T-Mobile Logo

7.5

LAST UPDATED: October 27th, 2021

Our 500+ verified T-Mobile reviews give T-Mobile an average 3.5/5 stars, placing it among the top cell phone carriers. T-Mobile ranks well for all of our consumer sentiment criteria:

• Value for your money
  • Quality of product or service
  • Customer service
  • Company trustworthiness

T-Mobile is unique in that it will match a customer's corporate, affiliate, or military discount up to $15 for single lines and $30 total for two or more lines.

A bit about the company's background:

T-Mobile, founded in 1991 and located in Bellevue, WA, is the United States-based operating arm of T-Mobile International AG, providing wireless voice & messaging services and data services. The cell carrier operates some of the largest wireless networks in the U.S., reaching 99 percent of Americans according to the company. It has a market of over 45 million customers and over $20 billion in revenue every year.

A new merger between T-Mobile and Sprint is in the works with the introduction of 5G connectivity.

T-Mobile is known for its signature comprehensive cell phone plan, Magenta, which includes bells and whistles like unlimited coverage in Mexico and Canada, Netflix at no charge, and unlimited video streaming at 480p resolution.

AT&T Logo
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.8
TracFone Logo
#4 TracFone chevron_right
4.0

The Good

• Quality of Services and Plans
  • New Phone Promotions
  • Phone Financing Options
  • Good Overall Customer Service
  • Affordability and Special Pricing
  • International Network Coverage

Quality of Services and Plans

T-Mobile has three straightforward unlimited cell phone plans:

1. Premium unlimited plan Magenta Plus

2. Signature unlimited plan Magenta

3. Basic unlimited plan Essentials

Magenta Plus includes maximum perks and benefits:

• Unlimited talk, text, and smartphone data
  • Free Netflix with 2-screen access
  • Taxes and fees included in advertised pricing
  • 2x data speeds and texting in 210+ countries and international regions
  • In-flight texting and unlimited in-flight Wi-Fi use
  • Unlimited HD streaming at DVD quality (480p)
  • Unlimited talk and text and some data in Canada and Mexico (up to 5 GB of 4G LTE data)
  • Mobile hotspot data
  • Name ID
  • Voicemail to text

In addition to the contract plans above, T-Mobile offers prepaid plans with data, calls, and texting to suit each client's needs. Magenta benefits are available as a prepaid plan for domestic only or for domestic and international.

All data plans include some degree of mobile hotspot data up to 20GB with the Magenta Plus plan. T-Mobile's smartphone mobile hotspot, also known as Wi-Fi sharing or tethering, allows you to share your smartphone or tablet's internet connection with another Wi-Fi-enabled device using T-Mobile's network.

New Phone Promotions

T-Mobile frequently runs promotions for new device purchases - generally the newest iPhone and Android OS models - as an incentive to purchase a plan. AutoPay and trade-ins are generally required to qualify for the iPhone and Android phone promotions.

With T-Mobile, you have access to the latest and greatest in phone tech. T-Mobile's inventory includes the latest phone models like the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus with 4K video capture, a dual 12MP + 12MP + 12MP rear camera, wireless charging, and "all-day intelligent" battery life or the Samsung Galaxy Note9 with super AMOLED display, expandable memory up to 1TB, and biometric unlock.

To use your current phone (if compatible) you can purchase a SIM card to set your phone up in T-Mobile's network.

Phone Financing Options

The customer can either pay for their services in advance or they can pay as they go. This makes the credit check nightmare of a contract plan obsolete.

There are some credit-based possibilities for covering the price of a new phone, however. If a customer cannot afford one of the more expensive phones up front but can pass a credit check, they can pay for the phone in payments over time. If a customer, under this agreement, decides that they no longer want service through T-Mobile, they are responsible for the remaining balance on the phone.

Good Overall Customer Service

Our verified consumer reviews below are generally positive regarding T-Mobile's attentiveness to customers. From a different third-party review perspective based on customer satisfaction surveys for the past several years, T-Mobile has been recognized as the best customer service provider within the cell phone industry by JD Power and Associates. The company is also recognized for its outstanding care in the customer care category.

Affordability and Special Pricing

T-Mobile is known for its overall affordability. The phone plans available offer data plans comparable in price to that of other providers without requiring long contracts, though auto-pay is required to obtain the best deals.

Customers are never charged overage fees because they simply cannot use their data after they have reached their monthly quota. With most no-contract carriers, there aren't unlimited data pricing paradigms in their data plans, but T-Mobile is the exception. In addition, the unlimited data plan from T-Mobile is significantly cheaper than the 100 GB plans offered through competitors.

