Best Company Guarantee Concord Auto Protect Logo

Concord Auto Protect

8.6

LAST UPDATED: February 27th, 2024

Concord Auto Protect offers drivers peace of mind with its protection plans. While a standard manufacturer's warranty will last only a few years, Concord Auto Protect has a variety of affordable and comprehensive plans for all makes and models of vehicles. Its award-winning customer service and claims team is available 24/7.

The company offers three protection plans: Powertrain, Advanced, and Premium.

Drivers that get an extended car warranty with the company get free roadside assistance and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Additionally, drivers won't have to worry about dealing with third-party companies as Concord Auto Protect is available nationwide.

The Good

• Protection Plans
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Exotic Car Warranty Provider
  • Positive Customer Reviews

Protection Plans

Concord Auto Protect offers three protection plans. Depending on how much coverage you would like will determine which protection plan you should choose.

The Powertrain plan is Concord's least comprehensive plan, but it is a great option if you're just looking for a basic policy with basic coverage. The Powertrain plan covers the following components:

• Engine
  • Towing
  • Locksmith
  • Rental car
  • 24-hour roadside

Concord's Advanced plan offers all the same coverage as the Powertrain, but you'll also receive coverage for your vehicles AWD/4x4 and Steering (manual or power) components.

The Premium plan is the company's most comprehensive plan. You'll get the same coverage as you do with the Powertrain and Advanced plan, plus all the following:

• Heating
  • Air conditioning
  • Fuel system
  • Anti-lock brakes (ABS)
  • Hi-tech electronics
  • Turbo/supercharger
  • Rear suspension
  • Front suspension

As you probably guessed, the Premium plan is going to be more expensive than the Powertrain or Advanced plan. However, you get the most coverage, which comes in handy in emergencies.

Concord Auto Protect also offers free 24/7 roadside assistance on all of its plans and clients can contact the company's customer service line 24/7.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If you sign up for a plan with Concord Auto Protect and change your mind, you can get a full refund if you contact the company within 30 days of purchase.

Exotic Car Warranty Provider

Concord Auto Protect is unique in the fact that it offers luxury car warranties. If you own a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Maserati, or Aston Martin, we suggest contacting Concord for more information.

Concord Auto Protect provides bumper-to-bumper coverage for all exotic cars.

Positive Customer Reviews

Most reviews on Best Company reveal that consumers are generally happy with Concord Auto Protect's services, coverage, and customer service.

Many customers were especially happy with the company's customer service representatives. Customers stated that they didn't feel pressured to sign up and were pleased with the company's level of professionalism.

A number of reviews also mention Concord's pricing. While the pricing will vary with the vehicle and coverage, several customers said that Concord's pricing was fair and comparable to competitors.

The Bad

• Limited Cost and Contract Information
  • Excluded Coverage

Limited Cost and Contract Information

Concord's website does not disclose the prices, contract lengths, deductibles, or other fees.

This is because every vehicle make and model is different. Extended warranty contracts are governed by state regulations, so there is no straightforward way to know exactly what your extended warranty is going to cost without speaking with the company and getting a quote.

How much coverage you want will also change how much you pay — the more comprehensive the coverage, the more you will pay.

Excluded Coverage

Before signing the dotted line, be sure to read through your contract thoroughly. Your contract may exclude coverage for things like the carburetor, thermostat, battery, battery cable harness/wire, shock absorbers, head gaskets, timing belts, glass, lenses, balance shafts, fuses, fuse boxes, LED lighting, coolants, fluids, filters and more.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking for an extended warranty provider, you can't go wrong with Concord Auto Protect. The company's protection plans are thorough and offer you plenty of coverage (you can even view a sample contract on the website). Plus, there are a number of additional benefits available to you at no extra cost.

Additionally, Concord offers luxury car warranties, something not very many other companies do. As with all extended warranties, we recommend reading through your Concord Auto Protect contract before signing to ensure you get the coverage you need.

Call our recommended rep over at Concord Auto Protect below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More About Our Guarantee

4.8

Michael Morgan Greer, SC

I purchased an extended warranty for our 2019 Nissan Murano for $1750, traded car in a few months later ,called to cancel extended warranty and get a refund was told they were keeping$500 and would refund $1250. Well, over a year later and numerous phone calls , still haven't got a refund. I used to think Concord was the best , not anymore

RH

Concord auto protect does not abide to their policy for covering the full auto insurance claim. They will tell you that they will only cover some parts and give you a very minimal reimbursement no matter how high you paid for the repair cost. No one from their team is diligent enough to call their client in the event that you have problems and would not agree on the terms that were not stated in their agreement

Mike Shimkus Fairless Hills, PA

called my several times to sign up, finally signed up and they took my money, sent me an email with basic information but nothing else. Nothing sent to me in the mail so that I can give to a repair shop if I would ever need to. no more phone calls, nothing. Other then an email I have no documentation or what coverage I have.?????

