizon store and was told that I can't keep the plan I have. When my contract is up I have to pay the same for less. I get 6gigs of data and was told that will be dropped to 2gigs, for the price I am paying. But I could pay more to keep the 6. I asked why, they told me this is what Verizon is doing, doesn't matter if you had them as your carrier for 20 years or 2 minutes. I told them when my contact is up I will be leaving. They have no loyalty for me, then I have none for them. They are not the only carrier in town, they aren't even the best.

Mike McG Milford, OH

Had problem with my new s5 and the upgrade to lollipop. having terrible service problems that weren't there before. Their response was to wait on the upgrade to the upgrade. so in the three months i am waiting i have horrible service. Upgrade came and not much better! I am paying prime rib price for bologna service!!! Reading online I see I'm not the only one with the same problem. Their solution is to put a band aide on the problem. I am stuck in a contract so I don't have much recourse. As soon as I'm free I'm leaving!!!!

pissed off customer Schenectady, NY

High Prices! For the same service you can get elsewhere for cheaper! Nothing outstanding! only customer service reps that criticize you for paying on time and don't value a good customer! Comment if you don't pay on time we turn off your phone! REALLY! Asswipes! Over charges on Data Fees! Thrown off UNLIMITED DATA plan because needed to upgrade phone after my phone was lost in a home fire! REALLY! Scum bags! Termination FEES are outrageous! Can't wait for contract to be up to DUMP VERIZON!