In addition, T-Mobile offers special pricing for customers 55+ which can be applied to two phone lines in a plan and includes all of the benefits of T-Mobile ONE. Active and retired military members and their families also qualify for special pricing.

International Network Coverage

T-Mobile also has extensive international service in over 210 countries and international regions. In fact, it is one of the few wireless providers that includes international data and texting at no additional cost, which is far above many of the other contract providers in the industry.

Customers can access their account easily, speak with an online customer care representative, or use their text messaging to monitor their monthly services for international texting as well as other stats.

The Bad

• Cost
  • Limited Device Options
  • Equipment Installment Program
  • Tablet Limitations

Cost

While T-Mobile provides high LTE speeds, Wi-fi hotspot options, and entertainment perks that are unavailable through other mobile phone carriers, its plans are more expensive than that of several competitors. In this case, it's true that you get what you pay for.

Limited Device Options

The company carries the most popular device brands, including certified used phones, but doesn't sell everything: T-Mobile does not offer BlackBerry phones and or Windows phone models.

Equipment Installment Program

Something to point out is the policy regarding the Equipment Installment Program. If a customer chooses to discontinue their service with T-Mobile, they are responsible for the remaining cost of the phone if it was purchased under an Equipment Installment Program. In some ways, this is a tactic to keep customers on T-Mobile's service without forcing a contract.

Tablet Limitations

With T-Mobile, customers can only use tablets with data capability that can be converted into a hot spot. These max out at 11 GB of data per month and do not suit the needs of customers who frequently use a tablet as a hot spot for a laptop computer or other device.

The Bottom Line

T-Mobile is a strong carrier for those hoping to avoid long-term contracts or hidden fees. Though not perfect, the majority of T-Mobile customer reviews reflect positive user experiences and the company is known for its low prices, no overage fees, and other controls in place that keeps the cost competitive for the customer. Prospective customers can expect the following with T-Mobile:

• Different plan options to cater to different preferences
  • Unlimited texting, talk, and data
  • No long-term contracts
  • Portable Wi-Fi
  • International texting included
  • iPhone and Android phone promotions
  • Financing available and overall affordability
  • Discounts for seniors and military personnel
  • Netflix subscription

T-Mobile is rightly among our top-ranked cell phone providers. Read customer reviews below to learn more.

View Best Cell Phone Providers

3.7

jerri reed Kansas City, MO

I received great service at the TMobile on 71 highway in Springdale AR. They had plenty of staff and EXPERT staff to help me with my issues. Marco G. deserves a raise for the magic he performed on my phone. I'm so grateful to him. Someone at TMobile needs to be congratulated for having the foresight to hire this genius of a man!

Verenice Espinoza Chicago, IL

I dropped my phone and the screen shattered also leaving my screen unresponsive to the touch. I took a visit to T-mobile on 47th and Pulaski. Jailene has always had exceptional service skills while working fast and efficiently. I was out of t mobile with my upgraded iPhone 13 and some accessories in an hour. Hands down always the best place to come and if you’re looking for someone to guide you in your cell phone services- ask Jailene.

Tom Okerlund Henderson, NV

We’ve had T-Mobile for several years and are very happy with their fast and reliable 5g coverage and in store customer service. We recently upgraded one of our phones and the in store staff was knowledgeable and spot on in making the upgrade smooth and easy. We have the 50+ program that is reasonably priced and includes great options.

M. Neary Cleburne, TX

I have been with TMobile since 2003 and will not transfer to any other carrier unless. Best customer service, easy contact with reps and just plain professional.

19 hours ago

Dena Lenexa, KS

I love the 55+ plus plans, no hidden fees simple every month. In rural areas coverage can be spotty but in city areas very clear. I also like getting Netflix as part of the $70 a month for two lines.

Anita Brooks Denver, CO

We switched from AT&T to T-Mobile when they merged with Sprint and they paid off my phone. It was very easy at their store. They have very knowledgeable staff. They transferred all my contacts and everything. The most important thing of all is my monthly phone bill went down a lot for the same service I was getting before.

Canutillo High El Paso, TX

I like the fact that I can walk into any T-mobile store, and not feel like I'm in a used car dealership. Seems employees are well trained and cordial. I also like that they provide military discounts, and free texting/internet on AA flights.

Judy Tepe Mason, OH

We signed up for T-Mobile cell phone service through the kiosk at Costco Waterstone. They were very busy, but also very knowledgable and helpful. We love our new cell phone service! Special thanks to Brittany and, especially, Theron, who helped us very much!! We are seniors and not very tech savvy, and they had great patience with us. They were very helpful! We love T-Mobile and we love Costco!!