Reply from Concord Auto Protect

Hello Michael , In the email confirmation you received there's a link you can click on that would take you to our customer portal. Once your on the portal you would be able to view all the information , print and even file a claim online. We are also here to answer any of your questions , you can call us at 888-399-2811 . Most of our customers would call us before posting such a review to let us tend to their needs. Please give us a call so we can discuss your current request. We are here to help and hope that next time before posting a negative review you would give us a call.

Jun. 21st, 2021

American Cleaning & Restoration South Downers Grove, IL

Unfortunately, we have experienced nothing but disappointment from this service provider. They tried to decline a claim for an engine replacement that was required. Not to mention the lack of updates and follow-ups; when we attempted to contact the manager Michael S, every employee we connected with over the phone would promise assistance and make claims such as "We will have an update by the end of the day," the answer was the same when we would reach back out. Not only were they horrible at updating us, and tending to the claim in a timely manner, they also attempted to deny coverage for the engine replacement. They acted in "bad faith" by assuming the vehicle was used commercially since the vehicle was registered under both a company name and the owner of the company. We had to prove to them that they were aware of the titling situation when we first considered their services. Thankfully, there was an email thread that we had provinf their acknowledgment. Anyone reading this review, please take our experience into consideration. We are still dealing with issues of them not covering the replacement in its entirety, and delayed responses from them. Do your homework, there are other service contract providers out there that go above and beyond for their clients. Concord Auto Protect, is unfortunately not one of them.

Melanie Farr East Weymouth, MA

One star is the least amount I could give so thats the rating, but if I could give less I would. I am a single mother with three children I haven’t had my vehicle for more that two years. It is a huge accomplishment for me to be able to afford my own vehicle because up until this point I have been supported by my husband. I looked online for a warranty with a premium package. So to keep myself and my children safe, beginning of last summer my air conditioning wouldn’t work. I contacted Concord Auto my warranty company and opened a claim. What you dont know is that diagnostic tests that are performed on the car could be upwards of $250 or more depending on what is done. And last summer I could not afford the diagnostic test, also at the time I was told the part to correct what they assumed was broken would not be in stock because of a shortage. I spent the entire hot summer driving sweating with my three children in the back of my car windows down hoping not to hit traffic wherever we went. so I waited till this year to address the air conditioning saved for the diagnostic test and my car is in the garage to be fixed. Now stuck because I have been informed bye my service representative at Concord Auto Protect that they do not cover the component needed to fix my air conditioner. I will need to pay out of pocket $800+ to get my car fixed even though I paid for a premium warranty plan.

Daniel Winter Ventura, CA

Terrible communications from the start. Cancelled my policy within the first 30 days, and 5 phone calls and multiple e-mails later, I am still waiting for my full refund. I have been told multiple times that it is processing, still nothing. Maybe this will get someones attention and get things moving. Beware!

Scotty Hinshaw Little Rock, AR

I purchased a policy with this company back in 2020 . im within the guide lines of my policy and my transmission went out , took to a shop like they said . Shop did everything they asked them to do . After SEVERAL calls from me and the shop and 5 days later they DENIED my claim for a "TSB" ! Even the shop told them those had NOTHING to do with my trucks problem , they wanted to give me $250 towards my $4200 repair bill . This company is a complete SCAM !!!!