Jean Massey La Grange, TX

I have been with Metro PCS/ T-MOBILE for years and have always had the best coverage, rates and service. I have friends and family that are with other cell companies and all I hear is complaints about how bad and slow the service is. I never worry about overages of any kind because when T-Mobile says unlimited it means unlimited! Not unlimited until you use so many gigs and then you slow down to a snail with a limp speed.

N Goshagi Ellicott City, MD

Great service great price but i wish costumer service was as good as their actual phone and internet service

Mhyrynde Noa Troy, NY

Awesome-Amazong-INcredible--service, people, everything! The east decision I've ever made was to switch from Verizon to TMobile!!

Rom Mendawi Los Angeles, CA

I have been with T Mobile since they bought Sprint. It is an amazing company! I wish I was with them from the beginning. They have promotions every Tuesdays. They have good customer services. Highly recommend it

K.M. P. Charlotte, NC

Cheap and decent customer service if something happens to your phone. You can also use an old phone if push comes to shove. They also have decent service/coverage all over...never had an issue with connection or my hotspot.

Tracy Howard Gilbert, AZ

I have had a few cell carriers through the years and T-Mobile has been the best so far. Great pricing and great customer service. I also appreciate the T-Mobile Tuesday promotions!

Becky Winter Springs, FL

I have never had a problem with T-Mobile. If I have a question I can go to there Chat on there website and get it answered in just a few minutes. It’s easy to pay my bill on there website as well. Never have I ever had no service or interrupted service. They’re awesome!!

Tracy Deleon Lake Wales, FL

I bought a phone about 3 months ago, and hated it. Happen to stop by T-Mobile while out shopping,to see if they could help me get a new phone and a cheaper phone plan. Noah, the sales guy was super patient and answered all my questions and concerns. I am loving the new phone already! Superfast and crisp colors. The sales manager Corey was awesome too, offered to credit my account after I complained about some of the prices. Thanks guys!!! Amazing customer service!!!

Bob Means McKeesport, PA

T-mobile is a great cell phone provider. I can't endorse their nationwide coverage, but I get great coverage everywhere I go where I live. I believe they have the best prices among the major carrier's, especially if you are a senior. They all offer home internet now. It is a solid product that I would recommend to anyone but a hard core video gamer.

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

Came to T-Mobile from Sprint after an out of control billing issue. The deal I got 7 years ago is still better than anything else out there. NOT ONE BILL INCREASE IN 7 YEARS!! That is why I left Sprint and AT&T to begin with. Customer service is always available. I recommend the Chat feature. You can make all changes necessary for your account and get any/all questions answered quickly on Chat. Not planning on going anywhere anytime soon.

Moses Cosom Darlington, SC

There are very few issues I've experienced in the decade of service. the limited times I've had to utilized customer service have been extremely pleasant and efficient. the store representatives are excellent trained and make the in-store experience almost preferrable over the telephone or online assistance.

Carlie Sami Pensacola, FL

I have stayed with T-Mobile for over 8 years, I've always had consistent great service. I was pleased when they came out with the 55+ program, I immediately enrolled and am saving even more money. There is no need for me to change providers because I already have what I need.

Anthony Bishop Charlotte, NC

I have been a T-Mobile customer for about 10 years and have been satisfied. However, quality of service is very dependent on the particular office I have utilized. Cell phone coverage is dependable and vast. The cost of my senior plan is excellent. I recently subscribed to their internet service. It is reasonably priced and reliable.

Donna G Schultz Grove, OK

I went in to T Mobile last time my iphone broke, just to check them out. They had a special for Seniors so I was going to sign up. The salesman offered me a demo phone to try in my rural area to make sure I liked it. That's when I found out that only Verizon works in our area. The salespeople were GREAT, Honest and really went out of their way.

Aaron H ,

Wonderful customer support, helpful representatives, attractive website, NO contracts or hidden fees, solid LTE coverage and even better 5G when compared to the other carriers, etc... My list could go on for days about why I think T-Mobile is the best carrier in the U.S period. They value the customer first and are willing to be flexible with financing. If you are looking to switch then I highly recommend taking a look at T-Mobile before the rest of the pack.

Charnise Johnson Chicago, IL

I was recently with Sprint, but they switched over To T-Mobile, and every since they switched over My cellular experience has improved a lot. They have been so helpful on the phone with upgrading my new phone and very helpful with every question that I asked. I went in the next day to give me a new phone, and the whole process took all of 30 minutes to complete. I highly recommend T-Mobile to anybody.