UnhappyCustomer New York, NY

Scammed. Stalled for over 1.5 months before attempting every excuse in the book to not cover an engine which was specifically covered in my premium contract as guarantee and warranty. Got caught lying to repair facility, myself, their own third party inspection agency, and the BBB. dodged all phone calls and would not offer any solutions. Does not offer any service for anything after 6pm, cannot even look up plan. Made up random quote number which was 1/3 the quote by 2 separate inspectors and failed to provide a location for repair or source any parts for anywhere near that value. Company states they do not pay taxes and will not pay taxes for repair. Also refused to honor their contract including definition of repair costs which states "combination of parts and labor necessary to repair or replace a covered part in the incidence of a breakdown" by denying to pay for all the parts associated with covered part (engine) and refusal to pay for labor relating to any programming or software required to repair the engine. They refused to arrange for replacement or repair of engine which contract states is their obligation if they decide to not approve the repair cost. They tried to force salvage engine without guaranteeing it works and making myself/shop pay for picking up/shipping the engine and all repairs after if they should install a motor which ends up not working. My claim eventually got approved with recycled ie salvage motor which they requested a quote and ended up being thousands more, to which they then attempted to backtrack and try and deny. They cropped photos stating fake prices which were found to be of motors which had been involved in serious frontal auto accidents with full airbag deployment and which were stated to not run at the time of sale. They then tried to use this as a basis for quote, which obviously was thousands of dollars less than every other motor within 100+ mile radius at salvage yards. They attempted to extort my chosen repair shop for free services /parts/labor and also myself as well as stall. when their techniques failed they attempted same thing with third parties and began dodging phone calls. company refused to provide timelines for repair or other solutions, refused to provide me with any information in writing. Got caught lying about who they hired for inspection company in attempt to prevent my shop from contacting the party for proof of receipt and speed up claims. refused to honor literal invoices as well as verified services by verified shops through carfax. when provided with physical receipts they tried to state pictures were cropped and when resubmitted they ignored. Attempted to coerce me to get a refund too instead so they wouldn't have to pay out policy. Cannot use rental reimbursement without a claim approval which is still not decided almost 2 months in. Overall an absolutely horrible company who legitimately does not abide by their own written contract and definitions. Claims adjuster should be put in jail for his deceptive tactics and falsification of information. Repeatedly lie over the phone which is difficult to prove, but they lie so much that there's tons of emails which contradict themselves and they end up getting caught in their own lies. The company actually blocked my number and refused to answer any calls from me on other numbers or discuss any further claims. Told me to try and sue them if I want , then hung up. I have no way to call them now as my number is blocked and they won’t take my calls etc on other numbers or respond to my email. I do not want a refund, I want the repair paid for which I am guaranteed for and their contract states I am covered for . However, without an insurance backer and the high cost of a lawsuit to a consumer as well as their arbitration clause, for big claims like this they can abuse the customer and make it a massive financial burden and difficult process for the customer. They lack morals, ethics, and a ability to follow their own contract coverage. There is massive claims fraud and I discovered an attempt to falsify information and “cook the books” in terms of prices, documents, and labor estimates that were no where near accurate as shown by multiple inspections and other parties. They seriously need to be evaluated for consumer related fraud, business fraud, insurance/contract fraud , tax fraud (as they stated they don’t pay taxes) marketing fraud, and other forms of illegal business practices and deceptive tactics meant to scam, very few employees overall, claims adjuster is a key figure who has repeatedly got caught lying not only about getting the documents they need but also lying in an attempt to fix prices well below the national average and state average for the repair. Lastly, now with an inability to even contact them I have purchased an almost 2k contract which should guarantee I get a full replacement covered including all costs and labor but because the price is high at around 17k they have chosen to block me and cut off all communication making my only option to either pay for the full thing myself or spend thousands to sue them. I do not want the refund on my contract because it is worth nothing compared to what they are legally bound to in the contract. What is a consumer to do if they are completely blocked from contacting a business they have a contract with?

1 year ago Edited November 10, 2022

gd mcclary Clinton, MD

Will never use this company or recommend this company to anyone ever! The one and only time I attempted to use this warranty company it was denied. When it clearly states in my Premium contract that the differential is one of the covered parts. Also, they asked for pictures of the damaged part and the fluid. The differential fluid had metal shavings in it and one of Concord maintenance technicians stated it was nothing wrong with the differential, just change the fluid and everything should be fine. So, I guess the metal flakes in the fluid meant nothing to there technicians. I said, whomever made that diagnosis should be fired on the spot

Unhappy customer ,

You have the WORST customer service!!!!!!!! The lack of of anyone to help with my situation I am now without my car until Monday morning, very nice NOT!!!!! I call to get approval for a repair at 9:00-10:00 am, I get approval for the repair. The garage gets the e-mail asking for information to complete the repair and send the final invoice back so the the bill can be paid and call for a credit card number. The repair is complete both the garage and I call only to find out you are not open on Saturday???? How is it possible for a representative to call me, send an e-mail to the repair garage, call the garage but you are not open on Saturday!!!!??? You are authorize the repair but now you can't pay my bill on the same day you authorized the repair? I am totally confused. I would not recommend ever getting any service from this company that starts your repair process and at the end of the day you do not have your car!!!! Garages are open for repairs on Saturday and so should your warranty company

Reply from Concord Auto Protect

Dear Unhappy Customer, Thank you for leaving this review. A claim was submitted on Saturday morning. We had approvals within 1-2 hours. Your shop completed the repair after business hours on Saturday. The shop was paid early Monday morning before 9 AM local time. We apologize for the timing and we strive for customer satisfaction. As you have stated in the review ,for a company to work as efficiently as we did on a Saturday just shows how high of a level of service we have. No other company would have that turn around on a business day. Feel free to call us to discuss... Concord Auto Protect

Feb. 15th, 2021

Darin Young Lehi, UT

I have a Premium package....called two days ago with a water pump issue and obtained a claim number. Called today from the Ford dealer to get an authorization for repairs and my service advisor was instructed to email a quote which was done around noon. No response. I called three times and all three times was told that nobody was available to handle the claim but somebody would call. I asked who and when and was told “I don’t know maybe by the end of the day”. When I told them that was not acceptable they hung up on me!! Later received a call and conferences in the representative with the shop but no authorization. Asked about a rental car since my truck is in the shop for the weekend and was told they can’t authorize a rental car until the repair is approved and that I can only have one rental day for every 8 hours of labor. Well spent 5 hours today trying to get authorization for a water pump but guess what NO response!! Now have no truck for three days, no rental car, no repair authorization and have been hung up on three times!! The sales person and their website boasts hassle free and fast claims processing.....what a SAD experience with this company!!!!!!!!