Scott Eagles Olive Branch, MS

T-Mobile provides some of the best cell phone service I have ever had. I speak from experience with all of the other major providers (ATT&T, Sprint, Verizon). I have not had any billing or contract issues with them as I have always had with other companies. I like that they provide a generous military discount and special military member discounts. The coverage area is comparable with other providers having some dead zone in less populated areas. I cannot speak for customer service as I have never had a reason to call them in my 3 years since being with them.

Archer

Switched to T-Mobile 3 years ago and saved myself not only some money, I also saved myself a lot of headaches!!! The CS has been great, very responsive and they get things done very quickly 98% of the time. Sometimes it takes a little longer due to the issue being dealt with. The connectivity has been great as well, they even gave me a booster set up when I was just outside the service area so I could get a signal and it worked out great!

Tom K San Francisco, CA

Excellent service and works in other countries as well. Customer service with real people based in the USA!

Lisa Schwartz Mason City, IA

Provide us with excellent service! They are more then willing to help us when we have a problem with our phones.. Love the tmobile people here in Mason City, Iowa

Anonymous Unknown Los Angeles, CA

I've never had problems with T-Mobile there's always been reliable and affordable plus I don't never had any issues regarding their service or anyting

Bill Newman St. Marys, GA

Before T Mobile merged with Sprint the cell service was very sketchy. It has improved dramatically over the past few years. T-Mobile's prices are far better than the Verizon price I used to pay. The senior plan is $55 per month for 2 phones, unlimited plan. Amazing!

Cbblighthouse Atlanta, GA

Great service. Good selection of devices and services. From first bill if you have a question call or drop by a store. They will explain the bill to you. This is also a good way to catch any errors they may be charging you. They are nice to work with.

Mike Cape Coral, FL

I have been a T-mobile customer now for 4 years, and have been super pleased with their service, calls very rarely drop and no other provider can beat the rate that I am getting for two phone, unlimited everything. Even tethering has been super fast when I have need to use it.

Terse Detroit, MI

I love the new services better now I did not like the old routine of T-Mobile the prices then were just outrageous. Today prices are more convention and more down to earth for customers now. They offer more quality of life products the newest IPhones and lower prices .

Stella B Mamaroneck, NY

Love t-mobile!!! I had a colossal mess up at a retail store. To be honest, the store took advantage and just wanted to fill a quota for the new magenta plan. I loved my T-Mobile one plan. After a year of being on magenta, I realized I was bamboozled and I flipped out. The amazing team on the T-Mobile help on Twitter literally stayed on the chat with me from like 9am- 5pm (breaks and lunch / theirs and mine) and pulled a Hail Mary for me and my family. I cannot tell you how awesome and amazing that was! All while saving me extra monies!!!! Heck yeah!!

Frankie Cibolo, TX

I have been with T-Mobile since they were Voice Stream, nearly 20 years. I would not change carriers anytime in the near future. I have had connection issues at times and they were always ready to provide a fix for them. Their pricing is much better than any I have compared them to. Their customer service is one of the most accomodating , and ready to offer discounts or credits when issues arise.

Charles Walton Salt Lake City, UT

If I had to say one thing about T-Mobile it would be that they have the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. No waiting to get a human being and then they listen carefully to the issues and do all they can to resolve problems. The phone service itself has always been excellent for my needs. I have never been anywhere I did not have service. My home does not get any other provider except T-Mobile and we can use our phones and data over that network anywhere inside our home. I am just glad, since it is all we can get, that it is a great company to work with.

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

Ive been a T-Mobile customer for almost 20 years. They have great customer service. Every time I’ve ever had an issue, their customer reps have been very quick and very helpful. I hate having to go thru the automated operator to get to a live person, but other than that I love their customer service. T-Mobile is also cheaper than other carriers which is why I have stayed with them for so long. I wish they had a better upgrade program though. Ive been wanting to get rid of my iPhone 6 for a while now but dont want to pay full price for a new phone. Their upgrade program in the past was awesome, but the upgrade program now is just meh.

KEVIN BROWN Gorham, ME

Excellent all around service for the last 10 years. I would like a more intuitive website and a call in service that has a more intelligent automated responce that remembers your voice and preferences..maybe Male or Female choice .. ( paying bills for instance on your second call it would recall you prefer a female automatic voice responce and what you normally call about )..if possible it could track your location for instance and say " hope you have a nice day or night or say something positive about your make of phone or even comment on the weather. Their Customer Service both hard location and via phone have been great..I recently called about reducing my bill and they made it happen..very pleased.7

Brian GPWarrior

Thank you for making me feel like we have always been family. John Legere the CEO of T-Mobile has inspired me more than he knows. At a very dark time in my life just recently John's videos and tweets helped bring me back to life you could say. I'm playing guitar more than ever now after stopping for many years due to some challenges during my military service and after I got out. John retweeted a guitar video I sent him live on Twitter using #tweetjohn that boosted my spirits and I've learned to strengthen my faith and this might sound weird but all I want to do is help anyone I can. There is good in everyone and sometimes when people are doing bad all it takes is one person to reach out, hey or how are you? Even smiling at someone could change someone's day or life. You never know. T-Mobile is dedicated not because they feel obligated but because they care in truly addressing your needs and concerns and doing everything it takes to not only fix the problem, but also makes sure you are satisfied with everything before finishing the Call! #TeamMagenta

Tony Pena Whittier, CA

I was with Verizon for 18 years and switched to T-Mobile last year. So far I am super happy with them. They offer great customer service, they are much more reasonably priced and in my situation much faster data speeds that Verizon. I know that your mileage may differ but in my case where it matters most (home, office, etc) the service is better and faster than Verizon which is considerably more expensive, requires a 2 year commitment and and does not offer an unlimited plan for under $100. When I would call Verizon for support I often got attitude but T-Mobile is really good. I know that their coverage isn't as good as Verizon or ATT but for me it is good enough and they are growing their network footprint faster than anyone else. Plus as a whole, they are much more consumer friendly than the other providers. T-Mobile has been the single most influential company to get the bigger guys to at least consider to consumer and not flat out take them for everything they have. I will be a loyal T-Mobile fan as long as they continue to be consumer friendly, I refuse to give my money to the other guys when they make statements like Verizon recently made that they do not care what their clients say they will not give them unlimited plans. I will not support companies like that.

Jeff Bray Patchogue, NY

I don't understand Melinda Elizaldi's review. I simply forgot to pay my T-Mobile bill a couple of months ago. The following month I logged into my account, online, to pay my bill and saw a past due amount along with my current bill with a BIG total amount due. They gave me a option of paying the past due amount in full or in payments. All I had to do was click on which ever option I wanted. I paid it in full, but I remember thinking that it was nice that I had the option if I needed it to pay my past due amount in a payment plan. Maybe Melinda isn't a post paid customer, or maybe Melinda didn't know that payment plans were a option.

Rob Spring, TX

Prior to joining T-Mobile, I felt like every phone company was out to extract as much money from me. When I signed up for T-Mobile I was amazed when I got my first bill and it was clear to understand, I didn’t have excess fees that I wasn’t expecting, and the customer service is great. You can tell they treat their employees well when the people you’re talking to are inquisitive and willing to make sure you (the customer) is happy. I also added their child phone app to my kids phones, and it does a great job letting me control what my kids access. Overall, T-Mobile is the only large company that I trust to put my interest, as a customer first.

cheryl yeary Denver, CO

I really like T-Mobile cell service. We have been T-Mobile customers for 20 years. I have always had great service. I recommend them to anyone.

payal patel Orlando, FL

I have had T Mobile for almost 20 years, its been great! We have hardly ever had issues with service no matter where we travel.

John Sandstrom Two Harbors, MN

I switched to T-Mobile about three months ago only because it was significantly less expensive than Verizon. T-Mobile has great customer service.

Ryan Caballero Woodland Hills, CA

Been a member for a long time. I live in Los Angeles county and overall, the coverage is great. Customer service is also very good with friendly and knowledgeable team.

Michael Bieker Los Angeles, CA

Best in class service - been with them for years. Always highly recommend. The best pricing on phones, and the service is incredible with coverage almost everywhere. No dropped calls since 5G.

MamaWalnutz Memphis, TN

I have great coverage, never had a dropped call and get rewarded every Tuesday with their TMobile Tuesdays program, which means discounted fuel prices, 5.00 off Dunkin' Donuts, Baskin Robbins, etc.

Max Winkel Payson, UT

T-Mobile is awesome and it always has fast data. There stores are very helpful and usually quick. When ive traveled to other states around the U.S. ive notice my data slows done a little bit but not much thats the only flaw ive got

Ingrid Benedict Tucson, AZ

I have been a T-mobile customer for over 10 years. I recently moved to another state, needed to get a new phone and the nearby office was very helpful. Love the senior discount and service. See NO need to change to any other carrier. Ingrid