NANCE' Frisco, TX

MICHEAL S (AKA HENRY) FAKE NAME DENIED MY CLAIM, STATING VARIOUS REASON WHY THEY WOULD NOT PAY FOR IT. THEY LIED TO ME AND THE DEALERSHIP MULTIPLE TIMES. THEY WILL DENY YOU-DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. ITS A SCAM, USING FAKE NAMES AND FAKE REASONS WHY NOT TO PAY. MY JEEP STARTED MAKING A STRANGE NOISE OVER 1300 MILES INTO THE WARRANT-I QUICKLY TOOK IT TO THE DEALERSHIP TO HAVE FIX AND THEY DENIED PAYING FOR IT, OFFERING ME $250 CREDIT OR TO REIMBURSE ALL MY MONEY ON THE WARRANTY. HIRING A LAWYER TO TAKE CARE OF THIS ONE WILL BE A SATISFACTION FOR THEM HANGING UP ON ME MULTIPLE TIMES AND PRETENDING TO BE OTHER PEOPLE. SEE YOU IN COURT!

Michael Volante Warwick, RI

A few months ago, I began shopping around for an aftermarket warranty for my vehicle. I contacted a multitude of companies before discovering Concord Auto Protect. I spoke to a representative there and what they offered for the price was unbelievable, but now I know why. Concord does not cover any problem that has had a previous technical service bulletin issued in connection to that problem. To simplify, say your car has an issue with the steering components that the manufacturer is aware of. The manufacturer sends out a bulletin to dealers, not consumers, to help their technicians recognize and diagnose that fore-mentioned issue. Once this bulletin has been issued, Concord will not fix that problem at all in the future, whether you owned your vehicle at the time of the bulletin or not. I will say that Concord does list this in their contract, but they do not direct attention to this clause or explain it whatsoever. After speaking with numerous people in the mechanic world, service bulletins represent approximately 70% of the issues people bring vehicles in for. Concord will not fix any of these issues which basically renders your warranty useless. I highly suggest you avoid this company! There prices are too good to be true for a reason and that reason is you will never get reimbursed for your repairs. Also, most of their reviews seem to be fake.

Reply from Concord Auto Protect

This review is not relevant to us. Customer name or other credentials does not match with our records. This kind of vague and non- credible review is not helpful. Concord Auto Protect prides themselves in customer satisfaction and will continue to strive for customer happiness. Thank you.

Jun. 5th, 2020

Oscar Lafayette, CO

They take advantage of senior citizens! They sell you the warranty and then deny every claim. Michael S is a scumbag liar that needs to be put out of business! Check the ripoff reports, BBB, and the attorney general complaints in Pennsylvania. Complaints are all the same, they don't pay their claims!! The good reviews you read are bought and paid for. If you search, you will find the real reviews. I found 88 complaints filed against Concord Auto Protect & Michael S Scumbags & ripoff extended warranty!

Elizabeth Hernandez San Juan, TX

do not recommend very rude and bad csr once you purchase . I purchased this warranty. not happy with it. I cancelled and was told I was going to get a refund with cancellation fees I agreed they refund it partial then I was going to get refunded for a small amount of $285 that was with cancellation fees. today I called they said no more refund on those $285 and they blocked my phone number. I cant call and they never answer there emails they its been 4 weeks.

jason pacheco Parker, CO

Absolute most pathetic business I have ever seen or dealt with. Car was in a shop with a blown motor and they gave the run around for over a month to only come back and say it wouldn't be covered when I had purchased the warranty that covered everything. Provided service records and everything they asked to still be denied. Claimed to have issued a refund for over a month now to still not have received a refund check. Do not do business with these crooks. Won't even respond anymore. Would leave zero stars if it was an option. Have a lawyer ready if needed.

Joshua Nielsen-Mayer Castle Rock, CO

Worst company in this industry. Do not give them your money. They deny claims for false reasons and will not cancel your policy or refund your policy when you request it. They just take your money and pretend to be legitimate. Never again.

3 years ago Edited November 7, 2022

Kevin Barnett Detroit, MI

Total scam. lied about coverage and contract. refused to honor and provide services or alternatives .